PDA

View Full Version : Ghost_Warlock and the friendly discussion of such.

Mauve Shirt
2009-01-17, 04:05 PM
I was not the only person who checked out this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102408) thread, wondering why we were discussing Ghost_Warlock. I was disappointed when I discovered that we weren't. So I'm rectifying this situation by starting a thread in which we do discuss this creepy-as-hell fine playgrounder. :smallbiggrin: In a friendly manner.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-17, 04:12 PM
I love his ships!:smallbiggrin:

The Neoclassic
2009-01-17, 04:15 PM
I do not know all that much about him, but I have seen him around and he seems like one cool dude.

Also, good thought on starting this thread! I bet it will last longer without getting locked than that other one! :smallwink:

Thanatos 51-50
2009-01-17, 04:16 PM
Oh, a pardoy thread? Can I play?

Coidzor
2009-01-17, 04:38 PM
I was so scared that GW was going to be leaving us with some kind of catastrophe or that someone had discovered his deep dark secret of being an undead killing machine....

Thufir
2009-01-17, 04:56 PM
I had that thought when I saw that thread.

Of course, I also have a slight problem whereby whenever I see his username abbreviated to GW it makes me think of MGS2.

Fredthefighter
2009-01-17, 05:00 PM
Ghost Warlock always seems to be polite despite being creepy. He also writes good ships. I would be proud to call him a friend of mine. (I can look past the creepy part)

Destro_Yersul
2009-01-17, 05:17 PM

Of course, I also have a slight problem whereby whenever I see his username abbreviated to GW it makes me think of MGS2.

I have a similar problem, being a huge fan of the products put out by Games Workshop. I have to look twice whenever GW comes up, just so I don't start rambling about miniatures.

Ghost Warlock is awesome though, and I have a healthy amount of respect for the man, be he creepy or not.

Thufir
2009-01-17, 05:22 PM
Another thought which just occurred: If you remove the last two words of this thread's title, it sounds like a parody of Harry Potter. Ghost Warlock and the Friendly Discussion

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-17, 05:31 PM
Another thought which just occurred: If you remove the last two words of this thread's title, it sounds like a parody of Harry Potter. Ghost Warlock and the Friendly Discussion
I call dibs on writing this!

Mauve Shirt
2009-01-17, 05:31 PM
Oh yes, someone really needs to write that. XD

Coidzor
2009-01-17, 05:32 PM
Go west and to it, young man. :smalltongue:

Good idear, there, Thurfir.

Hmm. So how did Ghost Warlock get his reputation set in stone as one creepy guy?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-17, 05:35 PM
I will write it, but first! Sleep!

On that note, I need a proper (arch) nemesis, anybody volunteering?

Coidzor, the daggers....The daggers....

Mauve Shirt
2009-01-17, 05:36 PM
Just one example (http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq339/ghost_warlock/katarred.jpg) from the You thread.

bluewind95
2009-01-17, 06:17 PM
I think he used to have this very neat avatar of purple avatarness and stuff. I liked that avatar.

The Neoclassic
2009-01-17, 10:17 PM
Where is Ghost Warlock? Has he not yet responded to this thread? A travesty!

Doran_Liadon
2009-01-17, 10:23 PM
Thats exactly what i was thinking...

Moff Chumley
2009-01-17, 10:38 PM
Just one example (http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq339/ghost_warlock/katarred.jpg) from the You thread.

Can we turn this thread into a fan club?

Recaiden
2009-01-17, 10:40 PM

I volunteer.

@^Yes. Welcome to the first meeting of the Gitp Ghost Warlock Fanclub

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-01-17, 11:00 PM
:smallconfused: Isn't it against forum rules to talk about specific people in the community?

Raistlin1040
2009-01-17, 11:02 PM
...Why would that be a rule?

TRM
2009-01-17, 11:05 PM
...Why would that be a rule?
It would be a great rule, that's why.

"As Banjo said earlier in that clownish voice of his—" Mod-Hammer BANNED

The Neoclassic
2009-01-17, 11:06 PM
I recently read through the rules of posting, and I just scanned it again and did not see any such rule. If I am missing it, please do cite. Anyway, here is the list of banned topics, just for reference:

Inappropriate Topics
The following topics are always off-limits on these forums, no matter what (hence, Inappropriate Topics). Any posts including these topics will be edited, and any threads started to discuss these topics will be locked. Please note that, as specifically stated below, these topics remain off-limits even where they intersect with gaming or other activities discussed on these forums, and that putting an alert for “Adult” or “Mature” content on the thread does not allow circumvention of this rule.

Real-world religions (including religious reactions to gaming)
Real-world politics (including political reactions to gaming)
Graphic violence
Illegal drugs
Criminal activity
Explicit sexuality

In addition, we include a few barred topics that are specific to these forums. These particular topics are barred as they have been found to be generally inflammatory and do not contribute anything useful to the forum as a whole.

Missed/Late Comics: Threads speculating on when a comic will be posted or why it may be late will be locked; this does not apply to official threads started by site staff providing notification of a late comic. This applies to both Order of the Stick and Erfworld.
Rules/Moderator Complaints: Our forum rules have all been carefully considered before being implemented, and we do expect that all users abide by them, even if they do not fully agree with them. We are happy to answer questions about the rules in the Board/Site Issues forum, but any threads that are purely complaints about existing rules will be removed, as would any threads consisting of complaints about specific moderators, or the moderators in general. If you have a concern involving a moderator, we ask that you send a PM to WampaX, the board guru for these forums.
Protesting Bannings/Glorifying or Discussing Banned Posters: We value our posters, and take care only to ban posters who commit egregious or repeated violations of our Rules. Once that action is taken, though, it is an Inappropriate topic to discuss, glorify, or memorialize banned posters or their rules violations. We have found in the past that such displays are disruptive to the community. If you have a concern regarding a banned poster, we ask that you send a PM to WampaX, the board guru for these forums.

