PDA

View Full Version : WFRP (warhammer fantasy roleplay)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

littlebottom
2009-01-14, 11:02 PM
@everyone: you have been travling for a couple of days now and it must be about 6pm, and all the way on your journy its been thick woods, small dirt tracks, bad weather and an empty stomoch, but in the distance, you see... a building, no wait, several buildings. it must only be a small village, but what does that matter after sleeping on the ground? dark clouds start heading your way, and it would be a safe bet to say that its going to rain very heavily, very soon.

(you are each on your own at the moment, arriving at simmilar, but not exactly the same times.)

Kaisshau
2009-01-15, 11:08 AM
Snorri
Snorri looked at the sky, grumbled, then roared his defiance. All the way here it'd been the same thing. Now that he's close, it's gotta get worse. Of course. Rain meant puddles, and looking at this road, that'd mean swimming in some places. He'd never liked swimming, but he'd do what he had to.

He stood up, and dropped his rations back into his bag. He shook the dust out of his breeches; for he was naked from the waist up, his chest, back and arms covered in a myriad of swirling tattoos. He ran his hand through his three tufts of orange hair, each on starting at the front of his head, and joining around the back of his crown into a ponytail. He hefted his weapon, a great axe too large and heavy for any man to wield, but no problem for the dwarf, covered in Dwarven runes. The runes meant nothing to a smith, and nothing to a trader. They meant something only to Snorri.

He'd go to this village, and see if the rumors of great evil are true. See if there's something here worth dying to, not just the goblins and orcs he'd found as of yet. His great axe in hand, swinging easily beside him as he ran, he set his sights on the village. He meant to get there quick, before the rain, and before those blasted puddles.

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 03:28 PM
Kazari quietly steps along the road. Catching sight of the Trollslayer running he too speeds up, hoping to have some protection if the mob were to catch him. In his circumstances, rain is his friend. It obscures vision and slows down large crowds.

Unfortunately, it is also slowing him. His blue-black shaggy hair drapes into his grey eyes, plastered down by the rain, obscuring his vision. His nose is crushed backwards into his face and he ears three earrings. His clothes become colder by the second and his boots suck him into the mud. He takes a grip on the billyclub in his belt, prepared to smack anyone that catches up on the head. His bolas, four pouches of wet sand connected by ropes, hang over his back. His stocky torso drips water onto the road.

Kazari tugs his beard and breaks into a full sprint. A good ale or six and a soft warm bed should calm his nerves. Backwoods villages are hardly ever found by rampaging mobs and never charge extortionate prices. But he cannot run from his own shame. As he reaches the Trollslayer he is vividly reminded of this.

He catches up puffing, and bows to him, then begins to make small talk in flinty Khazalid. "Good day, Slayer. It is strange to find another of the Elder Race out here, in the primitive manling towns."

orchitect
2009-01-15, 04:49 PM
Greta
I move off of the road as the rain grows harder. The trees should keep me dry. I take off my cold, wet jerkin and sling it over one shoulder. I’m stripped bare to the waist, except for my gut plate.

In my right hand I hold my halberd, using it as a walking stick as I force my way through the dense forest. My eyes dart around, looking for anything warm and edible. Small furry creatures scurry before me, but they are too quick for me to catch. Besides, I’m in a hurry to get to the next town, that man had said he saw a group of ogres heading in this direction. The next town will have ale and food, and barring that, someone I can eat. I laugh out loud at the thought of the last goblin I ate… alive.

I pull a beetle out of my braids and munch on it. Eating the little bug only makes me hungrier. I can hear my stomach growling; the noise is echoed by my gut plate. I pat it affectionately and start poking in my braids for another beetle.

I hardly notice that I’ve stepped out of the woods, and that the rain had died down a bit, and onto a path as I pull another struggling bug from my greasy, copper colored hair. I bite down on its head as I turn and notice two dwarfs walking in my direction.

One of them reminds me of a dwarf that once attacked my tribe. I chuckle to myself remembering how he had tasted. I wonder if this one tastes good, I think to myself. Its not worth the trouble, I finally conclude as they get closer to my position. They’re headed to the village too, maybe they’ve seen my tribe! I step out of my position at the edge of the wood and start walking towards them using my halberd to push myself along the muddy road. My stomach growls again.

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 05:44 PM
Bedraggled, Kazari hails Greta in Khazalid. "Greetings, madam. Are you joining us to this village?"

orchitect
2009-01-15, 07:07 PM
Greta

I take in the dwarf standing opposite the mohawked one. I hear him speak in the dwarf tongue. I can recognize it from my time spent in the mines, but usually my tribe would use Reikspeil when it was talking with non-ogres. Surely these dwarfs know Reikspeil.

"Do you speak Reikspeil? Grumbarth? I don't speak dwarf."

I feel another bug crawling in my braids and quickly reach for it. I grab it and pop it in my mouth as I point down the road."

"Are you going to the village?"

I look at them again. They both look tough, like good fighters. I think I could get along with these dwarfs.

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 07:13 PM
"What? You don't speak Khazalid? But you are a dwarf! Anyway, yes, I am going to the village. Are you?"

Kazari thinks the next part to himself.

Human colonisation in the worst degree. A dwarf who doesn't speak her mother tongue? No respect for your own race.

Kaisshau
2009-01-15, 07:51 PM
Snorri
Elbowing Kazari in the side, Snorri grumbles in Khazalid.
"She's durtier than me, and shares the same stance on armor. Didn't think I'd ever find a woman meant fer me." Chuckling, he turns to Greta.

"What's yer business in tha village, lass?" Winking, he grins. "Lookin' fer a man?"

orchitect
2009-01-15, 08:12 PM
Kazari
Looking a little puzzled I reply, "My mother was an ogre. She spoke Grumbarth. I speak Grumbarth. What's wrong with that?"

Snorri
I turn to the dwarf with the mohawks. I hear him say something else in the dwarf language. My curiosity is piqued.

He winks at me, a gesture I'm familiar with. "I'm looking for my tribe in the village," I reply. I joke with him though I know exactly what he's asking me. "Is this man for eating, or mating?"

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 08:13 PM
Greta
I take off my cold, wet jerkin and sling it over one shoulder. I’m stripped bare to the waist, except for my gut plate.

(im supprised no one has commented on this yet, unless ive misinterpreted it:smallannoyed:)

you begin approaching the town, as you get closer you begin to see a tavern and a blacksmith, a fletcher, carpentor, tailor. infact, most basic trades here, but not many buildings are just houses, it seems to be a primarily trading town, where the villagers sell their goods to visitors and it seems that most of the familys here have a business of one form or another. the rain begins to flow down as if a continuous stream of water opposed to rain, and doesnt look like its going to ease up for a while.

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 08:17 PM
(im supprised no one has commented on this yet, unless ive misinterpreted it:smallannoyed:)

Kazari is trying to cling to the last fragments of his honour. He wouldn't go "Nice. Is the rest of it coming off?"

Anyway Kazari goes straight for the tavern and orders the ale.

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 08:21 PM
as you enter the tavern, there is a large fire going, the inkeeper sees you come in and welcomes you, he could obviously tell that he was going to get some custom with the weather outside.

hello, welcome, its 3p an ale, and a nights stay is 10p in the common room another 5p for dinner and brekfast thrown in. says the inkeeper with a large grin

(i thought you might have "thought" something about it, i understand you didnt want to say anything)

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 08:24 PM
Four ales for me, please, barkeep, and I'm sure me friends'll want a drink too. And I'll stay the night with dinner and breakfast.

Comes to 2s 3p. I think.

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 08:30 PM
after you pay he goes fetches the ales, and moves some chairs closer to the fire ye seem a bit wet, here have a seat by the fire

orchitect
2009-01-15, 08:32 PM
I look around the tavern, place my halberd down for a second and put on my jerkin (glancing at Snorri) before following Kazari's lead. "Same for me," I say to the keep. I dig through my money bag for coinage similar to Kazari's and pay the man.

I sit by the fire in the offered chairs and down the first ale like its water.

(sorry, I'm at work so I might post a little slow.)

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 08:34 PM
"Yes, let us sit by the fire. Kazari plonks himself down and downs one of his four ales right off.
"So, what do you do?"

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 08:36 PM
the barkeep counts out the money handed to him then goes fetches the ales for you "anything else, lass?"

