PDA

View Full Version : Ingagarie  ((Fantasy animals and beasts))

Ing
2006-10-11, 06:29 PM
Tired of wilderness filled with nothing but normal everyday animals or horrible bone crunching magical beasts or demons? Well that's why here at the Ingagerie we are offering some fantastic creatures to flesh out those ecologies. Use them as naturally occuring speices to flesh out otherwise bland campaign worlds, find a unique mount, or give a legendary exotic beast to quest after.

PLease give feedback

Feel free to criticize or praise any here.
All creatures are of Animal, vermin, or magical beast type.

First up....

Marsh Maw
Large animal
6d8 HD (60)
20 X ft. (4 squares); Swim 30 ft
Init: 1
AC 15; touch 11; flat-footed 14
(10-1(size)+5(natural)+1dex)
BAB +3;
Grp +8
Attack Stomp +8 (1d8+5, 18/X2), bite +3 (1d4+3, 20/X2. Subduel)
Full-Attack two stomps +8/+4/(1d8+5, 18/X2) or 1 bite
Space 20 X10 ft.;
Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks
Special Qualities Frightful prescience (14)
Saves Fort +10 Ref +1 Will +3
Abilities Str 20, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 3, Wis 10, Cha 8
Skills swim (8), spot (2) search (4) listen (5), hide (8)
Feats run, power attack
Environment Dark Swamps and Marshes with significant water depth
Organization solo, pod (3-6)
Challenge Rating 5
Treasure none
Alignment CN
Advancement by huge (7-10hd);

The fabled Marsh maw is a truly terrible sight to behold. Towering like a black shadow in the swamps, sightings of the creature have been known to keep entire villages clear of wet lands. Looming with the body shape of a large elephant or perhaps a bulldog, the creature stands on 4 legs, the forelimbs much larger than the small hind. Its skin is a rubbery black shine that seems to blend in with the murky depths of the water. Its smooth body ends with a flat face, noted by two wide horrible glowing sorrowful eyes above a gaping mouth. The creature has a sever overbite, displaying a long track of teeth reaching down almost to the ground. However, despite its fearsome appearance, the Marsh Maw is a peaceful and shy creature, a land locked relative to the whales of the deep. Reclusive and shy the creature is usually only known by its song, a haunting dreadful melody that echoes through the marshy trees and reeds. It's large overbite teeth, while giving the appearance of a snarling drooling beast, is in reality a set of over developed baleen; the creature lives primarily off of strained marsh grasses and small fish, amphibians and crustaceans living in the water. Needless to say with their large bulk these quadrupeds spend most of their time in the deeper depths of the swamps submerged or mostly submerged in murky water. Marsh Maws are obsessively shy, tending to hide when they hear other creature's approaching, sinking into the forest shadows or sinking down to hide at the swamp bed.

Combat:

Precombat: If a Marsh maw hears a creature or party approaching it tries to hide to avoid confrontation.

Combat:
If discovered a Marsh Maw will inevitably let out a horrible scream, activating its frightful prescience in hopes of frightening off attackers, if this fails and it is attacked it will attempt to run away. Only after all these options are spent will it turn and fight, attacking with its mighty forearms. Once aggravated it will often bulrush in a line, trying to trample as many party members in one shot as possible. In prolonged battle it will attempt to draw attackers into deep water, where it can use its mass more efficiently to smother or drown its tormentor.

Ing
2006-10-11, 06:43 PM
Ant-alope
Medium animal (Insect)
1d8 HD (5)
40 X ft. (8 squares);
5: INITIATIVE
AC 18; touch 16 flat-footed 12
(10+4 natural+4 dex)
BAB +2;
Grp +1
Attack Pound +3 (1d4+1, 20/X2), stinger +6(1d6, 19 X3) pierce +poison
Full-Attack 2 pounds 3/3 or 1 sting 6(
Space 5X3 ft.;
Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks poison
Special Qualities
Saves Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +1
Abilities Str 13, Dex 18, Con 13, Int 1, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills
Feats Run, weapon finesse (stinger)
Environment Any grasslands
Organization heard (5-25)
Challenge Rating 2
Treasure none
Alignment CN
Advancement by age; elder (3-5hd +5 natural armor), great elder (L, 5-8 hd +8 natural armor)Favored Class
Level Adjustment +X

poison DC(15) total paralysis for 1d8 minutes. Affected target cannot move of breath and begin to suffocate if the poison does not wear off in time. Subsequent stings and poisons are stacked.

