PDA

View Full Version : Evolight Inner Plane

Zweanslord
2009-01-21, 05:50 AM
Evolight: Inner Plane

A large piece of land is surrounded by water. On this piece of land, new species have emerged. Sentient species. Each now living in a corner of the land, they must face their environment and only time will tell if they come out on top or be forgotten in history.

Map

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8341/maphm7.png

OOC Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5677847
Species Status: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102816
Immortal Status: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102818
Outer Plane: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102814

Note

Remember to indicate when and where things happen at the top of your post.

Turn 2 starts at Tuesday 8 pm (GMT +1). This is in 6 days and 8 hours from this post.

Thistle
2009-01-21, 11:37 AM
Turn 1.0 [1C/The Coleoidea Lands]

There are currently four colonies with this part of the rain forest.
The first resides in a great tree near the coast. While being next to teh sea cuts down on the amount of hunting ground, it give a ready source of salt water. With this avalibilty they more readily use their ability to jet, ink and stealth.
In a grove of tree that surround a spring that feeds a tributary to one of the greater rivers is the second colony. The water is easy to get here as few large fish live in the spring but it is fresh. The area has recently experinced a fire and so prey is still moving in and the newer tree branches can't always support a Coleoidea's weight.
The third colony is on th banks a river. It must be crossed to access some of the hunting grounds and the fish are always ready to strike. The water is murky and rich in sediments, making it tolerable for breathing and making the region lush with life. Floods aredangerous though. Lower nests can risk drowning and fish often jump to higher branches when the water level is up.
The last colony is inland on one of the higher pieces of land the area can offer. While most colonies use rain to fill nests or shells, the inland colony uses the constant storms almost exclusively for the water they need. Extra care is taken to keep nests salted with bones and the like. While the high ground gives safety from floods, fires are more common in the relative dryness.

The colonies wait for the Immortals to come and inspire love, teaching, reverence or fear.

Problem
Birds have started attacking Coleoidea, knocking them off branches and eating them when the fall breaks open the shell.

Rogue_Dragon
2009-01-21, 01:17 PM
Turn 1.0 3A, Tumulose lands
The Tumulose continue their mostly solitary lives of wandering the plains, many of them seeming to grow bored. Despite their relatively small minds, the Tumulose still find themselves wanting more than a life of eating and sleeping, and while some are content to merely occupy their minds with memories of the plains they have traveled, most find themselves restless and seek something new to think about. Generally however the only thing new to these gentle giants is that some of them have become infested with a kind of ant that seems to burrow into their shell, and make them very uncomfortable, though few Tumulose could accurately guess why the ants are there, much less how to get rid of them, so such a simple matter could keep them occupied for a very long time indeed if nothing else came by to distract them.

Dr Bwaa
2009-01-21, 07:01 PM
Turn 1.0, Khiir, 3C

"Keerig! Bleekh! Hzuur! Wakeupwakeupwakeup! BEAST!!!" Lii runs across the beach at top speed towards her nest, claws sinking in the sand and slowing her progress. The setting sun gleams brilliantly across the gentle waves that lap the shore. If only it would go down, she could see a little better, see what it was that followed her, its heavy footsteps pounding the wet sand unevenly and its snorting breath loud and persistent. "BEAST!" she yells again. She knows she's getting close; she hadn't gone that far when she woke up. Just down the beach a little, to stretch her legs and practice Flaming where no one would see her. She thought she was starting to get something when she smelled, then heard the Beast.

"BEAST!!" she cries once more, and this time she hears an answer. "Lii! Over here! In the trees!" The voice is that of Keerig, her pack Master and a Firebringer. If he is in the trees, that means the rest of the pack heard her, and they are there now. Lii veers slightly to the right, making for the tree cover she knows exists, with the stomping, pounding Beast right behind her.

The treeline comes into sight, and with it the promise of sight, and of safety. She bolts inside, out of the sun's glow, and chances a look behind her as her eyes quickly adjust to the darkness. Curses! Of all beasts, WHY? "STRONGBEAST!!!" Lii shrieks into the forest where she knows her pack lies in wait. "STRONGBEAST!! RUN!!!"

A scattering can be heard. Lii sees her pack members around her now, joining her flight. They can all see the Strongbeast just behind them, slower in the forest than they, but not by much. They had to get to thicker cover, someplace the Strongbeast could not follow. The whole pack is around her, now, and Lii sees Keerig at the head, leading the way.

Lii wishes it were darker, but at least she can see them now. She wishes the Strongbeast were slower, heavier, but it chases them through the trees all the same. Lii knows that Strongbeasts aren't afraid of Flaming: that's what makes them Strongbeasts. That's why Keerig is running with everyone else.

The scent on the ground changes. This is another pack's territory they're in, but it doesn't matter. Not enough to stop, even for a second. Lii is tired. The tree cover is heavier here, and she can see a little better, but running around trees is getting harder.

Split! She knows the order and follows it without even thinking. Keerig gives another string of commands, and these, she follows likewise as she veers off to the right. As she runs, she sees that she's passing a clearing--a clearing with Whiners in it! And she sees Bleekh, Keerig's mate and the fastest of the pack, streak across the center of the clearing, through the middle of the sleeping, slow-moving Whiners. They whine at her, briefly--stupid animals--and never even get out of the way of the Strongbeast that follows Bleekh as far as the Whiners, and determines that the big, slow, stupid animals make a far better meal. A Whiner goes down fast, gored by the Strongbeast's tusk, and the others separate and begin running slowly through the forest.

They were saved, this time. They were lucky. They were tired: they might go hungry that night. But they were alive.

GreenDelusion
2009-01-22, 03:35 PM
Turn 1.0, Perivigilo, 1A

There are currently 4 different clans in the mountains; while they are aware of each other's existence, they generally avoid contact. The clans' warriors have been hunting more than usual, trying to stockpile meat to make up for the recent dearth of moonlight, so the warriors have been encountering each other with increasing frequency. This has led to some minor skirmishes over hunting privileges, but nothing serious yet.

Rogue_Dragon
2009-01-24, 05:17 AM
Turn 1.3, 3A, The Tumulose Lands
The Tumulose generally avoid gathering together for a number of reasons. More than 2 or 3 in a single area tends to demolish the surrounding terrain under their massive feet and devouring maws. But perhaps most importantly, most Tumulose don't seem to really need, or even want, company. They simply have had nothing to say to eachother, but that seems to be changing due to one of their oldest. He sent a number of the youngsters around him to gather up everyone they could find, telling them that he had finally found a solution for the problem of the tiny biting creatures that had invaded their shells. Since almost all of the Tumulose have at least a small colony of the shell ants, they start to head to the designated area, a delta in the south east edge of their lands, where a number of small rivers collect together to form a large lake, just before trailing off into the ocean. The ground where the rivers start to meet up is a muddy field, threatening to engulf any of the enormous Tumulose that are too careless around the treacherously soft ground. The land is generally avoided by the Tumulose, for they fear getting stuck in the soft earth, though some risk it for the unusually high concentration of bushes and small tree's.

Turn 1.5, 3A, The Delta
The land shakes under the massive feet of the Tumulose, and a sound like rolling thunder fills the air, as nearly every living Tumulose approaches the delta, in total 11 more Tumulose approach the meeting ground, and find just about the last thing they would have expected. The ancient one who put out the call, stuck, almost up to his head, in a rather large mud pit. A younger Tumulose, still small enough to not sink too deeply into the mud, will occasionally drag over a bush to the trapped elder. As the elder see's the rest of the Tumulose approaching he calls out to them, "Stay back. Soft-sticky land bad. I wander long time, found what kills tiny-biting-critters, but now I stuck. You help me. I help you. Get me out, and you no worry about tiny-biting-critters anymore." Many of the Tumulose seem dismayed at the prospect of having to pull him out, getting to him would be hard, and it would be very risky for more than a few of the younger ones to approach him, lest more get stuck in the mud. After staring at eachother for awhile, one of the other Tumulose finally calls back, "Wait. Need think. Need time. Little ones feed you. Big ones stay. Eat, think, sleep. Find way out of soft-sticky land. Then come back." After he finishes, many of the other Tumulose nod their heads in agreement, and start to wander off into the surrounding area, avoiding getting themselves stuck in the mud as well.

Turn 1.6, 3A, The Delta
As of now, the Tumulose have still not found a solution for their trapped elder, and if they can not free him, they will continue to be pestered by the shell burrowing ants, until they start to die of infections, one by one. The land around them is becoming barren, from supporting 13 of the largest creature on the island for so long, and while they will occasionally call out ideas to each other, none of them are even worth trying. Many of the Tumulose start to despair, believing that perhaps all their kind are doomed, and if they had any knowledge or belief in higher powers, they would surely be calling out to them now. However as it is, most just seem to fall further and further into despair, as night after night passes with no one finding a solution to any of the problems facing them.

Lykainon
2009-01-24, 07:25 AM
Turn 1.2, the Perivigilo Mountains, A1

High above the Perivigilo mountains the air almost seem to shiver for a few moments as the avatar of Dimos manifests itself. Looking down on the mountains beneath him he could see a few members of the Perivigilo scattered among the mountains. He observed them dispassionately for a few moments before briefly concentrating to imbue his voice with the sound of thunder and his body with lightning.

"Perivigilo..." He said. Although it was almost a whisper his thunderous voice echoed among the mountain tops, certain to reach every single Perivigilo in the area. "I am Dimos, lord of weather. The Stormbringar and the Lightkeeper. The giver of rain and taker of drought."

After his introduction Dimos paused for a few moments and let the bolts of lightning dashing across his body increase in strength to support his claims.

"Perivigilo..." He said once more, now in an almost friendly voice. "Worship and I will help you grow and thrive amongst these mountains and the lands below. Worship me and the weather will be you ally instead of your enemy. Worship me..." Dimos paused once more. Although he held little interest in it himself, he knew what was dramatically fitting.

"And nothing will ever stop you."

OOC: If it wasn't obvious, I'm using my Voice of Thunder miracle. I considered shining really brightly as well but considering the Pervigilo's aversion to light, that seemed kinda counter-productive.

Gourtox
2009-01-24, 09:53 AM
Brisivous 1.2 3C

He appears in a forest and yells. "I know you are here so come out and greet Brisivous Warblade! I am the Lord of War and the Earth you now stand on! I wish to make a deal with you, so come out!" He stops yelling and waits for the creaures to come out.

Lykainon
2009-01-24, 12:36 PM
Turn 1.6, The Tumulose Delta, 3A

In the sky directly above the trapped elder a wind suddenly started to blow and the air at it's center seemed to thicken until it took the shape of the Stormbringer. In the moments it took the gigantic creatures to notice him Dimos carefully observed them, pondering what might appeal to them.

All the creatures of the world were to be united under one Immortal. Fate had spoken and Dimos had every intention of making it reality.

"Behold, tumulose." He said as his body began shining with an intense light, similar to the sun itself. "I am Dimos, lord of weather. Child of the Radiant Sun. The Stormbringer and Lightkeeper."

Faithful to his habits he paused for dramatic effect after his introduction before continuing. "Now you walk alone in this world. Lost. Vulnerable. Even the oldest and wisest of you can become trapped by the earth itself in a cruel twist of fate. Even the youngest and healthiest of you could all die if the planes around you become barren."

"All this could change." Dimos said and started to decend towards the Tumulose, eventually appearing between the elder and the others. "Worship me and nature will be your servant, not your enemy. The lands will forever flourish with food for all. When you search for guidance in the night, there will be light. When you search for shade in the day, there will be darkness."

"Worship me and together..." He began as the light around him faded and he paused. "Together we will make a better world."

Jerian_Rumple
2009-01-24, 01:36 PM
Turn 1.2, 3C, Khiir Lands, Clan 3, Eliyanna Shadran

The spider manifests (small size) deep in the forest from which Eliyanna had felt the strongest tug. Here were beasts capable of conscious thought, and in need of the things she could teach them. She did not know how she knew this, or why she cared, but at least it promised to be more interesting than the place she had left. Once she was used to her new, more solid form, she scuttled off into the shadows of the forest in search of the ones she had felt, the cool night air brushing over her hairs...

It did not take long for her to come across the pack that she had felt before. Much of the clan was out hunting, but there were still a few Khiir left tending the eggs in the small pits that had been done. Perfect...

Remaining hidden in the undergrowth of the forest, using every innate trick she knew to keep herself hidden, she calls out to those who are left...

"Hello, tiny fire breathers. Do not flee. I am a friend, and am here to help you and see you. I am not like you. I do not breathe fire. That is a good skill. But I can do many things you can not. Let us talk to each other so that things may be made better."

Turn 1.7, 5C, Coleoidea Lands, Inland Colony, Eliyanna Shadran

Remanifesting, Eliyanna gets her bearings. "Well, that went well..." She begins scuttling along the floor, sensing more than seeing which way she is supposed to go. Soon she comes upon a grove of trees which seemed similar to the grove she had seen from her higher vantage point. Hiding in the dense underbrush, she calls out:

"Tree dwellers! Listen! I am not Beast, and I am not you! I am different, and I am powerful. I am here to talk with you. I wish to help you! Please talk to me!"

Dr Bwaa
2009-01-24, 05:09 PM
Turn 1.2, Khiir, Pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran

When they hear sound, sudden and close by, the two Khiir standing watchfully over their nests turn abruptly to face the source of the voice. Looking around intensely into the brush, they stand between the perceived threat and their nests, puffed up to look as large as possible. Their tails wave behind their heads and their claws are out in front of them, like a grappler's. The one on the right speaks. His voice is a series of clicks and growls and hisses; as he continues to stare he ventures cautiously, You are not like us? How? Are you Beast? What do you want?

Turn 1.2, Pack 13, Brisivous

When the Immortal appears, he hears creatures of all sizes scatter from his sudden appearance. Bellowing out into the forest, the only reply he gets is the sound of his own breathing. Nor do any creatures approach his as he waits in the forest.

I just picked a pack at random since you didn't specify which you would like to visit.

GreenDelusion
2009-01-24, 05:55 PM
Turn 1.0, Perivigilo, 1A (Sorry, meant to add this much earlier)

The Perivigilo in the mountains are currently divided into four clans. To the NW (I'm just going to go ahead and call the top of the grid north, and go from there) is the Highpeak clan. In the center of the mountains is theTwomoons clan. Farthest south is the Lowpeak clan, and the Batpeak clan lives slightly NE of Lowpeak

The Clans
The Highmountain clan is currently the smallest clan. It has no albino, but the clan's nest is on one of the highest peaks in the mountains, so until now they have had plenty of moonlight. Even now, they are less affected by the weather than the other clans, although the declining birthrate has affected them strongly. However, the Highmountain clan has much less fertile hunting ground than the other clans, and they have had to range farther in the recent storm. Their warlike leader has instigated many of the hunting skirmishes mentioned before.

The Twomoons clan is the large, and is called such because they are currently blessed with two albino perivigilos. However, the younger of the two albinos is growing increasingly dissatisfied with the elder's leadership, believing that the clan should flee the mountains in search of better moonlight.

The Lowpeak clan lives in one of the smaller mountains in the perivigilo's territory, but they also have on of the largest hunting grounds. The albino leading the Lowpeak clan is more of a pacifist than the other leaders; the other clans, especially the Highpeak, have taken this for a sign of weakness and regularly raid the Lowpeak's hunting grounds.

The Darkhide clan is the most isolated of the clans, preferring to hunt as far away from other clans as possible. They get their name from their especially dark skin; they have no albino at the moment, and albinos among them are especially rare.

{table=head]Clan|Number of members
Highpeak|16
Twomoons|48
Lowpeak|32
Darkhide|32[/table]

(The perivigilo are right on the border between Small and Medium, so I decided to group population as if they were medium creatures.

Turn 1.1, Perivigilo, Lowpeak clan, 1A

After a particularly vicious border skirmish with the Highpeak clan, the leader of the Lowpeak clan decides that they should try to flee.
<<Moving the Lowpeak clan to 2A>>

Turn 1.1, Perivigilo, Twomoons clan, 1A, Dimos

(I'm not sure if it's night or day, so I'm going to assume it's day. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Dimos's thundering voice wakes the Twomoons clan from their peaceful slumber. They cower away from the entrance of the cave, terrified of the fearsome voice. Stormbringer? Lightkeeper? Was Moon angry with them, that she had sent the storms? Why now had her servant--for such a powerful being must be the Moon's servant--arrived? If this fearsome creature was master of the Light and the Storm, what did he want with them?

After much deliberation, the elder albino of the clan, an aged perivigilo by the name of Moon's Gift, crept toward the entrance of the cave. In a screechy voice he called out a fearful greeting. "We greet you, Moon's Servant. Do we anger the Moon? She does not shine on us. The storm hides her light. Have you come so we may please the Moon, so we may see her again?

Jerian_Rumple
2009-01-24, 08:22 PM

"Beast? I am not Beast! I am Other. I come from Other place. Not anywhere here, but the Other place. I want to talk to you. Learn of you. Help you. You are important. Special. Will you talk with me? Learn of me? I am Eliyanna Shadran. Who are you?"

