PDA

View Full Version : Maps! Looking for a continuation on Fallcrest/Nentir Vale!

SadisticFishing
2009-01-17, 01:17 AM
Okay, well I've been DMing 4e a few months, and for the first time, I used someone else's map.

And I loved it. The Nentir Vale was awesome, with tons of small details that I could expand upon (the Temple of Yellow Skulls was abandoned many years ago, and kobolds took over - but there was still one [completely homebrewed level 5 solo brute] demon left... trapped in a pentagram of golden skulls])... I even had the group go back in time and participate in the Bloodspear Wars!

But I've hit a road block. I've used most of the stuff in the Nentir Vale, that I plan on using (anytime soon, they'll be back though)... and I want a new, similar map.

This is a problem, I can't find a good one. I haven't looked as hard as I should have yet, but maybe people here can help :D

Basically, I need a map of an area, with towns in it. Small details like family crypts and forgotten towers would be cool too, but I can add those myself.

One prerequisite: I need a spot on the map that can be the Lichfields (an area in which the Shadowfell and natural world have sort of melded together, due to a rift, similar to one the group opened by mistake in the ruins Fastormel - now an Eladrin/fey city known as New Fastormel).

Anyone have any ideas? Useful tips?

RTGoodman
2009-01-17, 02:04 AM
Off the top of my head, what about a map of the Elsir Vale, which is featured prominently in the Red Hand of Doom campaign and the (4E) Scales of War adventure path from Dungeon Magazine (which takes place a generation or two after RHoD)?

Below in the spoiler is the version of the RHoD map that WotC has on its site, but I'll have to look and see if there's one for the SoW campaign. (If so, it'll be in Dungeon Magazine, but luckily for you it MIGHT be in the one of the ones still available for free.)

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/rhod_maps/95679.jpg

EDIT: Yeah, there is a slightly better map from the Scales of War article/adventure, and it's on pg. 6 of Dungeon 156, available HERE (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dutoc/156). I THINK you should be able to access that one without a D&D Insider subscription.