PDA

View Full Version : She has laid her burden down. God has called her to rest.

TheMeanDM
2009-01-20, 10:22 AM
As some of you may recall, back in April '08, my mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer (lung/liver/etc). In September we learned that it had spread to her brain, and were told to "hope for Christmas". Well, we got Christmas...and then some!

May God, who or whatever you hold Him to be, bless and keep you. Thanks for your prayers and positive thoughts.

http://www.legacy.com/GlobeGazette/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=122972648

http://mi-cache.legacy.com/legacy/images/Cobrands/GlobeGazette/Photos/Miltenberger_01202009_1.jpg

BELMOND - Patricia "Patty" Rose Miltenberger, 55, passed into God's eternal kingdom, Saturday (Jan. 17, 2009.)

Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 23 at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Cedar Falls.

Visitation will take place for one hour prior to the service. A luncheon will be served following the conclusion of Mass.

On Thursday, Jan. 22, a Rosary prayer will be recited at 5 p.m. at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Cedar Falls, with visitation to follow from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. A wake service will be held from 7:30 to 8 p.m. and conclude with a time of sharing.

Visitation in Belmond will be at Andrews Funeral home from 6 to 8 p.m on Wednesday, Jan. 21. There will be a prayer service at 8 p.m., Wednesday at the funeral home in Belmond.

Memorial contributions may be directed to Hospice for Wright County 800-944-1713, Habitat for Humanity 319-235-9946, or to EXCEL Commons in Okolona, Miss., 662-447-2030.

Born July 12, 1953, in Waterloo to Michael and Audrey (Jochum) Miltenberger, Patty was one of 10 children.

She graduated from Waterloo West in 1971. Three years later, her dear son Jason was born. Soon, Patty had followed in her father's footsteps, finding employment with John Deere. She was a faithful employee for 31 years and retired in July of 2008.

In 1985, Patty moved to Greene, where she lived for seven years. She eventually returned to the Waterloo- Cedar Falls area where she resided until her retirement. Upon her retirement, she moved to Belmond, to be closer to her son, his wife Michele, and her grandchildren.

Patty was an amazing woman who touched the lives of hundreds of people. Whether it was her work with Habitat for Humanity, or mission trips to EXCEL Commons in Okolona, Miss., Patty was always willing to give of herself and her time. Volunteering and serving others was near and dear to her heart.

In her spare time, Patty was a dedicated golfer, enjoyed designing websites and was an avid bird watcher and nature observer. Time spent with her daughter-in-law, Michele, was also precious to Patty.

Her favorite pastime, though, was spending time with the lights of her life, her grandchildren. Patty took great delight in them, relishing every moment spent with them, from Christmas and birthday parties to pumpkin carving and reading bedtime stories. She enjoyed spoiling them with chocolate bars and M&Ms. Her most cherished memory was taking her family to Disney World in October.

She is survived by her son, Jason, and his wife Michele, with whom she developed a wonderful relationship with. She is also survived by her grandchildren, Connor, age five, Amanda, age five, and Colin, age two; and numerous nieces and nephews.

She is also survived by four brothers, Joe (Jan) Miltenberger, Paul Miltenberger, Tim (Dianne) Miltenberger and John (Krystyna) Miltenberger. She is also survived by three sisters, Helen (Stanley) Thoms, Cecilia (Larry) Richards and Mickey (Robert) Burkholder.

Patty was preceded in death by her parents, Michael and Audrey; one sister, Mary Trumbauer, one brother in infancy Michael Jr. and a niece in infancy, Becky Jo.

Andrews Funeral Home, Belmond, 641-444-4474.

Krrth
2009-01-20, 10:27 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, and I'll keep her (and you) in my thoughts and prayers.

SilentNight
2009-01-20, 10:27 AM
At least there was Christmas. My condolences to you and your family and may your mother rest in peace.

Jack Squat
2009-01-20, 10:30 AM
I'm sorry about your loss (I know you're probably sick of hearing that by now). My grandfather died of cancer on Christmas Eve...we still don't know what caused it.

The good part in this is at least with diagnosed cancer, you know it's coming, so you have a little more time to come to terms and prepare for it than someone who goes by a heart attack or mishap.