Lykainon
2009-01-24, 08:31 PM
OOC: I was actually thinking it was night (bolts of lightning across a body are so much less impressive during the day) but I'll leave it up to you if you want to change your post or keep it day.

Turn 1.2, the Perivigilo Mountains, A1

As Dimos heard someone reply he lowered himself towards the creature that had spoken. This people certainly seemed fixated on the moon but that could work. Moon light was light, after all.

"You have not displeased the moon, people of the mountain." Dimos stated, figuring out what to say as he went. "She has merely been weakened. There are other creatures in this world and their belief in false gods instead of the Moon and I, her servant, drains her strength. Put your faith in me as you do in the Moon and I will help her regain her strength to shine through every cloud on the sky."

Dr Bwaa
2009-01-24, 08:35 PM

"Other?" the Khiir who spoke narrows his eyes as he looks into the brush. "Not Khiir, not Beast... then what are you? Where are you?" he demands of the bush. "Come out, but do not come close! Or we will hunt you!"

Eliyanna understands the threat, not aggressively, but that the creatures will protect themselves immediately if they feel threatened. If Eliyanna shows herself...
"Stop there," the Khiir commands. He takes a step or two forward once she stops, and looks at her through narrowed, calculating eyes. Finally, he takes a step back. "You are like spiders. Only very big. Why do you talk? Why do you say you are an 'Other'? How will you help me?"

Thistle
2009-01-24, 09:04 PM
Turn 1.7, 1C, Inland Colony

The Coleoidea seem confused by Eliyanna's voice. She's sure they heard it but they seem to be having trouble understanding what was said. Despite the colony being shaken very little information is exchanged. They signal asking if there is anything near the tree.
"Others! Creature is here?"
"I did not see creatures. Others see?"
After a couple seconds they calm down again when no threat becomes apparent. Most go back to resting in their nests. However, one of the creatures in the lower branches of the colony tree starts to twist and wave their tentacles in complex patterns. Despite not knowing what the movments mean, Eliyanna understands the language she sees being signed. It doesn't seem to be talking to anyone directly, more like it's thinking out loud.
"I am me. I am different and not others. I talk to myself? I am me?

Jerian_Rumple
2009-01-24, 10:49 PM

"Do not hurt me. I am not strong, but I am smart. Here I come."

With that, Eliyanna crawls out from her hiding place among the bushes and comes to stand before the Khiir that have remained. Even though she does not move her legs continue to flex and bend a little, always shifting. She does not do anything to overtly threaten, however, and she is not very big. Big for a spider, but not all that large overall.

"I am an Other because I am not part of everything you know. I come from another everything. I talk because I can. The same reason why you talk. I am smart like you. I know things like you. I can teach you things I know. I can teach you how to hide from Beasts. I can teach you how to trick food. I can help you, if you listen. Will you listen?"

Turn 1.7, Coleoidea, Inland Colony, Eliyanna Shadran

Eliyanna waits as they talk, then sighs inwardly as they return to their lives. Perhaps they were not ready yet to hear of her. Then, a single member began to speak to itself, and Eliyanna decides to give it another try. Continuing to move stealthily, she creeps closer to the one and begins to whisper to it.

"Good. You are you. You are different. You are special. I am me. I am the creature from before. I will not hurt you. I will help you. We can talk?"

Thistle
2009-01-24, 11:45 PM
Turn 1.7, Coleoidea, Inland Colony

Revalation seems to come into the Coleodiea's slitted eyes. Although Coleoidea don't have very experesive faces. It might just be deeper confusion. In either case it starts to sign faster.
"Other? Other is not me!" It looks around as if expecting to see someone else. But even in the sparse vegation that grows in the sandy soil around the tree, Eliyanna remains well hidden to its sight.
"You talk? No arms and you talk? How? You here? I not see you here and other talk without me seeing other? How does other talk without moving arms? Is other inside? It withdraws its eyes into its shell to search the interior.
"Other is creature? How does creature help? How does other creature talk?" The Coleoidea pokes one eye back out, scanning the area again in vain.

Jerian_Rumple
2009-01-25, 12:09 AM

"I talk. You understand. I am very powerful. I am not a creature like you know. I am an Other creature. I come from a different place. A different everywhere. I talk different, but you understand, because I am powerful. I am an Other. I can help you. I can teach. I know like you know. I know more. I know tricks. I know hiding. Speak with me. Tell me what you need to know..."

Thistle
2009-01-25, 12:26 AM

Hiding? I know hiding. I not seen hiding like yours, or any other that does your hiding. Speak the tricks for hiding. With the powerful Other hiding tricks, birds not find me."
Eliyanna notices that the Coleoidea has begun to associate the sound of her voice with the understanding it recieves. It can tell which direction it's coming from but no matter how much it searches with the eye on that side of its shell it can't seem to find her.

Rogue_Dragon
2009-01-25, 12:46 AM
Turn 1.6, 3A, Tumulose Delta
As the stormlord first appears many of the Tumulose seem obviously frightned, if they were a smaller more mobile race, they likely would have fled into the wilderness. But being the large unwieldly things that they are, they merely hide in their shells, listening to what Dimos has to say. Even after he finishes his inspiring speach, Dimos finds that many of the Tumulose still seem a little scared, or at least confused, by his grandois speech, and are merely hiding, or peering out of their shells at him. The elder however seems slightly more attentive (or more desperate) and responds, "You can help us survive the land? Avoid the soft-ground? Find more trees and bushes? What must we do?" Hearing one of their own speak seems to enbolden the skittish giants a little, and one of the younger ones, a Tumulose barely 12 feet across, speaks up as well, "You can keep us from being alone? Travel together like after hatching? Can make land support us all together? How, how we work with Dimos?" Though most of the Tumulose now are still hiding, they are at least watching what Dimos does and says, obviously curious about this strange new being, though few have the courage to do more than watch.

Jerian_Rumple
2009-01-25, 01:04 AM

"Birds? Ah, the flying ones I have seen. Yes, they will not find you. I am coming out. Do not flee." With that, Eliyanna crawls out from the foliage onto the branch. Assuming the Coleoidea does not attack or flee, she continues.

"I am Eliyanna Shadran. I know how to hide. You have colors. This is good. You use colors to hide. This is good. You must use motion to hide too. You must use everything. You can not hide in everything. You have to be everything. Your colors cannot be like everything. They must be everything. Look at everything. Always. It is. You are not everything. When you become everything, you hide. You hide well. Practice with the colors. Make yourself be everything. You understand me?"

Thistle
2009-01-25, 01:43 AM

The Coleoidea seems a little surprised by the Immortals "sudden" appearance, having been sure it had looked directly at that spot and not seen her. It leaves its nest and climbs down to get a closer look at her. It circles once and settles in front of her.
It makes small signs to itself. Strange powerful Other, has stiff arms and all shell. Then addressing her it says. I and others can make color like here and there. I will show. And then it seems to turn inside out. Water spills out as folds of skin stretch out of the shell and envelope the creature. The mantle then takes on a crude coloring of the ground and the skin puckers into a pebbly texture. While it a cursory glance might overlook the Coleoidea, its hiding skills are pretty poor. The color is largely monochromatic, blending all surrounding colors into a single swatch of brown; the false texture lacks refinement. And this Coleoidea seems to have a tendancy to fidget its limbs, which breaks the illusion.
After holding the position for a short time it retracts back into its shell.
Need to breath. it signs and quickly climbs back up the tree and refills its shell before coming back down again.

Jerian_Rumple
2009-01-25, 01:04 PM

Eliyanna watches as this young Coleoidea puts on its display, then shakes her head back and forth, a display that requires her to shift her whole arachnid body. She waits for the young one to return, then continues her explaination.

"No, you do not know. You do well, but not good enough. You can be seen. Let me show you."

Unsure of exactly how she is supposed to show him, she becomes introspective. It's then that she feels the spark of power. Without thinking, she reaches inside herself, grabs it, and yanks.

Suddenly between them there appears an image of the Coleoidea, looking as it did when it was camoflaged. "This is how you are seen when you are hidden." The image remains for just a few seconds before disappearing. "You see? You are like everything, but are not everything. This must be different. You must be everything. All the colors, not one color. You understand?"

Cast Level 1 Minor Illusion

Lykainon
2009-01-25, 01:16 PM
Turn 1.6, Tumulose Delta, 3A

As Dimos replied, he turned to the Tumulose one by one, especially the ones who'd spoken to him. "Yes. I can help you with all of that and much, much more. You too, will have to make an effort but trust me, it will all be worth it in the end."

"All you have to do is have faith in me. Put the same kind of confidence and trust in me as you would in one of your elders. Just... believe in me."

Thistle
2009-01-25, 01:50 PM

The Coleoidea rolls its eyes in puzzlement.
"Other good at hiding like you." It streches out a tentacle to the spot where the illusion was but of course feels nothing. Where....?" it does a fast search and still finding nothing it begins excitedly.
"If other powerful with hiding tricks, I can." Then it seems to remember what Eliyanna had been trying to teach and it once again became confused.
Other was how I was. I was same color as here. It puts its arm to the ground and shifts the local pigment. While it is once again a flat brown, its a little more red than the sand. Still, the Coleoidea seems confident that the colors match.

Jerian_Rumple
2009-01-25, 02:08 PM

Eliyanna bobs her head up and down in the imitation of a nod. "Yes. You were same color as there. Close to it. But you must be same color as all around it." Eliyanna spins in a circle to emphasize the point. "All colors around. Color of here, and here, and here, and here. All at the same time. Like this.".

Eliyanna focuses one last time, and a Coleoidea appears, colored normally, then quickly shifting to match the mottled appearance of the ground, still visible, but not as visible as the Coleoidea she is speaking to when it camoflages. The image fades away again.

"You must have many colors to hide. Not just one."

Dr Bwaa
2009-01-25, 03:08 PM
Turn 1.2, Khiir pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran

The Khiir Eliyanna is addressing pauses for a moment at this proposition. The flat, scaly patch on his head is a dark green color; his eyes a matching red. After this consideration, he declares, "I will listen to you, Other Eliyanna Shadran. When Master Viikh returns, he will decide if we all listen to you. Now you are talking to Liguu." He pauses for a moment, and continues, "What will you teach us? We do not hide from Beasts. Beasts hide from us! We can Flame, scare Beasts away!"

The other individual, who has not spoken, opens his mouth for a split second, then closes it again, as though he had something to say about this, but Liguu continues, "What can you teach us, Other Eliyanna Shadran?Why do you want to?"

Jerian_Rumple
2009-01-25, 04:36 PM
Turn 1.2, Khiir pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran

Eliyanna listens to Liguu calmly, swaying slightly from side to side on her hair-covered legs. When he is done, she considers for a short while, then speaks, speaking loud enough so her voice carries clearly.

"Liguu. I can teach you much. You did not say that you could not use help with food. I can help you trick food. I can help you make traps. Traps to catch food for you. I can help you make traps for Beasts so they leave you alone without flame. I can help you a lot. I can teach you much. I can teach you how to hide to make everything easy. Many things. Why I teach you? Because the fire breathers are special. Strong, smart, quick! When I am here, I want your help, and give you my help. Listen to me and help me, and you will learn much."

Rogue_Dragon
2009-01-25, 05:09 PM
The trapped elder seems almost a little angry at Dimos "We respect elders. Elders earn respect. Live long time. Bigger than any others. What you do? Silly flappers fly like you. All day bright thing shine in sky. You not help us. Why respect you? You just more not us." Before the elders speech, many of the Tumulose looked like they were truly starting to listen to Dimos, but few are willing to cross an elder, even one stuck in the mud. Some of the younger Tumulose will likely do as he says, but without an act of good will on his part, it is unlikely that many of the older Tumulose will follow him.

Lykainon
2009-01-25, 05:21 PM

Dimos nodded slowly. "I see. You have no reason to trust me but neither do I wish to make you lazy and spoiled by solving all your problems for you. In a future shaped by my presence however, these unsafe areas will fade away from the land and into a distant memory."

"But I can suggest a way for you to help your elder yourselves." Thinking for a few seconds, Dimos came up with an idea that might work. "You sink into the ground because you are heavy and the ground is weak. Now, you can't reduce your own magnificent size but it is possible to make the ground stronger."

Looking around himself, Dimos continued. "There are not very many big trees around here but with my guidance you will be able to find some. Go out, Tumulose, and bring back some trees! They will make the ground stronger and once you can walk on the soft-sticky land. Nothing will happen to your beloved elder in your absence, I will make sure of it."

Rogue_Dragon
2009-01-25, 06:26 PM
Turn 1.7, Tumulose Delta, 3A
It takes quite awhile for the Tumulose to collect enough tree's. They are slow creatures, and prone to eating bits of the trees that they are dragging along.
But after several days, they have collected enough to create a bridge out to, and around the trapped elder. It takes much pushing and prodding, the tree covered mud creaks and groans under the weight of the massive Tumulose, and the air is filled with sounds of cracking twigs, and hardened shells pushed to their limits, but eventually, the Elder is freed, and he slowly works his way across the makeshift bridge, and rests on the firm grassy ground for the first time in many many days. After a short rest the elder looks up at Dimos and says "I wrong. You help us. You not large, you very smart. Did what all us not able. You now elder." After a few more minutes of rest the exhausted elder looks over the rest of the Tumulose gathered around. "I promised. You all want kill tiny-biting-critters. I know. Water. Sit water. Water fill shell. Kill tiny-biting-critters. Maybe take long. Days. But all tiny-biting-critters gone. Long time." The Tumulose nod their heads at the elder, silently accepting what he said, and as they leave one by one, Many of them thank Dimos for his help, for saving them all. But for every grateful word that he hears, he see's 3 more Tumulose nearly nod their heads at him, and hears within his heart the kind of thanks that a being might hold for a miracle they did not understand. How long their worship will last, nobody could say for sure, but for now, most of the Tumulose who have seen the wonder of the Storm-bringer, will revere him as an elder for the rest of their lives.
Dimos now has 10 worshipers among the Tumulose, out of the 13 that surrounded the trapped elder at the Delta. The only Tumulose who do not worship him now are the elders, who by his own request view him also as an elder, making him and them equals.

Turn 1.8, Tumulose lands, 3A
Across the great open plains, many more Tumulose can be seen doing something that before would have been almost unthinkable. They are bathing. The mighty behemoths can be found sitting in shallower rivers, and lakes, just allowing the water to lap over their enormous shells. Those who were paying close enough attention would see that tiny holes across their enormous shells start spewing forth tiny ants, many of them already drowned, and the rest incapable of reforming any kind of colony. A bi-product of this new behavior is of course that the Tumulose now frequently have water dousing their shells. Encouraging the various plant growths that latch onto their irregularly shaped shells.

GreenDelusion
2009-01-25, 07:56 PM
Turn 1.2, Perivigilo, Twomoons clan, Dimos, 1A

<<Hmm...Let's say it's dusk. Still bright enough that the Perivigilo don't want to venture out, but the lightning will still look pretty imressive. And the Perivigilo can come out of their cave later on in the conversation.>>

Moon's Gift speaks, shock registering in his voice. "Other creatures? Not like us? We know of more of us in the mountains, but there are others not like us?"
It pauses for a moment, thinking over Dimos' words. "If there are other creatures in these mountains, do they bring the storm to us? Have you come to bring us to battle against those who honor Sun, Moon's enemy? Do they cover Moon to try and kill us, who worship truly? Moon's servant, will you help us kill those who honor Sun?"

Lykainon
2009-01-25, 08:04 PM
Turn 1.7, Tumulose Delta, 3A

After nodding in approval to his new followers among the Tumulose and bowing slightly towards the elders present, Dimos dissolved his avatar in silence.

"No, the other creatures are not on the mountain, here are nothing but the Perivigilo." Dimos replied. "The others are spread out across the lands, far from here. We will not battle them, not unless they bring the fight to us. Simply honor me like you honor the Moon and I will assist you, come storm or sunshine, for she has given me the power and responsibility to do so."

Dimos found that it was easy to come up with words as long as he spoke his mind, just replacing his own trust in Fate with the Perivigilo's trust in the Moon.

Dr Bwaa
2009-01-25, 11:32 PM
1.2, Khiir pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran

Liguu swells. "Khiir know we are special. No one like us! We are stonger than any Beast!"

At this, the Khiir behind Liguu coughs back something trying to escape her throat, and Liguu looks back to her. When he turns again to face Eliyanna, his face is a little more somber.

"There is one Beast we cannot scare, Other Eliyanna Shadran. Strongbeast not afraid of Khiir, not of Flaming. They hunt us sometimes. You say you can help us? Help us defeat Strongbeast!"

