PDA

View Full Version : Adventuring of the Oceans (IC)

Cymru
2009-01-22, 06:32 AM
It is the first day of summer, in Rach. All of your characters end up looking at the notice board in Achuak, looking for a job. All at their own time, for their own reasons.

The notice board is used to post job offers, official notices by the council, etc. All notices, with except those coming frome the council, are stamped with a date, and removed a week(10 days) after being put up.

Today you see 4 notices on the board;

One by the council of Arcaniss, marked with the usual rune seal of the Arcaniss' council;

"Want an easy job? High profits, high risks, and great growing opportunities? Join the Local Council of Arcaniss Marines! Interested? Report to the recruitment office located in every port town."

On by the council of Vaex, marked with the usual bow seal of the Vaex' council;

"Seeking brave adventurers to stop piracy on the Achuak-Vutha trading route. Check with the local Arcaniss or Vaex marine recruitment office for more information on this high profit job"

And further below, two grubby notes by independant captains;

"Seeking experienced figthers and seaman for treasure hunting trip in the coastal regions of Achuak, leaving asap. Report on deck of the Duke's Hound."

"Captain with map and directions to the 6th continent is searching for brave sailors willing to accompany him on his quest for limitless fame. Report at the Flowing Bottle Inn in the town port."

Hastuur
2009-01-22, 07:20 AM
Maxxon the Red

Maxxon awakes on a dune of grass and sand this day, just the way he likes it out in the open. After spending some time lingering around he comes to the message board to look at the posts. He spends a lot of time looking at it as some of the longer words are sort of difficult to him. But he takes his time and sounds them out silently to himself. Anyone nearby will view this and if he notices them he gives a nod with a smile as if it does not embarrass him.

Not interested in the local public service jobs he is intrigued by the two bottom posts.

"Hummm...." He scratches his heavy beard in thought while munching on a large piece of bread. "I will try The Duke's Hound first". He then quietly heads off to find the port, assuming it to be the name of a ship.

Character discription

Maxxon stands at 5ft 11in and 180lbs. Stocky on a well built frame, brawny, rugged. Short hair that is not combed at all. Clothes are worn and tattered at the bottom from weather and travel. Has a full moustache and beard.

Gmonkey
2009-01-22, 07:27 AM
Vincent stands before the notice board a little after noon, a newly bought orange scarf around his neck and a shiny new knife tucked into his boots. He whistles a broken tune to himself as he weighs up his options:

Well, let's see what we've got here, Arcaniss and Vaex marines recruiting? Mmm, maybe not, dunno if military life would quite suit me.

What else? Heh, oh great, another fool wants to go looking for the 6th continent, but this one has a map! And I'm sure it wasn't made by some bloke in a pub trying to make a quick buck.

Hmm, treasue hunting trip might be a giggle?

Then out loud

"Worth a look anyway, to the hound!

With that Vincent spins on his heel and strides off towards the dock, ducking and weaving his way through the crowd.

[Description of vincent:
Vincent stands a little short at 5'7", he wears a pair of sturdy boots when on land, though generally goes barefoot on deck. A mismatch of clothes picked from port towns and traders here and there include a baggy pair of trousers (in a splendid purple) tied off with a green silk sash and a short sword in an embellished sheath on each hip.
Rather battered leather armour covers his torso, a wide brimmed leather hat completes the ensemble. There are also a myriad of daggers attached around his person (you can never have too many knives)
He has relatively handsome features, striking blue eyes and prominent cheek bones under shoulder length blonde hair normally tied back with a strip of leather, he's a little thin (or scrawny, dependign on who's describing him) which he always says "just leaves less of him to hit" but what muscle he has is iron from more than one stint at a rowing berth and far too many battles, battles that also have left his torso with more than a few scars

ixious
2009-01-22, 07:56 AM
Exhausted from his morning labors, Raiyin walks toward the message board, a few coins in his hand.

One..Two..Three...three silver for 10 days of work, I can barely eat on this.

He lets out a sigh before putting the coins into a small pouch on his belt. Leaning on his spear, bits of fish and kelp dried to it, he reads the posts.

"Let's see, the usual banter to get fools to throw their lives away to the military; a seemingly noble task that is likely the exact same as the one before; and these two..."

Looking closer at the final two, he grips his coin-pouch and walks off toward the docks.

"It's another fool's quest for treasure, but at this point, I am just that foolish..."

[description]

Dressed in a white cotton vest, bare chested, and green (think grass-stains but as a dye) canvas pants. His feet are covered by sandals, but show evidence of years bare against wood. Tall, and muscular, with green piercing eyes, he has olive skin and wind-blown dark black hair. He wears a hemp choker adorned with an a plain looking piece of quartz close to his neck. His right ear is pierced with a dark silver stud through it. Possibly the most evident "trait" though would be his tattoos. Up each arm runs black serpentine dragons, their heads rearing on his wrists. Above his right pectoral muscle is the Abyssal word for "Hero" inked to look as if carved into him, and barely visible on his lower stomach is the top of a intricate design hidden by his pants. His walk is confident, but worn, and he leans heavily on his spear.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-22, 01:13 PM
Jackson

The young man known only as Jackson appeared soon, looking for a job on the sea. It called to him, and he had a bit of experience... "Hmm..." He muttered to himself.

"Marines? I don't think so... I... hmm, The Duke's Hound? Treasure?" Jackson's glittering gold side was getting to him, and he looked back and forth between the two notes posted by separate captains. Two paths his life could take, treasure or fame?

Finally, the young man decided that it was better to die unknown in a pile of gold then face the times of harsh fame. It was this way he ended up on the Duke's Hound.

Dressed in a loose fitting white cotton shirt with flared sleeves, loose fitting pants and boots with a sash for good measure. His right ear is adorned with two hoop earrings. Shoulder length black hair touches his shoulders and his eyes are a pleasant color of blue. Theres really nothing 'fishy' about him so to speak that you can gather just by looking.