The Ant-alope are large insectoids, standing proudly on their two back legs, much like an ungulate while the forearms lay folded neatly in front. It is a favored mount amongst some for its pleasant attitude, natural saddle in the form of its thorax, and its long antennae make natural reins. Ant-alope are swift footed herbivores feeding off of grasses. They have a large love of fruit and other surgery foods. One can be tamed with a handle animal (15) (13 if they are offered fruit or sugar)

Combat:
Ant-alope run, often in a heard in all directions to confuse predators. When cornered they attack with their fore arms. While running they will skewer wildly with their poison barbed tails in hopes of poisoning and paralyzing their attacker.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-10-15, 09:58 AM
I really like these, the Marsh Maw in particular, however, this strange fromat you've done them in makes it a bit hard to go over number wise.

Ing
2006-10-15, 11:44 AM
I really like these, the Marsh Maw in particular, however, this strange fromat you've done them in makes it a bit hard to go over number wise.

What do you mean, I cut and paste the format from the "Homebrewing" thread?

Ing
2006-10-15, 02:19 PM
Grazjar
Medium animal (Insect)
HD5d8 HD (29)
speed50 X ft. (8 squares);
INITIATIVE 6
AC 18; touch 16 flat-footed 12
(10+4 natural+4 dex)
BAB +5; Grp +9
Attack: Pincer, peirce+8 (1d6+3, 20/X2), Claw, slash+8 (1d4+1, 20/X2)
Full-Attack One pincer and one slash
Space 5X4 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks: pheromone spray
Special Qualities: Improved Grapple. Pincer
Saves Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +1
Abilities Str 16, Dex 18, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 11, Cha 8
Skills: climb 10, jump 10, survival 10, intimidate 5, swim 1, spot 5, search 6
Feats Track, power attack, spring attack
Environment heavily forested swamps, marshes, woods and jungles
Organization: solo or pack (3d4)
Challenge Rating 4
Treasure none
Alignment CN
Advancement: Large (6-8hd), huge (9-12 hd)

A Grazkar is a large predatory insect that hunts large forests snatching up smaller weaker creatures with it's one mighty claw as it speeds through on its powerful three legs.. It slinks across the ground on three legs. The other forelimb is modified into a large sharp pincher that it carries beneath its stomach ready to strike. Its narrow body ends in a shade shaped head with a set of heavy mandibles. The creature prowls the forests feeding on S to medium sized animals, snatching them with its claw and choking the life out of them before feasting on their flesh.

Special
Improved Grapple: Grazjar can make a grapple attempt on a successful pincer attack.

Pincer: every round a Grazjar holds a grapple initiated by it's pincer it deals pincer damage to the target

Pheromones: Once every 1d4 rounds a grazjar can spray a small stream of sticky translucent green slime from its craw. The slime has a range of 20 feet and is a +9 touch attack. If hit the target is coated in a musky smelling slime that for 1 hour gives him a -1 on attacks (Fort save 13). From that point on the Grazjar has marked the target as its prey and can track it anywhere ((essentially acting as a discern location spell)). When in combat or close range the effected target cannot catch the Grazjar flank footed, has a -8 to hide and move silently checks. The effect can only be removed by a remove disease, prestidigitation, or at least five hours of bathing in salt water. The effect will end naturally in 6 months.

Combat:
Grazjar prefer ambush tactics and are cunning enough to work together to divide and conquer small groups. A single Grazjar will hide back, stalking a group until it discerns the weakest member. Once it is ready it will wait for one to straggle behind the others and snatch it and flee into the woods. A pack of Grazjar will similarly stalk pray. One will come out from the brush in front of the prey's point of view spraying them with its pheromones. While they are distracted the others will lunge from either side catching them by surprise before slipping back away into the woods. If they feel overpowered they will fall back and continue to track the prey from afar, waiting until it rests or is otherwise vulnerable.