Presently, a noise can be heard in the forest, moving closer. It is clearly several creatures, and Liguu turns toward the sound and calls out: "Master Viikh! There is a creature here, not prey I think, not Beast. It calls itself Other Eliyanna Shadran. It wants to help. I told it to talk to you." Out of the darkness, then, come about fifteen more of the Khiir, a couple quite a bit smaller than the rest, and one a full head taller. As the others swarm into the nesting site and a couple bring hunks of fresh, dripping meat to Liguu and the other Khiir who had remained behind, this tall male turns to Eliyanna.

"I am Master Viikh," the creature says. His voice is imperial, somehow, deeper than others Eliyanna has heard so far. He is tall--for one of these creatures, anyway, which makes him still considerably smaller than Eliyanna. The scales on his forehead are crimson, and he reeks of blood. "Why have you come? How can you help me?"

GreenDelusion
2009-01-26, 11:10 AM

Moon's Gift seems puzzled. "The other creatures are not on the mountain? Somewhere else? We know little of the land beyond our mountains...Servant of the Moon, you bring us great knowledge. We will honor you, Messenger of the Moon."
Dimos now has 48 worshippers (1.5 population units) among the Perivigilo.

Gourtox
2009-01-26, 06:13 PM
Brisivous Turn 1.2, C3, Unknown Khiir pack

He waits for the creatures to come, but instead he hears the creatures running away. "Well that didn't go well. I think I better try a different tactic." He begins to follow the Khiir with his hands up in an unthreatening manner. I hope they come soon. he thinks.

Jerian_Rumple
2009-01-26, 06:20 PM
1.2, Khiir pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran

"Help you to defeat the Strongbeast you say? Hmm..." Eliyanna seems like she's about to say more when the other Khiir return. She respectfully steps to the side, allowing the Khiir to move unimpeded. She waits until she is addressed by the Master before speaking.

"Master Viikh of the Khiir. I am Eliyanna Shadran, an Other. I say this because I am not from this everything. I am from another everything. As I told Liguu, I am smart. I can teach the Khiir how to hide, how to trick. I can help you catch food. And...I can help the Khiir survive the Strongbeast!" She pauses to let that sink in.

Lykainon
2009-01-27, 03:19 AM

"That is well." Dimos replied. "Spread the word of me and my promises among your people all over the mountain. Your honor strengthens and humbles me but the Moon and myself will require much strength to stop the false gods and help your people prosper."

"You will be mine and the Moon's representative among your people, the first among equals. Let everyone know what we have spoken of so that they all get their chance to honor the Moon properly."

Zweanslord
2009-01-27, 02:05 PM
End of Turn 1, Start of Turn 2

Three of the Immortals have descended upon the mortal plane, where the species have reacted to them and their surroundings.

Dimos has felt the first power from mortals surge through him, while the Tumulose have managed to deal with their ant problem. Meanwhile, the Perivigilo have expanded their territory.

The Map

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1049/map2atx0.png

The Immortals who now observe their scrying pools may notice something new as they observe the Inner Plane. Four points are marked and are spread across the isle. They are not able to zoom in enough to see what they represent..

OOC

You can wrap Turn 1 things up in next posts, just try to do this swiftly and move on to Turn 2 business.

Since none of the Immortals have researched a miracle or crafted an artefact, they all get 1/2 a teaching point.

If you explore one of the points marked on the map, please indicate this clearly.

Remember to update your status post.

Next turn will start in 3 full days.

Lykainon
2009-01-27, 02:17 PM
Turn 2.2, Point of Interest in Perivigilo Territory, 2A

Curios about the mysterious point, Dimos' avatar materialized in the hills south of the Perivigilo Mountains and headed for the location marked in the scrying pool. Along the way he waved at some Perivigilo's to follow him.

@GreenDelusion: I'm just guessing that Dimos sees some Pervigilo along the way, if you feel otherwise, just tell me and I'll edit the post.

Zweanslord
2009-01-27, 02:24 PM
OOC

Lykainon, it is now Turn 2 and the point marked appears in Turn 2, so you can't visit it at Turn 1. Also, next time please add the point in the header of your post. You can determine yourself if you see some Perivigilo, since Dimos determines where he manifests after all..

Turn 2.2, 2A, Point of Interest, Dimos, Perivigilo?

As Dimos moves towards the area the point had marked, he notices it is a windy day in the hills. This will give any Perivigilo some nice chance to glide on the wind after him. Eventually, Dimos spots something which does not belong amidst the hills. As he looks over the landscape, something remarkably red springs out and in sight. What seems to be a red scarf hanging from a rock and bellowing in the wind seems to be up ahead.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4522/scarfofprotectionsm1.png

Lykainon
2009-01-27, 02:34 PM

The red object confused Dimos. It cleary didn't belong in the surrondings. Was it perhaps made by one of the other Immortals or even his own Mistress, Fate?

Whatever it was, it didn't seem very dangerous so Dimos moved closer and closer to it, eventually reaching out to touch it.

Zweanslord
2009-01-27, 04:25 PM

Dimos stepped forward as the scarf waved in the wind. He touched it and he felt the scarf's texture was unnaturally soft. Feeling more of it, he noticed that it seemed soft, but sturdy. However, if Dimos would eventually do more and try to pull the scarf from the rock, getting it loose, he would notice it seemed to be stuck. No matter how much Dimos would pull or try to get it off the rock, he can not get the scarf loose. This despite the fact that the scarf seems only loosely wrapped around the rock..

Rogue_Dragon
2009-01-27, 04:32 PM
Tumulose, Turn 1.END
The changes to the Tumulose have been slight, but noticable to those paying attention. Due to the forced interaction of nearly the entire species, the normally quiet Tumulose have started to develop more of a language, and compared to earlier, they have made leaps and bounds in developing an almost acceptable form of communication. Furthermore, the same interaction, and group problem solving(or group, problem pondering at least) has helped the Tumulose to develop a better understanding of their surroundings, as well as of themselves. The strangest, and perhaps most unexpected change however, is not in their minds, but upon their backs. Where normally the Tumulose's shells would support one or two small patches of grass, or perhaps a stunted bush, they now find themselves almost covered in greenery. The water that they now frequently bathe themselves in, in the hopes of drowning out ant infestations, also serves to water the various seeds that manage to land upon the dirt deposits that collect in the irregular indentations upon their shells. While anyone who had seen a Tumulose before would still easily recognize them, their camouflage is slowly improving, and now as they sleep they more accurately appear as a small grassy hill, largely made of rock, but not entirely out of place.

EP Expenditure
2 Point in brain->4
3 Points in Language->4
1 Point in Camouflage->4

Lykainon
2009-01-27, 04:34 PM
Dimos tried pulling the scarf loose, first gently then harder and harder. It was stuck to the rock like a mountain to the earth it stood on. Most peculiar, indeed.

In a last attempt to get it loose he raised his hand and within moments it was sparkling with bolts of lightning. After a moment of hesitation he released the lightning at the rock holding the scarf. With a thundering sound it struck the target, sending dust and smaller stones into the air so not even Dimos could see the result right away.

OOC: For those of you not keeping tabs on the Immortal Status thread; yes, Dimos can shoot lightning now, courtesy of his loving followers. Weeee! :smallbiggrin:

Zweanslord
2009-01-27, 05:16 PM

As the dirt and small rocks were flung to the side, Dimos noticed that the dust quickly dissipated. With the wind currently in the air, that was no wonder. When the rocks came in view again, he noticed that the scarf was looser now and the rock showed the spot where the lightning had struck and flung the rocks to the side.

The scarf, for all intents, seemed to be loose enough to just pull up from the rock. However, if Dimos would try, he would fail miserably. Almost as if the laws of nature were against him, the scarf would not go loose from the rock, despite it looking to be hanging incredibly loose. No matter if Dimos pulled and tried to push the scarf up, it would not budge even an inch.

To blast the rock with lightning again would be an option, but there seemed to be a high chance that if the scarf got loose from the rock by such a blast, the wind would take it and blow it away.

Lykainon
2009-01-27, 05:25 PM

After evaluating the situation Dimos grabbed the scarf with his left hand, wrapping it tightly around his wrist for better grip. With an expression of total focus he then placed his right hand directly on the stone beneath the scarf, closing his eyes.

"Mistress..." He prayed, whispering so no one in the surrounding area would hear him. "Grant me the strength to fulfill this in your name."

He stood silent for a few moments before channeling all the lightning he could muster directly into the rock, sending dust and loose rocks flying in all directions.

Gourtox
2009-01-27, 05:32 PM
Brisivous 1.END, 3C

Finding no one he sighs and dematerializes.

Brisivous 2.0, 2C

After seeing the spot from his pool he materializes near it and heads toward it.

Zweanslord
2009-01-27, 05:51 PM

Dust, dirt and rocks were being spit out as lightning struck the rock. The scarf was loosened from the rock and it waved in the air, tugging it along. And then, something out of the ordinary happened. In the usual situation, Dimos should have held the scarf as the now released end waved in the wind. In this situation, however, the wind caught the scarf and tugged it in the air. It was lifted up and it flew in the wind, as if it was not being held by anybody. Unfortunately, it was and Dimos was yanked along, pulled in the air as if he was not even there. It was not even as if Dimos was weightless and holding it, but as if he was not even there. The scarf was just blown in the wind and Dimos was just tagging along for the ride.

OOC
Okay, I guess now we do need to know if any Perivigilo have come along and is going/wants to do anything. If so, they can attempt to do something about the situation too.

Turn 2.0, 2C, Point of Interest, Brisivous

As Brisivous heads towards the spot in the forest, he walks by the trees. The foliage blocks much of the sun, with only a few rays passing through. It seems quiet, with only a few noises. Mostly the leaves rustling a bit, but only a bit as there is not much wind. Eventually though, Brisivous finds himself at a glade. In the center, a stone stands and in it, a sharp iron sword resides. The blade seems extraordinary and a work from a true master. The light of the sun seems to take special attention of the blade in the stone at the center of the glade, basking it and drawing anybody's attention easily.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5070/firstswordof3.png

GreenDelusion
2009-01-27, 06:10 PM
Turn 1 END, Perivigilo
The Twomoons clan begins to spread the worship of Dimos through the mountains, accompanied to Dimos to prove the truth of their words. Although travel through the mountains is slow, word spreads through the Perivigilo of Moon's powerful new servant. However, most perivigilo simply see Dimos as an extension of Moon's power, and continue to worship the moon directly. ((Ups worship of Dimos to 2 pop. units total, but I think communication is still too slow for the whole group to be honoring him at this point.))

EP Expenditures
+2 points to Brain-->4 total
+1 point to Hierarchy-->3 total
+1 point to Culture-->2 total

Turn 2.2, Perivigilo, 2A, Dimos, Scarf
On his way to the mysterious object, Dimos encounters several members of the Lowpeak clan on a hunting expedition. Although the hills have less food than they had expected, the renewed moon exposure has made them much more energetic. While most of the Lowpeaks either do not believe Dimos is a servant of Moon, or simply choose to worship the moon directly, three of the hunters eagerly follow Dimos on his journey.

When the group reaches the scarf, the perivigilo stand back, unused to such color. However, when Dimos is swept away, two of the three glide after him and try to grab hold of the scarf as well, while the third follows behind, trying to look for more perivigilo to help out.

Gourtox
2009-01-27, 06:17 PM
Brisivous 2.0 2C

Who could have made this fine article of war. Hee slowly walks over toward the blade, but stops. Cautiosly looking around for another immortal he moves even closer before stopping again. He moves next to the sword and grabs the handle.

Lykainon
2009-01-27, 06:26 PM
Turn 2.2, the skies above Perivigilo Territory, 2A

If it hadn't been before, the fact that the scarf was pulling him across the skies made it very clear that the strange object didn't abided any normal rules. It was unlikely that Dimos would get control over it by physical force. Lyckily, physical force wasn't his speciality.

Instead, Dimos focused intensely on the scarf, trying to connect with whatever spritual forces that lied within it.

Zweanslord
2009-01-27, 06:32 PM
Turn 2.2, 2A, Point of Interest, Dimos, Perivigilo

When the Perivigilo grab the scarf, they soon plummet to the ground as gravity seemed to work normally on Dimos again. To them, the scarf feels soft and sturdy, although after they have touched it, the scarf seems to shine for a moment. As Dimos landed on the ground, he held the scarf, which seemed to have become a normal scarf again. It cared that it was held by Dimos again and was no longer able to pull it away. Then, Dimos reached an epiphany, as he knew what this object now was..

As Brisivous grabs the handle, he feels nothing really special except the realisation what kind of master work this must be. With a keen eye, he sees the sharpness of the blade, the extraordinary sturdiness and the ergonomical fit of the handle. When Birisivous tries to pull the sword from the earth, however, he achieves nothing. It seems to be stuck completely in the earth, not moving an inch, no matter how Brisivous would pull or push. It is as if it is stuck within this entire world..

Lykainon
2009-01-27, 06:47 PM

Having realized, at least partly, what the scarf was, Dimos wrapped it around his neck and turned to the remaining Perivigilo.

"Thank you, my friends. Tell others of your people about this. This peculiar item is an omen from the Moon. She is telling us that we are on the right path. You will accomplish great things, Perivigilo."

Having spoken Dimos' avatar dematerialized.

Turn 2.2, Point of Interest, 2C

The air seemed to grow thicker as Dimos' avatar rematerialized in proximity to another one of the strange points. In this forest he had no followers to assist him and he hoped that retrieving this item, or whatever it was, would prove easier than the scarf had done.

OOC: Artifacts and such are supposed to go along with dematerializations, right? If the scarf for whatever reason doesn't, ignore the second part of this post and imagine that it instead says that Dimos returns to the scarf.

Gourtox
2009-01-27, 06:56 PM

Knowing brute force wouldn't work. He uses his Manipulate Earth miracle to move the stone around around the sword, loosening its hold the sword and then he tries to pull the sword out again.

I hope this works

GreenDelusion
2009-01-27, 06:58 PM
Turn 2.2, Perivigilo, 2A

The perivigilo lucky enough to have accompanied Dimos return to the Lowpeak clan and tell the rest of the clan about the magical "soft hide strip" that rides the wind like a living creature. Although some think that the three hunters are crazy or lying, those among the Lowpeaks who already worship Dimos see this as more proof of his divine power.

Rogue_Dragon
2009-01-27, 11:20 PM
Turn 2.0, Tumulose lands, The new generation
As the eldest pass on, and the youngest grow into their shells and start to truly mature, they learn from the elders that still remain. They learn the language of their kind, they learn how to find food, how to avoid the dangers of the land, and many of them hear of the great Dimos. However like many of their teachings, Tumulose are not particularly strict in their teachings, and many of the younger generation hear the tales, but put no real stock behind them. It's not that they don't believe in Dimos, it's just that they have little care for what he did for the previous generation, and few Tumulose are far-sighted enough to realizes that he could help them out as well.
In effect the entire population has at least heard of Dimos, but only about 1/4 of the increased population will start to worship him due to learned respect.

Turn 2.2, 3A-3B, The slow expansion
As new generations are born, and the population of the Tumulose increases, the amount of space they have at their disposal decreases. What once seemed appealing feeding grounds start to feel crowded to the solitude loving giants, and so, like many other creatures, they start to move on. The plains of 3B once seemed to infertile for the Tumulose to truly want to live there, the rivers are few and far between, leaving little growth except wide open fields of grass, as far as the eye can see. Some of the Tumulose however are not perturbed. Four in total trod their way across 3B, searching for whatever streams, lakes, or oasis they can find, and making themselves a new home. Of those four, two of them worship Dimos, and while the others by now have at least heard of him, they have yet to personally accept him as more than a figure from the past.

Dr Bwaa
2009-01-28, 12:37 AM
Khiir, Group 3, Turn 1 Wrap-up

Master Viikh considers Eliyanna for over a minute before giving his verdict, during which time all the other Khiir come over and stand behind him, watching intently. "How can the Khiir defeat Strongbeast, Other Eliyanna Shadran? We will listen to what you have to offer us."

This group of Khiir will listen and attempt to learn from Eliyanna for as long as she remains with them, trying to learn whatever she tries to teach them (if it will help them to defeat the Strongbeasts).

I don't know how I missed your post for so long! Sorry about that!

Khiir, Turn 2 Update

As the young replace the old, the packs of the Khiir grow larger and younger. There are at least two clear reasons for this. One: Many of the new generation have been very quick to pick up the Flaming abilities of their parents. More , more powerful Flamers in a pack allows that pack to hunt larger, stronger prey, and even some Beasts who not long ago thought to steal Khiir eggs and young. Better hunting has allowed the packs to swell in number.

The increased prevalence of Flaming, however, especially amongst youngsters, has caused an uptick in the forest fire frequency. While luckily nothing disastrous has occurred so far, the elders are worried for the future, and the elders themselves are disappearing at an alarming rate: as soon as a Khiir can no longer run as fast as its pack or produce flame, it is generally only a short time before some predator, lucky or desperate, makes a grab for it. Indeed, no solution has yet been found for the Strongbeasts, which continue to prey on the Khiir, and more Strongbeasts seem to appear each week.

