PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft II: Blackout (Werewolf Game) - Put on ice until further notice

Shadowcaller
2009-01-14, 10:56 AM
The recruitment has started, the game itself will start the 29 January in a new thread that will be created by then.

Just sign up and your in, there is no real minimum or maximum player limit to this game.

Starcraft II: Blackout

Terran (Team Villager)
A Terran outpost have been under attack by the Protoss and Zerg since the discovery of an ancient site of Xel'Naga Artifacts (The Protoss even asked if they could come, stupid aliens). Your job is to wipe out these invading forces and secure this artifact in the name of Emperor Arcturus Mengsk. You win once all the Protoss and the Zerg have been killed (including the psionics that have joined the Zerg or the Protoss).

Joe "Damned" Bennett (Ghost): "You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind." Every night Bennett may select another player for a "nuke down" by marking it with a small red dot. One night after that player was selected the player will be nuked (killed) unless the ghost cancels the nuke down or the player is already dead. The ghost can't cancel the nuke if he/she is dead. If there already is a player selected for a nuke down Bennett may not select another one. Scries as Joe Bennett (Ghost).

Commander Buck Sterling (Baner): What do you mean we don't got any plot central characters?: The Commander of the squad, every night Buck can protect a player from night kills and scries. If a person is target by a night kill the same night he/she is protected the name of that person will not be revealed in the narration. Scries as Buck Sterling (Baner).

Marine (Villager) "You want a piece of me, boy?": These often "culturally challenged" individuals have thanks to Neural resocialization (brain surgery) got a new chance to serve Terran society. Scries as Marine (Villager)

Firebat (Mason), "Need a light?": These Soldiers know everything about each other, you don't tell lies if the guy next to you can preform a "spy heck". One of them have earned the duty to take care of the Xel'Naga Artifact. Scries as Firebat (Mason)

Xel'Naga Artifact: A mysterious Artifact created by the Xel'Naga, if this strange Artifact would fall into the hands of the Protoss or the Zerg they would win the game.
A Firebat (Mason) will start with this item at the beginning of the game. When a player receive this Artifact they must choose a player that will get it if they die. Due the strange energy its emitting, non-kill night actions can't effect its holder. This is including recruitment attempts and scries that will only receive an error message back, but not bane attempts unless the baner holds the artifact.

Protoss (Werewolf Team 1)
The Protoss under the leadership of Zeratul have come here to find out more about the Xel’Naga.
Unfortunately the Terran's came here first and they don't seems very willingly to share this important discovery. Negations have failed, now its time to deal with this in blood. These greedy Terran's or bloodthirsty Zerg must be removed, you must take what is rightfully yours as the first born.

You win once one of the players in your team have the Xel'Naga artifact, you can every oddly numbered night kill a player. In addition you thanks to the Dark Archon in your group can use mind control (a recruitment attempt) two times during the game. This only works on Marines (Villagers), if a recruitment fails it can't be used again.

Zeratul (Master Disguiser) "I have journeyed through the darkness between the most distant stars. I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...": Every night Zeratul can disguise two players as whatever role he wishes. Scries as Zeratul (Master Disguiser).

Protoss Infiltrator (Traditional Wolf Role) En taro Adun!: Is a part of Zeratul's team that searches for any traces of the Xel'Naga. They have mastered in the art of the light bending Dark Templars and can disguise themselfs as Marines. Scries as Protoss (Wolf Team 1)

Zerg (Werewolf Team 2)
Send here by the Queen of Blades your objective is to secure any Xel'Naga artifacts, that is the will of the swarm. Every odd numbered night you can kill one player. In addition you can infect (attempt to recruit) two times during the game. This only works on Marines (Villagers), if a recruitment fails it can't be used again.

You will win once one player in your team got the Xel'Naga Artifact.

Zergrinch (Defiler) "My forces are very frightful, And I find your screams delightful, There's no one to whom you can turn, Let it burn, let it burn, let it burn!": He is back again, this time not to capture Santa Claus but to serve the swarm (the lack of cookies is said to have turned him away from his original goal). Every night Zergrinch can either void a player or void the first player that uses a night action on a player Zergrinch selected that night. Night kills and recruitment attempts can't be voided. Scries as Marine (Villager).