Again, if I missed it, please do point out where it is since I clearly missed an important rules update. :smallredface:

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-01-17, 11:15 PM
I remember seeing a thread discussing the banning of a member, and I believe it was locked for the afformentioned reason.

The Neoclassic
2009-01-17, 11:21 PM
Ah, see, that's because he was a banned member, not because it was a person from the forums. They just don't want banned members discussed because that involves moderator calls and possible nasty feelings. As the Post Rules I have in the spoiler show, it specifies banned members, not members in general. :smallsmile:

FoE
2009-01-17, 11:30 PM
Everyone knows that Ghost Warlock is a myth perpetuated by the liberal media. Oh sure, he may exist, but I doubt that he was created by humans. It's just an excuse to drive up the price of shampoo.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-01-17, 11:45 PM
Ah, see, that's because he was a banned member, not because it was a person from the forums. They just don't want banned members discussed because that involves moderator calls and possible nasty feelings. As the Post Rules I have in the spoiler show, it specifies banned members, not members in general. :smallsmile:

Oh. I'm a moron.:smallredface:

The Neoclassic
2009-01-17, 11:56 PM
Oh. I'm a moron.:smallredface:

Psht, not at all. Better to be on the safe side and mention it. How embarrassing would it be if we got locked before the other GW thread! :smallbiggrin:

Everyone knows that Ghost Warlock is a myth perpetuated by the liberal media. Oh sure, he may exist, but I doubt that he was created by humans. It's just an excuse to drive up the prices of shampoo.

Bah! Who did create him, then?

Recaiden
2009-01-18, 12:05 AM
Has GW been banned!?:smalleek: oh. I believe we can't talk about him if he was, and we can't make some sort of anti-GW thread, but talking about him should be okay, right?

@^The chocolate ones.

Sneak
2009-01-18, 12:11 AM
Yes, Zousha is right. It is against the rules to talk about a specific board member.

You didn't see anything... :smallwink:

In any case...I don't know GW very well, but his consistently manic expression has won me over.

Also, I heard he once held an opponent's wife's hand. In a jar of acid. At a party.

Coidzor
2009-01-18, 12:40 AM
On a horse made of crystal he patrolled the land, with a mason ring and schnauzer in his perfect hands...

I say though, he probably does need more Dakka!

KnightDisciple
2009-01-18, 12:40 AM
This "Ghost Warlock" chap seems like a strong, upstanding member of this community (albeit with slightly scary pictures involving sharp objects). I would wager he fears very little.
:smallwink:

Serpentine
2009-01-18, 12:44 AM
Another thought which just occurred: If you remove the last two words of this thread's title, it sounds like a parody of Harry Potter. Ghost Warlock and the Friendly DiscussionThis made me... not so much "laugh out loud", but more than just smirk... Kinda huff quietly to myself.

Ummm...

The world today seems absolutely crackers,
With nuclear bombs to blow us all sky high.
There's fools and idiots sitting on the trigger.
It's depressing and it's senseless, and that's why...
I like Ghost Warlock.
I like Ghost Warlock.
He comes up to your... beanstalk,
Yet he's always friendly, and he's ready to talk.

I like Ghost Warlock.
I like Ghost Warlock.
There's only a single one of him in the world today.
You'd could learn to like him; that's what I say.

I like Ghost Warlock.
I like Ghost Warlock.
He comes from a long way overseas,
But he's cute and he's creepy, and he's ready to please.

I like that Ghost Warlock dude.
He is only rarely rude.
Think of the many things he's done to impress.
His avis, makeup, creepiness, and... flouresce?

So I like Ghost Warlock.
I like Ghost Warlock.
I like his tiny little ****,
His face, his chit-chat, his style and buttstock*.

I like Ghost Warlock thought,
The wisdom that heavy metal taught.
If Sneak is anything to shout about,
Ghost Warlock will survive us all without any doubt.

So, I like Ghost Warlock.
I like Ghost Warlock.
He comes up to your... beanstalk.
Yet he's wise and he's witty, and he's ready to talk.

All together.

[verse in Chinese]
Wo ai 鬼魂魔术师. (I like Ghost Warlock.)
Ni hao ma; ni hao ma; ni hao ma; zaijien! (How are you; how are you; how are you; goodbye!)

I like Ghost Warlock.
I like Ghost Warlock.
His speech is guaranteed to please,
A converse, a discourse, a prate, and cookies.

So I like Ghost Warlock.
I like Ghost Warlock.
I like his tiny little :smalleek:,

I like Ghost Warlock.
I like Ghost Warlock...
*I just liked the word "buttstock". No idea what it is. Something to do with guns?

Coidzor
2009-01-18, 12:52 AM
*I just liked the word "buttstock". No idea what it is. Something to do with guns?

Yes. Long guns like rifles and shotguns have stock, the end of which is referred to as the butt. Sometimes the stock is called the buttstock or shoulder stock. *shrug*

Nice bit of effort there. Fairly good.

Serpentine
2009-01-18, 12:55 AM
Hur hur, buttstock.

Only fairly? :smallfrown: :tongue:

Coidzor
2009-01-18, 01:00 AM
Well it's not perfect or anything. I'm not going to go and give you a bigger head than the one yer mum gave you. That'd just be cruel to her to go back and time and do a job up on your ol' brain case.

Is nice. :smalltongue:

TwoBitWriter
2009-01-18, 01:10 AM
How did I NOT see this thread earlier?!?!