One proud male has told stories of when he and a couple friends went into the woods, alone, and found a Strongbeast nest, with a baby Strongbeast inside, sleeping next to its mother. This Khiir and his friends claimed, when they returned triumphantly to their pack, that they had slain the Strongbeast young! But few, if any of their pack members believed them, and the pack Master beat the tale-telling Khiir for his stupidity, his recklessness, and his disobedience.

This young Khiir, whose name is Khoraag, stood up after his beating, and declared that he had told the truth. Turning, he appealed to his friends, and declared that he was leaving, if the elders he answered to could not see new wisdom in front of them. Five of his best friends--the ones who had accompanied him in the first place-- left with him, with the intention to put an end to the Strongbeasts, to become strong enough to slaw them--they just knew it could be done.

Allowed to leave, the sextet ran into another pack of Khiir on their way towards unoccupied lands. When asked how they were traveling with so few, Khoraag replied, "We left our pack because they were weak of mind. We go to put an end to the Strongbeasts." Upon laying out their plan, most of the pack, including their Master, agreed with Khoraag's old Master--he was suicidal. However, this Khiir's diplomatic streak shone through, and when he asked his pack if there were any who thought this plan of action possible, several responded. These were allowed to leave the pack, swelling Khoraag's new pack (for he was unquestionably the Master) to ten members, as he sets out into unoccupied territory in search of strength.

Khoraag's new pack (pack 14 now) is headed into 2C.

Zweanslord
2009-01-28, 03:54 AM

At first, his plan seems to have success. No longer does the sword seem stuck in the world as it nudged downward a bit. It seemed that it was loosened and that a quick pull would get it loose. But, unfortunately, Brisivous' pull could not get it loose. This seemed remarkable to him, as it seemed that the sword would be easily pulled out, even on closer examination. But no matter how much Brisivous would pull or push, the sword would not budge even an inch. It was as if the sword was ignoring Brisivous' being..

Jerian_Rumple
2009-01-28, 11:07 PM
Khiir, Group 3, Turn 1 Wrap-up, Eliyanna Shadran

"Listen close, Khiir. Strongbeast are large. Strongbeast are strong. But Strongbeast are not smart. Khiir do not have to kill Strongbeast to defeat it. Khiir must be smarter than Strongbeast. When a Strongbeast finds the pack, run away from the nest. Save the young Khiir first. Then, split up slowly. Make the Strongbeast chase less and less Khiir. Then, when down to just one Khiir, one Khiir can hide well. Look in trees, bushes, holes in ground. Strongbeast will not chase just one Khiir for very long. Then all will be good. Think and learn from me, Khiir. I must go, but I will think on the Strongbeast problem and give even better answers when I come again. Think, plan, improve. Together we shall end the Strongbeast trouble!" With that, Eliyanna Shadran quickly scurries back into the forest, rapidly hiding herself from view before disappearing. She had others to visit.

((Spend 1 Teaching Point aiding Stealth))

Coleoidea, Turn 1 Wrap-up, Eliyanna Shadran

"Remember what I have taught you, young one. Practice it. Teach it to others. I shall return when you have done so." With that, Eliyanna hides herself again and disappears. She sensed something great was on the horizon.

((Spend 1 teaching point aiding Camoflage))

Turn 2.1, B1, Point of Interest, Eliyanna Shadran

Eliyanna Shadran returns to the world, pondering what to tell her chosen beings. "Ah well. I'll figure it out in due time. First, I need to figure out what that strange point on the map was. If I'm right, it should be somewhere around here..." Then, she sees it....

Dr Bwaa
2009-01-28, 11:47 PM
Khiir pack 3, Turn 2

This pack is having vastly more success than others in dealing with the Strongbeasts. The strategy Eliyanna outlined, while counter to the Khiir's aggressive nature, has proven effective already in preventing casualties amongst the pack. After the first couple times seeing it work, and seeing all the Khiir meet back up, alive, if tired, Master Viikh praises Eliyanna's strategy, and most of the pack echoes his respect. Some of the newest generation of Khiir are unhappy, those who were too young to remember the Other's visit, and think that the Khiir should instead fight the Strongbeasts. Master Viikh, however, will brook no such disobedience, and for now, they run.

Zweanslord
2009-01-29, 06:18 PM
OOC: Whoops, missed you there, Jerian.

Turn 2.1, B1, Point of Interest, Eliyanna Shadran

As Eliyanna moves through the jungle, she arrives at the indicated location. There, she beholds a strange circular object sticking on one of the branches.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3852/bracersofspeednh6.png

It seems to be an expertly made bracer. It has a nice pattern on it, which seems to shimmer.
If Eliyanna were to try and pull the bracer off the branch, she would fail. It seems stuck as she pulls, though there are no visual cues on how it would be stuck.

Lykainon
2009-01-29, 06:38 PM
OOC: I think you've missed me too, Zweans. My last post had Dimos trying to locate another POI.

Jerian_Rumple
2009-01-29, 06:39 PM
Turn 2.1-2.2, B1 and B3, Eliyanna Shadran

Eliyanna climbs the tree slowly, less agilely than a spider should in all honesty. Climbing up to the branch, she looks over the bracer that is currently too large for her legs, even all the way at the tops of them. "Huh. Odd. I wonder if..."

With that, she bites the bracer and tugs at it with her mouth. After spending about half a minute on that, she gives up. "Useless spider body. Hmm, I wonder what is at some of those other points?" Slowly she fades from view.

After a brief stop in the Outer Plane, during which she discovered that two of the other points had been disturbed, she decided to go to the last remaining point, out in the unprotected expanse of the plains...

Zweanslord
2009-01-29, 06:43 PM
OOC: Yes I did not notice Dimos' visit to 2C, but even if I had, I would not have replied. 2C has been approached by Brisivous. I am not going to repeat what is there for each Immortal visiting it, look at previous responses if the location is visited. The pictures should be a dead give away to which posts they are.

Turn 2.2, B3, Point of Interest, Eliyanna Shadran

As Eliyanna walks, she notices a small stream leading to a pond. The shallow pond has vegetation around it and even a few trees. Under one of the trees, a hanging tree, something seems to shimmer. Approaching, she will see a translucent white orb laying on a stone. It seems to have some white light around it, setting it apart from anything natural.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3158/orboflightaz4.png

Similar as the last, if Eliyanna tries to move the orb from the rock, it will not move. Not even an inch of movement is possible with Eliyanna's efforts. Which is odd, since the rock seems slippery from the water.

GreenDelusion
2009-01-29, 07:19 PM
Turn 2.4, Perivigilo, 1A
The birth rates of the three clans left in the mountains have significantly declined, but both the Twomoons and Darkhide clans are still growing. Partly because of desperation for more moonlight, and partly to avoid the increasingly frequent hunting skirmishes, the Darkhide clan moves east, to the forests.

Lykainon
2009-01-29, 07:22 PM
OOC: D'oh, you're right. I screwed up. I meant for him to go to one of the non-explored ones (which would be B1 now I suppose). Is it okay if I edit the post or should I roll with it?

Jerian_Rumple
2009-01-29, 10:20 PM
((OOC: I just finished exploring B1 lol sorry. It's the one with the bracer up a few.))

Lykainon
2009-01-30, 03:01 AM
OOC: Oh, snap. My attention isn't what it should be. :smallyuk: I got to get to a seminar now but I'll edit my last post into something fitting later.

Zweanslord
2009-01-30, 03:01 PM
End of Turn 2, Start of Turn 3

All the points of interest have been explored and now, one has disappeared as Dimos has taken the object that lay on the location.

Map

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/1166/map3ow2.png

OOC: Next turn will start in 3 full days.

Sorry for the missed movement, GreenDelusion.

Jerian_Rumple
2009-01-30, 03:34 PM
Eliyanna Shadran, Turn 2 Wrap-up

Having discovered yet another strange object that she couldn't move, Eliyanna retires to the Outer Plane in a huff. She spends the remainder of the turn puzzling over the artifacts and watching the races and other Immortals through the viewing pool.

Turn 3.1, Eliyanna Shadran, Khiir Pack 3, 3C

Eliyanna returns to the pack that she had for so long forsaken. She waits until the pack returns from the hunt, and then her voice echoes out through the trees where she has hidden herself. "Viikh! Master Viikh of the Khiir. I, the Other Eliyanna Shadran, return. I have felt your pack in my heart, and I have returned to thank you. If you would I would speak to you and the Khiir again."

Rogue_Dragon
2009-01-31, 12:20 PM
Tumulose, 2.END
It has been a rather peaceful time for the Tumulose. Some meandered their way to a new land, but despite it's less fertile nature, it was essentially the same that they had seen before. Really, there were no great advancements throughout their species. The peaceful life has maybe helped the Tumulose to live slightly longer and healthier lives, and for some their shells seem to be slightly thicker than they used to be, but very little else has happened. No immortals returned to them, no new threats presented themselves, and really, nothing interesting happened.
EP:
Fiberization +1->4
Shell +1->4
Body+2->5(age 2 now)

GreenDelusion
2009-01-31, 12:47 PM
Turn 2 END, Perivigilo

The Perivigilo are beginning to explore their world, moving away from their mountains in search of more moonlight. As a result, their wings have grown stronger, and they have become better able to extract nutrients from the failing moonlight.

EP Expenditure
Body +1-->3
Gliding +1-->3
Lunar Feeding +2-->3
((Also, the Darkhide clan (40 Perivigilos, or 1.25 Pop Units) moved to square 1B. Did you miss that, or are they still moving?))

Lykainon
2009-01-31, 02:40 PM
Turn 3.0, Point of Interest, 2C, Dimos

After managing to locate another one of these strange objects, this time a sword seemingly stuck in the ground, Dimos noticed that it appeared as if someone had already tried to loosen the sword. Apparently unsuccessfully but perhaps it could make his own attempt easier?

What had worked once before might work again, he decided and took a firm grip of the sword, in case it behaved like the scarf once free, and placed his other hand on the ground beneath it.

"Mistress, please aide me once again..." He mumbled as he blasted lightning straight into the ground.

OOC: Dimos' attempt to meet with the other immortals is still on, probably at 3.1 or so. This is just a little detour. :smallamused:

Zweanslord
2009-01-31, 03:03 PM
Turn 3.0, 2C, Point of Interest, Dimos

And so, by blasting the ground, the sword got looser until eventually, it just fell down, no longer being able to be kept up by the earth. Dimos was not able to stop the blade from falling, as during its fall it felt heavier than anything he had ever felt before. The sword fell to the ground and was now lying on rock. Dimos could not lift it from the ground.

Lykainon
2009-01-31, 03:07 PM
Turn 3.0, 2C, Point of Interest, Dimos

After attempting to lift the sword for quite a while without any success Dimos began realizing that he wouldn't be able to do so. Not right now, anyway. But he certainly could hide it, if he couldn't have it, none of his peers would either. Not without his permission anyway.

Before hiding it though, he made a last attempt to lift it. But not through sheer physical force but by lightly touching it and trying to master it spiritually.

If that did not work, he would cover it up in mud, dirt and plants, along with the place where it had stood, doing his best to hide it from anyone's sight.

Dr Bwaa
2009-01-31, 08:18 PM
Khiir, Turn 2 Wrap-up

The Khiir have continued to swell their numbers, where packs once consisted of a mere fifteen individuals, some are now as big as twice that. This has come about largely as a result of vastly increased ability to hunt and kill prey, inspired by the newer generation's proficiency with Flaming. The creatures of the forest have begun to recognize the sounds of the Khiir language, however, and begin fleeing before the Khiir even get there, so all packs have developed some small sense of stealth while sneaking up upon a herd of prey. These groups, adapting to their newer, stronger Flaming abilities, have developed new, more effective strategies for taking down prey quickly and efficiently.

Among most packs of Khiir, the Strongbeast still reigns as a terror of the wood. Pack 3 has had much success in escaping through the strategy that one Other Eliyanna Shadran taught them long ago; though fewer and fewer of the pack even remember her, they all are taught her lessons.

Pack 14, Khoraag's pack of Strongbeast-hunters, has had remarkable success, through a combination of brash luck and true skill. By Khoraag's lead, the pack has learned much about the Strongbeasts themselves, and has killed several of their nesting Young, while the skin is still soft. They must still hunt other prey for sheer survival, but one effect of their hunting of the Strongbeasts is that, in this region, the beasts have begun to view the Khiir with some wariness. They will still hunt the Khiir, but Khoraag has assured his pack that the frequency of Strongbeast attacks has lessened. While Khoraag and his pack view this as vindication of their lifestyle, it has done nothing to help those Khiir they left behind (in C3).

Turn 3.1, Pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran

A Khiir steps forward as the rest of the pack gathers respectfully behind him. He is tall, and his fur is extremely dark in color. When he speaks, his voice is unmistakably that of Master Viikh, though the Khiir doesn't look the same. He is larger, and his fur much darker than the last time she saw him. "Other Eliyanna Shadran," he says, "Come out of your hiding-place! I will speak with you once more!" Once Eliyanna Shadran shows herself, Master Viikh grunts with approval. "Good! Your lesson was well-learned, and my pack avoids the Strongbeasts now, most of the time. What is it you wish to talk with me about, Other Eliyanna Shadran?"

Jerian_Rumple
2009-02-01, 11:28 AM
Turn 3.1, Khiir Pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran

Eliyanna comes out of her shadow to stand once more before the Khiir and Master Viikh. "Now, Master Viikh, I want to speak to you of two things. First. I have thought on the problem of the Strongbeast, and I think I know how to end the problem for all Khiir. Second, however, is more important. You must spread what I teach to all Khiir in order for it to work. I am here for the benefit of all Khiir. You are my chosen pack, and I will always pick you over any other Khiir, but the other Khiir must know. They must know about how to hide, and the new trick I will teach you today. Do you understand?"

Dr Bwaa
2009-02-01, 01:00 PM
Khiir pack 3, Turn 3.1, Eliyanna Shadran

"I understand," says Master Viikh. "What do you have to teach me? How do I teach other Khiir? I stay in my territory. They stay in theirs. We do not talk to them; how would we teach?"

Jerian_Rumple
2009-02-01, 03:13 PM
Turn 3.1, Khiir Pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran

I am here. Other Others are too. It is a time of change. You must go to the other territories and talk to them. Do not go to take control. Go to help. It will take many, many Khiir to stop the Strongbeasts. More than your pack. This is for all Khiir. I do this to help all Khiir. As for what I teach, listen well..."

Eliyanna goes on to describe a plan similar to the one being used already by the renegade pack, although she doesn't know it. To hunt the Strongbeasts would take a whole pack using her plan. Once a Strongbeast nest was located, about half the pack would become visible to the Strongbeast guarding the nest. As it charged off to defend its nest, that half would use Eliyanna's original strategy to avoid casualties. Meanwhile, the other half of the pack would descend on the nest and kill all the young Strongbeasts. If the nest had more than one guardian, the pack would be split into thirds, and so on. In short, Eliyanna proposes a way to wage all-out war on the Strongbeast population, using deception, trickery, and guile.

"Now please, Master Viikh, take your Khiir to the other territories. I will go with you as long as I can. We shall teach the other Khiir together."

Dr Bwaa
2009-02-02, 12:38 AM
Turn 3.1, Khiir pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran

OOCfor simplicity I'll say that it takes about 0.1 turn to travel between packs.

Master Viikh considers Eliyanna's plan as she puts it forward. Some of the Khiir behind him are clearly frightened; some are not; many begin talking during her presentation and Master Viikh has to tell them to be quiet (which they immediately do). After she finishes, he says, "Can we eat Strongbeasts? Are you sure it works, Other Eliyanna Shadran?"

Assuming she assures them of these things, Master Viikh declares that the rest of the night be spent searching out a Strongbeast nest, and that tomorrow they will attempt Eliyanna's strategy.

It takes two days to find a nest, but once they do, the Khiir spring into action very well. Half of the pack, led by a Khiir named Jool, stands near the nest and begin shrieking, waking the Beast immediately and it shortly charges its foes. It soon becomes evident that Strongbeasts are not well-suited to hunting at night, as the Khiir escape easily and Master Viikh and the rest of the pack fall upon the two young Beasts left behind. Their Flame pierces the young hide, and the Beasts are slain. They are big, though, and as Eliyanna advises the Khiir to take them out of sight of the nest, they only have time t move one of the dead young before the crashing, stomping sounds of the adult Strongbeast return--followed shortly by a terrifying howl whine. There is a moment of fear as it seems that the Strongbeast may be able to smell out the Khiir, but its senses are either too dull or too overwhelmed to be of use, and the pack is fed for the night upon the Strongbeast young.

On the return home, Master Viikh tells Eliyanna that he is convinced. "We will travel, soon, to another Pack," he declares. We shall teach them to fight like us, and they will fight the Strongbeasts for us!"