Kaisshau
2009-01-15, 08:38 PM
Snorri
"I'll take eight ales, an' a room. No breakfast fer me, I prefer mine warm." Standing by the door, Snorri shakes the water from his head, much like a dog would.

I mentioned it in my comment to Kazari. My comment about armor.

orchitect
2009-01-15, 08:40 PM
Kazari

I ring a little water out of my braids as I speak. "My tribe and I are mercenary miners, and soldiers when the opportunity arises. We've mined and hollowed out many dwarf halls," I add, hoping to make some kind of connection with the dwarf.

Then it hits me, I don't know his name. "I'm Nurgreta," I say suddenly, "usually I just go by Greta."

keep

"I need dinner for two."

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 08:43 PM
Eight? Four is enough for me, even given how small manling mugs are and how watery manling ale is. I'm Kazari, pleased to meet you both.

So saying, Kazari takes a gulp of ale and looks around for something to do. Preferably some way to vent his inner anger.

Cheesegear
2009-01-15, 08:44 PM
Gregor trudged up the hill. The rain slicking his curled black hair into a knotted, matted mess. Still, he was a watchman, he had his fair share of long nights standing in the rain. Luckily, this time, he was on the move and keeping warm. He'd tried lighting his lantern almost a quarter-mark ago, but thanks to the bloody rain he couldn't get his matches to light.

Still, Verena had blessed him with the ability to see in the dark. Always a useful skill when dealing with criminals and low-lifes. So, he left his lantern dry and unlit and kept walking. Bloody rain.

He still hadn't shaved in days. A week, maybe? Things would've been so much easier if they'd just extended his stipend so he could get a horse. Shallya's Teet, they could've just given him a horse. No doubt they already knew how far away this town was. Maybe he was being punished? What did he do to deserve an assignment to some backwater Hells-forgotten town anyway?

...Bloody rain.

orchitect
2009-01-15, 08:46 PM
Kazari

I down another ale and ask, "You both look like a fighters, what do you do?"

I look around for my dinner. My stomach growls loudly.

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 08:49 PM
Me? Yes, used to be in the army. I was a prize-winning wrestler and the Chief Jailor there. I got kicked out, unfortunately...
Kazari tries to avoid weeping. One tear comes out, which mingles with the one-and-a-half mugs of ale he downs immediately. He looks up, looking a little better. "And I am guessing that this fellow is a Troll Slayer.".

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 08:53 PM
the barkeep fetches the ales,
"ill get the cook to start cooking for you"

(after you have drunk an ale and per every ale i want a consume alcohol test (dont forget dwarfs have a skill that makes it easier by not halfing toughness) its a toughness test roll a d100 and get equal to or lower than your toughness to pass. if you fail you get a -5 to all main stats, if you fail again it adds up, if you fail 4 times... you will see.)

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 08:54 PM
Hang on, don't you get TB drinks before you have to start rolling Consume Alcohol?

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 08:59 PM
(yes ordinarily, but im assumeing that you are hungry and havnt eaten a decent meal for ages, and is effecting you quicker, although i think snorri mentioned he was eating his rations so he will be alright till he has drunk his TB worth... sorry for being cruel :smallamused:)

orchitect
2009-01-15, 09:01 PM
(I've had two ales... and I failed both tests, 74 and 72 respectively. I can't believe it. I have had a few bugs....)

Snorri
"Trollslayer? I don't think I've eaten a troll before." I think out loud. "What else do you slay?" I ask him ethusiastically.

Kazari
My face lights up, "A wrestler! I used to wrestle a little. Most of the bulls wouldn't wrestle with a cow, but I used for fight with the pups a lot. Wanna arm wrestle?" I ask, leaning over the table.

Maybe these dwarfs will be good friends after all I think to myself.

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 09:02 PM
OK then.

Kazari drank four ales and has T 46, so

[roll0] Yay
[roll1] Tipsy
[roll2] Wobbly
[roll3] Yay

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 09:06 PM
LB; Should we resolve armwrestling as an opposed Strength Test?

If so:

[roll0] S 40 +10 Wrestling

Failed by 26. You have to try and either succeed or fail by less... that's if we're using Opposed Strength.

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 09:10 PM
the barkeep comes over with food for everyone here, (and food is ready as soon as gregor arrives, when he does) and hands out the plate with some well cooked assortment of pork, sausages to bacon to even some pork ribs.

orchitect
2009-01-15, 09:11 PM
(Does this board have a roller or should I roll on my own?)

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 09:13 PM
You put in: XdY+Z

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 09:14 PM
the board does have a roller type this but replace ( and ) for [ and ]

(roll)d100(/roll) this will roll a d100 and you can replace the 100 for any number you need like 10 or 6 etc.

orchitect
2009-01-15, 09:16 PM
(I'll figure it out. I rolled a 53, my S is 36-10 (failed alchohol tests) so I failed by 27. I don't have my book on me, what happens next?)

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 09:18 PM
Rolls don't like working in edits or previews, make a new post.

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 09:18 PM
doesnt work in edits to stop cheating :) and it also doesnt work if you try to preview the roll before posting

orchitect
2009-01-15, 09:20 PM
(That makes sense. I just wanted to see if it worked or not. I'm fine with the will of the dice.)

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 09:27 PM
(I'll figure it out. I rolled a 53, my S is 36-10 (failed alchohol tests) so I failed by 27. I don't have my book on me, what happens next?)

for each faliure your main profile (all stats up to attacks) are decreced by 5 and you are slightly more drunk... untill you fail 4 times and have to roll to see what happens.

orchitect
2009-01-15, 09:30 PM
Okay, I hope this works:

[roll0]

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 09:30 PM
Is it all stats? My book says WS BS Ag and Int.

Anyway, she won because I forgot to take the alcohol penalty.

Kazari is impressed by the woman's raw physical prowess. "You are indeed strong of arm. That will be the ogre blood in you."

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 09:31 PM
the minuses lower the target to get below, not the roll... but doesnt matter. moving on,

the sky is even darker now, the sun must have set. and the rain continues, its about 8PM now.

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 09:35 PM
Kazari has a last-minute ale in his personal dwarf-sized tankard, then slips off to bed in the common room.

orchitect
2009-01-15, 09:40 PM
(Wow, can't believe I made that error! Well, then, um, Kazari seems to have ruled on this. I know how the dice rolls work now so this won't happen in the future.)

"Thank you, Kazari. You're pretty strong yourself, but I wonder just how much ale you can hold? By the Maw I should have a strong arm wrestling those ogre pups! I've taken on a few young bulls trying to mate me before too, I managed to beat them too! "

orchitect
2009-01-15, 09:42 PM
(Oops, slow as always, sorry)

I go upstairs as well after downing my last two ales. I take a piece of food off my plate and munch on it as I walk up the stairs. Another piece of food is sticking out of my pack.

(Rolling drunkeness: [roll0])

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 09:43 PM
the arm wrestle went one way then the other, untill finally kazari slowly pushes gretas arm all the way down. both of you gave your all and it was a close run thing.

yeah urm, your pretty drunk, roll a d100 with no + or - please

orchitect
2009-01-15, 09:43 PM
(Darn, roller didn't work that time for some reason)

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 09:44 PM
Well done. The ale is making Kazari sleep anyway. As soon as he finishes his fifth tankard ([roll0] against 36) he begins sobbing, slumps over a table and goes to sleep.

orchitect
2009-01-15, 09:46 PM
I drink this one as I watch Kazari pass out.

[roll0]

(dang, failed my fourth one... okay LB, what happens next?)

Xsesiv
2009-01-15, 09:46 PM
You don't add the number to the roll, you subtract it from your chance. I think you also pass out.

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 09:47 PM
ok roll d100. no + or - though

orchitect
2009-01-15, 09:48 PM
(sorry, don't have the book on me right me now. I figured I would add the number to my roll so I would have a better chance of hitting over my toughness, thus making me pass out.)

orchitect
2009-01-15, 09:49 PM
(Sorry, 60 second limit cancels all rolls. Just now figured that out...)

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 09:50 PM
yeah, fair enough but this one is to see the effect of the drunkeness, i have the book here

orchitect
2009-01-15, 09:51 PM
Okay, here goes nothing:

[roll0]

(Yay, it worked... oh god, what happens next!? :smallfrown:)

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 09:54 PM
"ill take ya all on!..." you lash out violently and randomly either physically or verbally

roleplay that however you feel appropreate

orchitect
2009-01-15, 09:57 PM
(Wow, okay... inspired by Wild Kingdoms, BL's only "ogre" book)

I start yelling in Grumbarth and stuffing my food in my mouth, reliving a food eating contest I had with my tribe in days gone by. I strip off my jerkin and my gut plate (edit) as I eat, to make room for more food and ale.

