PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars SE (Rate my Jedi)

Kazuel
2009-01-20, 11:19 AM
Ok, so we haven't played our first game yet but this is my 10 level plan for a Jedi being played in "The New Jedi Order" era. I have access so far to the core rule book and the KOTOR campaign guide. I'm thinking I will eventually go into Master Jedi, but all opinions and options are greatly appriciated.

Saryn Averre
Human Jedi 7/Jedi Knight 3
Stats (30pt buy)
STR 10
DEX 16 +2 (lv4 & lv8 boost)
CON 10
INT 12
WIS 14
CHA 14 + 2 (lv4 & lv8 boost)

TRAINED SKILLS
-Acrobatics
-Knowlege Galactic Lore
-Perception
-Use The Force

FEATS
-Force Sensitivity
-Wep Prof - Lightsaber
-Wep Prof - Simple
-Force Training
-Wep Finesse - Lightsaber
-Wep Focus - Lightsaber (lv2 BF)
-Skill Focus - Use The Force (Lv3 Ft)
-Rapid Strike (lv4 BF)
-Powerful Charge (lv6 BF)
-Force Training (lv6 Ft)
-Double Attack (lv9 Ft)

TALENTS
-Block
-Wep Spec - Lightsaber (lv3 talent)
-Riposte (lv5 talent)
-Deflect (lv7 talent)
-Ataru (lv8 talent)
-Juyo (lv10 talent)

FORCE POWERS
-Battle Strike
-Move Object
-Force Slam
-Kinetic Combat (lv 6 Force Training)
-Resist Force (lv 6 Force Training)
-Force Thrust (lv 6 Force Training)

FORCE TECHNIQUES
-Force Point Recovery (lv9 FT)

Mando Knight
2009-01-20, 11:42 AM
Weapon Finesse is for all finesse-capable weapons. You don't need to specify what weapons it's for.
Why do you want Improved Kinetic Combat? IMO, it's one of the weaker force powers, and Force Point Recovery and Improved Move Light Object are pretty useful... as is Improved Battlestrike...

Kazuel
2009-01-20, 11:50 AM
I wanted Improved Kinetic Combat because the idea of using the Force to wield a bunch of floating lightsabers seemed really cool to me.

Darth Stabber
2009-01-20, 12:05 PM
Your short your lvl 10 talent, which i recomend you fill with Juyo, Spend 1 force point and choose an enemy in the encounter, against that foe you get to reroll missed attack rolls. Acrobatic Strike < Rapid strike post erratta and maybe even before. Infact rapid strike for the win. And i agree with the previous poster kinetic combat is rather weak and Force point recovery is made of win because it makes forcepoints a quasi renewable resource, it means you have minimum x force points per encounter where x is the number of times you have taken FPR, which means juyo is always available. If you have strong flavor reasons to do what you are doing keep it, if optimization be something you wish, Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish.

So if I were you
Trade acrobatic strike for Rapid strike
Add juyo
Trade Improved Kinetic combat for Force point recovery
Trade Kinetic Combat (not that good unless you are a crazy Kreia fanboy/fangirl) for Surge
consider Dipping a few levels of melee duelist
consider putting a stat point into int @lvl 12 and getting melee defense

Kazuel
2009-01-20, 12:25 PM
Ok, I made a few changes (edited into original post).

1. Traded Acrobatic Strike for Rapid Strike
2. Traded Improved Kinetic Combat for Force point recovery
3. Added Juyo as my lv10 talent (I originaly had it as Slashing Charge but forgot it in the post. will probaly take that at lvl 12)
4. Considering getting rid of Kinetic Combat, but I think I like the idea of it too much right now.

KillianHawkeye
2009-01-20, 10:48 PM
Force point recovery is made of win because it makes forcepoints a quasi renewable resource, it means you have minimum x force points per encounter where x is the number of times you have taken FPR, which means juyo is always available.

Force Point Recovery can only be taken once per the latest errata.

Talya
2009-01-21, 12:22 AM
DarthStabber: He can't dip melee duellist with those stats. Melee Defense (A god-feat in this game, and prerequisite of the duellist prc) requires Int13.