PDA

View Full Version : Draconic Bloodlord [Epic feat]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-01-18, 10:21 PM
Draconic Bloodlord [Epic]
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/Draconomicon/117742.jpg
Your powers as a dragon shaman or dragonfire adept are exploited to a supernatural extreme, granting abilities much like that of true dragons.
Prerequisites: Cha 21, Con 21, breath weapon class feature that deals 9d6 points of damage, must know at least seven draconic auras or eight draconic invocations.
Benefit: You gain the half dragon template, with the color of the dragon blood matching that of your totem dragon(or any in case of the dragonfire adept). This template does not impose a level adjustment on the character. Additionally, your size increases by one step(to a maximum of colossal) and you gain a pair of wings like your dragon totem. If you already had a fly speed, it instead doubles, and the flight maneuverability increases by one step(to a maximum of perfect). Lastly, you are considered a 'true dragon' for the purposes of qualifying for feats, prestige classes and the like.

--

Just a tiny splurt of creativity in my homebrew drought.

Stycotl
2009-01-19, 02:28 PM
nifty. i really like this idea, though i think you ought to up the damage of the breath weapon–maybe +2d6 or so, since the half-dragon gives a breath weapon usable only 3 times a day or so.

very cool though.

DracoDei
2009-01-19, 04:38 PM
Remember it also gives Natural Armor, and ability score boosts. Quite frankly this sounds a bit overpowered, even for an Epic feat.

Stycotl
2009-01-19, 05:10 PM
yeah, but that is still in comparison to casters; +2d6 doesn't even compare to an extra 5th level spell. even in comparion to the tome of battle, i don't think that an extra 2d6 damage is overpowered. especially when the breath weapon is a standard act–although i am sure that there are ways around that.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-01-19, 10:40 PM
The biggest issue, as far as I can tell, is the ability score benefits. Following that, natural armor, free skill points, energy immunity (not sure if it's already part of the class), other immunities, and natural attacks make this quite a bit too good.

also, that thing about becoming a true dragon is worth quite a bit more than just an afterthought...(see my sig. I built a PrC around that concept)