Round by Round:
Surprise round: A Grazjar will spring attack in, sacrifice its slash attack for a pheromone spray, and try to grab its target with its pincer. If that succeeds it attempts to flea with its prey.

First Round: If meet with much resistance the Grazjar will fall back and flee, relying on it's pheromones to insure it can attack the prey later at its own advantage

Ing
2006-10-15, 02:44 PM
Volcano Wurlm
diminutive magical beast
HD1d2 HD (1)
speed5 X ft. (1square);
INITIATIVE 4
AC 18; touch 18 flat-footed 12
(10+4 size+4 dex)
BAB +1; Grp +9*
Attack: bite+0 (pierce) (1d1 damage +fire curse (see bellow), 18/X4)
Full-Attack One bite
Space 0X0 ft.(1 to six inches long); Reach 6 inches
Special Attacks: Smoke
Special Qualities: Fire Curse, Spell Like abilities, Smoke Aura.
Saves Fort -2 Ref +2 Will +0
Abilities Str 3, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 1, Wis 10, Cha 8
Skills: climb 10, swim 15, spot 5, search 6, hide 10 (when moving due to small size), move silently 15
Feats none
Environment Dry woods and pine bearings (those that have seasonal fires)
Organization: solo or swarm (3d10)
Challenge Rating 1/4
Treasure none
Alignment CN
Advancement: tiny (1-2d4)

A volcano wurlm is a small salamander like amphibian. Averaging at 3 inches in length from head to tail and toping at no more than 1 foot 6 inches these tiny creatures are considered a pest around camp sites. They have developed a magical adaptation against the seasonal fires of their natural home that makes them a bane against the casual traveler. Their touch imminently turns any fire into a cloud of noxious gas, this combined with their attraction to camp fires for the heat has vexed many a travel party. Physically they are harmless, little more than stubby toed red and orange patterned newts. They feed on insects and dried/burnt decaying bark. Some Alchemists use them as ingredients to make potions.

Special
ash aura: Volcano Wurlm's emit a constant effect of pyrotechnics, like the spell this causes any fire they come into contact with to change into choking smoke.

Spell like abilities:
At will: fog, daze (manifests as a cloud of smoke emitted from their mouths) as cast by a 5th level caster.

Fire Curse: those hit by the creature's bite are temporarily imbedded with their unique relationship to fire. They are unable to make start a fire, any attempt results in a toxic cloud; however they are immune to any effects of fire (similarly turning even magic effects, save for hell fire, into a choking smoke cloud). DC will save 20; it can be removed with a removed curse spell and ends naturally after 1d4 weeks.

Potion brewing: Volcano Wurlms can be used to make the following potions

1) immunity to fire (Craft check 15): gives fire immunity for 2d10 minutes
2) smoke screen: (craft 10) summons a cloud of choking smog that gives cover and gives -4 to all who breath it in (fort 18). Area is 30 by 30 feet and it lasts 5d4 rounds.

Combat:
Volcano Wurlms are unsuited for combat against normal sized creatures. They run away, using their hide check in the grass to prevent creatures from finding them. Often when frightened they unleash a surprisingly large fog of smog from their mouths to cover their escape.

The Demented One
2006-10-15, 03:11 PM
What do you mean, I cut and paste the format from the "Homebrewing" thread?
No, you're using some funky non-standard format--close to normal, but with a few bits not where they should be. Here's the old monster format, which tends to be preferred. WotC is using a new one, but many, myself included, dislike it.

Name
Size/Type:
Hit Dice:
Initiative:
Speed:
Armor Class: ( ), touch , flatfooted
Base Attack/Grapple: +/+
Attack:
Full Attack:
Space/Reach: ft./ ft.
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities:
Saves: Fort +, Ref +, Will +
Abilities: Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
Skills:
Feats:
Environment:
Organization:
Challenge Rating:
Treasure:
Alignment:
Advancement:
Level Adjustment:

Ing
2006-10-15, 05:46 PM
I'll use that in the future. I just copy and based the template off of the thread that was on here...blame them.

What do you think of the critters?