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 10:07 PM
the inkeeper looks at you and was going to try and stop you before you started a fight, but decided against it as he didnt feel he could forcebly restrain you, as you rip off your jerkin and gut plate, the innkeep gets slightly embarresed, a hard feat when youve been an inkeep for along time, and keeps his eyes adveted but yells over "... are.. you ok?" not realy hoping for an answer, but to make himself feel a little less useless. he leaves you to it... although any dwarfs who are also drunk in the room have to make a willpower test to stop themselves from trying to either dance with you or chat you up... (i use drunk as has failed more than 1ce on their consume alcohol tests)

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 10:11 PM
as they are offline, they have escaped that one, as i will move it on a little more... the inkeep keeps providing you with food averting his eyes as much as possible till you either pass out or give up... he also provides a bucket incase you are sick.

orchitect
2009-01-15, 10:11 PM
(Haha! Sorry, haven't done this in a while, I forgot how much fun it can be. Where's Snorri? He should have to roll for this too.)

(Oh, they did leave, oh well.)

I drunkenly stumble to a bed upstairs and pass out.

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 10:16 PM
his not online is he? i suppose ill roll for him, as im sure he would of drank all 8 by now...

toughness 54. after the first 5 the last three require rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

and he fails all three (sorry)

orchitect
2009-01-15, 10:17 PM
(Haha, this too funny. I guess he wakes up in bed with me, eh?)

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 10:18 PM
willpower 39-15= 24

[roll0]

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 10:21 PM
he fails miserably... (again sorry)

((ooc... how erm, sod it ill just say it... how busty is greta?))

snorri feels the uncontrollable urge to try and get greta into bed...

(i dont know how he would go about doing this, so a willpower roll by you to refuse i would think? maybe with a +20 modifier as you are being distracted by the food at this moment(remember you already have -15 so that works out to +5))

orchitect
2009-01-15, 10:25 PM
(Honestly, I didn't think too hard about that. Given her eating habits and everything it'd be safe to say she is VERY busty. And to be honest, she might just accept Snorri's advances outright; I don't know how else to say it but living with ogres ain't all that satisfying.)

(rolling WP)

[roll0]

(Wow, I passed! Atleast I know what's going on. So what now? Is it my... you know, call on what happens next?)

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 10:28 PM
well its up to you, do you think she would accept it or not, because if she wouldnt she rolled a good enough willpower to refuse... if she wants to:smallwink:

orchitect
2009-01-15, 10:36 PM
(Hmm, this is tough. She's drunk, full (and thus on a kind of high from all of the food), and heck, ogre's aren't known for restraint. I wouldn't do it, personally, but I think she would. Snorri even looks a little ogre-ish. Besides, I also rolled on it, twice, and well....)

I look at Snorri. I'm drunk and full, and my vision is a little blurry. He looks a little ogre-ish, I think to myself. I grab his arm and take him upstairs.

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 10:41 PM
erm im sure i nor anyone else here has to describe the act now happening in the bed.... surfice to say this link will do, doesnt OOTS rule?

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0082.html

orchitect
2009-01-15, 10:45 PM
(Oh god... NSFW? Kind-ah. Haha, still it was funny, and totally obligatory. Wanna debrief in the OOC thread? And not that kind of debrief....)

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 10:51 PM
((hmmm i also see a plot hook in this! how long do dwarf pregnancys last? :smallwink: hahahahaaaa! not nessacerily going to happen though))

you both... finish... and snorri fall straight to sleep, his arm draped over you.

(for the sake of time, cheesegears character would have arrived by now, and has a room :smallwink:)

orchitect
2009-01-15, 10:56 PM
(I'm up for it if you are, seriously. That would certainly add a new level of depth to my character and our situation. I'll see if I can find a precedent for such an event. Its the internet, it has to be there!)

(Well Cheesegears character made the right choice to get out of the main room when he did, I guess. Poor Kazari is still down there, right?)

(There's going to be a lot of explaining tomorrow night, or whenever we get on next. Should we plan a rough time to come here and check to see what going on? I don't have work tomorrow night so I'm up for it then, but Sat. I have work, FYI)

orchitect
2009-01-15, 11:01 PM
(Just so you know, I'm going home right now, I'll check back in about twenty minutes.)

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 11:02 PM
well, i come on most nights (and siriously... to me this is night time...) but i have no definate time of coming on or length of time ill stay on. but i will often give a warning in the OOC to say im about to log if others are still on.

so im normally on about the time i logged on today and it seemed most people came on roughly then anyway...

plus... that pregnancy would be funny, but cause you problems during the later part of it... im guessing fighting while pregnant could get pretty hard... although ive never tried it so i cant realy comment lol

after it was born, you could teach it to be a warrior from a young age, or just leave it in a pub haha! but thats all up to you.

EDIT: also you may have noticed, my spelling leaves a lot to be desired, but im a science and maths man myself... always better at them than english. i can obviously read and speak it fine, just when i come to write it i get some strange mental block... mainly when it comes to spelling and grammer. so i appologise for it now :smallredface:

littlebottom
2009-01-15, 11:22 PM
*AHEM*

back on track now...

you awake the next morning with the smell of food cooking wafting up to you... (or across to you if you passed out downstairs) and brekfast is served to you as you come down. there are a few people here with a general buzz of noise going on.

(use this time to interact between characters till i post again tomorrow... also a messenger arrives in town :smallwink:)

edcalaban
2009-01-15, 11:54 PM
Konrad

With his destination in sight at last, Konrad slows his horse to a walk. Another town in the middle of nowhere important, he thinks to himself, but at least it's been an easy ride, other than the rain. He whistles softly through the gap left by a missing tooth as he tries to brush off whatever mud got through the holes in his cloak.

By the time he's riding into town, Konrad has managed to clean up somewhat, and is now recognizable as a blond and unusually tall human. He looks around for a minute, then heads straight for the inn. First, a good meal. Then maybe the innkeeper will know where I can find the man I'm supposed to leave these letters with.

Kaisshau
2009-01-16, 12:30 AM
Snorri
Waking up with the world still spinning, Snorri rolls around before gaining his bearings. Looking over at Greta, a confused look crosses his face, then he remembers vaguely the night before. Grinning, he crawls out of bed, and stumbles downstairs.

"Barkeep! An ale and a rat please, an' if ye haven't tha', then jus' an ale!"

Xsesiv
2009-01-16, 02:10 PM
Kazari jerks awake, hand still clamped on a bucket-sized tankard. At least he went to sleep before drinking enough to get a serious hangover. He goes over for some bacon and egg.

orchitect
2009-01-16, 06:35 PM
My stomach hurts, but not as much as my head. I roll over and struggle to sit up; my whole body aches. Fighting the urge to vomit as the room swims in my vision I try to take in my surroundings. My memory surges and I see glimpses of an inn and a tavern with a great fire. I see Kazari passed out on a table and Snorri drinking like there’s no tomorrow. There was an arm wrestle, food, and then Snorri, asleep beside me. “Oh.”

I look around the room for my jerkin and gut plate, neither of which are present. I know enough tot present a little modesty around humans so I grab a bedsheet to cover my chest and head down stairs, hoping my trappings are still there.

I enter the tavern hall from the stair well and see that there was a fight or something last night. Snorri and Kazari are eating, well, Kazari is eating, it seems Snorri is drinking again. Seeing him makes my mind race with questions, but first and foremost: did we mate?

I must ask him, but first, my clothes and food had to be aquired. I walk up to the bar and the barkeep and ask, “Do you have my clothing? Oh, and I need breakfast, for two.”

littlebottom
2009-01-16, 07:42 PM
" ah yes, your clothes are over there where you left, them... almost they were all over the place so i put them togeather where you were sitting. ill just go fetch the food" the barkeep fetches some food and puts it on the table, then holds the bedsheet up so that you can get your jerkin on behind it without the rest seeing

orchitect
2009-01-16, 07:56 PM
I strap on my gut plate and slip into my jerkin. "Um, thanks." I say a little awkwardly. I'm not usually so polite or used to such treatment. "How much?" I ask him, taking out my money bag and sitting down to devour my breakfast.

littlebottom
2009-01-16, 08:02 PM
no problem, miss, im glad to help. and oh, the brekfast? tis included with your stay, you payed for it last night.

littlebottom
2009-01-16, 08:29 PM
the buzz begins to grow louder as some people enter the tavern, you catch parts of the conversations now

gone, just gone!
it must of been them goblins!
i heard theres a tunnel in their basement!

and other general murmerings of people some people disapearing last night.

orchitect
2009-01-16, 08:34 PM
I look puzzled trying to recall paying for a room last night, but I soon give up and start pilling in the food infront of me. I cast a few glances at Snorri and Kazari, but don't say anything just yet.

