PDA

View Full Version : End of this book (ie book 4)

Shanty Man
2009-01-13, 04:09 PM
There can't be more than 50 (proberbly less) strps before the end of book 4
So how do you think they are going to go? What will be the dramatic ending this time? How much is that doggy in the window? (The one with the wagerly tail) ect

hamishspence
2009-01-13, 04:15 PM
Depends on if it follows the trend of increasing book length, or if all subsequent books will be between War and XPS and Paladin Blues in length.

That said, I'm hoping Roy will be ressurrected, and it will cut to the Big Preparations Redcloak and Xykon should be making to get to the next gate (Girards, across the sea on the western continent)

That would work well- DCF- showdown, Paladin blues- quieter, War and XPs- showdown, this book- quieter- next book- middle is big climax at Girard's gate.

This is just a guess though.

Enlong
2009-01-13, 04:49 PM
I've got a feeling that this book, like the other five, will end wiht the resolution of a main character's development. Therefore, in between now and the end of the book, we will see the resolution of the Vaarsuvius story, either in a massive betrayal (well, more massive) and big battle, or something else. Or, it could be that Belkar is the one on the cover of this book, and the resoluton of this book will be the outing of his fake development, or his death.

Tough to say which.

isocum
2009-01-13, 05:48 PM
i think next book's end will be the strip when they set sail/set foot on western continent. the pre-girard arc will likely deal with elan-haley-linearguild plots, and then actual g-gate arc will come. those last two may be combined in one book though. so no new book until the group is final imho.

[TS] Shadow
2009-01-13, 06:01 PM
Belkar is most likely going to be the one on the cover. After all, this is the first book where he's had significant character development. Think: Dungeon Crawling Fools had Elan, and he got development with the Nale subarc. Paladin Blues had Roy, and he had development in the sword/Miko thing. War and XP's had Haley, with the love for Elan thing. Origins had Durkon, with his prophecy. Belkar gets this one, for his "development." I suspect that V will get the next one, cause I predict some BIG events, with V at the center.

David Argall
2009-01-13, 07:21 PM
The previous 2 books have been about 180 strips, and that is a fairly thick book. So something around 664-670 seems reasonable. That gives us 42-50 strips.
Of late the chapters have averaged 15 strips [varying from barely 10 to over 30.], so we expect 3 more chapters. So I will guess I will suggest a-V having a crisis, b-Belkar conning everybody he's a nice guy, and dying as a result, and c-Roy gets raised and party re-united with a final splash page.
Now we may get a chapter on Linear Guild plots, Azure city needs to be recovered, and there are other things, so Belkar may not croak until the next book. But V is coming up quite soon, and Roy looks very likely to revive at the end of this book.

[TS] Shadow
2009-01-13, 07:34 PM
The previous 2 books have been about 180 strips, and that is a fairly thick book. So something around 664-670 seems reasonable. That gives us 42-50 strips.
Of late the chapters have averaged 15 strips [varying from barely 10 to over 30.], so we expect 3 more chapters. So I will guess I will suggest a-V having a crisis, b-Belkar conning everybody he's a nice guy, and dying as a result, and c-Roy gets raised and party re-united with a final splash page.
Now we may get a chapter on Linear Guild plots, Azure city needs to be recovered, and there are other things, so Belkar may not croak until the next book. But V is coming up quite soon, and Roy looks very likely to revive at the end of this book.

I doubt Belkar's gonna die in this book. It's too early for that. The siege on Grubby's castle alone might take 20 or more strips, and I doubt he'll die then. I think we need a small chapter with the Linear Guild. Something similiar to NCftPB's chapter, which was only 7 strips long. Besides, everyone misses Thog. We can't have a story arc without him!