PDA

View Full Version : Death Note 2 Werewolf Game Thread Ongoing

Pages : [1] 2

Dragoon
2009-01-15, 08:48 PM
As all the students had prepared to for their final test, they had prepared in certain ways. Some like the geniuses in class, mentally went over what they could recall about their classmates. Most though kept to themselves, watching the clock. Except for one group of friends that not even the teachers would be able to separate when they wanted to be together.

The clock struck 12:00, noon, as everyone had their helmet and suits on with their identifying marks. No one had been in here before, the final testing room. As they entered, they noticed there was two other hallways besides the one they came in. The door closed as their head instructor stood in front of everyone.
"As you may be aware, this is the final test before graduating. This will simulate the actual situation that the NPA and Mello dealt with." He looked over the group, though he locked eyes with a couple of students in a staring contest, before moving on. "The hallway to the back will lead to the mess area and where you'll sleep, the last hallway is where the "victims" will go. He motioned with his hands the air quotes. "The people acting as Kira will pass note to us, and..." He paused when the screen behind him signaled on. "It's not supposed to do that yet-" His outburst was interrupted as he collapsed grasping at his chest.
"Well, let's change the rules a bit, make it more realistic, you'll find that we have joined the game, with our own death notes. The NPA didn't get them all-"
"Hey we can easily beat you, if we all take our helmets off we can identify who the rats are." The person who interrupted took his helmet off, a couple of people had started to when they heard a chuckle from the screen.
"Thanks for the reminder, but the shinigami's back, and he has orders to write anyone's name who takes their helmet off outside of their room. Now as the poor fool will demonstrate, every day we'll vote, the person with the most votes will have to go down that hallway, inside there, they'll..." He stops as the person without a helmet screams as he dies. "Now back to what I was saying, oh yeah, every night, a few names will be added to the death notes we have. We have certain criminals, and liars to kill before we are finished, if lucky, most of you might be able to leave." Two of the "criminals" grimaced under their masked, after all, they had the cleanest record of the group, they didn't think the enemy would believe them though. "As some of the more astute people may have noticed, the only door out of here is password protected, don't mess with it, though each one of us has part of the password, if you do in fact get one of us killed, well you get part of it. The last warning, if not enough people vote, well, the shinigami has promised to kill two people at random of you students. Have fun and you shall see that we are much better than Light ever was." The screen vanished as people started looking at each other, who could be part of the group determined to kill them. Two people caught each others eye, realizing it had been good that they came, the students could use as much help as possible.

Night 0 has ended and Istari and Dragoon have been killed, Istari was Head Instructor and Co-Narrator, Dragoon was The Fool and Narrator.

Day ends in about 72 hours.

The rules, sorry about that Jontom

The police academy and friends
New Graduates- (villagers) You are almost finished with the academy, and this was supposed to be a last test. You win if all the Kira are killed.
“Criminals”- You were picked to be criminals, even though your record is clean, to replicate L’s successful capture attempt of Light. You win if Kira are killed and you survived.
“L”- (seer) The best in the class, if you pass the test, you will become the new L. Every day you can scry someone to determine their role. Wins if all the Kiras are dead.
“Mello”- (seer and thief) The “second” best in the class, you have to be more careful to identify the truth, can scry every three days. However, you also have the ability to steal a “death note.” Win if Kiras and Near are dead. Draws if only Kiras are killed.
“Near” (back-up seer) One of the best in class, however, none really know your ability, except for Mello, who can’t believe that anyone one else could keep up with him. Scries every three days unless L is “killed,” then you will scry every day, but are more vulnerable. Win if Kiras are killed.
“NPA”- (mason) You know each other too well, and that the professor knew that separating you all would endanger the effectiveness of the tests. Wins if all the Kiras are dead.
Aiber- You’re a con man and a smooth talker. Both you and Wedy decided to help out after suspecting foul play. You are able to influence one person’s vote each day, however, it can’t be the same person back to back.
Wedy- (voider) You also wanted to help with the “test,” though like Aiber, you knew it was probably trouble. Though you do know how to be disruptive. Each night, you can void the next person’s day or night phase action, depending on when it happens. However, to avoid suspicion, you cannot void the same person twice in a row.

The Kira
Kira’s team wins killing every criminal, NPA, L, Near, and Mello. Kira gets to pick his team. Those with death note can write a name of a person that they have gotten at night.
Kira- (alpha) You want to show the world that Mello’s victory was a fluke. Though like Light, you want to rule the world without losing half your life. Everyday you can determine someone’s role and possibly their real name. L, Near, and Mello see Light as a villager.
Kira Right Hand Man- (voider) You trust Kira and wish to stand at his side in his new world. You don’t have a death note, but can void one person’s action each day. Though you can’t void the same person twice in a row. If one of the followers is killed and Mello hasn’t stolen the death note, you can lose your ability to void to gain the follower’s ability. Scries as Kira’s Follower.
Kira’s Followers- (wolves) You were picked by Kira to bring a new world order. You have accepted the shinigami eyes and each day can scry someone’s name. Scry as Kira’s Follower.

Special Rules

Everyone will be given a real name, that the Kira’s will need to write in the death note to kill a person. Just like the manga/anime, the Kira’s can control a person’s actions and time of death somewhat. If they try too much control, then the person will die instantly instead. Example, Dragoon writes that Naomi Misora (Shadow) will die in four days and on that day, point at Freshmeat, saying he is Light Yagami, that would work. Also, if someone is under the control of the death note, Aiber’s ability will not work.
There are couple more abilities only the role that has them will know about.
Also, names from Death Note may be used, but does not mean they are the same roles.
Just a reminder to possible players that the wolves have a limited ability to control their votes before they die. I appreciate that people want to win, but part of what makes death note, death note, is the uncertainty of knowing whether someone’s being controlled. So unless the message asks you to act dramatically different than you have been, please try not to act too differently.

The players 10/30
The narrators 0/2
Aemoh(away notice filed)
Aether academy student auto'd
Allysian
Artemis97 academy student auto'd
banjo1985 Kira, lynched day 6
bayar A Kira, lynched day 2
Blue Umbrella
Catseye2121 academy student, lynched day 4
Cpt. Soup student, auto'd
dallas-dakota academy student, lynched day 3
Dragoon Fool, killed night 0
Emperor Demonking criminal, lynched day 6
FF fanboy academy student, auto-lynched
Fin
Griever academy student, killed night 2
hap_hazard criminal, auto-lynched
iceddragons academy student, killed night 5
Istari Head Instructor, killed night 0
Jontom Xire student, killed day 5
Korias auto-lynched, replaced by Shadowcaller by die roll
lamech
Lex-kat
Moon_Called mason auto'd
Murska
Queenfange Wedy, lynched day 5
Raistlin1040 Criminal, auto'd
Recaiden
Reinholdt
Shadow academy student, killed by kira night 4
Shadowcaller
The Rogue Monk
Trixie, mason lynched day 1
Vampiric Kira, auto'd

Just a reminder, its 3 missed votes and auto-lynched, they do not need to be in a row either.

Reminder if you have any questions, haven't received your role, let me and Istari know.

Lex-Kat
2009-01-16, 03:55 AM
I'll start off by pointing at Shadow. Why, because he claims to never have been lynched on day 1. Consider it a birthday present. :smallamused:

Jontom Xire
2009-01-16, 04:33 AM
Can we have the rules in the first post please, so we don't have to keep cross-referencing to the recruitment thread?

Thanks.

banjo1985
2009-01-16, 05:02 AM
"Crap, this isn't good, not good at all...no, this will not do, not do, not do, must get out out out out out..."

A timid young man in glasses crouches in the corner, arms wrapped tightly around his chest. He chants to himself under his breath, eyes closed, as if trying to block out what just happened. The words don't really make any sense, but they at least seem to soothe his stricken face a little.

"That's it man, game over, game over...comprende? We are Fin!"

Fin
2009-01-16, 05:38 AM
Ouch!

*takes 1d4 name pun damage*

Seriously that joke is old! Anyway theres no point snivelling around waiting for the end!

The boy was rather bit bigger than the clown that was making fun of his name.

So your gonna stop worrying about it and help find these lunatics!! Can somebody calm him down please? How 'bout you Greiver?

Murska
2009-01-16, 07:35 AM
They, better than Light ever was? Hah. Light was a genius, just like L. Higuchi killed them both last time, let's see what happens now that he isn't here...

((Couldn't resist reminding everyone about that one. :smallwink:))

Artemis97, because she liked my added touch of 'suicides' when I added her name in the last edition. :smallsmile:

Vampiric
2009-01-16, 07:59 AM
Holy cow.

Banjo1985 is back!

Of course, we shouldn't really lynch him day 1 of his first game back... :smallamused:

Fan
2009-01-16, 08:14 AM
I do say my good man, that Vampiric looking fellow over there seems to be consorting with a group of similar ruffians, and louts.

Trixie
2009-01-16, 08:16 AM
Ah-ha! We all have face-concealing helmets... and yet - there is someone who needs glasses on it!

Might it be, perhaps, that your eyesight had worsened recently - perhaps to receive shinigami eyes, eh, Banjo1985?

The absolutely nondescript guy in helmet (without glasses, we might add) points his accusing finger on someone who, he thinks, behaves a cut too theatrically (and even if he isn't, the sort of people who curl in a corner will be absolutely useless in a coming struggle, anyway) for a police student.

Recaiden
2009-01-16, 08:24 AM
Like no one else thought they'd escalate the test like this? Bring it on. Shadow

Lamech
2009-01-16, 10:09 AM
bandwagon banjo1985, 'cause he normally doesn't have enough time to play WW games but he diecided he could make one exception...
Or at least thats what I heard...

Hyozo
2009-01-16, 10:12 AM
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q281/iceddragons/IofDNWW.png

The student known to some as "http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q281/iceddragons/Iforposts.png" looks around the room. As usual there are people who immediately distrust "Shadow", "Banjo" seems to be overreacting to the scenario, There is a surprising lack of suspicion of "Murska". "http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q281/iceddragons/Iforposts.png" mentally notes these things before wandering off to look for something to eat, accidentally bumping into "lamech" on the way

banjo1985
2009-01-16, 10:35 AM
((Yay! I should leave more often :smalltongue:))

Vampiric
2009-01-16, 10:47 AM
No, I was serious about not bandwagoning Banjo. C'mon guys, it's his first game for ages.

Shadow....

>_>

<_<

:smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-01-16, 10:53 AM
The student known to some as "http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q281/iceddragons/Iforposts.png" looks around the room. As usual there are people who immediately distrust "Shadow", "Banjo" seems to be overreacting to the scenario, There is a surprising lack of suspicion of "Murska".

You know... I'm kind of new to WW games on GitP (played them many times elsewhere, though) - it there a reason to suspect Murska? :smallconfused:

You know, you've got me thinking - if this game's wolf leader picked his own group... Then logically, he should have picked the most veteran and best players for his own, to ensure his victory - with perhaps one or two players unaligned to him(so no one will suspect them). Thus, the key to victory is to find out to what was the exact method used to pick that group, and who might have picked it.

So, I'm not accusing anyone or anything, but can people with more experience than me tell us who would be a likely candidate for this group? From the relations of previous games (as I've read several of them and they certainly seemed like fun) - the 'veterans' here are Banjo, Fin, Jontom, Shadow - who else (as I certainly missed a great many people)? :smallsigh:

Trixie
2009-01-16, 11:01 AM
No, I was serious about not bandwagoning Banjo. C'mon guys, it's his first game for ages.

Shadow.... :smalltongue:

Waitaminute... did you just cast a second vote? Or is that the only most recent counts? :smallconfused:

Anyway, as I know exactly the pain of being kicked for being a new guy in a group of old buddies - fine, Shadow it is.

I just hope you're not wrong about his reasons to "suddenly" coming back to play :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2009-01-16, 11:11 AM
The last vote you put in counts, as long as you cross out the rest. So you can change your vote as many times as you want, just beware that some people will jump on that as a reason for lynching.

As for veterans here, it depends what is meant by the word. If it's simply 'they've played a lot of games' there is Aemoh, myself, Dallas, Demonking, Fin, Jontom, Murska, Shadow and Vampiric.

However, it's better to ask, who are the players that have played a lot of games, and helped their side win regularly? i.e. which of those veterans actually influence the game with their tactics. Your list will then slim down a bit.

However, it's become the norm to not pick the most veteran players, or the players you have friendships with, purely because that's what's expected. Most alpha's who get to pick their teams will tend to take a mix of newer and veteran players, none of which they have an obvious link to. The main thing is really not to pick anyone likely to be autolynched.

based on that, Shadow is a terrible choice for an alpha to pick, as he gets killed early all the time. I'm a better choice, as I know what I'm doing without being reknowned for tactics. I'm not saying Shadows not a Kira, but he would be a bad choice for any experienced alpha really.

Mr. Moon
2009-01-16, 12:08 PM
A figure stands at the back of the room, leaning against the wall. Benieth her helmet, she frowns as she survies her classmates. Shadow seemed like a likely canidate. He had the smarts, and from what she'd heard and seen of him, the history.

Trixie
2009-01-16, 12:13 PM
As for veterans here, it depends what is meant by the word. If it's simply 'they've played a lot of games' there is Aemoh, myself, Dallas, Demonking, Fin, Jontom, Murska, Shadow and Vampiric.

However, it's better to ask, who are the players that have played a lot of games, and helped their side win regularly? i.e. which of those veterans actually influence the game with their tactics. Your list will then slim down a bit,

A list as good as any. So, people from it, can you please not mind if I vote for you? :smallsigh:

Paranoia mode on: Of course, if you are a Kira, you've struck all of your allies form that list... Or added one or two to it hoping that the innocent rest will "shield" them - ouch. That's too much of a random element for my liking, but that's why I still like these kind of games. So that list might be useless after all, but sill, I haven't got anything better.

based on that, Shadow is a terrible choice for an alpha to pick, as he gets killed early all the time. I'm a better choice, as I know what I'm doing without being reknowned for tactics. I'm not saying Shadows not a Kira, but he would be a bad choice for any experienced alpha really.