GW is easly one of my best buds in the playground. He is one of the most talented writers I know, as well as being one of the brightest. I have never been so... interested in what someone has to say on any topic you can come up with.

ghost_warlock
2009-01-18, 01:14 AM
:eek::biggrin:
I am the Pumpkin King!
:smalltongue:

Oh my...how else to respond? :smallredface:

I was not the only person who checked out this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102408) thread, wondering why we were discussing Ghost_Warlock. I was disappointed when I discovered that we weren't. So I'm rectifying this situation by starting a thread in which we do discuss this creepy-as-hell fine playgrounder. :smallbiggrin: In a friendly manner.

It's funny...I was just talking about this sort of thing the other day in my recently-resurrected LJ-blog. And, now, I have to say...

GW IS A N00B, A TOOL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tja6_h4lT6A)!!! HIS FACE IS DUMB AND HIS WRITING IS DUMB AND HIM IS TALENTLESS GRAVE-ROBBING NAZI HIPPIE!!!! HE TOUCHED MY INAPPROPRIATELY IN MY BRAIN!!!

*gains 5000 Aspiration points for trolling himself*

Now, I have to say, Mauvey you are fantastically crush-a-licious! Thank you for creating this travesty of a thread. :smallblush:

(Small note: I'm eventually set up to be interviewed for GtKaP, but this won't take place until around May, I believe.)

I love his ships!:smallbiggrin:
I did it all for the cookies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVeCXKycKxs). :smallcool:

I do not know all that much about him, but I have seen him around and he seems like one cool dude.

Also, good thought on starting this thread! I bet it will last longer without getting locked than that other one! :smallwink:

GW IS NOT COOL HE IS A PARROKET WITH A FACE MUCH RESEMBLING A FUNNEL CAKE!!!!1!

Oh, a pardoy thread? Can I play?

The monkey bars are on the left, the slide is on the right, and the swings are straight-ahead. Beware the naked man with running shoes (http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/1998-11-09/index.html).

I was so scared that GW was going to be leaving us with some kind of catastrophe or that someone had discovered his deep dark secret of being an undead killing machine....

This is actually a constant fear for me. Almost every day I think about being killed in a car accident or being seriously assaulted at work. I would subsequently vanish from the Playground and I wondered if/how many people would notice.

I have actually never played that game...
>>
<<

Ghost Warlock always seems to be polite despite being creepy. He also writes good ships. I would be proud to call him a friend of mine. (I can look past the creepy part)

For now you say that, Fred. For now... :smallamused:

I have a similar problem, being a huge fan of the products put out by Games Workshop. I have to look twice whenever GW comes up, just so I don't start rambling about miniatures.

Ghost Warlock is awesome though, and I have a healthy amount of respect for the man, be he creepy or not.

I used to collect/paint minis, mostly Warhammer, HeroQuest, and the random pre-randomized plastic D&D ones.

The respect is mutual, Destro. Honestly, you can expect as much from me for anyone who holds the fondess of a certain Creepy Rabbit but, beyond that, I've certainly enjoyed your contributions to the 'shipping thread on their own merits as well. Your What If? series is especially interesting to me as a thought-experiment/exploration of what might have been.

I call dibs on writing this!

Oh yes, someone really needs to write that. XD

Of course, I heartily endorse anything that inspires/leads to the creation of new ships! :smallbiggrin:

Go west and to it, young man. :smalltongue:

Good idear, there, Thurfir.

Hmm. So how did Ghost Warlock get his reputation set in stone as one creepy guy?

Well, it all started when my mommy didn't really love my daddy, but was interested in some chemical he was selling...

Okay, maybe that's not what you meant, after all. :smallredface:

I think my reputation may have begun to solidify here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5321822&postcount=104).

I actually think that everyone appropriate for an arch-nemesis has long-since left or been banned. I...have not always had friendly relations with everyone here. :smallredface: Honestly, I think it all started as a misunderstanding and was exacerbated by PM discussions about Inappropriate Topics. Since, I heartily endorse the forum ban of speaking about these topics. Such things are best handled elsewhere.

That said, I will admit to a (hopefully healthy) rivalry with Helgraf for the title of creepiest 'shipper. I think he has me beat, right now, since he's been at it longer and I haven't contributed much to the thread lately other than updating the archives. I really should get around to declaring my respect for him in the Crush thread, but I'm not sure that'd be appropriate for a 'arch-nemesis.' :smalltongue: Also, though he hasn't written much for the thread yet, Draken is also an up-and-coming creepy-fic writer I hold in some esteem and expect some delicious horribleness out of for the thread(s) in the future. :smallcool:

But, yeah, the daggers probably helped. :smalltongue:

BEST XMAS GIFT, EVAH! :biggrin:

I think he used to have this very neat avatar of purple avatarness and stuff. I liked that avatar.

I've actually got a bunch of purple avatars, let's see if I can't dig some of them up...

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq339/ghost_warlock/earinME.gif
Okay, not really purple, but it was my first OotS-ified me-atar that wasn't some rubbish I made. It's by Earin, fyi.
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq339/ghost_warlock/swdwlkfireistly.png
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq339/ghost_warlock/swdwlkfireapc3.png
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq339/ghost_warlock/swordwlk2.png
I have others, but they're not being stored on photobucket currently so I'll have to add them later.

Where is Ghost Warlock? Has he not yet responded to this thread? A travesty!

Thats exactly what i was thinking...

Sorry, I'm semi-nocturnal. I typically go to bed at about 1:30pm and sleep until about 9:30pm.

You see, I work the overnight shift at a Psychiatric Mental Institute for Children (PMIC). Clients range in age from 12 to 18 and have a variety of concerns and diagnoses, frequently PTSD, ODD, Depression, Bipolar disorders, AD/HD, other behavioral issues, and rarely schizophrenia-and-the-like (we don't really have the facilities to accomodate severe psychosis). The unit I work on is co-ed because of a "Crisis" observation room the agency reserves. (Essentially, the unit has to be capable of accomodating a extra male or female client who is brought directly from the hospital and are housed here for evaluation over a 24/48/72-hour time frame. Usually...).