Ezeze
2009-01-22, 01:49 PM
Halcyone breaks the surface with a gasp for air and a sprinkle of droplets. She throws her hair back out of her face and treads water for a moment in silence. When she has regained her breath she looks at the thing in her hand. She'd been underwater, in the ruins of an old sunken ship, swimming up and down its length until something shiny had caught her eye. She'd grabbed it and gone, knowing how long it would take her to get back to the surface, but on closer inspection "It's a rock." It is indeed a rock - old, and dirty, with a little bit of lichen on it. "Oh, but it looked so pretty underwater. It shined and caught the light just so and threw it out again in..." She stops suddenly and looks around "Who am I talking to?" As she paddles back to shore Halcyone can't help but muse - her entire weeks efforts have been futile. For a shipping town there are a surprisingly small number of shipwrecks off of its coast, and all either already picked clean or else out too far out for her to get at. She lays on the beach for a time, a ways down from the town proper and therefore afforded some measure of privacy. "C'mon Fharlanghn. You know I believe in you, but what would other people think if you let one of your followers starve to death so far from home?" She keeps her hands busy toying with the rock in question, removing some of the dirt and trying, abet unsuccessfully, to remove the lichen. When, in defiance of her very best efforts, the rock persists in being a rock, Halcyone drops it in the sand. She briefly considers trying to make a few copper singing and shivers, despite the warmth of the sun, at the memory of the last time she tried to do that. By the time she walks back into town Hal has been brooding on her prospects for a while now, and they seem dismal. On a whim, because some of the greatest events in history owe their origins to someones whim, she checks the notice board. Her eye skips over the first two official documents, not even taking them in, and settles on the notice asking for treasure hunters. "oooh! Salvaging on a ship! I bet you can get out a lot further out on one of those!" She glances around, thanks Fharlanghn that no one was close enough to hear her, and starts off at a skip to the Duke's Hound wondering why anyone would need to be an experienced fighter to swim around with their eyes open.

A link to Halcyone's Character Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=104128) and a cut-and-copy of her description:
Halcyone is tall for a Sea Folk, but with a fairly average build beyond that. Her clothing consists of a simple leather shirt and breeches, armored slightly for protection in rough water, decorated with a sash of seaweed passing over her right shoulder down to her left hip and netting draped over the legs. She goes barefoot when she can, but has shoes tucked into her bag for when she can't. Her skin is tanned from exposure to the sun to a shade only slightly lighter then her copper-colored hair. A string of sea shells has been braided into her hair, which is kept out of her face by a practical piece of leather tied at her hairline.

Cymru
2009-01-22, 02:23 PM
Nedric;

You are already part of the crew of the Duke's Hound, as wizard protector you are already a trusted and loyal crewmember.

All the others;

As you walk into the harbour square, you see that not many boats are in it... You see 2 Arcaniss Marine caravels, 2 Vaex Marine caravels, 1 Ironclad with a unpronouncable dwarvish rune name, and one shabby looking dhow with "The Duke's Hound" as it's name. On the deck you notice 1 crewmember and the captain checking the rigging, and generally waiting for a new crew.

The captain is a ragged looking elderly human, who probably has seen to many years of the ocean..

Hastuur
2009-01-22, 03:13 PM
Maxxon the Red

Walking along the pier he stops at the access ramp to the boat. Not remembering if he should just walk on or is it good manners to be invited. This will probably take a little more time than it should while others arrive. he stands there looking at the boat thinking...................

Gmonkey
2009-01-22, 03:21 PM
Hmm, have seen better ships, but it looks serviceable. And the captain looks like he's been on a few voyages. Well, time to introduce myself

"Ho there the ship"

Going up the gangplank, Vincent calls to the captain

"Pleasure to meet you Cap'n, my name would be Vincent. Saw your notice on the works board, I figure I've got the skills and the experience.
Have just finished a berth on the Swift Wave and need to get out on the water again, can talk to her captain if you want a recommendation but I know my way around deck, can patch up rigging, set a course, pilot a ship through most anything short of a storm, generally make myself useful.

ixious
2009-01-22, 04:10 PM
Walking up to the ship, Raiyin sighs, and turns to the Rugged Monk, giving an apparently fake smile at first, evolving into a look of admiration,

"She looks to have seen better days, but I guess she serves the purpose, name's Raiyin." Sticking out a hand to Maxxon. Raiyin makes eye contact with Maxxon, assessing his muscular build and apparent physical prowess before going back to looking at the ship. Under his breath he whispers "If it be just us two, it might be a challenge keeping this old man alive, these seas are far from kind. I feel we are up to it, don't you think?" His eyes glimmer, almost glow, before he walks up the plank. Coarsely, as if in forced bravado, he says over his shoulder "Might as well greet our new employer.".

Hastuur
2009-01-22, 04:14 PM
Maxxon the Red

As he finally determines how to approach his though is broken up by the shorter man dressed lavishly (in his opinion). Maxxon startles a bit at the other man talking to him and takes his hand is a hard shake in return. "Maxxon the Red, greetings" he says to the body painted man. "my teacher once said to me that age is expeeriance, but I don't know what he meant by that". He then yells out "Ho there the ship" and walks the ramp aboard. He listens to Vincent address the captain. "Can you use another sir? I am Maxxon from The Red Bell Monastery and am looking for a job if you can please." He looks at Vincent to see if anything he said could have been in bad communication while taking a nervous bite of bread.

ixious
2009-01-22, 04:20 PM
Letting the monk go first, Raiyin walks up slowly.

Giving the captain a nod once the monk is finished,

"I too wish to join your voyage, my net and my spear are at your service" giving a slight bow

Tichrondrius
2009-01-22, 04:57 PM
Jackson

A fresh faced youth joined them not long after. "Captain! Are you the Captain of Duke's Hound?" Jackson called out, and then continued, "I go by the name of Jackson, and I've always dreamed of a life at sea!" The boy was still standing on the shore, not yet having went to the boat.

ixious
2009-01-22, 05:10 PM
Giving a grin "You appear dressed for the job already, and armed to the hilt." Looking at the captain, "So when do we set sail? You have two strong backs" Looking at Maxxon, "a jester", giving an off-look to the flamboyently dressed rogue, "and the future captain of his own ship, ready for battle", walking down and putting a heavy hand on the shoulder of the boy. The smile on his face looks more convincing, but the sound of false bravado still echos in his voice.

Cymru
2009-01-22, 05:33 PM
The captain smiles, seeing how his new "crew" is getting along... As the greetings have exchanged between all the members; het start "Well, good to see a few well abled bodies in town. 4 of you, 1 out of my old crew, makes 5. One extra will do the trick". He scans the harbour square with a calculating gaze, and continues "Once we find 1 more crew member, we set sail. You all look able, and wanting to earn some coin." The captain then stares at Vincent "You, boy, shall be the petty officer in command of this crew. You'll also man the rudder, and teach 'm all from your experience".

He then faces the group again; "Once we set sail, I'll show you what we're after"

Hastuur
2009-01-22, 06:23 PM
Maxxon the Red

Maxxon leans over to Raiyin and whispers "Do he mean we are going to have jobs or just stay here?"

He smiles at the captain and gives a thumbs-up. he's ready to go it seems.

