Display: Auditory
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: Will negates
Power Resistance: Yes
Power Points: 3

You attack the linguistic centers of your target’s brain, causing it to lose the ability to speak 1d2 randomly chosen languages it knows.

Augmentation
For every two additional power points you spend, the target loses access to an additional language. If you spend six additional power points, the target is struck mute, losing the ability to speak at all.

Atavistic Mind
Clairsentience
Level: Psion/Wilder 2, Psychic Warrior 1
Display: Olfactory
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 min./level
Power Points: 3 (Psion/Wilder), 1 (Psychic Warrior)

You draw on your primal subconscious, gaining access to the skills your primitive ancestors mastered in ages past. Choose one of the following benefits to gain:

Atavistic Athleticism: You gain a +5 bonus on Climb, Jump, and Swim checks.

Atavistic Instinct: You gain a +3 insight bonus on Initiative checks and a +5 insight bonus on Survival checks.

Atavistic Senses: You gain low-light vision and a +5 insight bonus on Listen and Spot checks.

Atavistic Speed: You gain a +10 insight bonus to your base land speed and a +3 insight bonus on Reflex saves.
[/list]
Augmentation:
For every two additional power points you spend, you may choose an additional ability to gain access to. If you spend 5 additional power points, this power's duration increases to 10 min./level. If you spend 10 additional power points, this power's duration increases to 24 hours.

Crystalline Termination
Metacreativity
Level: Shaper 9
Display: Material
Duration: Instantaneous until discharged
Saving Throw: See text
Power Resistance: No
Power Points: 17

You create millions of microscopic crystals within the target's body. If it fails a Fortitude save, its body is infused with a countless number of minute crystalline blades, which initially have no harmful effect. However, as long as you are within 100 ft. of the target, you may, as a standard action, discharge the power and activate the crystals. They begin whirling around within the subject's body, destroying it from within. He takes 17d6 points of slashing damage, with a Fortitude save for half. Damage reduction applies to this damage, though the shards are treated as magic weapons for overcoming it. In addition, if he fails a second Fortitude save, he takes 2d6 points of Con damage as the shards lacerate his innards. If you do not discharge this power within 1 week/2 levels of manifesting it, the crystals are harmlessly absorbed into the subject's body.

Augmentation
For every additional power point spent, the slashing damage dealt increases by 1d6. For every two additional power points spent this way, the DC of this power increases by one, as does the Con damage dealt.

Energy Bow
Psychokinesis [See Text]
Level: Psychic Warrior 3, Psychokineticist 3
Effect: 1 bow of energy
Range: 0 ft.
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial (see text)
Power Points: 5

Upon manifesting this power, you choose cold, electricity, fire, or sonic. A bow of that energy appears in your hands. You may, as an standard action, fire an arrow of energy from the bow, which deals 1d6 points of damage of its energy type and has an additional effect based on its energy type. The bow has a range increment of 100 ft. If the bow leaves your hands, it dissipates harmlessly. This power’s subtype is the same as the type of energy you manifest.

Cold
A cold arrow deals +1 point of damage. A creature struck by a cold arrow must make a Fortitude save or be blinded for 1 round.

Electricity
A creature struck by an electricity arrow must make a Fortitude save or be stunned for 1 round. The DC of this save is increased by 2.

Fire
A fire arrow deals +1 point of damage. A creature struck by a fire arrow must make a Fortitude save or be dazed for 1 round.

Sonic
A sonic arrow deals -1 point of damage and ignores an object’s hardness. A creature struck by a sonic arrow must make a Fortitude save or be deafened for 1 round.

Augmentation
For every two additional power points you spend, the DC of this power increases by one. For every three power points spent this way, you gain a +1 enhancement bonus on attack rolls made with the energy bow.

Energy Guillotine
Psychokinesis [See Text]
Level: Psychokineticist 7
Display: Visual
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Power Points: 13

Upon manifesting this power, you choose cold, electricity, fire, or sonic. You launch a thin blade of this energy at your target, aimed to sever his neck. You must make a ranged touch attack to hit your target. The blade deals 13d6 points of damage of the chosen energy type, and if the target fails a Fortitude save, it is decapitated. Most of the time, a creature that is decapitated dies, though some creatures, such as undead, constructs, oozes, and some aberrations either have no heads or do not need a head to live. This power’s subtype is the same as the type of energy you manifest.

