PDA

View Full Version : This am Bizarro [spell/temp]

DoomHat
2006-10-14, 01:15 AM
Just for laughs, but I think it could have a very fun place in a game. There’s a lot that can be done with the concept. Besides, I’ve never seen it done before.

Summon Bizarro Clone

Conjuration
Level: Wiz 8
Components: V, S, M, XP
Casting Time: 5 minutes
Range: 0 ft.
Effect: One Bizarro clone
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

Originally the result of a high level wizard’s ill fated attempt to make good on a drunken boast, this spell enjoys a cult popularity with the “wizard who did it” magical subculture.
Using dark, largely untapped evil secrets within the “hocky pocky” and a few material components, the caster summons from Bizarro world a highly imperfect, twisted parody of an existing person.
It is an exact copy of any one person or creature with the Bizarro Template (see below). This creature remains in our reality permanently, unless otherwise banished or killed.
Summoning a Bizarro requires the use of an intricate summoning circle laid out using Ro`ugor Black Liver’s High Quality Intoxicant (“You can’t go wrong with Ro`ugor”). However Ro`ugor Black Liver’s High Quality Intoxicant is not cheap, and the circle is very complex. You must have 50gp worth of Ro`ugor Black Liver’s High Quality Intoxicant per target HD and must succeed a DC 25 Spellcraft check where dex is used as the modifier in place of intelligence to determine the accuracy of the spill(not a typo).

Material Component
Rotten egg, corkscrew, small piece hair or flesh of target to be cloned, a crude drawing of a frowny face with text that reads “My name is <target name> and I’m a <derogatory term>!” and 50gp worth of Ro`ugor Black Liver’s High Quality Intoxicant per target HD.

XP Cost

100 XP per HD of the Bizarro to be created (minimum 1,000 XP).

Bizarro Template

Bizarro world is a chaotic funhouse mirror universe that mocks our own in every respect. Each inhabitant is a confused parody of a creature exiting on our plane. There are no unique Bizarros, as they are each modeled after someone or thing on our plane.
A Bizarro is identical to the original it mimics except it receives a +2 to it’s most significant modifier and it’s mental modifiers, unless it receives the +2, are all inverted and exaggerated by 4. In essence, a Bizarro is slightly more effective at whatever its normal counterpart does best, but is behaviorally and aesthetically opposite.
As a Bizarro is willingly, knowingly and actively working to be as opposite to the original as possible, its alignment is opposite the original’s.
A Bizarro imitates the original’s mode of dress with minor differences to stress its opposite nature, for example color schemes are altered and any insignia are turned backward or upside down.
Bizarros with negative charisma are freakish in appearance. They have only enough discoloration of the skin, twisted limbs, or other mild deformities to distinguish themselves from the original without making them unrecognizable.
Positive charisma Bizarros are simply identical to their counterparts as one would imagine the original if they were highly attractive.
It's creature type is Aberration

Ex: Ranger Bob is Chaotic Good and has Str +1 Dex+2 Con+1 int-1 Wis+2 Cha+0
Bizarro Ranger Bob is Lawful Evil and has Str +1 Dex+4 Con+1 int+5 Wis-6 Cha-4

Linguistics
Inhabitants of the Bizarro world with negative intelligence modifiers use an odd but predictable form of Common. The most notable characteristics are:
The lack of nominative case when using pronouns; Bizarros replace pronouns that should be nominative with their analogues in the accusative case. A Bizarro might introduce himself by saying "Me am Bizarro" instead of "I am Bizarro," for example.
The lack of proper verb conjugation; a Bizarro only uses the first person conjugation for any verb. For example, the verb to be is always conjugated as "am", leading to sentences like "This am great".
And a slightly inconsistent habit of replacing verbs, adjectives, and some nouns with they’re opposite or negating them. This often leads to confusing statements filled with double, or even triple negatives. Ex: “Me am not Going to run cat a square the stranger hood! Then me no am going to eat him cuz me hate him very much.” Means (we can only presume) “I’m going to walk the dog around the neighborhood. Then I’m going to feed her because I lover her so very much!”

Bizarros with above average intelligence instead behave as limp-wristed caricatures of English nobility. This includes a fixation on tea, the orchestration of a pleasant tea time, and a fondness for monocles and eveningwear.

Dervag
2006-10-14, 11:07 PM
Can the bizarro person pass for a 'normal' version of the person who is merely acting strangely?

If, for instance, I saw the bizarro version of my roommate, would I mistake him for my roommate and assume that my roommate had gone completely insane?

DoomHat
2006-10-14, 11:52 PM
I have addressed the issue with an edit.

Though I suppose someone who’d never met the original might assume a Bizarro to be independently crazy.

DoomHat
2006-10-15, 08:31 PM
Oh, come on, could yous guys please help me with this mechanic pretty please?
As it is its broken as all hell, but I love the idea so and what to make it useable!

