PDA

View Full Version : Time Tours Unltd.

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-18, 12:43 AM
Time Tours Unlimited
Or, if it's Tuesday, this must be 1066

As you approach TTU headquarters, any analog clocks, watches, chronometers, or similar devices that are not specially made for time travelers stop, break, or run wild. Digital timepieces simply say "How the hell should I know?"

Before you stands a large clock tower, jutting out from the landscape around it. Each of the four sides has an identical giant clock face, like the kind you'd see on Big Ben, but each one is unique. The first is perpetually frozen at one minute to midnight. The second runs backwards. The third has no numbers, but instead has seemingly random words where the numbers would be - if one pays attention, they change every now and again. The fourth has no hands, and in the center, simply reads "NOW."

The first floor of the clock tower is a simple room with a bored looking secretary at her desk. She can usually be found filing her nails, making personal phone calls, or gabbing with other employees. She is, however, surprisingly helpful when she's not otherwise occupied.

The second, third, and fourth floors (which MUST be larger than the outside of the clock tower) are one huge, crowded bazaar, where just about anything in the universe can be found for sale. Yes, even that. Exotic smells and the sound of strange music permeate the air. Make a Will save, DC 50 to leave without buying anything.

The fifth floor is most likely the one you're looking for. It resembles an airport, with giant boards showing arrival and departure times (which are always "now" and "whenever you're ready" respectively), a snack bar with horribly overpriced "snacks," and lines leading to different gates. The machines themselves range from Orwellian devices, with levers and knobs and lots of brass, to giant, glowing portals, to the police box itself (the last is usually only for very special trips, though).

Time Tours Unlimited will take you anywhere in time and space you want to go, unless it's timelocked. All patrons are forced to sign frighteningly specific wavers that do not guarantee enjoyment or survival of the trip in question, that TTU is not responsible for any physical, emotional, or mental trauma resulting from the trip, any paradoxes caused are the sole responsibility of the traveler who caused them, and I now pronounce you man and wife (that last bit is just to see if you're paying attention). Price is whatever you think it's worth. Travelers may be issued weapons for dangerous time periods and hunting excursions.

Do not taunt the TARDIS.

Have fun!

OOC
This is a frame to run adventures in time, space, and alternate dimensions. Seriousness of said adventures depends on the seriousness of the travelers, their destination, and their plans on arrival. Please preface all posts with bold text saying when and where you are. The only thing that is not allowed is changing the history of ACRONYM-land or any of its inhabitants, although doing so in an alternate universe/timeline is perfectly fine.

By the way, if you want to run a private trip/plot without me or other players getting involved, feel free. This thread is for public use, after all. Just say so.

And really. Don't taunt the TARDIS.

Reinholdt
2009-01-18, 12:50 AM
Reinholdt's more fun loving plot clone will enter the building. He'll wait until the secretary isn't too busy for walking up to the secretary and introducing himself. "Greetings. I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire." He gives his flourish. "I heard this was the place to go for time traveling adventures, correct?"

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-18, 12:56 AM
"That it is. Welcome to Time Tours Unlimited," she says with the practiced boredom of someone's who's recited this a million times. "Second, third, and fourth floors are the Bazaar, fifth floor is arrivals and departures. You have fun now." She returns to some piece of urgent work, which sounds suspiciously like Tetris.

Reinholdt
2009-01-18, 01:02 AM
"Thank you very much." Reinholdt will head to the elevators to go up to the fifth floor.

"Ah hah!" He thinks to himself. "The first treasure I'm going to steal a la 'Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego' style has been decided for me." "I shall steal the world's first Tetris Game and add it to my collection of treasures, HAHAHA!!" He then looks around realizing he said this out loud and hopes no one was paying attention. "Well it's that or ancient egypt," he grumbles.

The Cats
2009-01-18, 01:09 AM
The front door opens. There is a kind of 'fwwwsh' sound and a general rustling of paperwork,then nothing. it might have been the wind...

