PDA

View Full Version : The ending of the strip... DUHDUHDUHDUHHHHHHH

Prosper
2009-01-15, 11:38 PM
So Celia will die [thankfully] and then when the rest of the party try's to raise Roy but he will resist to be with Celia. Then Haley will take a fatal hit for Elan and die but her interrupted secret turns out she is an outsider and can't be raised so Elan commits suicide to be with her. Durkon is traveling back to his homeland when he is attacked by a powerful monster and dies. Then V-man and Belkar fight to the death but in Belkars last moment he kills V-man. Then in the after-life Belkar tortures Miko for the rest of eternity!

GSFB
2009-01-15, 11:40 PM
No.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN!!!!

Prosper
2009-01-15, 11:44 PM
GSFB
Don't dis Pink Floyd at all UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:belkar:

chiasaur11
2009-01-16, 12:02 AM
Better ending:

Bob Newhart wakes up, tells his wife to wear more sweaters.

Optimystik
2009-01-16, 01:10 AM
Needs more O-Chul.
lolwut

Elfey
2009-01-16, 04:28 AM
Better ending:

Bob Newhart wakes up, tells his wife to wear more sweaters.

And she tells him no more Japanese food before bed.

Oh and how is any of this a happy ending for Elan?

RMS Oceanic
2009-01-16, 05:29 AM
Haley wakes up in bed, with long hair. She goes to find Elan in the shower:

:haley:: Oh Elan, I had the strangest dream. We were in a world based on Dungeons and Dragons, and a psychotic halfling stabbed everything and there was no fourth wall, while hobgoblins conquered a city and some idiot assassin cut off my hair...!
:elan:: Shh, it's alright, Honey...what's "Dungeons and Dragons"?
:haley:: ...

Vizen
2009-01-16, 06:04 AM

:haley:: Oh Elan, I had the strangest dream. We were in a world based on Dungeons and Dragons, and a psychotic halfling stabbed everything and there was no fourth wall, while hobgoblins conquered a city and some idiot assassin cut off my hair...!

Too much Family Guy for you. Tsk, tsk. :smallbiggrin:

RMS Oceanic
2009-01-16, 07:08 AM
Too much Family Guy for you. Tsk, tsk. :smallbiggrin:

Hey, Dallas did it first. :smalltongue:

Z-dan
2009-01-16, 07:27 AM
Hey, Dallas did it first. :smalltongue:

true, but that episode of Family Guy was on the BBC last night :smalltongue:

RMS Oceanic
2009-01-16, 07:29 AM
true, but that episode of Family Guy was on the BBC last night :smalltongue:

I wouldn't know. I have seen that episode in ages. I remember the all-a-dream ending and "Left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot..."

Assassin89
2009-01-16, 08:38 AM
*stabs poorly told and uninteresting ending*

I doubt Rich would take the RPG World way and kill the main characters so easily, not to mention that this would in no way advance the plot of the comic.

Raging Gene Ray
2009-01-16, 08:56 AM
So...I notice you didn't mention the villains...soooooooo, what? Are we just gonna leave 'em?

I doubt Rich would take the RPG World way and kill the main characters so easily, not to mention that this would in no way advance the plot of the comic.

I doubt the OP was even the slightest bit serious and had too much sugar.

Optimystik
2009-01-16, 09:44 AM

*Carefully takes away stabbing knife*

I think OP was joking... and the RPG world guy bailed because he became Animation Director for the Venture Brothers, which I personally do not begrudge him for in the slightest.

Sylphy
2009-01-16, 10:21 AM
Wow...that ending is very Emo. I sure doubt (hope) that Giant does not swing in that direction.

Llama231
2009-01-16, 10:38 AM
needs more thog.

Fixed.^:smallbiggrin:

Keinnicht
2009-01-16, 10:58 AM
Nale: Elan...I AM YOUR FATHER!
Elan: NOOOOOO!!!!
Vaarsivuus: That's the final straw. I'm quitting this comic.

littlequietguy
2009-01-16, 04:52 PM
Prosper my dear friend, you have a lot to learn before you can start a real pointless theory thread.

Still good job for first try.

Oslecamo
2009-01-16, 06:14 PM
Vaarsivuus: That's the final straw. I'm casting locate city bomb.

I think this would also be interesting:smallbiggrin:

The Neoclassic
2009-01-16, 06:47 PM
Needs more O-Chul.

Yes, it does. Maybe some kind of Deus Ex Machina where O-Chul defeats the Snarl and the PCs end up totally gypped out of getting to by the stars of the final epic battle (whatever it may be).

xyzzy
2009-01-16, 07:23 PM
Well, first off, Celia isn't dying because she's an awesome character.

Second off, Roy wouldn't abandon his desire to save the entire world from being destroyed by Xykon or Redcloak or the Snarl so he can spend a few more minutes with his girlfriend. It certainly wouldn't be LG of him to refuse to be raised.

Third off, that wouldn't be a happy ending for Elan, who is prophesied to have a happy ending. So neither he nor Haley are dying.

OtOoPCs: Fourth, how exactly would Durkon bring death and/or suffering to the dwarves if he dies before getting there? Does someone take him?

Plus, why would he be traveling back to his homeland, anyway? It's his dwarven duty to stay put.

And why would Vaarsuvius and Belkar have a fight to the death? Vaarsuvius is only going to bother with him if he's in the way of Vaarsuvius either finding Haley or increasing heirs power.