Ing
2006-10-15, 11:05 PM

I edited them a bit, is that any better?

Ing
2006-11-19, 10:54 AM
Snaggle Tongue Schnauzer

Tiny Animal
Hit Dice: 1d8=6
Initiative: +6
Speed: 35 ft. (7 squares)
Armor Class: 17 (+5 dex, +2size), touch 17, flat-footed 10
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/1
Attack: Bite (+5, 1d4), 1 tongue strike (+11/6, 1d4-1).
Full attack. 2 tongue strikes or 1 bite
Space/Reach: 2X2
Special Attacks: Tongue strike
Special Qualities:
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +3
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 20, Con 11, Int 3, Wis 15, Cha 15
Skills: slide of hand +8, move silently+8, Hide +7, Intimidate +4,
Feats: Improved Initiative
Environment: Forests, underground urban
Organization: solitary or pack (3-16)
Challenge Rating: 1/2
Treasure: none
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: Small (3-5hd)

The Snaggle Tongue Schnauzer is appears as an ordinary small ratting dog at first appearance, hyper active in temperament and liberal with affection, with a fury near tussled muzzle, floppy ears and bright eyes. Its true nature usually doesn’t appear until it spots a food item or other object of interest. When it believes no one is looking it opens its wide muzzle and lets out its second mouth, a barbed second mouth on a tongue to snatch the food. The Snaggle Tongue Schnauzer is typically playful and is seen as more of an annoyance than a threat.

An STS can be trained with a handle animal check 15. Rangers and Druids can choose one as their animal companion and a Sorc/Wizard can choose one as a familiar. As a familiar it gives a +2 to slide of hand.

Combat:
STS's are proud and protective of those who own their loyalty. Having no concept of their own small size they'll attempt to growl and frighten threats away before fighting. If forced into combat they will flee, if pressed further they will attempt to get distance and bite their ranged snaggle tongue.

Special abilities

Snaggle Tongue Strike: the Sts can launch its second tongue out to bite or snatch food. It muses a slide of hand to grab items it wishes to steal. The tongue is long and stretchy extending to a maximum 10 feet of length.

Ing
2006-11-19, 11:21 AM
BonziTurtle

C magical beast
Hit Dice: 30d12=320
Initiative: -5
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 20 (-2 dex, -4size, 16 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 20
Base Attack/Grapple: +10/5 /20
Attack: Bite (+20/15, 2d6+10 20X3), tail strike (+15, 2d8+15)
Full attack. 2 bites or 1 bite and 1 tail strike
Space/Reach: 80X60
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities: Garden, spell like abilities, damage reduction 10/+2
Saves: Fort +20, Ref -4, Will +9
Abilities: Str 30, Dex 5, Con 25, Int 18, Wis 15, Cha 2
Skills: knowledge nature+15, knowledge dungeoneering+15, knowledge religion+15, knowledge the planes+15, spellcraft+15, knowledge arcana+15, knowledge locak+15, profession herbology/forestry+15, survival+15
feats: Brew potion
Environment: Thick Forests
Organization: solitary (only 1)
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure: none
Alignment: Always

the bonziturtle is a large, unbelievably vast land turtle. Its skin is the color and pattern of the topsoil and mulch around it, covered in thick layers of moss and lichen. Atop its shell lies an immense vast garden, filled with tangles of trees, bushes and even a small lake. Its back houses the holy trees and plants to its nature deity. It marches silently and passively across the land, seeking out exotic plants to add to its back. When it sees a plant it desires to add, it devours it and its seeds and roots are integrated into the soil of its back. Though silent and appearing like a mindless grazing behemoth the bonziturtle is actually very aged and wise, housing immense knowledge of plants, potions, nature, and the surrounding area. Though getting it to share that information is troublesome as the ancient beast tends to ignore creatures that fail to catch its interest, even if they strike at it. The bonziturtle speaks no language (or refuses to do so) but could be compelled to speak with a speak to animal or commune with nature. Even then it takes some offer of goodwill to earn the bonziturtle's trust, diplomacy (28) though this can be lowered to (18) with an offer of a plant or similar goodwill to add to its garden.
Combat:
Bonziturtles tend to ignore all sentient creatures around them, including those who attack them. If any manage to overcome its damage reduction or impede its path it will attack them to knock them out of the way and continue on. If pestered enough it uses its spell like abilities to manufacture an escape

