Arwing Mk 1
Gargantuan Starfighter
Initiative +7 Senses Perception +6
Defenses Ref 18 (flatfooted 12) Fort 26; +7 Armor, Vehicular Combat
HP 120; DR 10; SR 15; Threshold 46
Speed fly 16 (character)/4 (starship)
Ranged Blaster cannon +5 or
Ranged Proton Torpedo +5
Fighting Space 4x4 or 1 square (starship); Cover total (crew)
Base Atk +2; Grp +33
Atk Options autofire (blaster cannon)
Abilities Str 42, Dex 22, Int 16
Skills Initiative +7, Mechanics +6, Perception +6, Pilot +7, Use Computer +6
Crew 1 (skilled)
Cargo 50 kg; Consumables 1 week
Payload 9 proton torpedoes (usually empty)
Hyperdrive x3, navicomputer (limited, 2-jump capacity)
Availability Military; Cost 100000
Weapons:
Blaster cannon: +5 (+0 autofire), Damage 4d10x2
Proton torpedoes: +5, Damage 9d10x2, 4-square splash (character scale)

Arwing, Star Fox Special
Gargantuan Starfighter
Initiative +13 Senses Perception +12
Defenses Ref 18 (flatfooted 12) Fort 26; +7 Armor, Vehicular Combat
HP 120; DR 10; SR 25; Threshold 46
Speed fly 16 (character)/4 (starship)
Ranged Double Heavy Lasers +10 or
Ranged Proton Torpedo +10
Fighting Space 4x4 or 1 square (starship); Cover total (crew)
Base Atk +10; Grp +41
Atk Options autofire (laser cannons)
Abilities Str 42, Dex 22, Int 16
Skills Initiative +13, Mechanics +12, Perception +12, Pilot +13, Use Computer +12
Crew 1 (ace)
Cargo 50 kg; Consumables 1 week
Payload 9 proton torpedoes (usually 3 to 5)
Hyperdrive x2, navicomputer
Availability Not available for sale
Weapons:
Laser cannons: +10 (+5 autofire), Damage 6d10x2
Proton torpedoes: +10, Damage 9d10x2, 4-square splash (character scale)

The Space Dynamics Arwing superiority starfighter is a quick, angular vehicle designed for space combat. Much like the similar X-Wing, the Arwing is more than capable of destroying much more than its diminutive size would suggest... when put into the hands of an accomplished pilot.

The "Star Fox Special" refers to an upgrade of the original Arwing, improving both the shields and offensive equipment. Rather than the single nose cannon, the fighter now sports a pair of heavier lasers mounted on the sides of the fighter's body, between the halves of the ship's G-Diffuser repulsorlift engines. The ship is named after the elite Star Fox mercenary fighter squadron, whose mechanic developed the modifications during the Lylat Wars and were used extensively by the team's leader Fox McCloud during the team's mission to destroy the megalomaniac genius Andross.

Llama231
2009-01-17, 08:57 PM
Isn't gargantuan a little...big?:smallconfused:

Innis Cabal
2009-01-17, 09:02 PM
What does this have to do with Star Wars?

Mando Knight
2009-01-17, 09:05 PM
Isn't gargantuan a little...big?:smallconfused:

Not really. The X-Wing is also a Gargantuan vehicle, and the Arwing is quite similar. The Arwing's also pretty large compared to the team members in Star Fox Assault.

@ Innis Cabal: None, canonically. However, if one wanted to, you could throw in a system-wide conflict involving a big-headed megalomaniac against the free world, defended by a four-man team of elite starfighter pilots...

Innis Cabal
2009-01-17, 11:39 PM
Its just, people won't be expecting the Arwing when they hit a Star Wars link. Its a bit misleading and nonsensical

Knaight
2009-01-17, 11:41 PM
Given how big they look from the ground in Assault, the visible part of the cockpit(the window) isn't all of it, and they are closer to Huge.

Mando Knight
2009-01-18, 01:44 AM
Given how big they look from the ground in Assault, the visible part of the cockpit(the window) isn't all of it, and they are closer to Huge.

Its cockpit size appears to be about the same as a V-Wing, which is a Huge fighter... but its large wings and G-Diffuser struts are similar to the Gargantuan StarViper's S-Foils, though the fighter cockpit is about the same size as that of the TIE fighter's. :smallsigh:

I placed it at Gargantuan also because of its munitions payload: the smallest craft with the payload the size of an Arwing's Smart Bomb launcher is the TIE Broken. (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/D_Defender)

Athaniar
2009-01-18, 06:59 AM
Is this really more wrong than trying to convert each and every facet of popular culture into D&D?

Also, I'm not familiar with Saga Edition, but if a fighter ship is Gargantuan, then what are the bigger ships? Do they have their own scale system, or are they Mega-Ultra-Super-Colossal-Gargantuan?

Mando Knight
2009-01-18, 11:58 AM
Also, I'm not familiar with Saga Edition, but if a fighter ship is Gargantuan, then what are the bigger ships? Do they have their own scale system, or are they Mega-Ultra-Super-Colossal-Gargantuan?

Millennium Falcon-sized ships are Colossal. From there it goes to Colossal (frigate) for Tantive IV sized vessels, Colossal (cruiser) for anything larger than the Nebulon-B frigates, and Colossal (station) for everything much larger than a Star Destroyer... which naturally means the Executor-class and the Eclipse-class Super Star Destroyers.