And I'm aware this is supposed to be a silly theory thread, but the best silly theory threads are those that can't be refuted or proven, but can be adamantly stood by until the end of time (or until they're Jossed (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Jossed) (I really just included the TVTropes link to annoy SPoD --- I couldn't resist, but I'd feel bad doing that without being upfront about it (though this kind of ruins the whole point (and admittedly at this point I don't care any more am and mostly just trying to get more recursive parentheses (because they're really fun (though it becomes unfun when you have to go back and count them all (like now))))))).

Greep
2009-01-16, 07:36 PM

wow that's horrible.. I was about to say the same thing. Slowly but surely, everything is becoming a simpsons and fmaily guy reference.

chiasaur11
2009-01-16, 07:56 PM
Well, then how about it all being the dream of Thog, while looking into a snow globe, whose parents are coal miners?

xyzzy
2009-01-16, 08:07 PM
Well, then how about it all being the dream of Thog, while looking into a snow globe, whose parents are coal miners?

I think this one is definitely right.

Either that or Shinji is dreaming all of this.

Kaytara
2009-01-16, 08:16 PM
I think this one is definitely right.

Either that or Shinji is dreaming all of this.

...Shinji? *facepalm*

Oh, wait. For a second I thought it was a hilarious misspelling the likes of which has repeatedly been seen before. Now I realize it's probably just an Evangelion reference.

Keinnicht
2009-01-16, 08:30 PM
wow that's horrible.. I was about to say the same thing. Slowly but surely, everything is becoming a simpsons and fmaily guy reference.

You think that's bad now, but you've failed to realize those shows are already co and self referential.

That's right, EVERYTHING is a reference to either the Simpsons or Family Guy. No exceptions.

Occasional Sage
2009-01-16, 08:50 PM

Or for accuracy, "Slowly but surely, everything is being referenced by The Simpsons and The Family Guy."

Greep
2009-01-16, 09:12 PM
Or for accuracy, "Slowly but surely, everything is being referenced by The Simpsons and The Family Guy."

... don't tell me that's an actual quote, that would be scary...

Tycho2
2009-01-16, 10:09 PM
Simpsons is better than family guy anyway.

And both are evil. :smalleek:

amuletts
2009-01-16, 11:23 PM
MiT is the Snarl. He really just wants stew. OOTS give him stew. He kills all the bad guys. They live happily ever after.

Moff Chumley
2009-01-16, 11:35 PM
Vaarsivuus: That's the final straw. I'm quitting this comic.

YES! white text is white

Roc Ness
2009-01-22, 08:26 PM
And I'm aware this is supposed to be a silly theory thread, but the best silly theory threads are those that can't be refuted or proven, but can be adamantly stood by until the end of time.

In that case my theory is silly. Here goes

MR SCRUFFY IS POSSESED BY THE SNARL!!! That means that 2 or 3 guild members can't be raised, which is revealed after Roy gets raised, so the guild chases them out of town, in the process of which Celia and Bozzok get killed. Vaarsuvius meanwhile finally locates them and is persuaded by Haley to take them to Elan and Durkon. There is then a lengthy trial scene in which Vaarsuvius and Belkar are arrested. This way Vaarsuvius is happy for peace and quiet and Belkar is forced to serve out his term.

Next Book thingy: ORDER HELPS TAKE BACK AZURE CITY. The Azure Fleet turns back toward Azure City. Meanwhile the Linear Guild are at Girards gate with a new band of recruits hoplessly lost in the middle of the desert, and Leeky and Pompey have been making their way north (unknowingly) to Kraagor's gate, where they stay to train. When the Fleet invade Azure city the jail ships which held Belkar and Vaarsuvius were destroyed by hobgoblins. Vaarsuvius was successfully rescued by Lien but Belkar is killed by Scruffy/Snarl (who escapes) before they free him. As it turns out Xykon and redcloak and a large troup had already left and the remaining hobgoblins were having a hard time dealing with the combined Resistance and the slave uprising. They find and ressurect O-chul, who then tells them of Xykons plans which MitD had told him during a game that checker thing on the day O-chul was killed.

This is my two copper pennies for the next two books (along the lines of War and Xps and No cure for paladin blues)

If you want I can tell you my remaining predictions

[TS] Shadow
2009-01-22, 09:30 PM
MR SCRUFFY IS POSSESED BY THE SNARL!!! That means that 2 or 3 guild members can't be raised, which is revealed after Roy gets raised, so the guild chases them out of town, in the process of which Celia and Bozzok get killed. Vaarsuvius meanwhile finally locates them and is persuaded by Haley to take them to Elan and Durkon. There is then a lengthy trial scene in which Vaarsuvius and Belkar are arrested. This way Vaarsuvius is happy for peace and quiet and Belkar is forced to serve out his term.

I smell epileptic trees...

Anywho, I have a feeling that the non-human half of the Order won't make it to the end of the story alive (except for Durkon...maybe.)

Xesirin
2009-01-24, 11:20 PM
It's waaaay too early to talk about the ending, really.

We have Nale and Sabine, who haven't been seen for a year or so, (RL time, not comic time) not to mention that there's two gates to tackle, and it's very unlikely that the Giant would be willing to end Xykon before the very last one, never mind the issues that stand.

Just my thoughts, though.