Well, with that name? He is just asking for it :smalltongue:

As for you - that's okay, Vampiric after all asked to not lynch you on day One, didn't he? :smallbiggrin:

We can check if you're guilty or not on day two :smallwink:

Boo
2009-01-16, 01:17 PM
Hey, Shadow? If you ever had kids, what would their names (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbra) be?

Since I do agree with Banjo, I, Tom Tommy Tomson Tommingham, shall point at Moon Called. Well, not point, but wave 'hello'.

Shadow
2009-01-16, 01:28 PM
Go ahead and lynch me on day one, for the first time ever, in an Alpha game.
See how far that gets you.

You guys do realize, I hope, that I get killed so early all the time by the bad guys because I'm a threat to THEM and not to you, right?

I'm not going to even bother voting today. Good luck. =)

TRM
2009-01-16, 01:30 PM
"Crap, this isn't good, not good at all...no, this will not do, not do, not do, must get out out out out out..."

A timid young man in glasses crouches in the corner, arms wrapped tightly around his chest. He chants to himself under his breath, eyes closed, as if trying to block out what just happened. The words don't really make any sense, but they at least seem to soothe his stricken face a little.

"That's it man, game over, game over...comprende? We are Fin!"
Banjo1985 is back! I can point at him again!

Murska
2009-01-16, 01:35 PM

I feel amused whenever I'm counted as a veteran. I mean, I'm one of the newer players, actually. My first game was Starcraft. :smallbiggrin:

Shadow
2009-01-16, 01:49 PM
However, it's become the norm to not pick the most veteran players, or the players you have friendships with, purely because that's what's expected. Most alpha's who get to pick their teams will tend to take a mix of newer and veteran players, none of which they have an obvious link to. The main thing is really not to pick anyone likely to be autolynched.

based on that, Shadow is a terrible choice for an alpha to pick, as he gets killed early all the time. I'm not saying Shadows not a Kira, but he would be a bad choice for any experienced alpha really.
Emphsis mine.
But actually, the reason that I'm a terrible pick for an Alpha is because I get scried so early.
Until Grave Robbers I hadn't been chosen by an Alpha in over a 18 months.
That's a year an d a half people.
There's a good reason for it.
The only reason that I was effective in GRfOS was because we got lucky and killed the Seer on night 2. I certain I wouldn't have lasted until day four if we hadn't. Do you really think that someone would be stupid enough to try it again with me?

But go ahead. Discard one of your most powerful tools against the Kira before you get a chance to use it. And do it when it's obvious that you shouldn't.

Good luck with that. =)

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-16, 01:55 PM
Shadow - I don't remember the last time I saw him lynched. (making him a good choice for an Alpha pick.)

Shadow
2009-01-16, 02:10 PM
Shadow - I don't remember the last time I saw him lynched. (making him a good choice for an Alpha pick.)

Not that I expect it to help, but to answer your question:
It was 69 hours ago, on day 4, in Animaniacs, as a villager. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5635795&postcount=218)
The game before that, I was killed by the Fears on night 2, as a villager.
The game before that, I was lynched on day 5 in Classic, as a villager.

Lamech
2009-01-16, 03:02 PM
Really... don't lynch Shadow he is probably a villager. But if he is a wolf we're screwed (see Graverobbers)... so SCRY SHADOW Mr. Seer....

Allysian
2009-01-16, 04:14 PM
Trixie is acting way to innocent.

Artemis97
2009-01-16, 04:40 PM
*glances at Murska*

"L and Light may have been geniuses, but they still made mistakes. We've dont the same by walking into this damned trap. How could this happen? How did they get control here?"

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-16, 04:45 PM
Trixie is unknown, thus a unknown threat. Not to mention that he joined in 2007 and I don't remember/have seen him before......

TRM
2009-01-16, 05:23 PM
Dude, this game has so many seers that there's no way Shadow (if a wolf) can kill them all before being scried. Can we please not lynch him yet? For real? You're lynching Shadow on Day 1? He's useful if a villager; that is a proven fact. He has almost no chance of being a successful wolf (especially with three scriers (Mellow, Neer, and L).

I'm changing my vote to Trixie in hopes of keeping Shadow alive. I realize that if Shadow is a wolf there may be problems (like, mobs screaming "TRM IS A WOLF!!!), but we could at least wait until Day 2 so that the seers have a chance to scry him.

I would like to apologize to Trixie, I don't really want to see you lynched—but I want to see Shadow lynched less. :smallfrown:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-16, 05:45 PM
Dude, this game has so many seers that there's no way Shadow (if a wolf) can kill them all before being scried. Can we please not lynch him yet? For real? You're lynching Shadow on Day 1? He's useful if a villager; that is a proven fact. He has almost no chance of being a successful wolf (especially with three scriers (Mellow, Neer, and L).

I'm changing my vote to Trixie in hopes of keeping Shadow alive. I realize that if Shadow is a wolf there may be problems (like, mobs screaming "TRM IS A WOLF!!!), but we could at least wait until Day 2 so that the seers have a chance to scry him.

I would like to apologize to Trixie, I don't really want to see you lynched—but I want to see Shadow lynched less. :smallfrown:
You got my thoughts TRM, except you put them in a tactics/strategy way thingy. Thenk you.

Recaiden
2009-01-16, 05:56 PM
Sorry, I must still have been sleeping or something. I meant to point at Trixie Pointing at Shadow is almost a reflex. The logic being that he seems to always be on whatever side I'm not. If I'm Near, he'll be Mello and the other way around. If I'm a wolf, he's the baner, etc.

Dragoon
2009-01-16, 06:24 PM
Pardon the interruption, just a reminder to make sure that any pm's sent with actions or questions should be sent to both Istari and I.

You may now go back to your scheduled paranoia. :smallbiggrin:

Griever
2009-01-16, 06:44 PM
Pardon the interruption, just a reminder to make sure that any pm's sent with actions or questions should be sent to both Istari and I.

I think you forgot to include my role in the list:

You are Tony Danza (The Boss)

Each night you can show one player you are the boss, effectively enslaving them to the Cult of Tony Danza. You win by outnumbering the People's Republic of John Travolta.

Istari
2009-01-16, 06:50 PM
Shhhh!

That's supposed to be a secret role :smallsigh: Oh well

Aemoh
2009-01-16, 07:55 PM
I feel amused whenever I'm counted as a veteran. I mean, I'm one of the newer players, actually. My first game was Starcraft. :smallbiggrin:

I'm gonna have to second that feeling. I mean, a quick count of my roles, and it's over 40 games of WW and yet I still think of myself as new *shrugs*

Anyways, *quick point at Trixie*

Sorry, my reasoning is basically the exact same as The_Rogue_Monk on this point.

Recaiden
2009-01-17, 12:18 AM
I've got it. Tixie's the mastermind, relying on our assumptions about the strategies of beginners as a shield to get the perfect team. They've been planning this whole thing, including losing their alpha, probably on day 2, and wither they win or near and one villager will kill the last wolf. They'll use the cover of having scried a wolf to find the other seers and then it's almost over for us.[/paranoid rant]

TFT
2009-01-17, 01:18 AM
I honestly don't know who to vote for today, so I'm going to try and stay out of it...

Dallas-Dakota for the random.

Shadow
2009-01-17, 01:45 AM
OK, I said earlier that I wasn't going to even point today.
But right now Trixie and I are tied with 5.
I reached 5 first.
I'am at work right now and I have a wedding tomorrow.

So I'm going to *point at Trixie to save my own hide.

See y'all Sunday, if I'm still alive.
(nothing personal Trix)

Aether
2009-01-17, 01:55 AM
Trixie.

For the above posters' reasons. Sorry, newbie.

And, Murska is under suspicion because he gets Wolf roles so often. Some games a head wolf, an Alpha, is selected and he picks his own team; this is such a game.

In others, the bad-guy roles are sent out randomly, so you can't really predict who will be a wolf. Murska gets to be a wolf a lot because of this random chance, heh.

Thanks much for including the rules in the OP! :smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2009-01-17, 02:41 AM
Seriously? You're lynching the new guy? :smallsigh:

I just wish I got here earlier. Lousy distractions. :smallfrown:

I wouldn't trust Shadow in the least when he says he's a bad alpha pick. He uses that as a cover. :smalltongue:

But I wouldn't go lynching him day 1 either. That's just silly. :smallyuk:

Could everyone please vote for me now? Reinholdt is a much better choice than either one we have up. :smallannoyed:

hap_hazard
2009-01-17, 04:31 AM
There was a bunch of points at banjo1985 earlier. Before they got cancelled.

C'mon, let the new guy play.

Boo
2009-01-17, 04:41 AM
I think you forgot to include my role in the list:

And I was so close to asking for my name to be Steve Buscemi...

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-17, 04:53 AM
There was a bunch of points at banjo1985 earlier. Before they got cancelled.

C'mon, let the new guy play.
C'mon let the guy-who-just-came-back play.:smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-01-17, 05:09 AM
Trixie is unknown, thus a unknown threat. Not to mention that he joined in 2007 and I don't remember/have seen him before......

Yod don't remember seeing me before, as I took a lenghty vacation from GitP and coma back about two weeks ago - you can check my post history, for Christs sake :smallannoyed:

So, on what exact reason you are pointing on me? I'm pretty much new, I really DON'T know anyone on this forums - chances that anyone would take would take a new guy that decided to join the game on a whim are so nonexistent that they are practically below zero :smallsigh:

On the other hand, we have a veteran player, who would be a great addition to Team Evil - and, now that he had a bandwagon behind him, a new counter-bandwagon trying to save him formed conspicuously fast. And nobody sees this is a bit too convenient? On the one hand, a new guy who doesn't know anyone nor have any experience, on the other, a veteran player with counter-bandwagons forming on a whim - and you're telling me I'M more likely to be wolf?

You know, I joined this game knowing that there is a big possibility that buddy-gangs like those are likely to kick the new guys instead of one of their own; after all, why let the new players have any fun, when you can let wolf in our midst have it? :smallannoyed:

Very well, if what you're really want is to play in the same-ol' buddy groups, not letting anyone new nearby, I can't stop you, but consider this - without my role, the villagers are considerably less likely to win. If you hang me, do me a favor and hang all those who voted for me - you have most of your wolves right there. Of course, if your goal is to win, not to merely play in the same, ol' group. :smallmad:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-17, 05:21 AM
Yod don't remember seeing me before, as I took a lenghty vacation from GitP and coma back about two weeks ago - you can check my post history, for Christs sake :smallannoyed:

So, on what exact reason you are pointing on me? I'm pretty much new, I really DON'T know anyone on this forums - chances that anyone would take would take a new guy that decided to join the game on a whim are so nonexistent that they are practically below zero :smallsigh:

On the other hand, we have a veteran player, who would be a great addition to Team Evil - and, now that he had a bandwagon behind him, a new counter-bandwagon trying to save him formed conspicuously fast. And nobody sees this is a bit too convenient? On the one hand, a new guy who doesn't know anyone nor have any experience, on the other, a veteran player with counter-bandwagons forming on a whim - and you're telling me I'M more likely to be wolf?

You know, I joined this game knowing that there is a big possibility that buddy-gangs like those are likely to kick the new guys instead of one of their own; after all, why let the new players have any fun, when you can let wolf in our midst have it? :smallannoyed:

Very well, if what you're really want is to play in the same-ol' buddy groups, not letting anyone new nearby, I can't stop you, but consider this - without my role, the villagers are considerably less likely to win. If you hang me, do me a favor and hang all those who voted for me - you have most of your wolves right there. Of course, if your goal is to win, not to merely play in the same, ol' group. :smallmad:
Well sorry then....

Also, Shadow is not just a veteran player.
He's Shadow, pretty much a really bad pick for a alpha.
And also, if you just buddy up in WW's, you're not paranoid enough.

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-17, 05:29 AM

Totally more useful than Shadow.

Shadow
2009-01-17, 05:44 AM
Totally more useful than Shadow.
More useful?
I dunno. That remains to be seen.
More deserving?
Maybe. I've never, in two years, been lynched on day one.
I guess it's gotta happen sometime.

But so help me, if Trix turns out to be one of the Kiras and I let 'em live because I was feeling charitable before a day worth celebrating.... :smallfurious:

*comes home from work
*changes point to Shadow
*heads off to bed before his cousin's wedding tomorrow

Lex-Kat
2009-01-17, 05:46 AM
Come on.... Let the new guy survive at least on one day. If you need to take someone out, that pointed at Shadow day one, lynch me, Lex-kat. Seriously. I started the Shadow bandwagon. Why take it out on the new kid?

And as for Shadow being a bad pick for an Alpha game, as someone mentioned, he did an awesome job during Graverobbers. Too awesome, in fact. I know that if I were Alpha, I would ask for him to be one of my wolves.

1. He is NEVER 1st day killed.
2. Most leave him be until there is proof against him, say the seer.
3. There is always the chance that you will kill the true seer during one of the first few days/nights. (In fact, it seems to be happening with frigthening regularity around here. :smallconfused:) If that happens, Shadow is the best to have on your team. Even if he is eventually lynched, he sows a lot of discord and confusion.

Here's a quote from the last Alpha to recruit Shadow:

That actually did play a rather big part in me choosing him. Like lamech said, I never really understood why no alpha would choose Shadow. There are so many benefits of having him on your side, much better than having him against you.

