PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Looking for a 1st level module with little work for the DM.

Myou
2009-01-15, 10:23 AM
A friend and I are looking to have a short practice campaign to get a better feel for some of the classes and more complex game mechanics, and so he can get a little DM experience. We're looking for a 1st level module that has as little work for the DM to do as possible, since he will be playing a PC a the same time.

Can anyone suggest a suitable module?

mikej
2009-01-15, 10:41 AM
you talking published modules or just some random made up ones ?

1: Orcs kidnap [insert whoever important]
2: Go rescue that individual
3: Find Orc cave or camp
4: Kill Orcs
5: Rescue such individual
6: Happy Ending...? [ cliff hanger ending were PCs learn that some evil Kobold kidnapped the King's Dog * look of suspence*]

The one I'm secretly worker on, to start off my new campaign.

1: PCs meet up [ probally a tavern since they lack imagination ]
2: PCs asked to deliver a message of some kind...just the hook to leave the town.
3: On the way the meet up with a Lawfull Good Female Gold Dragon, disquised at first but then reveals herself after she trusts them.
4: Her husband was kidnapped by a evil Princess.
5: PCs save the Gold Dragons husband from the evil Princess.

Myou
2009-01-15, 10:44 AM
you talking published modules or just some random made up ones ?

1: Orcs kidnap [insert whoever important]
2: Go rescue that individual
3: Find Orc cave or camp
4: Kill Orcs
5: Rescue such individual
6: Happy Ending...? [ cliff hanger ending were PCs learn that some evil Kobold kidnapped the King's Dog * look of suspence*]

The one I'm secretly worker on, to start off my new campaign.

1: PCs meet up [ probally a tavern since they lack imagination ]
2: PCs asked to deliver a message of some kind...just the hook to leave the town.
3: On the way the meet up with a Lawfull Good Female Gold Dragon, disquised at first but then reveals herself after she trusts them.
4: Her husband was kidnapped by a evil Princess.
5: PCs save the Gold Dragons husband from the evil Princess.

A published module. ^^;

Although if we don't find one we might just make one up.

Egiam
2009-01-15, 11:17 AM
Assuming 3.5, DEFINITELY do scourge of the howling horde; Its Exactly what you are looking for.

Myou
2009-01-15, 11:35 AM
Assuming 3.5, DEFINITELY do scourge of the howling horde; Its Exactly what you are looking for.

Excellent, thank you!
I'll check it out, assuming we can find a copy.

Egiam
2009-01-15, 12:46 PM
It's actually the first module I ever did and it rocked! It was specifically made for begining DM's. It features DM tips, tricks, and even a checklist for the first session. It also details such a small area that it can be fit into almost any setting. To find it I would try amazon.com

Myou
2009-01-15, 02:00 PM
It's actually the first module I ever did and it rocked! It was specifically made for begining DM's. It features DM tips, tricks, and even a checklist for the first session. It also details such a small area that it can be fit into almost any setting. To find it I would try amazon.com

Actually, between the five D&D players I know we have most published books, so I'll be asking around to see who has it.
Thanks for the suggestion, having read the blurb on the WotC site and heard your description it sounds perfect.