PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy IX D20

Darksword
2009-01-17, 10:52 AM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/8/8e/FfixLogo.jpg

Introduction

Hey. You may not know me because I am rather new, but have decided to undertake a new massive project. My last attempt was not popular, and that is fine. I have been inspired by Zeta Kai, the creator of several projects notably Final Fantasy X, to undertake a new project. Final Fantasy IX.
I once attempted to do a full conversion, and I found out it was impossible to do it. There is little continuality between each game so I decided to take a Zeta Kai approach to it.
So Why IX, while there are several reasons. First it one of my favorite in the series. Second many others it would be hard to do, specifically, 7,8,12 because each character does not have a unique progression.
However when I am complete with the main stuff I will do bonus content. Bonus content will include other classes that have appeared in other games, and specifically ones that NPC posses, like redmages. However I am getting ahead of my self. With out further ado, I present Final Fantsy IX.

Darksword
2009-01-17, 11:01 AM
Reserved for Table of comments

Darksword
2009-01-17, 11:04 AM
The World Timeline, Cultre, Technogly ect.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/2/22/Worldmapffix.gif

Darksword
2009-01-17, 11:20 AM
Races[/SIZE]
NOTE: this section replaces the races found within the Player’s Handbook (pages 12-20).
Races from the Player Handbook. These races are identical to their PHB counter parts/
Hume
Drawf
Drawfs are not a major race but appear and Deserves metion.

Darksword
2009-01-17, 11:45 AM
Black Mage
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/1/1f/FFIX-BlackMage-Concept.jpg
Blackmages are more than a class, in IX they are a race. A race of constructs. Although it is a class, the years of study that is required means there are limited numbers of Blackmages from other races. Also most Blackmages are soulless constructs, a Player Character Blackmage has it own free will and destiny. She, however, will be haunted by the fact of who she really is.
Racial Traits

Medium: As medium creatures Blackmages gain no advatges or disadvantges
Humanoids: humanoids traits
Speed: 20ft
3 str, no con(8), +3 int: A Blackmage is a construct, even though it does nto have the contruct type, it lacks constitution (For Hp treat as having a Con of 8). Also A BM is not very strong but has a lot of Knowledge and spell Power.
MP: A Blackmage starts out with 5 extra mp, and gains 2 more every time she levels up.
+1 on will saves against Mind control.
Once per day a Black Mage can use Dominate as a spell like ability. It can effect up 7 targets, but they most have a total HD less then him. In addition he can only use it on mindless Blackmages.
Langue: Common
Favorite Class: BM

Zeta Kai
2009-01-17, 11:29 PM
I was wondering when someone would take up the mantle & do another one of these. I say more power to you, Darksword. I played FFIX (although my second disc wouldn't play, so I never finished it :smallfrown:), & from what I can tell, it was well-suited to a D20 conversion. If you need anything, just let me know.

Darksword
2009-01-18, 11:30 AM
Thank you. I will. I will have races and one class up by tomorrow.

Darksword
2009-01-18, 06:40 PM
Ok I am having some troubles with the races and I realy wanted to get the classes done so here is the blackmage.
Credit: Zeta Kai,
BlackMage

BlackMage
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/2/2d/Vivi_Ornitier_character.jpg
Hit Die: d4.
Class Skills: The Black Mage’s class skills (& the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Decipher Script (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), & Use Magical Device (Cha).

Skill Points at 1st Level: (2 + Intelligence modifier) × 4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Intelligence modifier.

MP per Level: 5d6+20.

Table 2-6: The Black Mage
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Reflex Save|Will Save|Special
1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Black Magic
2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|Bonus feat
3rd|+1|+1|+1|+3|
4th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Level 2 Black Magic
5th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Extra Spell
6th|+3|+2|+2|+5|Bonus Feat, Level 3 Blackmagic
7th|+3|+2|+2|+5|
8th|+4|+2|+2|+6|Level 4 Blackmagic
9th|+4|+3|+3|+6|Extra Spell
10th|+5|+3|+3|+7|Extra Spell, Bonus Feat
11th|+5|+3|+3|+7|LEvel 5 Black Magic
12th|+6/+1|+4|+4|+8|
13th|+6/+1|+4|+4|+8|
14th|+7/+2|+4|+4|+9| Bonus feat, Level 6 Black magic
15th|+7/+2|+5|+5|+9|Extra Spell
16th|+8/+3|+5|+5|+10|Level 7 Black Magic
17th|+8/+3|+5|+5|+10|
18th|+9/+4|+6|+6|+11|Level eight Black Magic
19th|+9/+4|+6|+6|+11|Extra Spell
20th|+10/+5|+6|+6|+12|Extra Spell, Bonus Feat, Level Nine Black Magic[/table]
Class Features
All of the following are class features of the black mage. See level progression on Table 2-6: The Black Mage for more information.
Black Magic (SP): Starting at levle 1 the Black MAge has the power to cast Black MAgic. They start out with one 1st level spells and gain one adtional one each time they levle up. In adtion as they level up more spells become availble. If a spell is a more powerful version of a prevoius spell then you must know the lower version of the spell first to learn the higher version. (Note: Some of this is noncanon. The reason is to give variation to the casters.)
Bonus feat: List is coming up.
List of spells:
Level one spells

Thunder (Sp): , you can attack an enemy with electrical energy; this is a ranged touch attack that deals 1d4 points of electricity damage per class level to 1 opponent within 30’ on a successful hit; your opponent can make Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) for half damage; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 4MP to use

Blizzard (Sp): , you can attack an enemy with freezing energy; this is a ranged touch attack that deals 1d4 points of cold damage per class level to 1 opponent within 30’ on a successful hit; your opponent can make Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) for half damage; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 4MP to use

Fire (Sp): , you can attack an enemy with flaming energy; this is a ranged touch attack that deals 1d4 points of fire damage per class level to 1 opponent within 30’ on a successful hit; your opponent can make Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) for half damage; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 4MP to use

Level two spells

Slow (Sp): at 11th level, you can decelerate any 1 opponent within 30’; the creature gains a -10 penalty to their Initiative for 1d4+1 rounds; in addition, those affected can only move at ½ speed, & can only perform partial actions each round for the same amount of time; these effects are negated for an opponent if they are successfully hit with a haste effect or the effect expires; multiple slow effects do not stack, but overlap; affected creatures must make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Wisdom modifier) to resist; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 12MP to use

Water (Sp): you can attack an enemy with watery energy; this is a ranged touch attack that deals 1d4+3 points of water (force) damage per class level to 1 opponent within 30’ on a successful hit; your opponent can make Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) for half damage; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 6MP to use

Poison: you can attack an enemy with toxic energy; this is a ranged touch attack that inflicts 1 opponent within 30’ with Poison (see Status Effects: Poison, below); your opponent remains poisoned for the rest of the encounter, unless it is negated; your opponent must make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) to resist; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 10MP to use
sleep

Level three spells

Thundara (Sp): , you can spend an extra 4MP (8MP total) in order to increase the damage of Thunder to 1d6+1 points of electricity damage per class level; your opponent can make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) for half damage; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity

Blizzara (Sp): you can spend an extra 4MP (8MP total) in order to increase the damage of Blizzard to 1d6+1 points of cold damage per class level; your opponent can make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) for half damage; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity

Fira (Sp): you can spend an extra 4MP (8MP total) in order to increase the damage of Fire to 1d6+1 points of fire damage per class level; your opponent can make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) for half damage; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity

Level four spells

Slowga (Sp):, you can spend an extra 8MP (20MP total) in order to increase the decelerating power of Slow so that it affects all opponents within 30’; the creatures gain a -10 penalty to their Initiative for 1d4+1 rounds; in addition, those affected can only move at ½ speed, & can only perform partial actions each round for the same amount of time; these effects are negated for an opponent if they are successfully hit with a haste effect or the effect expires; multiple slowga effects do not stack, but overlap; affected creatures must make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Wisdom modifier) to resist; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity

Bio (Sp): for 4 extra mp (total 10), you can increase the Dc of poison by 4, and the poison deals an extra 4 points, per round, until the end of the encounter.