3.2, Packs 3 and 8

The next night, the pack begins a short journey West, and after a few relatively uneventful nights of hunting ad resting, Master Viikh raises one claw and the pack stops. "We are entering another pack's territory now. Everyone stay alert." They continue moving, slightly slower, and it is not until the next evening that Master Viikh raises a claw again. "Stop. They are very close by." He calls, then, into the forest. "Khiir! Khiir, we come not for your food! We bring the Other Eliyanna Shadran to teach you to defeat the Strongbeasts!"

Out of the forest, then, materialize an entire pack of Khiir. One, with much lighter fur than Master Viikh's and a deep blue foreplate, steps forward and addresses him. "You are wise to declare intentions forthrightly, Elder," says the Khiir. He is smaller and leaner than Master Viikh; his voice smooth and soft. Yet, he holds the attention of all the assembled Khiir, looking across at each other from behind their respective Masters. "Had you not, you and your pack would have been killed. What is an Other Eliyanna Shadran? How can it defeat the Strongbeasts? Show me!"

Master Viikh pulls himself to his full height. "I have come with helpful information for you and your pack. You would do well not to attempt to command me. I am Master Viikh. What is your name, Young Master?"

"I am Master Brii. And while you are in my territory, Master Viikh, you will do as I say, or you and your pack will be asked to leave at once." Master Brii parts his lips ever so slightly, now, and blows a long, steady stream of fire into the air between the two Pack Masters. "Do I make myself clear, Master Viikh?"

Master Viikh takes a step back. "Of course, Master Brii. I will respect your word for as long as I must remain in your land. Now, Other Eliyanna Shadran, if you will step forward to speak with Master Brii."

Once she does, Master Brii glances at her briefly, then says to Master Viikh, "What is this, but a large spider? How can it help me to defeat Strongbeasts?"

Zweanslord
2009-02-04, 03:01 AM
End of Turn 3, Start of Turn 4

Time flies by, as usual.

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/1166/map3ow2.png

OOC Next turn will start in 11 hours and 3 full days.
And yes, same map as last turn. Coleoidea will be replaced if/when a new species is accepted.

Jerian_Rumple
2009-02-05, 10:52 AM
Turn 3 Wrap-up, Khiir Territory, Eliyanna Shadran

"Listen close, Master Brii. I have discovered a safe way to end the problem of the Strongbeast. It has been tested and found to work by Master Viikh and his pack. However, we must teach it to all the Khiir for it to truly work well, and end the problems of the Strongbeast. That is why we came to you. Will you listen?"

Assuming Master Brii listens, Eliyanna teaches the same technique to the new pack. Eliyanna will continue her travels with Master Viikh until Turn 3.8. After Turn 3.8, she turns to Master Viikh.

"I am sorry, Master Viikh, but I fear I am needed at my home. I promise to return to the Khiir soon. We have done much to aid the Khiir. You, friend, have done well." After his reply (if there is one) she scurries off into the forest and dematerializes to the Outer Plane.

((Spent 1 TP on Hiding and Sneaking))

GreenDelusion
2009-02-05, 12:57 PM
Turn 3 END, Perivigilo
Nothing has really changed for the Perivigilo, on the whole. Their wings have grown stronger, and their sight has improved.

The Twomoons clan has changed leadership. Moon's Gift, the elder of the two albinos, has died, and Secondmoon is no longer young. However, a new albino was born recently, and Secondmoon, always a very radically inclined perivigilo, has been shaping this new leader towards his philosophy.

EP Expenditure
Body +1-->4
Gliding +1-->4
Perception +2-->4

Rogue_Dragon
2009-02-05, 05:50 PM
Turn 3.END
Once again very little happened to the behemoths of the plains. They went about their daily lives, once again growing bored, wandering the great plains alone, and with no-one and nothing to keep their minds occupied. Some started spending their time more closely examining their surroundings, while others spent it merely walking as far as they could, to see what new strange things they could find. While neither kind really learned or saw much, they did manage to work their bodies out more, something that carried over to the younger generations. However as time goes by, older generations pass on, and memories start to fade. Few now truly remember the deeds of Dimos in aiding the trapped elder, and while many still recognize him as an elder, his following is starting to diminish, only slightly, but perhaps noticeably for an immortal.
EP expenditure: +2body-> 6 +2 senses-> 3

Turn 4.0 3C, The New World, Khiir Lands.
The slow walking of the Tumulose has finally lead them to the edges of the plains. They have had glimpses of the great expanse of the ocean front, seen the rolling hills to the north, and everything in between, but something that they have only recently noticed is far more intriguing for them. The enormous forests of Khiir. Though the Tumulose do not know what lies within the forest, a few of them are willing to brave the unknown, simply for the huge amount of food that they see all around them. Trees, a delicacy, as far as their eyes can see. So tall that even the huge Tumulose can not see over them all, and some so thick that they can not be knocked over. While some Tumulose think it may be too good to be true, some simply can't resist the urge to explore this new utopia. A total of 4 Tumulose enter into the Forest. 2 males, who separate from everyone, and go to explore the forest solo, and 2 females, who actually entered the forest in search for a good safe place to nest together. The males tend to go up streams and rivers, trying to stay near the paths through the trees caused by the rivers, where they can more easily maneuver. The females however take the simplest route, they go around the forest, traveling along the coastline until they come to a comfortable looking clearing large enough for them to build a nest in. Then they merely sit around talking and eating from the numerous nearby trees. None of the Tumulose are particularly aggressive, looking over new creatures with interest, but being careful not to accidentally step on anything that they can avoid. The noise they make however might not seem so friendly, the crunching and crashing of massive trees, as well as their booming voices when they talk to each other. And while the females are not aggressive, they quickly (relatively quickly at least) place themselves between new creatures and their eggs, crushing without hesitation anything that they feel is trying to harm their young.

Dr Bwaa
2009-02-05, 10:50 PM
Turn 3 Wrap-up, Khiir Packs 3 and 8 (and beyond)

Master Brii agrees to listen to what Eliyanna has to say, and over the next several nights, the two packs together have chances to implement both the running away from, and, later, the attacking of, the Strongbeasts. The pack learns well from this, and Master Brii eventually praises Eliyanna as "wise." When she decides to move on, however, Master Viikh tells her that his pack will not accompany her any further. "If we stray from our homeland for too long, other packs will move into it, take it over, and we will no longer have a territory, food of our own. We must return."

What does happen, however, is that if Eliyanna asks around, four young Khiir of Master Brii's pack volunteer to go. A few of Master Viikh's pack seem to hold the same opinion, but he has been very clear that the pack will stay together. However, Master Brii gives his youngsters permission to travel with the other Eliyanna Shadran and continue her teachings, for the good of all Khiir.

With these four Khiir, whose names are Iiko, Vaal, Shoo and Boo, Eliyanna travels to and teaches two more packs (packs 9 and 10) about the killing of Strongbeasts, and of the fleeing from them. In pack nine, this goes just as smoothly as it did in pack 8. Iiko has taken the name of Master Iiko for this very small pack he leads, and seems to impress the Master of pack 9.

When the Khiir in pack 10 attack a Strongbeast nest, however, something goes wrong. Another Strongbeast, materializing seemingly out of nowhere, stomps into the nest as it perceives the threat to its kin, and several Khiir are killed before they can flee. Even Iiko and his pack are shaken, and Master Aaol of pack 10 declares that such risks are not worth the trouble, even though eliminating the Strongbeasts would be highly desirable.

OOCEliyanna, you may continue how you deal with this situation in your next post.
Overall wrap-up

The Khiir overall have gotten considerably better at sneaking around, and several packs now hunt the Strongbeasts, at least when they stumble upon a nesting site. They have also begun to learn better how to evade the Strongbeasts. This includes Khoraag's pack, which has swelled in size and is enjoying a roving lifestyle with such a huge, unclaimed forest ahead of them, which seems to be devoid of any other Khiir that they have seen. In their wake, the pack that they split from originally (pack 13) has indeed noticed slightly less Strongbeast activity in recent weeks, and their territory has expanded to include parts of C2.

EP Allocation:Perception +1 ---> 3
Hierarchy +1 ---> 4
Flame Glands +1 ---> 3
Fire Breath +1 ---> 3

Khiir turn 4.0, C3

Several packs of Khiir have noticed huge, massive, enormous creatures stomping through their forests. They seem practically armored, and they are much larger than anything Khiir has tried to prey upon. When they come--and they are easy to hear coming--the Khiir scatter, hiding between trees and watching the giants lumber past. They have not yet earned the title of either Beast or Prey, but they have made hunting harder already for the packs they are near, as the Prey in the area awakens to, then runs screaming from, the stomping of the huge creatures.

Rogue_Dragon
2009-02-06, 02:43 AM
Turn 4.4 3C, Khiir lands, Settling in
As time goes by, the newness of the land starts to wear off, and the Tumulose find that they don't really need to wander. They can simply sit alone in a clearing, studying the world around them, eating what food they want from all around them. Eventually, the creatures in the area get used to the massive behemoths, as they often will to new herbivores, regardless of size. The eggs of the females finally hatch, and the young take to riding on the back of their parents, though in this more sedentary life style they often end up playing in streams and ponds nearby. The adults, occasionally journey to see one another, talking of anything new that they had seen, or asking about new kinds of trees or animals, but, and occasionally another Tumulose will come in from the plains, asking how living in the forest is going, before returning to the others in the flat-lands. While they are still somewhat noisy, the Tumulose become increasingly predictable, tending to stay by themselves, or with a few young, in their clearings, and simply watching forest life go by.

Zweanslord
2009-02-06, 05:32 AM
The Coleoidea are replaced with the Sathid

While nobody was looking, the Coleoidea are suddenly replaced with the Sathid, who from that point on were believed to have been there for a longer time.

Map Update

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2097/map4ep9.png

OOC Also incorporated Tumulose movement. Reminder: Turn ends in 1 day and 8.5 hours from this post.

Lumovanis
2009-02-06, 08:07 AM
Turn 4.0 Sathid Lands (C1)

The desert. On the best of days an unforgiving wasteland to most, but it is what the Sathid call home. The region has begun to expand and dry out even further, a seemingly impossible occurrence. Morning mists from the seas are shorter then they once were, oases dry up more and more each day. Prey is harder to find, and plants wither and die even in the most fertile regions of the area.

Battles over new territory and food sources between rival tribes have grown fierce over the past few weeks, causing great shifts in each of the primary tribes' territories. Successful hatchings are few and far between, as the environment and social conditions worsen.

(The following are each tribe as it currently stands)

Sev: Currently holding the most valuable territory in the northwestern corner, they are fairly content with themselves. Their warriors fought fiercely, and they absorbed a small tribe. They have access to water and access to adequate food.

Vak: Currently holding the majority of the nesting sites among the canyons of the southeastern region. While these are valuable, the food in the area is a bit light for their number.

Mep: Rather than clash with the warriors of Sev, the Mep have moved into the southwestern region. The area's food supply is adequate, though water is a bit scarce.

Rel: Currently forced into the unfavorable northeastern regions. Food is scarce and water only slightly better. The Rel were once one of the more powerful tribes, but were not prepared to battle the vicious Sev. They lost many warriors and were pushed back, losing much of their territory.

Lumovanis
2009-02-06, 08:54 AM
Turn 4.3 Sathid Lands (C1)

The sky begins to darken as the sun sets. Warriors from the Mep Tribe push further west in search of new food sources. The four lithe creatures dart across the sandy landscape, the flick of their wings kicking up small clouds of dust in their wake. They pause when one pauses to 'taste' the air that blows from the west with it's antennae. It turns to its companions and begins excitedly flitting about with exaggerated movements and making slight noises with the buzzing of it's wings.

New Food!, New Water!

The others flick their antennae through the air a moment and begin chittering with excitement. The four begin to move faster now towards the source of the taste.

4 members of the Mep tribe move towards B1

--------------------------

A lone Sathid returns from a successful hunt to his Sev brethren. The dead creatures it carries tightly secured by the teeth of it's claws. Two warriors slide out from within the sand dune before him. They all pause a moment, flicking their antennae. One of the warriors flicks its wings and does a short bobbing motion.

Welcome brother!

The hunter flicks his wings and bobs once.

Look, food!

The three chitter excitedly, speeding back towards the rest of the tribe, where they are greeted accordingly. The hunter releases his catch, the small lizard-like creatures it caught falling into the sand. The Khan steps forward accepting the offering, poking one of the lizards with one of it's claws and flicking an antennae across it. He flicks his wings and scrapes his upper pair of claws together.

New food, good! Where?

The hunter pauses before flicking his wings and pointing west. He then Performs a series of erratic movements and wing-flicking.

Wet place. Full of food, good nest

The Khan bobs excitedly. With a chitter, and a flick of his wings he gathers the tribe around. He then begins a short, erratic series of movements that ends with a scraping of his lower claws.

You bring warriors. Search for new nest.

The hunter and three warriors move west, eager for new territory, yet wary of possible new foes.

4 members of the Sev tribe move towards B1

Lumovanis
2009-02-06, 07:12 PM
Turn 4.6 Sathid Lands (C1)

Members of the Vak Tribe gather around the nest. It had been two months since the last successful hatching, and they were hopeful. Moments later, the Nest Warden slowly moves out of the small cave. Flicking her wings, she makes a series of slow movements.

None survived

The posture of the tribe droops. Another unsuccessful hatching.

-------------------------------------

The few remaining members of the Rel tribe gather around their new Khan. The hunt was small, just barely enough food to go around. There were no oases fruits, so the tribe must head to the shore for a mist in the morning to satiate their thirst. The small group quickly consumes the small rodent creatures brought back from the hunt. The meal is unsatisfying, but will sustain them for another day.

Rogue_Dragon
2009-02-07, 03:22 AM
Tumulose, Turn 4.End
Time continues to pass the Tumulose by with relatively little major change. Most still wander the great open plains, though a few have dared venture into the forests with little incident. The greatest change that has been noticed amongst them is a relatively minor one, the newer generations have shown to have longer and longer necks, and in some their tongues have split into two, allowing them to almost grab a hold of trees and twigs with their tongues alone, though few ever bother to, since their jaws can grab and hold whatever they wish. Sometimes their newly developed tongues allow them to rip up roots and other bits of plants that could otherwise have been inaccessible, but generally, show little affect, other than a slight change in the pronunciation of some words. The longer necks however have proved more usefulll, in allowing the Tumulose to reach more easily into rock crevices or up to the topmost levels of some of the tallest trees, but more importantly, they have allowed many Tumulose access to their own backs, where there is almost always a small cache of plants which the Tumulose can munch on when times are desperate.

The young that were born within the forest have mostly spread out, back into the planes for the time being, telling others of where they grew up, and what a wonderfully peaceful place the forest was. Many of the young will likely return after they have wandered the plains for awhile, if not to live there, then at least to nest in the amazing abundant flora of the Forest.

EP Expenditure:
Body age 2, +2pts= 2->3
Food +2pts= 0->2
Population Changes:
New population is going into C2
Shared population of C3 began this turn, with 1 pop unit.

Lumovanis
2009-02-07, 04:59 AM
Sathid, Turn 4.end

While not all tribes had successful hatchings, Mep and Sev's population grows. The new generation appears to have great hunting potential, and the tribes seek to tap into it. The hunt for new food has lifted the spirits of the Sev tribe and the four hunters of the Mep tribe.

Changes in the climate, and scarcity of food have forced the Sathid become more adept hunters. Tracking down prey has become much more difficult and requires them to use their senses to the fullest, while their ability to ambush their prey requires even greater patience and timing. With each generation, the Sethid become more and more efficient hunters.

EP:
Perception +1 = 2 -> 3
Stealth +1 = 2 -> 3
Culture +1 = 0 -> 1
Food +1 = 2 -> 3

Population Changes:
New population unit is divided into C1 as follows:
Sev +0.5 (+4), Mep +0.5 (+4)

Movement:
4 members of Sev (0.5 population unit) from C1 into B1
4 members of Mep (0.5 population unit) from C1 into B1

Jerian_Rumple
2009-02-07, 11:50 AM
Turn 4.0-4.End

((OOC: Sorry all, I thought this had posted the first time.))

Khiir Lands

After her failure with the last Khiir pack, Eliyanna heads back to the Outer Plane to consider her next course of action. From there, she observes the Sahid as well, and plans...

No races see hide nor hair of her throughout Turn 4.

Zweanslord
2009-02-07, 02:38 PM
End of Turn 4, Start of Turn 5

As the Sathid get a chance to move about the world, the Khiir see some large Tumolose and the central hills are nicely devoid of sentient life.

Map

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2040/map5xq9.png

OOC: Next turn starts in 3 full days.

Dr Bwaa
2009-02-07, 03:57 PM
Khiir, Turn 4 Summary

The actions of Eliyanna Shadran have stirred several of the Khiir to go to new lengths to begin hunting the Strongbeasts, to turn the tables on them. This is made easier by the rapid development of the Khiir's Flaming capabiblities, and as they develop more complex plans, their language develops alongside, to express them. The Strongbeast population in several areas of C3 has diminished, as well as anywhere near Khoraag's pack in C2, which has been remarkably successful under their strong leader, who they still revere. Despite his getting on in age, Khoraag is still a formidable opponent, and has personally slain several Strongbeast young.