Changeling (Traditional wolf role) Hyzzzzz?: A improved version of the normal changeling. These creatures can take the form as normal humans and don't have a limited lifespan like their normal counterparts do. Scries as Zerg (Wolf Team 2).

Psionics (Scryers)
Three Psionics that are unsure who to serve.

The Psonics can choose what team they want to a a part of, if they die or survives to the end of the game without choosing a team they will lose the game.

You join a side by message the game leader the side you want to join, but remember once one psionic have joined a side no other seer can join the same side as she/he did.
For example if Psionic 1 join the Zergs, Psionic 2 must join either the Protoss or the Terran's and Psionic 3 will only be able to select the side no one have chosen yet.

All psionics can before and after they joined a side perform scry once every night using their physics powers to see into the mind of one player and see their role in the game
All seers scries as Psionic (scryer) before and after they have joined a side. If they die they will simply be revealed to have been a Psionic in the narration.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player List
-Insert player names here-

Shadowcaller
2009-01-15, 08:57 AM
Well looks like the thread is here, hopefully I will be able to be a bit more active when the recruitment ends...

UncleWolf
2009-01-15, 09:15 AM
I didn't catch the thread being up last night. I'm in.

and that makes 3 I'm in. I think that is enough for now.

Dirk Kris
2009-01-15, 09:45 AM
I'm in, totally.
Especially since I recently won Marine itP - it's sort of expected!

Murska
2009-01-15, 10:52 AM
I'm in as Protoss ITP. :smallamused:

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-15, 10:54 AM
Sign me up.

Deathslayer7
2009-01-15, 12:41 PM
In with nukes. :smallbiggrin:

Griever
2009-01-15, 01:08 PM
Murska's life for Aiur!! a.k.a.: IN

PirateMonk
2009-01-15, 06:50 PM
Are the wolves supposed to both kill on the same night?

How does recruitment work?

In.

Darkcomet
2009-01-15, 07:05 PM
In, so very, very in. Hopefully, I won't get killed early again.

Aemoh
2009-01-15, 07:16 PM
In again, says I.

Fan
2009-01-15, 07:23 PM
Lets burn.... In other words in.
"Go, Go, Go!"

Recaiden
2009-01-15, 08:21 PM
I'm in. Now if we could dig up LOZ 4:smallfrown:

Duos
2009-01-15, 09:17 PM
Yeah. That kinda dropped off the face of the earth, somehow. I'd like to find that-I was supposed to co-narrate, I think, and I was looking forward to to that. Also, to clarify, I'm not in-I need to cut back on the number of games I'm in right now, for reasons that will become clear soon. Oh, and: *Shakes fist at Dirk Kris*:smallannoyed:

Shadowcaller
2009-01-16, 02:41 AM
Are the wolves supposed to both kill on the same night?

How does recruitment work?

In.

No, the wolves will kill on different nights, the Zerg will kill one player every even night (night 2, night 4 etc.).

The protoss will kill one player every odd night (night 1, night 3 etc).

Edit: The recruitment works like this:

The zerg (for example) uses one of their two recruitment attempts to ask player X to join them. They send a message to the narrator(s), and the narrator sends a message to player X telling him that the Zerg offers him to join them.
If player X is a marine (villager) he can accept this recruitment attempt by messaging this to the narrator.
At the end of that night the narrator will send back the result of the attempt (if player X joined the zerg or not).

Istari
2009-01-18, 08:57 PM
Why not :smallbiggrin:
In

Shadowcaller
2009-01-21, 02:37 AM
The recruitment of this game has now "officially" started and there is now a week left until the game starts.

Selrahc
2009-01-21, 07:13 AM
I'll give it a go.

Shadowcaller
2009-01-25, 12:52 PM
One bump, one player...

The game starts the 29 January but I think I'm going to extend the recruitment thread unless I got 20+ players by then.

Shadowcaller
2009-01-28, 02:10 AM
I'm going to put this game on ice, there are too many games recruting right now and I really think we should try to follow the "one game per week" schedule as soon as possible.

The game might return once on a better date with fewer games recruiting.