PDA

View Full Version : DC Here I Come

Doran_Liadon
2009-01-17, 10:26 PM
Im packing for DC and excited! I leave tommorow at 3:30AM. I have had a stomach ache today and a headache and im not sure if its from stress. For the past week i have been staying at a friends and he goes to bed later then I. (I have to get up at 6 for band practice). And apprenetly one night when he turned the light on in the room i got up and started to walk around, he asked what i was doing and i told him i was getting ready for band. "At 10:43??" and im like "...Oh." and get back on the sofa. I dont remember that happening. I remember the time and kinda getting ready for band but not. But otherwise i dont remember it. Well its all over Tuesday night so wish me luck!

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-01-17, 10:59 PM
Good luck!:smallsmile:

Canadian
2009-01-17, 11:23 PM
DC comics?

Innis Cabal
2009-01-17, 11:26 PM
Yes thats exactly what he means.

Mauve Shirt
2009-01-17, 11:51 PM
Good luck! :smallsmile: I wish I could go to the inauguration.

Athaniar
2009-01-18, 06:14 AM
DC comics?

RAS syndrome. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAS_syndrome)

Also, does the OP mean Washington DC? Because that's the only other DC I can think of (yes, I also though this was about Detective Comics at first).

Fredthefighter
2009-01-18, 06:47 AM
Good luck Doran.

Fri
2009-01-18, 07:09 AM
Be careful for the super mutants. I heard DC is crawling with them.

Renegade Paladin
2009-01-18, 07:23 AM
Have fun standing out in the freezing weather with all the other sightseers who've shut the city down. :smallwink: One of my friends who lives there just got the hell out until the end of the week so he wouldn't have to deal with it.

Canadian
2009-01-19, 11:41 AM
I'd love to go to DC comics. That would be a great trip. I'm sure the other DC is okay too.

dish
2009-01-19, 01:32 PM
Have fun standing out in the freezing weather with all the other sightseers who've shut the city down. :smallwink: One of my friends who lives there just got the hell out until the end of the week so he wouldn't have to deal with it.

If I remember correctly from an earlier thread, his band are actually taking part in the inauguration. They will be playing for the president.

So, Doran_Liadon - have loads of good luck. Hope everything goes really well.

Zeb The Troll
2009-01-21, 01:58 AM
I wish I could've avoided the town for the week. Unfortunately the building where I work (and they insisted that I come to work) is on the parade route. That meant total lockdown. So much so that we were warned that we should bring our lunches for today in on Friday and leave them in the refrigerator because we wouldn't be allowed to brown bag it today and the local food places would be impossible. Meh, I could on for a bit about the frustrations today wrought on me. Hopefully I won't be working in D.C. in Jan of 2013. :smallsigh:

dish
2009-01-21, 02:54 AM
I wish I could've avoided the town for the week. Unfortunately the building where I work (and they insisted that I come to work) is on the parade route. That meant total lockdown. So much so that we were warned that we should bring our lunches for today in on Friday and leave them in the refrigerator because we wouldn't be allowed to brown bag it today and the local food places would be impossible. Meh, I could on for a bit about the frustrations today wrought on me. Hopefully I won't be working in D.C. in Jan of 2013. :smallsigh:

That does sound like a pain and a half. Did this mean you got to watch the parade? Did you see Doran Liadon?

Zeb The Troll
2009-01-21, 04:18 AM
That does sound like a pain and a half. Did this mean you got to watch the parade? Did you see Doran Liadon?No. I work the midnight shift so even if things had gone better than they did, I'd have been heading back home at 8am. I suppose I might could have tried to brave the weather to try and get into the crowd, but as it turns out I didn't work that morning.

See, for weeks they'd been telling us "Don't drive your cars to work. You're not going to be able to park downtown. They're not going to let you park in our parking garage. You're going to have to plan on taking the Metro in." That's all well and good. So I parked at the Metro station like they said and took the train in to within a few blocks of work, walked the extra way in (farther than I'd usually have to because the stop closest to work was closed due to security concerns) and attempted to sit down and work. Then my coworker warned me that he'd contacted the Metro staff and they confirmed that if anyone were to leave their car parked at the station overnight, it would be ticketed and towed away. So I turned back around and rode back to where my car was parked and drove home. I'd managed to catch the last train out for the night, so even if I'd found a place nearby to park my car, I'd have had to wait for the Metro to open again in the morning before I could even ride it back in to work. I just told my coworker that since there wasn't any crisis that needed my help I was just going to take the night off.

As soon as the management comes in for the day I'm going to ask them what we were expected to do since we weren't actually allowed to park at the Metro and we weren't supposed to drive in either.