Gmonkey
2009-01-22, 06:40 PM
Laughing at the beast of a man named Raiyin, "Remind me to tell you the one about the sailor, the mermaid and the whale, though I draw the line at people throwing pies!"

Vincent takes a good look at his crewmates for the forseeable future, and is pleased with what he finds, the two giants looked capable of handling two or three men apiece and this Raiyin seemed to have seablood in his veins as well. The boy (suddenly realising he's a few years senior to the lad), the young man would prove his worth over the next few weeks, either he'll catch the bug and never want to leave, or he'll jump ship at the next port and waste his life a farmer.

Nodding, "Well in that case cap'n, would you mind showing us around, I'd like to get a feel for the lady before we set sail."

Cymru
2009-01-22, 06:52 PM
The captain cracks a first smile "Off course Vincent, Although, there is not much to show... It but a small wee boaty..." He opens a hatch located just in front of the mast "This is the hatch to the lower deck, which is empty but for a few weeks worth of water and food. By the time we get back here, or any other port, it will be filled to the brim with gold..." He slams the hatch shut "On deck, we've got the main mast, and in on the back side, a small stern castle. On top of that, the wheel, inside there; sleeping bunks. You'll need a full 4 or 5 person crew to handle this old lady, so during the night we drop anker"He gestures at the deck "There would be room for a catapult and a balista. But, I don't have the money, and it would weigh us down to much"

OOC; the dow's dimension 60ft*20ft, the main deck is 5 ft above the water, the lower deck is 10 ft high

Gmonkey
2009-01-22, 07:01 PM
"Small but effective. Any bigger and we'd just have to split the gold more ways. Ahem, speaking of which, how *are* we doing pay, shares of loot I assume?

Ezeze
2009-01-22, 07:05 PM
Halcyone walks at a leisurely pace along the dock, inspecting each of the ships from a distance. When she notices The Duke's Hound she lingers a little longer, looking it over. The men on top all seem involved in conversation with one another. Not wanting to be a bother, she climbs the ramp between the dock and waits to be noticed, taking avid interest in the other's conversations.

[Would have checked again sooner if I had known how quickly this was going to get moving]

Cymru
2009-01-22, 07:05 PM
"Honest sharing the loot is good, I get double share, for providing this beautifull lady, and the map" Noticing the lady on the dock the captain shouts out; "Looking for me lass? Come aboard and state your business"

ixious
2009-01-22, 07:06 PM
Raiyin, leaning over to Maxxon whispers "Patience is a virtue, The early bird catches the worm, they contradict, but both are true..to a point, so I guess we wait, and hope no one else is after his treasure."

Smiling at the colorful man, Raiyin says heartily, and again not very convincingly, "Hahaha, I look forward to it.." Listening carefully to the captain, Raiyin's face and hands skew as if to try and mentally "map" everything the captain says. (Autohypnosis, taking a 10)

As the captain finishes his "tour", Raiyin stares off toward the sea, his mind wanders, and his face relaxes to one of concern.
I do hope we leave soon, we have strength and experience aboard this vessel, any more people are just more ways the treasure is split, if there even is any. The ship seems sturdy, and I can catch enough fish for a few days if anything were to go wrong........That colorful man does seem quite nimble, I must watch him carefully, but he will come in handy I am sure...but with these dimensions.....

This mental rant continues for a while.......snapping out of it right around the time a mermaid on legs walks toward the ship.

color is said, italics is not said, but possibly apparent on my face. Player is patient and wants everyone aboard and bonding, character is getting antsy mostly because it is taking everything in him to act social.

Ezeze
2009-01-22, 07:12 PM
Halcyon's attention is jerked from the rest of the crew as the Captain addresses her. She comes aboard and, faltering just a little since she doesn't know how much respect the old man will be expecting, she starts "there was a notice on the board that you were looking for treasure hunters?" then, for good measure, she adds "sir."

Cymru
2009-01-22, 07:18 PM
The captain looks at Halcyon appraisingly; "Better stick to that "Sir", Lass. And yes, I'v got one more position on this crew to fill in... Think you could add anything to little band of men?" He grins "If you answer yes, we shall sail this minute"

He then glares at the other men and shouts rather unexpectedly "The girl here reminded me; you better all be calling me Sir, or Captain, understood? And you heard me, if she says "Yes", you'd better get this ship going!"

ixious
2009-01-22, 07:31 PM
Shaking out of his daze, "Sir, yes sir!", and gives a slight bow to the new woman, assessing her just as he had the others

Tall, slender, and a tinge of the merfolk in her, another one to help find the treasure, useful "now let's get going....sir"

Ezeze
2009-01-22, 07:40 PM
Halcyon smiles, displaying a mouth full of dagger-like teeth "I think I could help, sir. Been a treasure hunter all my life, and I know a little magic." She nods, feeling a little more confident "Sir, it would be a mistake not to take me." After a few seconds passes she realizes exactly what she said, and starts to blush (Bluff-27) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1908735/) but she hides it well.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-22, 07:49 PM
Jackson

Jackson smiled bashfully at the attention and went along with the rest of the group. At the words of the Captain, he saluted and said, "Yes, Captain, sir!" And was about to get back to work. Before he did, however, he noticed Halcyon, and muttered a small, "Er.. hi. I'm Jackson." Before mentally berating himself. Now she probably thought he was hitting on her, and she probably got that all the time, and... was he hitting on her? He just wanted to acknowledge another person who was a little more of the sea- like him.

Gmonkey
2009-01-22, 08:19 PM
"Well, cap'n, looks like you've found your last member. So with your permission: Jackson was it? You stick by Raiyin, he'll talk you through setting the mainsail, we need you two up the rigging and putting some canvas on. Maxxon, cast us off. Little miss, I'm sorry I didn't get your name, but keep an eye on those two unfurling the sail, we'll have you up on the rigging soon enough.

Captain, do you want to take the wheel?"

ixious
2009-01-22, 08:23 PM
Eyes getting big for a moment, walking casually over to Jackson, and whispers "i have no idea what to do, please tell me you do." before standing tall and awaiting orders.

Ezeze
2009-01-22, 08:24 PM
Halcyone doesn't get a chance to answer Jackson before Vincent begins speaking. She waits for him to finish then says "It's Halcyone, or Hal if you prefer." She smiles at Jackson in way of both a greeting and a parting and sets to work getting the ship going - she doesn't always know what she's doing, but she's pretty good at faking it.