Making it just in time for the elevator to close on the end of his tail did not put Fasa in a very good mood. Luckily, it opened again mere seconds later to let some odd cat on. Now, usually Fasa wouldn't judge a book by it's cover but... when somecat randomly exclaims things to no one in particular, in english no less... yeah. Odd. Well, since Fasa couldn't reach the buttons, he'd just have to head wherever the elevator took him

Why did he come in here? Oh yeah. He was hungry and it smelled like fish.

(EDIT: Changed it. Didn't know you were a cat before XD)

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-18, 01:10 AM
No one else (besides Fasa) is in the elevator. Admittedly, there are the security tapes, but Vespe is far too busy with whatever it is he's doing to be concerned with Reinholdt bein' in ur Russia, steelin' ur Tetris.

Coincidentally, one of the destinations on the Arrivals and Departures board is Moscow, June 1985.

((Also, Reinholdt is a cat too, you know. Heheh. This will be interesting. :smalltongue:))

Reinholdt
2009-01-18, 01:15 AM
Reinholdt looks sheepishly at Fasa, then tries to act nonchalantly. Realizing the button still needed to be pressed, he reached up with his sniper rifle and hits "5".

"So, um, what are you in for?" Reinholdt barely gets time to finish asking before the elevator arrives. Must be a time thing they have. "Oh. That was fast. Ooooo. Orwellian. My favorite."

The Cats
2009-01-18, 01:22 AM
Fasa eyed this strange, new cat suspiciously. usually by now he would have been screaming at the top of his lungs in the face of any other tabby, to see who could scream louder. But this one carried gun, and Fasa knew about guns.

Instead, when the odd cat asked him a question he just flattened his ears, glared and, since it never does well to let people know you can understand english (he knew that too) said simple "Fhhwrrrl?" Which, as every cat knows (and if this truly were a cat he would know too) means "Why are you asking? Who are you? What's going on? What's an 'Orwellian?'"

Reinholdt
2009-01-18, 01:34 AM
"Huh. I ask because I'm curious. I'll give you one guess why. I am Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire," Reinholdt performs his pointless flourish. "I'm not sure what's going on other then my time traveling treasure hunting. I know I've been saying I'm a treasure hunter extraordinaire for quite a while, but mostly all I've done is try and destroy the multi-verse on numerous occasions. I figure it's time to live up to my name. And finally, Orwellian is a type of time machine."

Reinholdt will head over to the Orwellian machine. He's soooooooooooo tempted to taunt it. But makes his will save. Instead he'll introduce himself to the TARDIS. "Greetings. I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire. And you are?"

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-18, 01:39 AM
Good evening. I am Walter, and I will be your TARDIS today. Are you traveling to Moscow, June 1985?

The Cats
2009-01-18, 01:40 AM
Fasa was... well, he certainly wasn't stunned! That was a ridiculous idea! He, biggest cat of all, head of The Cats, better than any other cat stunned by this mere shrimp of a thing? Who spoke perfect english? And carried a gun? Never!

Fasa followed the odd cat to the odd machine. Merely out of curiosity. He certainly wasn't confused. He knew exactly what was going on. He only stayed so close behind Reinholdt to protect the poor little cat. probably didn't know what he was getting himself into.

Reinholdt
2009-01-18, 01:48 AM
So Fasa has an idea, this cat is actually from another dimension. Cats are slightly different there. Ruling the world and clearly being superior to the normal housecats he's found here. But that's ok. Reinholdt could always use a sidekick.

"Indeed. Say, is it safe to be so open like that? Won't that let you look into the time vortex en route? Granted, I'm ok with it. Just some silly Jack or Jason or something like that's not." Reinholdt shrugs. "Well, whatever. It's a pleasure to meet you Walter."

He looks over at Fasa. "You coming too? It'll be cold. Granted, I like the cold, but that comes with being a Russian Blue. Most cats just like it warm." Reinholdt thinks. "Oh wait. He said June. Well it won't be nearly as cold anyways."