Cold
A cold guillotine deals +1 point of damage per die.

Electricity
Manifesting an electricity guillotine provides a +2 bonus to the save DC and a +2 bonus on manifester level checks for the purpose of overcoming power resistance.

Fire
A fire guillotine deals +1 point of damage per die.

Sonic
A sonic guillotine deals -1 point of damage per die and ignores an object’s hardness.

Augmentation
For every additional power point you spend, the damage dealt by the guillotine increases by 1d6. For every two extra dice of damage dealt, this power's DC increases by 1.

Energy Mine
Psychokinesis [See Text]
Level: Psion/Wilder 3
Range: Touch
Target: Object touched
Duration: Permanent until discharged (D)

Upon manifesting this power, you choose cold, electricity, fire, or sonic. You imbue the touched object with the chosen energy, turning it into an energy mine. You may choose to have the mine either be triggered by a delay or proximity. A delay-triggered mine detonates after a number of minutes chosen by you upon manifesting the power, which cannot exceed your manifester level. A proximity-triggered mine detonates whenever it is touched by a creature other than you or up to one creature per level you designate when manifesting the power. Once triggered, the energy mine explodes in a 10 ft. radius burst of energy, dealing 5d6 points of damage. A creature in the same square as the mine takes full damage with no save, as does the mine itself. All other creatures caught in the burst may make a Reflex save for half damage. This power’s subtype is the same as the type of energy you manifest.

Cold
A cold mine deals +1 point of damage per die. The saving throw to reduce damage from a cold mine is a Fortitude save instead of a Reflex save.

Electricity
Manifesting an electricity mine provides a +2 bonus to the save DC and a +2 bonus on manifester level checks for the purpose of overcoming power resistance.

Fire
A fire mine deals +1 point of damage per die.

Sonic
A sonic mine deals -1 point of damage per die and ignores an object’s hardness.

Augmentation
For every additional power point you spend, the damage dealt by the mine increases by 1d6. For every two extra dice of damage dealt, this power's DC increases by 1.

Energy Nova
Psychokinesis [See Text]
Level: Psychokineticist 9
Range: 30 ft.
Area: 30 ft. radius emanation, centered on you.
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Reflex half (see text)

Upon manifesting this power, you choose cold, electricity, fire, or sonic. You surround yourself in a seething aura of that energy. On the round you manifest this power, all creatures other than you take 17d6 points of that type of damage, with a Reflex save for half damage. Each subsequent round, all creatures again take energy damage, by the damage decreases by 1d6. Once the damage dealt by this power is reduced to 0, the power ends, even if you maintain concentration. This power’s subtype is the same as the type of energy you manifest.

Cold
A cold nova deals +1 point of damage per die. The saving throw to reduce damage from a cold nova is a Fortitude save instead of a Reflex save.

Electricity
Manifesting an electricity nova provides a +2 bonus to the save DC and a +2 bonus on manifester level checks for the purpose of overcoming power resistance.

Fire
A fire nova deals +1 point of damage per die.

Sonic
A sonic nova deals -1 point of damage per die and ignores an object’s hardness.

Augmentation
For every additional power point you spend, the damage dealt in the first round increases by 1d6. For every two extra dice of damage dealt, this power's DC increases by 1.

Infocalypse
Clairsentience
Level: Seer 9
Display: Mental
Duration: 1 round/level (D)

You open a direct link between your mind and the collective unconscious of all minds, giving you access to the knowledge of all things. However, the knowledge that surges into your mind shatters your sanity. You gain a +10 insanity bonus to Int, a +20 insanity bonus on all Knowledge checks, and you may use all Knowledge skill untrained. In addition, you may manifest any psionic power as if you knew it. However, each round you take 1 point of Wis burn, and every time you manifest a power that you do not know normally, you take Wis burn equal to half that power's level, rounded up. If this power reduces you to Wis 1 or less, you go permanently insane. Only an artifact or deity can restore your sanity.

