PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Guileful Switch

LibraryOgre
2009-01-15, 01:24 AM
Ok, I'm considering this power for my newly-6th-level Warlord. For a minor action, you get to switch places with someone in the order... moving them to where you are, and they take their actions (even if they've already acted in this round), and you move to their place.

So, a few scenarios, to see if I'm understanding this right.

1) Furious, our barbarian, moved first in the round. I take my Standard and Move, then spend my minor on Guileful Switch. Furious now goes, and I go at the top of the round.

2) I rolled well, Furious sucked. I spend my Standard and Move, then minor to bring Furious up to where I am, and I'll get my action when Furious would've normally gone.

As I read it, it's essentially "You or an ally go twice this round."

tcrudisi
2009-01-15, 02:03 AM
Yes, you are correct on both accounts.

Charity
2009-01-15, 03:55 AM
Spot on, and that power is really too good to miss.

Kurald Galain
2009-01-15, 05:28 AM
As I read it, it's essentially "You or an ally go twice this round."
While as worded it does precisely that, this strikes me as way overpowered for any pre-epic power. The intent appears to simply be to swap initiative of two people, which is already useful (if situational). Thus, if WOTC ever decides to go for another round of errata, I'd expect this to be one of the first to be changed. But until they do, hey, feel free :smallbiggrin:

As it stands, I'm tempted to multiclass my characters to warlord just so I can take this power.

KKL
2009-01-15, 07:48 AM
Guileful Switch?

MORE LIKE WHITE RAVEN TACTICS AMIRITE?

LibraryOgre
2009-01-15, 10:45 AM
Ok, groovy. I think Hzurr is going to wind up with some headaches if we ever stop talking about people we should be beating up. ;-)

Yakk
2009-01-15, 11:04 AM
If you do find it abusive, and want to fix it -- change it to a Standard Action.

I think it is still good enough to use!

Hzurr
2009-01-15, 11:48 AM
Furious going twice in one round...?

Oh my.

This could lead to problems. And death (for pretty much anyone you run into).

*Goes off to increase encounter difficulties for the campaign*

BadJuJu
2009-01-15, 01:34 PM
What book is that in?

RTGoodman
2009-01-15, 01:37 PM
What book is that in?

Martial Power. I never noticed it while just flipping through the book, but... man, that is a SWEET power.

BadJuJu
2009-01-15, 01:45 PM
Martial Power. I never noticed it while just flipping through the book, but... man, that is a SWEET power.

Thanks for the help. I have that book too, just havent noticed.

LibraryOgre
2009-01-15, 02:17 PM
Furious going twice in one round...?

Oh my.

This could lead to problems. And death (for pretty much anyone you run into).

*Goes off to increase encounter difficulties for the campaign*

You know, Hzurr, you can always say No. I'll have to fiddle with the character sheet when I get there, but I'm not even bothering to print it this time, and just bringing my laptop.