PDA

View Full Version : [Any] Fictional universe crossover campaigns. Any ideas?

Agrippa
2009-01-19, 10:22 PM
Wow. Why did no one ever TELL me there was a system that could quickly and easily be made to construct an adventure where Batman and Captain Planet fight an army of Daleks led by Darth Vader!?

This quote and many other things on this site, including the crossover five man band thread made me think of starting, if not running, a crossover campaign. I'm not talking about some alternate universe cop-out like Kingdom Hearts. No I mean fiction universe hopping madness, like FF VII's Sephiroth being drawn into the Warhammer 40k setting and Torchwood and the Doctor teaming up with the BPRD and Hellboy to fight the Ogdru Jahad and a Dalek attack on Earth.

Now if anyone seems interested in this idea please say so and give me some suggestions on which universes to use. I'd like to see a multi-universe crossover campaign or two on these forums some day. So my question is, what universes would you use, what rule set and how many parties would there be? Yes, I would like to see both heroic and villainous parties. Also original characters would be allowed within reason.

Does this sound interesting or am I just crazy?

elliott20
2009-01-19, 10:52 PM
Sephiroth in WH40K?

Sephiroth: "Sheesh, and I thought *I* had emotional issues"

An Enemy Spy
2009-01-19, 10:59 PM
Mario, Lord of the Rings and Halo. I have done it. It was funny.

Hat-Trick
2009-01-19, 11:00 PM
Very interesting.

Dnd Vs. Star Wars. The epic battle of fantasy and sci-fi.
Of course DC/Marvel are fun, too.
Maybe see what's better, Digimon or pokemon.

... Yeah, you said any universes, right? ... Just, it's kind of a large category.

Agrippa
2009-01-19, 11:15 PM
Sephiroth in WH40K?

Sephiroth: "Sheesh, and I thought *I* had emotional issues"

Either that or old Sephiroth would suffer a nervous breakdown as soon as he realizes how insignificant he really is in this universe. Besides, he's no more powerful than a chapter librarian. If he doesn't fit right in with Chaos or infiltrate the Officio Assassinorum. The last one's a bit of a stretch.

thegurullamen
2009-01-19, 11:18 PM
Buh-da-da-da!

Pantheistic Solipsism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheistic_solipsism)

Complete with examples! And a self-propelling propeller! And seats!

Agrippa
2009-01-19, 11:31 PM
Very interesting.

Dnd Vs. Star Wars. The epic battle of fantasy and sci-fi.
Of course DC/Marvel are fun, too.
Maybe see what's better, Digimon or pokemon.

... Yeah, you said any universes, right? ... Just, it's kind of a large category.

I guess. I was thinking more about what and how many universes we'd like in one campaign. With the possiblity of playing the villains as well. An example, "Sephiroth meet the Kurgan, Kurgan meet Sephiroth. Sephiroth and Kurgan meet Jonathan Teatime, Jonathan Teatime meet Sephiroth and the Kurgan. Sepiroth, Kurgan and Jonathan Teatime meet the Joker, Joker meet Sepiroth, the Kurgan and Jonathan Teatime. Now shake hands and no stabbing each other. Just sit down and have a little chat with each other and talk things over. You guy's will get along great."

Does anyone feel like vomiting yet?

JaxGaret
2009-01-20, 12:08 AM
Spelljammer 3e (http://www.spelljammer.org/sj3e/).

chiasaur11
2009-01-20, 12:33 AM
I guess. I was thinking more about what and how many universes we'd like in one campaign. With the possiblity of playing the villains as well. An example, "Sephiroth meet the Kurgan, Kurgan meet Sephiroth. Sephiroth and Kurgan meet Jonathan Teatime, Jonathan Teatime meet Sephiroth and the Kurgan. Sepiroth, Kurgan and Jonathan Teatime meet the Joker, Joker meet Sepiroth, the Kurgan and Jonathan Teatime. Now shake hands and no stabbing each other. Just sit down and have a little chat with each other and talk things over. You guy's will get along great."

Does anyone feel like vomiting yet?

I give it 30 seconds before the Kurgan and Sephiroth are dead on the floor.

Less if we're talking movie Joker, more if he does the pencil trick, just because it doesn't remove the noggin.

Frosty
2009-01-20, 12:39 AM
We need a rp game where Evangelion invaded Warhammer 40k, and it would MAKE SENSE!