Special Abilities
Garden: the vast Garden on the turtle's back is fertile and blessed. It is under the constant effect of sanctify and protection against evil spells as if cast by an 18th level cleric.

spell like abilities (as a 15th level druid)
at will: Sanctuary, heal moderate wounds, entangle, goodberry (from the berry bearing plants on its back), gust of wind, obscuring mist, web
5 times per day: hold person, hero feast (from the plants on its back), contagion, shout, awaken treent, cure serious wound
once per day: earthquake

damage reduction 10/+2

Maerok
2006-11-19, 01:25 PM
Don't the new books coming out use a strange format like that? MM4, I think and a few other new ones. I don't really like it. Reminds me too much of the change over Magic the Gathering had a while back to the new format. *sob*

Serakus_DeSardis
2006-11-19, 03:21 PM
Maerok - You mean when they made all the new sets look like Portal did? Very decent feel for a childrens or scifi ccg, but it destroyed the beauty and uniqueness of the old templates.

Ing - I like the ideas but you need to do some spellchecking and the like. Just a few examples - sattle should be saddle, amphibeon should be amphibian. Not trying to be a jerk, just a bit of a nitpick. Otherwise interesting work.

Ing
2006-11-19, 07:29 PM
Maerok - You mean when they made all the new sets look like Portal did? Very decent feel for a childrens or scifi ccg, but it destroyed the beauty and uniqueness of the old templates.

Ing - I like the ideas but you need to do some spellchecking and the like. Just a few examples - sattle should be saddle, amphibeon should be amphibian. Not trying to be a jerk, just a bit of a nitpick. Otherwise interesting work.

OK ok fixed the spelling. Also Maerok...that is an interesting question but what does it have to do with the topic on hand?

Serakus_DeSardis
2006-11-19, 07:38 PM
What question?

I like the ideas you posted here, I just had a little constructive input about the presentation. We all make typos and the like, even myself. I'm the worst with it because I know when I've misspelled something and I go nuts if I can't remember how to spell it correctly. :) Nothing to get feathers ruffled over, great work here so far.

Ing
2006-11-19, 09:38 PM
What question?

I like the ideas you posted here, I just had a little constructive input about the presentation. We all make typos and the like, even myself. I'm the worst with it because I know when I've misspelled something and I go nuts if I can't remember how to spell it correctly. :) Nothing to get feathers ruffled over, great work here so far.

Sorry I meant Maerok's comment about the new stat chart. I mean I don't want to be mean but it kinda came out of left feild and is better suited for the general D20 thread.

Ing
2006-11-19, 10:16 PM
Parralax
Small animal
2d4 HD (4)
5 X ft. (1 squares); fly 50 feet (10 squares)
Init: 2
AC 13; (+1 size+2dex) touch 13; flat-footed 10
BAB/GRAP +3|+8
Attack Bite (+5 1d4-1) scratch (+6/2 1d2)
Full-Attack 1 bite or 2 scratches
Space 3X2
Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks
Special Qualities Spell Like abilities
Saves Fort +1 Ref +6 Will +3
Abilities Str 6, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 20
Skills Perform(ventriloquism)+15, bluff+15, sense motive+5, survival +5, hide 8
Feats weapon finesse (bite), track
Environment Mountainous Jungles, Tropic underground
Organization solo, flock (4-8)
Challenge Rating 1
Treasure none
Alignment CN
Advancement none

The Parralax is a small parrot like creature of indistinct near cammo plumage. It is a annoying and troublesome pest that seems to have an innate knack to position itself on common paths into its territory. the Parralax enjoys tracking traveling groups, examining their social dynamics and studying their voices. When bored it enjoys using its mimicry to cause strife and confusion amongst the group. It will often mimic insults, slander or exclamations from one group member in an attempt to stir fights. if a party member strays from view from the rest it will mimic cries for help to further separate and scatter the party. if all else fails it mimics the sounds of local predators or monsters to cause fear. While in itself nothing more than an annoyance, local predator populations have been known to follow them, long since having learned that their antics may bring unsuspecting pray into their clutches.

