PDA

View Full Version : What RPG is this?

Dunkelhand
2009-01-21, 12:18 PM
Ok, I read about a pretty new RPG on a website I seem to be unable to find ATM.
Here's what I still remember, hope you guys can help me to find that game again.

Story: There was a war. Then a meteor hit the world (or the other way around). There are also demons and angels hanging around, using earth as a battleground. There are big cyberpunkish acrologies and outside of these acrologies we have a mad-max like setting.
I also remember that the book had great art and I think it also had a not so common size.

Has anybody an idea of what game I am looking for?

hamlet
2009-01-21, 12:52 PM
Sounds kinda sorta like Degenesis, but I could be wrong.

Degenesis (http://www.degenesisrpg.com/)

Right now it's only available in German, or a short version in English.

The authors are supposedly translating it, but they've been doing that for years.

Winterwind
2009-01-21, 12:59 PM
Well, the part with the meteor would fit DeGenesis, the part with the Mad Maxian setting... sorta, but the rest doesn't really coincide. There was no major war in DeGenesis before the Eschnaton, even with much leeway I can't think of anything that would qualify as angels (psychonauts and marauders could, I guess, be seen as demons by some), and, while there are some sorta-punk-ish big cities, they are decidedly not cyberpunk-ish. DeGenesis itself describes itself as Primal Punk.
A cookie to anyone who can tell what my avatar is, by the way. :smallamused:

I haven't played it myself, so I can't say for sure, but from what I heard, wouldn't Rifts fit the OP's description more or less? Scratch that. Missed the 'new' part.
No idea then.

Egiam
2009-01-21, 01:13 PM
A cookie to anyone who can tell what my avatar is, by the way. :smallamused:

Um... Rorshach? Maybe a ruin chanter?

Dunkelhand
2009-01-21, 01:45 PM
Found it. It's Alpha Omega:
http://www.gnomestew.com/gming-advice/alpha-omega-how-to-gm-this-new-rpg

Sorry for bothering you :(
Seems like my google-fu was weak ...