PDA

View Full Version : Stop makeing "celia is dumb" threads please

Doomcat
2009-01-13, 02:54 PM
Yeah im pretty sure im not the only one who over the last few weeks has gotten TIRED of all the "celia is dumb" "celia should go back" and "celia should die" okay? enough is enough and i think we get that celia is disliked right now...

so im sorry for this dumb post but im really getting TIRED of these repeat threads :smallfurious:

Late Shift
2009-01-13, 02:59 PM
You are tired of all the Celia is dumb topics... so you're answer is to create another one?

Kish
2009-01-13, 03:07 PM
I applaud the idea but mourn its utter futility.

multilis
2009-01-13, 03:12 PM
They can't stop. Some things are stronger than death and taxes, and love is one of them.

The problem is Celia is too sexy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_Too_Sexy). This makes her unobtainable, resulting in sexual frustration and insane jealousy.

The opposite reaction to Beklar being selfish with his girlfriend, is because... if you can't have an angel, a harp player will do, and if Beklar mistreats her, then there is faint hope.

It is interesting to note that the insane jealously reactions tend to always occur over possible love interests of the leader/hero of story, who are unusually good.

"She was your, like snowflakes
No one could stain,
The memory of my angel
Could never cause me pain" - http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/s/spunge3629/centrefold566196.html

;-)

hamishspence
2009-01-13, 03:16 PM
we've had a lot of anti-Celia posts, one or two pro-celia, but yes, her role has generally been to kick-start the plot. I am hoping she will make an exit soon (once Roy's up again) and hopefully in a way that will, if not make her as likeable as when we saw her in the trial, at least give her some growth before she disappears- Maybe a return to Plane of Air in an effort to drum up some help?

Negotiators are useful when force is less likely to work, but Celia is not very likely to be much help against more competant and evil foes.

Optimystik
2009-01-13, 04:20 PM
Hey, I'm as eager to get back to V and Durkon as the next guy, but I've got to play the hand I've been dealt. It's been 10 strips since I last saw an actual spell get cast, and it was by a minor NPC. I'm so over this Greysky drama.

Assassin89
2009-01-13, 04:33 PM
All of these anti-Celia threads are really starting to bother me. Although Celia's behavior does become annoying, she shows how someone outside the adventure would react after being swiftly given a role as an adventurer. In sum, all of the anti-Celia threads are discussing the same idea, which means that most should be removed, IIRTFRC

xyzzy
2009-01-13, 05:07 PM
I applaud the idea but mourn its utter futility.

I agree completely. Celia's an interesting character because she's a source of problems --- trying to make the story better by getting rid of her would be quite boring.

[TS] Shadow
2009-01-13, 07:36 PM
I think that there were a lot of anti-miko threads as well when she was still alive (I wasn't there, sue me,) and they are still going on today. People love to complain, so as admirable as your effort is, it's kinda pointless, as stated. Just don't look at a thread with the title "Celia," and you'll do fine.

Assassin89
2009-01-13, 07:38 PM
I just wish that there was only one thread discussing the anti-Celia topic so that less data is in the forums.

JaxGaret
2009-01-13, 10:35 PM
IIRTFRC

What?

I personally don't care that Celia is unlikeable - that's fine - but I hope that the Giant realizes that he is writing her as unlikeable.

Optimystik
2009-01-13, 10:38 PM
What?

I personally don't care that Celia is unlikeable - that's fine - but I hope that the Giant realizes that he is writing her as unlikeable.

I don't see how he couldn't, with the threads cropping up like crabgrass. But she's not hurting the comic in any way; it just gives those of us who hate stupidity something to bellyache over and boost our post counts.

Llama231
2009-01-13, 10:51 PM
we've had a lot of anti-Celia posts, one or two pro-celia, but yes, her role has generally been to kick-start the plot. I am hoping she will make an exit soon (once Roy's up again) and hopefully in a way that will, if not make her as likeable as when we saw her in the trial, at least give her some growth before she disappears- Maybe a return to Plane of Air in an effort to drum up some help?

Negotiators are useful when force is less likely to work, but Celia is not very likely to be much help against more competant and evil foes.

Ooh, me me! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102060):smallbiggrin:
Yeah, this is kind of getting out of control...

Assassin89
2009-01-13, 11:11 PM
Yeah, this is kind of getting out of control...

I agree with you because twelve threads directed towards the hatred of one character is a little much and it detracts from other discussions.

Optimystik
2009-01-13, 11:20 PM
I agree with you because twelve threads directed towards the hatred of one character is a little much and it detracts from other discussions.

Yeah, just think of all the "Belkar is chaotic neutral," "I know V's gender!" and "What are the 4 words?" threads we could be having instead!

Roland St. Jude
2009-01-15, 02:53 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Is a thread is duplicative of another active thread, please report it with links to both. We'll merge them or lock one.