In return I’ll give everyone who posts helpful comments a free commission sketch of one character by your description and their Bizarro counter part!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g119/DoomHat/BizarroBobcopy.png

Dervag
2006-10-15, 09:23 PM
It needs to be fairly difficult to make a Bizarro clone; a simple doodle of the target shouldn't be enough.

The process of 'inverting and transforming' mental stats needs to be clarified.

Jack_Simth
2006-10-15, 09:47 PM
Well, to unbreak it, look at the costs involved with Simulacrum (which does very similar things) and replicate them. Then exaggerate them, as the Bizzaro spell makes for WONDERFUL fighter-fodder (especially with the same levels).

You'll probably want to spell out that you're inverting the modifier, rather than the actual stat - so that negatives make sense. And maybe that if it forces the attribute outside particulat bounds (say, 1-30; 3-30 for Int) the spell caps it at those bounds (so that the Bizzaro Wizard only ends up with an Int of 3, rather than -10, and the Bizzaro Sorcerer ends up with a Charisma of 1, rather than -10).

fireinthedust
2006-10-15, 10:34 PM
Don't bother with the modifiers. It's... well, going to make the system not make sense (in a way that Bizarro wouldn't like... I know as my fish is NAMED bizarro!)

also: bizarro-world only has two variations: Bizarro and Bizarro-Lois... and their ruler, the only Bizarro with powers, Bizarro #1 (although something like what you mentioned happened in, like, the first episode of Challenge of the Superfriends... hmmm). Still, Bizarro Faerun would be cool!

Make them identical in every way to the original, except that
1) they act backwards from the normal version of themselves: A wizard would disorganize their libraries while a cleric would run around healing orcs and monsters in the dungeon.
They wouldn't be "evil", or "chaotic" necessarily: the bizarro-paladin could have all the same powers, but would run around being "heroic" by "fixing" the local Inn until it was a pile of ashes.

2) Invert the effects of their special abilities and spells: Clerics with the healing domain could have a double that Inflicts. Bizarro sorcerers would change their Fireball spell into Iceball. You could add the Wild Magic PrC to spellcasters, to spice things up.

3) Keep their modifiers, as far as special abilities are concerned. However, intellegence-wise they would be maniacs. Keep in mind that Bizarro flies upside down and cries like a baby, sure, but then he beats Brainiac in chess or gibbers out mathematical formulae.

Adventure idea: the paladin gets "bizarro-ed", and his clone decides to teach children how to sing... by capturing and releasing a gibbering mouther in the middle of town! "Me am teach music!"

DoomHat
2006-10-15, 11:28 PM
It needs to be fairly difficult to make a Bizarro clone; a simple doodle of the target shouldn't be enough.

The process of 'inverting and transforming' mental stats needs to be clarified.

That doesn’t help much, thanks for replying though.

Well, to unbreak it, look at the costs involved with Simulacrum (which does very similar things) and replicate them. Then exaggerate them, as the Bizzaro spell makes for WONDERFUL fighter-fodder (especially with the same levels).

You'll probably want to spell out that you're inverting the modifier, rather than the actual stat - so that negatives make sense. And maybe that if it forces the attribute outside particulat bounds (say, 1-30; 3-30 for Int) the spell caps it at those bounds (so that the Bizzaro Wizard only ends up with an Int of 3, rather than -10, and the Bizzaro Sorcerer ends up with a Charisma of 1, rather than -10).

Thanks! That helped a lot! Very specific and I saw a rather nasty hole I’d left rather wide open.
Please send me a description of a character you would like drawn & Bizzaroed. I promise to put in more effort then the Bob image.

Don't bother with the modifiers. It's... well, going to make the system not make sense (in a way that Bizarro wouldn't like... I know as my fish is NAMED bizarro!)

Make them identical in every way to the original, except that
1) they act backwards from the normal version of themselves: A wizard would disorganize their libraries while a cleric would run around healing orcs and monsters in the dungeon.
They wouldn't be "evil", or "chaotic" necessarily: the bizarro-paladin could have all the same powers, but would run around being "heroic" by "fixing" the local Inn until it was a pile of ashes.

2) Invert the effects of their special abilities and spells: Clerics with the healing domain could have a double that Inflicts. Bizarro sorcerers would change their Fireball spell into Iceball. You could add the Wild Magic PrC to spellcasters, to spice things up.

3) Keep their modifiers, as far as special abilities are concerned. However, intellegence-wise they would be maniacs. Keep in mind that Bizarro flies upside down and cries like a baby, sure, but then he beats Brainiac in chess or gibbers out mathematical formulae.

Adventure idea: the paladin gets "bizarro-ed", and his clone decides to teach children how to sing... by capturing and releasing a gibbering mouther in the middle of town! "Me am teach music!"

I’ll take it under advisement but it means a whole lot of revision. Though you are right and as long as I’ve started this thing I might as well finish it. I really hate this modifier system I have here a lot.

I've edited it a bit. It's a little better but, the templet as is has to go..
Will edit further soon.

Maerok
2006-10-16, 03:39 PM
What if an insane hermit or the BBEG is cloned? Will they be sane/good?