Agrippa
2009-01-20, 12:48 AM
I give it 30 seconds before the Kurgan and Sephiroth are dead on the floor.

Less if we're talking movie Joker, more if he does the pencil trick, just because it doesn't remove the noggin.

The Walkin' Dude and Rasputin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori_Rasputin_(Hellboy)) wouldn't allow that. Am I getting just a wee bit too dark for you?

Mando Knight
2009-01-20, 01:40 AM
Pantheistic Solipsism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheistic_solipsism)

See, if alternate universes could be proven to exist, then it is my personal canon that this system would hold true... and that the multiverse itself would be an infinitely expanding fractal with our universe as only one end of uncountable centillions.

elliott20
2009-01-20, 02:20 AM
My problem with trying to cross universes is that people will always disagree on the relative powers of two individuals who come from different universes who have fundamentally different rules.

I mean really, say you throw Starwars character into the Naruto universe. Which one is better? the Force or Chakra? or are they really the same thing, and ninjas are just better at making their "force" tricks flashier and bigger? That's just two universe. Let's throw in say, Mario brothers for good measure. Bowser, awesome Chakra/Force user or just some dumb lizard who happens to breath flammable material?

Now, if you're just doing it for your own game, that's one thing because that all depends on your own interpretation. but trying to get people to agree on this kind of thing is just... insane.

Frosty
2009-01-20, 02:23 AM
My problem with trying to cross universes is that people will always disagree on the relative powers of two individuals who come from different universes who have fundamentally different rules.

I mean really, say you throw Starwars character into the Naruto universe. Which one is better? the Force or Chakra? or are they really the same thing, and ninjas are just better at making their "force" tricks flashier and bigger? That's just two universe. Let's throw in say, Mario brothers for good measure. Bowser, awesome Chakra/Force user or just some dumb lizard who happens to breath flammable material?

Now, if you're just doing it for your own game, that's one thing because that all depends on your own interpretation. but trying to get people to agree on this kind of thing is just... insane.

See: VS threads in Media Discussion such as The Jedi Knights v.s The WitchKing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102517)

newbDM
2009-01-20, 02:28 AM
I'm making/stating Candy Land for 3.5. It's in my sig.

Queen Frostine, Princess Lolly, and Lord Licorice are archomentals with domains. :smallbiggrin:

Dairun Cates
2009-01-20, 02:29 AM
Well, seeing as this is half the reason people would play RIFTS, it's not the craziest idea.

Amusingly enough, every campaign I've ever run has been retconned into one continuity by now. It all started with a Pokemon campaign that turned into a multi-dimensional time-travelling journey out of desperation. The players basically tried to keep a dark elder god from resurrecting while becoming masters of the Monster League. Truly a strange campaign.

Obviously though, I couldn't resist some jabs at earlier campaigns. Then, in the next campaign, the players dragged the character's from the Pet Monster campaign in. Seeing as this was a Disgaea-themed campaign, alternate netherworlds were also introduced.

In other words, a lot of weird crap happens including cannon characters being aware of the fact that they exist in an infinite dimensional nexus. I've even taken the initiative to have minor plot points in recent campaigns filled in minor plot holes in other campaigns.

I guess my point is "nothing is too wacky if your players will go along with it".

lisiecki
2009-01-20, 02:37 AM
[QUOTE=Agrippa;5670726
Does this sound interesting or am I just crazy?[/QUOTE]

go for it
Although i don't see what the difference between your idea and kingdom hearts is.
But Im all for insane, insane games.

Here come the sound-armored whales of Armageddon! But there's no time! We have to reverse the polarity of the Wold-Newton Engines before the sentient handshakes cross the grape-flavored breach in the barrier built of solid time!

Agrippa
2009-01-20, 02:50 AM

They're all psykers. It's that simple. All Jedi and Sith, all Naruto-verse ninja, spellcasters in general, invokers (such as warlocks and dragonfire adepts), benders including the Avatar and anyone who employs supernatural maneuvers would count as psykers. As such the Ordo Hereticus would have them burned at the stake for witchcraft if at all possible. Now if the Emperor had anything to say about this only the truly wicked among them would suffer. He would sanction the rest.

Agrippa
2009-01-20, 03:00 AM
go for it
Although i don't see what the difference between your idea and kingdom hearts is.