Of course, after this game, I wouldn't be surprised if Shadow gets lynched on first few days in every other alpha game, simply for the Rule of Shadow :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-01-17, 06:26 AM

Well, except: NOT. This game has many seers, yes, but until they can find masons or build enough people to form a net they are just like common villagers. Let's say that happens around day five or six - wouldn't you leap at the chance of having a good player for a six days, which gives an excellent chance of eliminating most of said seers?

Anyway, I can't keep you from ruining this game for me, but when you see what I was do heed to my words and lynch (for the time being) the ones that were pointing on me. Not the ones that were pointing at other people and/or not pointed at all (unless, of course, there's certainty that person in question is a wolf); there's a good reason for that.

I can say just one thing in my defense: I'm not a Kira, nor anyone in any way involved with them - true, they would also say that but as I said I don't know anyone here so the chance that someone would pick a completely green and unknown player is pretty much zero. :smallsigh:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-17, 06:40 AM
Well, except: NOT. This game has many seers, yes, but until they can find masons or build enough people to form a net they are just like common villagers. Let's say that happens around day five or six - wouldn't you leap at the chance of having a good player for a six days, which gives an excellent chance of eliminating most of said seers?

Anyway, I can't keep you from ruining this game for me, but when you see what I was do heed to my words and lynch (for the time being) the ones that were pointing on me. Not the ones that were pointing at other people and/or not pointed at all (unless, of course, there's certainty that person in question is a wolf); there's a good reason for that.

I can say just one thing in my defense: I'm not a Kira, nor anyone in any way involved with them - true, they would also say that but as I said I don't know anyone here so the chance that someone would pick a completely green and unknown player is pretty much zero. :smallsigh:
The underlined part....Pretty weak, getting killed ruins the game for that person.. Y'know...Unless (s)he/it wants to be killed....

Also, seers can build up networks, fast.

Jontom Xire
2009-01-17, 07:40 AM
Ok, I have to vote now, but....

First, Trixie is clearly inexperienced. From her first statement that veterans would make great team mates for team evil. Wrong. A mistake that alphas have made in several games, and they always get punished for it. The really good veteran players have very well known playing styles and the other really good veteran players tend to spot the wolves among them from the known wolves actions - who they choose to kill etc. etc. Plus the veterans are too obvious a choice, thus making them a bad choice, and then we get into the whole bluff, double bluff, triple bluff, etc. situation where someone isa good alpha pick precisely because they are a bad one. However in my personal experience, bluffing can only take you so far, and when you get called on your bluff the whole game goes down the tubes.

I've been an alpha twice, (at the same time by fluke) and picked a nice mix of competent but relatively low profile players, and we did very very well.

On a more personal note, Trixie these games are not an "old boys club". Play long enough and you'll find out how much personal animosity I can generate, even from people I consider friends, although in UG...well that game's still running so I can't say much, but let's just say that when Mustiado and I found out why we were so convinced that the other was griefing us up so much we were both very very impressed with the person responsible. That person promptly shot to the top of my "watch out for tricksy basterds" list. The point is that in most games there are people we would love to see lynched and there is absolutely no question of lynching you so as to keep newcomers away from the game. We love to see newcomers in these games. So lose the chip on your shoulder. If anything it makes you seem more likely to be on team evil. I've made huge allowances for your being new, but some of the things you have said would put anyone else right at the top of my suspicious list if they had said them. I think that may well be why you have so many votes at you.

Also you said:

On the other hand, we have a veteran player, who would be a great addition to Team Evil - and, now that he had a bandwagon behind him, a new counter-bandwagon trying to save him formed conspicuously fast.

Been there, done that. You have no idea how many times I've been saved from lynch by a counter bandwagon even though everyone wanted me dead. And people KEPT seeing that as suspicious, rather than seeing the truth which is that I was in contact with masons and seer because I had been scried, and because a number of other people recognised from what I said that I was not only on team good, but a very useful member. I have never ever been saved by a counter bandwagon (that I can remember) when on team evil. In fact, I don't think I've ever been lynched with a significant counter-bandwagon in play. And if I have you can guarantee that most of team evil were pointing at me not the other guy.

I think the conspicuously fast counter bandwagon to save him is for two reasons:

1) People know how good he is and realise he'd be very useful as a villager.
2) People find you trying to lynch him very suspicious, and since the counter bandwagon is against you, they can kill two birds with one stone.

Remember that team evil is in the minority here, so getting a counter bandwagon going is very difficult for them. Doing it makes them very obvious and easy to find.

Anyway, lecture over so I point at Murska because it's becoming a tradition and I like traditions.

Trixie
2009-01-17, 07:42 AM
The underlined part....Pretty weak, getting killed ruins the game for that person.. Y'know...Unless (s)he/it wants to be killed...

Huh? I don't quite get your point. Are you suggesting I want to be killed? :smallconfused:

No, I quite frankly don't. How would you feel, being a new player who just joined a potentially fun game only to be killed within minutes by a tight group of old gamers? Especially if that was also your returning reception after a long vacation? :smallsigh:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-17, 08:06 AM
Huh? I don't quite get your point. Are you suggesting I want to be killed? :smallconfused:

No, I quite frankly don't. How would you feel, being a new player who just joined a potentially fun game only to be killed within minutes by a tight group of old gamers? Especially if that was also your returning reception after a long vacation? :smallsigh:
No no no.:smallsigh: You misunderstood me.

I'm staying that nobody wants to be killed, nobody wants to be killed, though it's a part of what they sign up for, part of what you signed up for.
Also, we're not really a 'tight group of old gamers'. Some of us sticking up for Shadow is because of his current profile, which is currently saying it's unwise for a alpha to pick him. We all kill eachother frequently. When I'm a alpha, or wolf or bad guy, I'm not saying, no don't kill him, I have him on msn and like him!:smallwink:

TRM
2009-01-17, 08:13 AM

Ummm... I'm sorry?

Like I said, I don't want you personally lynched. But, at the time of my point, you were the only other player with enough points to have a possibility of being lynched instead of Shadow.

Very well, if what you're really want is to play in the same-ol' buddy groups, not letting anyone new nearby, I can't stop you, but consider this - without my role, the villagers are considerably less likely to win. If you hang me, do me a favor and hang all those who voted for me - you have most of your wolves right there. Of course, if your goal is to win, not to merely play in the same, ol' group
Fine. Now you want to resort to personal attacks. I'm sorry to hear that; I don't want you to leave GiTP werewolf because you had a bad game, I really don't. But me feeling bad about you (potentially) getting lynched isn't going to change my point.

As Jontom said, if I had seen you play before, your comments would make me actually suspicious of you (rather than the next-most pointed at player); as you mentioned, you have played Werewolf extensively on other sites—you probably know strategy. You may be a complete newcomer to this site, but many of the same tactics apply to any werewolf game. I'm standing by my point.

edit: Trixie, if you're interested you should read some old games; you aren't going to find any examples of people being saved from lynch because they're experienced and everyone likes them—that's not how we play. If anything, it is more likely for veteran players to get lynched.
The closest you are going to find is something like this, where players are saved because they have a very strong reputation of being useful; not "liked," very useful—like Shadow.

Trixie
2009-01-17, 09:15 AM
I'm staying that nobody wants to be killed, nobody wants to be killed, though it's a part of what they sign up for, part of what you signed up for.
Also, we're not really a 'tight group of old gamers'. Some of us sticking up for Shadow is because of his current profile, which is currently saying it's unwise for a alpha to pick him. We all kill eachother frequently. When I'm a alpha, or wolf or bad guy, I'm not saying, no don't kill him, I have him on msn and like him!:smallwink:

You know, that was just my impression, from reading the archives. In most of the games I briefly looked at there was a small, close group of the same experienced people, plus a number of other, random names, who were usually the first to go, outvoted by the same group again and again. If my impression was false, feel free to correct me - as I said, I have little experience in the WW games, especially here.

As for staying alive part - yes, it is very hard to see why a new guy who is about to be kicked out the moment he signed up might be angry abut it, right, eh, bien? :smallsigh:

I'm sorry if I overdid my reaction, but you can guess how I was happy about all that. Okay, I'm going to keep my mouth shut from this moment on.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-17, 09:19 AM
Y'see Trixie.
You started doing way to much reading and judging on day 1. Day 1 is usually a random lynch.
The fact is, you were only bandwagoned because you made such a fuss out of who to be lynched and stubbornly pointing at Shadow under the reason of 'he is a experienced player', which is a pretty flawed logic. And then made a mess of three, yes, three people pointing at you.

Trixie
2009-01-17, 09:59 AM
Fine. Now you want to resort to personal attacks. I'm sorry to hear that; I don't want you to leave GiTP werewolf because you had a bad game, I really don't. But me feeling bad about you (potentially) getting lynched isn't going to change my point.

[Sighs] As I already apologized for overdoing that - it was not my intention to offend anyone. It was just... You know.

In fact, I jokingly made a bet with a friend that I'll be lynched on the first day, based on observations of various games - and seeing to come true in an instant just upset me a bit. :smallsigh:

As Jontom said, if I had seen you play before, your comments would make me actually suspicious of you (rather than the next-most pointed at player); as you mentioned, you have played Werewolf extensively on other sites—you probably know strategy. You may be a complete newcomer to this site, but many of the same tactics apply to any werewolf game. I'm standing by my point.

Um, nope. Yes, I played several games on the net, but only about half of them ever got to the end, and the players were mostly inept, interested only in kicking each other instead of winning. As several people already pointed out, in terms of and actual, hardcore game I'm pretty much green. :smallannoyed:

Btw, that will teach me to keep my trap shut in the future :smallsigh:

So no, I won't quit WW after just one game, but if it will look like that in all of the future games... well. We shall see.

Trixie
2009-01-17, 10:02 AM
The fact is, you were only bandwagoned because you made such a fuss out of who to be lynched and stubbornly pointing at Shadow under the reason of 'he is a experienced player', which is a pretty flawed logic. And then made a mess of three, yes, three people pointing at you.

Excuse me? I pointed at Banjo, and I've only changed my vote as I didn't wished him kicked on the day one. See where my good heart got me? :smallsigh:

I don't see where I made a fuss out of him being an experienced player - but besides that, the point is still valid. Also, I don't buy the 'he is a too good villager to lose him' defense - that would apply to other good players as well - and yet, people had no problem with pointing on, say, Lameh, Murska, Banjo, or Fin - only one was defended, namely Banjo, and on entirely different ground, namely that he's back after a long absence (which is suspicious in itself in game where wolves are picked). :smalltongue:

No sir, the pretty much only instant defense was that of Shadow. If that was a normal game, I wouldn't try to analyze anything, but if this is the game where wolves are picked - they are bound to try and kill anyone trying to point them out. So yes, I accused the group defending Shadow because it was all too unbelievably convenient and cute (yesss, wolves surely picked all of the most inept guys in order to win). And why should I not accuse them? You, for example, pointed at me because you've never saw me here. A fantastic reason, new guy who doesn't know anything is surely the lead wolf! :smallannoyed:

The only other group that might have mounted such a rapid response are masons, and it is far too unlikely that Shadow was one. If he is a villager, like all of you claim, he is still less valuable than me, for various reasons.

banjo1985
2009-01-17, 11:39 AM
...only one was defended, namely Banjo, and on entirely different ground, namely that he's back after a long absence (which is suspicious in itself in game where wolves are picked). :smalltongue:

This means:

Shadow is useful.
Trixie is new.

Banjo's Kira, lynch him! :smalltongue:

Seriously though, there's no 'old boys club' in these games. In actual fact when I'm a wolf I'll often go for the people I'm most friendly with; Dallas, Mordy, Murska...people who might manage to get info out of me when we talk. Heck, I lost the game for the good guys in the last Spytrap by giving away too much to xnadia. If anything it's a good idea to saty away from voting in friend groups.

Day 1 lynches are misleading. They tend to be very indecisive, or conversely a couple of massive bandwagons based on absolutely nothing. There was a point where Demonking was getting massacred in the first day or two of every game and it almost became tradition. Jontom, Reinholdt and Murska have all had to deal with phases where they get bombed out of games early. What I'm saying is, these games are random, especially Day 1, and any votes for you here aren't personal. People have probably done a quick equation between you and Shadow in their heads. Shadows a heck of an asset to have as a villager, for the few days he remains alive, and if he is a wolf he's guranteed to be found out by the seer in the first few days. I guess they think he'll be more useful against the Kira.

We all play nice...honest :smallbiggrin:

...most of us anyway :smalltongue:

Allysian
2009-01-17, 11:48 AM
I is pointing at Banjo to try and save Trixie, cause she's new.

Griever
2009-01-17, 12:10 PM
Trixie....

Reinholdt
2009-01-17, 12:18 PM
*considers*
Shadow says he hasn't been first day lynched in over 2 years.
And since you refused to lynch me :smallannoyed:, I'm going with that. Give him a new experience.

Lamech
2009-01-17, 12:55 PM
Shadow's pointing at himself? DOn't I have a running tradition were I help lynch people pointing at themselves?

TRM
2009-01-17, 01:02 PM
You know, that was just my impression, from reading the archives. In most of the games I briefly looked at there was a small, close group of the same experienced people, plus a number of other, random names, who were usually the first to go, outvoted by the same group again and again. If my impression was false, feel free to correct me - as I said, I have little experience in the WW games, especially here.

Maybe I'm blinded by being vaguely "in," (not really guys, jkjk), but I've noticed the opposite trend. My first game ever I was picked as a wolf and no one lynched me until some brilliant bastard (I think it was PhantomFox) pulled some crazy analysis and found all the wolves. We nearly won too.

The same thing's happened in the rest of my games; even though I'm new, I've never died before Shadow (that was a lie, actually); I've very rarely died before other "veterans" such as Evnafets, Banjo, etc...

I think I speak for everyone named The_Rogue_Monk when I say that we forgive you for getting upset.