I had my Walter Kovacs/Rorschach moment a few years back while reading a personal account by one of our (now-former) clients about the...things...done to her. It was written in crayon since there was a risk she'd seriously self-mutilate with anything else she was given to write with. :smallfrown:

Unlike Kovacs, though, I do not have a face so I have to get by with the mask alone.

Um...:smalleek: I'll respond more later; right now I've got work to do - my hallway needs me.

Serpentine
2009-01-18, 01:17 AM
I know, I know. I just knocked it out, and really the original song's a bit dodgy anyway :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2009-01-18, 01:19 AM
I suppose that guilty pleasrues post might have gotten you your reputation yeah. I'd just like to say that the only thing non amazing about GW is his avatar.
So who gave you that katar?

TwoBitWriter
2009-01-18, 01:20 AM
I regret that I was too late to be apart of GW's super-post! :smallfrown:

Silly not getting the computer soon enough!

Inyssius Tor
2009-01-18, 01:26 AM
Ah, here's the part of the Rules that made certain people hereabouts uncertain about the legality of this thread!

# Groups where the function is to voice opposition to a specific real-world person or group. While you can form an Anti-James Bond group, you cannot form an Anti-Ian Fleming group, because Ian Fleming is a real person. No, it doesn't matter that he is unlikely to post in these forums on account of the fact that he died in 1964; groups set up in opposition to real people are not permitted.

Since we're being friendly here, and (aside from one person :smallannoyed:) have avoided dissing the person in question, we appear to be just fine rules-wise.

KnightDisciple
2009-01-18, 01:33 AM
Wow GW. That's a.)kinda freaky, since those are my rough hours of sleep too. Stop stalking my sleep cycles! :smallwink:
b.)Much respect for what you do. One of those needed professions that far too few seem to go into these days. I know I'd probably get depressed or something myself, seeing that much bad stuff day in and out. *Various expressions of admiration and solidarity follow* :smallsmile:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-18, 01:38 AM
Ghost is my favoritist Uncle evar. The bestest.

His brainmeats are fantastic, he's probably the most interesting person I've ever heard (or read) words spew from, and there's noone I've ever wished to emulate quite as much.
You roxxors, Uncle Ghosty.

ghost_warlock
2009-01-18, 05:35 AM
Can we turn this thread into a fan club?

If The People want such a thing, who would I be to deny them? :smallcool:

I volunteer.

@^Yes. Welcome to the first meeting of the Gitp Ghost Warlock Fanclub

Again, more fics are always welcome by me; especially if I'm somehow featured in said fics. :smallwink:

Also: Yay! I can haz fanclub! :smallbiggrin:

Everyone knows that Ghost Warlock is a myth perpetuated by the liberal media. Oh sure, he may exist, but I doubt that he was created by humans. It's just an excuse to drive up the price of shampoo.

Not shampoo, my dear lad, but shaving cream. I shave my head and I'd assume my immitators would as well. :smallwink:

Psht, not at all. Better to be on the safe side and mention it. How embarrassing would it be if we got locked before the other GW thread! :smallbiggrin:

Quite embarrassing (and disappointing) indeed!

Bah! Who did create him, then?

I...don't really think I was created by anybody so much as I just became aware of myself and started collecting memories. :smallconfused:

Has GW been banned!?:smalleek: oh. I believe we can't talk about him if he was, and we can't make some sort of anti-GW thread, but talking about him should be okay, right?

@^The chocolate ones.

I think I would have noticed if I'd been banned. :smalleek: Let's just hope it doesn't come to that...and I think I'd have to do something particularly malicious since I'm not saddled with any current infractions (the only one I've ever had expired in December).

As for an anti-GW thread, I'd actually be sort-of-okay with it except for it technically being against the rules. Heck, I'd probably post more scathing stuff, and more frequently, than anyone else! :smalltongue:

Mmmm. Chocolate... *nom*

Yes, Zousha is right. It is against the rules to talk about a specific board member.

You didn't see anything... :smallwink:

In any case...I don't know GW very well, but his consistently manic expression has won me over.

Also, I heard he once held an opponent's wife's hand. In a jar of acid. At a party.

After seeing the true face of the world, being manic is the only thing that makes any sense.

>>
<<

As for the hand, actually, it was Balsamic vinegar. Much more delicious once soaked appropriately long.

On a horse made of crystal he patrolled the land, with a mason ring and schnauzer in his perfect hands...

I say though, he probably does need more Dakka!

I am six-foot-twenty, after all.

This "Ghost Warlock" chap seems like a strong, upstanding member of this community (albeit with slightly scary pictures involving sharp objects). I would wager he fears very little.

I fear exactly one thing: the ban-hammer.

And fish, sort of.

And I'm a little acrophobic.

Vael and Agamid scare me a little, too, for completely different reasons.

This made me... not so much "laugh out loud", but more than just smirk... Kinda huff quietly to myself.

Ummm...

The world today seems absolutely crackers,
With nuclear bombs to blow us all sky high.
There's fools and idiots sitting on the trigger.
It's depressing and it's senseless, and that's why...
I like Ghost Warlock.
I like Ghost Warlock.
He comes up to your... beanstalk,
Yet he's always friendly, and he's ready to talk.

I like Ghost Warlock.
I like Ghost Warlock.
There's only a single one of him in the world today.
You'd could learn to like him; that's what I say.

I like Ghost Warlock.
I like Ghost Warlock.
He comes from a long way overseas,
But he's cute and he's creepy, and he's ready to please.

I like that Ghost Warlock dude.
He is only rarely rude.
Think of the many things he's done to impress.
His avis, makeup, creepiness, and... flouresce?

