PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Cursed Items

Bugbeartrap
2009-01-16, 02:50 PM
Has anyone ever used (or placed as DM) cursed items in their game to great effect? I've never once run into one, and after looking up dust of sneezing and coughing, I was thinking of purchasing a necklace of adaption and using it this "cursed" item in case my fragile sorceror got surrounded.

Any stories? Ideas? Opinions?

sonofzeal
2009-01-16, 03:07 PM
Bag of Devouring makes a potent offensive weapon....

Assassin89
2009-01-16, 03:13 PM
If the BBEG is obsessed with jewelry, give said BBEG a Necklace of Strangulation.

You could also force a helm of opposite alignment onto the BBEG and make him your ally.

mregecko
2009-01-16, 03:28 PM
Helm of Opposite Alignment...

So that nasty BBEG that knows all of his secret plots, inside connections, locations of the Doomsday Devices, etc... Just got knocked to -3.

Hat goes on, hat goes off, hat goes on, hat goes off... Do this solid for about 3 minutes.

That's 180 times on and off.

One of those is bound to be a "1" on his Will save... In which case, that CE Drow just became LG.

And definitely wants to repent for all of the bad things he has done.

All this, for a puny 3k (if memory serves).

Best cursed item ever.

-- W

Dyllan
2009-01-16, 04:38 PM
I've used a few. I put armor of arrow attraction... paladin loved it until they charged the doors of the Crater Ridge Mines (I was running Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil)... those archers just KEPT rolling so well to hit him and miss the wizard...

Then there was the artifact I designed... more of an intelligent item than a cursed one... dagger with a huge ego score, loved to kill dragons - any dragons.

Its powers faded over time, and could only be recharged by stabbing a dragon egg (and absorbing the contents). After doing that, it would regain all its powers (+5, dancing, returning, dragon bane with the ability to teleport to its owner at will (its will, not the owner's) over any distance and point directly towards the nearest dragon), and gradually change alignment to match the alignment of the dragon whose egg it devoured.

Party member got it near the end of the campaign... killed an evil dragon... lost the will save and shortly after the campaign ended the dagger finally turned enough that she now wanders the land killing dragons everywhere, and taking the best of their equipment. She was a high level barbarian/fighter/dervish... That one was fun.

Canadian
2009-01-16, 05:01 PM
Public toilet seat. It must be cursed. It's always covered in piss. 24 hours a day 7 days a week. No matter where you go in any city there it is. I'd say they must be cursed at the factory. I never use the outhouse at the inn. I always go in the woods.