Demi (Sp): you can attack your enemies with deadly energy; this ability reduces the current HP of all opponents within 30’ by 25%; your opponents can each make a Reflex save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) for half damage; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 32MP to use

Death (Sp): you can magically slay an enemy; this is a ranged touch attack that kills 1 opponent within 30’ (0HP or less, see Status Effects: KO below); your opponent can make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) to resist; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 20MP to use

Drain

Level five spells

Watera (Sp): you can spend an extra 4MP (8MP total) in order to increase the damage of Water to 1d6+11 points of water (force) damage per class level; your opponent can make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) for half damage; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity

Stop: You can spend 9 Mp, to completely stop a foe. This is a range touch attack that affects one target in ’30. The target must make a (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) fortitude save of be stoped for 1d4+1/2 your class level (maxium 1d4+8). A stoped character can not act at all, and therefore always loses their dex to ac, in addition to not being able to take any actions. However, any condtions, that personally affect that target, like bull strength, the rounds stoped do not count against its duration. So if a target is affected by slow for 5 rounds and then is stoped, she is still affected by slow for another 5 rounds. Mutiple stop spells do not stack, but overlap.

Doomsday

Level six spells

Thundaga (Sp): you can spend an extra 8MP (16MP total) in order to increase the damage of Thundara to 1d8+2 points of electricity damage per class level; your opponent can make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) for half damage; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity

Blizzaga (Sp): you can spend an extra 8MP (16MP total) in order to increase the damage of Blizzara to 1d8+2 points of cold damage per class level; your opponent can make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) for half damage; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity

Firaga (Sp): you can spend an extra 8MP (16MP total) in order to increase the damage of Fira to 1d8+2 points of fire damage per class level; your opponent can make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) for half damage; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity

Level seven spells

Waterga (Sp): , you can spend an extra 8MP (16MP total) in order to increase the damage of Watera to 1d8+10 points of water (force) damage per class level; your opponent can make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) for half damage; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity

Level eight spells

Flare (Sp): at 20th level, you can attack an enemy with devastating energy; this is a ranged touch attack that deals 1d10+3 points of non-specified damage per class level to 1 opponent within 30’; your opponent can make Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Intelligence modifier) for half damage; this is a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 54MP to use

Meteor
Comet
I am proably going to discard level nine

Playing a Black Mage

Abilities:Obviously, a blackmages most important score is int, to boost their casting power, and their total mp. A blackmage also needs a good dexterity if they are going to land on any range touch attacks that most of their spells require.

[/Spoiler]

Darksword
2009-01-18, 06:46 PM
Tomrrow posibly races and defitnly one if not all of the following: The Knight, The Dragoon Knight, The Theif. ALso a few feats like swordmagic and support abilties.

Nero24200
2009-01-20, 05:40 PM
It might be worth giving black mages (the race) a different name, to make them more distinct from the class ("Constructed Black Mage" maybe?) Anyway, looks like a good project, truthfully I've always thought of FF9 being the more fantasy-esc final fantasy.

Darksword
2009-01-20, 06:15 PM
Knight
Knight
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/9/9b/IX-art-adelbert.jpg
Credit: Zeta
Hit Die: d10.
MP per Level: 3d6+6.
1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Bonus Feat, Sword Art+2
2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Bonus Feat
3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Sword Art+3
4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|
5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Sword Art+4
6th|+6/+1|+5|+2|+2|Bonus Feat
7th|+7/+2|+5|+2|+2|Sword Art+4
8th|+8/+3|+6|+2|+2|
9th|+9/+4|+6|+3|+3|Sword Art+5
10th|+10/+5|+7|+3|+3|Bonus Feat
11th|+11/+6/+1|+7|+3|+3|Sword Art+5
12th|+12/+7/+2|+8|+4|+4|
13th|+13/+8/+3|+8|+4|+4|Sword Art+6
14th|+14/+9/+4|+9|+4|+4|Bonus Feat
15th|+15/+10/+5|+9|+5|+5|Sword Art+6
16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+10|+5|+5|
17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+10|+5|+5|Sword Art+7
18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+11|+6|+6|Bonus Feat
19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+11|+6|+6|Sword Art+7
20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+12|+6|+6|Bonus Feat, Sword Art +8[/table]

Class Features
Bonus Feat: at level 1,2 5 and every five levels after words a knight gets
Sword Art (Ex): A Knight has a great ability, that despite its name can be used with any melee weapon. Unless otherwise noted all sword arts require a melee attack to activate and do not deal normal damage. A few refer to sword art power level which is in the table above. All have a required level and some other requirements.

Power Break (Sp):
Knight level 1
you can weaken your opponent’s power with a melee attack; if your melee attack hits, then the opponent’s Strength bonus to attacks (if any) is reduced by your sword art modifier for the rest of the encounter; your opponent must make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Wisdom modifier) to half; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 8MP to use
Magic Break (Sp):
Knight level 1
you can weaken your opponent’s magic with a melee attack; if your melee attack hits, then all damage dealt by that opponent’s spells is reduced by (x2 modifier) for the rest of the encounter; the opponent’s healing magic is affected, as well; multiple break effects do not stack; your opponent must make a Will save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Wisdom modifier) to half; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 8MP to use
Armor Break (Sp):
Knight Level 3
you can weaken your opponent’s defense with a melee attack; if your melee attack hits, then the opponent’s armor bonus for natural or worn armor is reduced by ½ your modifier rest of the encounter; your opponent must make a Fortitude save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Wisdom modifier) to halve this reduction; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 12MP to use
Mental Break (Sp):
Knight Level 3
you can weaken your opponent’s magic defense with a melee attack; if your melee attack hits, then the opponent’s SR is reduced by twice your modifier for the rest of the encounter; your opponent must make a Will save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Wisdom modifier) to resist; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 12MP to use
Thunder Slash
Knight level 7
You can add modifier D4 lighting damage to your normal melle damage roll if your attack hits. A ref save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Wisdom modifier) to half, this is a a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 12MP to use.
Aura of Courage (Su):
Knight Level 13
in addition, each ally within 10’/modifier of you gains a +modifier morale bonus on attacks made on charges. Last 2/modifer rouds. Cost 14 Mp and provokes an attack of opportunity. Standard action.

Questions: does anybody no if Iai strike deals damage if instant death does not work. Also does anybody have more accurate mp, I do not feel like looking on my game right now I am low time. Also I am about half way done here.

