PDA

View Full Version : Better all around

AdamSmasher
2009-01-19, 12:44 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=95539

I want to make this character better. The campaign has already started, so I can't edit wat's already there. I'm mostly looking for a direction to progress from here. This character is a supprt melee/scout type character who frequently hs to hold his own in combat and does fairly well. He's got a lot of fluff for emulating animals in combat, and he's got a mental addiction to self modification. (He's a homebrew race that's basically half warforged half human, and uses a lot of components)

So now I need to know where to take him. I was thinking of a level of warblade for scent, iron heart surge, and a few white raven maneuvers but after that I'm stumped. I could continue IoDM, but it doesn't offer much. I only took the first to for slashing fluff.

Anyone got any ides? Feats, items, and clas suggestions would all be appreciated.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-01-19, 12:52 PM
Well, since you've got the right alignment, you can always take a couple levels in Pyrokeneticist. It nets you Fire Lash (always handy) and Hands Afire (+2d6 fire damage on unarmed attacks). Third level nets you Bolt of Fire, but I'm not sure if you really need more ranged fire damage.

AdamSmasher
2009-01-19, 12:57 PM
I've seen pyrokineticist and it didn't seem tht great. The fire lash wouldn't be worth much since he's already got a dagger whip component, and I couldn't see the hands afire thing fitting in to his fluff all that well.

Plus, we've already got a warforged with that class. I wouldn't want to feel like I'm copying him.

Starbuck_II
2009-01-19, 01:28 PM
Shroud of the Night: 1/day, G. Invisibility (called Dancing Shadows but still same thing) for 5 rounds (costs 10K).
Also +2 deflection bonus.

Granted, your amulet already provides a deflection bonus, but Total concealment is always useful.

Lycanthromancer
2009-01-19, 02:08 PM
Start taking levels in totemist. It'd be perfect for your fluff, and totemists make awesome skillmonkeys and can make insane numbers of natural attacks (make sure to note that the soulmelds are your psyche's attempts to modify your body). Maybe add a few soulmelds via feats and maybe the psionic open chakra power, and you're golden.

AdamSmasher
2009-01-20, 07:57 PM
I might try that.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Eldariel
2009-01-21, 04:38 AM
Well, Warblade > Bloodclaw Master sounds pretty appropriate and would boost your Claw-damage while at it.