PDA

View Full Version : That girl looks familiar, Belkar might be in trouble

ChaosDefender24
2009-01-13, 10:04 PM
Is this too much of a stretch? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0355.html)

Kish
2009-01-13, 10:05 PM
1) Jenny was in OtOoPCs.
2) Someone Sabine shapeshifted into would have no need to look anything like the real Sabine. Assuming that the Sabine we usually see actually looks like the "real" Sabine...

[TS] Shadow
2009-01-13, 10:06 PM
Is this too much of a stretch? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0355.html)

No, it's Jenny, from strip 611.

Besides, if it was Sabine, Belkar's level count would be -5 by now, seeing what they've been doing.

Moff Chumley
2009-01-13, 10:11 PM
No. It's not Sabine.

Optimystik
2009-01-13, 10:40 PM
Shadow;5637166']No, it's Jenny, from strip 611.

Besides, if it was Sabine, Belkar's level count would be -5 by now, seeing what they've been doing.

Hey, she can make out with Nale without reducing him to single-digits. It's not like she's a wight.

Llama231
2009-01-13, 10:48 PM
Maybe Sabine=Jenny=Julia=Roy's mom.
They are the only colored women in the comic anyway.:smallbiggrin:
[Blatently making fun of the (person) is related to Roy because of skin color topics.)

Optimystik
2009-01-13, 10:50 PM
Maybe Sabine=Roy's mom.

No way Sabine could be that slutty. :smallwink:

Assassin89
2009-01-13, 10:57 PM
Maybe Sabine=Jenny=Julia=Roy's mom.
They are the only colored women in the comic anyway.:smallbiggrin:
[Blatently making fun of the (person) is related to Roy because of skin color topics.)
[sarcasm detected]

Problems with that theory. Julia and Sabine were in the same area, not to mention that Sabine would probably not be allowed in Celestia.

ChaosDefender24
2009-01-13, 11:06 PM
Aah, I never read Origin of PCs... so sorry. I remembered Jenny from earlier, but thought it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for Sabine to infiltrate the gang, join the fray, seduce Belkar...

Ellen
2009-01-13, 11:24 PM
Gasp! Jenny is really Sabine's evil twin!

Corwin Weber
2009-01-14, 01:28 AM
Call me crazy..... but.....

...I'm reasonably sure Sabine wouldn't have to disguise herself to get Belkar into bed.

Just sayin.

factotum
2009-01-14, 03:01 AM
Aah, I never read Origin of PCs... so sorry. I remembered Jenny from earlier, but thought it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for Sabine to infiltrate the gang, join the fray, seduce Belkar...

But, as already mentioned, if she were going to do so she wouldn't be likely to shapeshift into someone who happened to look similar to her "real" form, would she? We know Sabine can look like pretty much anybody--she even shapeshifted into a male police officer after getting defeated by Roy in Cliffport.

Optimystik
2009-01-14, 03:16 AM
But, as already mentioned, if she were going to do so she wouldn't be likely to shapeshift into someone who happened to look similar to her "real" form, would she? We know Sabine can look like pretty much anybody--she even shapeshifted into a male police officer after getting defeated by Roy in Cliffport.

In the OP's defense, Sabine's disguises do tend to match her skin color (the "dwarf" that sent Roy after the starmetal, as an Azurite noble, and the cop you mentioned.) She even painted her face in Azure City to hide it.

Voyager_I
2009-01-14, 03:35 AM
In the OP's defense, Sabine's disguises do tend to match her skin color (the "dwarf" that sent Roy after the starmetal, as an Azurite noble, and the cop you mentioned.) She even painted her face in Azure City to hide it.

I doubt the facepaint was hiding her face, given how easily she can change it. It was more likely just part of the outfit.

Optimystik
2009-01-14, 03:57 AM
I doubt the facepaint was hiding her face, given how easily she can change it. It was more likely just part of the outfit.

I meant it was disguising the color. She seems to have an inclination to keep that skin tone in her various forms for some reason.