It wouldn't be alternate universe. If I'm going to have Sephiroth its going to be the same Jenova injected genetically altered psychopathic pretty boy freak from Final Fantasy VII. Personality wise I like to think of him as an unholy mixture of Light Yagami, Jonathan Teatime, Norman Bates, Davros and Gollum and his speach patterns vary from Light to Gollum at random. Squeeing fangirls be damned.

lisiecki
2009-01-20, 03:02 AM
It wouldn't be alternate universe. If I'm going to have Sephiroth its going to be the same Jenova injected genetically altered psychopathic pretty boy freak from Final Fantasy VII. Personality wise I like to think of him as an unholy mixture of Light Yagami, Jonathan Teatime, Norman Bates, Davros and Gollum and his speach patterns vary from Light to Gollum at random. Squeeing fangirls be damned.

Hmm never actually played FFVII, or any FF that isn't 6.
So basically what your saying is some type of setting where the two settings "bump in to one another" and don't have a shared past

elliott20
2009-01-20, 03:14 AM
learn from comic books, dude! alternate dimensions happen like, all the friggin' time!

Agrippa
2009-01-20, 03:15 AM
Hmm never actually played FFVII, or any FF that isn't 6.
So basically what your saying is some type of setting where the two settings "bump in to one another" and don't have a shared past

Basically, maybe a few connections. I mean, who really knows where Jenova came from. Perhaps it was spawned by the Ogdru Jahad or created in the recent past and lauched back in time by a certain depraved scientest (http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Davros) from his own DNA.

lisiecki
2009-01-20, 03:17 AM
Basically, maybe a few connections. I mean, who really knows where Jenova came from. Perhaps it was spawned by the Ogdru Jahad or created in the recent past and lauched back in time by a certain depraved scientest (http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Davros) from his own DNA.

Ya, I got the first sentence.
Honestly, I don't understand FF games

Nerd-o-rama
2009-01-20, 03:22 AM
I love crossovers. My current favorite video game series? Crossovers. My favorite discussion threads? Crossovers. The only tolerable fanfics I've read? Crossovers, and one or two Peggy Sues. And that one Code Geass one.

My favorite system for crossovers? Mutants and Masterminds 2e. Were this game to materialize, I'd gladly drop my current applications and play in it. And incidentally, Power Level caps take care of balancing for you.

Ya, I got the first sentence.
Honestly, I don't understand FF gamesThe third and forth sentences were referencing things FFVII would be crossed over with. I don't know the first one, but the latter is Doctor Who.

lisiecki
2009-01-20, 03:29 AM
The third and forth sentences were referencing things FFVII would be crossed over with. I don't know the first one, but the latter is Doctor Who.

Oh From the little ive heard of FFVII
I though that really was part of the story to the game

Although isnt the whole point of kingdom hearts that the FF "Universe" and the Disney universe share a history?

Is your saying "its not like kingdom hearts" just because you dont like kingdom hearts?

Nerd-o-rama
2009-01-20, 03:34 AM
Jenova is from FFVII. In-game, it was an ancient, evil alien responsible for wiping out the previous civilization of the setting. "Her" body was unearthed and studied by the evil Shinra megacorporation and used to genetically engineer super-soldiers, including the guano-insane Big Bad, Sephiroth. There's more, but that's the canon backstory.

Agrippa was suggesting tying in said backstory to other series, by giving a more specific origin to Jenova that just "the Calamity from the Sky" in legends.

And I think Agrippa's saying that Kingdom Hearts changed character personalities and histories - specifically, those of FF characters and especially FFVII characters - a lot more than he would.

Agrippa
2009-01-20, 03:37 AM
The first crossover idea was from Hellboy. I was also thinking using a few crossover five man bands from this site, like the Ravagers A.K.A. the Agents of Chaos. I might even give them both Hellboy's Rasputin and Andre Linoge for good measure.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-01-20, 03:38 AM
Hey, as long as the Tomokazu Seki Brigade makes it in...

Agrippa
2009-01-20, 03:47 AM
Hey, as long as the Tomokazu Seki Brigade makes it in...

Sure, why not.