Memetic Plague
Telepathy (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Telepath 7
Range: Long (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Power Points: 13

You implant a viral idea--a meme--into your subject's mind. If it fails its Will save, it is infected by the meme. Each subsequent round, it must make another Will save or take 1d6 points of Cha burn and be confused for that round, as the meme overlays itself on the subject's ego. In addition, it becomes a short-range telepathic vector for the meme. Each round, all creatures adjacent to the infected creature must make a Will save or become infected by the memetic plague themselves, though it only lasts as long as the remaing duration of the original power.

Mesmer
Telepathy [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Psion/Wilder 2
Range: 40 ft.
Area: Cone-shaped burst

You emit a hypnotic psychic aura, which takes the form of a barely-visible cone of multicolored light. All creatures caught in the cone must save or be fascinated.

Augmentation:
For every two additional power points you spend, the DC of this power increases by one.

Mindlight
Metacreativity [Light]
Level: Psion/Wilder 1, Psychic Warrior 1
Effect: 1 sphere of light
Range: 0 ft.
Power Points: 1

You create a sphere of luminous ectoplasm, which shines as a torch and orbits your head, much like an ioun stone. In addition, as a move action, you may attempt a DC 15 Intelligence check to double the range of the sphere's light for 1d6 rounds.

Psychic Trap
Level: Psion/Wilder 3
Range: Close (25 ft. +5 ft./2 levels)

You inflame your subject’s mind with latent psychic stress. Though this power initially causes no harm, and has no obvious effects, whenever the subject manifests a power, casts a spell, or similar, the stress is triggered. He takes an amount of nonlethal damage equal to the level of the spell or power, and may have to make a Concentration check to avoid losing the power.

Augmentation
If you spend two additional power points, this power causes its subject to take lethal damage, rather than subdual damage.

Purifying Meditation
Psychometabolism
Level: Psion/Wilder 1, Psychic Warrior 1
Display: Olfactory
Manifesting Time: 1 full-round action
Duration: 30 minutes
Power Points: 1

You enter a state of meditation for 30 minutes. During this time, you are treated as being asleep, though you do not take the standard penalty on Listen checks. If you exit the trance before the duration of this power, it is discharged without effect. However, if you spend the whole thirty minutes in meditation, you are healed as if you had spent a night resting, and are cured of the fatigued and exhausted conditions if you are currently subject to them. You do not gain any other benefits of a night's sleep, such as regaining power points.

Augmentation
If you spend 1 additional power point, you may are healed of 1d4 points of ability damage to one ability score. If you spend 3 additional power points, you are cured of any diseases afflicting you. If you spend 5 additional power points, any poisons affecting you are neutralized, and you suffer no further effects from them. If you spend 10 additional power points, you are healed of any negative levels, ability damage, or ability drain effecting you. All these augmentations are cumulative.

Scramble Synapses
Psychokinesis [Electricity, Mind-Affecting]
Level: Psion/Wilder 2, Psychic Warrior 2
Target: Creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous, then 1 round
Saving Throw: Will partial

As part of this power, you must make a touch attack against your target. If the attack is successful, he takes 3d6 points of electricity damage. In addition, the electrical current interrupts his thought processes–he must make a Will save or be confused for 1 round. Creatures immune to mind-affecting powers are damaged normally, but are immune to the confusion effect.

Augmentation
For every additional power point you spend, the damage dealt is increased by 1d6. For every two additional power points spent this way, the DC of this power increases by one and the duration of the confusion effect increases by one round.

Thanatopsis
Clairsentience
Level: Seer 2
Target: Touched corpse
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: None

You scan the psychic imprint of a corpse to learn of the dead creature’s life. You view the creature’s perception of its own death, finding out as well as it did how it died. If you manifest this power again on that corpse, you are instead presented with the creature’s perception of a randomly chosen moment of great importance of the creature’s life, generally lasting about 5 minutes.