I wonder if dwarf pregnancy is worse than ogre pregnancy? It can't be, dwarf children aren't even half as big as ogre pups! Still, such questions begin to bug me.

The word "goblins" catches my ear. Its been a while since I've eaten a goblin, I think to myself, and keep eating, imagining whatever's on my plate is rare greenskin.

littlebottom
2009-01-16, 08:40 PM
(you paid when kazari paid, and ordered the same as him, he paid for the 4 ales and a nights stay with dinner and brekfast)

one of the humans who was talking in a far corner, wanders over, directly yo snorri, but addressing all three dwarfs. "erm, sorry to be so rude, but you guys... and girl, look like the type who can handle themselves in a fight... could you do me, no the whole town, a favour, and go check out the house where the johnson familly disapeared? we fear... that evil forces have taken them... for sigmar only knows what... please, we beg of you, if you do, and stop any of these evil things lurking about, the whole town will pitch in to pay you!

orchitect
2009-01-16, 08:57 PM
(Greta would accept, as long as she gets to eat the goblins AND gets paid; ogres love jobs where they get paid to eat! I'll ask a few questions so my comrades will be caught up should they log on later.)

"Evil?" I'm vaguely aware of the human meaning of evil, to ogres things are really just lumped into threats, food groups, and things to mate with, but I ask questions to see if this evil is a threat... and if it could be eaten.

"What are these evil forces?"

littlebottom
2009-01-16, 09:00 PM
erm.... ah... well we dont realy know. some people say they seen some goblins, some say even orcs. others say they saw a troll, i dont know how much is true and how much is rumour anymore...

orchitect
2009-01-16, 09:14 PM
"Orcs and goblins, that's good eatin'! Never had a troll before. Count me in!" I say without much hesitation, and knock back the ale I was having with my breakfast. I look at the others as I slam my tankard on the table. Dwarf pups were the last thing on my mind now.

"Any say on how big this troll is?" I ask. "How many families has it eaten? ten, or more than ten"? I ask with a grin.

littlebottom
2009-01-16, 09:18 PM
e..e...eatin'?? your gonna eat them? the troll must have been 8 foot tall! no 9! wait make that 12! he cllearly doesnt know but has an over active imagination.

orchitect
2009-01-16, 09:22 PM
"Of course I'm going to eat it!" I rip off a chunk of my meal for effect and swallow it whole. "The Maw demands I eat it and so does my honour! Besides, what better way to celebrate the slaying of a beast than eating it with friends?" I grin at the boys across the table.

littlebottom
2009-01-16, 09:25 PM
erm, if you have any one else help they will get a cut of the money too... he then backs away slowly

orchitect
2009-01-16, 09:32 PM
(I think I can speak for the whole group when I say:)

"We accept!" I shout, chuckling to myself, thinking about the things I'm going to get to eat and test my strength against. "We're just gonna finish our meals and ales first."

"Oh," I say between mouthfulls of food, "What about a victory feast should we survive?"

littlebottom
2009-01-16, 09:35 PM
.... could be arranged, no goblins or the like though

orchitect
2009-01-16, 09:48 PM
"That's fine, should be plenty of them in that house!"

Thinking of this adventure reminds me of the travels I had with my tribe and suddenly I remember why I even came to this village. "You seen a tribe of ogres around here lately?" I ask the man as I gnaw on the last bone on my plate.

littlebottom
2009-01-16, 09:59 PM
ogres?! but wouldnt they have just slaughtered us all? this is a no, also a few people back away when you mention ogres some even think that you and snorri might be a husband - wife slayer team or something

orchitect
2009-01-16, 11:22 PM
"Not if they'd just eaten," I say, half jokingly. I let out a good hearty laugh and stand up to adjust my gut plate. I notice a few of the men staring at me, like Snorri did the other night, as I adjust my jerkin.

"You think them two stunties is man and wife?" I here someone whisper in the crowd.

"You," I shout, "Say that again and I'll throw you in the Maw myself!"

Trying not to look at Snorri I grab my halberd and walk out of the tavern. I figure the town won't pay me, or throw me a feast, for eating one of their own. Then again maybe they wouldn't miss the grot.

I throw open the door, but I'm about to turn around and go show that scat the inside of my stomach when I stumble into a a certain messenger...

Kaisshau
2009-01-16, 11:34 PM
Looking at Kazari and ignoring the scene between Greta and the man, Snorri says he's going to go find a fresher breakfast, then attempts to follow Greta out the door. Finding it blocked, he grumbles at Greta's back, then looks at who's blocked the door.

Looking up at Konrad, Snorri looks shocked for a second. "By Grimnir's beard! Yer a tall one, ain't ya? What're ya, half-giant 'er somethin'?

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 06:13 AM
Kazari clears his head enough to accept, before eating his breakfast and staggering to his feet. There is a terrible ache in his right arm and he wonders whether he could redeem himself by Slaying this Troll...of course, he's not a Slayer, but their principles never hurt. He walks directly into the extremely solid back of the Trollslayer. "What in the name of Grungni...Step aside, manling. We have a job to do."

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 07:59 PM
you are led to the house from which the family has disapeared, you gather a small crowd, who disperce quickly as you go near the door.

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 08:00 PM
Is it in there?

orchitect
2009-01-17, 08:03 PM
"Not for long," I say grinning, "its gonna be in here." I pat my gut plate with my open hand. In my other hand is my halberd, ready and waiting to spill some troll guts.

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 08:04 PM
Kazari gulps and takes out his bola in one meaty fist and his billyclub in the other. "I think we should each take a door or window and surround the bugger."

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 08:09 PM
i think you should just break in... i dont think anyone will mind.

but this is the uneducated guess of a peasent...

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 08:10 PM
Regardless of this, Kazari goes to a window to look in (and dive in when he's ready).

orchitect
2009-01-17, 08:11 PM
"By surrounding it we have a better chance of surprising it and overwhelming it with numbers, but there could be more than one of them. Someone mentioned goblins and orcs too, remember? I say we just charge in and take the thing by sheer force and protect each other's flanks. I could lead."

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 08:15 PM
Come on then! In the door! Go, go!

So saying, Kazari climbs into the window and hurls the bola at the first enemy he sees.

BS 27[roll0]

and if hit

[roll1]

He then flips the billyclub to his good hand.

orchitect
2009-01-17, 08:19 PM
I do likewise, charging through the door bellowing in Grumbarth, using my halberd as a spear.

WS 42[roll0]

If hit damage is my SB, 3. Because it has fast enemies are at -10% to parry.

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 08:19 PM
it flies wildly into a wall... there is no enemys there to thow at. although there are clear signs of a struggle.

roll a listen (perception) test

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 08:23 PM
again.... "roll a perception test" *rolls eyes*

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 08:23 PM
Int 26 [roll0]

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 08:25 PM
and what the hell is a "d00" ?

orchitect
2009-01-17, 08:25 PM
Rolling perception:

Int 32 [roll0]

Darn.

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 08:26 PM
Sorry :smallredface:. (tired)

[roll0]

Ah damn.

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 08:27 PM
snorri int 31 [roll0]

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 08:28 PM
Are the manlings with us?

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 08:28 PM
Xsesiv, you think you hear "something" but not sure what or where, but definately not you or greta or snorri

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 08:29 PM
Are the manlings with us?

good point.

int 31 [roll0]
int 29 [roll1]

one of the manlings hears hurried footsteps under the floor, possibly the basement.

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 08:30 PM
As it is Kazari runs for the nearest door then swings with his foot to break it and toss his bola at anyone inside.

[roll0] S 40
[roll1] BS 27
[roll2] Damage

orchitect
2009-01-17, 08:33 PM
I move in close behind Kazari, getting ready to back him up if he meets something dangerous.

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 08:34 PM
Kazari then finds something like a trapdoor if nobody is in the other room.