Drascin
2009-01-20, 05:25 AM
I have seriously thought of doing a campaign with universe-hopping and reality clashes, myself, and made a bit of a sketch. Very Spelljammer or Kingdom Hearts-like, in that there would be ships that allow people to cross worlds, but also in some points realities would overlap by themelves and all, withh a lot of chaos, which is what the PCs would be supposed to solve.

But the people I play with in tabletop... would not get half the stuff I'd like to get into the crossover, so I never bothered to detail it further.

Also, I second what Nerdo said - M&M is made for stuff like this. If anyone is doing a campaign like this, please drop me a note!

bosssmiley
2009-01-20, 05:57 AM
WFRP meets Starcraft (and, no, I don't mean 40K).

You do not know gaming nirvana until you have participated in a Ratcatchers-vs-Protoss melee. :smallcool:

"En Taro Adun!"
"Why they talkin' funny like that?"
"Dunno. I think they might be Estalian..."

Agrippa
2009-01-20, 03:44 PM
I have seriously thought of doing a campaign with universe-hopping and reality clashes, myself, and made a bit of a sketch. Very Spelljammer or Kingdom Hearts-like, in that there would be ships that allow people to cross worlds, but also in some points realities would overlap by themelves and all, withh a lot of chaos, which is what the PCs would be supposed to solve.

But the people I play with in tabletop... would not get half the stuff I'd like to get into the crossover, so I never bothered to detail it further.

Also, I second what Nerdo said - M&M is made for stuff like this. If anyone is doing a campaign like this, please drop me a note!

Not all of the PCs would be interested in solving the cosmic chaos. Some might want to exploit or increase it. Also I'd like to link to a few parties I made in the Crossover Five Men Band thread. Masters of the Sword and Granny's Gang (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5343004&postcount=89), The Conquerers and Magnificent Hahn's Glorious Band of Heroes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4738436&postcount=88), The Saviors, Ravagers/Agents of Chaos and Hallowed Darkness (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5352776&postcount=110), The Hard Ones (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4456626&postcount=76) and The Purifiers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4434260&postcount=70).

Thane of Fife
2009-01-20, 04:14 PM
I have long considered that a Hogan's Heroes/Captain America crossover could be the best thing since sliced bread.

Agrippa
2009-01-20, 09:05 PM
Jenova is from FFVII. In-game, it was an ancient, evil alien responsible for wiping out the previous civilization of the setting. "Her" body was unearthed and studied by the evil Shinra megacorporation and used to genetically engineer super-soldiers, including the guano-insane Big Bad, Sephiroth. There's more, but that's the canon backstory.

Agrippa was suggesting tying in said backstory to other series, by giving a more specific origin to Jenova that just "the Calamity from the Sky" in legends.

And I think Agrippa's saying that Kingdom Hearts changed character personalities and histories - specifically, those of FF characters and especially FFVII characters - a lot more than he would.

Exactly. I also think that the idea of Donald Duck as a wizard of any sort is laughable. More likely he's a berserker. Besides, if you're trying cross Final Fantasy with anything don't change Final Fanasty's background to fit the other universe. You tell the other universe to get ready and gird it's loins, or vice versa. Sort of like when you cross WH40K with another universe. By the way, where the hell is Tengu_temp. He likes wierd things too.

Agrippa
2009-01-20, 09:12 PM
First things first, what fictional universes are we using anyway? Should I make a seperate voting thread for this?

Drascin
2009-01-21, 05:42 AM
First things first, what fictional universes are we using anyway? Should I make a seperate voting thread for this?

We... since I was going to have people traveling between universes, my own idea was more to throw everything and the kitchen sink, in true massively crossover fashion, and then simply giving the PCs new "known destinations" and such as the campaign called for it.

But, of course, we can give ideas if you want :smallsmile:

Agrippa
2009-01-21, 06:49 PM
We... since I was going to have people traveling between universes, my own idea was more to throw everything and the kitchen sink, in true massively crossover fashion, and then simply giving the PCs new "known destinations" and such as the campaign called for it.