Hastuur
2009-01-22, 08:46 PM
Maxxon the Red

"Yes Sir!" he finds himself saying. Maxxon wanders over to the bunks and finds one open to put his small belongings onto. He will walk out and watch all the movement for a few until he finally asks the captain what he needs to do.

ixious
2009-01-22, 08:55 PM
Taking a cue from maxxon, Raiyin placs his belonging, including his shoes, in a compartment, tightening the string on his pants, placing his spear across his back, and checking his gutting-knife. "Awaiting orders, sir!

Tichrondrius
2009-01-23, 12:48 AM
Jackson

Jackson checks his equipment quickly, making sure all is in order, and smiles back at Halcyone, before noting Raiyin. "Umm... I was only a deckhand once..." He mumbles out, before following the other twos lead and claiming a bunk to keep his belongings. He comes back to salute, and says, "Sorry, sir! I am not experienced, sir!"

Cymru
2009-01-23, 04:41 AM
The captain cracks a smile again; "It's all right lads and lass, I'll man the rudder 'till we're out of port and well away, tomorrow Vincents will take over so I can plot our course. Untill then, he can help you lot put up the canvas, and rigging it just right for a southerly course along the coast."

He then pulls a map from his vest "Speaking of which, this is our destination. Won it a few days back, former owner seemed very sorry to part with it".

skill check for captain, rolls for weather, navigation and random encounters for the first day. Don't need skill checks from the crew yet...

Knowledge(geography), for navigating [roll0]
check for weather condition [roll1]
check for duration of weather condition [roll2]
check for wind strength [roll3]
check for wind direction [roll4]
The first day of travel gives you about 7 hours;
rolling random encounters for the first day; [roll5]

[/spoiler]

Cymru
2009-01-23, 04:54 AM
Your first day(for most of you) is quite easy. A light ocean breeze comes from the north, and though it starts to drizzle not long after you left, the air is warm. And it promises to be an easy trip.

As the day passes all the characters learn their place in the sails or on deck.

As the night falls, the captain gives the command to drop anker, stow away the sails, clean deck, and join him for dinner.

Dinner is simple, just your average trail ration. During this dinner the captain pulls out his map, spreads it on deck, points at a big red cross and starts;

"This is were we're heading crew" he points at some dwarvish runes near the bottom "The dwarf I won this from, was on his way to recover a sunken ironclad, full of gold. All ment for a certain dwarven expedition. According to those runes, the ship sank in some heavy weather"

ixious
2009-01-23, 07:22 AM
Looking hard at the map, (see rolls) Raiyin speaks up.

"Why would a recoupment mission barter their map of their objective? What game of chance was worth the fortune, and likely occupation, of these dwarves?"

Autohypnosis:
DC: 10 Memorize a simple map/image
[roll0]

Diplomacy to hide doubt:
[roll1]

Cymru
2009-01-23, 07:27 AM
The captain looks at Rayin;

"Let's just say, the dwarf was desperate, we were playing high stakes.. And after my stories about the south side of this continent in summer, he didn't feel much for this mission"

He looks around the group appraisingly; "Hope you lads have got sealegs... Otherwise you'll have them before we reach port again"

ixious
2009-01-23, 07:30 AM
Looking a bit more concerned "Please, do tell us of your adventures of the 'south side of this continent in summer', if it was enough to spook a dwarf, it is likely something we all should prepare for, if you may sir"

Hastuur
2009-01-23, 07:45 AM
Maxxon the Red

Maxxon stands mostly out of the way trying to observe what he can help with. A lot of the time he is seen munching on something that is available. At some point, most likley right after bunk time he will be on the deck for a couple of hours meditating and practicing his martial arts. For a sort of big guy he is amazingly limber and his strikes are strong.

At the captains comment he looks over at the seas and then his legs. "Hard to hold balance at times but I will get sealegs"

Gmonkey
2009-01-23, 07:58 AM
"Ahh, don't you worry about what a dwarf fears on the water, their place is on land, preferably with a mountain around them, they don't understand the water. The Hound must be twice as quick in the water and thrice as nimble as one of their ironclads, we'll weather a fair bit better than they would. Though I wouldn't mind hearing about those adventures either cap'n, you have an idea of what we're running into?"

Cymru
2009-01-23, 08:03 AM
Laughing it off; "Let's just say, I made it seem worse than it is. Hundreds of terrifying monster, monster storms, sudden vortexes... All bull, or most of it, let's say the weather can get a bit spooky, there have been some goblin pirates... And well, vortexes, you can just steer clear of 'm"

Proudly patting the deck "Nothing this fine lady cannot handle"

Ezeze
2009-01-23, 10:38 PM
"Goblin pirates?" Halcyone's face lights up and she puts her elbows on the table, resting her chin on the palms of her hands with her fingers curled in on themselves. "What else will we be seeing?" She sounds more like a little girl asking for a story from grand-dad then a soldier asking for specifics about something they might actually end up fighting.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-23, 11:43 PM
Jackson

"Believe me, Goblin Pirates are no laughing matter. My old ship was ransacked by the lot of them." Jackson said, shaking his head in regret. "Fast little things, but I was only a deckhand then." The energetic youth said, and smiled patting his bow.

"Please, Cap'n, sir, tell us more about your adventures! How far is it? Have you been there before?" His eyes lit up even more, "How shinny is it?"

ixious
2009-01-24, 07:18 AM
Raiyin sits back and watches his crewmates. Glancing at each...

Jackson, a boy, nieve, but more travelled than he comes off

Halcy...something or another... Much like jackson, she is nieve, but unlike him, she appears to be oblivious to the world outside this island, but again how much can I say for my own knowledge except what I have read?

Vincent, is it all an act? Loud, confident, if he is everything he says he is, then we have two captains aboard this ship, which could be good, or very bad....

Our mysterious other crewmate, why would he or she not show up to dinner, or help with the duties? For all the work each of us have put in, it would be a shame for a sloth to get a fair share. Maybe he will get "lost at sea"..one never knows what "accidents" can happen out here.

Maxxon, not the sharpest arrow in the quiver, but by far the strongest. His body is in top form, watching him practice...

Raiyin's thoughts wander, and a smile creeps across his face, listening to the men and woman that would be his family for the next few weeks.

Gmonkey
2009-01-24, 08:32 AM
Vincent smiles to himself as the stories unfold from the captain, He does love his lady, that's good, a captain needs faith in his crew and his ship, and it looks like he's been through enough with her for that confidence to be well founded, he's going to be the lynch pin over the next few weeks, I think we're okay there.

The Jackson lad, he's seen more than I thought, goblin's are a bit stupid, but if they can get to boarding they're nothing to be laughed at, if he can still smile about it I'd guess he did well that day.