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 08:34 PM
ok finally,

after some searching you find a trap door but bolted from the inside, you can try and break it open if you like somehow

orchitect
2009-01-17, 08:35 PM
And if there's not a trapdoor I ask enthusiastically, "Want me to rip a hole in the floor?"

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 08:37 PM
I read it, just RP'ing. Kazari's not a Slayer, he doesn't charge head-on into combat after the adrenalin rush subsides. If he can pretend to be helping by checking the rest of the house, rest assured, he will.

KAzari takes up his billyclub and begins to lay about the trapdoor as hard as he can.

orchitect
2009-01-17, 08:38 PM
(I'll try to break open the trapdoor. So what, a strength test?)

I grab the edges of the trapdoor and heave will all my might.

S 36 [roll0]

Darn. I guess I could cleave it with my halberd.

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 08:39 PM
S test 40[roll0]

Kazari continues to bash at the trapdoor.

orchitect
2009-01-17, 08:42 PM
I grab my halberd like I would and axe and hack at the trapdoor.

WS 42 [roll0]

If hit [roll1] or [roll2] (highest counts) and add 3.

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 08:42 PM
the wood spliters and it looks like youve smashed the hinges enough to rip up

strength test

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 08:43 PM
S 40 [roll0]

If this doesn't work Kazari will look for something heavy to smash the wood with.

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 08:45 PM
it flings open any way (check ooc lol)

orchitect
2009-01-17, 08:45 PM
(Okay, strength test)

S 36 [roll0]

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 08:46 PM
Kazari goes down and checks around. the first person he sees will get a bola flung at them.

And again...[roll0] BS 27

Damage if hit [roll1]

Haha, 100 prying up the trapdoor...do you fall over backwards and smack your head on the floor?

orchitect
2009-01-17, 08:48 PM
I move down behind Kazari ready to stab anything that comes before us. I'm holding the halberd so that I can poke around Kazari (like a second rank of spearmen in WHFB).

(If there's anything WS 42 [roll0]

If hit [roll1]

Haha, that would only make me angry, and goblins won't like me when I'm angry! :smallfurious:)

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 08:52 PM
as you go down the stairs you see 3 goblins hiding in the dark, as you come down they spot you, and advance at you, although the bola hits one and makes him stumble behind the others. (this combat shouldnt be long. about 3 or 4 rounds so ill allow someone to use snorri for this combat, but afterwards we are doing it fairer for the next combat, i dont want him to miss everything all the time.)

roll initiative. please i will roll 1 initiative and make all 3 goblins act at once to save confusion

[roll0]

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 08:55 PM
[/roll]d10+25[/roll]

Kazari charges at the goblins, billyclub raised. He crashes it onto the first one's head.

WS 44+10 charge attack
[roll0]
And if hit
[roll1]

orchitect
2009-01-17, 08:58 PM
(Sorry I'm late, I was taking a game over the phone)

[roll0]

I use my halberd as a spear and the goblins get -10% to parry and dodge.

ws 42 [roll1]
if hit [roll2]

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 08:58 PM
Initiative roll screwed up by me. Ag 25[roll0]

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 08:59 PM
Xsesiv, you may roll snorris initiative too, and use him for this combat, as you understand the system well enough to keep it flowing.

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 09:01 PM
Right. Snorri's Ag=27 [roll0]

Snorri charges with his huge axe. WS 49+10 charge [roll1]

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 09:02 PM
Damage if hit= [roll0] I think.

Oh no, only 11. Gave him SB 4 when it should have been 3

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 09:06 PM
snorri cleaves a goblin in half.

(round order;
snorri,
kazari,
goblins,
greta)

i will take goblins turn now as greta has attacked, then it will be that order.

first goblin is on snorri, second on kaz
WS 25
[roll0]
[roll1]

damage respectively
[roll2]
[roll3]

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 09:10 PM
Snorri makes to dodge, but the goblin misses and he doesn't need to. Throwing caution to the winds, he fights like a dervish. WS 49 +20 All Out Attack [roll0] =69
Damage if hit [roll1]

Kazari takes the hit and yells in pain. He drops the billyclub, lines up, and grabs the goblin by the throat. WS 44 +10 Wrestling +10 Aim = 64
[roll2]

Rolls for suffocation?

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 09:16 PM
(ive never rolled for suffocation before.... dont know how to...)

the first goblin who was attacked by snorri, is clearly at deaths door, but still fighting hard and attacks snorri

[roll0] WS 25
[roll1]

the other goblin tries to stab you in the arm while being suffocated.

[roll2] ws 25
[roll3]

(ill call you kill him your next turn if he misses his wounded from the bola before anyway, if he hits, you drop him, sound fair?)

orchitect
2009-01-17, 09:19 PM
(Just wondering, what's going to happen to that attack I rolled when we first met the goblins?)

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 09:21 PM
You took it on the surprise round.

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 09:23 PM
i put it in intiative order, you chopped the goblin down to 1 wound after they both attacked snorri and kazari, and its the one in kazaris hand at this moment, hence i allowed the easy death on him, but its your turn now and snorri has one still fighting him

orchitect
2009-01-17, 09:23 PM
"To the Maw with you," I yell and stab at the Goblin attacking Snorri.

WS 42+20 AOA = 62 [roll0]
If hit [roll1]

(Darn)

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 09:26 PM
Snorri lines up a particularly deadly blow against the goblin he is fighting. WS 49+10 aim [roll0]

Kazari snarls and growls at the goblin he is fighting, before wildly head-butting him on the nose. [roll1] WS 44 +20 AOA +20 trapped in grapple.
Damage [roll2]

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 09:29 PM
the goblin in kazaris hands slowly chokes to death, not helped by the smash in the face...

the goblin facing snorri sees this and turns to run (on his 1 wound) and begins prizing up a loose stone in the floor in the far corner (have your action greta, his out of attack range but easily in charge)

orchitect
2009-01-17, 09:35 PM
(sorry, phone call)

I charge the goblin with the end of my halberd:

ws 42+10 charge = 52 [roll0]
if hit
[roll1]

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 09:39 PM
Snorri and Kazari catch glances and charge up to the final goblin. Snorri swings for him WS 49 +10 charge +20 3-1 =79 [roll0]

[roll1]

while Kazari attempts to grab him and hold him steady to ease the process. WS 44 +10 charge +20 3-1 =74 [roll2]

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 09:42 PM
snorri slashes at the goblin with his axe, decapitating him cleanly.

there is nothing else in the basement appart from the suspicious slab the goblin tried to lift...

orchitect
2009-01-17, 09:43 PM
"Well, should I try to lift this slab?"

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 09:45 PM
Retrieving his weapons, Kazari nods.

orchitect
2009-01-17, 09:45 PM
Greta puts her halberd down and grips the slab to lift it:

S 36 [roll0]

(If I can't lift the damn thing how could a goblin? :smallannoyed:)

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 09:48 PM
it is a very easy test. (+30) you only failed by 2, but the goblin is small and thus weaker and wouldnt have had the +30, but still a chance to open it. (why do you think all three were over there? they were trying togeather... maybe it wasnt designed with goblins in mind... dun duun DUUUUUN!!!)

orchitect
2009-01-17, 09:50 PM
(That's still two points over. I would have S 66 and I rolled a 68.)

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 09:51 PM
Give me that! Kazari snatches up the halberd and jumps up into the air bashing the handle onto the middle of the slab. [roll0] S40

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 09:52 PM
ill be kind... you prize it open slowly... and dramaticly! (sorry i was typing when you posted Xsesiv)

below is a tunnel, with stairs cut out of the earth underneath, proberbly not too sturdy, but im sure dwarfs are used to it. also there is no light down their (lucky dwarf night vision eh?)

orchitect
2009-01-17, 09:55 PM
(yeah, thank god we eat our carrots!)

I take my halberd back from Kaz and prepare to descend. Before I do I bite a chunk out of a goblin's ear, its tradition.

I descend into the darkness with my halberd at the ready.

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 09:57 PM
in front of you, there is a corridor, proberbly wide enough for two humans but not quite two dwarfs (choose order you are going in) the corner turns off to the right after about 20 or so foot.

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 09:58 PM
No biting for me, Kazari smashes the goblin's skulls with a billyclub and stamps on their brains then follows her down.