So I like Ghost Warlock.
I like Ghost Warlock.
I like his tiny little ****,

I like Ghost Warlock thought,
The wisdom that heavy metal taught.
If Sneak is anything to shout about,
Ghost Warlock will survive us all without any doubt.

So, I like Ghost Warlock.
I like Ghost Warlock.
He comes up to your... beanstalk.
Yet he's wise and he's witty, and he's ready to talk.

All together.

[verse in Chinese]
Ni hao ma; ni hao ma; ni hao ma; zaijien! (How are you; how are you; how are you; goodbye!)

I like Ghost Warlock.
I like Ghost Warlock.
His speech is guaranteed to please,
A converse, a discourse, a prate, and cookies.

So I like Ghost Warlock.
I like Ghost Warlock.
I like his tiny little :smalleek:,

I like Ghost Warlock.
I like Ghost Warlock...

:biggrin:

Serpentine, darling, if this thread hadn't already floored me, this would have more than done the trick.

I think I'm a little bit in love with you now. :smallredface: Of course, as you know, I was already quite impressed with you to begin with. :redface:

Hur hur, buttstock.

Only fairly? :smallfrown: :tongue:

*I* was quite flattered. :smallsmile:

How did I NOT see this thread earlier?!?!

Dunno. Mayhaps the thread was incorporeal at the time? :smallwink:

GW is easly one of my best buds in the playground. He is one of the most talented writers I know, as well as being one of the brightest. I have never been so... interested in what someone has to say on any topic you can come up with.

So says the guy who's pretty much responsible for dragging me, kicking and screaming, into corresponding over messengers and resurrecting my LJ blog where I post all those things he's so interested. :smallamused: I credit VT for leading me to GitP, Rabbit for allowing me to cling to her coat-tails of stardom, and TwoBit for making me open up and speak out (even if I do most of that elsewhere).

To be honest, though, I often fear a lynch-mob when I start musing/ranting. I'm glad there's a few people who appreciate my thoughts, even if I know that some of the things I write are controversial and, despite this thread, largely unpopular. As such, maybe I should shut my trap about it as this is supposed to be a "friendly" discussion and I don't want to be the one responsible to derailing that...
>>
<<

I know, I know. I just knocked it out, and really the original song's a bit dodgy anyway :smalltongue:

Dodgy or not, I'm enamored with it; very much so with your version. :smallsmile:

I suppose that guilty pleasrues post might have gotten you your reputation yeah.

My creepiness had probably started earlier, but I think that was the first time it received noticable attention, yes. :smallwink:

I'd just like to say that the only thing non amazing about GW is his avatar.

You don't like my The Descent-atar? Eh, it's supposed to represent my underused-Freeform character Pickman. I keep trying to come up with an OotS-style version but everything I make myself looks like rubbish and nobody's volunteered to make one. I don't want to impose on anyone via PM so I'll be content to go without.

Anyway, thank you for the compliment! :smallbiggrin: I don't usually consider myself so amazing, but I'm (pretty much) happy with being who I am. Besides, if you think I'm amazing, who am I to argue? :smallwink:

So who gave you that katar?

It was a gift from my girlfriend. She knew I'd been wanting one for ages and figured it'd make a fantastic present. She was right. :smallbiggrin:

I regret that I was too late to be apart of GW's super-post! :smallfrown:

Silly not getting the computer soon enough!

Well, I would have made the post longer but, since I do a good deal of my posting at work (when it's quiet and calm, anyway), I am sometimes drug away from GitP to deal with...whatever concerns the clients have during the night, from night terrors to headaches and nosebleeds and the usual complaints of kids/adolescents.

Also, I had 'ships to archive and I didn't want this thread (as much as I'm lovin' it) and my attention-whoring to get in the way of my duty to 'ship-central! :smallwink:

Ah, here's the part of the Rules that made certain people hereabouts uncertain about the legality of this thread!

Since we're being friendly here, and (aside from one person :smallannoyed:) have avoided dissing the person in question, we appear to be just fine rules-wise.

Is someone else being unfriendly? Besides me, I mean? :smallconfused: From what I've read, I'm the only person being even slighty offensive. Damn me bastard! :smallannoyed:

Anyway, if someone actually wanted to make a ghost_warlock group or some such, if it's against the rules to make an anti-ghost_warlock group then it's against the rules and that's all there is to say about it. But I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to a parodic anti-ghost_warlock group like "ghost_warlock ate my baby" or "ghost_warlock: Mythos Menace" or "ghost_warlock & other mistakes of nature." :smalltongue:

Wow GW. That's a.)kinda freaky, since those are my rough hours of sleep too. Stop stalking my sleep cycles! :smallwink:
b.)Much respect for what you do. One of those needed professions that far too few seem to go into these days. I know I'd probably get depressed or something myself, seeing that much bad stuff day in and out. *Various expressions of admiration and solidarity follow* :smallsmile:

Except when I'm being polite (and sometimes even then), freaky is kinda what I do. :smallwink:

And, yes, it can be quite depressing and extremely frustrating; both from the administration/funding perspective as well as on a direct-care level. I don't really want to go into too many details because, yeah, politics and confidentiality, but some of these 'kids' have seen/experienced far worse horrors in their (relatively short) lives than I could otherwise dream up or write about. As a result, some of their choices are really not the best and they do quite a bit of (sometimes intentional) self-sabotage. :smallfrown: For my part, I mostly just consider myself a cog in the machine of socialization, trying to lend these kids' lives a semblance of normalcy or, really, just someplace safe for a change.