That was off-topic. I have nothing on-topic to add at this time.

Bayar
2009-01-17, 01:33 PM
I vote for...no lynch.

Why ? Well, there are mutiple kiras, each lest one that can kill. So we need every man (or woman) we can have to find them.

The Neoclassic
2009-01-17, 02:07 PM
So... I have not played this game before, here nor anywhere else. Or maybe I have, since I play Mafia online with friends quite regularly, and wikipedia tells me that Werewolves is just another version of the game Mafia. However, reading and rereading the roles of this version, it is rather more complicated than the version I've played. So, I apologize in advance if I get confused at all.

Just figured I'd say something and introduce myself rather than being a lurker (I know in some groups, the silent ones are always the first to die, and nobody likes to die). I'm not voting for any deaths yet, since I don't like to point fingers will-nilly and, in my mafia experience, early deaths usually end up just hurting the innocent side.

TRM
2009-01-17, 02:40 PM
So... I have not played this game before, here nor anywhere else. Or maybe I have, since I play Mafia online with friends quite regularly, and wikipedia tells me that Werewolves is just another version of the game Mafia. However, reading and rereading the roles of this version, it is rather more complicated than the version I've played. So, I apologize in advance if I get confused at all.

Just figured I'd say something and introduce myself rather than being a lurker (I know in some groups, the silent ones are always the first to die, and nobody likes to die). I'm not voting for any deaths yet, since I don't like to point fingers will-nilly and, in my mafia experience, early deaths usually end up just hurting the innocent side.
Hi! :smallsmile:

You should be aware that if you don't point for a certain number of game days (usually two; I don't see a specific number for this game), you will be autolynched—even if you've been otherwise active. "no lynch" points usually count as not pointing for the purposes of autolynch.

Also: Trixie claims a good power role; Shadow's willingness to point at himself seems like an admittance that he doesn't have a good power role. Point changed to Shadow.

Lex-Kat
2009-01-17, 05:53 PM
Repoints at Shadow. :smallconfused:

Trixie
2009-01-17, 06:10 PM
Seriously though, there's no 'old boys club' in these games. In actual fact when I'm a wolf I'll often go for the people I'm most friendly with; Dallas, Mordy, Murska...people who might manage to get info out of me when we talk.

So, you're just doing what I tried to did - you eliminate good players that are on the opposing side :smalltongue:

Okay, I want to point out three important things (seers-baner, please read second one).

One, if this was a normal WW game people pointing at me would be probably right. Shadow is a good player - but this is a DN game. If he wasn't picked for Kira's team, he is among the first on the list 'to be controlled' of people. Either way, he is too big of an obstacle for Wolves, so he will end up dead or on their side, if he isn't already. That being said, kudos to him for the way he handled all this. I don't know if this means that he is a villager, or simply a wolf excellently playing with peoples heads, but he impressed me :smallwink:

Second, other seers - please, scry me now, ASAP. This is very important - as both you and shinigami scry at the day, the opposing team will quickly have my name and role - and use that to kill me. Why this is important? Well, check me and you'll see - we have to build a network of people (with me and proven people in contact) while we still possibly can. Also, to the baner - if you have no better targets today, protect me this one night - if I make it to day two, we might just have build an edge against wolves. I was about to give my name and role, but I eventually reconsidered. Let's Kira's team waste their scries on me this day. I'll give both of them out, anyway, on day two after I've been contacted (after checking me, or by proxy) by seers - at this point everyone and their mother will know all about it, anyway. :smallsigh:

Third, if something happens to me, please consider what I've posted in previous posts. There is one very important statement there. I'll elaborate on that in the night phase, when everyone will have their scry result in hand.

Dragoon
2009-01-17, 09:15 PM
Just letting everyone know you get 3 missed votes before auto-lynching. *Goes to check to make sure it is in rules*

Raistlin1040
2009-01-17, 09:19 PM
Points at Trixie.

She's suspicious somehow.

Korias
2009-01-18, 12:09 AM
There are alot of factors at play in this game. Trixie is being very defesive, and we're not that far in. She'd do this only if there was significant value to her role, and her reasoning is fairly suspicious. While she is being rather foward, it sounds like a bluff that she's one of the good guys.

For now, Trixie, as that way we all know the role and therefore will know if she's truthful.

Jontom Xire
2009-01-18, 05:37 AM

Err? We're on Wiki now?

I thought Mafia was a variant of Werewolf that someone on this forum invented (I forget who)? So it's fascinating to find someone saying that they play Mafia online and think that Werewolf is a variant of Mafia.

Can you point me at the rules for your version of Mafia so I can see if it's the same as ours.

Also, yet another plea for the bad guys to NOT kill me in the first few nights the next Mafia game we play! Last game I think it was night 1 and I think the game before that I was killed on night one, but whichever night it was I was killed by both sets of bad guys at the same time.

Boo
2009-01-18, 06:03 AM
You do realise that they're going to kill you out of spite now, right?

Selrahc
2009-01-18, 06:11 AM
I thought Mafia was a variant of Werewolf that someone on this forum invented (I forget who)? So it's fascinating to find someone saying that they play Mafia online and think that Werewolf is a variant of Mafia.

Nah, werewolf is a variant of Mafia. It just happens to be the most well known variant.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

Trixie
2009-01-18, 07:18 AM
There are alot of factors at play in this game. Trixie is being very defesive, and we're not that far in. She'd do this only if there was significant value to her role, and her reasoning is fairly suspicious. While she is being rather foward, it sounds like a bluff that she's one of the good guys.

Yeah, it's so suspicious that someone new (and with a good role to boot) wants to survive :smallsigh:

Fine, but I told you - I'll post my role on the second day. Lynching me now is not only counterproductive, as I'll draw away both scries and possibly a night kill from the wolves, but it actually furthers the Team Evil goals by helping them by a huge margin.

If I'm evil, at the end of the day all seers will know about if and warn the whole place - fine, lynch me then.

But now, the only one who has a suspicious (and/or damaging) behavior is you. Sorry. :smallannoyed:

Bayar
2009-01-18, 08:19 AM
Yeah, it's so suspicious that someone new (and with a good role to boot) wants to survive :smallsigh:

Fine, but I told you - I'll post my role on the second day. Lynching me now is not only counterproductive, as I'll draw away both scries and possibly a night kill from the wolves, but it actually furthers the Team Evil goals by helping them by a huge margin.

If I'm evil, at the end of the day all seers will know about if and warn the whole place - fine, lynch me then.

But now, the only one who has a suspicious (and/or damaging) behavior is you. Sorry. :smallannoyed:

Wouldnt the seers, in the process of warning people, disclose their identities ? :confused:

Fan
2009-01-18, 08:25 AM
Well, they still have to find out their "real names" in order to kill them right?
Then again this is complicated, so I may just be confuzzled.
Yes, that is my new word Confuzzled.:smalltongue:

Bayar
2009-01-18, 08:34 AM
Well, they still have to find out their "real names" in order to kill them right?
Then again this is complicated, so I may just be confuzzled.
Yes, that is my new word Confuzzled.:smalltongue:

But each wolf except for the voider gets a scry and a name to write in the note...

So yeah, dont think that revealing yourself will do any good...

The Neoclassic
2009-01-18, 08:34 AM

So, to kill three birds with one stone here, I shall:
Provide a counterargument.
Explain a bit about the version of mafia that I have played
Find out if I understand how this game works, by people pointing out if my logic for the first thing on the list is totally off its rocker.

Vague claims of a role are suspicious. At least, when I played mafia, people would make such claims, and nearly 40% of the time, they would actually be members of the mafia. No one's identity, not even the detective's, could be proved, so most of the time there would be two alleged detectives: one real and one fake (a mafia member). I realize that in this game there are several more seers, but I guess my point is that even if a seer checks you out and says "Thumbs up, she's clear", couldn't someone from the Kira also masquerade as a seer amd claim that you are an enemy sort? Or, more threateningly, vice versa. Again, I am still muddling through exactly how things work in this game, so if I am confused here, I retract my statement. :smallsmile:

Trixie
2009-01-18, 09:00 AM
Wouldnt the seers, in the process of warning people, disclose their identities ? :confused:

No, as the Kira won't have their name, and, far more importantly, they can warn us through a proxy. Of course, the wolves can fake being such a proxy, but when it turns out that their 'advice' killed someone good, they are promptly lynched in return.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-18, 09:02 AM
:sigh:
All your logic is flawed.
:sigh:

It's friggen' day 1.

Trixie
2009-01-18, 09:08 AM
Vague claims of a role are suspicious. At least, when I played mafia, people would make such claims, and nearly 40% of the time, they would actually be members of the mafia. No one's identity, not even the detective's, could be proved, so most of the time there would be two alleged detectives: one real and one fake (a mafia member).

Or, you know, the man in question might be actually innocent and have a good role. That's why I said I'll disclose both my role and name on day two - if I won't, lynch me. If it will not be what three seers saw - they will quickly expose me - or we will have three wolves who try to masquerade as them on the platter, when they "expose" me and after lynch I'll turn out to be exactly what I claimed.

I realize that in this game there are several more seers, but I guess my point is that even if a seer checks you out and says "Thumbs up, she's clear", couldn't someone from the Kira also masquerade as a seer amd claim that you are an enemy sort?

First, such Kira supporter would have to know my name and role - which is why I'm not giving it out on this day. If they do scry me, and contact me giving this info - they stand to lose their seer, which makes them so far less dangerous that it isn't funny. As for how exactly we will determine who is a seer and who not - we'll, if seers would kindly scry me they will see why I have confidence that any bad apple will be quickly pulverized :smallamused:

Korias
2009-01-18, 09:12 AM

:smallannoyed: Now look who's jumping to conclusions. While you are new, it still doesnt change the fact that its day one, as Dallas said. All our logic is flawed.

:smallsigh: Personally, I'm getting tired of early game logic getting me lynched. Suspicion be damned- Everybody's suspicious at this point. I dont want to see new players go, it keeps the game exciting and changing, but sometimes it just happens that way. Using that Mafia example, I was an Alpha in one of those (Grand Templar) and I double bluffed my way through for a while as a friggin fencer (I'm surprised nobody caught me on day two. It was a stupid way to RP, through a detective tailing my actual persona :smallredface:) But no doubt I was immediately targeted by the detective for being that dubious that early on. The same applies here: By extending your neck for the chopping block, people will automatically assume that you're a good guy for sayin you'll take one for the team. Personally, if you ARE Kira, I dont think we can wait that long for you to reveal your role.

Lamech
2009-01-18, 09:20 AM
Okay... trixie your a gonner 'cause there is no baner... although I do believe we are finding good amounts of information for day one.

Secondly, I would like to let you in on a secret, posting draws attention to yourself. This a)means the wolves are more likely to kill you and b) people are more likely to lynch you. So don't do it with out reason, and you can' really defend yourself on day one.

Third, the vast majority of claimed roles are honest. The only way to fake being a sherrif is by catching wolves, so either both catch wolves, and at five people both get lynched, or the sherrif catches wolves and the wolf gets lynched. The nurse can be a proxy for the sherrif and much the same thing happens. And most people don't claim fake power-roles here, wolves all just claim villager.

Recaiden
2009-01-18, 10:34 AM
In my experience, only one person who claimed a good role to avoid lynch was telling the truth, and this was late in the game, and they were nightkilled the next day. So I'm sorry Trixie, but I'm letting my point stand.

The Neoclassic
2009-01-18, 10:48 AM
Or, you know, the man in question might be actually innocent and have a good role.

Everyone claims to be innocent. Getting defensive is not going to help your case. I am not saying you are certainly with the Kira or a liar, I am just pointing out that at this point, we should not just take your word for it. If you'd take note, I haven't even voted for you yet.

That's why I said I'll disclose both my role and name on day two - if I won't, lynch me. If it will not be what three seers saw - they will quickly expose me - or we will have three wolves who try to masquerade as them on the platter, when they "expose" me and after lynch I'll turn out to be exactly what I claimed.

First, such Kira supporter would have to know my name and role - which is why I'm not giving it out on this day. If they do scry me, and contact me giving this info - they stand to lose their seer, which makes them so far less dangerous that it isn't funny. As for how exactly we will determine who is a seer and who not - we'll, if seers would kindly scry me they will see why I have confidence that any bad apple will be quickly pulverized :smallamused:

OK, I see your point, though... If someone comes out as a seer to disprove you, can the Kira seer look up their name the next day, and then whack them? So, your ploy could even be to lure one of them out so that can happen. Not saying it is necessarily the case, but in a game such as this, it is foolish to not consider all the possibilities. :smallcool:

Fan
2009-01-18, 11:22 AM
Actually... Recaiden :cough: I had a good role in Samsh bros, AC III, AND Memesville... All of which I was lynched in despite accurate role claims.
:smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-01-18, 11:29 AM
OK, I see your point, though... If someone comes out as a seer to disprove you, can the Kira seer look up their name the next day, and then whack them? So, your ploy could even be to lure one of them out so that can happen. Not saying it is necessarily the case, but in a game such as this, it is foolish to not consider all the possibilities. :smallcool:

So what if he does? Seers use proxies, and at best a proxy will be killed. It is the whole point - to contact seer with someone trustworthy to both protect them and to allow them to safely spread their info.

Okay... trixie your a gonner 'cause there is no baner... although I do believe we are finding good amounts of information for day one.

Um, isn't a voider a baner? Can't he protect someone during a night? :smallconfused:

Well, even if he isn't, and I die following day, it is still imperative that at leas one (and preferably all) seers scry me, for Team Good's victory over Kira :smallsigh:

BTW - can we talk at night, or is it a completely silent phase (is there any rule for it)? :smallconfused:

Bayar
2009-01-18, 12:38 PM
Baner protects scryer = Scryer wont die during the night
Voider negates scryer = Scryer cant scry during the night

Trixie
2009-01-18, 12:45 PM
Then, frankly, he is useless, unless he knows all roles.