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 10:00 PM
I'll go behind so I can at least throw the bola, and the Trollslayer can go in front. We're not too concerned about the manlings, let them sort things ut themselves I say.

orchitect
2009-01-17, 10:00 PM
(Oh, Snorri's in the lead, sorry)

Greta moves ahead, halberd at the ready.

(Can I sniff for goblins)
If so
Int 32 [roll0]

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 10:05 PM
you "sniff" for goblins and are answered with a smell extreamly vile, one that says "look at me, im dirty! possibly a rotting body! possibly just unwashed bunch of goblins! maybe the goblins toilet!" so you get no clear answer other than something and more likely somethingS are down here and have been for a while.

orchitect
2009-01-17, 10:09 PM
Greta smells something rotten, but its not as bad as the scat pits back home. Her nose doesn't tell her anything about what might be up ahead so she listens closely as she walks determinedly onward.

listening
int 32 [roll0]

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 10:14 PM
as you reach the end of the corridor and turn right, there is a small corridor, then a crude door on the end, and you hear shufflings, and general bumps and bangs, but suddenly you hear something speak... definately speach, although not understandable to you. you get the feeling its bigger than a goblin though.

orchitect
2009-01-17, 10:18 PM
Greta can't comprehend the speaking, but she's eager to know what's on the other side of the door, and if it can be eaten! And if its the troll, Maw help it.

S 36 [roll0] - break down door

Bellowing in Grumbarth Greta charges in, halberd in hand ready to gut something:

ws 42 +10 charge [roll1]
if hit
[roll2]

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 10:24 PM
you burst in, as you do so, you cleave 2 goblins by the other side of the door (it was going to be one, but you one shotted it, and 2 has more style :smallwink:) you also see another goblin stood by 3 orcs, one obviously with mild inteligence as he speaks crude broken reikspiel to you

you no get to master! you weaklings!

(please roll initiative, and Xsesiv do snorris supprise round)

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 10:27 PM
AG [roll0] (Kaz) and [roll1] (Sno)

orchitect
2009-01-17, 10:27 PM
Greta laughs as she skewers two goblins on the other side of the door. She spies the orc and here's its threat.

"Your new master is the Maw, and I'll introduce you two personally!" she shouts, brandishing her halberd.

[roll0]

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 10:29 PM
Snorri charges in at the bigest-looking one. Charge attack at target number 59 [roll0]

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 10:31 PM
(im giving you a supprise round, as you "burst in" they were completely unaware, do your and snorris action. after their action, initiative comes into effect)

goblin [roll0]
orcs [roll1]

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 10:32 PM
Snorri attack roll earlier; damage[roll0]

Kazari throws bolas [roll1] vs BS 27
[roll]1d10+1/roll]

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 10:39 PM
the one goblin sees the others cut down, and doesnt fancy its chances much, and runs about like a headless chicken before running away and leaveing you with the 3 orcs (so that you can figure out damage for yourselves they have a TB of 4)

initiative is;
orcs
snorri
kaz
greta.

ill post orcs in a second, and you wont like the pain :smallamused:

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 10:43 PM
WS 35
one on each at the moment first snorri, second greta third kaz
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

damage (Sorry)
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

(it will be d10+4 next round but their choppas have a special rule where they do 1 extra damage on first attack of combat)

greta is hit for 7 damage (dont forget your TB and armour... i cant find the table that says what hits where, can you remember it Xsesiv?)

orchitect
2009-01-17, 10:46 PM
(I have a TB of 4 and my gut plate and jerkin combined give me AP: 2 so I only take 1 damage, right?)

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 10:49 PM
(yes if it hits you on the body, this hasnt been a real problem so far, as goblins dont have armour, but... when you roll to hit, if its 46 take it and reverse it, to 64, same with what ever roll, 23 becomes 32, 03 becomes 30 and there is a little table somewhere in the book that says 1to 20 (or something like it) hits body 20 to 25 hits head . etc. and i cant find it at the moment :smallfurious:)

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 10:52 PM
22, is right arm i think.

orchitect
2009-01-17, 10:52 PM
(I found a fan made table that calculates by height of the attack. Figuring the orcs were making normal attacks mine hit my body.)

(Oh, great, I don't have any arm armour.)

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 10:54 PM
thanks for the save there Xsesiv! ok, so you deduct the amount of AP you have on your right arm from the damage! i beleive with a leather jerkin on (or is it leather jack? one covers only body, the other covers body and arms), this will be 1, (gut plate would be body) so minus 1 damage leaves you with 2 damage that you take.

orchitect
2009-01-17, 10:57 PM
(I checked my character sheet; jerkin only covers the body. I take 3 damage after all.)

Greta grimaces as a nasty gash opens upon her right arm. Blood flows and drips onto the ground.

"To the Maw with you, scathead!" she yells.

(unless of course I loose the arm.)

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 10:59 PM
Snorri and Kaz proceed to pummel and flank the nearest Orc.
All Out Attacks 44 and 49 +20 AOA +10 2-1 = target 74 and 79.
[roll0] Snorri, 79
[roll1] Kaz, 74

Dmage
[roll2]
[roll3]

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 11:06 PM
the orc snorri slashed is hurt badly, but still fighting, and kaz got a hard smack on the head with his billy club, the orc drops to the floor, twitching, but dead.

(your turn greta, also no you dont loose the arm, that sort of thing happens when the attack takes you to below 0 wounds (you dont always die at 0 wounds but can loose arms and the like)

orchitect
2009-01-17, 11:14 PM
(I have to go right now. I'll be back in about half an hour.)

Greta shouts in Grumbarth and wings her halberd axe-style in an all out attack!

ws 42 +20 AOA +5 GBF = 67 [roll0]
if hit
[roll1] (its 4 for the halberd and for Strike mighty blow)

(BRB :smallbiggrin:)

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 11:15 PM
WTH is GBF?

Anyway, margin of failure is pretty drastic. Any rulings on that?

littlebottom
2009-01-17, 11:19 PM
greta waves her halbard at an orc, but then as shes about to thrust with it she stubs her toe, and drops the halbard (half action to pick back up next turn)

the orcs attack the two they see as the most threat at the moment, snorri and kaz
WS 35
[roll0]
[roll1]

damage
[roll2]
[roll3]

the attack hits snorri, but he practiaclly ignores it (it deals no damage)

Xsesiv
2009-01-17, 11:24 PM
Snorri goes for another AOA chance to hit 69 [roll0]

[roll1]

Tiring of this, Kaz tries to shove the Orc over backwards, then hit him. S 40 +10% Wrestling[roll2]

After that

S 44 +10 if knocked down [roll3]
[roll4]

orchitect
2009-01-17, 11:52 PM
Greta, cursing in Grumbarth, picks up her halberd and stabs at the orc that she missed, using the halberd as a spear.

ws 42+5 GBF = 47
[roll0]
if hit
[roll1]

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 07:50 PM
(ok, intresting, i think getting a 1 counts as a critical success to me no matter what realy but 2 of them haha! here comes a sweet cinimatic, i have taken some libertys (you were using a dagger for style, which you do have as every one does), although your attack wouldnt normally kill him, im saying that because he was on the floor and your 2 1s you kill him)

kaz steps forward with precision and speed, grabbing the orc by its right sholder with kaz's left hand, hooking his right leg around the back of the orcs leg and brings the orc down with force, as he does so, a dagger apears in his right hand and slashes clean across the orcs throat with an arcing slice with dagger pointed downwards. kaz, now on one knee holds still for a moment as the orc clutches at its throat momentairily before dieing in a sea of blood. with style kaz stands up sheathing the dagger and turns to the last orc, who almost soils himself with fear...

greta lunges at the last orc (who is uninjured so far) managing to find a gap in his armour, and blood pours from the open wound as the orc houls with pain, but then turns to look at you with anger.

at greta WS 35
[roll0]
[roll1]

(erm yeah thats atleast 9 damage, minus armour on body, which i think is 2, so 7 damage, you already took 3 i think?)

Xsesiv
2009-01-18, 07:57 PM
Snorri insanely attacks WS 49 +20 +5 GBF AOA =74
[roll0]
If hit
[roll1]

Kazari swings his billyclub coolly by its leathern thong
(Intimidate [roll2]vs S 40 (+ bonus for amazing attack?))
before bludgeoning the orc about the head.
[roll3] target number 70
If hit
[roll4]

orchitect
2009-01-18, 08:05 PM
(yeah LB, I took three last time. That puts me at 10, and I have 11 wounds so I got 1 left. scat!)

