PDA

View Full Version : Why is Dallas-Dakota impersonating Sneak?

Flame of Anor
2009-01-20, 01:09 AM
Did I miss something?

Rutskarn
2009-01-20, 01:11 AM
Yes. Yes, you did.

And we're all too busy mocking your ignorance to tell you why.

Plus, this way, we get to keep you out of our little club.

It's all part of the plan. Hee hee!

(Okay, seriously, I guess it's just a joke.)

Jack Squat
2009-01-20, 01:14 AM
I'm about to let you in on another secret:

Look at Sneak's avatar. :smalltongue:

Flame of Anor
2009-01-20, 01:20 AM
I'm about to let you in on another secret:

Look at Sneak's avatar. :smalltongue:

Huh. That's still strange, but it makes a bit more sense that they've traded.

Sneak
2009-01-20, 01:27 AM
I apologize for any confusion we may have caused. As you can see, we've both decided to switch back already.

Have a nice day.

Rutskarn
2009-01-20, 01:28 AM
I apologize for any confusion we may have caused. As you can see, we've both decided to switch back already.

Have a nice day.

Okay, Dallydack. Nice to know that--

Waitaminute.

...somebody get a pyro in here.

Coidzor
2009-01-20, 01:33 AM
Did someone say we needed some Foir-flower in here?

Or possibly dakka? We can never have enuff you know...

Err... *Mrmrmmarph...*

Rutskarn
2009-01-20, 01:35 AM
It's okay, everyone! I speak Pyrish!

Hrmmff mrrghff hrrmurf. HRUUURMF! Hgrhm Sneak hrrghmph HADOKEN.

Coidzor
2009-01-20, 01:44 AM
Mrprhmmm... Mrphprrph. *nods cordially and sets Rutskarn ablaze* *watches for a little while* *nods again and sweeps down the thread with flames*

Mmm... Mrph. *whistles happily in a muffled sort of way*

Illiterate Scribe
2009-01-20, 02:43 AM
He never really was on your side ...

Raiser Blade
2009-01-20, 04:29 AM
I have a better question.

Why is Flame of Anor posting a thread when he could have just asked the peeps in Random Banter and got the same response?

Moff Chumley
2009-01-20, 07:47 PM
Because Random Banter is almost as intimidating as AMEN to jump into?

Coidzor
2009-01-20, 08:25 PM
I certainly didn't think so. :smallconfused:

AMEN scares me. But not as much as the GLoG. I lurked there and they were all. OMG HOMICIDAL.

The Acro-Town is scary. RB is just that, Rhythm and Blues.

Recaiden
2009-01-20, 08:32 PM

It is:eek:? They just thought it would be fun. We had like 6 people right?

And, Moff, I'd like to tell you that your post led me to an important insight about the world. Thank you.

Flame of Anor
2009-01-20, 11:41 PM

A bit, yeah. :smallwink:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-01-20, 11:57 PM
Why is Dallas-Dakota impersonating Sneak?

Because

Everybody, everybody, everybody wants to be a cat.

Rutskarn
2009-01-21, 12:14 AM
Eh, I think most people are overly anxious about RB and the ACRONYMS. I've seen a lot of people be nervous about popping in, but it's not like they bite you if you do something wrong.

I mean, they'll probably bite you anyway, but that's just their way of saying "hello." And "goodbye". And "I'm about to bite you, kthnxbai."

Elrond
2009-01-21, 12:26 AM
Im so confused:smallfrown: explain??

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-21, 12:37 AM
Look, Dallas and I already switched back, sorry for any confusing, as Dallas already said.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-01-21, 12:40 AM
You know, the not-so-stealthy switchback claims really aren't helping unconfuse people. =P

Rutskarn
2009-01-21, 12:42 AM
Cobra, Cobra, Cobra.

You seem to have missed the point entirely.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-21, 12:43 AM
You know, the not-so-stealthy switchback claims really aren't helping unconfuse people. =P
Drat.

*distracts Cobra with hugs*

Mauve Shirt
2009-01-21, 12:45 AM
RB is rather intimidating if you're not a regular.

Coidzor
2009-01-21, 12:50 AM
Huh. Maybe it's because I'm used to such threads from other forums I've been in, but I think I just sorta wandered in scratching my beer gut and asked what you all were watching on the telly...

dish
2009-01-21, 12:54 AM
It really is a problem if everything we do ends up seeming clique-ish to someone, but Flame of Anor's been in RB before, hasn't he?
(We didn't eat you.)

Rutskarn
2009-01-21, 12:55 AM
I gotta side with Coidzor. I wandered in, dazed and confused, Chocolate Hammer ad stapled to my forehead and missing my pants. They welcomed me as one of their own.