Spell Like abilities
at will: ghost noise, Ventriloquism. as cast by an 14th level caster.

Coffee_Cream
2006-11-20, 11:28 AM
I like these a lot, really interesting ideas, as vorp said, the marsh more is especially good.

P.S your sig owns, bill hicks was the granddaddy of dudes.

Ing
2006-11-20, 05:03 PM
ok this one is one of my favs. I present to you now, Stephen Colbert's worst nightmare, the dreaded...

!!!!Bearaconda!!!!!!

Huge animal (long)
10d12 HD (90)
Speed: 45 X ft. (9 squares); swim 60 feet (12 squares)
Init: 3
AC 21; (-2 size+3dex+10 natural) touch 11; flat-footed 20
BAB/GRAP +8/3 |+22
Attack Bite (+6/2 1d6), slash (+7/4 2d8+5), slam: (+6 3d6+7)
Full-Attack 2 slashes and 1 slam or 2 slashes and 1 bite or 1 tail swing
Space 6 wide X 30 long
Reach 15 ft.
Special Attacks: constrict, rend, crush, swallow whole, tail swing(+7 2d6+7)
Special Qualities tremorsense, improved grab
Saves Fort +1 Ref +6 Will +3
Abilities Str 22, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 2, Wis 10, Cha 2
Skills hide 8, move silently 7, survival 10, search 7, spot 2,
Feats track, power attack, dodge
Environment Mountainous Jungles, tropical inland waters
Organization solo, swarm (3-8)
Challenge Rating 8
Treasure none
Alignment CN
Advancement none

The Bearaconda is a most horrible and savage force of nature. Many suspect this unnatural union between two of the most feared and deadly animals, the godless bears and the sinister snakes is the result of magical manipulation on the part of deranged druids or perhaps Yun-ti sages. with the upper torso in the vague shape of a large grizzly bear and the lower body of a long constrictor as thick as a tree trunk the Bearaconda is best avoided and fled rather than fought. its body is coated in a thick crocadilian hide, protecting it as it crashes through the brush and marshes of the tropics swinging its claws and gnashing its teeth.

Abilities

constrict: as a half round action the bearaconda can attempt to grapple an opponent with its serpentine tail. if the opponent is grappled the Bearaconda coils its body around them and begins to use it's vast muscle system to squeeze the life and breath out of it's victim. the victim takes 1d8+10 damage per round and must make a fort save (16) or have their air squeezed out of their body and immediently begin to suffocate (taking 1d2 temporary con damage per round, damage recovers at a pt of 1 round after regaining breath).

rend: when the bearaconda makes a successfull attack with both claws, it can choose to rend its target and deal 2d6+5 damage

Improved Grab: when a bearaconda makes a successfull attack with both claws it can choose to initiate a grapple (recieving now AoO)

crush: each round the bearaconda holds a graple with its arms it can choose to give it's opponent a mighty bear hug, squeezing the life out of them. they must make a fort check (16) or take 3d6+2 damage each turn. While doing this the bearaconda cannot attack with its claws.

swallow whole: for M or smaller creatures the Bearaconda upon a successful bite attack can attempt to swallow them whole. the opponent can break out with a successful str check or escape artist (35) or by dealing 25 damage (AC inside is 17). Each round the target takes 2d8 bluegoning damage. After 1d4 rounds they are swallowed far enough into the Bearaconda's digestive track to reach its stomach and begin to take 2d6 acid damage as well per round. if the bearaconda attempts to constrict an target while a creature is swallowed the swallowed creature must also save as if they are being constricted. If a target manadges to free themselves through damage, the bearaconda's body is split open and it begins to bleed to death loosing 1d4 con per round.

Tail Sweap: Once per 1d6 rounds the Bearaconda can, use whirlwind attack (as the feat) to strike all targets in its threatened zone with its tail (see damage above). this is a full round action for the bearaconda.