Recaiden
2009-01-18, 12:48 PM
Um, isn't a voider a baner? Can't he protect someone during a night? :smallconfused:

BTW - can we talk at night, or is it a completely silent phase (is there any rule for it)? :smallconfused:

No, they cancel another power role's action. If you were the voider, I think you'd probably know that from your role PM.

We can talk at night.

Voiders are not useless. But they get more useful later in the game, and are not as powerful as baners.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-18, 01:17 PM
its not the night phase yet right? I have little idea about whats going on in the thread here as I'm having trouble looking at past pages, I can only see the posts shown as I make this post. I'm going to point at Shadow I suppose as he's seemed to have pointed at himself.

Shadow
2009-01-18, 01:20 PM
Wow. Drama.
:amused:
See what happens when I decide to lynch myself on day one? Just kidding.

You guys are screwed though. Not only is Trixie's plan completely and utterly flawed (as I expected it would be, because almost all day one "plans" are) but unless you guys decide to do a bit of editing very soon I'll be dead as well.
I say as well because Trixie's a goner, what with all this talk of "how important" he is.

So I was nice for nothing, because now both of us are dead.

Nice. :smallannoyed:

*changes point back to Trixie to try to save my own hide, yet again, even after I've tied the noose around my own neck

If you think it's a bad idea to change back, consider this:
The Kiras have a voider as well. Who do you think they'll be targetting every night? Even if they don't kill Trixie, he becomes a "villager" because of all his spouting.
If you had to choose between keeping a villager, between myself and him, who do you choose? He's already gotten you guys in a whole bunch of hurt as it is.
No offense Trix, but you have.

Trixie
2009-01-18, 01:36 PM
You guys are screwed though. Not only is Trixie's plan completely and utterly flawed (as I expected it would be, because almost all day one "plans" are) but unless you guys decide to do a bit of editing very soon I'll be dead as well.
I say as well because Trixie's a goner, what with all this talk of "how importatnt" he is.

So, my hunch about you being wolf was right, after all, ech? :smallamused:

"Being nice" approach didn't worked, so you're backtracking now?

I'm sorry people, he is right about one flaw in the plan - namely, the prospect of me living to the end of third day. He is, hovewer, deeply wrong about the rest of the plan - if only because he is aware only of visible part. The entire plan will become clear to seers who learn my role, and to everyone when I'll tell it. So, please, stick to it.

Okay, I'm willing to add an additional incentive. I'll reveal my name and role during the night phase, I won't wait to second day. I reconsidered, as the Kira's probably already send scry requests and will have them then already. Just please, don't ruin everything when we are so close and point at the Shadow :smallsigh:

Bayar
2009-01-18, 01:38 PM
Trixie. Because I hate to see someone being so full of himself and his "fool-proof" plan. :annoyed:

Shadow
2009-01-18, 01:41 PM
So, my hunch about you being wolf was right, after all, ech? :smallamused:

"Being nice" approach didn't worked, so you're backtracking now?

I'm sorry people, he is right about one flaw in the plan - namely, the prospect of me living to the end of third day. He is, hovewer, deeply wrong about the rest of the plan - if only because he is aware only of visible part. The entire plan will become clear to seers who learn my role, and to everyone when I'll tell it. So, please, stick to it.

Okay, I'm willing to add an additional incentive. I'll reveal my name and role during the night phase, I won't wait to second day. I reconsidered, as the Kira's probably already send scry requests and will have them then already. Just please, don't ruin everything when we are so close and point at the Shadow :smallsigh:

I edited in the following, reposted for your sake.

If you think it's a bad idea to change back, consider this:
The Kiras have a voider as well. Who do you think they'll be targetting every night? Even if they don't kill Trixie, he becomes a "villager" because of all his spouting.
If you had to choose between keeping a villager, between myself and him, who do you choose? He's already gotten you guys in a whole bunch of hurt as it is.
No offense Trix, but you have.

And you'll see as soon as you scry me tonight that I'm just a Regular Joe.
Oh wait, you won't get one because you'll be VOIDED every SINGLE night!

Shadow
2009-01-18, 01:49 PM
*snip*

The point is that in most games there are people we would love to see lynched and there is absolutely no question of lynching you so as to keep newcomers away from the game. We love to see newcomers in these games. So lose the chip on your shoulder. If anything it makes you seem more likely to be on team evil. I've made huge allowances for your being new, but some of the things you have said would put anyone else right at the top of my suspicious list if they had said them. I think that may well be why you have so many votes at you.

Also you said:

On the other hand, we have a veteran player, who would be a great addition to Team Evil - and, now that he had a bandwagon behind him, a new counter-bandwagon trying to save him formed conspicuously fast.

Been there, done that. You have no idea how many times I've been saved from lynch by a counter bandwagon even though everyone wanted me dead. And people KEPT seeing that as suspicious, rather than seeing the truth which is that I was in contact with masons and seer because I had been scried, and because a number of other people recognised from what I said that I was not only on team good, but a very useful member. I have never ever been saved by a counter bandwagon (that I can remember) when on team evil. In fact, I don't think I've ever been lynched with a significant counter-bandwagon in play. And if I have you can guarantee that most of team evil were pointing at me not the other guy.

I think the conspicuously fast counter bandwagon to save him is for two reasons:

1) People know how good he is and realise he'd be very useful as a villager.
2) People find you trying to lynch him very suspicious, and since the counter bandwagon is against you, they can kill two birds with one stone.

Remember that team evil is in the minority here, so getting a counter bandwagon going is very difficult for them. Doing it makes them very obvious and easy to find.

Anyway, lecture over so I point at Murska because it's becoming a tradition and I like traditions.

Quoted for truth!
Lose the chip on your shoulder and stop dealing in such ABSOLUTES on day 1 fer crissake!

I pointed at myself so that maybe the bickering would end. Instead, you've managed to make it worse. I don't want to see what happens by day 4 or 5 at this rate.

EDIT:
I don't care of you're "L", fer crissake. PLaying like THAT you're going to do FAR more damage than good.
--Anyone that disagrees with you is a Kira and must die!-- Not only does that attitude make you seem condescending, but it's no fun for anyone. If you're going to be like that, you'll definitely do more damage than good here, regardless of your Role.

Trixie
2009-01-18, 02:37 PM
And you'll see as soon as you scry me tonight that I'm just a Regular Joe.
Oh wait, you won't get one because you'll be VOIDED every SINGLE night!

Eh... Even if so, so what? My ability, while potent, is not very important - what's important is giving seers someone they can trust. After that, they can void me to the tenth dimension for all I care. :smallsigh:

Can you guys do Team Good a big favor and keep me alive to the first night so I can use my abilities fully before they kill me? After that, do whatever you want.

Shadow, I appreciated your beginning post, as I said myself, but while you're talking about losing chips on the shoulder I cannot but wonder why are you suddenly so nervous. Are you a Kira, by any chance? :smallsigh:

See, if you're a villager, then sorry, as I see it you'll contribute less than me, at least for the moment. I don't know you - maybe you're Rommel and Bonaparte rolled into one, who can win a WW game by himself against a hundred wolves, fine, but for now you're only doing everything you can to stop potentially fatal setback to the Team Evil... And in strangely suspicious way.

Trixie
2009-01-18, 02:49 PM
PLaying like THAT you're going to do FAR more damage than good.
--Anyone that disagrees with you is a Kira and must die!-- Not only does that attitude make you seem condescending, but it's no fun for anyone.

Condescending? I'm sorry, where? Anyway, if you read it that way - I'm sorry, that wasn't certainly my intention. I see no posts that might be offensive to anyone in the last 18 hours, but I'm only a regular human, making mistakes like everyone. In fact, I tried to go out of my way to specifically NOT to do that. :smallsigh:

As for wolves - well, they do say even paranoid people are right sometimes, isn't they? It's just... that you changed your behavior awfully fast, from being good Uncle Joe when it looked that you've got a chance, even pointing at yourself to make a good PR - and then suddenly reversed heading accusing me of everything, pointing flaws this way and that, grasping at straws in the rules, offending me once or twice - and you're telling me it isn't suspicious?

That the person who pointed on himself and told us that he doesn't want to look at that game anymore is doing everything ha can to muddy waters and remain in it? I don't know you, it might be a perfectly normal behavior for you, but to me it seems you're doing it either out of spite or some hidden reason to remain in the game, which you can't share.

Shadow
2009-01-18, 03:07 PM
See, if you're a villager, then sorry, as I see it you'll contribute less than me, at least for the moment. I don't know you - maybe you're Rommel and Bonaparte rolled into one, who can win a WW game by himself against a hundred wolves, fine, but for now you're only doing everything you can to stop potentially fatal setback to the Team Evil... And in strangely suspicious way.
Start reading here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2713826#post2713826) and finish until the end of the game.
I went on a bloody rampage when the game was all but lost to us. Bloody as hell. And it wasn't the first or last time that it's happened.
Basically, the answer to your question is: Yes, sometimes I can.

In regards to your next post, I've already answered that question.
I pointed at myself to stop the arguing and give the new guy a chance to play. I come back a day and a halk later and it's gotten worse, not better.
I changed my mind.

I won't debate this with you any longer however. We're tied.
Let the masses decide.

TRM
2009-01-18, 03:12 PM
Trixie.

I've just changed my point four times in one day. On a day one.

There's a reason we keep Shadow around, he's damn useful. Trixie, after claiming this power role so openly and publicly has become almost useless. If he's actually good, he'll be dead and/or voided tonight or within two days (presumably, the rules say "and maybe their real name" for Kira's scry). That's not very useful. I'm not willing to trade Shadow (who is almost certainly going to be useful) for Trixie who may or may not (because her usefulness, even as a power role is now compromised) turn out game changing.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-18, 03:29 PM
My ability, while potent, is not very important - what's important is giving seers someone they can trust. .
I see your ability here.
You can do what every villager can do! Play proxy!:smalltongue:

I'm not even gonna take you seriously anymore.....

Lex-Kat
2009-01-18, 03:44 PM
Okay, can we please stop the drama now? I have PMd him and done what some of you couldn't, it seems. I politely asked him to stop. So now I ask all of you the same. Stop.

Istari
2009-01-18, 03:51 PM
Dragoon is away so I'll end today in a few hours and update a little while after that

Edit: Day ends now update will come later

The Neoclassic
2009-01-18, 07:03 PM
I point at Bayar. He strikes me as a reasonable, calm dude (and I know I've seen him somewhere else 'round these forums. Maybe I stole his banner? I think that's it). Anyway, yeah. Just too cool not to have a secret plan.

*Prods politely*

Istari
2009-01-18, 07:04 PM
Note: Unfortunately I won't be able to give anyone scry results yet since I don't know Dragoon's system for a few things so hopefully he will be able to send them to you soon. I am sorry for any inconvenience this might cause, I'll extend the night phase to compensate for the delay and thanks for your patience.

It was a confusing day for everyone at the exam, two people were murdered and points were flying left and right.
Eventually two people became the main spectacle of the day, Shadow and Trixie
"Shadow is a good pick for an alpha"
"No I'm not"
"I have a power role"
"I have uber wolf finding skillz"
"I haz plan"
"Your plan sucks"
Eventually the majority decided to vote Trixie off the island.
So Trixie walked down the hallway of shame to meet her fate.

Trixie was lynched he was Michael Davis a mason

Day 1 ends Night Begins and ends 24 hours from when Dragoon gets those scries out

Dragoon
2009-01-18, 10:07 PM
The clock is ticking, 24 hours til daylight, so get your night actions in. You know who you are. And another warning, I like to use people in narration, usually based on IC comments, so just warning people.

Those that have secret roles are reminded that mentioning them in game thread may result in powers being null and void.

Griever
2009-01-18, 10:32 PM
Crap........ :smallfrown:

Shadow
2009-01-19, 04:17 AM
Really?
All that fuss over a Mason? :smallconfused:

So Trix.... Not that you can answer this, but were you planning on just handing the Mason list over to whoever "scried" you? Because that would've been a HUGE mistake. And with how fast you were going to die after all that hubub about how important you were, you wouldn't have had much choice but to do just that.
Call me an idiot, but I'm glad that I stopped you, if that's the case.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm fairly certain that I'll be dying tonight or tomorrow anyway. Or the next night. Whatever. It didn't really matter which of us was lynched because the other would most certainly have been killed soon after.

Also, if it makes the rest of you feel any better, I'll do what Trixie was planning on. I'll tell you who I am.
I'm a graduate (villager) named Luthor Moriarty.
*points at sig and giggles* :smallamused:

banjo1985
2009-01-19, 04:37 AM
Not great, but better than losing a seer or a voider. Let's see what tonight holds...

Bayar
2009-01-19, 04:52 AM
Really?
All that fuss over a Mason? :smallconfused:

So Trix.... Not that you can answer this, but were you planning on just handing the Mason list over to whoever "scried" you? Because that would've been a HUGE mistake. And with how fast you were going to die after all that hubub about how important you were, you wouldn't have had much choice but to do just that.
Call me an idiot, but I'm glad that I stopped you, if that's the case.

I imagine that all the masons would have just died...kinda like in the original Death Note (only that they were FBI agents).

Murska
2009-01-19, 08:48 AM
Hm. :smallannoyed:

Dragoon
2009-01-19, 10:31 PM
Quite a few people had problems sleeping, after all, a good friend had died. A few others were afraid they would in fact be the ones dead. Griever in fact seemed more depressed than usual, it seems people had found out that about his little secret and his attempt to show who was boss fell on deaf ears. Then again, perhaps he couldn't tell because of mask. He rounded a corner and found Reinholdt, Murska, bayar, and Vampiric sitting there quietly, four of the few who could actually eat. He joined them, shaking his head. None were speaking, a few would stare at the others, looking for signs of guilt. A pair of eyes was watching the group, laughing. Ryuuk had been surprised that a human had tried to find him, this was even more entertaining than last time. The paranoia was just as bad, and this time, he wouldn't have to worry about who he followed. The quiet noise of food being eaten vanished after the five left.