Darksword
2009-01-20, 06:18 PM
It might be worth giving black mages (the race) a different name, to make them more distinct from the class ("Constructed Black Mage" maybe?) Anyway, looks like a good project, truthfully I've always thought of FF9 being the more fantasy-esc final fantasy.
Ok I thanks I may rename it. I will think over some name candidates and change it.
And yay 9 is the most fantasyish game of the last 6 main games in the series.
Also I am a bit busy this week. No promise of an update until Saturday.

newbDM
2009-01-20, 06:28 PM
Ooohhhhh.

Darksword, I look forward to seeing how this goes. I am very interested in this!

Sadly, I do not believe I can be much help, though.

About to subscribe to this thread. Good luck!

Darksword
2009-01-21, 09:21 PM
Thanks.
Hopefully tomorrow, if not today I will have more classes done. Here are a list of classes that are coming. Also none of the classes are 100% done. I am going to add support abilities eventually.
Monk (Arament, with a multiclass* substitution)
Blue Mage (With QU racial substitution levels) (QU)
Thief (Zidane)
Dragoon Knight (This will may take a while.) (Freya)
White Mage (Garnet and Eiko) (This will come with summoners substitution levels) Also some feats are coming today.

Darksword
2009-01-21, 09:31 PM
Sword Magic [Knight]
”Fire Sword”
Pre: Knight Level 1, Wis 10
To use this feat you must have a Black Magic Caster in your party, and be within the range of his spells when he casts sword Magic metamagic spells. You can use up to level one BM spells. The mp comes from your pool not the casters.
What is sword Magic: SwordMAgic which requires you to be by a Black Mage, allows you to make a Melee attack and if you hit you deal regular damage +1/2 damage of the spell that the caster chose to your foe.

Sword Magic II [Knight]
Pre: Knight Level 6
You can use BM spells up to level 3.

Sword Magic III [Knight]
Pre: Knight Level 12
You can use BM spells up to level 5.

Sword Magic IV [Knight]
Pre: Knight Level 17
You can use BM spells up to level 7.

Sword Magic V [Knight]
Pre: Knight Level 19
You can use BM spells up to level 8.

Sword Caster
Pre: Black Mage level 1
You can use a swift action and 1 mp to prepare a spell from you list. 1+int mod (if any), knights who qualify to use sword magic can use it until the end of your next turn.

Lappy9000
2009-01-21, 09:44 PM
Hey Darksword, you are going to stat out Burmecians and Qu as well, right? You could even do Summoners and Genomes if you really wanted to get into it (to give yourself plenty of variety). Moogles, too, would probably be a possible race choice.

If you need any help, particularly in regards to races, just PM me and I'll be glad to lend a hand!

DracoDei
2009-01-22, 06:22 AM
Someone already basically DID the Qu, it might even have been you. Remember "We the People"?

I have a Leap Dragoon class on another computer that is specifically based on Freya and Sir Fratley.

Shalizar
2009-01-22, 05:48 PM
Hey Darksword, if you need any help, I have a fair amount of spare time on my hands, so I can give you some help. Also I have a Dragoon Class already made that would fit Freya very well with a few tweeks to account for her spells and it is a PrC, again I can fix it easly. So just send me a message if you would like some help.

Darksword
2009-01-22, 06:40 PM
Lapp
I am doing rat people with two subraces Brumcains and CLreayans and I am doing the QU. The summoners will be a feat that must tacken at level one and allows the use of summons and a racial substitution level of a class.

And I could use some help. Mostly need some help with adding finishing touches on the classes.
OK I also need some help with the jump mech so I would like to see your dragoon based class.

Darksword
2009-01-22, 08:55 PM
Bluemage

Bluemage
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/2/24/Quina_Quen_character.jpg
Alignment: Any.

Hit Die: d6.
MP per Level: 3d6+12.
1st|+0|+0|+2|+0|Bluemagic LV 1, Learning
2nd|+1|+0|+3|+0| Suggestion 5/day
3rd|+2|+1|+3|+1|
4th|+3|+1|+4|+1|
5th|+3|+1|+4|+1|
6th|+4|+2|+5|+2| Suggestion 10/day
7th|+5|+2|+5|+2|
8th|+6/+1|+2|+6|+2|
9th|+6/+1|+3|+6|+3|
10th|+7/+2|+3|+7|+3| Bluemagic LV 2, Suggestion 15/day
11th|+8/+3|+3|+7|+3|
12th|+9/+4|+4|+8|+4|
13th|+9/+4|+4|+8|+4|
14th|+10/+5|+4|+9|+4| Suggestion 15/day
15th|+11/+6/+1|+5|+9|+5|
16th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+5|
17th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+5|
18th|+13/+8/+3|+6|+11|+6|
19th|+14/+9/+4|+6|+11|+6| Bluemagic Lv 3
20th|+15/+10/+5|+6|+12|+6|[/table]

Class Features

Bluemagic (EX): You can use Bluemagic, a powerful ability that mimic monster attacks. You start out with one spell and learn more via learning. As You level up more spells can be learned.

Learning (EX): To learn bluemagic you must be hit by the attack first and live. You can learn a number of spells per day as your int modifier +1.

Suggestion (SU): Starting at level 2 you can use a power called suggestion one foes that you know have a Bluemagic power. You can only command them to use the power on you. It last for one round. The save dc is will (10+int+1/2 Bluemage lv).

context coming soon.
Spells
Qu racial substitution level.

Assassin89
2009-01-22, 09:03 PM
I think that for Qu, the race should have an ability where a Qu eats monsters in order to learn abilities.

Shalizar
2009-01-23, 12:06 AM
Dragoon

Dragoon
http://www.ffodyssey.com/ff9/amano_freya.jpg

1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Jump, Lancer
2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|
3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Jump Enhancement
4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Reis's Wind
5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Guided Fall
6th|+6/+1|+5|+2|+2|
7th|+7/+2|+5|+2|+2|Greater Jump, Dragon's Breath
8th|+8/+3|+6|+2|+2|
9th|+9/+4|+6|+3|+3|Improved Jump
10th|+10/+5|+7|+3|+3|White Draw
11th|+11/+6/+1|+7|+3|+3|Pierce Anything
12th|+12/+7/+2|+8|+4|+4|
13th|+13/+8/+3|+8|+4|+4|Luna
14th|+14/+9/+4|+9|+4|+4| Supreme Jump
15th|+15/+10/+5|+9|+5|+5|
16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+10|+5|+5|Six Dragons
17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+10|+5|+5|Master Jump
18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+11|+6|+6|
19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+11|+6|+6| Cherry Blossom
20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+12|+6|+6|Speed Jump, Dragon's Crest [/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficency: A Dragoon is proficent with all Simple and Martial Weapons, they are also proficent with all types of armor but only light sheilds.

Jump: Leaping into the air with piercing weapon in hand, the Dragoon, Careens back towards the ground with the attempt to impale their adversary. This is a full round action. Then it does twice the damage dice for damage with the critical multiplier increases by one step (aka if x2 then x3, if x3 then x5...ext), in addition the Dragoon does an extra 1d6 piercing damage per 5 feet obtained on a Jump Check over the total enemy‘s height. They hit the ground they are next to the opponent they strike, player may choose any square adjacent to the opponent. Jump can only be used if wielding a two handed piercing weapon. If a creature is next to the Dragoon, then an attack of Opportunity is attempted against you. If they succeed then the jump is failed.

Lancer - The Dragoon channels its ability to stop a dragons magic through their weapon and attacks the opponent. Physical Attack that steal a spell slot from an enemy, takes a full round action.

