PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Creating Realistic Space Sci-Fi Universe

mandor1784
2009-01-14, 06:27 PM
Do you have a creative mind and good writing skills? How would you like to be a player and co-creator of an entirely new universe?

I am looking for creatively-minded people who would like to help me craft a Universe and then take part in playing in a campaign. The Universe is at the bare-bones right now, and will be a Realistic Space Sci-Fi type. Think Space: Above and Beyond. Think the WingCommander series. Think Battlestar Galactica.

If you are at all interested, please contact me at [email protected]. I look forward to working with you and building a world that can be entirely our own.

mandor1784
2009-01-15, 09:23 AM
*bump*!

This is the general conceit-

I want to create a Universe set in the next 150, 250 years, where humanity has just begun to venture past Sol, with fledgling faster-than-light abilities.

The primary focus of the 'game' will be military, but it could encompass any kind of character that someone would want to play (within reason, of course).

Within that, I wanted to craft the history that brought the universe to that point, and all the fun details that go with creating such. I want to keep a premium on relative realism. After that, design the stat and 'rule' system, if any.

Solaris
2009-01-15, 10:14 AM
I did something like that a while back. Future History (http://z10.invisionfree.com/Mecha_Slugfest/index.php?showtopic=12). I wrote it many moons ago for a game that went nowhere. There's a longer version somewhere online, but I can't quite find it.
... What? I read A History of the Arab World and wanted to write a sequel. Shu'up.