PDA

View Full Version : V's Condition is Celia's fault!

Ridureyu
2009-01-17, 08:24 PM
Yes, it's ALL her fault, because of... uh... making Haley angry, and... um... BelkarMikosomethingsomething! Controversy! Enraged opinions!

WoDHells
2009-01-17, 08:30 PM

Optimystik
2009-01-17, 08:39 PM
404: Funny not found

Trazoi
2009-01-17, 08:47 PM
Well, if Celia hadn't let the Order of the Stick use the employee's staircase in Dorukan's Dungeon, they wouldn't have figured out the way to get to Xykon. Roy wouldn't have thrown Xykon into the gate and Elan wouldn't have blown the whole place up, so Shojo wouldn't have dispatched Miko to bring them to Azure City, and Xykon and Redcloak would still be sitting in Dorukan's Dungeon being stumped on Dorukan's excellent gate wards instead of going on an invasion rampage.

Therefore the destruction of Azure City and everything that follows from that, including V's condition, is Celia's fault. :smalltongue:

Kaerbek
2009-01-17, 08:54 PM
And so starts another topic that will utterly test the limits of my sanity.

The Extinguisher
2009-01-17, 09:01 PM
Yes, it's ALL her fault, because of... uh... making Haley angry, and... um... BelkarMikosomethingsomething! Controversy! Enraged opinions!

Good show sir.

Llama231
2009-01-17, 09:04 PM
No, it's Belkars fault because it will lead to V's death, and Belkar has to cause it!:smalltongue:

Ridureyu
2009-01-17, 09:19 PM
And Miko's innocent and never fell.

TheSummoner
2009-01-17, 09:39 PM
Wouldn't it be a bit more accurate to say its all Xykon's fault? Hes the one who ordered the invasion in the first place...

NeonRonin
2009-01-17, 09:46 PM
Actually, V's condition is all V's own fault.

If it hadn't been for V's signature verbosity at the Iron Mage contest, s/he might have scribed a proper scroll and NOT blown up the arena, which in turn would have kept hir from meeting Haley and tagging along when Roy was hiring adventurers, and NONE of the events of the strip would have been quite the same.

Read On the Order of PCs if you have no idea what I'm talking about. There, that's my 2 copper pieces.

Assassin89
2009-01-17, 09:54 PM
*gets axe*
time to chop down these epileptic trees.

Nale and the Linear guild also have some responsibility because Nale gave Xykon an idea for opening Durukan's gate due to the sigils that guarded the talisman. Blame Eugene for causing Roy to go after Xykon. Blame the gods for creating the Snarl. Essentially, one person can blame any character for the events in the comic.

Now to fulfill part of my sig
*stabs illogical thread*

Animefunkmaster
2009-01-17, 10:01 PM
And Miko's innocent and never fell.

Her cloths just got disjoined.

Zeful
2009-01-17, 10:04 PM
Well, if Celia hadn't let the Order of the Stick use the employee's staircase in Dorukan's Dungeon, they wouldn't have figured out the way to get to Xykon. Roy wouldn't have thrown Xykon into the gate and Elan wouldn't have blown the whole place up, so Shojo wouldn't have dispatched Miko to bring them to Azure City, and Xykon and Redcloak would still be sitting in Dorukan's Dungeon being stumped on Dorukan's excellent gate wards instead of going on an invasion rampage.

Therefore the destruction of Azure City and everything that follows from that, including V's condition, is Celia's fault. :smalltongue:

Except Dorukon hired Celia, Nale beat the stupid into Elan, Eugene couldn't avenge his own master. Celia is the least guilty for V's prolonged self-loathing.

Overlord Nicy
2009-01-17, 10:13 PM
This is all Roy's fault. He's the one who brought the Order together.

Zeful
2009-01-17, 10:21 PM
This is all Roy's fault. He's the one who brought the Order together.

This is all Xykon's fault, he killed Roy's father's master('s second cousin's former room-mate).