I am the guardian of their sleep, watching over them and doing my best to chase away the nightmares for a few hours at least. Daylight will no doubt bring chaos, but I strive to maintain a quiet, peaceful environment for them to rest. :smallsigh:

In the meantime, I sit and watch and stew; daydreaming freakish (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5327855&postcount=445) horrors (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5563834&postcount=1031) of my own to inflict on the 'shipping thread. :smallamused:

Ghost is my favoritist Uncle evar. The bestest.

His brainmeats are fantastic, he's probably the most interesting person I've ever heard (or read) words spew from, and there's noone I've ever wished to emulate quite as much.
You roxxors, Uncle Ghosty.

:redface:

Well, as I've said here and before, I credit you with a lot of my somewhat-popularity. I consider myself cool-by-association with the illustrious RabbitHolelost. :smallsmile:

You're, likewise, my bestest, favoritist niece and I've made no secret of the fact you inspire me with your own delicious brainmeats - both when I'm writing fics and otherwise. :smallsmile:

Much love to she who's lost down the rabbit hole. :smallwink:

Serpentine
2009-01-18, 08:20 AM
:biggrin:
Serpentine, darling, if this thread hadn't already floored me, this would have more than done the trick.
I think I'm a little bit in love with you now. :smallredface: Of course, as you know, I was already quite impressed with you to begin with. :redface:
*I* was quite flattered. :smallsmile:
Dodgy or not, I'm enamored with it; very much so with your version. :smallsmile:^_^ :redface:

Fredthefighter
2009-01-18, 08:33 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Mauve Shirt
2009-01-18, 10:01 AM
Yay, Ghost_Warlock thinks I'm crushable! *tacklehugs*
I am pleased to see he found this thread, with all of the discussion about how this might be against the rules, I was kinda nervous he'd only get to see it locked.

randman22222
2009-01-18, 10:12 AM
I have decided to write a song about Ghost_Warlock. That is all.

dish
2009-01-18, 10:20 AM
So, there shall be awesome songs for an awesome dude. This is good.

Fredthefighter
2009-01-18, 10:22 AM

Yes, yes it is.

randman22222
2009-01-18, 10:56 AM
Okay! Okay! I got the basic chord progression!

It goes: A, Cmaj9, Dmaj11, Cmaj7, and repeat. Obviously, there'll be variation at some point. :smallconfused:

ghost_warlock
2009-01-18, 01:01 PM
^_^ :redface:

@}-,-'- :biggrin:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Yay, Ghost_Warlock thinks I'm crushable! *tacklehugs*

You've actually been on my Crush list for a while now, Mauvey. :smallwink:

I am pleased to see he found this thread, with all of the discussion about how this might be against the rules, I was kinda nervous he'd only get to see it locked.

I was a bit nervous that I wouldn't be able to respond to it, yes. Fortunately, things were relatively quiet at work last night. :smallsmile:

I have decided to write a song about Ghost_Warlock. That is all.

:eek::redface::biggrin:

Yes, yes it is.

I concur. :smallbiggrin:

Okay! Okay! I got the basic chord progression!

It goes: A, Cmaj9, Dmaj11, Cmaj7, and repeat. Obviously, there'll be variation at some point. :smallconfused:

Now I just have to figure out a way to find out what that sounds like. :smallwink:

Fredthefighter
2009-01-18, 01:03 PM
What was that for? I'm a little scared now :smalleek:
(For the record, it takes a lot to scare someone with a +21 Will save bonus)

FdL
2009-01-18, 01:11 PM
I don't know why the poster in the other thread assumed people know he refers to global warming as GW. That was his first mistake.

In any case, GW could have well been:

-Guild Wars
-George W. (Bush) >.>
-Games Workshop
-Great Wall (of China fame)
-Gaining Weight
-Gay Whales (etc)

Remember, kids. The other people don't have internet telepathy. Use the gift of written speech to make your ideas as clear as possible and as accessible as you can ;)

Fredthefighter
2009-01-18, 01:14 PM
It could've meant: God Where (Did I put my keys)

Coidzor
2009-01-18, 01:23 PM
*summons spongemonkeys*

We like his ships!
Cuz they are good for us
and then they make our minds go high
like the zeppelins... or maybe dirigibles!
But like the kite we are high high high

and mind-ray-aped!

Do! Dodo dodo do dododododo

:smallbiggrin:

Fredthefighter
2009-01-18, 01:28 PM
*summons spongemonkeys*

We like his ships!
Cuz they are good for us

and mind-ray-aped!

I think I just lost all of my SAN points in one go there.

FdL
2009-01-18, 02:26 PM

I think that's evidence that he did :)

Fredthefighter
2009-01-18, 02:31 PM

Cat not for sale!

Coidzor
2009-01-18, 02:40 PM
Sail cat is sailing in the air to slice through all who dare hail Zenon or Zeon or Zion or whatever that principality is called.

mmmm... Habeus Papam....

V: I don't know, I was just trying to get in on the spouting of inanities in reverential worship of the Ghost.... :smallfrown:

So much for being the King of Non-Sequitus...

Fredthefighter
2009-01-18, 02:46 PM
Sail cat is sailing in the air to slice through all who dare hail Zenon or Zeon or Zion or whatever that principality is called.

mmmm... Habeus Papam....

? just ? or maybe :smallconfused: or even :confused:

ghost_warlock
2009-01-18, 02:58 PM
What was that for? I'm a little scared now :smalleek:
:amused:

(For the record, it takes a lot to scare someone with a +21 Will save bonus)

Will save? What is this 'Will save' you speak of? (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=100929)

I don't know why the poster in the other thread assumed people know he refers to global warming as GW. That was his first mistake.

It could've meant: God Where (Did I put my keys)

He could have been referring to Great Waffles, for all we know. And I know that at least a few forumites would be quite pleased with such a discussion.

But that's not what this thread is for! Back! On! Topic! *FWOOSH!*

*summons spongemonkeys*

We like his ships!
Cuz they are good for us

and mind-ray-aped!