Morning came, and as Ryuuk knew, no one else had died yet. It was fun knowing the truth, knowing who was going to die. The question he had was, how? He kept to himself watching the soon to be graduates wake up, perhaps a few would get over what happened to eat. Humans are always interesting to him.

Day phase ends in 48 hours. Ok, I lie, it will be about 49 hours. Stupid lab.

Auto-lynch warning (remember points in Red)
Murska (first warning)

Shadow
2009-01-19, 10:45 PM
Oh noes! Shadow got a mason lynched on day one! [/sarcasm]

OK, we all know exactly what happened. And we all know that I even said that I didn't care what role he had.
That plan, had it been carried out as we expect, could have indeed done more damage than good.
And we all know it.

But I also know that the masses are a fickle group.
They'll want to be knowing exactly who I am today. so I'll start the pointing off today by pointing at Shadow, because you know you want to.

The way I see it, we may just learn something.
Of course the individuals that we were looking for would have wanted me dead on day one if possible, so they may have been pointing at me early. But then Trixie claimed something he shouldn't have, so they may have gone that way instead.
But then again, they may be hiding behind another name, intent on staying out of the action of the day, because that's really the safest thing to do.

Basically, the day was a mess.
Who do we think would harbor the majority of the Kira's votes? Me, a person claiming a Role, or a random?

I'm going to vote for myself until I decide where I should be looking with my microscope. I mean, why not? You all know that I can be an asset, but I can also be extremely dangerous too. Wouldn't it make sense to find out exactly who I am?
Hmmmm??????

Of course, I also expect a fair amount of dialogue today, but we all know how this is going to turn out.

Griever
2009-01-19, 11:15 PM
The frowning Griever sat with the other gentlemen, his eyes red from no sleep.

He fell. He fell hard. We must plant our feet before we also fall, gentlemen. Before he then laid his head in his face, in a semi-sleep, he eyed Murska long and hard.

Lex-Kat
2009-01-19, 11:30 PM
Dallas-Dakota

Murska
2009-01-19, 11:39 PM
Griever. I wonder if Shadow's been controlled.

EDIT: Murska carefully eyed the others. This Kira had arranged such a show... Tells something about his personality. And maybe he couldn't control his acting perfectly, maybe the postures, the movements of the others would reveal something...

Hyozo
2009-01-20, 02:29 AM
"http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q281/iceddragons/Iforposts.png" looks around the room and considers who may be under the control of the Kira. "Murska" had already voiced suspicion that "Shadow" may not be acting under his own will, but another perrson's silence bothers "http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q281/iceddragons/Iforposts.png" more.
*coughLexKatactedlikethisonetimeshewascontroledinU SB2wheezeIamIkesneeze*
"http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q281/iceddragons/Iforposts.png" decides it is more important to think about who might be a Kira. While trying to decide if "Reinholdt" or "The_Rogue_Monk" seemed more likely to be willing to use the notebook of death he once again bumps into "lamech".

The Neoclassic
2009-01-20, 12:38 PM
Shadow has been acting oddly, and therefore I am liable to think that killing him is probably our safest bet right now.

Fan
2009-01-20, 12:50 PM
:smallsigh:, I'm actually in doubt as to who Shadow really is, and with him being such a great analyst I'd wager that he was worth a scry before we butchered him IF he is wrong.
Points at QueenFange

Vampiric
2009-01-20, 02:58 PM
Hmmm.... I think Fanboy has a point. Shadow may well be the embodiment of chaos, but I think he was mostly telling the truth yesterday.

Murska also has a point. The kiras would be foolish to not have targetted Shadow last night, assuming he isn't one himself.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Fin
2009-01-20, 03:18 PM
Bayar, you got a little too hot under the collar when a new player wanted to try something they at least thought would work, even if nobody else did!

Griever
2009-01-20, 03:20 PM
Shadow has been acting oddly, and therefore I am liable to think that killing him is probably our safest bet right now.

It seems likely that Shadow is under the control of the Kiras and has been told to point at himself and try to get lynched. (Which would waste one of our lynches on a moot point when Shadow dies in the night)

Pushing such an agenda strikes me as wolfy, Queenfange.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-20, 04:39 PM
The opposite of 'Fin' is 'Nif'.
And 'In with Nif' sounds really weird.

So Fin it is.

The Neoclassic
2009-01-20, 04:49 PM
Well, is he any danger to us if he is still alive? If he's not really, then I will retract my vote and find someone more suitable. I just have yet to find anyone who strikes me as too suspicious yet, sadly. :smallfrown:

Allysian
2009-01-20, 05:05 PM
I would say bayar. He seems suspicious. For the same reasons Fin said. Hmm, thoughts.

Murska
2009-01-20, 05:29 PM
I suppose I'll point at Bayar.

Boo
2009-01-20, 06:28 PM
Looking back, we can get information off of day one. I'll point at Mr. Dallas-Dakota for now since he's proven to be a skillful, low profile player. Such a player as he would prove to be useful, and after having played a small amount with him, I think it's possible that he's a wolf.

We should also look at the martyrs of this game. Lex, Reinholdt, etc. Some people could take advantage of the knowledge that no one would listen, and make themselves look less suspicious by attempting to sacrifice themselves.

Besides the attempted 'an heroes', we should also look at a few other people. Bayar, Murska (I wouldn't be surprised if he was chosen), and Vampiric among others.

No, I guess I'm not being very specific here, am I?

Murska
2009-01-20, 06:34 PM
I would be suprised if I was chosen. See what happened in Fears... oh wait. Well, yeah.

Boo
2009-01-20, 06:56 PM
Well, I wouldn't really recommend people to choose you, but if the alpha has a sense of humor, they would have for the sake of 'tradition'. Still, I'd suggest looking into DD for now. Everyone with low profiles, but enough skill to be considered useful. >> Not including myself, of course.

Lex-Kat
2009-01-20, 07:45 PM
Well, is he any danger to us if he is still alive? If he's not really, then I will retract my vote and find someone more suitable. I just have yet to find anyone who strikes me as too suspicious yet, sadly. :smallfrown:

Shadow is, as it has been said, a great player. But he has no tells that I have found, but I am relatively new to this game.

I'll put it this way. He's a player you normally want around, until it is decided that it's too dangerous to have him around. Which is not yet.

But, that's just the way I see it.

Boo
2009-01-20, 07:57 PM
Hmm? Oh, Uncle Dan has his tells, it's just that right now they aren't around. If he's a wolf, it'll be somewhat obvious by day 10 or so. Until then, just watch him do his thang.

Shadow
2009-01-20, 10:43 PM
It seems likely that Shadow is under the control of the Kiras and has been told to point at himself and try to get lynched. (Which would waste one of our lynches on a moot point when Shadow dies in the night)
Because IF that were true (I'm not saying it is, but IF it is), then why would you want to lynch another graduate in my place?
Lynch me, a claimed Graduate, and see that I'm telling the truth.
If you lynch another, it's the same as giving the Kiras a second kill, assuming that I AM being controlled.
If I'm NOT being controlled, then maybe I'm doing this because I want you all to see my role right now so that we can actually LEARN something from yesterday's MESS!

Recaiden
2009-01-20, 10:48 PM
Lets get Murska I might as well put that poster to use. And I really don't think anyone'd pick Shadow.

Raistlin1040
2009-01-20, 10:49 PM
Points at FF Fanboy

Boo
2009-01-20, 10:49 PM
What? You mean the fact that I, Tom Tommy Tomson Tommingham, am suspicious of DD for talking so much yesterday? And not only that, but how he talked? >> Just saying he's suspicious.

This just in: My cat is giving an analysis.

hgggggggggggggggggggggggggggujhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Murska
2009-01-20, 10:55 PM
Because IF that were true (I'm not saying it is, but IF it is), then why would you want to lynch another graduate in my place?
If you lynch another, it's the same as giving the Kiras a second kill, assuming that I AM being controlled.
If I'm NOT being controlled, then maybe I'm doing this because I want you all to see my role right now so that we can actually LEARN something from yesterday's MESS!

Okay, that's it. He's controlled and been told to try and get himself lynched. Now who'd do such an evil deed...

Shadow
2009-01-20, 10:58 PM
Okay, that's it. He's controlled and been told to try and get himself lynched. Now who'd do such an evil deed...

Nope. Not at all.
Yesterday was a complete MESS! We need information. Information that THIS course of action will give us!
This isn't the first time I've attempted to sacrifice myself for the good of the group, nor will it be the last.
This is the RIGHT thing to do, and you all KNOW IT!

Reinholdt
2009-01-20, 10:58 PM
What I don't understand is that I figured they would need at least one night to learn the name, then another night to write it down while more names were learned. :smallconfused:

Oh hey look. A ninja.

Murska
2009-01-20, 10:59 PM
What I don't understand is that I figured they would need at least one night to learn the name, then another night to write it down while more names were learned. :smallconfused:

Didn't Shadow reveal his name in the thread aswell. Even though actually revealing the REAL name would be a bit un-Shadowy.

At least in the last Death Note, I could get a name during a night and then write it down during that same night.

The Neoclassic
2009-01-20, 11:12 PM

That's kind of my logic in voting for him...

Murska
2009-01-20, 11:15 PM
That's kind of my logic in voting for him...

He is assuming that we're lynching an innocent. If we just assume we'll lynch an innocent anyway, why won't we just stop lynching at all. :smallannoyed:

Lamech
2009-01-20, 11:33 PM
bayar, might be bad?

Jontom Xire
2009-01-21, 02:39 AM
I point at Shadow.

I don't believe in all that stuff about learning something from yesterday, but if he is being controlled, and I've read the rules right, then he's going to die even if we don't lynch him, so we may as well prevent the Kira getting an extra kill, 'cos right now we don't really have any leads. We're almost as blind as on day 1.

Bayar
2009-01-21, 04:30 AM
Bayar, you got a little too hot under the collar when a new player wanted to try something they at least thought would work, even if nobody else did!

Nah, not really. The fact was that trixie just kept on going about how bulletproof his plan was, and went on and on and on ... I just found it annoying.

Holding that against me would be like saying: "Hey, he joined the trixie bandwagon ! Lynch him ! " .

Griever. I wonder if Shadow's been controlled.

I suppose I'll point at Bayar.

So, when you saw that no one is pointing at Griever, you jumped on the bandwagon ? Kind of suspicious to me, Murska.

The Neoclassic
2009-01-21, 08:10 AM
He is assuming that we're lynching an innocent. If we just assume we'll lynch an innocent anyway, why won't we just stop lynching at all. :smallannoyed:

Because chances are we will vote someone to death today, so we might as well vote someone who is going to die soon anyway rather than two innocents dying. That said, I'm still considering changing my vote.

banjo1985
2009-01-21, 09:35 AM
I don't really buy any of the big bandwagons today, and there is no way I'm voting to lynch Shadow after all the hoo-hah about keeping him alive Day 1. I'll go for Fin again, for traditions sake.

Reinholdt
2009-01-21, 10:53 AM
dallas-dakota

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-21, 11:29 AM
Shadow -He's trying to confuse us.

Aemoh
2009-01-21, 11:36 AM
*points at Queenfange*

Cause I've been wanting to for a little while now.

Griever
2009-01-21, 11:49 AM
I point at Shadow.

I don't believe in all that stuff about learning something from yesterday, but if he is being controlled, and I've read the rules right, then he's going to die even if we don't lynch him, so we may as well prevent the Kira getting an extra kill, 'cos right now we don't really have any leads. We're almost as blind as on day 1.

Right there, that part, that bolded part.

Shadow is already, for all intents and purposes, dead.

So we have two options, use the only tool that we villagers have (the lynch) to attempt to kill a wolf, or we can waste aforementioned tool (the lynch) and give the wolves a free day of not being shot at.

Brilliant plan. [/sarcasm]

Murska
2009-01-21, 01:45 PM
I find it really rather odd how people are actually pointing at Shadow. I mean, the logic of 'we better kill a dead person than lynch an innocent' might SOUND good but it is completely false. For one, the only way for a villager to gain information is via the thread, lynchings. If we do lynch Shadow, we get NO information at all. NONE! That means a WASTED DAY, giving the wolves another night to kill stuff. It's exactly the same as voting for no lynch until a seer comes forward with the wolf list. It just doesn't work that way. :smallannoyed:

Bayar
2009-01-21, 03:40 PM
Pointing at shadow to save my own ass.

Still think that Murska is screwing with the group here...

TRM
2009-01-21, 05:14 PM
Bayar. Do we have proof that Shadow is being controlled? It seems strange to lynch him based on this "evidence." I know most of us have played with Shadow; he acts like this all the time.

Murska
2009-01-22, 08:34 AM
Bayar. Do we have proof that Shadow is being controlled? It seems strange to lynch him based on this "evidence." I know most of us have played with Shadow; he acts like this all the time.

Not to mention that to lynch him even if he IS controlled is, as pointed out before, unwise.

Jontom Xire
2009-01-22, 09:36 AM
Good points, Murska, but this is day two and I for one have no evidence, and thus no confidence that we have any realistic chance of lynching a bad guy.

However, controversy is great for analysing voting patterns, so I'm going to stick with raising controversy today and see how people point. Does pointing at Shadow make you more suspicious in my eyes? How about arguing against it? How about not pointing at Shadow but neither arguing against pointing at Shadow? Only I know those answers. Except I don't until I go back and analyse it all. When I get time that is.