Tremorsense: the flesh of the Bearaconda's underbelly is sensative enough to pick up vibrations from the ground (or water when submerged). it can sense the general location of living or moveing objects giving it a +4 to search and reducing concealment for invisible targets from 50% to 35%. The Bearaconda is otherwise deaf (lacking ears) and is not effected by musical or sonic effects (though it still takes damage from sonic attacks).

Combat
The Bearaconda perefers to ambush loan pray. if it finds a target it deems suitable it will launch out at it, weakening it with it's claws attempting to bear hug it. once in a deadly hug the bear will transfer it to its coils and attempt to constrict it and crush its body. ONce that target stops moving it will swallow. If interupted in its feeding, and it judges the opposition to be dire enough to require its full attention it will swallow its constricted pray (even if they are still alive) and attack the others with its claws and tail. It will single out the physicly strongest member of the opposition as its dodge target and focus on attacking them with its claws while swatting at the physically weaker team members with its tail.

Ing
2006-11-20, 05:37 PM
Sage Scuttler

diminitive abberition
1d4 2
Speed: 15 X ft. (3 squares); swim 30 feet (6 squares)
Init: 7
AC 21; (+3 size+7dex+1 natural) touch 20; flat-footed 11
BAB/GRAP +8 |+20
Attack Bite (+8 1d2), slash (8/3 1d1)
Full-Attack 1 bite or 2 slashes
Space 2 inches long by 1.5 inches high
Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks: Poison, burrow, neural clamp, Spells.
Special Qualities Knowledge seeker, climbing
Saves Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +18
Abilities Str 1, Dex 24, Con 10, Int 25, Wis 12, Cha 11
Skills hide 15, move silently 12, search 7, spot 2, Knowledge (any 7) 15, concentrate 10, spellcraft, 15, climb 20
Feats quicken spell, shape spell, silent spell, still spell
Environment Any
Organization solo,
Challenge Rating 15
Treasure none
Alignment Any Lawful
Advancement none

The Sage Scuttler is truely an enigmatic and fascinating creature. appearing on the outside to be little more than an small elongated crab or small lobster the soft bodies crustacean is a master manipulater and nueral parasite. Sage Scuttlers travel the world in search of knowledge, which they gain through tapping directly into a hosts brain. they learn all they can from the hosts's own knowledge and obtain any information they can through their hosts position in socity. often to make the long dangerous journys from their aquatic homes the Sage Scuttlers latch on to random bystanders and slowly manipulate their way to more knowledgeable or influential persons, one host at a time. Through their journies most Sage scuttlers are master scholars and have knowledge riviling accomplishes spellcasters. Though physically weak and feeble in their true form when possessing another figure they can be a truely deadly forced when pushed into combat

ABILITIES

Poison: Delivered upon a bite attack, fort save 20 or the subject becomes compleatly numb for 1d6 rounds.

burrow: Upon a flatfooted or otherwise unaware opponent (one with a dex denies to AC) a Sage Scuttler can crawl up on them to find a nice path of flesh. Using precise care they burrow through the skin and tissue until they reach the spinal cord, where they release many small nerve axoms from their mouth. these axoms latch on and trace their way up the body to the brain stem, hacking in and initiating their neural clamp. This process deals 1 con damage. When the Sage Scuttler removes, volluntarily or forced the process of retracting its axoms deals 1d4 temporary wisdom damage.

neural clamp: Once burrowed inside a creature the Sage Scuttler taps into their nervous system, attempting to hack in and take control of the creature. The creature must make a will save (28) or be controled and helpless for 1d4 days. durring that time they black out and remember nothing. The creature keeps all of its physical abilities and wisdom score and skills but gains the Sage Scuttlers Intelligence, Charisma, will save and INT based skills (Knowledge, spellcraft). the creature retains any feats, natural abilities, attacks and non-archane spellcasting special. A Sage Scuttler can be rmeoved through a remove disease spell or purify.

Spells: A Sage Scuttler casts and prepares spells as a 15th level wizard. It is unable to preform many spells in its natural form due to the somatic and verbal components and either has to still/silent them or find a host to cast through.