Jump Enhancement: Being a Dragoon, you are able to jump high distances while wearing heavy armor. They don’t take a 2x penalty on jump checks when they don’t get a running start. In addition Dragoons do not take Armor check penalty on Jump checks.

Reis's Wind - The Dragoon summons the wind a dragons generates with their wings in order to heal their allies. Gives Fast Healing = ½ class level to all allies within 30 feet, Takes one standard action to perform

Guided Fall: A Dragoon is so adapt at falling that it doesn’t take any falling damage

Greater Jump: Increases vertical jump modifier to +10 for all vertical jump checks.

Dragon Breath - The Dragoon takes a deep breath and exhale a blast equal to that of a dragon. Deals 8d4 Sonic Damage in ether a 30 foot cone or 60 foot line, this cannot be used if the character is unable to speak. Takes a full round action, must wait 1d6+1 rounds until the player can use a breath attack again.

Improved Jump: Damage done is still the same, but the critical multiplier is increased by two steps (aka if x2 then x5, if x3 then x9...ext)

White Draw - The Dragoon recalls the spirit dragons have had even while in death, they still inspire the Dragoon. Restores a Characters Spells equal to their Dragoon level, if the character whom is healed is not a spontaneous spell caster, then they may only regain spells that were prepared for that day. (example a 8th level Dragoon can heal one 8th level spell, or a sixth level spell and a second, or any other combination of spells) Takes a standard action and can only be used 1/day

Pierce Anything: A Dragoon’s jump is so high that upon impact with the opponent, that it’s armor is not as useful as it was at one point. A Dragoons Jump Attack goes through 5/- damage reduction.

Luna - The Dragoon knows the fiery wrath of a red dragon, and the chill of a white dragon, and is able to channel their anger into all around them. Casts Rage on all allies and enemies in 30 feet, including self, Will Save DC for enemies is equal to 10 + ½ class level + Intellect Modifier, this cannot be used if the character is unable to speak. Takes a standard action.

Supreme Jump: As a ninth level Dragoon your characters jumps are able to excided what normal mortals can normally do on their own. Jump modifier is lost, but increases the final jump total by x2.

Six Dragons - The Dragoon takes the ultimate sacrifice in order to help another, such as what a dragon would do for its treasure. The Dragoon takes non lethal damage equal to Current HP-1 and heals one party member equal to the amount of non lethal damage taken, this is a touch ability. Takes a full round action and must be able to touch the ally.

Master Jump: A Dragoon is able to damage the opponent more then ever with his jump causing more damage then ever on a Jump. Jump attack die are tripled over doubled, critical remains the same from Improved Jump.

Cherry Blossom - The Dragoon takes a deep breath and lets out a shreek out that is on the level of a dragon. Deals 10d8 Sonic damage to all enemies in a 60 foot cone or 120 foot line, this cannot be used if the character is unable to speak. Takes a standard action, must have to wait 1d8+1 rounds until they can use a breath attack again.

Speed Jump: A Dragoon’s Jump attack counts as a move action.

Dragon's Crest - A dragon’s head suddenly springs out of the ground. It is strangely lucid and it suddenly attacks your opponent. Summons the slain dragons of your past to take our your enemies. Touch Attack which causes 4d12 damage. Takes a full round action and takes 1d10+3 rounds to recover.

I feel this is balanced, and if you feel there is a problem with it, then just point it out in a comment and I will change it as soon as I can.

Edit: Forgot about the class skills, I'll add them in tomorrow. I dont feel like doing it tonight.

Karma Guard
2009-01-23, 12:17 AM
This is a good idea, and there's actual things done here. You know what I mean. Actual content.

But the grammar and spelling leave a lot to be desired. Dwarf misspelled more than once, and inconsistent naming of abilities in classes.

Using Spellcheck (and maybe even a beta reader) would help your writing look much more professional and readable.

As an actual contribution, why not make the Mage constructs living constructs, like Warforged? There's the subtype right there to use, why not use it? It'd be a lot simpler and still get the same meaning across.

Edit: Like this:

Mage Constructs, often known simply as 'Black Mages' for their preferred class, are a race of Gaia. Artificially created to be weapons of war, a number of them have achieved both free will and the ability to choose their own job in life.

Mage Constructs tend to be shy and withdrawn, with a hunger for knowledge and experience in general, and magical knowledge in particular.

Mage Construct Racial Traits:

Medium: As medium creatures, Mage Constructs gain no advantage or disadvantage based on their size.
Living Constructs: Mage Constructs are Living Constructs. However, unlike most Living Constructs, they may be healed by normal means, such as Cure Light Wounds) as well as ones meant for Constructs (such as Repair Light Damage).

Living Construct Traits:

* Unlike other constructs, a living construct has a Constitution score. A living construct does not gain bonus hit points by size but gains (or loses) bonus hit points through a Constitution bonus (or penalty) as with other living creatures.
* Unlike other constructs, a living construct does not have low-light vision or darkvision.
* Unlike other constructs, a living construct is not immune to mind-influencing effects.
* Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, and energy drain.
* A living construct cannot heal damage naturally.
* Unlike other constructs, living constructs are subject to critical hits, effects requiring a Fort save, death from massive damage, nonlethal damage, stunning, ability damage, ability drain, and death effects or necromancy effects.
* Unlike other constructs, a living construct can use the run action.
* Living constructs can be affected by spells that target living creatures as well as by those that target constructs. Damage dealt to a living construct can be healed by a cure light wounds spell or a repair light damage spell, for example, and a living construct is vulnerable to a harm spell. However, spells from the healing subschool provide only half effect to a living construct.
* A living construct responds slightly differently from other living creatures when reduced to 0 hit points. A living construct with 0 hit points is disabled, just like a living creature. He can only take a single move action or standard action in each round, but strenuous activity does not risk further injury. When his hit points are less than 0 and greater than -10, a living construct is inert. He is unconscious and helpless, and he cannot perform any actions. However, an inert living construct does not lose additional hit points unless more damage is dealt to him, as with a living creature that is stable.
* Can be raised or resurrected.
* Does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe, but can still benefit from the effects of consumable spells and magic items such as heroes' feast and potions.
* Does not need to sleep, but must rest for 8 hours before preparing spells.

-4 STR, -2 CON, +2 INT. Mage Constructs are made to be powerful wizards and mages. As a side effect, they are very, very flimsy.
Inherently Magical: Mage Constructs start off with 5 MP, and gain 2 more as they gain levels.
Command the Mindless(Su): Once a day, a Mage Construct may use this spell-like ability. It functions as a Dominate spell, but may affect up to seven targets. However, this only works on mindless Mage Constructs.
Language: Common.
Favored Class: Black Mage. It's what they're made for, after all.

Shalizar
2009-01-23, 12:40 AM
[B]
Questions: does anybody no if Iai strike deals damage if instant death does not work.

I dont believe it does, but I never used it because of that reason. I suggest just making it a low will save, such as 10 + 1/2 class level. Also make all creatures who are immune to criticals and sneak attacks immune it it, thats my thought on it at least.

Triaxx
2009-01-23, 07:12 AM
It doesn't, it just misses, and wastes the MP.

Darksword
2009-01-24, 09:43 AM
I think that for Qu, the race should have an ability where a Qu eats monsters in order to learn abilities.

I said that, it willl be handled by a racail subsitution.

