PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a flight-related feat

ShadowFighter15
2009-01-21, 04:57 AM
I've been looking for one that improves a character/creature's flight manoeuvrability by one category. Like a character with nine levels of Dragon Disciple has average manoeuvrability, but if they take the feat I'm looking for their manoeuvrability improves to good.

I can't remember which book I read it in and don't have access to all of them at the moment. Is this ringing any bells for anyone?

Talic
2009-01-21, 05:04 AM
It's gonna be in a book with flying playable races. That limits it to:
Races of the Wild (raptoran)
Draconomicon (dragons)
Races of the Dragon (Half Dragon, Dragonborn, etc)

kpenguin
2009-01-21, 05:05 AM
Improved Flight is a feat that improves your manueverability by one category.

It appears in several sourcebooks, I believe. Off the top head are Complete Adventurer, Draconomicon, and Races of the Wild.

ShadowFighter15
2009-01-21, 05:15 AM
Thanks for that; found it in Adventurer.

kpenguin
2009-01-21, 05:21 AM
Cool. Races of the Wild apparently has a lot of feats that aid flight.

ShadowFighter15
2009-01-21, 05:24 AM
Improved Flight was the only one I really wanted to find. I'm planning a DD character and my image of him had him flying better than what average would've allowed.

Caeldrim
2009-01-22, 08:49 PM
Once you've taken Improved Flight, look SERIOUSLY at fly by attack.

It puts ride by attack and spring attack to SHAME.

My raptoran warlock with improved flight and fly by attack was easily one of the funnest hit 'n' run characters ever.

EDIT: AHHH my first ninja-ing. :)

Myou
2009-01-22, 08:53 PM
Flyby Attack is excellent, it puts the other move+attack feats to shame. If you've got a good fly speed then flyby attack's always a great idea. Try it with a caster for added fun.

Keld Denar
2009-01-22, 09:19 PM
A Pectoral of Flight is a magic item in the Dracinomicon that increases fly cat by 1, if you'd rather spend gold than a feat. I think the cost is about 12,000, and I'm not really sure what body slot it would take up.

Prometheus
2009-01-22, 10:16 PM
Or use the magic item and the feat to improve the maneuverability category to Perfect.

ShadowFighter15
2009-01-23, 01:12 AM
I was thinking of looking into flyby attack, but I won't decide until maybe the first feat choice after my character gets his wings (gonna time DD level 9 to coincide with a feat level and use that for Improved Flight).