Halcyone, that's the name she gave wasn't it, now you I think there are layers to, you were all set to bully the captain into taking you along if he said no, that means you're confident, and that's a good thing as long as there's something to back it up. Would be interested to see that magic you have though...

Now Maxxon, he doesn't look the sort to be put off by goblins, those moves he was pulling on the deck earlier were rather impressive, never seen that style of fighting before, I'd be suprised if he hasn't found his sea legs in a day or two at the latest, he walks lightly for one so big.

Raiyin I can't quite put my finger on, I think I'm going to have to watch him over the next few days before I can get a proper opinion. Could do with some heavy weather really, just enough to shock them into working as a team, find out who knows there stuff so we can make sure they're ready for anything big that comes along.

"So where is it everyone's from? Me I grew up in a little village a few miles inland from Rach. Left home when I got my majority and went to see the great blue, been making my way on this berth or that ever since. Best decision I ever made" Smiling to himself at happy memories he looks over to Raiyin, "How about you, you sound like you have a story or two behind you?"

ixious
2009-01-24, 08:50 AM
Nodding to Vincent, and putting down his meal, he clears his throat.

"As long as I can remember I have been in Rach. Sorry to let you down, but I am as boring as they come, a simple fisherman looking to see the world. By the by, everyone here enjoy fish for breakfast? I assume it is the best way I can contribute in the morning, but I wanted to ask first" looking carefully at Halcyone's hands then face.

"Now you sir, owe me a story of a sailor, mermaid, and whale if I remember correctly". His face intently stares at Vincent, waiting for the story.

He is getting very nervous, rolling Will, DC 10, if I fail expect a quick edit and likely one hell of a conversation piece....
[roll0]

Rolled, passed by a longshot, i almost am sad by that LOL

Gmonkey
2009-01-24, 09:23 AM
Letting out a laugh, "I may have forgotten the punchline to that one. But how about this one. Two sailors are adrift in a lifeboat after their ship was boarded by pirates, they're low on food and water and there's no land in sight. All of a sudden a mermaid breaches the water in front of them and calls out that she'd been watching the battle and was amazed by their skills, so she's decided to give them any one wish.

One of the sailors calls out without thinkingg, "Make the entire ocean into rum!". The mermaid smiles, slaps the water with her tail and disappears under the surface as from horizon to horizon the water turns into rum. The other sailor just looks shocked, smacks the first sailor on the back of the head and goes, "You pill...

Stalling at looking at Halcyone,

"Ahem, "You idiot! Now we have to pee in the boat""

ixious
2009-01-24, 09:43 AM
Raiyin gives a hearty laugh, relaxing slightly. "Yes, I have heard rumor of dwarven stouts and strong drink, possibly we may find some aboard this sunken ship. Of course gold and silver is paramount, but it would be nice to taste something better than brackish Ale while we count it all" His laugh continues, as if letting go of a heavy burden.

Gmonkey
2009-01-24, 10:51 AM
"Some good stout would go down rather nicely, completely forgot to pick up a small cask while i was on land, one of the few things I miss on a long journey"

Hastuur
2009-01-24, 11:00 AM
Maxxon the Red

Maxxon sits back listening to the stories and paying attention to the joke Vincent tells. He lets out a snorting laugh bobbing his head. He raises a piece of fish into the air at salute for the humor. After Raiyin is dine speaking he will stand to get everyone attention. " I come from the Red Bell Monastery in Achuak, I have lived there all my life....well so far.... I haven't traveled on a boat at all but I will find out where you all need my help i'm sure."

During his pause he glances over at Vincent's mention of spirits and gives a hearty "Ho!!" in reply.

He looks more loose around everyone as he gets to know them but does not go out of the way to start conversation.

ixious
2009-01-24, 11:01 AM
lifting up his pant-leg you see a 8 inch long metal flask tied with 2 ropes to his calf. Untying it the callouses on his ankle from the ropes are almost as obvious as those on the bottoms of his feet. Throwing the flask to Vincent,

"It's rum, barely, but it does the job."

Gmonkey
2009-01-24, 12:03 PM
Catching the flask in one hand, he chuckles at Raiyin's ingenuity, "Barely rum is better than definately water! To tail winds and gentle seas!" Vincent takes a quick draft from the flask, just enough for a proper taste. He shakes the flask while looking at Raiyin and nods towards Maxxon, "Share and share alike? And remind me I owe you a drink when we next hit port"

Ezeze
2009-01-24, 12:06 PM
Halycone bursts into a fit of giggles at Vincent's joke, and again when Raiyin presents his flask. "I don't think the good Captian would let us die of thirst, though I don't think he'd be much for any of you getting drunk off your feet either." She smiles and takes a bite of fish to punctuate her sentence. "As for me - I come from here and there, my parents came from here and there, and in fact most of my family from as far back as I can remember has come from the same." She shoots a sideways grin at Raiyin, because it's hard to not notice a guy who runs around shirtless covered in tattoos and piercings. "Like to keep near the water, though, if not on it."

Gmonkey
2009-01-24, 12:19 PM
With a wink towards Halcyone, "Everything in moderation miss, though a tipple never hurt anyone. Drink, Maxxon?"

ixious
2009-01-24, 12:27 PM
Grinning confidently at Halycone, he adjusts his vest. "Well honestly, best I know of our world, there ain't much land that is not near water, but I see what you are saying. As for the strong drink, it's more an extension of friendship than out of necessity. Men do not always have feasts simply because they are hungry, or drink because they are thirsty, it is often for the company they have in these endeavors. On that note, Maxxon, Jackson, my kind lady, feel free."

Extending a hand to Halycone, "Before we put our lives in the hands of those around us, sometimes it helps to get to know them. Maxxon is a master of physical prowess, Vincent that of verbal combat, Jackson a future captain, and you" looking at her bow "I would guess you a hunter of beast or treasure, either a most valuable asset. But it is not always the title that makes someone worth relying on, but who they are."

It is obvious he feels very comfortable talking to the girl, making eye contact and not studdering.

Hastuur
2009-01-24, 12:33 PM
Maxxon the Red

He takes the flask from Vincent and swigs just a bit. He then walks over to Raiyin and thanks him for the drink. "I did not think of buying any from the village. I will also repay when we get to a tavern."

He walks back to the rail looking at Halycone sheepishly as he has never seen such a race before.

Gmonkey
2009-01-24, 12:39 PM
[OOC - Vincent ;) ]

Nodding, "True, true, though you give me too much credit, just many evenings with nothing else to do but swap tales. Perhaps you'd tell us a tale of your last hunt miss Halcyone?"