It could also have been part of the outfit, though I saw no other Azurites with face paint.

Trixie
2009-01-14, 04:31 AM

I'm pretty sure that was standard Azure city makeup (a'la Japanese real makeups), not for hiding anything.

The Minx
2009-01-14, 05:44 AM
I'm pretty sure that was standard Azure city makeup (a'la Japanese real makeups), not for hiding anything.

That paint could be conveniently performing both functions simultaneously.

factotum
2009-01-14, 07:50 AM
In the OP's defense, Sabine's disguises do tend to match her skin color

Considering Jenny's skin tone is quite a bit darker than Sabine's that only tends to reinforce against the notion that they're one and the same.

Grail
2009-01-14, 07:54 AM
Hey, she can make out with Nale without reducing him to single-digits. It's not like she's a wight.

Death Ward and such spells are great for making out with sexy Succubi! :smallwink:

Micorandlin
2009-01-14, 09:59 AM
Call me crazy..... but.....

...I'm reasonably sure Sabine wouldn't have to disguise herself to get Belkar into bed.

Just sayin.

Crazy!

Seriously, I can't be the only one that wanted to do that. Call 'em crazy that is, not deny the actual point.

Kish
2009-01-14, 11:19 AM
I think she probably would have to disguise herself to get Belkar into bed, actually.

He knows she can drain levels by touch. He knows she considers him an enemy. He knows that if they're both naked, he's genuinely unarmed and she's nearly as well-armed as she usually is. He's not that stupid in that particular way.

Assassin89
2009-01-14, 11:28 AM
Remember that Belkar kissed Jenny with no ill effects.

A succubus drains energy from a mortal it lures into some act of passion, or by simply planting a kiss on the victim. If the target is not willing to be kissed, the succubus must start a grapple, which provokes an attack of opportunity. The succubus’s kiss or embrace bestows one negative level. The kiss also has the effect of a suggestion spell, asking the victim to accept another kiss from the succubus. The victim must succeed on a DC 21 Will save to negate the effect of the suggestion. The DC is 21 for the Fortitude save to remove a negative level. These save DCs are Charisma-based.

T-O-E
2009-01-14, 11:40 AM
[sarcasm detected]

Problems with that theory. Julia and Sabine were in the same area, not to mention that Sabine would probably not be allowed in Celestia.

Why did you do that? You knew he was joking. There's no point.

ref
2009-01-14, 12:36 PM
Yes, yes... Sabine offers openly to Belkar and Belkar is all "what the heck, it'll be an awesome way to go, and I'm gonna be raised anyway." Sadly for him, he only bats .500 on that sentence.

multilis
2009-01-14, 05:17 PM
Actually, it can be Sabine or another shapeshifter, *pretending* to be Jenny, though doubtful seeing as Beklar took initiative in the romance.

Optimystik
2009-01-14, 05:24 PM
Remember that Belkar kissed Jenny with no ill effects.

Academically, that doesn't prove she is not Sabine, because Nale kissed her with no ill effects either. (And more than kiss, if their innuendoes are to be believed.)

JonahFalcon
2009-01-14, 07:57 PM
Maybe it's Jenny from the Block. Baby got back!

The Blackbird
2009-01-14, 09:59 PM
No way Sabine could be that slutty. :smallwink:

Are you sure?

Assassin89
2009-01-14, 10:02 PM
Are you sure?

Sabine is an evil incarnation of illicit sex as stated in 394 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0394.html), so I would think Optimystik is being sarcastic.

The Blackbird
2009-01-14, 10:07 PM
Sabine is an evil incarnation of illicit sex as stated in 394 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0394.html), so I would think Optimystik is being sarcastic.

Oh okay I see that now.

Optimystik
2009-01-14, 11:02 PM

Correct. My comment was a reference to the fact that they are both... *ahem*..."whoring up the afterlife."

Linkavitch
2009-01-15, 03:11 PM
Shadow;5637166']No, it's Jenny, from strip 611.

What about Nale, though? I'm sure they did alot of that sort of thing as well.