But, of course, we can give ideas if you want :smallsmile:

Go ahead Dracsin. I already have a few ideas of my own. One, the PCs will include both heroes and villains from what ever fictional universes we decide on. Second, the base settings (i.e. the ones I'm thinking of starting out with, though we might not use them all) are the Buffyverse, Firefly, Avatar, Final Fantasy VII, Discworld, Warhammer 40,000, Hellboy, Girl Genius, Order of the Stick, Doctor Who, Nolanverse Batman, Highlander (especially if you replace Roland in the Masters of the Sword with Connor MacLeod), Death Note, Dark Tower and other Stephen King works, Bleach, maybe Teen Titans, Venture Brothers, Good Omens, the Thrawn trilogy of Star Wars novels, the Dresden Files and Blackadder Goes Fourth. What else would you add to this mix Dracsin? Disgaea perhaps.

Inyssius Tor
2009-01-21, 07:15 PM
What else would you add to this mix Dracsin? Disgaea perhaps.

The (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?p=8021105#post8021105) Mushroom (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?p=8021702#post8021702) King (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?p=8031781#post8031781)dom (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=362498).

Agrippa
2009-01-22, 03:04 PM
The (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?p=8021105#post8021105) Mushroom (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?p=8021702#post8021702) King (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?p=8031781#post8031781)dom (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=362498).

Wow, that's surprizingly epic. I don't know what else to say.

Darth Stabber
2009-01-22, 05:29 PM
Tried this with SWSE, no walk in the park ruleswise, atleast not for 2 d20 games, would have been better off with the previous starwars game. Gurps, Rifts, Quags, or Mutants and Masterminds would all probably be good host systems for these type of crossovers. oh, oh, oh Send Buffy and Co. to Ravenloft. Did a crossover with Reality and Ravenloft once. Lots of fun.

Agrippa
2009-01-22, 07:17 PM
Tried this with SWSE, no walk in the park ruleswise, atleast not for 2 d20 games, would have been better off with the previous starwars game. Gurps, Rifts, Quags, or Mutants and Masterminds would all probably be good host systems for these type of crossovers. oh, oh, oh Send Buffy and Co. to Ravenloft. Did a crossover with Reality and Ravenloft once. Lots of fun.

Well I'm thinking of seperating the various characters from their own canonical groups at first with some exceptions. Namely all Sparks and their minions, Davros and his Daleks, Xykon and Team Evil, Adam Young and the Them and the crew of Serenity. They'll be able to meet up again varying amounts of time of course. Then we'll figure out what system to use.

P.S. I don't have a copy of Mutants and Masterminds though it does sound interesting to say the least.

Agrippa
2009-01-24, 01:43 AM
Okay then, I've checked out Mutants and Masterminds and from what I've read so far it seems pretty good. The damage system can get a bit wonky (from killed or maimed right away to damn near impossible to injure) and weapons and other equipment being purchased with power point raises question about how to replace lost or destroyed items. Would you require a PC to pay the same amount of power points to obtain a replacement weapon if the first one is lost or destroyed? How about letting the PC take time to obtain a replacement weapon of the same type and quality but free of power point cost. All other costs if any would still apply.

KnightDisciple
2009-01-24, 03:05 AM
We need a rp game where Evangelion invaded Warhammer 40k, and it would MAKE SENSE!

Something like this? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/ShinjiAndWarhammer40K?from=Main.ShinjiAndWarhammer 40k) Or the reverse of it?

Also, this thread is awesome. And if someone starts up this game, please, please let me know, because I will so be there. :smallcool:

KnightDisciple
2009-01-24, 03:07 AM
Okay then, I've checked out Mutants and Masterminds and from what I've read so far it seems pretty good. The damage system can get a bit wonky (from killed or maimed right away to damn near impossible to injure) and weapons and other equipment being purchased with power point raises question about how to replace lost or destroyed items. Would you require a PC to pay the same amount of power points to obtain a replacement weapon if the first one is lost or destroyed? How about letting the PC take time to obtain a replacement weapon of the same type and quality but free of power point cost. All other costs if any would still apply.

Hm. If it's a device or equipment, not sure. If it's a power, just explained as a "gadget", no cost to replace.
Honestly, I'd lean to free cost power point wise, but at least some time in-story for it. Otherwise, you might end up with some wonky gaps in power point usage. I mean, taken too far, you might force Hellboy to pay power points every time he reloads his gun.

Kiero
2009-01-24, 06:20 AM
Does this sound interesting or am I just crazy?

Maybe it's just me, but I've never seen a crossover that was good. They always smash clashing genre conventions, tropes and expectations together, and are usually lame.

