PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Cleric PrCs

Swooper
2009-01-13, 05:50 PM
I'm playing a gestalt cleric//crusader in a RL game, currently at 4th level. He's a cleric of Ribla'Tar, local god of murder, slaughter and bloodshed - Chaotic Evil. Sort of similar to Erythnul I suppose.

I'm having trouble finding a good prestige class for the cleric side. I've gone through Complete Divine, Complete Champion and Book of Vile Darkness and the only thing I've found is Contemplative, which is nice for a single level or so for getting an extra domain. Mostly anything else either loses spellcaster levels (and is therefore not worth it) or restricted to an alignment incompatible with mine or a deity that couldn't be refluffed into Ribla'Tar. He's separated from his cult, so a refluffed Church Inquisitor doesn't work.

So, I need a full (or at least one that doesn't lose me more than one or two levels) spellcasting divine PrC that doesn't exclude CE. NE might be ok even, we're not super strict on alignments I guess. Any 3.5 book is pretty much open. Some 3.0 books might even be, just hit me with whatever you can think of.

NeoVid
2009-01-13, 06:06 PM
For scary clerics, I highly recommend the Master of Shrouds from Libris Mortis. For the cost of one caster level and two feats to qualify, you gain the ability to summon incorporeal undead.

It also gets you several other good abilities, but that one is crushingly powerful. I was amazed at how few enemies had a way to deal with a pair of shadows appearing through the wall, then hitting them with d6 STR damage every round.

monty
2009-01-13, 06:13 PM
Divine Oracle is pretty respectable. A nice "screw you" to rogues, divination bonuses, and a free domain, among other things, at the cost of one feat.

Swooper
2009-01-13, 07:02 PM
I found a pretty good one: Divine Disciple from Player's Guide to Faerūn. Hardly any requirements apart from 4th level divine magic, full spellcasting over 5 levels, some minor class abilities, a bonus domain at 4th level and change to native outsider at 5th level. Sweet.

Master of Shrouds might work later, thanks for the pointer. Might also pick up Divine Oracle later if I can spare the feat.