ALso thank Karma I forget about the living construct wich I am adding. A lot of gramar editing and fluff adtion will be to night. Around 6:00 Pm stanard time. ALso along with that a bunch of new stuff will be introduced.

Edit: I will use the dragoon class with a few edits.

Darksword
2009-01-24, 07:29 PM
Thief

The Thief
http://www.ffcompendium.com/art/9-zidane-a.jpg
HD: D8
MP: D6+7
1st|+0|+0|+2|+0| Sneak Attack +1d6, Bonus Feat
2nd|+1|+0|+3|+0| Thief Skill: Flee, Steal
3rd|+2|+1|+3|+1| Trapfinding
4th|+3|+1|+4|+1| Evasion, Sneak Attack +2d6
5th|+3|+1|+4|+1|Theif Skill: Detect
6th|+4|+2|+5|+2| What’s That
7th|+5|+2|+5|+2| Uncanny dodg
8th|+6/+1|+2|+6|+2| Sneak Attack +3d6
9th|+6/+1|+3|+6|+3| Mug, Soul Blade
10th|+7/+2|+3|+7|+3| Annoy
11th|+8/+3|+3|+7|+3| Improved Evasion
12th|+9/+4|+4|+8|+4| Sneak Attack +4d6
13th|+9/+4|+4|+8|+4| Improved Uncanny Dodge, Sacrifice
14th|+10/+5|+4|+9|+4|
15th|+11/+6/+1|+5|+9|+5| Lucky Seven
16th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+5| Sneak Attack +5d6
17th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+5| Thievery
18th|+13/+8/+3|+6|+11|+6|
19th|+14/+9/+4|+6|+11|+6| Sneak Attack +6d6
20th|+15/+10/+5|+6|+12|+6|[/table]

Bonus Feat: list coming.
Steal (Ex): at 1st level, you can rob your enemies while you fight them; during battle, you may make a touch attack upon an opponent; if you connect, you may attempt a Sleight of Hand check (DC10 + the opponent’s CR) to steal 1 item worn or carried by the opponent; you suffer no penalties for thievery performed in plain sight of your target; you cannot attack an opponent in the same round that you perform this maneuver; this is a swift action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; this ability does not consume any MP to use. A PC should keep track of how often they succeed in using this class feature.

NOTE: Some creatures carry rare items in addition to normal items; whenever a Bandit makes a successful steal attempt, roll d%; the rate for a rare steal is 1% × the stealer’s ECL, while the rest of the time they will take a normal item

Thief Skill: Starting at Level 1, a thief can use his general cunning to do things, most people could ever dream of doing.
The following are the thief skills

[I]Flee: Starting at level one you can, as a standard action grant all allies in an encounter a 30ft bonus on one of their movement speeds, and they are affected by expeditious retreat. After you use this ability you can not use it for another 1d4 encounters.

Detect: Starting at level five as a standard action, that does not provoke an attack of opportunity; you can use detect. Choose one foe in 30’. Via a mechanical eye which spontaneously appears, you know all possessions, that the creature currently carries. Cost 2 mp.

SoulBlade

What’s That (EX): As a standard action, that does not provoke an attack of opportunity; you can use your great charming skills to backstab your foes. Starting at level 6 you can distract a foe making them lose their dexterity to AC, and allow sneak. You compel all foes within 40’ to turn their backs towards you. They have a chance to make a will save (DC: 10+1/2thief level+cha modifer+1/2bluff ranks) to resist. Cost 3 MP

Sacrifice (SU): Starting at level 12, as a standard action, that does not provoke an attack of opportunity; you can reduce yourself to 0HP. All allies within 60ft, recover ¼ of your remaining hp and mp. Cost: 32 MP

Lucky Seven

Thievery (SU): At level 17, your stealing gives you power to make great melee attacks. This is an attack action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, you can make a melee attack roll. You add your dexterity modifier to this attack roll. If hit, you add twice your dex mod, and ¼ the number of times you successfully used steal. Cost: 20 mp.

Sneak Attack: If a Thief can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage.
The Thief’s attack deals extra damage any time her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the thief flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and it increases by 1d6 every four thief levels thereafter. Should the thief score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied. Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.
With a sap (blackjack) or an unarmed strike, a thief can make a sneak attack that deals nonlethal damage instead of lethal damage. She cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage in a sneak attack, not even with the usual -4 penalty.
A thief can sneak attack only living creatures with discernible anatomies—undead, constructs, oozes, plants, and incorporeal creatures lack vital areas to attack. Any creature that is immune to critical hits is not vulnerable to sneak attacks. The thief must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. A thief cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with concealment or striking the limbs of a creature whose vitals are beyond reach.

Trapfinding: A Thief gains the rouge class feature of a same name at level 2.

Evasion (Ex): At 3nd level and higher, a theif can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the theif is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless theif does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Starting at 7th level, a thief can react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She retains her Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if she is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, she still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.
If a thief already has uncanny dodge from a different class she automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead.

Mug: Starting at level 8, whenever a thief makes a successful steal he can make a melee touch attack. If it hits, he deals half damage from his damage roll. (So if he hits, roll 1d8+2, gets a 8, he would deal 5 damage.)

Improved Evasion (Ex): at 11th level, this ability works like Evasion, except that while you still take no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, henceforth you take only half damage on a failed save; you gain no benefit of Improved Evasion while you are helpless

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): A theif of 13th level or higher can no longer be flanked. This defense denies another thief the ability to sneak attack the character by flanking her, unless the attacker has at least four more thief levels than the target does. If a character already has uncanny dodge from a second class, the character automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead, and the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum thief level required to flank the character

Darksword
2009-01-24, 07:50 PM
Dragoon

Dragoon
http://www.ffodyssey.com/ff9/amano_freya.jpg
CRedit: Shaz
MP: D6+9
1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Jump, Lancer, Dragon Killer +1
2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|
3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Jump Enhancement
4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Reis's Wind
5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Guided Fall, Dragon Killer+2
6th|+6/+1|+5|+2|+2|
7th|+7/+2|+5|+2|+2|Greater Jump, Dragon's Breath
8th|+8/+3|+6|+2|+2|
9th|+9/+4|+6|+3|+3|Improved Jump
10th|+10/+5|+7|+3|+3|White Draw, Dragon Killer+3
11th|+11/+6/+1|+7|+3|+3|Pierce Anything
12th|+12/+7/+2|+8|+4|+4|
13th|+13/+8/+3|+8|+4|+4|Luna
14th|+14/+9/+4|+9|+4|+4| Supreme Jump
15th|+15/+10/+5|+9|+5|+5| Dragon Killer+4
16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+10|+5|+5|Six Dragons
17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+10|+5|+5|Master Jump
18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+11|+6|+6|
19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+11|+6|+6| Cherry Blossom
20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+12|+6|+6|Speed Jump, Dragon's Crest, Dragon Killer+5 [/table]

Dragon Killer: You gain favorite enemy (DRAGON) at level 1 and it improves every 5 level after.

Jump: Leaping into the air with piercing weapon in hand, the Dragoon, Careens back towards the ground with the attempt to impale their adversary. This is a full round action. Then it does twice the damage dice for damage with the critical multiplier increases by one step (aka if x2 then x3, if x3 then x5...ext), in addition the Dragoon does an extra 1d6 piercing damage per 5 feet obtained on a Jump Check over the total enemy‘s height. They hit the ground they are next to the opponent they strike, player may choose any square adjacent to the opponent. Jump can only be used if wielding a two handed piercing weapon. If a creature is next to the Dragoon, then an attack of Opportunity is attempted against you. If they succeed then the jump is failed.

