PDA

View Full Version : Predictions- the book after War & XPs

hamishspence
2009-01-16, 03:39 PM
My predictions:

It will have Belkar outline on the front, probably have green theme (as compared to War & XPs orange theme. (because there has been an ongoing theme of colour being associated with the main character of the story arc)

[TS] Shadow
2009-01-16, 03:43 PM
What about the title? I have no idea what to call it now, and there is still a bit left to go in this arc. I agree with the outline and color, though.

Kaytara
2009-01-16, 06:34 PM
My predictions:

It will have Belkar outline on the front, probably have green theme (as compared to War & XPs orange theme. (because there has been an ongoing theme of colour being associated with the main character of the story arc)

How so? Blue can be seen to represent Miko, but what about War and XPs orange? There is no hobgoblin main character. And what about the red of Dungeon Crawlin' Fools? Who does that represent?

It's probably simpler to assume that the colours represent themes rather than characters. So blue would stand for Azure City and all the quests tied to it, orange for the hobgoblin invasion. Which makes red the odd one out, so it was probably picked just because it looked flashy... Or maybe because of "Redmountain Hills?"

Earlier I thought Vaarsuvius was a far more likely candidate for the cover outline, but with his fake character development Belkar's case might be at least equally strong.

[TS] Shadow
2009-01-16, 06:39 PM
How so? Blue can be seen to represent Miko, but what about War and XPs orange? There is no hobgoblin main character. And what about the red of Dungeon Crawlin' Fools? Who does that represent?

It's probably simpler to assume that the colours represent themes rather than characters. So blue would stand for Azure City and all the quests tied to it, orange for the hobgoblin invasion. Which makes red the odd one out, so it was probably picked just because it looked flashy... Or maybe because of "Redmountain Hills?"

Earlier I thought Vaarsuvius was a far more likely candidate for the cover outline, but with his fake character development Belkar's case might be at least equally strong.

For cover colors, NCftPB was blue, which could be used for Roy, who wears blue armor. War and XP's was orange, which fits with Haley's hair color. Red for DCFs is the only that doesn't really fit, but as you said: it's probably flashy.

I pick Belkar for this book because he is getting his development now, a lot, the only development he's had, ever. With his death approaching, I doubt he'll develop much more, so he'll probably get this book. V will most likely get the next one, for I am almost 100% certain that he is going to do a lot of important stuff in that book. The stuff he's doing now is a teaser: wait till he goes off the deep end.

Kaytara
2009-01-16, 08:14 PM
Shadow;5652567']For cover colors, NCftPB was blue, which could be used for Roy, who wears blue armor. War and XP's was orange, which fits with Haley's hair color. Red for DCFs is the only that doesn't really fit, but as you said: it's probably flashy.

I pick Belkar for this book because he is getting his development now, a lot, the only development he's had, ever. With his death approaching, I doubt he'll develop much more, so he'll probably get this book. V will most likely get the next one, for I am almost 100% certain that he is going to do a lot of important stuff in that book. The stuff he's doing now is a teaser: wait till he goes off the deep end.

I agree 100% with the second part, but your reasoning for the colours seems a bit... random. I mean, Roy's armour is a dark blue rather than the book cover blue which also happens to be exactly the same shade of Miko's paladin cloak and the Sapphire Guard in general.
Haley's orange hair? Well, I suppose War and XPs IS the book where Haley gets most of her development.. But I'd just as rather link the orange to hobgoblins than to Haley's hair. It does sound neat, though. Maybe it's both. :smallbiggrin:

The Linker
2009-01-16, 11:56 PM
I agree 100% with the second part, but your reasoning for the colours seems a bit... random. I mean, Roy's armour is a dark blue rather than the book cover blue which also happens to be exactly the same shade of Miko's paladin cloak and the Sapphire Guard in general.

Not to mention, you know, it's called "No Cure for the Paladin Blues." Frankly, I'm not sure how you got Roy's armor out of that, Shadow. :smalltongue:

I'm also willing to link the hobgoblins to War and XPs. Sure, there's no hobgoblin main character, but that was still a pretty major color scheme for the arc itself, what with hobgoblins covering half of every frame. :smalltongue:

ref
2009-01-17, 01:30 AM
X marks the spotter.

xelliea
2009-01-17, 03:17 AM
DCF was red, NCFTPB was blue

red and blue!

that's why DCF was red, i think.

hamishspence
2009-01-17, 05:13 AM
Origin of PCs is yellow and has Durkon on the front, only yellow thing for him is his holy symbol.

Start of Darkness is dark grey with Redcloak on the front- maybe for his dark armour nad the general Dark Themes :smallbiggrin:

Castaras
2009-01-17, 05:33 AM
I think the book is going to be the colour which isn't on your list, with a character that you haven't mentioned on the front, and a title that noone has thought of.

:smallwink:

hamishspence
2009-01-17, 05:41 AM
possible. The main reason I'm calling Belkar is that, to me, he's been dominating the arc. His breaking the mark's rules, affliction, and epiphany (of sorts) seems like a strong character focus.

O-Chul, Therkla, V, Celia, none of these seem to have been focussed on this much.

Mc. Lovin'
2009-01-17, 06:41 AM
My predictions:

Not really the main character, Blue was because of the introduction of the Paladins, Orange was the hobbo's, but I agree with the green for this book

hamishspence
2009-01-17, 06:44 AM
I thought the orange was for Haley, though true, both could apply.

As I recall, the board game has green borders on the box- haven't got it but have seen it in shops.

Rad
2009-01-17, 08:56 AM
well, the land around the dungeon of Dorukan is red and the sky itself is red there. I think the colors reflect more the "ambient" in a broad sense than the characters, so we have Redmountain hills, the Sapphire Guard/Azure City and the hobgoblin invasion. Next book could be green for Belkar (and I'd agree he should get the cover) but it could also get purple (the rift, Kubota, corruption, sorrow, wait for Roy to come back). Giraard's gate is going to be purple-themed though, and the only green-themed gate was Lirian's, so green seems more likely, with purple reserved of next book (who will likely sport Vaarsuvius)