Ezeze
2009-01-24, 01:53 PM
It doesn't take much asking to get Halcyone started telling stories. She begins telling a story about the time one of the ships she was scavenging turned out to be full of Sahuagin. There had been half a dozen looking for something - and they had found it. Though clever use of her spells and her ability to distract - she doesn't get much more specific then that - she split them up, got the one holding the object alone, then walked up and took it out of his hand. In the end it turned out to be some Wizard's scrying orb and she'd had to turn it over without payment, but still.
Perform (oratory) roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1910961/) Guess it's a pretty good story, even if it wasn't her last :smallcool:

Tichrondrius
2009-01-24, 06:05 PM
Jackson

Jackson reaches meekly to take the flask if its offered and takes a drink. "As for me... I was born close to the sea. Never met my Dad, was raised by my mom in a small inland village, but I was never much for. Didn't want to grow up to be a farmer, so I set out." He smiles widely at this next part, "And then I saw the ocean, and I knew that was where I wanted to be. Hooked up on a small boat for a bit and learned some things, and now i'm here." The boy ended, handing off the flask to another.

Cymru
2009-01-25, 05:05 PM
The captain glances around the group; "Okay lads, now you've all had a good nightcap, you better turn to bed. I'll keep watch, and sleep 'morrow during the day." As he says this, you see him fidgeting with a ring on his finger. "I'll wake you once the sun rises"

In the deckhouse you'll find a 20*15 foot space with 6 hammocks lying folded on the ground, and hooks in the ceiling to mount them (no check needed, but chars will need to figure it out:smallwink:

OOC; Want you all to roll 3 listen checks; assuming you all go to bed as the captain commands

A few dm rolls
next post

Cymru
2009-01-25, 06:15 PM
Buggered my dice rolls so again

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Hastuur
2009-01-25, 07:14 PM
Maxxon the Red

[OOC] If Maxxon cannot work out in the evening before bed then he will in the morning [OOC]

Listen Check 1 [roll0]
Listen Check 2 [roll1]
Listen Check 3 [roll2]

Ezeze
2009-01-25, 08:18 PM
Halcyone considered offering to help the Captain stand watch, but nights spent thrown down in some awkward places had taught her to take sleep where she could get it. She was no stranger to hammocks and got hers set up with relatively little difficulty, choosing the one closest to the door.

Listen of +/- 0
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Tichrondrius
2009-01-25, 08:36 PM
Jackson

Jackson chooses a random one in the middle and tries his best to set it up quickly, but it keeps falling off the chain in his drowsy state. With an exaggerated sigh he eventually sets it up right and lays down.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

ixious
2009-01-25, 09:31 PM
Walking toward the deck, Raiyin relaxes,

Finally, well tomorrow is a brand new day, and everyone seems pretty nice. Still...

Staring out at the water, Raiyin loses track of time....

listen
[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

if none of those passes he will wander downstairs and randomly pick a hammock eventually

DJDeMiko
2009-01-25, 10:42 PM
Nedric

In the small section of the ship, laughing called Nedric's workshop, really just an over-sized broom closet Nedric sits with one of his uncle's old spell books in his lap.

All along the walls are racks holding a variety of small and large bottles and more than a few books. The "young" halfling wizard is distracted by a gurgling noise and realizes that he has not yet eaten.

"When was my last meal," he says to himself. "Surely I ate this morning . . . . or was that yesterday. Damn you Nedric, you need to pay better attention than this! Your a real wizard now, peoples lives may depend on you! the captain depends on you."

He carefully closes the book and places it back into its slot, double checks that all the vials are secured and makes his way out of his closet and into the fresh air.

listen checks
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Gmonkey
2009-01-26, 08:44 AM
After dinner, Vincent will have a quick check around the ship, make a bit of small talk with the captain then head downstairs and whip up a free hammock, settle his hat over his face to keep out the light and fall asleep instantly to a light snoring.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Cymru
2009-01-26, 01:26 PM
All the characters fall asleep rather soon, Rayin, coming in latest, closes the double doors leading to the top deck behind him and goes to his hammock.

After an uncertain amount of time, you all of a sudden are awoken by a loud thud from the top of the sterncastle. It sounds as if a body has hit the deck there. As the doors are closed, and no candle is on, it is pitchblack inside the sterncastle.

[ooc]
We are about to enter our first round of battle, you have the surprise round, but do not know where/who/what the enemy is.

Now to resolve battles in an easy and fast manner, I first want an initiative roll from all of you. In the same post, post your action for the suprise round. Once all actions are posted(or 24 hours have gone by since this post), I will puzzle all of your posts(and the monster actions) together(according to initiative) and will post a result of the actions...(as your actions might cross path, I might have to adapt your action a bit, but I will take care of that.)

Once I post that "round summary" post, I will declare the 2nd round to begin, and we start all over again, with your posts, the 24 hour limit, and my summary.

At the beginning of every round I will post a battle grid with your actual positions. I you make a move action, please tell me where you are moving(i.e. moving to E14)

http://cymru.hoefsmederijbax.nl/battlegriddhow(round0).GIF

The letters on the grid, correspond to your chars first letter (c is captain)

[ooc]

DJDeMiko
2009-01-26, 01:54 PM
Nedric

initiative

[roll0]

Nedric had found most of the crew sleeping or heading that way and had gone into the galley for a small snack before heading to the sleeping quarters. He looked around, not recognizing the new faces and climbed up into his hammock.

When the noise happens

"What the hell was that?" he says.

Nedric will work his way onto deck. If he sees an enemy before he gets to that spot he will stop.

ixious
2009-01-26, 02:01 PM
Rai follows the mage, putting back on his canvas pants, and picking up his spear. As He is about to leave, he looks back at the quartz choker, and tie it around his neck. Silently getting in front of him if possible, walking spear out.

If he still has an action, his body shimmers for a second (likely no one notices unless looking right at him) Inertial Armor +4AC Force

Initiative:
[roll0]

OOC: Please tell me if said action occurred so I know to deduct the PP and add to my AC

Cymru
2009-01-26, 02:12 PM
Okay, to clarify some things, before it all goes horrible out of hand... You're all sleeping inside the sterncastle, which basically means you're on the same level as the top deck, but then inside the sterncastle(at the back).

The only way up would be to climb the ladder to the sterncastle, and the small deck atop of that

Ezeze
2009-01-26, 04:17 PM
Halcyone. Initiative [roll0]

Well, since it's pitch black and no one who doesn't have Darkvision can see (and I don't think any of us do, but I didn't double check that) Halcyone will get out of her hammock and cast Dancing Lights - unless someone else provides illumination first.