BobVosh
2009-01-24, 07:22 AM
Hm. If it's a device or equipment, not sure. If it's a power, just explained as a "gadget", no cost to replace.
Honestly, I'd lean to free cost power point wise, but at least some time in-story for it. Otherwise, you might end up with some wonky gaps in power point usage. I mean, taken too far, you might force Hellboy to pay power points every time he reloads his gun.

Exactly. It is a comic book system, and all comic book characters with gadgets lose and find them again all the time.

Observe the batmobile. Goodness only knows how many times it was crushed, incinerated, shot with rockets, or otherwise destroyed. Next adventure, good as new with no loss of sleep for Bruce.

Same with Wonder Women's lasso, green lantern's ring, or any number of other character's stuff.

Gadgets cost very similiar to powers (but a bit cheaper) because they are just as strong. Only they can be stolen, for a while, so that is why they are cheaper. Or malfunction, etc.

Anyway, M&M 2E is made for this. As everyone has said.

Ness should be in there
Luffy D Monkey
Chamber, because he rocks.
Mudkips.
Candlejack
Tif-

InaVegt
2009-01-24, 07:29 AM
GURPS has a setting for this (Infinite Worlds), in fact, if GURPS has a default setting, it is this, by virtue of it being included in the basic set.

Agrippa
2009-01-24, 01:12 PM
Exactly. It is a comic book system, and all comic book characters with gadgets lose and find them again all the time.

Observe the batmobile. Goodness only knows how many times it was crushed, incinerated, shot with rockets, or otherwise destroyed. Next adventure, good as new with no loss of sleep for Bruce.

Same with Wonder Women's lasso, green lantern's ring, or any number of other character's stuff.

Gadgets cost very similiar to powers (but a bit cheaper) because they are just as strong. Only they can be stolen, for a while, so that is why they are cheaper. Or malfunction, etc.

Anyway, M&M 2E is made for this. As everyone has said.

Ness should be in there
Luffy D Monkey
Chamber, because he rocks.
Mudkips.
Candlejack
Tif-

I agree with everything you say but I don't know who Ness, Chamber and Canlestack are and I don't want Mudkips at all. Also what is Tif- supposed to be? Also any characters but a select few should be introduced latter in the game.

InaVegt
2009-01-24, 01:20 PM
I agree with everything you say but I don't know who Ness, Chamber and Canlestack are and I don't want Mudkips at all. Also what is Tif- supposed to be? Also any characters but a select few should be introduced latter in the game.

It's probably Tiffany or something.

The problem is with the name Candlejack, saying it brings

Agrippa
2009-01-25, 02:05 AM
Well, if were going to be using Mutants and Masterminds I'd at least like to know what optional rules we're using if any. Though for some strange reason I keep thinking about Sephiroth and Jubal Early having a nice little chat or even a business deal of some sort. Now its probably a bad sign if I'm thinking that, right?

JonestheSpy
2009-01-25, 03:41 AM
Have you read Michael Moorcock's work? If not, do so asap. I especially recommend Michael Moorcock's Multiverse, a graphic novel that came out a few years ago that was all about universe-hopping and the metaphysics thereof.

Agrippa
2009-01-27, 02:15 AM
Have you read Michael Moorcock's work? If not, do so asap. I especially recommend Michael Moorcock's Multiverse, a graphic novel that came out a few years ago that was all about universe-hopping and the metaphysics thereof.

I can't promise anything but I'll see if I can find them.

Agrippa
2009-01-27, 02:36 AM
I also need help with thinking up what kind of reasons these teams would need for coming together and how that would happen. Maybe some of the heroes, and villains too, were investigating holes/portals in time and space that allowed them to enter other universes or galaxies. Any thought on that idea?

Heliomance
2009-01-27, 02:49 AM
Link it all together with Feist's Hall of Worlds.

Sephiroth turns up at Honest John's. Hilarity ensues.

Agrippa
2009-01-27, 03:05 AM
What do you mean hilarity ensues?

Agrippa
2009-01-28, 04:11 PM
Assuming that we are using Mutants and Masterminds what should be the starting power levels for the PCs? Like for Flagg or Baron Wulfenbach for instance. I don't think that they'd all start at the same power level and some characters shouldn't be introduced for a long time simply because they'd be to powerful to use at the time (except in some cases as plot devices). Also, shouldn't we work up a basic backstory on how all these teams meet?