Coidzor
2009-01-21, 12:58 AM
Err... Yeah, sorry about that.... :smallsigh: I gotta come clean with you Rutskarn... Your pants... They... Shrank in the wash. :smallfrown:

Rutskarn
2009-01-21, 01:00 AM
Oh.

(beat)

Eh, they were cramping my style anyway.

Coidzor
2009-01-21, 01:20 AM
Phew! Well that's a load off of my mind.

*surreptitiously stuffs the trash can with a pair of pants which have been expanded in size using copious amounts of patchwork*

How about I go buy you a pint and we forget about all of this, then, eh? :smallcool:

skywalker
2009-01-21, 01:27 AM
Man, this thread asked a really good question. Still hasn't gotten a good answer.

Anyway, Random Banter is rather intimidating. It's hard to know what's considered funny, and what's not.

Any thread with rules in the 1st post, gets a little scary. Especially one dedicated to random silliness.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-21, 08:26 AM
Man, this thread asked a really good question. Still hasn't gotten a good answer.

Random silly-ness.

That's all.

Jack Squat
2009-01-21, 09:42 AM
Any thread with rules in the 1st post, gets a little scary. Especially one dedicated to random silliness.

In the case of RB, the rules are really just to keep it from growing too fast. It basically boils down to no spamming and don't bring in a topic that's currently being discussed.

I can understand why it may be somewhat intimidating, with how fast the pages to sometimes, but if there's one thing you don't need to do in RB it's read through previous pages to find out what's being talked about.

dish
2009-01-21, 10:06 AM
Anyway, Random Banter is rather intimidating. It's hard to know what's considered funny, and what's not.

None of the rules state that you have to be funny. (Thank goodness, cos if they did most of us wouldn't be allowed to post.) I mean, half the time people are just moaning about the weather in there.

Jack Squat
2009-01-21, 10:17 AM
None of the rules state that you have to be funny. (Thank goodness, cos if they did most of us wouldn't be allowed to post.) I mean, half the time people are just moaning about the weather in there.

Thanks for reminding me...I gotta complain about how cold it is today. :smalltongue:

Raiser Blade
2009-01-21, 02:34 PM
Why would anyone find a thread where you can post any passing thought that comes into your head intimidating? I mean yeah there are rules but this forum has rules and people still manage to post just fine (for the most part).

Fredthefighter
2009-01-21, 02:42 PM
Why would anyone find a thread where you can post any passing thought that comes into your head intimidating? I mean yeah there are rules but this forum has rules and people still manage to post just fine (for the most part).

Correct, I consider myself an avid poster in the RB forum.

Saint Nil
2009-01-21, 02:43 PM
They have reasons for the things they do?:smallconfused:

Jack Squat
2009-01-21, 02:45 PM
Correct, I consider myself an avid poster in the RB forum.

and he's just a newb....you've only been in on them for what, this last thread? :smallwink:

*pulls pants up to armpits, grabs a cane*

GEROFF MA LAWN!

@^I don't think Sneak's ever had a reason behind anything he's done here...doesn't stop people from asking.

Alleine
2009-01-21, 02:48 PM
What are you all talking about?
No one is impersonating anyone here.
does this make me a bad person?
You're all crazy.

Fredthefighter
2009-01-21, 02:49 PM
and he's just a newb....you've only been in on them for what, this last thread? :smallwink:

*pulls pants up to armpits, grabs a cane*

GEROFF MA LAWN!

@^I don't think Sneak's ever had a reason behind anything he's done here...doesn't stop people from asking.

I've been in the RB thread for at least three threads now (Back when Coplantor hosted it)

Jack Squat
2009-01-21, 02:56 PM
I've been in the RB thread for at least three threads now (Back when Coplantor hosted it)

I know...just poking fun since I've been (somewhat) active since the beginning...almost 3 years ago.

For historical purposes, Amotis' Random Banter #1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13484). Created March 13, 2006. Remember that this was before the board switch, so if you're crazy/bored enough to poke through, you'll find some funky formatting.

Fredthefighter
2009-01-21, 02:57 PM
I know...just poking fun since I've been (somewhat) active since the beginning...almost 3 years ago.

For historical purposes, Amotis' Random Banter #1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13484). Created March 13, 2006. Remember that this was before the board switch, so if you're crazy/bored enough to poke through, you'll find some funky formatting.

That is a long time, almost three years is a really long time. I think I joined the RB thread December 2008. I used to spend most of my time in the SMBG area, then when I jumped to the RB thread I realised that there are so many more people on the forums than I realised.

Roland St. Jude
2009-01-21, 03:04 PM
For more about RB, its history, or its operation, please see the Random Banter thread.