If someone else provides illumination, but no one or nothing comes into the sterncastle and there is nothing there to explain the thump, she will get up, take her spear, and open the door and go out onto the deck (unless someone else has already done this, in which case, she is following them, with her spear.)

If someone else provides illumination and someone comes into the sterncastle or there is something to explain the thump, well, it will depend what it is :smallconfused: If it's threatening she will get her shield and her spear. If it's not, she'll watch to see what happens.

Hastuur
2009-01-26, 04:37 PM
Maxxon the Red

Initiative Roll [roll0]

1st action (move): Get out of hammock and stand guard at the base of the ladder.

2nd action (regular): Defensive stance, watching top of ladder and waiting for someone to give orders (he is not the "take initiative" type guy)

Ezeze
2009-01-26, 04:43 PM
Sorry for the double post! Would have edited my original, but didn't want to mess with my roll. Forgot to provide the details for the spell Hal might cast. She is using Dancing Lights (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dancingLights.htm) to create four lights which resemble will-o'-wisps and shed clear light in a 20-foot radius and shadowy illumination out to a 40-foot radius (any creature in shadowy illumination has concealment, which gives a 20% miss chance and allows for a hide attempt). One light each goes to the squares G8, G9, H8 and H9.

For creatures with low-light vision (such as Hal herself) the lights seem to shed clear light in a 40-foot radius and shadowy illumination in an 80-foot radius.

For giggles, these are the rules for darkness (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/environment.htm#darkness). :smallbiggrin:

Tichrondrius
2009-01-26, 05:14 PM
Jackson

Jackson will get up and whisper to the others wondering whats happening, or waiting for some light. If where they are is lit up and nothing unusual is there, he'll move out of the sleeping cabin to investigate.

[roll0]

Gmonkey
2009-01-27, 08:41 AM
[Sorry I'm late, should have internet access properly this evening]

Vincent starts awake at the noise, pushing his hat up he slips off the hammock and grabs his weapons from the footlocker, nodding appreciation to Halcyone for the light, he waits by the door for someone else to be ready and would head out at the same time.

[roll0]

Cymru
2009-01-28, 04:43 AM
AS of now, posts for round 2 are welcome;

Summary; a second after the thump all of you are next to your hammock. Nedric, Vincent, Rai, Maxxon and Jackson storm out onto the deck. As Halcyon casts her dancing light, half the top deck is illuminated in bright light, and the further half in shadowy illumination. Near the railing, at the far end(N10) you notice a goblin climbing onto the deck.

http://cymru.hoefsmederijbax.nl/battlegriddhow(round1).GIF

OOC;
Rai; you won't be able to cast your spell
As or the rest; The bright yellow squares are lit brightly, and thus provide no penalties whatsoever. The "dirty" yellow squares are shadowy illuminated, and thus allow a 20% miss chance, and an opportunity to hide. The rest of the ship(lower deck, and top of sterncastle(where the sound came from)) is still pitch dark(white squares).

Make your posts for round 2, I'll be making a summary of it, according to the initiative order down below

FYI, battle order is;

Nedric 22
Vincent 14
Goblin(s) 14
Halcyone 12
Rai 9
Maxxon 9
Jackson 7

Hastuur
2009-01-28, 07:25 AM
Maxxon the Red

Action 1 (move): Move to L8

Action 2 (regular): Take defensive stance for goblin to attack. Yelling "HO! Gobbley, over here!".

Just in case
If the goblin makes it to me through the hail of missles he is about to get :smallsmile:

Unarmed Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Gmonkey
2009-01-28, 07:57 AM
OOC - How come Jackson has two initiatives? I want two initiatives! ;) On a more important note, is the hatch open or closed?

"Maxxon, you're with me, repel boarders! Rai, take Jackson and check on the captain, Hal can you get some light up there for them."

With that Vincent moves a step forward to K9 and drops into a fighting stance, his off sword upright to deflect attacks, his other held backhand ready for a disembowelling blow.

"Come on then gobbo, come out and fight"

Ready action to attack if a goblin comes within range.
Attack roll, [roll0]
Damage, [roll1]

Also, AC is 14, I really need to complete my character sheet ;)

Cymru
2009-01-28, 08:29 AM
OOC; Hmm, typo by me I guess.. Hatch is closed, opening it requires a full round action provoking AoO. In the same are, climbing the ladder is a move action, but also provokes AoO unless you make a tumbling check DC 15.

ixious
2009-01-28, 11:34 AM
Looking over at Jackson "Into the Darkness..." as his skin shimmers for a moment, and heading up the stairs.

OOC:

Inertial Armor (AC = 17, Touch = 13, Flat = 14)
5 foot step
Concentration DC: 20
[roll0]

DJDeMiko
2009-01-28, 12:15 PM
Nedric

Nedric sees a shadowy shape, possibly a goblin, climbing over the deck.

He summons his courage and calls out "Ho there, I am Nedric the Envoker, cease boarding this ship right now!"

He winces, feeling that his uncle would have commanded much more authority, and draws his crossbow.

He will ready an action. If he sees another goblin trying to board, he will blast it with magic missle.

magic missile damage
[roll0]

Ezeze
2009-01-28, 02:58 PM
Halcyone will walk out onto the deck moving to J10, the lights zooming out behind her - one set of two hovering about 5' up at I8 and J9, the other floating up to 15' in the same squares to shed light over the top of the sterncastle. She will then begin to chant, using Inspire Courage providing +1 morale bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saves against Charm and Fear effects to her allies (defined as all the other PCs).

Tichrondrius
2009-01-28, 08:32 PM
Jackson

"You really need me to check on the Captain? But out here..." Jackson said, pulling out his bow and firing a shot at the goblin, no questions asked. "Fine." He continued, moving in the quick direction to check on the Captain if he still has actions.

Attack!: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Cymru
2009-01-29, 05:16 AM
As Nedric calls out, the goblin looks up and freezes halfway on the railing of the ship. Nedric draws his crosbow, and waits.

Vincent moves forward, shouts, the goblin looks obviously terrified now.

The goblin on the railing by now has seen it can't win here, and drops back in the water. Then 3 Javelins are hurled from the top of the sterncastle, 2 for Vincent, one for Maxxon. All miss.

Attack Rolls (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1917181/)

Halcyone then moves out onto the deck, lighting the business and using inspire courage, revealing 3 goblins on top of the sterncastle, and the body of the captain lying there.

