PDA

View Full Version : First stop-motion short...of course it's legos

Pandaren
2009-01-19, 07:43 PM
By yours truly, it's not very much, only about forty frames, but it's pretty awesome in my opinion, and I need some feedback.

Imperial Guard Fighting..some guy... (http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq74/Lokithetricky/Lego/?action=view&current=eace195e.pbw)

Is it obvious I love legos?

I know it's inconsistent in various ways, I actually did this around three or so years ago, messing around. I was very bored that day. The bit where he pulls out the chainsaw is horrid, I know, using up three frames for something that does not have that many was a waste, and it looks really slow.

I have a few more I need to dig up, but, this is it for now.

Questions? Comments? Criticism?

OverdrivePrime
2009-01-19, 07:49 PM
Is there a way to make photobucket slide shows move a little faster? What you've got actually isn't bad at all. You use depth of field to show motion and action pretty nicely.

Pandaren
2009-01-19, 07:56 PM
Thank you, but unfortunately, that's as fast as it goes, you can manually move forward a bit faster than it does normally, but constant clicking sounds might detract from what you're watching.

Did the whole slideshow seem consistent, first five times I had to change it a bit because it kept skipping back to the first picture.

Szilard
2009-01-19, 08:26 PM
This reminds me of a Legomation I made a while back, never got to finishing it though. Here it is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRUzIyRPK4Q)

Pandaren
2009-01-19, 09:06 PM
That is pretty awesome, although Darth Yoda? A few parts kind of wizzed by, but, that is going on my favorites.

Szilard
2009-01-19, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I was bored that weekend, and I thought Yoda looked pretty cool with Darth Vader's suit on.:smallredface:

CMOTDibbler
2009-01-19, 09:14 PM
Nice, both of you. And yay Legos! They're awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Pandaren
2009-01-19, 09:17 PM
It could be multiple yodas, stacked on top of each other. :smalltongue: They want in the big-people rides.

Ninja Chocobo
2009-01-20, 02:23 AM
There is no "s" in Lego! RAAAAAAAAAAGE!
The proper form is "Lego pieces". One does not say "breads", one says "slices (or loaves) of bread". Same deal here.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-20, 02:34 AM
The only bit of this that really bothers me is the ad that Photobucket decided to place next to the slideshow.
Its some weight-loss one that's also a slideshow, or, rather, the image changes and progresses to show how much weight this woman has lost.
Its so distracting >.<

Also, NC. Jeebus. Nitpick, much? :smalltongue:

Ninja Chocobo
2009-01-20, 03:20 AM
Also, NC. Jeebus. Nitpick, much? :smalltongue:

I loathe the 'word' more than I did you back in my 'loathing you' heyday. Which is (was?) a lot, as I'm sure you remember.

Icewalker
2009-01-20, 03:26 AM
Pretty cool stuff. Some very cinematic shots.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-20, 03:30 AM
I loathe the 'word' more than I did you back in my 'loathing you' heyday. Which is (was?) a lot, as I'm sure you remember.

Hey, it was only a few weeks ago. 'Course I remember.
Just saying, you seem to swoop in on these things often.

Right, anyways, Pandaren, s'not bad. You might want to invest in some software, though.

Pandaren
2009-01-20, 11:28 PM
Thank you all, and as for the title

I did that on purpose, it takes up less title space, and, if you say it a certain way, it sounds funner.

legoos....

Legooos....

Software? Alrighty, I'm gonna try movie maker for now as Szilard did, it works better than a slide show. I went on a picture spree yesterday and took almost 200 pics for my next short, which I hope is a little more smooth-running.

Sidenote: Breads. :smalltongue:

Ninja Chocobo
2009-01-21, 01:52 AM
I did that on purpose, it takes up less title space, and, if you say it a certain way, it sounds funner.

"First stop-motion short...of course it's Lego" is one character less then your current title, y'know.

Sidenote: Breads. :smalltongue:
How can you type that and not feel sickened by how wrong it is?!
Well, I mean, I suppose it could work if you are referring to different types of bread, as in wholemeal/sourdough/whatever else, but if you're talking slices/loaves it's hideous!