The Cats
2009-01-18, 01:51 AM
Fasa? minding cold? Hah! "Rrowwrrrrr!" he exclaimed, which was catese for "Cold? HAH! Bring on the cold! I am Fasa! I fear no cold! Or june! This June will feel my wrath!

Yes, there were some human words that Fasa wasn't quite up to speed on, but don't tell him that.

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-18, 01:52 AM
Actually, sir, looking into the time vortex is perfectly harmless. Your friend Jack might have been thinking of the Untempered Schism - that is a hole in the fabric of reality, where one can see the whole of the vortex, which often yields unpleasant side effects. Please keep your hands and feet inside of me at all times during the trip. Thank you.

Reinholdt
2009-01-18, 01:56 AM
"Hey now. Don't wrath June. I was born in June."

"Well then, if you're going to be my sidekick, you're going to have to tell me your name too, you know." Apparently he wasn't paying attention when Fasa said his name...

Reinholdt will hop up into Walter and start preparing the controls. Which results mostly in random button pressing and lever pulling. No doubt Walter has safeguards to prevent the customers from screwing things up too badly.

We hope. :smalleek:

He'll wait until Fasa gets in before deciding between pressing the big red button, pressing the big green button or pulling the ominous black lever.

The Cats
2009-01-18, 02:00 AM
Sidekick? Sidekick?!? How dare he! Fasa, biggest and best of all cats a sidekick? Well, we'll just see who's the dominant tabby around here!

Fasa leapt into the machine after Reinholdt, flattening his ears back and taking up the 'I'm gonna make you wish you were never born a cat!' crouching stance. "Hsssss!"

Fasa was NO cat's sidekick.

Reinholdt
2009-01-18, 02:02 AM
Reinholdt ignores Fasa now that he was up there in classic oblivious hero style. "Here we go!" He presses both big buttons and pulls the ominous lever. Why choose when you can have all three?

"Whooo!!"

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-18, 02:05 AM
The controls, frankly, are mostly just there to give the customers something to play around with. Walter vworpvworps into the time vortex. It looks suspiciously like the Doctor Who opening sequence, right down to the giant flying names (although in this case the names are "REINHOLDT" and "FASA," and the show and episode titles read "TIME TOURS" and "TETRIS" respectively).

The Cats
2009-01-18, 02:10 AM
Fasa didn't freak out. Absolutly not. Just ask anyone, they would say 'Nope, he definately didn't fly screaming around the cabin spitting and hissing everywhere. Not Fasa, never!'

It was a complete mystery why there were scratch marks on the ceiling. Complete. Mystery.

Reinholdt
2009-01-18, 02:14 AM
Moscow, June 1985

"Ah, calm down Faz. You'll never upgrade from sidekick and reach Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire status if you can't handle a little time travel. Besides, we're here!"

Reinholdt hops down out of Walter into the small alley they ended up in. "Hey Walter! Can you disguise yourself as one of those drunken Russian dancers that crouches low and moves their legs and shouts 'Hey!'? That would be awesome."

The Cats
2009-01-18, 02:16 AM
There was that S word again. Ah well, Fasa supposed he would let it go. At least until he was done being sick.

This was getting to be far too much trouble for a bit of fish.

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-18, 02:19 AM
Walter turns into such a dancer with a stereotypically Russian hat and wardrobe. From somewhere (probably one of Walter's speakers) this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQAKRw6mToA) begins to play.

The Cats
2009-01-18, 02:20 AM
(OOC: Sorry guys, going into deadtime. I have to work in the morning :smallannoyed:)

Reinholdt
2009-01-18, 02:25 AM
"Haha! Perfect." Reinholdt turns to leave. As soon as he reaches the end of the alley, he'll stop. Then he'll look left, then right. "Ummm... hey, Foso? You wouldn't happen to know who invented Tetris, would you? Or where he lives?" Reinholdt also starts to consider the fact that a cat carrying a sniper rifle is going to be interesting.

