PDA

View Full Version : A few downtime spells

The Mentalist
2009-01-14, 12:45 PM
I'm running a game and I needed spells to modify animals and such (demented animal breeder as BBEG) and I figured someone else may enjoy these (or critique them because one especially doesn't seem quite right)

Breeder's Delight
Lvl 5 Sorcerer/Wizard
Transmutation
Cast Time 30minutes
Target 1 creature
Duration Instant
Range touch
Save none
SR No

This spell applies templates to an animal or vermin to a maximum of 1 template per 5 caster levels these templates may have a CR or level adjustment of no higher than 1 per 5 caster levels. A creature may only receive this spell once.

Breeder's Delight II
Lvl 6 Sorcerer/Wizard
Transmutation
Cast Time 30minutes
Target 1 creature
Duration Instant
Range touch
Save none
SR No
Grants an animal or vermin spell like abilities, this spell must be no higher than level 2 and from the Transmutation school the creature may then use this spell three times per day. A creature may only receive this spell once.

Breeder's Delight III
Lvl 3 Sorcerer/Wizard
Transmutation
Cast Time 30minutes
Target 1 creature
Duration Instant
Range touch
Save none
SR No

This spell changes the body covering of an animal or vermin, the change is merely cosmetic and has no effect on any statistics. At level 13 precious substances may be chosen as coverings.

Breeder's Delight IV
Lvl 4 Sorcerer/Wizard
Transmutation
Cast Time 30minutes
Target 1 creature
Duration Instant
Range touch
Save none
SR No

This spell changes an animal or vermin's digestive system making it an herbivore, omnivore, or carnivore at the caster's choosing. At level 15 special diets may be added (human flesh, photosynthesis, jewels, blood, and so on.)

So what do you all think? What do I need to add?

Limos
2009-01-14, 12:55 PM
What is the advantage of the last one? Other than making a vegitarian Dragon I suppose. Why would you want to force your animal to eat Human flesh?

Mando Knight
2009-01-14, 01:16 PM
Why are the spells III and IV lower spell levels than I and II?

Mercenary Pen
2009-01-14, 01:57 PM
What is the advantage of the last one? Other than making a vegitarian Dragon I suppose. Why would you want to force your animal to eat Human flesh?

These are intended for the BBEG. Presumably to allow for things like flesh-eating adamantine housecats.

The Mentalist
2009-01-14, 02:02 PM
@ Limos: The last one is just flavor I like the idea of flesh eating squirrels though.

@Mando Knight: Because I came up with them later and forgot to edit it

@ Mercenary Pen: They're viable for players too the concept was for my BBEG

I just wanted a few two headed fire breathing squirrels that eat human flesh!!!! Is that so wrong?

Lappy9000
2009-01-14, 03:14 PM
......I find the name "Breeder's Delight" to be highly disturbing.

The Mentalist
2009-01-14, 06:03 PM
The Mentalist holds no liability for any disturbing thoughts that may be side effects of his ideas