PDA

View Full Version : Help me design a template [Nosgoth Vampire]

Tormsskull
2006-10-17, 09:05 AM
Hey all,

Any fans of Legacy of Kain around? I'm trying to design a template for the various broods of Nosgoth vampires, and I'm wondering if anyone has taken a stab at these yet?

The first problem that I encountered is that while they are undead, they cannot be destroyed simply by lowering them to 0 hp. You have to either burn them, throw them in water, expose them to direct sunlight, or devour their soul a la Raziel.

What kind of mechanic should I use for this? When traditonal D&D vampires hit 0 hp they turn into mist and escape, but these guys need to be able to regenerate, jump back up and start fighting right away. I want to say something like "Cannot be reduced to 0 hp unless it is through one of the specific means" and then list the ways that they can be reduced to 0, but I'm not sure if thats ounds really confusing or whatnot.

Anyhow, if anyone has already done these guys or wants to try their take on it, post your ideas here please.

Thanks

Ashtaroth
2006-10-17, 02:07 PM
Seems to me like a great idea, and I don't think just listing means of disposal is too confusing. :)
Are you creating rules for soul-devouring antiheros while you're at it?

Were-Sandwich
2006-10-17, 02:48 PM
Replace their DR with Regeneration, only bypassable by Fire. They are already vulnerable to being immersed in water and sunlight, so job done.