Knowledge seeker: upon entering a host the Sage Scuttler gains any knowledge the host itself has (raising any knowledge based skills to the hosts level, assuming they are higher than the Sage Scuttler's current, permenetly). The Sage Scuttler has a photographic memory and compleatly memorizes any archane spell the host knows or has prepared, as well as any spell from a book it is able to read. Needless to say over the years many Sage Scuttlers have amassed quite the internal library of arcane power.

climbing: due to their small size Sage Scuttlers use their climb skill in place of grapple in their true form. A grappled target is not encombered or restrained by the grapple and can move freely.

Coffee_Cream
2006-11-21, 05:25 AM
wow your really churning these out and many of them are very good... when i get some time i'll take a better look and give you a more full opinion. Looks sweet though

Ing
2006-11-21, 01:54 PM
Glib Gabber

diminutive magical beast
1d8=5
Speed: 5 X ft. (1 squares); swim 15 feet (3 squares)
Init: 4
AC 19; (+3 size+4dex+2 natural) touch 17; flat-footed 12
BAB/GRAP 0 |-8
Attack None
Full-Attack none
Space 4 inches long by 1 inch high
Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks: Surgical Saliva, Devouring
Special Qualities Spelllike abilities, Sterilizer
Saves Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +7
Abilities Str 1, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 7, Wis 17, Cha 18
Skills hide 17, move silently 12, search 11, spot 11, climb 20, Perform 8
Feats dodge
Environment Any
Organization solo,
Challenge Rating 1/12
Treasure none
Alignment Any Chaotic
Advancement none

The Glib Gabber is a small arthropod resembling a giant isopod (pill bug) crossed with a cockroach with a vaguely humanoid, noseless, earless face. its small segmented body is a pale ghastly white color, contrasted by its mirrored black eyes. The Glib Gabber is a rare parasite living amongst aquatic or near aquatic territories and rarely seen outside of a host. Possessing a truly unique life cycle the Glib Gabber seeks out sleeping or helpless or dormant hosts and climbs inside their mouth. Once inside it releases from it's body a fine coating of antiseptics, painkillers and anti clotting chemicals. Assuring the mouth is sanitized the Glib Gabber proceeds to then devour the hosts tongue. after completely removing all the muscle and connective tissue the Glib Gabber positions its tail into the severed nerve and muscle bundle that previously attached to the tongue and hooks itself in. By interpreting the nerve and muscle impulses with its rear the Glib Gabber makes itself a organic replacement tongue for its host. It functions almost completely as a normal tongue would, for the most part obeying its hosts commands. In exchange the Glib Gabber cleans the mouth by eating any scraps off food left over. personality wise most Glib Gabbers have fairly low intelligence and tend to have child like demeanors. Glib Gabbers can speak themselves and are in fact masters of the spoken word. If the Glib Gabber finds itself disagreeing or angry at its host it will often refuse to make the proper tongue shapes required for the hosts desired speech, leaving them mute, or what’s worse, mimicking their voice and speaking contrary to their hosts desires. While creepy and disgusting to many humanoid cultures who have taboos against parasites, the Glib Gabber is at worst a moderate annoyance and at best has many positive benefits. A Glib Gabber’s most common host are Sea Elves, Fish, Dolphins, Whales, Kackrens,

ABILITIES

Surgical Saliva: A Glib Gabber sprays a series of chemicals from its body when inside a hosts mouth. These chemicals prevent the host from feeling any pain during the devouring process and prevent the host from loosing hit points or bleeding to death. Fort save is 35, the mouth goes completely numb if failed and creatures are unable to notice the feeding going on inside them

Devouring: once inside the mouth the Glib Gabber proceeds to eat its hosts tongue and act as its replacement. The entire process takes between 30 minutes and two hours. A Glib Gabber is not technically a detrimental parasite so it is not treated as a disease by the Remove disease spell, Restoration, or the Paladin’s divine health. A Glib Gabber can be removed through surgery (heal check 30) but that leaves the subject mute and without a tongue.

Spell like abilities (cast as if by a 6th level Sorcerer

At will: Tongues, Ghost Sound, Ventriloquism
Once per week: charm person,

Sterilizer: because it keeps its hosts mouth clean and sterilized from bacteria the Glib Gabber bestows a +2 bonus to fort checks against ingested poisons and disease checks from ingesting food.

Devouring