Murska
2009-01-22, 09:58 AM
Good points, Murska, but this is day two and I for one have no evidence, and thus no confidence that we have any realistic chance of lynching a bad guy.

However, controversy is great for analysing voting patterns, so I'm going to stick with raising controversy today and see how people point. Does pointing at Shadow make you more suspicious in my eyes? How about arguing against it? How about not pointing at Shadow but neither arguing against pointing at Shadow? Only I know those answers. Except I don't until I go back and analyse it all. When I get time that is.

Or they might control you tomorrow and have you tell us you've analyzed your points and decided that an innocent person is evil. :smallwink:

Dragoon
2009-01-22, 01:07 PM
Just a heads up everyone, I'm ending the day in about 8 hours, to make up for the server problem yesterday.

Griever
2009-01-22, 01:14 PM
bayar, due to bayar not being Shadow and therefore being informative via lynching.

Dragoon
2009-01-22, 09:43 PM
The soon to be graduates were confused, someone was offering to let himself be killed, though enough of the group seem to disagree. Ryuuk was laughing, seeing how the voting went, it looked like it was over for bayar. Though it was obvious he didn't want to walk to the hallway. Though eventually Griever himself had pushed him down the hallway. Once the doors closed, bayar tried to leave through the second doors, but was stopped by the locked door. He just stared, waiting, as if this was deja vu all over again. He sat down, hoping the idiot would let him live, it was stupid to kill his teammate, right? He looked up as he realized that Ryuuk was floating above him. His eyes widen in horror as he saw the shinigami write something in the book, as he tried to stop him. It was to no avail as he walked down the hallway, entered the password, and fell down, his heart stopping before landing with Michael Davis.

A name flashed on the screen, Nathan Peeters, who everyone could tell was never part of the academy. It looks like one of the intruders were killed. A couple of cheers erupted, though only those that cheered could tell who sounded out.

bayar was lynched, he was one of the Kira. More info in the morning. Those with night actions please send them in. You know who you are, 24 hours til morning.

Bayar
2009-01-23, 07:17 AM
Why have you forsaken me, God ?

Boo
2009-01-23, 07:19 AM
Because he hates you. :smallsmile:

Dragoon
2009-01-23, 10:42 PM
Just letting everyone know that night has been extended 4 hours to deal with the server problem.

Griever
2009-01-23, 11:29 PM

I point at Shadow.

bayar was lynched, he was one of the Kira. More info in the morning. Those with night actions please send them in. You know who you are, 24 hours til morning.
:smallamused:

Jontom Xire
2009-01-24, 05:44 AM
Yeah, yeah, Griever, but let's face it, while I haven't been following the thread very closely, I didn't see any evidence against Bayar, so that was, basically, a fluke.

And in retaliation I'd like to say:

However, controversy is great for analysing voting patterns, so I'm going to stick with raising controversy today and see how people point.

Dragoon
2009-01-24, 11:34 PM
The graduates spend time looking through both Trixie's and bayar's room. Michael Davis was definitely one of the graduates, he was somewhere in the middle of class grade wise. Upon searching through Nathan Peteers's room, it becomes obvious that he was one of the Kira, with part of the code, "sh." Unfortunately, it doesn't give anymore info. It could end up being that the other people had longer parts of the code. The worst part for everyone was, that the person had no death note in their room. Did "Mello" get it, or are the other Kira hiding it?

Griever had though about it while standing, waiting for the others. His joke about Tony Danza was to lighten the mood, though for some reason he felt called to look down the hallway that the condemned went down, he saw a piece of paper on the ground, picking it up, he saw,

Benjamin Hart, dies at the end of the second night, walks down the hallway to see what happens to those that dies. Tony Danza bites the dust.

He hadn't been paying attention to his feet, though he realized that he was now standing at the end of the hallway.

As everyone gathered around, they noticed a new name on the screen, and after careful searching, Griever was missing. It looks like Kira finally struck.

Griever was killed, criminal was he. Day ends in about 48 hours, barring forum shut down. Send in day actions if you have them.

Auto-lynch warning
One warning
Aether, Artemis97, catseye2121, Cpt. Soup, hap_hazard, Korias, Moon_Called,

Murska
2009-01-24, 11:43 PM
'kay... Queenfange.

TFT
2009-01-24, 11:45 PM
Aether then

Griever
2009-01-24, 11:47 PM
But... I'm.... the..... bos..s..........

Artemis97
2009-01-25, 12:20 AM
I can't believe I managed to miss the first day in both of the games I'm in. Not cool.

*points at Catseye2121*

Aemoh
2009-01-25, 03:23 AM
Blue Umbrella, seems as good a target as any other.

Reinholdt
2009-01-25, 03:43 AM
Catseye2121
Mostly a hunch based on auto-lynch list and alpha game.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-25, 06:33 AM
Catseye2121, I know me joining this bandwagon might be a bit suspicious. But his profile currently seems right.

Bayar
2009-01-25, 08:22 AM
But... I'm.... the..... bos..s..........

PWN'd ! :smallbiggrin:

Recaiden
2009-01-25, 03:21 PM
Catseye2121 I hope we're right.

TFT
2009-01-25, 04:48 PM
:smallsigh: All I'll say on the subject is that if you look at what I have done in past games(Even Death Note 1, IIRC), I always seem to miss at least one day...

(Reinholdt, can you expound on the auto-list lynch comment, because I don't think I've interperated it correctly)

Lex-Kat
2009-01-25, 05:48 PM
Moon_Called wake up!!

Vampiric
2009-01-25, 08:28 PM
I don't like the look of Catseye's bandwagon...

I'm going to go for Reinholdt.

Lamech
2009-01-25, 10:42 PM
EDK, I think I might have a good reason...

Aether
2009-01-26, 04:18 AM
Um, Lamech because he's the poster above and I don't want to get auto'd again!

Jontom Xire
2009-01-26, 06:02 AM
Dallas-Dakota pointed at Fin who started the bandwagon against Bayar who was a kira. DD wasn't the only one.

Shadow
2009-01-26, 06:08 AM
I'll buy that for now since it's so early.
dallas-dakota

banjo1985
2009-01-26, 06:08 AM
Catseye :smallconfused:

Jontom Xire
2009-01-26, 06:41 AM
Having now completed my vote analysis, I have this to say about the Catseye2121 bandwagon:

1) It grew too quickly and too fast.
2) It was started by someone I think is very suspicious.
3) At least one other vote is by someone I think is a kira.

Can we please lynch someone more likely to be suspicious. A close lynch of a bad guy is always a good source of suspicions. Let's use it.

Recaiden
2009-01-26, 07:55 AM
I have reconsidered, and find Dallas-Dakota, Jontom Xire, as well as Catseye suspicious. Of course, he could actually just be a concerned villager.

Boo
2009-01-26, 11:04 AM
Dallas-Dakota pointed at Fin who started the bandwagon against Bayar who was a kira. DD wasn't the only one.

I had already stated that DD was a likely target to be chosen by Kira because of his low profile. This early in the game, it's best to go with evidence such as this than a hunch.

Lamech
2009-01-26, 12:43 PM
Dallas-dakota by special request...

Fin
2009-01-26, 12:51 PM
Cool, the DallasDakota-Wagon seems sound enough to me. Especially considering pointing at me was a mitigating factor... Bad Dallas!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-26, 12:52 PM
Huh?

Well this bandwagon struck up quickly, especially that post by Shadow seems suspicious.

Also, I have a low profile?

Ok, nice to know.

You'll all find out that I'm just a villager.

Great, now I'm being lynched in two games on the same RL day....:smallsigh:

For my defense? I don't really have anything, except that I've been random pointing and just looking at the evidence posted in the thread.

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-26, 01:11 PM
Recaiden

Allysian
2009-01-26, 06:26 PM
Jontom Xire doesn't seem right. Doesn't feel right.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-26, 06:55 PM
I'm starting to regret getting into this game, the lag on the server for me as become excruciating as I seem to be only free to go on when my connection goes south...

*blindly grasps around for a target.*

So Dallas Dakota is suspicious? I'll probably change for to whoever makes a post wider then my hand, I doubt I'll read it but its all about the size isn't it?

Dragoon
2009-01-27, 02:46 AM
Yet again, the graduates decided to send another to there deaths, the question was, who? There was a storm of people pushing for catseye2121, however, a few more people stopped the group from pushing him toward the entryway. They then turned their gazes toward dallas-dakota. After two minutes of staring, he realized he wouldn't get away from them. If I can avoid someone else innocent death, then I die at this point. He walked confidently into the hallway. The door closed as his name appeared on the screen. Carter Smith. Almost everyone recognized him, the jokester of the class, too bad about the voice changer made it impossible to tell it was him. Everyone went quietly on their way. The Kira could hear Ryuuk laughing, though they didn't quite get the joke.

dallas-dakota was lynched, he was an academy student

Night ends in 24 hours, plus or minus a few minutes for updating.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-27, 03:44 AM
As Ryuuk was laughing, Carter made a brave stand, but wasn't up to it.
His final words, he screamed them out. Chills got up to every spine. LLAMA.....LLAMA......DU The last word being cut off as he was devoured...slaughtered....NOM'd.

Boo
2009-01-27, 05:00 AM
Tomorrow I'd suggest we lynch Catseye. Why? If he turns out to be a Kira, then we will have a good idea of who to lynch the following days. If not, then it's a bad test.

Sorry, DD, but you looked like a good pick for Kira. At least you weren't an important role, yeah?

Dragoon
2009-01-28, 11:47 PM
The night was quiet for most people, after finding out that Griever was in fact planted, his "crimes" include running a bar without a liquor license, a MIP, and lastly, giving alcohol to minors. Aether shook his head, if that is what Kira considers a crime worth the death penalty, would jaywalking be sufficient enough to be killed over?

Queenfange and Korias ended up double checking bayar's room, since they thought it strange to have no death note in there. However, the fruitless search revealed nothing.

Ryuuk was very interested in what had happened. He was still having fun, though it was a good thing for him only a few people could see him, after all, he would have scared a couple he flew behind, being within a few inches. He watched as everyone walked into the main room, slightly worried that all of them would start to fall. Though the smell of rotting flesh started to freak people out. It looks like in people's worry about catching Kira and his followers, the poor head instructor's body was left alone. Now everyone's nose was paying the price.

Day ends in about 48 hours, sorry about the lateness.

Auto-Lynch Warnings
Aether 1
Artemis97 1
catseye2121 1
cpt. soup 1
FF fanboy 1
hap_hazard 2
iceddragons 1
Korias 2
Moon_Called 2
Queenfange 1
Raistlin1040 1
The Rogue Monk 1

TFT
2009-01-29, 12:24 AM
I actually agree with Blue Umberella here, if you lynch Catseye2121 it will really clear things up

Yes, I DO know that is me.

Jontom Xire
2009-01-29, 03:37 AM
I have been contacted by L who says that Blue Umbrella is a kira.

So did no-one die last night? It is day now, right?

I am somewhat confused by this game.

Dragoon
2009-01-29, 04:27 AM
Yes it is Day 4 now, sorry about not being clear. :smallredface:

And yes, no one died last night, the instructor died day 1 and since no one did anything with him, I figured that eventually he'd start decomposing. That's all.

banjo1985
2009-01-29, 04:37 AM
Looks like Catseye was controlled. If Jontom's got a lead that's as good a reason as any. Blue Umbrella.

Boo
2009-01-29, 05:07 AM
Jontom, I hate to break it to you, but your contact is lying.

L is for LIE :smallsmile:

I find it odd that you're so willing to follow an unconfirmed (and deceitful) contact.

I'm going to wait a bit before I point. Until then, I'll just say that Catseye pointing at himself indicates that it will be a pointlessly bad test if we kill him.

Allysian
2009-01-29, 07:53 AM
So you'd rather we lynch you? Hm. I don't like it, so I'll point at Fin.
Edit: What am I doing? Jontom Xire is the suspicious one. .....I think. I hope i'm not wrong....:smalleek:

Murska
2009-01-29, 07:59 AM
Blue Umbrella.

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-29, 12:00 PM
Emperor Demonking

The Neoclassic
2009-01-29, 12:31 PM
Emperor Demonking

Intriguing... Being controlled most likely? I guess that's the only possible explanation.

And Catseye is controlled too? And agrees with Blue Umbrella.... I dunno what to think of this. Either Blue Umbrella is a very unsubtle kira, or someone else is trying to frame Blue Umbrella. Or Blue Umbrella wants us to think someone is framing Blue Umbrella... Oy. I'll need to think on this a bit.

Murska
2009-01-29, 01:36 PM
Hm. If the Kiras indeed have NO OTHER USE figured for the fact that they can CONTROL people than to make them point at themselves, I say they're boring. I'm beginning to suspect people pointing at themselves to avoid lynch because they saw us protecting Shadow the first time it happened.

Reinholdt
2009-01-29, 02:20 PM
Hmm. There's a couple of possibilities. Catseye is being Kira-controlled to vote for himself. The basis of this is how Shadow did so earlier. But Shadow hasn't keeled over yet so there's no confirmation, and even if he did so now there'd be no confirmation.

It's possible they're doing it purely for defense now. It's even possible that they are Kiras doing it. Not sure yet.

It's also possible Jontom Xire was kira controlled into saying what he did and pointing at Blue Umbrella. I do find it a bit odd he'd come out so early after all.

The problem is... I'm already heavily suspicious of Blue Umbrella. In addition to Catseye (yes I believe him to be pulling the bluff and is in fact a kira). But I'd prefer to lynch BU today in the off-chance Catseye keels over dead at the end of the day.

Shadow
2009-01-29, 05:12 PM
Hm. If the Kiras indeed have NO OTHER USE figured for the fact that they can CONTROL people than to make them point at themselves, I say they're boring. I'm beginning to suspect people pointing at themselves to avoid lynch because they saw us protecting Shadow the first time it happened.