:biggrin::tongue:

As you see, Fred, Coidzor has long-forsaken your crutch of sanity and now dances in the truth of madness.

Embrace insanity, Freddy my darling daffodil. What has your mind ever done for you, anyway?

From the wrinkles in his eyes and quiver on his teeth, I think you're right.

Cat not for sale!

But, do not forget, the canary sleeps in darkness.

Fredthefighter
2009-01-18, 03:13 PM
:amused:
Will save? What is this 'Will save' you speak of? (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=100929)
He could have been referring to Great Waffles, for all we know. And I know that at least a few forumites would be quite pleased with such a discussion.
:biggrin::tongue:
As you see, Fred, Coidzor has long-forsaken your crutch of sanity and now dances in the truth of madness.
Embrace insanity, Freddy my darling daffodil. What has your mind ever done for you, anyway?
But, do not forget, the canary sleeps in darkness.

This Will save is in my character sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=98857) (3.5 forever)
Bongo, wanga, patooey,
Ride ma dolphin wigs,
Nocka allota kaloopas,
My sanity broke like a twig.
My mind has done me quite a lot of good actually, it allows me to do well in school and it allows me to know right from wrong.
Ah but the cat lurks in the tomato juice where as the mouse hides in the hat of a canary.

Thes Hunter
2009-01-18, 08:24 PM
OMG, yes!

I know I am late to the party... but yeah, I really wanted to have a nice friendly discussion of GW and why he seems to like to appear in my dreams.

Though he hasn't been the only playgrounder in my dreams recently.

<.<
>.>

TwoBitWriter
2009-01-18, 10:05 PM
OMG, yes!

I know I am late to the party... but yeah, I really wanted to have a nice friendly discussion of GW and why he seems to like to appear in my dreams.

<.<
>.>

It's okay, I know you are totally crushing on me, it's okay to admit to me being in your dreams. :smallamused:

Seriously, I have had two dreams with GW in them now.

ghost_warlock
2009-01-18, 10:28 PM
Well, you know what they say...
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Ghost Warlock R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Saint Nil
2009-01-18, 10:44 PM
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Ghost Warlock R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Quoted for truth.:smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2009-01-19, 12:02 AM
Great. That is just what we need. More Cthuhlu cultists running around here.
It took me weeks to clean up the last batch.

ghost_warlock
2009-01-19, 02:22 AM

mmmm... Habeus Papam....
More like Habeus Avunculum
>>
<<

V: I don't know, I was just trying to get in on the spouting of inanities in reverential worship of the Ghost.... :smallfrown:
Just a note; as the Oh, God of Antitheism, GW approves of inanities but worship should be irreverential. Also, He accepts only ur-priests into service. Seems like every time a temple devoted to him springs up, some other fanatical worshipper comes along and sprays graffiti all over the place, defecates on the sacrificial altar, and jams saurkraut down all the shower drains in the dorms. Ah, good times, good times. :smallamused:

And then there was that one time with the noodles...

So much for being the King of Non-Sequitus...

Do this seaweed make my kneecaps look fat?

? just ? or maybe :smallconfused: or even :confused:

Did I ever tell you about the time I invented a punctuation mark? It's called the exclacomma and it denotes a dramatic pause. Damn thing still hasn't made its way onto keyboards, though. :smallannoyed:

This Will save is in my character sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=98857) (3.5 forever)
Bongo, wanga, patooey,
Ride ma dolphin wigs,
Nocka allota kaloopas,
My sanity broke like a twig.
My mind has done me quite a lot of good actually, it allows me to do well in school and it allows me to know right from wrong.
Ah but the cat lurks in the tomato juice where as the mouse hides in the hat of a canary.

Tell you what, become an English-major and focus on Postmodernism and then you'll see how much good sanity does for the red-in-the-goldfish-keygrip. Ever read Glas by Jacques Derrida? Not a bad piece of literature if I don't wax my laundry-modules myself. :smallsmile:

The juice has been drank by the man in the yellow aardvaark with the canary hat worn by seven brides' hospitals. Mice are better smashed flat and spread on clay pigeons with a sprinkle of grapeseed. Buggrit.

OMG, yes!

<.<
>.>
Dreams are the Playground where the beloved mods don't scrub posts, my dear Thes. :smallwink:

It's okay, I know you are totally crushing on me, it's okay to admit to me being in your dreams. :smallamused:

Seriously, I have had two dreams with GW in them now.
I think you and Thes may have stolen my dream-self as I can't remember a single dream for weeks now. :smallconfused:

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Ghost Warlock R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"Quoted for truth.:smalltongue:
Quoted again for the hardladies. :smallamused:

Great. That is just what we need. More Cthuhlu cultists running around here.
It took me weeks to clean up the last batch.
See, that's your problem. The proper response to Cthulhu parties is not to clean up after them, but host them somewhere you can just burn the place down afterwards. Or even during. It's really best for everyone that way.

Ghost Warlock cultist parties, I've found, don't burn so well, though. Too soggy, I guess. *shrug*

KnightDisciple
2009-01-19, 02:35 AM
Hm. Fire really does seem to be the solution to nearly everything.
I should experiment further.
I wonder if having a Catholic priest bless the napalm will make the Cthulu cultists burn better? :smallbiggrin:
Also, GW, props again for you job! Just because you're awesome! :smallamused:

Thanatos 51-50
2009-01-19, 02:48 AM
The solution, as it is with everything, is massed lasgun fire.