Trazoi
2009-01-17, 10:24 PM
Except Dorukon hired Celia, Nale beat the stupid into Elan, Eugene couldn't avenge his own master. Celia is the least guilty for V's prolonged self-loathing.
Ah, but Celia was explicitly breaking employee rules letting the Order use that staircase. Plus because of her they missed several levels of dungeon, probably costing them a much needed level of experience and who knows how many useful magical artifacts and spells that V could use?

There's also Celia's role as defense lawyer. It can be argued that it was her pivotal role that made the whole sham trial work, leading directly to driving Miko insane and killing Shojo and the subsequent splintering of the Azure City defense forces at a pivotal time.

And Miko did never fall. She was selected by the gods to become an undercover paladin.

Pyron
2009-01-17, 10:44 PM

If it hadn't been for V's signature verbosity at the Iron Mage contest, s/he might have scribed a proper scroll and NOT blown up the arena, which in turn would have kept hir from meeting Haley and tagging along when Roy was hiring adventurers, and NONE of the events of the strip would have been quite the same.

Read On the Order of PCs if you have no idea what I'm talking about. There, that's my 2 copper pieces.

You know, reading this post made me think.

On the Origin of PCs spoiler:
Distant Inferno would had been an awesome spell against the Azure City siege. 100 feet/CL radius effect can nuke a lot of hobgoblins.

So, yes, it is all V's fault!

dragoncmd
2009-01-17, 11:33 PM
Well if V hadn't blown up the stadium, Oots would have consisted of :roy:, :durkon:, :elan:, :haley:, and a COMPETENT ranger. In addition, they may or may not have taken the two over powered characters that :durkon: found. If they had, the party would not have gained enough xp, and would have finished with xykon's dungeon in just a couple of strips, and would have known about the phalacary or however its spelled (cause I'm too lazy to break out my MM right now).

What other ramifications would a lack of V and Belkar have had?

David Argall
2009-01-18, 12:00 AM
What other ramifications would a lack of V and Belkar have had?
Well, you would have lost about 1/3 the audience, and if Roy had accepted Durkon's studs, another 2/3 because the party was winning to easily and the strip was boring.

Liwen
2009-01-18, 12:08 AM
Sorry guys but you got it all wrong...

This is all Rich's fault! He made the entire story!

It could also be the reader's fault. Because if you don't read OotS, then suddendly none of this exist from your perspective of the universe.

"Self-Stab-head-hand-smacking-argument"

Lerky
2009-01-18, 12:11 AM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr350/caffiene_master/OFTLO.png

no smilies seemed to fit my true thoughts:smalltongue:

Haven
2009-01-18, 12:13 AM

Actually it didn't seem like that was the first time they'd met.

I kind of hope the next prequel book includes some of the background on Haley and V's friendship, I'm curious, it's quite an odd couple.

Oh, by the way, I'm pretty sure it's actually all Boxbot's fault.

Kish
2009-01-18, 12:19 AM
Well if V hadn't blown up the stadium, Oots would have consisted of :roy:, :durkon:, :elan:, :haley:, and a COMPETENT ranger.
And a monk, actually.

Samurai Jill
2009-01-18, 12:48 AM
404: Funny not found

I liked it.

Lex-Kat
2009-01-18, 01:29 AM
Okay, let's get one thing perfectly straight, no matter which character does what, everything in the strip is Rich Burlew's fault.

EVERYTHING!!! The Good, the Bad, and especially the Ugly. :tongue:

FoE
2009-01-18, 02:25 AM
Technically, Celia did have a part in Roy's death, since she didn't give him an amulet he could feasibly break in an emergency. In fairness, she was merely ignorant of human abilities, and it was Xykon who actually killed him … so she's forgiven on that front.

That doesn't mean, however, she's not a ****ing idiot for all the other stupid **** she's done.

Finwe
2009-01-18, 03:12 AM
You know, reading this post made me think.

On the Origin of PCs spoiler:
Distant Inferno would had been an awesome spell against the Azure City siege. 100 feet/CL radius effect can nuke a lot of hobgoblins.

So, yes, it is all V's fault!