I'm not sure I agree with this assessment of the situation. I'm pretty sure that they've figured this fact out by now. And I'm pretty sure I want to point at Jontom today.

TFT
2009-01-29, 09:03 PM
I am, in fact, NOT BEING CONTROLLED BY A KIRA. I repeat, I AM NOT BEING CONTROLLED BY A KIRA. If I was, there would be no reason I would be saying it repeatedly. I am in fact able to point anywhere I want, the whole day. I could vote for Shadow, or maybe Murska. I honestly think(thought maybe) if you lynched me, you'll see a couple of things.

Lex-Kat
2009-01-29, 09:06 PM
I'll vote with Shadow and Point at Jontom.

Lamech
2009-01-29, 09:46 PM
Hmm... Catseye2121

TRM
2009-01-29, 10:41 PM
Blue Umbrella?

Boo
2009-01-29, 11:37 PM
I am, in fact, NOT BEING CONTROLLED BY A KIRA. I repeat, I AM NOT BEING CONTROLLED BY A KIRA. If I was, there would be no reason I would be saying it repeatedly. I am in fact able to point anywhere I want, the whole day. I could vote for Shadow, or maybe Murska. I honestly think(thought maybe) if you lynched me, you'll see a couple of things.

Unless you're a kira, there's no point. If you're anything but, then it's a wasted test (and if you're a mason, that's very bad for the good guys).

I'm dead no matter what this day since people always jump onto bandwagons when it's a [fake] seer day. No point in voting.

People I'd look into are Murska, Reinoldt, Queenfange, Lamech and Jontom.

I'd say one of two things are happening. Either JX is being controlled to say that he's been contacted, OR a controlled person contacted JX. If it's the third option, and it's actually a Kira pretending to be the seer, then wow are they dumb.

I don't really suspect TRM... mostly because he can be quite the patsy when it comes to these things. No offense to him.

I'm the least (yet somehow most) important role in this game, for those of you who are going to ask.

I think Shadow is a criminal, as well. Although I don't really care.

Reinholdt
2009-01-29, 11:44 PM
Actually, you know, I think there's a simple enough test to see whether Jontom is being controlled.

Jontom, would you change your point? Anyone else you suspect will do.

I think his response come the time Jontom usually gets on to play should tell us a number of things.

TFT
2009-01-30, 12:20 AM
I say there is good evidence that Jontom Xire is controlled. His post seemed short, and he seems like the type of guy who would understand this game. Its out of character for him to be talking the way he is. I'm going to check and see if he was in the orgional death note...

If Jontom is controlled , I have a feeling Banjo may be a kira. He jumped on that bandwagon pretty quick. Maybe trying to start it up?

Aether
2009-01-30, 02:51 AM
Ugh. First time I've managed to get to the forums, much less the giantitp website at all, this whole week.

Reinholdt.

Random point so I won't get auto'd.

Jontom Xire
2009-01-30, 03:33 AM
Actually, you know, I think there's a simple enough test to see whether Jontom is being controlled.

Jontom, would you change your point? Anyone else you suspect will do.

I think his response come the time Jontom usually gets on to play should tell us a number of things.

Reinholdt, you should know me well enough to know I hardly ever change my point.

I totally believe that the person who told me that Blue Umbrella is a kira is L.

Boo
2009-01-30, 03:43 AM
I'll see you later, Jontom. I wonder when it will be that you die. Tonight? Tomorrow? It would appear that you're being controlled. Although if you don't die five nights from now, I'd suggest for people to lynch you.

Right now, I'd suggest keeping a watchful eye on the people I've already specified.

Reinholdt
2009-01-30, 03:44 AM
So very not Jontom-like at all. We spent half the game in Classic once questioning whether DD was actually the seer or trying to trick us. And he didn't change his point. I'm going to classify that under can't change his point despite what Jontom says.

Lynching Blue Umbrella and Jontom Xire is an utter waste of time.

I'm really interested in finding out what Catseye2121 wanted to show us now. And I urge all of you to stop voting for either of the two previously mentioned.

I think either Banjo or Catseye is a kira. Probably not both, though.

Fin
2009-01-30, 03:49 AM
Meh!

*is confuzzled*

Catseye2121

Boo
2009-01-30, 03:56 AM
Since there's hope of me not dying today, I'll point at Catseye, even though I think it's a waste of time. Sorry, buddy. I simply believe I'll be contributing more to this game than you. >> That was unintentionally arrogant...

I'm more likely to believe these people are wolves. Not all of them, but at least half.

Murska
QueenFange
Banjo
Reinholdt
Lamech
Lex-kat

I'll try to explain later. If I die, then you go without explanation, and I still have a smile on my face. :smallsmile:

Boo
2009-01-30, 04:29 AM
Alrighty, I just finished walkin' me doggy.

Murska was far too willing, and without explanation as to his choice.

Queenfange may very well be acting the cod.

Banjo, and Lex were attempted martyrs. Banjo is less suspicous with that, and more so with his easy following. He's a good enough analyst to not jump on JX's one line points. Lex has no other evidence against her past being an attempted martyr when it was obvious that she would be ignored.

Lamech... well, I just don't trust him.

Reinholdt is also a possibility. He may very well be helping to save me to avoid suspicion.

I'd just like to say that Murska, above all, seems the most suspicious. If I weren't busy trying to save my own arse, I'd be pointing at him.

Murska
2009-01-30, 08:05 AM
Hmm. Okay, since I got killed off in Forest I took a look at this game.

If the forums didn't lag like hell, I'd go check the first page for any mention of how many Death Notes there are. If there is only one, I have a sneaking suspicion that the user has targeted Shadow and Jontom Xire. This is very probable and seems just like what many people would do with their kills; target the best players first.

Thus, Blue Umbrella is not evil. Catseye might be.

Oh, and Blue Umbrella: If you list is indeed at least 50% true, I'm gonna be rather amazed. It's very unlikely to have such a large accuracy so early. Not to mention that I know one of 'em to be innocent anyway.

Boo
2009-01-30, 08:18 AM
I said that? >> Sometimes I don't pay attention to what I write...

My guess is that two of those six are Kira's, not 50%. If I managed to stumble across four, then wowzers.

Lex-Kat
2009-01-30, 09:46 AM
Lex has no other evidence against her past being an attempted martyr when it was obvious that she would be ignored.

I think I'm hurt by this accusation. :smallfrown:

Not the part where you think I'm suspicious, but that you think I just wanted attention. When I tried to Martyr myself, I was thinking, WWLD?

Trixie was a newbie and I wanted to give her a chance. I also REALLY wanted to lynch Shadow on the first day, for the first time. :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2009-01-30, 10:08 AM
Meh, I have two defences to that really:

- I always want to test possible seers out to see if they're trustworthy, even in a game where control is always an option.
- If I was a Kira the last thing I'd want to do is martyr myself. I got a small bucketload of votes on Day 1, if was a Kira I wouldn't bring myself back into any kind of spotlight.

My vote stays, because I think Catseye may be a power role, and you're the only other viable lynch in terms of votes. I think we're picking between a good power role and a good villager, so neither options great I guess.

Hyozo
2009-01-30, 12:45 PM
"http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q281/iceddragons/Iforposts.png" still doesn't trust Lamech

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-30, 01:22 PM
posting then.. I pick Catseye2121, not because I think he's a kira, well maybe a dense kira. Well if he's what he's implying that he is.. then maybe theres something to what he's saying.

The Neoclassic
2009-01-30, 01:27 PM
I'm going to go with Catseye2121. Seems the best bet at this point.

Artemis97
2009-01-30, 04:43 PM
Gah... so much logic flying about. Ya know what I want to know?

Why is Blue Umbrella pink?

Fin
2009-01-30, 04:46 PM
Gah... so much logic flying about. Ya know what I want to know?

Why is Blue Umbrella pink?

Good point, Blue Umbrella why are you pink?

...and where's my hat!?

TRM
2009-01-30, 05:07 PM
Catseye2121.]

I hate forum lag.

Boo
2009-01-30, 06:51 PM
I think I'm hurt by this accusation. :smallfrown:

Not the part where you think I'm suspicious, but that you think I just wanted attention. When I tried to Martyr myself, I was thinking, WWLD?

Trixie was a newbie and I wanted to give her a chance. I also REALLY wanted to lynch Shadow on the first day, for the first time. :smalltongue:

I assure you that I meant no disrespect by it. But when there are two enormous bandwagons, martyrs will be left alone most of the time.

@pink question: Early participation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102623).

Tomorrow I'm going to point at Queenfange. She looks like a good enough possibility.

Recaiden
2009-01-30, 07:35 PM
Jontom Xire

TFT
2009-01-30, 08:48 PM
It looks like I'm doomed anyways...

I am a plain old villager(student in this case).

Neither of the bandwagons that day would have gotten a wolf. Now we have wasted two days. However, I think that a couple of the votes against me are wolves, because they knew I would probably get lynched in any case, because of yesterday.

The Neoclassic
2009-01-30, 09:07 PM
Argh... I am so bad at knowing whom to trust. I am innocent, so I grow wary of Blue Umbrella pointing at me. For some reason, I kind of trust Catseye... But I am terrible at reading people I don't know that well online. I'd unvote, but I don't want an autolynch, frankly.

I'm going to change my vote to Banjo1985. Kind of a crapshoot, but he seems to be slightly suspicious but still managing to fly under the radar.

Mr. Moon
2009-01-30, 10:20 PM
:smalleek:
Imgonnadieimgonnadieimgonnadie....

Shadow!

Because a vote for Shadow is never a wasted vote! And I don't havet time to read what's happened today. >>

Dragoon
2009-01-31, 03:04 AM
Ryuuk watched gleefully as the group of the graduates tried to find the rest of the Kira. He knew the truth, but it would ruin his fun if he told anything. Humans were always interesting, always interesting.

Blue Umbrella and catseye2121 stood staring at each other, while people stood behind the one they were going to lynch. The votes came in, and much to catseye2121 chagrin, he felt a few people start to push him to the door. He heard a couple of people say I'm sorry, and one, "I hope you burn for your crimes Kira."

Upon walking into the room, the name Thomas Ruiz appeared. Everyone seemed to remember that name as one of the students in class.

Unfortunately, it was another graduate dead.

Night ends in 24 hours, get your actions in, pm's are outbound.

Aemoh
2009-01-31, 10:52 PM
Quick note to the narrators and anyone who'd care: Currently in the process of moving. No auto-lynchy please? :smallsmile:

Should finish up within a couple days.

Dragoon
2009-02-01, 03:39 AM
The night was once again quiet, the only two awake were hap_hazard and Shadow, they had started talking about who they thought were Kira. It had to be the safest place to stand next to the place where everyone went after being picked. They had decided to with great difficult move the body down the hallway, after all, they didn't want to have to deal with the smell, or possibly flies. "So, just curious, your real name isn't, Luthor Moriarty is it?" Shadow looked at the man confused, he looked like a puppet for a minute before he fell, collapsing, Shadow had started to move away, unsure of what just happened. Did the Kira try to place the blame on him, after all, he had been one that had covered his face, a scarf he had, so it wasn't like the Kira could get to him. As he made it to the door, he slipped. This wasn't right, his arm started to hurt before he collapsed.

FF fanboy was the first to make it to the area in the morning and had been highly surprised to see two new names. One, a Lex Moriarty, and Henry Drake. Lex had been a classmate, and Drake sounded like a name of a criminal, though they don't remember why they have heard of it before. They also noticed that two other people were missing, Aemoh had left a note saying he would follow the majority if he didn't get his mask fixed before the voting ended, the other, Korias, or was it Shadowcaller had seemed to not be out this morning either.

Shadow was lynched, he was an academy student
hap_hazard auto-lynched, he was a criminal
And since Shadowcaller wanted to be on auto-lynch replacement, if he still wants to, he'll be replacing Korias, otherwise, either Istari or I will announce the name and role.

Day ends in about 48 hours, maybe longer if bad stuff happens.

Auto-lynch notice
Aether 1
Artemis97 1
Cpt. soup 1
FF fanboy 1
hap_hazard 1
iceddragons 1
Lex-kat 1
Moon_Called 2
Queenfange 1
Raistlin1040 2
The Rogue Monk 1
Vampiric 1

TRM
2009-02-01, 10:26 AM
Auto-lynch Notice
The Rogue Monk 1
Vampiric 1
I voted yesterday. For catseye2121.

Dragoon
2009-02-01, 03:21 PM
About how I do auto-lynching, you get three days of no voting, and it does not have to be in a row. Also, Korias is being replaced by Shadowcaller.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Fan
2009-02-01, 04:37 PM
I point at Queen Fange she just seems fishy to me.

Lex-Kat
2009-02-01, 05:03 PM
I'll point at Jontom Xire, as I don't remember why I changed my vote to nothing. :smallconfused:

Boo
2009-02-01, 05:20 PM
Queenfange, for reasons beyond human understanding.

The Neoclassic
2009-02-01, 06:32 PM
I am not a kira, a criminal, or any similarly sketchy character. I would be far less indecisive if I was a kira, as then I would feel powerful and be less worried about accidentally murdering off innocents during daytime voting.

The Catseye bandwagon turned out to be an unproductive idea, as he was just a student. Right now, Jontom, Blue Umbrella, and Banjo are at the top of my suspicions list. Trouble is, I don't know which of them are innocent and whom amongst them is a kira (I am pretty sure that one of them is).

Iceddragons mentioned Lamech, but hasn't said much else lately. I'm curious what's up with that.

Dinnertime... I'll post more later I am sure.

Allysian
2009-02-01, 06:42 PM
Jontom Xire.....? Uggh! I don't know! It's so confusing...:smallfrown: