PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Console - What to get?

Athaniar
2009-01-20, 02:09 PM
So I was wondering, what's worth getting from the large amount of games available with the Wii's Virtual Console? I already have (downloaded) Lylat Wars and Paper Mario. Super Mario RPG seems like it's considered a good game.

Oregano
2009-01-20, 02:42 PM
I'd recommened Super Mario RPG, I haven't played it sadly:smallfrown: but I have it on good authority that it's a great game, I think it was in high demand before it was added as well.

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-20, 02:46 PM
It is quite good (I've been too distracted by university and re-playing killer7 to complete it, though). I think the game is quite short judging by how long it took Masato to complete it a few months back.

Zeful
2009-01-20, 02:56 PM
Super Mario RPG is a different take on the "Princess is Kidnapped by Bowser, save her", because that's how the game starts. It's got a good replay value because of the manner in which you level up. It's humorous and original, but some of the puzzles can be pretty frustrating at times if you don't know what to do. I own the original for the SNES and still enjoy it.

Dublock
2009-01-20, 03:20 PM
I LOVE Mario RPG I highly recommend that you get it, well worth the few bucks for it.

Moonshadow
2009-01-20, 07:47 PM
Secret of Mana. gogogogogogo

Mando Knight
2009-01-20, 08:41 PM
Also up for consideration:
Ocarina of Time
Super Metroid
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 9 (not on the VC, but a required WiiWare game, along with SBCG4AP)

However, Super Mario RPG (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvB-lIcHHPQ)... is necessary.

TheLogman
2009-01-20, 09:48 PM
I really liked World of Goo, Pokemon Snap, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, plus most of the ones above (Megaman 9).

Trazoi
2009-01-20, 10:08 PM
Super Paper Mario RPG is probably the best bang for buck available. It has a very cartoony style, so the fact that its got N64 graphics doesn't detriment from the game. It fits right in with the Mario RPGs for Gamecube or the Wii.

I'd also recommend Super Metroid. I don't have Secret of Mana yet, but I'll be buying that soon. Link to the Past is good too, unless you've already got a version for a handheld. Personally, I also like Kirby's Adventure for the NES, but that might just be my personal taste.

For WiiWare, World of Goo is great, although I bought mine for the Mac instead.