At level 13, he could have wiped out the entire army with one spell (maybe two or three, depending on how spread out/what formation they're in). Too bad he never copied it into his spell book.

Morty
2009-01-18, 04:24 AM
Well played sir, well played.

runekiri
2009-01-18, 04:46 AM
Its Gods fault!!!:smalltongue:
if it wasnt for god this planet would not exist, and richs Grandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrand grandgrandgra... and Richs ancestors would not exist (not Gary Gygax ancestors either) and then this webcomic wouldnt exist anyways.

(I didnt think writing this post would make me happy to know that V has gone mad).

p.s: i dont belive in god but i need to put the blame on somebody

RMS Oceanic
2009-01-18, 05:56 AM
It was the Oracle's fault. By screwing around with Roy and Durkon the first time, this causes Roy to overthink his question and miss the fact that the Azure City Gate was a target, leaving Azure City no time to prepare.

Assassin89
2009-01-18, 09:26 AM
It was the Oracle's fault. By screwing around with Roy and Durkon the first time, this causes Roy to overthink his question and miss the fact that the Azure City Gate was a target, leaving Azure City no time to prepare.

I agree with you on that part. The Oracle is motivated by greed, meaning that he uses the minimal effort to get maximum profit. Makes me wish for the permanent death of the Oracle.

hamishspence
2009-01-18, 09:29 AM
Being greedy doesn't make him a monster, just very irritating. He is very, very snarky to everyone- Eugene, Roy, Belkar, etc.

The Minx
2009-01-21, 01:15 PM
Its Gods fault!!!:smalltongue:
if it wasnt for god this planet would not exist, and richs Grandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrandgrand grandgrandgra... and Richs ancestors would not exist (not Gary Gygax ancestors either) and then this webcomic wouldnt exist anyways.

(I didnt think writing this post would make me happy to know that V has gone mad).

p.s: i dont belive in god but i need to put the blame on somebody

Or rather, you could lay the blame on the Twelve Gods of the South, the Gods of the North and the Gods of the West. Boy, did they mess things up. :smallwink:

Assassin89
2009-01-21, 04:36 PM
Or rather, you could lay the blame on the Twelve Gods of the South, the Gods of the North and the Gods of the West. Boy, did they mess things up. :smallwink:

You missed the Gods of the East, who helped create the Snarl. If the Snarl did not exist, Redcloak and Xykon would not be looking for the gates, because the gates would not exist.

allenw
2009-01-21, 05:28 PM
If the Snarl did not exist, the whole planet would not exist, because the previous planet wouldn't have been destroyed (or at least not under the same circumstances).

maxon
2009-01-21, 05:52 PM

And we would be reading a completely different webcomic - or no webcomic at all.

Wait...

King of Nowhere
2009-01-21, 06:23 PM
Actually, it's YOUR fault. Yes, I'm speaking with you, other forumites. You could have gone to Rich's home with a gun, screaming something like "V must reamin sane! V MUST REMAIN SANEEEEEE!!!!!" and shoot him in the legs for a warning (be careful to not hit the arms, or we will stay without updates for a month or more). Then you would see the plot changing immediately. But you didn't so it was your fault. Now that I think of it, my fault too, since I could have done that.

Please, this post is not an incitation to violence against our favourite web cartoonist! Don't hurt me!

Assassin89
2009-01-21, 06:42 PM
Actually, it's YOUR fault. Yes, I'm speaking with you, other forumites. You could have gone to Rich's home with a gun, screaming something like "V must remain sane! V MUST REMAIN SANEEEEEE!!!!!" and shoot him in the legs for a warning (be careful to not hit the arms, or we will stay without updates for a month or more). Then you would see the plot changing immediately. But you didn't so it was your fault. Now that I think of it, my fault too, since I could have done that.

Please, this post is not an incitation to violence against our favourite web cartoonist! Don't hurt me!

too bad...
*stabs thread*
We can all place blame on several character in the comic, but Rich is responsible for the plot, meaning that the events in the comic occur at his discretion, and therefore V's condition has some importance that will be resolved in a later comic.