Several groups of Khiir, who found their nests overrun by enormous Loud Things, have chosen to seek a place away from these creatures where food is more plentiful and can be kept around--the movements of the Loud Things at night has done horrible things to their hunting, so three packs have moved into C2.

1.5 Population units move to C2, making that 2 population units there, with a Food-based population max of 4. New population unit is going in C2 as well, making that 3 population units with a max of 4, and I think the Tumulose are only taking up 1 over there.

EP: Body +1 ---> 4
Language +1 ---> 4
Flame Glands +1 ---> 4
Breathe Fire +1 ---> 4

Turn 5.0, pack 3

When Master Viikh and his pack return home after a long absence, what they find is not the rival pack in their territory as they had expected. Rather, it is something entirely different: a huge creature, which the Khiir did not even recognize was a creature when they arrived home at first, awakens during the night, and its huge rumblings first startle the pack half to death, , and once they realize what is going on, they stop to watch.

The behemoth lumbers across the clearing (now vacated by the Khiir), and simply begins to chew on a tree. Having identified it as Not A Beast, Master Viikh orders the pack to move out, but they soon realize that food is scarce. Whatever this new creature is, it is clearly scaring away the Prey that used to live hear with its mammoth rumblings and crunchings. Midway through a fruitless night, Master Viikh calls the pack together, and explains the new plan.

The pack returns home, where the Creature still is. Master Viikh says quietly to the assembled pack, "I do not know if this is Prey or not. But it has chased away all other Prey! So, we shall see if we can make Prey out of it, and if not, then we can at least scare it away."

The pack moves, then, through the night, to encircle the lone creature in its small clearing. A quiet clicking, rattling noise signals the attack to begin.

OOC:And now I think I need Zweanslord to determine exactly what happens here. The Khiir attempt to Hunt the lone Tumulose the way they would hunt any other lone Prey: surround it, then fall upon it all at once and attack vulnerable areas with fire. They almost certainly can't do much against the shell, but they may well be small enough to just crawl inside the holes when it retreats its head and so on, so I don't know.

For reference, The Khiir Flame Glands and Fire Breath (melee) are at Rank 4, and the Tumulose Shell Defense is at Rank 4.

Myani
2009-02-07, 05:08 PM
Turn 5.1, B1, Darkhide Clan

Tumanis lands in the hills near the mountains of the Perivigilo, floating towards the Darkhide Clan near sunset.

"Hunters of the Night! Hail!" He pauses and waits for the waking Perivigilo to respond.

OOC:

The Avatar is floating and in ball form, with the spears stuck through his frame like the rest of the paraphernalia that grows on him. He looks kinda like a wire-frame ball thrown out into the jungle for a few weeks and retrieved (except that he's floating, I guess).

Turn 5.3, C3, Khiir lands

Tumanis reappears in the forests, extends his limbs and head from the ball they had been inhabiting in Perivigilo lands, and strides towards the deeper forest. Approaching a Khiir nest as nightfall approaches, Tumanis creaks and groans as he opens his mouth.

"Forest Dwellers! Hail and well met!" He takes a Spear of the Maker into hand, and settles into a crouch with the spear across his knees.

Rogue_Dragon
2009-02-07, 06:09 PM
C3, Turn 5.0, pack 3, "I hate the smell of Napalm on my back."
The day had gone much like any other, for one particular Tumulose. It had spent most of it's time eating from the tree-tops, and sleeping in it's own little clearing, and the rest of it's time watching the few forest critters which weren't too scared to come within it's sight. Then the Tumulose spotted a kind of creature that it thought was very rare, a very small lizard like thing, that usually ran as soon as it caught a glimpse of them, but now there were many of them, hiding in the forest all around it. The Tumulose tried to not scare them away, and just went about it's business, eating a little while it tried to carefully watch them, curious as to what they would do. The skittish little lizards did what he least expected, after a few strange sounds, they all charged at him. At first the Tumulose was not greatly worried, and merely retracted into his shell, as he would when charged by any other predator silly enough to think it could take him down, but once again, the tiny creatures did what he could never have expected. The very forest around him flared like a miniature sun, and the heat within his shell started to rise faster than he had thought possible. Even more terrifying some of the little creatures were trying to crawl into the tiny cracks left over when he pulled in his legs and head. It was obvious that these creatures were unlike anything that he had ever seen before, so the mighty Tumulose did what no other had done in many many generations. It tried to run away. The heat within it's shell would surely kill it if it merely hid, and the creatures would find their way into his shell and eat him alive. As rapidly as possible for a creature so big, He stood up, trying to trample any of the little creatures that got too close to his feet, or his massive head, and he made for the path he had found to the river, hoping that what worked on the ant-like creatures would likewise work on these tiny beasts, and he could be safe. Though it would surely be a hard fight to survive these vicious creatures. The noise that the mighty Tumulose made was probably the most noticeable of all his actions, the terrified cries of a creature that size, and the frenzied stomping of the forest around it, combined with the smoke and heat from the forest fire that would surely start, could likely be detected for quite a distance.
OOC:
I checked Tumulose perception vs Khiir stealth, and assumed that he could see you coming, though as you can tell, it didn't make much of a difference since he didn't think the Khiir were a threat. As for whether or not he escapes, damage to the Khiir tribe, etc. I'll leave that up to Z, and how much you wish to chase him, since your obviously faster than he is.

Lumovanis
2009-02-08, 12:32 AM
Turn 5.0, B1, Sev Tribe Welcome to the Jungle

The Sev hunter and his warrior escorts arrive at the edge of the thick jungle that the hunter had caught the lizards at. They stealthily creep into the jungle, their antennae flicking across every plant they come across. They are both curious and excited, but also wary of any dangers that may lie in wait.

Turn 5.1, B1, Mep Tribe

The hunters of the Mep tribe arrive at the edge of the jungle, their senses overwhelmed by the abundance of of life. The group's antennae flick from one plant to the next as they cautiously examine the local plant and animal life, quickly devouring any small creatures or fruits they come across.

Dr Bwaa
2009-02-08, 04:49 PM
Khiir pack 3, Turn 5.0, "Dear Gods this thing is huge."

As the huge creature retreats into its shell, the Khiir follow its exposed body parts into their crevices, blowing Flame into its shell. Very soon, all the limbs come rocketing back out, knocking many of the Khiir back. As the creature begins to flee, these leap back into the fray, clinging to its head, long neck, and legs, breathing fire into its flesh. When they fall, they can outrun the creature easily, and leap back onto it, but several Khiir get trampled in the process. It shrieks in pain, and as the animals of the forest flee in terror, the startled Khiir clinging to their Prey's head and neck lose their grip and fall in front of its deadly stomping feet. Master Viikh urges them onwards, and the tiny Khiir keep up the assault--even when, it its last stumbling steps, the huge creature falls right on Master Viikh, obliterating him immediately, but the Prey comes down, and the remaining, triumphant pack members set about the messy business of feasting on the enormous pile of steaming flesh.

5.3, Khiir Pack 2, Tumanis

At first, Tumanis sees nothing when he appears in the middle of the darkening forest. He waits for several minutes, patiently, for the creatures he had observed to show themselves. Eventually, they do, but not at all in the way he'd hoped for: the whole pack, as one, materializes from the forest around him, and he hears a hiss of a word: "Wait..."

A Flame appears in front of him, blown from the lips of the lizard who had spoken. All the others, as Tumanis looks around, are tensed, waiting, tails stretched out behind them and legs crouched in anticipation. Their intent could not be more clear. He doesn't have much time.

OOC:So sorry, Myani. You've got time for maybe two very short sentences before they attack (and destroy) Tumanis' Avatar. The chance supercube didn't love you today, I'm afraid.

Myani
2009-02-08, 05:37 PM
Turn 5.3, C3, Khiir Pack 2

Tumanis tenses, ready to spring, and cries out:

"Stay your breath or I strike!"

If the speaker pauses, and tries to speak, Tumanis replies. If he hears inhalation, he flings the spear at the speaker and jumps towards one side of the ring. (On the theory that one side's worth of fire is better than a whole ring's worth. Also, friendly fire.)

OOC:

If this turns into a forest chase as extensive as I think it might become, I might meet more Khiir in one night than I had planned . . .

We might need a new approach for next time.

Rogue_Dragon
2009-02-08, 08:02 PM
C3, Turn 5.0, Fall of the Giant
A booming wail echoes across the forest, as one of it's largest creatures is felled by the flames of the Khiir. The cry echoes through the darkened forest, a sure sign of the death of a giant, and a change in the forest. Some of the other Tumulose surely hear the terrified cry of their unfortunate kindred, and do what Tumulose have always done when they believe there to be great danger. They go into hiding. Though it might be somewhat difficult to believe a creature so large can hide, it's actually quite a bit easier than one might expect. They start spending more time within their shells, their heads barely outside, just enough to look around. The Tumulose also start trying to lay themselves down in areas where they can more easily reach food, without having to even stand up, reducing the noise they make on a regular basis, and with their necks slowly growing longer, they can clear a decent sized clearing without ever having to stand. Though on somewhat rare occasion they will still get up, and seek out other Tumulose, talking as they usually do about what they have seen, and if anything they have spotted seems dangerous enough to slay one of them. Though at first nothing becomes obvious, and while they of course realize that one of their kind has fallen, they do not know how or why it happened, and all the Tumulose are too afraid to visit the clearing where their friend was last heard.

C2, Turn 5.5, A desperate foe
Tumulose females usually pair up when nesting, to share the duties of guarding the nest and finding food. But in this place, so distant from most others of her kind, one female finds herself needing to nest, but no other females anywhere near, much less one that is likewise preparing to nest. So she builds one for herself. Dragging a few extra fallen logs, and bushes to the clearing she has chosen, and spending most of her time literally standing over her 3 eggs, occasionally actually falling asleep in the standing position. It is from just such a nap, that the young mother is suddenly and abruptly awoken by a severe pain in her leg. Looking down she see's a rather large creature with long tusks, and incredibly thick skin, mauling the middle leg on her right side, but what she see's that's far more terrifying is another one charging towards her, with a small group of younger beasts behind it. Without even thinking the defensive mother Tumulose does what they learn at a very young age to NEVER try. The pulls in the legs on her right side, and pushes with all her strength from her left, flipping herself over onto her side, crushing the nearest beast instantly, and creating an incredibly loud boom, as dirt rocks and parts of branches and bushes go flying into the air from the sudden impact of so large a creature onto the ground. The rear beast however is able to avoid the death trap immediately in front of it, and starts to circle the now immobilized mother. The Tumulose, terrified that the creature will soon reach her eggs, starts batting at it with her head, though disoriented by being upside down. The beast proves far stronger than she had originally anticipated, and while the eventually manages to land a fatal blow to the back of the creatures head, at the same time the beast manages to put a tusk directly into the path of the Tumulose's neck, forcing the Tumulose to impale itself to make the killing blow. The young beasts are obviously terrified, and run off into the forest. Leaving the mother Tumulose alone with her eggs, her sap like blood slowly dyeing the ground around her a yellowish green. At first she tries to call out, so that another Tumulose could come, and finish protecting her nest, but the viscous wound to her neck has left her unable to speak. So with the last of her energy, she pushes a few extra bushes and heaps of plants on top of her eggs, hoping that predators might miss them in the pile of greenery. Her vision fades, as she looks over the thin layer of protective vegetation, and she manages to whisper "At least they are safe." Before she gives in to the final sleep, hoping with all her being that the young manage to find their way to others of her kind before they are found by those that would do them harm.

Lumovanis
2009-02-09, 01:01 AM
Turn 5.3, B1, Mep Tribe The night has eyes

The Mep silently advance through the jungle, their antennae flicking about in the darkness. The clouds above have started to break, showing a glimpse of the moon for the first time in over two weeks. The Sathid continuously stop to carefully groom themselves. The moisture and humidity is uncomfortable for the desert creatures, though tolerable. A movement above the group causes them to become statue-like. A small flying creature glides from one tree to the next. Following its movement, the Sathid see it land near a few others, they appear to be basking in the moon's light. The Sev slowly approach the base of the tree, silently studying the creatures from their well-hidden places in the undergrowth. The Sathid cannot understand the creatures, especially at the distance they are, but are aware the creatures are communicating with one another.

Turn 5.4, B1, Sev Tribe Home away from home

The members of the Sev tribe come across a network of small caves. Their spirits pick up. The humidity made them uncomfortable, and it had been raining for the last 3 days straight. The weather had cleared, if only for a short while. They creep towards the cave, wary of possible inhabitants. The hunter flicks his antennae into the cave entrance. He tastes a strange mix of dead creatures and ... something else. Whatever it was, it was still inside. The hunter makes slow, careful body movements.

Dangerous! Be wary!

The others move in behind him as he moves into the cave opening. There is a sudden hiss, and a large serpent-like creature erupts from the cave, aiming to strike hunter. The Sathid however is much quicker, catching the creature's head mid-strike, and decapitating it in one motion. The Sev tribe pushes forward into the caves, aiming to eliminate the creatures and claim the cave as their own. Two more of the creatures fall prey to the deadly Sathid before the caves are fully secured.

They pause and groom themselves, chittering contentedly at one another. This place would shelter them from the horrid rain if it came back, and possibly make a new nest.

Lumovanis
2009-02-09, 02:16 PM
Turn 5.6, B1, Mep Tribe Spotted!

The Mep hunters slowly ascend the tree, creeping quietly from branch to branch. Despite the hunter's careful movements, they realize they have been spotted. The time for subtlety is over. The small creatures are horrified by what comes out of the jungle below, some of them leap away, gliding away towards different trees. The rest form a small group together, attempting to fend off the Sathid hunters. The Mep strike quickly, killing a few before an ineffective counter attack. The creature's teeth have a difficult time penetrating the hunter's thick chitin. After killing several of them, the remaining creatures dive towards other trees, trying to escape the enormous predators. The Sathid pause, and begin to divide and consume their spoils.

Turn 5.7, B1, Sev Tribe House Plants

The Sev group is fairly content with itself so far having claimed a new nest. A few hours of occupying the caves reveal a strange species of fungus which seems to draw ambient moisture and store it like a sponge. The strange plant is spread throughout the caves. They seem to keep the cave fairly dry, despite the humidity. The Sev find them quite tasty, and fast growing. They begin to wonder how the fungus would fare in desert caves.

Sathid, Turn 5.end
The Sathid tribes in the desert continue to pick at one another, but due to their declining hatchings, the raids are few and far between. The Sathid in the jungle have found it to be a lush environment, with lots of available food as well as other possible things of interest. The Sathid in the jungle have have also had their mating period triggered by the sudden change in environment. The lone female warrior with the Sev tribe and one of the Mep hunters attempt their first hatching in the jungle. The offspring are strong and healthy, likely due to the rich food supply.

EP:
Stealth: +1 = 3 -> 4
Perception: +1 = 3 -> 4
Body Age 2: +1 = 0 -> 1

Population:
Sev Tribe (B1): +2 (+0.25 population)
Mep Tribe (B1): +2 (+0.25 population)

Sev Tribe (C1): +2 (+0.25 population)
Vak Tribe (C1): +2 (+0.25 population)

Dr Bwaa
2009-02-10, 12:47 AM
5.3, Khiir pack 2, Tumanis

The Flame disappears, and is replaced with a few short words. "Quiet! What are you? A Beast? Why shouldn't we Hunt you?" The questions aren't spoken like questions; rather answers are demanded of Tumanis. The creature is obviously used to being obeyed; his tone is imperious and carries a strong air of command. The creatures around him continue to stare at Tumanis, hanging on the speaker's every word.

Myani
2009-02-10, 02:12 AM
5.3, C3, Khiir pack 2

The wire-framed face grins as Tumanis stands from his crouch and rises to his full height.

"I am no Beast. I am Tumanis, the Maker, the Hunter. I walk the woods and hunt as you do, and shape wood to my desires. And I fear you might have found me harder to hunt than you might have thought."

OOC:

For reference, the avatar is manifesting as a medium creature.

Rogue_Dragon
2009-02-10, 06:30 PM
Tumulose, Turn 5.End
In the forests the Tumulose have started to realize that their green utopia is not quite as perfect as they had thought. Those in the northern forest have started to be attacked by some kind of large predator, driven to desperate measures by some unknown force. In the south, an even more terrifying occurrence is happening. Apparently some new creature has perfected the art of hunting the Tumulose, leaving them too terrified to do much more than hide, at least until they figure out what this new beast is, and perhaps find a way to defend themselves from it. Throughout much of the forest the Tumulose practice their hiding, sitting as still as possible, for as long as possible, relying on their natural plant covering to conceal their true nature. They slowly learn more about the forest creatures that normally avoid them, but they still know nothing of the mysterious new threat.