Everything is better wth massed lasgun fire. Because massed lasgun fire is Love.
If you're really set on fire, though, theres some women in power armour out there that squirt things with holy napalm...

ghost_warlock
2009-01-19, 03:07 AM
Hm. Fire really does seem to be the solution to nearly everything.
I should experiment further.
I wonder if having a Catholic priest bless the napalm will make the Cthulu cultists burn better? :smallbiggrin:
Also, GW, props again for you job! Just because you're awesome! :smallamused:

Danke. :smallsmile:

The solution, as it is with everything, is massed lasgun fire.

Everything is better wth massed lasgun fire. Because massed lasgun fire is Love.
If you're really set on fire, though, theres some women in power armour out there that squirt things with holy napalm...

One question: Isn't holy napalm that new mint-flavored crap they're coming out with? :smallconfused: I mean, to each his or her own, but for crying out loud, I'm so sick of people always having to mess with a good thing, trying to make it 'better.' Regular-flavor napalm is a classic for a reason! :smallmad: My uncle and granduncle got by just fine with regular, old, non-holy napalm. Seems like change for the sake of change to me. Is nothing profane!? :smallsigh:

Thanatos 51-50
2009-01-19, 03:18 AM
No, no, I use special Holy Napalm, with original flavouring. Blessed it mayself.

My Inquisitor taught me "Always bless your own Napalm, Son, its the only way you can be sure that the holiness slays the profane you set yourself against. When fighting the incorpreal and the oath-breakers, however, you must first bless your own blood, and mix that with the napalm. Trust me, it works."

Helgraf
2009-01-19, 03:45 AM
That said, I will admit to a (hopefully healthy) rivalry with Helgraf for the title of creepiest 'shipper. I think he has me beat, right now, since he's been at it longer and I haven't contributed much to the thread lately other than updating the archives. I really should get around to declaring my respect for him in the Crush thread, but I'm not sure that'd be appropriate for a 'arch-nemesis.' :smalltongue:

I see. Don't want to be labelled with Foe Yay, I take it. Not that I could blame you.

As for creepy, now, well ... I may have started earlier, but I think you've got a higher volume of pure creepy, especially since Mad Season is currently stalled whilst I plot out how to intro the many fine volunteers as Act II starts.

Just make up a color for 'Arch-Nemesis crafty enough to demand respect' or something like that. :smallbiggrin:

ghost_warlock
2009-01-19, 04:43 AM
No, no, I use special Holy Napalm, with original flavouring. Blessed it mayself.

My Inquisitor taught me "Always bless your own Napalm, Son, its the only way you can be sure that the holiness slays the profane you set yourself against. When fighting the incorpreal and the oath-breakers, however, you must first bless your own blood, and mix that with the napalm. Trust me, it works."

See, now that sounds like tasty napalm - original flavor with just a hint of thantatos blood. Do you deliver or cater, or do I have to dine in?

I see. Don't want to be labelled with Foe Yay, I take it. Not that I could blame you.

As for creepy, now, well ... I may have started earlier, but I think you've got a higher volume of pure creepy, especially since Mad Season is currently stalled whilst I plot out how to intro the many fine volunteers as Act II starts.

Just make up a color for 'Arch-Nemesis crafty enough to demand respect' or something like that. :smallbiggrin:

It's not so much that I'm avoiding Foe Yay so much as I don't have any one I'd really consider a foe to yay. Maybe there's people that aren't fond of me, but if this is the case none of them have made themselves known. (*Eagerly awaits the sudden deluge of hate-mail* :smallamused:)

Well, I've already added you to my 'Crush'-list, but if I had to choose a specific color for an arch-nemesis, I'd probably go with octarine. Unfortunately, the forum software doesn't appear to recognize that color... :smallconfused: I suppose I could just make do with separating out the tints that approximate it, though.. So, using my standard crush codes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5666303&postcount=751), it'd look something like this...

Helgraf

KnightDisciple
2009-01-19, 04:50 AM
Danke. :smallsmile:

One question: Isn't holy napalm that new mint-flavored crap they're coming out with? :smallconfused: I mean, to each his or her own, but for crying out loud, I'm so sick of people always having to mess with a good thing, trying to make it 'better.' Regular-flavor napalm is a classic for a reason! :smallmad: My uncle and granduncle got by just fine with regular, old, non-holy napalm. Seems like change for the sake of change to me. Is nothing profane!? :smallsigh:

Hm. It makes demons burn real good though. The mint really offsets the burning tar smell. I figure better safe than sorry. Plus, once it's holy/blessed, it does nothing to me! :smallbiggrin:

ghost_warlock
2009-01-19, 05:39 AM
Hm. It makes demons burn real good though. The mint really offsets the burning tar smell. I figure better safe than sorry. Plus, once it's holy/blessed, it does nothing to me! :smallbiggrin:

See, maybe that's my problem: I like the natural burning tar smell! Blessing it usually makes it smell chemically-scrubbed to me. 'Cleanliness is next to godliness,' after all. :smallwink:

Holy/unholy, blessed/defiled; it's all the same to me. My divine resistance typically reduces all the damage to a mildly unpleasant tingle. :smalltongue:

ION: this 'parody' thread seems to have surpassed the original in number of replies. :smalleek: Is this because ghost_warlock is more, or less, controversial than global warming? Show your work, and answers must contain a reference to a cookie of some sort. :smallcool:

KnightDisciple
2009-01-19, 05:59 AM
You are simultaneously more and less controversial. Less, because nearly everyone likes you, just as nearly everyone likes cookies (unlike, then, everyone liking possible end results of the other GW thread). More, because none of use can agree on what part of Ghost_Warlock is the best. Kind of like how no one can agree on what flavor of cookie is best.

@smell: Meh. I prefer the medically scrubbed smell. Sensitive nose/stomach and all that. :smallcool:

randman22222
2009-01-19, 10:09 AM
I've no time to write lyrics yet, with exams and all, but I'll just say that I changed the chord progression to:

A, Cmaj9, Dmaj7, Cm7, repeat.