At least he'll leave his mark on history.

((He'll then deadtime too, to give The Cats a chance to sleep.))

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-18, 02:28 AM
Alexey Pajitnov, and he is at the Academy of Science of the USSR. Then the deadtime ooze omnomnoms him.

Szilard
2009-01-18, 11:59 AM
Now at TTU.
Bob the awesome guy enters the building.

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-18, 12:36 PM
The secretary is there, and not doing anything. Quick! Before she goes back to Tetris! Now's your chance!

Szilard
2009-01-18, 12:45 PM
Hey! Secretary person!

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-18, 12:48 PM
Ah, boop. Customer. "Yes sir, what can I do for you sir?" Without even waiting for a response, she continues "welcome to Time Tours Unlimited, it is nice to meet you, second third fourth floors are the Bazaar, fifth floor is Arrivals and Departures, have a nice day."

Uncle Festy
2009-01-18, 12:49 PM
Homer wanders inside. "I'm gonna go to Ancient Greece! I heard they have some really great authors. Like that Homer guy, he's totally awesome!"

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-18, 12:56 PM
The secretary certainly isn't going to repeat what she just said. Luckily, there's a big sign next to her saying what is on what floor.

Szilard
2009-01-18, 01:59 PM
Um, okay.
Bob the Awesome Guy buys a watch that says "now" at the Bazaar, before going to the arrivals and departures floor.

Reinholdt
2009-01-19, 09:47 PM
We'll return to Reinholdt in Russia shortly after this commercial break. ((And a few posters requesting sidekicks in various threads.))

A little over 50 years in the future. This establishment.
Calublufiok enters and looks to see primarily if it's still there.

Darkcomet
2009-01-19, 09:49 PM
A little over 50 years in the future. This establishment.
Calublufiok enters and looks to see primarily if it's still there.

((...

Clever...))

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-19, 10:29 PM
Yes, it is. Time Tours always has been and always will be. Well, it wasn't always always, but it's certainly always now.

And if you understood that, here, have a cookie.

Reinholdt
2009-01-19, 10:32 PM
Cookie is had and eaten.

Since Calublufiok knows how to read the simple signs, he heads straight up to the fifth floor and looks for an empty TARDIS to take him back 50 years.

The Cats
2009-01-20, 12:20 AM
((Ehm... I think I'ma hafta drop out of this. Just not digging the whole many small posts over the course of an hour and being unable to go on unless both players are on style thing. I prefer the kinds that go BIG post maybe once a day. Of course that excludes most all these RPs, alas, tis my fate to be finicky.)

Fasa had had enough. He found a nice corner and curled up to nap. And wait for the present to roll around. Fasa was very good at napping, it should only take a couple hours.

Reinholdt
2009-01-20, 12:29 AM
((Sad to see you go, but hope you have fun elsewhere! :smallsmile:))

"Curses. It seems my sidekick wasn't up to the challenge. Hmm." Reinholdt pulls out some paper and writes on it. Using one of his minor spells he makes many copies before handing it to Walter and sending the fliers various random places in the future.

Szilard
2009-01-20, 09:17 PM
Bob the Awesome Guy looks around on the fifth floor, wondering when, and where to go, and what to do.

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-20, 09:53 PM
There are plenty of empty TARDISes.

Walter is still dancing.

Szilard
2009-01-21, 08:19 PM
Excuse me sir, why are you dancing?

Reinholdt
2009-01-27, 05:24 PM
Moscow, June 1985

Reinholdt looks sadly at Walter.

"Well Walter. This is it. We didn't get far in our time treasure stealing, but it was fun while it lasted. Remember that sidekick we had for a while? Frank? Yeah. Good times. Well Walter. I'll miss you... partner. Keep dancing strong."

With that, Reinholdt hops into Walter and goes home.