Throughout the plains, life goes on essentially as normal. The Tumulose there have started carrying bits of their more favorite plants upon their backs, meaning that like their immobile forest kin, they have started growing more impressive camouflage upon their backs.

Across all regions the Tumulose continue to grow longer necks, and more impressively, their already split tongues split a second time. Leaving them with essentially four massive tongues, which they use to easily rip up roots and more gently grasp the various plants as they move them onto their backs.

EP:
+2 Stealth= 2->4
+2 Food= 2->4
Worship:Dimos -2= 10->8

Zweanslord
2009-02-11, 03:39 AM
End of Turn 5, Start of Turn 6

Map

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2040/map5xq9.png

OOC Sorry for the late update, I totally forgot about it.
No changes to the map that I am aware off.
Next turn starts in 2 days and 10.5 hours.

Dr Bwaa
2009-02-11, 11:28 AM
Sorry this is so late; I didn't have any internet access yesterday.
5.3, Khiir Pack 2, Tumanis

When Tumanis begins to rise, the lizard who has been speaking hisses and shortly commands, "Stop!"

If he stops mid-rise:
...the speaker continues, "I am Master Iisiis. If you are to remain in my land, Tumanis the Maker, you must respect and obey my word, or you will be Hunted. Not even Strongbeasts frighten me. I certainly do not fear you! Now, what do you want? Night is here, and I must Hunt!"

If he does not stop:
...the low hiss turns into a growl, and the speaker barks out, "Stand still!" If Tumanis stops now, the creature in front of him takes a few steps forward and snorts a spat of flame, then says, "I don't know what you want, Tumanis the Hunter, but I have been kind enough not to Hunt you yet. I am Master Iisiis, and you will obey me if you intend to stay here. Now, night is here and I must Hunt. Shall I hunt you, or do you have something to offer me?"

If Tumanis still continues to rise after Master Iisiis' second warning, the Khiir calls out "Hunt it!" and the pack descends on Tumanis' Avatar, destroying it with relative ease.

Khiir Turn 5 Summary

A discovery was made around 5.2 by a pack (pack 4) of Khiir hunting farther West than they are used to, having moved away from the huge creatures who drove away all the food. In the West, they found the End of the Forest! Some Khiir had their own opinions of what lay beyond the World, and now, ancestral memories of grassy, hilly lands come flooding back to these Khiir who have found a new land. Several scouts are sent to see if there is any Prey to be had, and while they are away, the pack is visited by a strange, very small pack of Khiir, led by a Master Iiko. This small pack comes with tales of an Other Eliyanna Shadran, who appears as a huge spider and taught them to hunt Strongbeasts! Master Iiko and his small pack move on before long, but not before hearing tales of the new land in the West, and the promise that it holds. As he travels to several other packs this turn, he passes along this rumor as well, and as a result, several packs of Khiir have taken the first steps into this new, but somehow strangely familiar world (B2).

While all the Khiir have become better hunters as a result of the pressure put on them by the invasion of the huge creatures as well as the continued spread of Eliyanna Shadran's teachings, a few Khiir have been born with a sort of shield for the eyes; a second, translucent eyelid that they can close when Flaming, so as not to blind themselves with their own Flame. These few Khiir have quickly come into very high regard as a result of this ability.

Stats updates:
Brain +2 ---> Age two rank 1
Perception +1 ---> 4
Pack Hunting +1 ---> 4

Myani
2009-02-11, 12:42 PM
Turn 5.3-end? C3, Khiir Pack

Tumanis stops in mid-rise.

""Then all I wish is to join your hunt, master Iisiis."

OOC:

For the sake of brevity and ending the turn, he spends the rest of the turn hunting with the pack and using his Glance of the Hunter miracle to help out. (Assuming that Master Iisiis is Ok with that) At the end of the (successful?) hunt, Tumanis gives one of his Spears to Master Iisiis and uses Glimpse of the Maker's Plan to show him the basics of how to use it. Assume training montage follows with any Khiir that are willing to pick up spear-throwing, but I think we might be a little late for that. On to the next turn's adventures!!

Turn 6.1, C3, Khiir Lands Let's try that again . . .

Some distance away from Master Iisiis' pack, Tumanis rematerializes as a small creature on the border of another pack's land in the middle of the night. He follows the sounds of the forest and slowly locates a pack of hunting Khiir to watch and follow (in his floating form).

Turn 6.5, B1, Sathid Colony, Mep Tribe.

Tumanis manifests as a medium creature near the Mep Tribe's settlements. He wanders around for a while, before picking up a straight branch and carving into it with his fingers while sitting on a tree stump. Shaving and whittling away, he watches for any Sev nearby.

Dr Bwaa
2009-02-11, 01:54 PM
Khiir Turn 6.0, pack 4, The New World

The scouts had returned days ago, bursting with excitement. When Master Qii addressed them, even her own excitement was evidenced in her reactions to the report. The new world was free and open; none of the Loud Things could be seen anywhere, nor even Strongbeasts, and Prey jumped everywhere, often not even running from their Hunters. Indeed, the three scouts had been gone for more than ten days, but they looked happy and well-wed: a testament to the easy living to be found in the West.

Without more than a moment's consideration, Master Qii announced, to no great surprise, that the pack would move at once to claim this vast, bountiful new land for themselves.

Now they stand at the edge of the Forest, and all watch in anticipation as Master Qii prepares to take the first official step into the New World, even though of course Joo and the others had already been here. She puffs out her chest, and strides boldly forward. The rest of the pack waits for a moment, and the Qii begins to run into the infinite hills, just feeling them beneath her legs, pounding claws grasping the grassy hillsides and air rushing through her fur, down her spine. The pack breaks the tree cover then and follows her; they run and run until they cannot run anymore, and as Dawn threatens to break, a few happily, wearily dig small holes into the sides of the hills to settle down for the night. They had nothing to eat, but for tonight, it doesn't matter. They are in a world where Prey simply falls into one's lap, and tomorrow, they will eat all, and whatever, they want.

Khiir pack 1, B2, Turn 6.1, "Memory or Prophesy?"

Master Uuhl and his pack moved into the new lands in the West. The Hunting has been easy, as the Prey here has never seen Khiir before and they do not know to run if they hear them. Some try to graze near the innocuous furry lizards, and that night, find themselves in a totally unprecedented world of pain as they are roasted to a beautiful golden-black in their sleeps.

Today, Master Uuhl is asleep in a den with his mate, who is expecting a clutch of eggs any day now. Master Uuhl is deep asleep, but tonight, his dreams are very strange.

The rolling hills go all the way to the horizon. The Sun is just setting, and the pack is on the move. Some Prey appears before them, so alien-looking and otherworldly, somehow. They fall upon the large Prey--Uuhl knows it is Prey, but somehow he can't seem to hurt it. The kill takes long, the eating savage and hurried. A sense of foreboding haunts him, a kind of fear more raw than anything he's felt before. The kind that causes a Youngling to abandon the chase, or cower behind his parents. It is strong, primal. Uuhl tries to ignore it, but all the same, he slinks off as soon as he's full.

The rest of the pack does the same. They seem smeared; he realizes he doesn't recognize any of them. Is he the Master? He doesn't know who is. Together, they find a low spot in the hills, low and sheltered. Far from the kill. Someone drags a twiggy branch over with a few leaves left on it, and a few huddle down beneath it for shelter.

People are missing: there should be more of them, Uuhl thinks. But he's not so sure. Maybe the pack got smaller--who is the Master? He can't ask; he'd look stupid.

No shelter left under the branch, he curls into the smallest ball he can. Just to conserve warmth, he tells himself. It's getting cold. Cold? That doesn't seem right, but there it is. Better than being afraid. What is he afraid of? Why are they resting again, when it is still nighttime, anyway? But they rest anyway...

A cry rends the night, then another, then another. Alien, like the Pack, like the Prey. Yet similarly familiar. And singularly terrifying. He lurches, a visceral response to the sounds. For some reason he looks into the sky. There's a shape--two, three, more--up there!

He doesn't know what it is, but he hates it. He hates it and he fears it with all his heart. The rest of the pack feels the same, he knows it; there they are, hiding under a branch from... what? How can shapes so big be in the sky?

They draw closer, the cries ring out again. The fear roots him to the spot. He stares in awe at the shapes, four of them dark; one pearly white; dropping faster and faster, their huge, scarred wings outstretched, and hunger--yes, it is hunger in their awful stares, just as it is fear in Uuhl's gut. He shuts his eyes tight and waits for the hideous Teeth.

Khiir pack 2, Turn 5 wrap-up (done IRL and summarized)

Tumanis stays with the pack for the remainder of the turn, despite occasional complaints from Master Iisiis, who simply tolerates his presence. As Tumanis has relatively poor night-vision and cannot spot Prey often before the Khiir do, Master Iisiis remains unconvinced (at best) of his intention or function until, around turn 5.5, Tumanis asks him to bring the pack to come see something.

What he has done during the days while the Khiir sleep is dug a deep, large hole in the ground, and created a large number of sharpened, wooden spikes to fill the bottom of it. Overhead, he also built a kind of wall with spikes pointed down. When the pack arrives, what they see is an impressive sight indeed: a full-grown Strongbeast, dead, in a pit full of spikes.

Tumanis explains that he simply lured the Strongbeast over the pit once he constructed and disguised it, and once it had fallen in, he knocked down the trap on top to add spikes to other spikes. Once it was trapped, he explains, he could kill it at his leisure.

This, finally, makes an impression on Master Iisiis. "Teach me," he commands of Tumanis, who obliges, starting with the most important basic skill: that of woodworking, to create the trap in the first place.

He soon finds that the Khiir make relatively good wood carvers; their two opposable thumbs and small, sharp claws are precise for smaller work. The problem they have is in cutting larger trees down small enough to work with, but with a few pointers, they begin to make headway in using smaller branches from higher up in the trees to create spikes and very crude spears. All the while, Tumanis keeps a careful watch over the pack--averting some very close calls as is bound to happen when you tell a race of fire-breathers how to build torches in a forest.

Tumanis stays until 5.99 teaching Woodworking (new production skill) to the pack.

Turn 6.1, Khiir pack 3, Tumanis

Tumanis sees a smaller pack of Khiir than those he met previously; numbering (he would guess) only about half the population of the other packs he has seen. They hunt quickly and very cleverly: about half of the pack begins to spit fire from their mouths, yelling loudly to wake the large animal they appear to be targeting. When it awakens, the animal tosses its head, emits a trumpeting roar, leaps to its feet, and charges the offending creatures without a moment's hesitation. The Khiir then flee into the night, barely outpacing the large, boar-like creature. They split up and continue to do so, until the creature is left chasing only one of them, who nimbly skips off into the night. What's more important, though, is what is revealed when the animal charges off: three very small copies of the creature, with light skin and no tusks to speak of. It is these, Tumanis realizes, who are the pack's actual Prey, and the remaining pack members fall upon them like... well, like a group of dedicated, powerful pack hunters on three helpless newborns.

Jerian_Rumple
2009-02-11, 04:25 PM
Turn 6.2, Khiir Pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran (this will get interesting)

Eliyanna rematerializes on the Inner Plane for the first time in a long time, deep in the forest. She knows her chosen Khiir pack is around here somewhere... She hears the stamping of the Strongbeasts and knows her Khiir are hunting. Staying hidden for the moment, she trails the Khiir back to their nest. She has something she wants to say to them...

((OOC:Will wait to see if Tumanis reveals himself to them before continuing.))

Lumovanis
2009-02-11, 05:14 PM
Sathid, Turn 6.0, B1
Both the Mep and Sev tribes in the jungle have decided it's time to send a message back to their homeland. Each has dispatched a runner headed towards their respective tribe. The Sev runner bears news of a new nest, and some of the fungal plant they found in the caves. The Mep runner brings news of abundant food supplies (including fruits).

For the sake of convenience I'm not going to break up the population units in B1 any further for this, but each tribe sends a runner headed towards C1.

Myani
2009-02-11, 05:56 PM
Turn 6.1-2, C3, Khiir Pack 3

As Tumanis enters the clearing, he stands to his (small height) and unfolds from his ball. "Excellent Kill, and a very clever strategy. Did you lead the other one off to its death, then?"

Dr Bwaa
2009-02-11, 09:34 PM
Turn 6.1, Khiir Pack 3, Tumanis

When Tumanis speaks, the Khiir who are busy at the nest barely even look up at him. They are engaged wholly in dragging the carcasses of the young animals away into the forest, away from their nesting site. One of the Khiir leaves off his duty and steps forward to address Tumanis.

"We've been wondering what you are, lurking over there. I think you're an Other. Master Juuh will decide what to do with you when he gets back. For now, if you are an Other, and you want to help, then help us move these."

If Tumanis agrees to help, they are dragging the three small creatures--each of which is considerably larger than any three Khiir--to a spot quite far-removed from the nesting site, across a small stream. Watching the Khiir cross the stream with their Prey is an entertaining experience. None of them seem willing to get in the water any more than they have to. There are a few rocks, which they leap to in an attempt to stay dry, but they get more than a little wet in their attempt regardless.

As they work, they are joined by several other Khiir, who continue to assist them, and these seem to accept that Tumanis is an "Other," referring to him as "Other Tumanis" assuming he introduces himself. They do ask him what he's here for, and while they work, Tumanis discovers the nature of the plan that the Khiir were running, and why it was necessary to go to such trouble to move the bodies.

Rogue_Dragon
2009-02-12, 04:59 PM
Turn 6.3 2C, New generations, First encounters.
Two young Tumulose find themselves exploring the great forest that is there home, and all that they know. They have spent their whole lives together, moving at night when their great size is less easily noticed, and spending the days hiding amongst the densest thicket they can find, managing to avoid notice by almost any of the threatening creatures of the forest. They have always feared the forest around them. As far back as they can remember, they've always had to fight to survive, with a surprising amount of predators and hidden dangers trying to stop them, only recently their brother had fallen into a strange pit of soft-earth and they had been unable to rescue him. Never had they been taught, their only real contact with their own kind was between eachother, and with the hollerings that they heard from their less stealthy elders, whom they fear as much as anything else. Surely if smaller creatures seek to kill them, their elders who are surely stronger and tougher would not hesitate either. So they learn what they can while watching from hiding, often discussing between the two of them what to do next. Finally though, they feel like the time has come for them to make themselves more known to the creatures of the forest. There is one in particular that has interested them, and which is one of the few things that seems to have always noticed them. The little lizards obviously avoid them, even while they are hiding, but they seem to dislike their larger breathren, and show some kind of organization among themselves, leaving the young Tumulose to believe that they might be smart enough to work together. Seeing that the little lizards seem to like eating dead creatures instead of plants, the two young Tumulose work together to kill a few of one of the less aggressive creatures, a relatively large and annoying creature that's pitifull whining annoys even the loudest of the Tumulose. Though they are un-acustomed to killing anything, it is not hard for them to bring down a few of them rather easily, merely by smacking them with the hardened patch on top of their head. After slaying one each, they drag the bodies to a clearing where they know that a small group of the lizards tend to rest for the night. Standing obviously visable, they push the bodies ahead of them a little bit, and try to get the lizards to come closer, saying things like "Come on little guys, were not gonna hurt you, everthing's gonna be alright" And trying to not make sudden moves that might scare or anger the little ones.

Myani
2009-02-12, 06:30 PM
Turn 6.1, Khiir Pack 3, Tumanis

Tumanis is surprised at the appellate of Other, but doesn't let it phase him.
"Yes, I guess you might call me an Other. My name is Tumanis. And I can certainly give you a hand with moving these bodies." Tumanis proceeds to move the bodies and help the Khiir, particularly when it comes to crossing the river, as he's not afraid to get wet.

Turn 6.5, B1, Sathid Colony, Mep Tribe.
After whittling away for a while, Tumanis approaches the Mep tribe's settlements. Noting a few Perivigilo bones, he pulls a Spear out of his chassis.

OOC:

He's basically wandering around the outside of the settlement, clearly visible to anyone inside as a walking wire-frame humanoid carrying a sharp stick.

Lumovanis
2009-02-12, 07:20 PM
Turn 6.5, B1, Mep Tribe, A strange guest

The Sathid react quickly. Five of them quickly erupt from the undergrowth, while another two drop down to lower branches up in nearby trees. The large insectoids look ready to leap upon and devour the strange being at any moment. They flick their wings threateningly.

"OUR territory!"

OOC

The Sathid aren't sure what to make of the immortal, they are not truly threatened. They are curious as Tumanis the first thing they've run into that doesn't outwardly fear them. They are debating on ripping him apart or simply driving him from their territory, which consequently in their opinion is the entire jungle now.

Myani
2009-02-12, 10:27 PM
Turn 6.5, B1, Mep Tribe

Why do you always choose the species with the hottest tempers? Tumanis asks himself. Ah, yes. Because they're the most fun. Tumani turns around in a circle and examines the various warriors around him.
"Hello, jungle dwellers. No worries, I have no interest in your territory. We . . . " He considers the Khiir term for Immortals for a moment. "We Others have no need of mortal lands. I just wanted to meet the leaders of the great hunters of the jungle. Or should I have been looking in on those cave dwellers from the other tribe?"