Lancer - The Dragoon channels its ability to stop a dragons magic through their weapon and attacks the opponent. He makes a melee attack and rolls damage. The attack damages both the foes HP and Mp. Takes a full action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. Cost: 10 Mp

Jump Enhancement: Being a Dragoon, you are able to jump high distances while wearing heavy armor. They don’t take a 2x penalty on jump checks when they don’t get a running start. In addition Dragoons do not take Armor check penalty on Jump checks.

Reis's Wind - The Dragoon summons the wind a dragons generates with their wings in order to heal their allies. Gives Fast Healing = ½ class level to all allies within 30 feet, Takes one standard action to perform. Cost: 12 Mp

Guided Fall: A Dragoon is so adapt at falling that it doesn’t take any falling damage

Greater Jump: Increases vertical jump modifier to +10 for all vertical jump checks.

Dragon Breath - The Dragoon takes a deep breath and exhale a blast equal to that of a dragon. Deals 8d4 Sonic Damage in ether a 30 foot cone or 60 foot line, this cannot be used if the character is unable to speak. Takes a full round action, Cost: 40 Mp

Improved Jump: Damage done is still the same, but the critical multiplier is increased by two steps (aka if x2 then x5, if x3 then x9...ext)

White Draw - The Dragoon recalls the spirit dragons have had even while in death, they still inspire the Dragoon. As a full round action, that does provoke an attack of opportunity, you can attack a foes mp, and drain it. You make a melee touch attack and if it hit, you drain 1/4dragoon level D6+wis mod mp from the foe. You the mp is then distributed evenly to all allies within 30’. Cost: 20 mp.

Pierce Anything: A Dragoon’s jump is so high that upon impact with the opponent, that it’s armor is not as useful as it was at one point. A Dragoons Jump Attack goes through 5/- damage reduction.

Luna - The Dragoon knows the fiery wrath of a red dragon, and the chill of a white dragon, and is able to channel their anger into all around them. Casts Rage on all allies and enemies in 30 feet, including self, Will Save DC for enemies is equal to 10 + ½ class level + Intellect Modifier, this cannot be used if the character is unable to speak. Takes a standard action. Cost: 10 mp

Supreme Jump: As a ninth level Dragoon your characters jumps are able to excided what normal mortals can normally do on their own. Jump modifier is lost, but increases the final jump total by x2.

Six Dragons -

Master Jump: A Dragoon is able to damage the opponent more then ever with his jump causing more damage then ever on a Jump. Jump attack die are tripled over doubled, critical remains the same from Improved Jump.

Cherry Blossom - The Dragoon takes a deep breath and lets out a shreek out that is on the level of a dragon. Deals 10d8 Sonic damage to all enemies in a 60 foot cone or 120 foot line, this cannot be used if the character is unable to speak. Takes a standard action. Cost: 40 Mp

Speed Jump: A Dragoon’s Jump attack counts as a move action.

Dragon's Crest - A dragon’s head suddenly springs out of the ground. It is strangely lucid and it suddenly attacks your opponent. Summons the slain dragons of your past to take our your enemies within 70’. Touch Attack which causes 4d12 damage. Takes a full round action and Cost: 16 Mp, and must have helped kill dragon before.

Guyr Adamantine
2009-01-24, 09:01 PM
Someone already basically DID the Qu, it might even have been you. Remember "We the People"?

Mine, actually. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4520705&postcount=4) They are heavily inspired, yet different. With a few adjustments, though...

Qu Racial Traits
* +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, -4 Charisma: Qus are tough beings but poor thinkers and miserable leaders.
* Monstrous Humanoids: Qus aren’t affected by Charm Monster and other Humanoid-Effective spells.
* Size: As Medium creatures, Qus have no special bonuses of penalties due to their size.
* Qu land speed is 20 feet, and they have a 10 feet swim speed. Qus gains a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform a special action or avoid a hazard. They always can choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered when swimming. A Qu can use the run action while swimming, provided that it swims in a straight line.
* Balloon Lungs: Qus may hold their breath for 4 times their Constitution score and never risk being underwater by failing a Swim check by 5 or more, as they float naturally.
* Improved Grab: To use this ability, a Qu must hit a foe with a melee attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
* Wide Girth: The physical stature of Qus let them function as if they were one size category larger when wrestling. Whenever a Qu is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the Qu is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A Qu is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him, as well as wether his own special attacks can affect other creatures. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
* Gourmand’s Assets: Qus have the Scent and Swallow Whole special abilities. They can only swallow a pinned opponent of a smaller size. Swallowed creatures must make a Fortitude save against the Qu's sticky insides (DC: 10+½Qu’s Hit Dices+Con Bonus, effect entangled until dead or spat out) every round. If the swallowed creature resist the glue for a number of rounds equal to the Qu’s Constitution bonus, or if it manage to deal slashing/piercing damage to the stomach, the Qu throw it up. If the swallowed creature fails to make its save, the stomach start crushing the victim, dealing damage equal to an unarmed strike every minute. The Qu becomes fatigued until it rests to digest its victim if it is as large as him (He can swallow creatures of his base size thanks to Wide Girth, but is fatigued if doing so).
* Natural Armor +1: Qus have a thick, rubbery skin that withstand cuts and bruises.
* Strong Stomach: Qus +4 to saves against ingested poisons and gain nourishment from everything they eat.
* Skills: +2 Balance.
* Automatic Language: Common and Aquan. Bonus Languages: Orc, Goblin, Terran.
* Favored Class: Ranger
* Level Adjustment: +1

PS: I suggest using a modified Warmage for Black Mages.

DracoDei
2009-01-24, 09:54 PM
Ok, you have made the same simplification that most people make when trying to convert Dragoons... you just have them doing extra damage or whatever with their jumps. That isn't the point to the command in the game at all. The point is that you can't be hurt half the time especially by AoEs.

Karma Guard
2009-01-25, 12:24 AM
Ok, you have made the same simplification that most people make when trying to convert Dragoons... you just have them doing extra damage or whatever with their jumps. That isn't the point to the command in the game at all. The point is that you can't be hurt half the time especially by AoEs.

It depends on which Dragoon you're templating them from.

In FFT and FFTA/A2, they're high-damage stab-machines. (Admittedly with more useful things in FFTA/A2).

Darksword
2009-01-25, 01:16 AM
Sure the dragoon is immune to damage while in jump, but thatis way to easy to overpower the class.

DracoDei
2009-01-25, 03:47 AM
Karma-Guard:
Yes, but it specifically says IX in the title.

Darksword:
Well, I did it as a PrC and set it up so it is not without drawbacks... they have to specify a target area and a target when they launch, and they can't attack anything outside the target area for the landing, and if they have to change which individual they are targetting they get a minus to hit. It very much loses what I saw in a book on military thought to be called "tempo". Also they are just floating in mid-air with some defensive bonii until second level when they start going ethereal...

All that having been said... can you provide more detailed support for your assertion?

Darksword
2009-01-25, 03:45 PM
Jump is going to change soon, no worries. This is just a rough draft of all the classes, that I am putting out. Versus the Blackmage which took many hours, along with the Thief, the Knight, Dragoon and Bluemage are still largely in design.
Also I have a question, what would you guys like to see for the monk. I am stuck on the class, so I need some ideas. What should be included. I am going to make a new thread and make a vote out of it.