Unleash the Id
Telepathy (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Psion/Wilder 6

This spell incites a deep-seated rage in its targets. Those who fail their saves gain a +6 morale bonus to Strength and may make a single extra attack at their highest base attack bonus when making a full attack. However, they take a -4 penalty to AC and take 2 points of nonlethal damage each round. Finally, they lose the ability to tell friend from foe. Instead, each round, they must attack the creature closest to them, excepting their own familiar or similar companion, deciding which creature to attack randomly if their are multiple creatures equidistant from them.

Unspeakable Horror
Level: Psion/Wilder 4
Duration: See text
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial and Will partial (see text)
Power Points: 7

You seize control of your foe's senses for a moment, forcing them to view a scene of mind-shattering horror. If they fail their Fortitude save, they are nauseated for 1d4+1 rounds. Even if they succeed the save, they are sickened for 1 round. If they fail their Will save, they are panicked for 5d6 rounds. Even if they succeed that save, they are shaken for 1 round.

Augmentation
For every two additional power points you spend, the DC of this power increases by one and you may target an additional creature with this power.

Worldwind
Psychoportation
Level: Nomand 9
Targets: 1 creature/level
Duration: Instantaneous, then 1 hour/level
Power Points: 15

You call up a silvery wind that wisks the targets of this power through the Astral Plane. All targets that fail their Will save are sent to a random plane. In addition, if they attempt to return to the plane you manifest this power on within 1 hour/level of being sent away, this wind repels them, preventing them from travelling to the plane.

Fredderf
2006-10-15, 03:10 PM
Wow, kudos to you. Many nice and usable powers, however, I must say, I don't like Infocopalysis. That penalty is HORRIBLY HIGH for a ninth level power. The odds of you going crazy are incredibly high as well. Was this intended, seeing as how if I am 17th lvl. when I cast this spell I will take 17d6 wisdom damage, and, being a seer psion, my best stat is Int. I haven't even cast any powers yet! If it was intended to make the weilder insane, what kind of insane are we talking? Like permanently effected by an insanity spell? Forgive me if I sound a bit harsh, but I like the concept of the spell a lot.

The rest seem fine to me.

The Demented One
2006-10-15, 03:14 PM
Wow, kudos to you. Many nice and usable powers, however, I must say, I don't like Infocopalysis. That penalty is HORRIBLY HIGH for a ninth level power. The odds of you going crazy are incredibly high as well. Was this intended, seeing as how if I am 17th lvl. when I cast this spell I will take 17d6 wisdom damage, and, being a seer psion, my best stat is Int. I haven't even cast any powers yet! If it was intended to make the weilder insane, what kind of insane are we talking? Like permanently effected by an insanity spell? Forgive me if I sound a bit harsh, but I like the concept of the spell a lot.

The rest seem fine to me.
Note that Infocalypse is dismissable, so you can turn it off before you go insane, as long as you don't unexpectedly roll high on the Wis drain. As for the insanity, it works just like the insanity power. The reasoning behind the amazingly high drawback is the amazing power--a +10 boost to Int that stacks with all others and the ability to manifest any power ever? That's pretty sweet, drawbacks and all.

Zeal
2006-10-15, 04:45 PM
Incredibly creative, all of them. I'm not much for Psionics, but this has caught my interest.

My only suggestion is an increase in the duration of Energy Bow, 1 round/level seems a little short for a third level power.

I_Got_This_Name
2006-10-15, 05:25 PM
I'd probably cut it down to 1 wis drain per round, plus the wis drain for manifesting powers under it.

Possibly make it Burn instead of Drain. Drain can only be healed through recovery magic; Burn cannot be.

The Demented One
2006-10-15, 06:53 PM
Incredibly creative, all of them. I'm not much for Psionics, but this has caught my interest.

My only suggestion is an increase in the duration of Energy Bow, 1 round/level seems a little short for a third level power.

I was actually thinking it was too long, truth be told. The fact that you could potentially be stunning or dazing someone every round is a bit powerful--a Psychic Warrior with a decent Dex could completely screw over someone with a low Fort save, especially if there's a Rogue in the party.

I'd probably cut it down to 1 wis drain per round, plus the wis drain for manifesting powers under it.

Possibly make it Burn instead of Drain. Drain can only be healed through recovery magic; Burn cannot be.
Seems reasonable. Perhaps I was overeacting a wee bit with the drawback.