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 08:07 PM
gretas turn now, take your action.

orchitect
2009-01-18, 08:13 PM
(I'm torn between a last stand or running.)

Greta, trying not to slip in her own blood switches her grip on her haldberd and swings with all the hunger and hatred the maw pours into her slowing heart. "To the Maw with you!"

ws 42+20 AOA +5 GBF
[roll0]
if hit
[roll1]

orchitect
2009-01-18, 08:15 PM
wait, that actually had impact damage so:

[roll0]
[roll1]

add 4 to the highest

so I rolled 12 damage before AP and TB subtractions. Orcs have a TB of 4 so that's still only 8 damage before AP.

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 08:16 PM
greta successfully skewers the last orc, and as he swings at you while dieing he walks towards you, skewering himself more before sliding down the pole towards you, before dying with his choppa held high.

(i advise some one tries to use the "heal" skill if they can)

Xsesiv
2009-01-18, 08:18 PM
By Valaya's mercy! Kazari looks at the carnage before giving a go at trying to patch people up.

Self: [roll0] Int 26
If successful, [roll1] Wounds restored
Greta: [roll2] Int 26
If successful, 1 Wound restored(heavily injured)

orchitect
2009-01-18, 08:19 PM
Greta pulls her halberd out of the orcs gut and kicks it as it slumps to the floor. As she kneels down to rip a chunk out of it with her teeth she falls over, holding a gushing wound (somewhere on her body).

"The Maw, it calls... help me, I'm not ready."

Kazari patches me up, but I know I still have a long way to go. Greta eyes the orcs armour and wonders if some of it can fit her.

Xsesiv
2009-01-18, 08:21 PM
Kazari has the same idea, and loots anything of any value from the corpses.

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 08:23 PM
the bleeding stops. which is a good sign... greta will pull through the injury, but she must if possible try to avoid being hurt again (obviously)

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 08:27 PM
the room has crude beds around it, some look unused and clean. there is another much larger door at the far end of this room.

orchitect
2009-01-18, 08:27 PM
the bleeding stops. which is a good sign... greta will pull through the injury, but she must if possible try to avoid being hurt again (obviously)

(that's why greta was looking at the orcs' armour. what can she take?)

Xsesiv
2009-01-18, 08:29 PM
If the door's bigger, it stands to reason something bigger's using it.
Kazari knocks on the door, hides behind it and raises his billyclub.

orchitect
2009-01-18, 08:31 PM
Greta stands behind and close to Snorri, holding herself up with her halberd.

It better be, all this fighting and almost dieing is making me hungry, I growl, my mouth full of orc flesh.

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 08:31 PM
at first their is no answer or sound. but shortly after, you hear a goblin gurgle like its being choked and a loud roaring sound... somethings big, and somethings angry

Xsesiv
2009-01-18, 08:33 PM
"Get back, woman! You will be killed! do you not hear that?"

Kazari bangs on the door with his club.

orchitect
2009-01-18, 08:35 PM
Greta doesn't like being ordered around but she knows Kazari is right. She backs off a little, standing behind Snorri, but adrenaline is coursing through her veins and she holds her haldberd ready.

On instinct she takes an orc helmet and puts it on.

(there's not other armour she can strap on quickly?)

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 08:39 PM
another roar errupts, as a troll bardges straight through the door, smashing it to pieces. but you are luckily behind it now. (roll initiative and have 1 free action)

initiative for troll [roll0]

Xsesiv
2009-01-18, 08:42 PM
Kazari[roll0]

Snorri[roll1]

(Shall we let the other guys catch up yet?)

Kazari growls as he leaps up and bashes the troll in its sensitive knecap throwing caution to the wind.

44+20 AOA [roll2]

[roll3]

Snorri also wildly thwacks at the Troll.

49+20 AOA [roll4]

[roll5]

orchitect
2009-01-18, 08:44 PM
[roll0]

Greta will assume a defensive stance (half action) and using the reach of the halberd swing at the troll (half action)

ws 42 [roll1]
if hit
[roll2]
[roll3]
add 4 to highest

8 damage before AP and TB.

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 08:53 PM
his TB is 4 and has no armour so you do 4 damage... and i think a troll is a little too hard...

3 attacks a turn WS 37... SB 5 and heals 1d10 damage a turn, a possible enemy for 5 but maybe not 2 and 1 mortally wounded...

snorri is a troll slayer and tells you this "they has a foul healin ability, but it dont work with fire!" as he would know. im not gonna go easy though, but ill allow all characters to be used (the 2 humans also) hopefully, should even things

orchitect
2009-01-18, 08:56 PM
Fire.

Greta grabs her torch from her pack and looks for something to light it with. (is there anything to light it with or should I use a flint?)

Xsesiv
2009-01-18, 08:58 PM
As we're underground, I expect there'll be a light source, like torches on the wall?

Kazari grabs torches and hands them out. Surround it! Keep it in!

Next turn; he then goes to the crude beds and throws their blankets over the troll. They can then light them. LB's judgement, would this work, for how long ould a troll fear fire, how long would it take?

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 08:58 PM
use a flint.

their is the odd toarch, but the troll would ignore the fire as his stupid, and get on with the fight, although it hurts him, he is also easily distracted (it says in the discription that sometimes if there is a freash corpse to eat, he has to pass an int test not to get distracted, other things may distract him too but thats your most viable option)

orchitect
2009-01-18, 09:02 PM
greta uses her flint to light her torch.

(5-% chance of it lighting, here goes [roll0]).

Good idea Kazari!

Scat!

Xsesiv
2009-01-18, 09:03 PM
Scrach that.

Kazari will, as soon as humanly or dwarvenl possible, draw the troll's gaze onto the goblin corpses. loging now.

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 09:03 PM
lighting a torch ill allow as automatic, for the sake of your own life lol

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 09:05 PM
the troll follows you to the orc corpses, and stops, and looks at them...

int 18
[roll0]

he begins munching on the corpses, 1 round per corpse (3)

orchitect
2009-01-18, 09:05 PM
I look over at the dead orc. Oh what a waste of good food! Greta shoves the orc in the direction of the troll. Kazari, you get the blankets!

s 31 [roll0]

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 09:06 PM
start burning the bugger.

orchitect
2009-01-18, 09:09 PM
(I take it Kazari managed to throw the blankets on it? Do I have to roll BS? If so: bs 33 [roll0])

I toss my torch onto the troll as it thrashes around in the blankets. "Burn, so I an eat you well done!"

(Damn, by 1 point! :smallfurious:)

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 09:13 PM
its a routine test :smallwink: you pass by 9

the blankets light, doing 1D10 damage a round. (i dont care if this is actually the damage fire does or not, also start hitting it)

[roll0]

half dead already, 2 rounds left.

orchitect
2009-01-18, 09:15 PM
We all go all out on flaming troll!

snorri ws49+20 aoa [roll0]
kazari ws44+20 aoa [roll1]
greta ws 42+20 aoa [roll2]

damage rolls coming up!

orchitect
2009-01-18, 09:17 PM
damage for kazari and greta:

Greta
[roll0]
[roll1] add 4 to highest

Kazari
[roll2]

We both inflict 14 damage after TB subtractions.

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 09:18 PM
troll heals [roll0] (non fire)

[roll1] fire damage.

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 09:19 PM
with the last flickering of flames the troll falls dead to the floor rapidly burning. he has nothing of value on him. but the other room hasnt been checked yet

orchitect
2009-01-18, 09:21 PM
(I'm assuming that last 10 kills it.)

Greta grins at her party's handiwork as the troll shudders and finally dies. I wonder what troll tastes like. She doesn't realize she just said that out loud. Using her halberd as a crutch she walks up to inspect the kill...

Does it look like it would cause her bodily harm to eat it? She really wants to right now. She really really wants to.

(basically, what does it look like. she has learned not to eat things that look a certain way... too many tentacles, eyes, mouths, arms, ect.)

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 09:26 PM
it shouldnt cause harm, and i doubt its been undercooked...

orchitect
2009-01-18, 09:27 PM
Greta uses her halberd to cut off one of its arms and starts devouring it as she and the party move to check the othe room.