Miraqariftsky
2009-01-20, 10:30 AM
Thunder at twilight
A bed of ash and dust
Mourn with tears
But rejoice the memories
Your good mother's voice,
Silent, shall not fall
Her smile shall shine on
Through your heart and hands
Her wisdom shall live on
Fret not for her kind old soul
In Paradise, with angels
Her wine, she sips

Texas Jedi
2009-01-20, 10:42 AM
That truly sucks. I lost my mom to cancer in March of '07.

I wish you all sympathies and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

OverdrivePrime
2009-01-20, 10:53 AM
I'm terribly sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. I've lost some very dear people to cancer and had my own dealings with it a couple years ago. It is a brutally punishing disease that no one should have to endure. I hope the light of your mother's life continues to shine through her memory - it sounds like she was someone who touched the lives of so many.

Peace be with you and yours in this terrible time.

Mauve Shirt
2009-01-20, 10:58 AM
My condolences for you loss. :smallfrown: I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Dirk Kris
2009-01-20, 11:04 AM
*hugs*
Sorry, bro.

banjo1985
2009-01-20, 11:10 AM
My condolences, far too many good people get taken by the big 'C'.

I'm glad you at least got Christmas together.

Flame of Anor
2009-01-20, 12:53 PM
So sorry. :smallfrown:

Headless_Ninja
2009-01-20, 01:00 PM
Sorry for your loss.

dish
2009-01-20, 01:48 PM
She was taken from you so young.
I'm really sorry to hear this news, as with the others, all I can offer are my thoughts and prayers.

bluewind95
2009-01-20, 02:26 PM
My condolences... I will keep both you and her in my thoughts and prayers...

Fredthefighter
2009-01-20, 03:48 PM
I too am sorry for your loss. Any life lost is a tragic thing.
Both you and your mother shall be in my prayers.
God bless you and god rest her soul.

Crispy Dave
2009-01-20, 03:51 PM
my grandmother just recently past away from cancer as well and I know how hard it is. Im sorry for your loss.

Fredthefighter
2009-01-20, 03:57 PM
My Grandfather also recently passed away, his funeral is next monday.
(He's my dad's stepdad but he counts as his dad because he's the one who raised him)

Moff Chumley
2009-01-20, 07:32 PM
I'm so sorry. My grandpa is probably going soon. :smallfrown:

EmeraldRose
2009-01-20, 07:41 PM
I am so terribly sorry for you and your family! My thoughts are with you all.

wadledo
2009-01-20, 07:48 PM
My condolences, while valueless, are completely genuine, and I'm sorry for both your loss and the pain you had to go through proceeding it.:smallfrown:

Thes Hunter
2009-01-20, 08:21 PM
You have my condolences on your loss. You will be in my thoughts.

Uncle Festy
2009-01-20, 08:45 PM
:smallfrown:
That is all.

phoenixineohp
2009-01-20, 08:57 PM
I am so glad that you got that time with her. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Trog
2009-01-20, 09:10 PM
My deepest condolences.

TheMeanDM
2009-01-20, 09:38 PM
I'm so sorry. My grandpa is probably going soon. :smallfrown:

Try to enjoy what time you have left with him, say what you need/want to say to him, and have no regrets when he is called to leave this mortal coil.

Thanks again, everyone, for your thoughts, prayers, and support. My family appreciates it greatly, and my wife is amazed at how "strangers" from the internet can support one another like this.

Condolences are never meaningless when they're sincere, so don't sell yourself short. :smallsmile:

Vella_Malachite
2009-01-21, 06:52 PM
*hugs*

You have my sympathy and my support. We lost a kid from the hockey club to cancer just before Christmas. Banjo is right. Far too many people get taken by "the big "C"".

:smallfrown::smallsmile:

Felixaar
2009-01-22, 10:48 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, mate. *hugs*

If it helps, I've always thought that death is like going travelling... everyone else weeps about how they're going to miss you and blah blah blah and they're all sad, but you don't care - because you're the one going! New horizons await you, and while you hold a special place for the loved ones left behind, you know that someday they'll take up that transient jacket and join you on the road beyond.

Well, what I'm saying is, I'm sure your mother is happy.

The sun will rise, the stars will shine
Turning day to dusk and night to dawn

TwoBitWriter
2009-01-22, 10:52 AM
I extend my condolences, and offer you a warm embrace. *hugs*

Keep those you love close, they will see you through this most difficult time.