Darksword
2009-01-25, 04:02 PM
OK I am using this thread for voting, for the monk. ALso please note I will have limited acces to the computer this week

Ok for my current project, FF IX D20 I am having trouble creating the MONK CLASS, the class of the Flaming Arament. There are some things which are troubling me so I am making a vote out it. I reserve the right to ignore anything unbalanced.

The Monk
Ok let start with the Basics
HD:
D8 OR D10 OR D12
Arament has an ok amount of hp, but he could have a high con. So d8, d10 or 12 are the chooses.
BAB:
MED OR GOOD
Arament is a great melee fighter, but he may have flurry of blows.
Saves
HIGH: Fort/REF

Class Features
What I already decided on
Unarmed strike progression
Flair

WHAT COULD be part of
(VOTE AS YOU BELIEVE, no limit, but I reserve the right……)
Flurry of Blows
Speed increase as a monk
DR
Fighting styles

INFO
Fighting styles: Although there is not any proof that Arament uses fighting styles I think it is appropriate. If you vote for fighting styles also vote on what you believe fighting style should incorporate.
BONUS feats
Benefits, or
Condtional Benfits (called stances)
Adtional Flair techniques.

Kobold-Bard
2009-01-26, 06:13 AM
If you are planning to make an FFIX monk shouldn't they have abilities like Throw and his Flair abilities, rather than Flurry of Blows. I can't remember him having anything like that.

Either way in my opinion I'd give him the d10, medium BAB, and good Ref save.

Will you be doing a trance type system?

Darksword
2009-01-26, 05:11 PM
O yay I forgot about throw. And yay there is going to be a trance system.
As for flurry of blows, a monk may have it because, a character usually does a full attack when they attack, but you do not see it.

NeoVid
2009-01-27, 02:32 PM
I have a fairly solid starting idea for the Thief's Soul Blade ability:

Soul Blade: Drawing out the inner power of your weapon, you project a ray from the weapon that delivers the effect of its special abilities when it hits. This is a ranged touch attack with a range of 50 feet that uses the weapon's magic modifier to attack and damage, as well as its critical hit modifier. A successful attack causes the target to be affected by the weapon's special ability as normal.

Also, I've been thinking about the Burmecians (since they rule) and I want to point out that they need to have this racial ability:

Mist Immunity (Ex): Burmecians are totally immune to all negative effects of exposure to Mist.

...And I just realized the Qu should have this racial also, as both races lived under the Mist, instead of on top of the plateaus like every other race.

Darksword
2009-01-28, 06:47 PM
pryo can you expand on specail ability of a weapon and why do burmcain need mist immunity.

NeoVid
2009-01-31, 05:36 AM
Burmecians need Mist Immunity because their capital city was on the ground, underneath the Mist, while every other town and city was on the plateaus above it. Considering exposure to Mist causes physical and mental abnormalities, they must have had an immunity to its effects. This would also give a reason for why it seemed that every other race was common in every city, but you almost never saw Burmecians outside their own territory until the evacuation... and even then, rarely. Probably the reverse applied, also, but I'm just speculating there.

As for Soul Blade causing the effects of weapon enchantments, I meant something like if you channel it through a Flaming weapon, it would do d6 fire damage, or through a Holy weapon it would do 2d6 to an evil target.

Underpowered, I know, but I can't think of a good way to strengthen it without a lot more consideration.

Darksword
2009-01-31, 10:46 AM
YAY I have no idea how to strenghen it. Proably no update this weekemd but next week defitntly

Darksword
2009-02-07, 01:32 PM
Credit: Zeta Kai,
WhiteMage

WhiteMage
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/e/e8/Garnet_Til_Alexandros_XVII_character.jpg
Hit Die: d4.
Class Skills:
[B]Skill Points at 1st Level: (2 + Intelligence modifier) × 4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Intelligence modifier.

MP per Level: 5d8+28.

Table 2-6: The Black Mage
1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|White Magic
2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|Bonus feat
3rd|+1|+1|+1|+3|
4th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Level 2 White Magic
5th|+2|+1|+1|+4|
6th|+3|+2|+2|+5|Bonus Feat, Level 3 White magic
7th|+3|+2|+2|+5|extra spell
8th|+4|+2|+2|+6|Level 4 White magic
9th|+4|+3|+3|+6|Extra Spell
10th|+5|+3|+3|+7|Extra Spell, Bonus Feat
11th|+5|+3|+3|+7|LEvel 5 White Magic
12th|+6/+1|+4|+4|+8|
13th|+6/+1|+4|+4|+8|
14th|+7/+2|+4|+4|+9| Bonus feat, Level 6 White magic
15th|+7/+2|+5|+5|+9|Extra Spell
16th|+8/+3|+5|+5|+10|Level 7 White Magic
17th|+8/+3|+5|+5|+10|
18th|+9/+4|+6|+6|+11|Level eight White Magic
19th|+9/+4|+6|+6|+11|Extra Spell
20th|+10/+5|+6|+6|+12|Extra Spell, Bonus Feat[/table]
Class Features
All of the following are class features of the white mage. See level progression on Table 2-6: The Whitemage Mage for more information.
Black Magic (SP): Starting at levle 1 the White MAge has the power to cast healing spells, white MAgic. They start out with one 1st level spells and gain one additional one each time they levle up. In adtion as they level up more spells become availble. If a spell is a more powerful version of a prevoius spell then you must know the lower version of the spell first to learn the higher version. (Note: Some of this is noncanon. The reason is to give variation to the casters.)
Bonus feat: List is coming up.
List of spells:
Coming soon

Darksword
2009-02-07, 01:46 PM
New feat

Summoner Tribe [Tribal]
Pre: Background, Dm approval, must be taken at character creation.
Due to your heritage you can summon mighty beings from all over.
Benift: You gain the abilty to summon at caster level one. You can choose one lv 1 summon. You do not nessacirly have enough mp to cast it. You also qualify for the racial substitution levels.

Summoner White mage substitution level.
http://www.ffinsider.net/final-fantasy-9/art/13.jpg
{table=head]Level| Special
1st|Bonus summoner spell
5th|level 2 summon, Wise summoner, Bonus summon
10th|Bonus Summon, Level 4 summon
15th|Bonus Summon, Level 5 summon
20th|level 6 summon, Bonus summon[/table]
NOTE: You do not gain bonus spells of white mage when you take a substitution level. You gain the next level of magic if any the next time you take a normal white mage level. You do gain bonus feat.
Summon: At every level you gain a new summoned beast. You must seek out this beast, first however before you can use it. You gain a spell of your choice from the summon summoned list. You must have an high enough summon level to cast it however.
Wise Summoner: You add Your wis mod to the number of summons you know.

Note on Summoning
I will do to variations of summoning. One like the game were summons are merely attacks, another where the summon stays and fight with you.

Darksword
2009-02-07, 09:23 PM
Summoning
Yes I am starting the basics of summons now. Why, because I am itching to start stating summons out, and I need to get away from classes.
First off all summons have some variable often a Gem. This variable serves as a focus for the summon. When you start a game a DM should, with the players input decide what type of summoning they will use, Basic or advanced.

The Basic summoning
This type is more similar to using a spell than summoning a creature. A creature is summoned and use a specific attack. The player choose the attack from the summon list when she learns the Summon and can not change it latter.