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 09:31 PM
in the other room, is a dead end.

other than the dead people chained to the wall, its empt.... DEAD BODYS CHAINED TO THE WALL? the humans feel particularily ill,please roll a willpower test... they wernt killed in very nice ways, a couple seem to have been raped by the troll... others heads caved in by blows to the head from the trolls massive club... this is not a nice scene by anyones standards, imagine having been one of those helpless people having to go through that... having to watch the others go through worse!

atleast you now know there is no threat left and that the villagers can give the bodys a propper burial

orchitect
2009-01-18, 09:36 PM
Greta wp 37 [roll0]
snorri wp 39 [roll1]
kazari wp37 [roll2]

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 09:38 PM
kaz throws up, (gaining one insanity point, sorry)

maybe its time to go get out of here and seek medical help

orchitect
2009-01-18, 09:39 PM
Yup. On the way out I grab another troll arm for the road, and grab one of the orc's mail shirts; maybe I can pawn it or get it modified for me.

littlebottom
2009-01-18, 09:42 PM
as you exit the house, most people are going about their daily bussiness, but one kid sees you and shouts THERE BACK!

a crowd quickly appears, and you get asked what happened down their, they see your injured, but can also see there are no villagers rescued and fear the worst.

orchitect
2009-01-18, 09:46 PM
Um, Greta starts, we killed some goblins, some orcs, and then we killed this troll! Greta raises the two arms in the air enthusiastically. She laughs, troll juice drips down her chin and onto her bosom.

She sees the imploring eyes of the crowd. Her instinct tells her they are worried for the villagers inside. She tries to be polite but its not easy, The family is dead. The troll... its for the best. They are one with the Maw now, their suffering is over.

(had to add the troll juice part, totally fits her character)

Kaisshau
2009-01-19, 12:40 AM
"An' now," Snorri says, in a dramatic fashion, "These two 'r needin' healin'. Quick now, we woul'n wanna have ta lose a hero."

Walking away, he looks back at the two. "An as fer me," He raises his axe, and roars, "I'm off ta find me dinner! Mee' ya in that tavern later!"

Grumbling to himself, he walks out of the crowd as they cheer. "Never did find me a rat fer breakfast."

littlebottom
2009-01-19, 08:07 AM
some villagers take the wounded to a small house, the owners of which are the towns closest things to doctors, they walk up to you with bandages and the like.
int 50
[roll0] greta
[roll1] kaz [roll2]

the doctors tell you that kaz should heal with no problem before long, but greta needs alot of rest, they ask if they can have a better look at the wounds and bandage them up best they can... although awkwardly and nervously as the worst wound was right next to her large chest.

snorri enters the tavern and the barkeeps eyes light up " you did it? you saved em?!" he fetches you a flagon of ale on the house eaither way.

Xsesiv
2009-01-19, 11:09 AM
Kazari lies down on a table or bed for a while. On waking he grunts as he hefts himself up and leaves for the bar. What he's seen in the cellar will never leave him and he doubts he will be able to think straight. He sits at the bar quietly and orders eight ales, half to impress the Slayer, half to drown his sorrows.

First 4 negated by TB

Consume Alcohol
[roll0] T 46 Ale = Routine CA test, target number = 56
[roll1] T 46 Ale = Routine CA test, target number = 56
[roll2] T 46 Ale = Routine CA test, target number = 56
[roll3] T 46 Ale = Routine CA test, target number = 56

orchitect
2009-01-19, 11:44 AM
Greta lies in bet, sleeping soundly, but her constantly shifting eyes betray her calm. She is dreaming of the time she spent with her tribe. She dreams of the fighting pits, the feasts, the violent, bloody tales she was taught as a child, and of the ogre that rescued her, and of the ogre that "loved" her. Her mind then shifts to Snorri, and in her dreams she recalls what happened that night, and suddenly she sees herself, but she is not normal. In place of her stomach is the Maw, and it is howling for sustenance. What this nightmare means she cannot fathom, but it terrifies her while it enchants her. All ogres have the hunger of the Maw driving them, but she is not an ogre, she knows this, so why then would she be one with Maw? Suddenly she is falling into herself, falling down the dark, dank gullet of the phantasmal beast. And it is laughing.

Greta jumps from the bed with a start. It takes a second for her to recognize her surroundings but when she does the pain of her wounds hits her like hundred hammers. She falls back into bed, but unwilling to go back to sleep she forces herself to stand. Wrapping her jerkin around her she shuffles downstairs to the tavern proper. she asks the keep for breakfast and an ale and heads towards the table where her companions are sitting. She is pale and sweating; she can still picture the Maw gaping wide to swallow her whole.

Xsesiv
2009-01-19, 11:56 AM
By Grimnar's beard, you look terrible. Kazari is not one to talk, drunken into a stupor yet again, and pale green and shivering.

orchitect
2009-01-19, 12:19 PM
I'm fine.

I drop back an ale to wash down some of my breakfast. Maybe I should get more, I think to myself.

Keep, I look around at Kazari's, seven more will you? I hold up my empty tankard to indicate what I want seven more of.

Didn't sleep well. You don't look good. Too much ale before breakfast? Haha. I say, trying to lighten the mood a little. Ogres don't like being angry or depressed all the time.

I'll just roll for my ales now: T 45 +10 = target 55
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

(Wohoo, only failed 1!)

Kaisshau
2009-01-19, 01:44 PM
"No', I ain't one fer sayin' slow down, but ye be needin' rest lass." Downing another ale, the 6th so far, he looks worriedly at the blood soaking through her jerkin. "Even I dun think I've lost tha much blood at one time."

Consume Alcohol test:
[roll0] (Target 64)

I just realized now that I forgot to change my TB to 5 when I upgraded my toughness. Whoopsies.

orchitect
2009-01-19, 02:11 PM
(Oh, I thought enough time had passed in game. Oops.)

Struck by reality she realizes the ache in her side isn't just soreness. One of her wounds has reopened and blood iss staining her jerkin. She tries to stand up but suddenly feels light headed. She has just enough time to mumble oh scat before she falls over, just barely catching herself on the table. I need a hand to my room. she says out of breath as she tries to push herself up off the table.

How long was I out? she asks whoever helps her to her room. They notice she's trying to carry most of her own weight too; she's very self reliant but she knows her limits.

Kaisshau
2009-01-19, 02:23 PM
Laying her down in her blood soaked bed, Snorri suppresses his sadness.

"Not long 'nough lass, no' long 'nough." Heading out of the room, he marches downstairs and orders three ales. After downing them all, he stomps up to the nearest townsfolk, and bellows at him.

"How in tha Blazin' Hells could ya no' know ya go' a bloody troll livin' under yer town? How does a troll move in 'n ya jus' don' notice? Do you care tha' li'l for yer neighbors? Are ya tha' selfish?

Consume Alcohol Tests (Target 64)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Xsesiv
2009-01-19, 02:29 PM
Kazari morosely goes for another four ales.

[roll0] target 56
[roll1] target 56
[roll2] target 56
[roll3] target 56

Oh why am I bothering? I'll never get anything done right. How could I let that poor woman end up like that?

orchitect
2009-01-19, 05:11 PM
Greta lies in bed. She can hear Snorri shouting a floor bellow. Her stomach is having trouble handling all the food and ale after her intense blood loss. She takes off her wet jerkin and lays it on her gut plate beside the bed. Greta rolls over and covers her head with her blanket. She closes her eyes and tries to drift off to sleep.

littlebottom
2009-01-19, 06:32 PM
a peasant replys to snorri we dont know how they got there, but they were living under their house, what i dont get is how they didnt know

greta manages to fall asleep, the sun is almost about to set, maybe its time for everyone to get a little rest (of course you can stay up though :smallbiggrin:)

orchitect
2009-01-19, 06:36 PM
Greta is sleeping. She dreams of little ogre babies with bright, orange mohawks. She smiles in her sleep.

Xsesiv
2009-01-19, 06:39 PM
Heheh. Nice dreams.

Kazari stays up boozing, with another 4 ales.

[roll0] Target number 56
[roll1] Target number 56
[roll2] Target number 56
[roll3] Target number 56

Barely sober, he almost collapses.

littlebottom
2009-01-19, 06:41 PM
roll a d100 please Xsesiv on the "stinking drunk" table.

orchitect
2009-01-19, 06:41 PM
(something tells me Kazari isn't going to be staying up much longer. That's four failures if I have't lost count!)

Xsesiv
2009-01-19, 06:48 PM
[roll0]

And Kazari gets...

littlebottom
2009-01-19, 06:52 PM
"sleep....now....." you pass out in a pool of your own vomit for [roll0] hours, or untill some one wakes you