Lumovanis
2009-02-12, 10:55 PM
Turn 6.5, B1, Mep Tribe

The Sathid hiss at the mention of another tribe. They glance back and forth at each other before returning their attention to Tumanis. One of the Sathid makes a series of quick motions and flicks it's wings.

"You understand? Other? Mortal? Other tribe?"

The Sathid now more curious, and less threatening, then they were only moments ago. The first Sathid continues it's movements.

"You seek Mep Khan? Why?"

Dr Bwaa
2009-02-13, 02:17 PM
C3, Khiir Pack 3, Turn 6.1, Tumanis

At length, Tumanis and the pack are approached by a light-colored Khiir with a white headplate. All the others back away as he approaches; his presence is palpable in the very air. He walks directly up to Tumanis when he arrives, glancing only briefly at the dead animals, none of which have begun to be eaten. "Hello," he says to Tumanis. Flames play around his tongue just as he speaks. "Who and what are you, and what do you want?"

He asks this peaceably enough, but it is very obvious that he expects to be answered directly and immediately, a pair of curious blue eyes staring hard at Tumanis.

C2, Khiir pack 12, Turn 6.3

As Iiu awakens and stretches her legs, blowing a tiny spat of Flame and blinking her eyes. Then she blinks a few more times, as she sees something that surprises her, and wants to confirm its existence: just past the clearing, and moving closer, two of the Loud Things--at least they look like Loud Things, only very very small--are pushing a pair of Whiners with their heads along the ground. The Whiners aren't moving: dead? Loud Things don't normally kill; they just spend all their time eating trees and yelling. Though they've been doing less of that now, thankfully.

The rest of the pack is awake, now, as the Loud Things enter the clearing, obviously pushing two dead Whiners. And now, though they were as quiet as something their size could be expected to be, they have begun talking. They are not as loud as their larger, adult versions: but neither are they quiet by any means. Master Oos stands in the middle of the clearing as the Loud Things approach: they are clearly non-threatening, but they are loud and their intent is unclear. Master Oos does the only thing he can think to do: he tries to speak with them.

"Loud Things! What are you doing here? Why have you killed these Whiners and brought them to me? Do you think we cannot hunt on our own? Are they a gift? What do you want?" His voice is a series of hisses, clicks and strange, almost chirping noises as he stands his ground alone, his pack several feet behind him, in front of the two enormous, loud creatures with their offering.

Myani
2009-02-13, 04:23 PM
Turn 6.1, C3, Khiir Pack 3

"Master Juuh I presume. My name is Tumanis. I am an Immortal, master of wood and the hunt. I was in the area and decided to follow your hunters as they took down a Strongbeast. You have a rather strange way of going about it, I might say." Tumanis bows deeply to Master Juuh. (OOC: Not that that really means anything).

Turn 6.5, B1, Mep Tribe

"Of course I understand. I speak and all can hear - and I understand whenever anyone speaks. Unfortunate that those poor fliers weren't interested in talking, though. And I can get around to all this about Mortals and Others later." Tumanis digresses. "In the meantime, yes, I would like to speak with your Khan, if he would like to speak with me.

(OOC: I'd love a visualization of how exactly he's speaking in clicks and movements here, but hey.)

Zweanslord
2009-02-13, 05:10 PM
End of Turn 6, Start of Turn 7

Map

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5162/map6lp7.png

OOC: Next turn in 3 days.

Lumovanis
2009-02-13, 09:09 PM
Turn 6.6-6.end, Sathid

The Mep of the jungle have met a strange being, the first they have seen that can understand them that is not of their own kind. The Mep are distressed to learn another tribe resides nearby, in what might be a nest. They ponder the situation.

The runners both the Mep and Sev tribe sent out from the jungle, arrive at their respective tribes in the desert.

Sev Tribe, C1
The runner is welcomed into the tribe. The tribe members, including the Khan are amazed by the stories from the jungle. Tales of fruit, a new nest, rain and plants that fill the land as far as the eye can see. The fungal plant scrapings the runner brings back dry out quickly in the heat, even when brought back to the nesting caves. The plants don't die in the heat however, and the Sathid seek a way to keep them watered.

Mep Tribe, C1
The Mep runner returns from the jungle with news of food, and thick plants that grow for miles. The Khan and the rest of the tribe are excited, preparing to send another group out to help search for a new nest.

The next generation of Sathid has developed a startling new trait. The surface of their chitin appears to shift colors. While the changing is random at first, they learn to control the color-shifting, allowing them to blend in with their surroundings.

Population is divided between the tribes as follows;
Sev (C1): +2 (+0.25 population units)
Mep (C1): +2 (+0.25 population units)

Sev (B1): +2 (+0.25 population units)
Mep (B1): +2 (+0.25 population units)

EP

Stealth Age 2: +1 = 0 -> 1
Perception Age 2: +1 = 0 -> 1

Lumovanis
2009-02-13, 09:29 PM
Turn 7.0, B1, Mep Tribe

The Mep study the being before them carefully. The foremost Sathid turns to the others. It bobs once, and flicks it's wings before pointing a claw east.

"We bring He Who Understands to the Khan.

It turns back to the being they have now titled 'He who understands' and flicks it's wings and scrapes its lower claws together.

Khan decide, if you worth meeting.

OOC

Two of the Mep hunters agree to take Tumanis to their Khan in C1

Rogue_Dragon
2009-02-13, 10:34 PM
Turn 6.3 Wrapup with Khiir
The two younger Tumulose push the two whiner bodies towards the Khiir, and then slowly move back, bit by bit, until the Khiir either try to chase them off, or they Khiir accept the gift. Assuming the later, the Tumulose repeat the process about once a week, for the remainder of the turn, obviously studying the Khiir, and speaking softly to them, trying to get the Khiir used to their presence.

Turn 6.End
Not surprisingly, most of the Tumulose continue their relatively uneventful lives, barely noticing the changes that are slowly affecting their race. The youngest generations have started to show much more impressive foliage upon their backs, and perhaps most impressively, it seems to many that Tumulose are starting to grow the plants that they like the most upon their backs. Surprisingly though, the younger generations also seem to be eating less, and the areas around where they sleep the most seem to start also growing the Tumulose's more favored plants.
EP:
Age 2 Production, Plant Immitation+2, 0->1
Age 2 Food, Plant Leeching, +2, 0->1
Worship: Dimos -4->4

Myani
2009-02-14, 01:49 PM
Turn 6.1-6.499, C3, Khiir Pack 3

Tumanis spends time with this pack of Khiir, talking (eventually discovering Elianna?) and discussing his travels with Pack 2. He shows them how to make traps to kills Strongbeasts if they're interested, and teaches woodworking in the same fashion.

Turn 6.5-7.0, B1, Mep Tribe

Tumanis agrees, and (walks?) goes with the warriors/guides/scouts to visit the Khan. He becomes visibly uncomfortable once he leaves the jungles. He is polite, and explains to any curious Sathids the differences between Mortals and Immortals, why the Khiir call them Others and even about life among the Khiir if they're interested (Tumanis is of the opinion that they'd all get along famously). He'll also discuss all of this with the Khan if the Khan is so inclined, though he's generally unhappy with staying in the desert and occasionally complains about the effects of the heat on his plants. (who are doing fine, but he complains anyway)

Lumovanis
2009-02-14, 04:57 PM
7.2, B1 (Tumanis), Sathid, Mep Tribe

The hunters guide He who Understands through the jungle, their movements difficult to follow. Tumanis believes they remain visible only so he can follow them. They listen to his tellings of the Khiir and the immortals, but make no motion to reply. They move quickly, moving only slow enough to allow Tumanis to keep pace.

7.3, C1, Sathid, Sev Tribe

The plants recovered from the jungle were not doing well at all. The Khan had sent a few hunters to the shores to see if the morning mists would help them. The brief fog broke when the sun rose from over the horizon. The plants had seemed to be doing better, but immediately began to wither again as the sun touched them. Frustrated, one of the hunters threw their plant into the sea. The hunter paused as she watched the plant resurface, swelling with water. Curious, she approaches the plant as it is pushed back onto the shore. It already appears to be doing better. She carefully picks the plant back up and squeezes it a bit, tasting the water that it expels. Fresh water! She chitters excitedly, motioning her fellow hunters around her. She begins several movements almost at once, flicking her wings with un-contained excitement.

"Look! Make fresh! Keep water safe from sand!"

The other hunters toss their plants into the sea, and receive similar results. The hunters can barely contain themselves, they run as fast as they possibly can back to the Sev nesting grounds with their discovery.

Turn 7.4, B1, Sathid, Mep Tribe

The remaining Sathid move quickly, cutting south further than they had in the past month. They scramble from tree to tree, from bush to bush. The strange being who had come to them had mentioned another tribe in their territory, and they planned to find out who. As the sun began to slowly rise in the sky, the Mep hunters slowed their pace, choosing their movements carefully. They had found the nesting site of the other tribe. The Mep watched as a few members of the tribe returned to the nest from a successful night's hunt. The Mep studied the other tribe's movements and posture. One of the Mep hunters turns to the others with him and slowly and silently makes a few movements.

"Sev Warriors. Too many for now."

The other hunters bob in unison, and follow the lead hunter away from the nest slowly away from their dangerous foes. They cannot hope to fight the mighty Sev warriors with their current number, but they note the location of the nest and decide to keep a close eye on them for the time being.

Turn 7.7, B1-C1 (Tumanis), Sathid, Mep Tribe

When the two hunters arrive in the desert they visibly relax, it is apparent they are familiar with this area. The night had been long, the two hunters did not pause for rest, obviously taking the other tribe member's command very seriously. The fierce sun begins to rise higher and higher into the sky, seeming to set the landscape ablaze. The two push on, and Tumanis is almost left behind. After another hour or so, they suddenly stop. Tumanis is confused briefly, until two warriors erupt from the sand before them. The hunters and warriors study each other briefly, then bob in greeting. One of the warriors turns to Tumanis and flicks it's wings threateningly. One of the hunters moves between the two and performs a quick series of movements.

"This He who understands. Wish to see Khan. Khan-Guard said bring."

The warrior pauses, studying the strange being a moment, before brushing one of it's large antennae across him. The two warriors bob and rebury themselves into the sand, disappearing from sight. The hunter turns to Tumanis and flicks his wings while doing a brief bobbing motion.

"We close now. You see Khan before Sky-fire look down."

The two hunters guide Tumanis a little further and he suddenly sees a large outcropping of rocks and small caves. The area is fairly active with Sathid, all of which suddenly stop what they are doing and study the strange creature that walks with their hunters. Tumanis sees what must be the Mep Khan. He stands easily 2 feet over the rest of the tribe, and has many visible scars in his chitin. He charges towards Tumanis, wings out-stretched, and for a moment Tumanis believes the large creature will strike.

He stops mid-charge. A test perhaps, though Tumanis is unsure of what it proves. The Khan flicks his wings and makes a series of motions to one of the hunter guides.

"Why you bring? Why not kill?"

The hunter chooses his movements carefully, Tumanis believes the creature's life may depend on his answer.

"Khan-guard say bring. He understand. He speak. This He who understands. From far land. Meet other hunters, not like us. He want meet with Khan. Do not know why.""

The Khan turns his head and studies Tumanis again. He bobs and scrapes his lower claws together.

"He who Understands? Why you want see me? Why I not kill you?"

Myani
2009-02-15, 01:24 PM
Turn 7.0-7.7, B1-C1 (Tumanis), Sathid, Mep Tribe

"I came to walk among you, to learn from you, and to teach whatever I can. I have come from the deep forests of the Khiir to visit your jungles, and watch how your hunters track their prey. And I sought the honor of meeting you so that I could learn more of your race. Tumanis doesn't make any threatening moves during his speech. He is carrying one of his Spears, however. "And you shouldn't kill me because you have much you could learn from me, just as there is much I can learn from you."

Lumovanis
2009-02-15, 03:39 PM
Turn 7.8, C1(Tumanis), Sathid, Mep Tribe

The Khan waits for Tumanis to finish, before bobbing slowly and making a slight flick of his wings.

"We listen to He Who Understands. For now."

OOC

The Mep view Tumanis more like a Khan of another tribe then anything else currently.

Zweanslord
2009-02-16, 02:52 PM
End of Turn 7, Start of Turn 8

Map

OOC: Next turn in 3 days.

Lumovanis
2009-02-16, 03:39 PM
Turn 7.8-7.end, Sathid

The Sev have discovered a way to keep fresh water close to their nests, as well as provide a self replenishing food source. Over the next several weeks, curious scouts of other tribes would discover the plants, and cause their widespread use amongst all the tribes of the desert. The raids start to slow down as food and water become more readily available.

The Sathid have solved their starting problem, if at least only temporarily

The Rel Tribe, seeing their numbers dwindling, offer to join the Vak. This provides greater numbers and added strength for both tribes.

The Sathid's already complex chitin-layering takes on a nearly regenerative aspect.

EP

Production Age 2(Chitin-Regeneration): +1 = 0 -> 1
Defense: +1 = 2 -> 3
Food: +1 = 3 -> 4

+2 Bonus EP
Evolving Hunter (Age 2 Body): +1 = 1-> 2

Population
Sev (C1): +4 (+0.5)
Mep (C1): +4 (+0.5)

Myani
2009-02-18, 01:51 PM
Turn 7.8-7.99, C1, Mep Tribe
Tumanis spends some time with the Mep Tribe hunters, eventually showing off his trapmaking skills with whatever limited resources he has to hand. In general, he just talks about the Khiir, the Others, Mortals, etc, and helps out around the camp with his miracles. He spends a few night away from the tribe at one point (towards the end of Turn 7).

Turn 8.1-5 C3, Khiir Packs 2 & 3

Returning to the Khiir, Tumanis visits his friends in Khiir Pack 2, shows them more woodcarving uses (toys for young Khiir, targets for practice, and even some artistic carvings), and eventually presents the Pack's master with the Woodcarver's Knife. He encourages some of the younger woodcarvers to spread their new skills among the other Khiir. he then moves on to Pack 3, where he does much the same (though without the gift of the Knife).

Rogue_Dragon
2009-02-18, 02:57 PM
Turn 7.End
Weather out of personal lazyness, ore merely out of nothing interesting for the Tumulose to do, many of them have been spending more and more of their time lounging around. Getting up only to talk to each other, or when the food supplies around them are too depleted for them to remain. This minuscule amount of activity seems to have kicked their bodies ability to mimic plants into overdrive. And the solitary Tumulose now looks almost exactly like a greenery covered hill, with numerous wildflower and small bushes growing haphazardly across their backs. Due to the time that the Tumulose spends in an area, these plants often spread to the terrain immediately surrounding the Tumulose, meaning that their likeness to a hill is so impressive, that even Tumulose are having a hard time finding each other without calling out.

This sedentary life style has also increased their bodies apparent ability to leech nutrients from the plants that are growing upon them, making it seem almost as if the growth of plants on their backs is actually feeding them, pulling nutrients from their surroundings, and the sunlight, and giving the resultant energies to the Tumulose.

EP:
+2 plant leeching 1->2
+2 age 2 stealth 0->1

Lumovanis
2009-02-19, 03:02 PM
Turn 8.0, Sathid, C1, Mep Tribe

The younger members of the Mep tribe are quite taken with He Who Understands. They hang on his every word, memorizing the stories of the tiny Khiir, and the immortals. They eagerly await his return.

Tumanis has gained 6 worshippers from the Mep tribe (0.75 population units)

Zweanslord
2009-02-20, 02:13 PM
End of Turn 8, Start of Turn 9

Map

OOC Turn ends in 3 full days.

Lumovanis
2009-02-22, 03:45 PM
Turn 8.1-8.end, Sathid

For the first time in their history, the Sathid had been spoken to by a non-Sathid. This has caused them to wonder what else may lie beyond the desert. The practice of plant watering/growing has become very widespread now, giving the Sathid tribes time to think about things other than food and territory.

EP:

Brain: +2 = 2 -> 4
Body Language: +1 = 2 -> 3
Wings (Travel): +1 = 1 -> 2

Population:

Vak (C1): +4 (+0.5 pop)
Mep (C1): +4 (+0.5 pop)

Myani
2009-02-22, 04:17 PM
Turn 9.1, C1
Tumanis reappears on the outskirts of the Mep Tribe's lands. He reenters the camp and wanders, meeting people and discussing his visits and travels. He enjoys meeting and playing with the young hatchlings, and helps to teach them how to hunt.

Lumovanis
2009-02-24, 12:33 AM
Turn 9.2, C1, Mep Tribe

Tumanis is welcomed back into the Mep tribe. He notes the communication between them, especially amongst the younger tribe members, has begun to improve dramatically. The younger generation also appears much more cunning than the older members. The hatchlings pretending to hunt give a glimpse of the future, they will soon become dangerous hunters.