Advanced method
The advanced method requires more mp, but is more powerful than the basic type. In this type a summoner summons the monster and it fights for several rounds before disappearing.

Darksword
2009-02-07, 10:02 PM
Basic Method

This list each summon a description and then list the “spells” you can learn
Gems
All summons whose focus are gems may be empowered. You may expend gems of the specific type to add 1d6 damage to the spell effects.
Shiva

Shiva
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/f/f3/Shiva_ff9.jpg
The ice Godes, she will freeze all who oppose with her icy fiery. Gem: Opal
Spells
3: Diamond Dust: Deals 4d6+caster wis, ice damage+1d6+4 force damage to all foes within 50’. Cost 30 Mp

Ifrit

Ifrit
http://www.ffcompendium.com/art/9-ifrit-a.jpg
The fiery deamon of hell, he will ravage you with buring attacks, and brutal strike
Gem: Topaz
Spells
3: Flame of hells: Diamond Dust: Deals 5d6+caster wis+1+ 1/2 caster strength, fire damage to all foes with in 40’. Cost 29 Mp

Ramuh

Ramuh
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/f/fb/FFIX-Ramuh.jpg
A wise old man who has mastery over thunder, equaled if not greater than that of Shiva and Ifrit mastery of ice and fire. He has an affinity to justice. Gem: Peridot
Spells
3: Judgment Bolt: Deals 5D6 +caster wis mod to all foes within 40ft. If the foe is evil it takes an additional 2d6 nonelemental damage. Cost: 35 MP.

More later.

Darksword
2009-02-07, 10:16 PM
Advanced Method
This will not be completed for a while. This is just the starting page.

Creating the stats
First Step: Choosing the Base
This represent how the creature look like and their size and basic stat block.

Humanoid (EX: SHIVA, Ramuh, ODIN)
The summon body is humanoid.
HD: D8
BAB: Depends on other
Stat: 50 point buy

ANIMAL
This creature look like an animal
HD: D6
BAB: A animal summon always have full bab
Natural attacks: An animal gets all that apply: forelimb claws 1D8, hindlimb 1d6, Bite 1d10,
Stat: StR: 23, DEX: 15, Con: 20
Wis, int cha: 13, 16, 19 and 5 points to increase any stats.

This is in construction.

Darksword
2009-02-15, 10:13 AM
I have been hard at work on a bunch of things expect update this week.

Fruchtkracher
2009-12-24, 02:10 PM
sorry that i gotta nutpick here, but on the blackmage, water (the second level spell) deals way more damage than the empowered versions of the level one spells, while costing only half the mp

Nero24200
2009-12-24, 05:16 PM
How do you think you might handle other abilities? Such as Insomniac or Auto-Life? One of the subtle advantages melee characters had in FFIX was that they had a wider selection of those types of abilities and could have more active at once.

Darksword
2009-12-24, 11:10 PM
The water problem is fix. And as for other abilities, I do not remember. I sorta quit this project when I got stumped with the monk.

Fruchtkracher
2009-12-25, 05:06 AM
again, 1d4 + 3 is more damage on average than 1d6 + 1 :smallamused:
in addition it still uses less mana AND is force damage, which hits incorporal enemies too - which the others dont.
kinda more powerful

ultima22689
2009-12-25, 01:18 PM
The water problem is fix. And as for other abilities, I do not remember. I sorta quit this project when I got stumped with the monk.

You should keep going, what stumped you precisely?

Nero24200
2009-12-25, 04:52 PM

Hmm...well, if you're struggiling to find a way to integrate them, I've got an idea. Have them as varient feats that can only be taken as specific bonus feats, and grant them to the classes (granting more to melee classes).

Also, looking at the theif, seems pretty good. Though there are one or two minor changes I'd make (for instance, granting flee at 2nd level so that it isn't a dead level).

Zeta Kai
2009-12-25, 07:08 PM

Please don't give up. If you need help, just ask. If you persevere, you'll be much happier with yourself.

Darksword
2009-12-25, 07:57 PM
I've defiantly have decided to continue this project. The monk shall be coming, and some minor changes to theif

Darksword
2009-12-25, 08:34 PM
Martial Bandit
Martial Bandit

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/2/27/AmanoSalamander.jpg
MP per Level: 2D4+2.
1st|+1|+2|+2|+0|Throw, monk abilities (Speed, armor, unarmed strike)
2nd|+2|+3|+3|+0|
3rd|+3|+3|+3|+1|
4th|+4|+4|+4|+1|Flair
5th|+5|+4|+4|+1|
6th|+6/+1|+5|+5|+2|Flair
7th|+7/+2|+5|+5|+2|
8th|+8/+3|+6|+6|+2|Flair
9th|+9/+4|+6|+6|+3|
10th|+10/+5|+7|+7|+3|Flair
11th|+11/+6/+1|+7|+7|+3|
12th|+12/+7/+2|+8|+8|+4|Flair
13th|+13/+8/+3|+8|+8|+4|
14th|+14/+9/+4|+9|+9|+4|Flair
15th|+15/+10/+5|+9|+9|+5|
16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+10|+10|+5|Flair
17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+10|+10|+5|
18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+11|+11|+6|Flair
19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+11|+11|+6|
20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+12|+12|+6|Final Flair[/table]

Class Features
Weapon and Armor: A Martial Bandit is proficient with unarmed strike, claws, and light armor.
Throw (EX): A Martial Bandit can throw any thing specifically weapons. He can throw any thing no penalty up to 35ft away. The weapon deals damage equal to the bandits unarmed damage or the weapon damage (for throwing weapons only???). The object is destroyed upon impact. This is a standard action.
Flair(SU)
The greatest power of a Martial Bandit is its flair ability. This ability calls upon there inner spiritual power to perform great feats of healing and physical. Each time you get flair you choose a new ability. You can choose any ability as long as meet the following prerequisite: The sum of half of two other flair abilities is equal to or greater than the mp cost of the chosen abilities. If zero abilites the total is considered 8 and if you have one you have the cost +8
Spare Change:??
Aura: Choose a target within 50 feet. The target gets Auto-life and regen. Mp cost: 12
Chakrara: Choose an ally within 30 ft. He recovers 1d4+3 hp and mp. Mp Cost: 4
Countdown: Choose a foe with in 40 ft. He must succeed on a fort save (DC: 10+Bandit level+wis mod) or is doomed. Mp Cost: 16
Curse:Choose a foe with in 40 ft. He must succeed on a fort save (DC: 10+Bandit level+wis mod) or takes double damage against a random element (table???) for the remainder of the battle. Mp Cost: 12
DemiShock: ??
No Mercy: Make an attack. You get a +5 to attack and +3d6+4 damage. Cost: 12
Revive:??? (Possibly: alive Choose one ally within 60ft who has 0 or less hp. He is restored to 50% of his full hp. MP Cost: 35.

Final Flair:???

Monk is done. I do have a request. Look over all of the presented stuff. Where there is ?'s post suggestions for what is presented.
All base classes are done. There may be some Prcs, completing the substitution levels and races. Then equipment and monsters.

Darksword
2009-12-25, 08:49 PM
Support Ability Feats

One of the major advantages that melee characters (all characters) had is that they have support abilities. these are easily represented through feats. (Classes will be edited with bonus support feats)
The feats

Reserved