If you've ever seen a contemporary jet fighter up close, you'd understand why the X-Wing is Gargantuan. I put the Arwing at Gargantuan because of its wings: they seem to each be almost as long as the fuselage, making them somewhat larger in width than a Huge starfighter like the TIEs and A-Wing.

Lappy9000
2009-01-18, 01:05 PM
....this isn't Star Wars.

Shouldn't the title read:
"Can't let you do that, Star Fox! [SWSE vehicles]"

Mando Knight
2009-01-18, 01:08 PM
"Can't let you do that, Star Fox! [SWSE vehicles]"

Wolf can't let Star Wars do that, either. :smalltongue:

Baron Corm
2009-01-18, 01:23 PM
Nothing wrong with the title imo. Most titles these days are just random quotes or advertisements to get your attention. This one actually mentions SWSE in it, and is homebrew for SWSE.

Can't comment on balance because I've never played with ships/vehicles, but if I did, I would try to get my DM to let me pick this one :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Oh yeah, and it needs to have reflective wings which can deflect laser attacks, if the pilot makes a Pilot vs Attack Roll check. Something like that anyway.

Lappy9000
2009-01-18, 01:25 PM
Wolf can't let Star Wars do that, either. :smalltongue:
But I came expecting Star Wars....:smallfrown:

Lamesauce.

Baron Corm
2009-01-18, 01:28 PM

Lamesauce.

Look at it as a custom ship made for Star Wars. Because that's what it is.

Mando Knight
2009-01-18, 02:06 PM
Changed the name... and Wolf has something to say about it now. 'bout Jar Jar, too.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/StarWarsWolf.jpg

Innis Cabal
2009-01-18, 02:08 PM

Lamesauce.

You weren't the only one.

I also disagree on the size, but others have brought it up already

Almn
2009-01-18, 02:29 PM
I was expecting a v.s. thread, starwars v.s. starfox.

And where is the charge laser? I often just stop using the blasters because the charge laser is so much more useful for many things.

Mando Knight
2009-01-18, 04:24 PM
And where is the charge laser? I often just stop using the blasters because the charge laser is so much more useful for many things.

... Couldn't figure out how to implement it, other than a concussion missile launcher, which takes up too many emplacement points.

Also: it's impossible to design a Star Destroyer alone according to the Starship Designer feat's rules: the DC for designing a basic battlecruiser is over 200. The X-Wing is also impossible, as it has far more cargo capacity, better computers, torpedoes, a class 1 hyperdrive, extended range, and shields. The TIE Broken is just ridiculous. Be glad the King Hell God Emperor Starfighter of Death (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Missile_Boat) isn't in there.

Y'know what? I'm going to take a page from Kaiba's book! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ptitle2rgn9vunopna?from=Main.ScrewTheRulesIHaveMon ey) Without the money!

hamishspence
2009-01-18, 04:46 PM
Better underpowered than overpowered. Though the occasional workaround might be justified if GM agrees.

Moofaa
2009-01-19, 05:42 AM
Definitetly needs the "defensive roll" mechanics to really make it stand out. Otherwise its just another starfighter.

And if your pulling ships from other worlds/games/movies/books/etc (which is perfectly fine, I do it myself) I would like to see a Gunstar from the Last Starfighter (old movie if you haven seen it, probably my favorite of all-time).

Imagine a Arwing vs Gunstar battle....reflective defensive roll vs. Death Blossom...

Ascension
2009-01-20, 06:34 PM
Also: it's impossible to design a Star Destroyer alone according to the Starship Designer feat's rules:

For what it's worth, it should be impossible. I've changed majors now, but I was a mechanical engineering student for a while, and I can tell you there are only two ways to design an aircraft (and, by extension, a spacecraft)... with a team, often a large team, or by working yourself to death (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._J._Mitchell). Since death is a rather high price to pay for a design, almost all engineers go with that team thing.

Mando Knight
2009-01-20, 08:38 PM
For what it's worth, it should be impossible. I've changed majors now, but I was a mechanical engineering student for a while, and I can tell you there are only two ways to design an aircraft (and, by extension, a spacecraft)... with a team, often a large team, or by working yourself to death (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._J._Mitchell). Since death is a rather high price to pay for a design, almost all engineers go with that team thing.

I'm an Aero Eng student, so I do know how hard it is to design things by yourself... the Wright Brothers were genius.

The standard battlecruiser's design DC is probably only achievable if you have at least 90 people Aiding Another, led by a character with pretty high intelligence and Skill Focus (Mechanics)...

...which is not that inconceivable, considering how much effort goes into modern vehicles...

Triaxx
2009-01-21, 11:56 AM
Let's not forget that that's the DC for designing EVERYTHING at once. IF you've got one designer for the engines, one for the hull, and so on... it's much easier to work with.

Mando Knight
2009-01-21, 12:53 PM
Let's not forget that that's the DC for designing EVERYTHING at once. IF you've got one designer for the engines, one for the hull, and so on... it's much easier to work with.

Yeah... WotC's "hard and fast" DC for designing a starship doesn't give the individual DCs for designing the components individually. Silly Wizards. You don't tell me how to do my job, and I don't...
...Oh. Right. That.