Ray, activates his armor, and climbs the ladderafter Hal's action your actions made no sense anymore, so took the liberty to adapt a bit

Maxxon spins around and takes a defensive stancesame note as for Ray

Jackson draws out his bow, shoots an arrow at a goblin on the sterncastle, and misses it, Jackson takes a 5 foot step towards the ladder.

posting for round 3 can begin now, had to alter some actions a bit, just to let them make sense. Remember climbing the ladder is a move action, which provokes an AoO, Rayin was plain lucky the goblin's weren't armed at the time he climbed

http://cymru.hoefsmederijbax.nl/battlegriddhow(round2).GIF

Ezeze
2009-01-29, 08:31 AM
Upon seeing the three Goblins, Halcyone starts to regret leaving her bow and shield in the sterncastle. But all three are within throwing range of her short spear, so she flings that at one while continuing to chant.

If all three are alive by her turn, Halcyone attacks the one at H15 - trying to protect others trying to climb the ladder.
If the goblin at H15 is dead but another has either moved up to take its place, or moved into H16, she will attack that one - with preference being given to either the most heavily wounded one, or the one in H16 if both are equally wounded.
If the goblin at H15 is dead, and no other goblin has moved into H15 or H16, she will attack the most heavily wounded goblin still within range (20 ft, or 4 squares)
In the event no goblin is either wounded, or in position to take AoOs on anyone climbing the ladder, she will attack the furthest from the melee fighters that is still within range of her short spear
In the event all visible goblins are dead, Halcyone will rush to the side of the ship and try and see where the goblin that dropped back into the water went, or where these goblins came from (going to L10)

Remember to include Inspire Courage in your to-hit and damage rolls! :smallbiggrin:
Attack: [roll0]

DJDeMiko
2009-01-29, 09:55 AM
Nedric

The halfling's face grows grim upon seeing his captain. He raises his hand towards the goblin nearest the captains body and fires a burst of magic

Gitp crashed and ate my roll

DJDeMiko
2009-01-29, 09:56 AM
Nedric

magic missile
auto hit
[roll0]

Hastuur
2009-01-29, 10:43 AM
Maxxon the Red

Action 1 (move): Going up Ladder

Action 2 (standard) Attack nearest goblin if possible, if he cannot reach one then go defence for AC bonus.

ixious
2009-01-29, 10:55 AM
Great, i have a ranged attack, and a weapon drawn that can only be used 10 feet away and a goblin in my face....Yes, i know what i am doing makes no sense, go ahead and let it fail...this character is having horrid luck in combat

Rai, looking concerned to find as many goblins up here as he has, attempts to attack [G3] with his spear, running [G4] through in the process.

Attack:
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Gmonkey
2009-01-29, 10:58 AM
Turning at the sound of javelins flying past his head, Vincent unleashes a string of curses as he notices the horde of goblins on the sterncastle. "For the captain! Rai make room!".
Running for the ladder Vincent does his best to slide between people and jumps half way up, dropping one of his swords to make it to the top of the sterncastle. Rolling past Rai's legs he brings his sword to bear on the closest goblin, leading with a vicious leg cut.

[spoiler]Tumble: [roll0]
Attack (if I have enough actions left that is): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Tichrondrius
2009-01-29, 09:17 PM
Jackson

Jackson curses mildly as he fumbles his hot, then rolls to get away from the goblins throwing spears, before latching another arrow in his bow and trying a shot at G3.

Cymru
2009-01-30, 05:23 AM
Nedric shoots a magic missile at [G4] and hits, leaving it disabled, and waving on it's feat.

Vincent then tumbles up the ladder and past Ray, and attacks [G4], but by sheer luck it waves past your sword, and does not get hurt.

The closest goblin[G4] launches his morningstar at Vincent and misses, (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1918661/) but falls to the ground unconsious due to the exhuastion. After that the now closest goblin[G3] takes a 5 foot step, and tries to hit Vincent with it's morningstar, and also misses (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1918663/). After that the goblin by the railing[G2] decides to charge Ray, and lands a gruelly hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1918670/)(confirm critical (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1918672/)), doing 6hp damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1918674/).

After that, Halcyone launches her shortspear at the goblin that just attacked Rai[G2], and hits it.

Rai, in shock after just being hit, tries to hit the goblin[G2] and only manages to scratch it's shield(miss).

Maxxon then moves up the ladder and provides [G2] with an AoO, which misses (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1918678/). You then proceed to attack, and hit it unconcious on top of it's goblin mate.

Jackson, takes a 5 foot step to get a line of sight, then loses another arrow at the last standing goblin(G3), but misses again.

Let the posting for round 3 start, grid at beginning of 3rd round;

http://cymru.hoefsmederijbax.nl/battlegriddhow(round3).GIF

ixious
2009-01-30, 07:28 AM
OOC: actually if i was hit for 6hp I am down, err..I used Resilience to reduce the damage to 5hp, how's that? I am quite bloody, 1hp, but your description still works....

Cymru
2009-01-30, 07:35 AM
OOC; Damn, sorry... yeh, you're on 1 hp now... Throwing a crit was bad luck

Hastuur
2009-01-30, 07:38 AM
Maxxon the Red

Action 1 (move): Step over to H15 to flank and clear line of sight for barrage of missiles.

Action 2 (standard): Put foot into face of goblin. If he is already down by my initiative then search area.

Ezeze
2009-01-30, 08:19 AM
Halcyone will continue chanting as she pushes past Maxxon on the ladder, going to H15 to retrieve her spear.

Gmonkey
2009-01-30, 09:25 AM
Vincent sidesteps the goblin to F15, trying to draw it's attention from Rai, swinging a high sweep that changes at the last moment to cut down at the goblins flank.

ixious
2009-01-30, 09:50 AM
Rai holds his actions, reeling from the pain, hoping to survive....

DJDeMiko
2009-01-30, 12:40 PM
Nedric

Nedric holds his action, scanning for any other goblins trying to board the ship.

If he sees one, he will shoot

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Cymru
2009-01-31, 07:33 AM
Nedric waiting for a goblin, spends a whole round waiting.

Vincents sidesteps to F15, swings his sword, and misses.

The last standing goblin swings his morningstar in reply to the miss, and hits Vincent (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1919928/). Doing 3 hp damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1919929/).

The other 2 goblins spend their round miserably gurgling on the floor.

Halcyon moves to H15, steps on the gurgling goblins and picks up her spear.

Rai too spends his round waiting in patience.

Maxxon moves to F14, and misses the Goblin

Jackson[OOC; hasn't replied in 24 hours, autopilot for this round] shoots and arrow at the Goblin and misses (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1919932/).

The posts for hopefully the last round(round 5) are welcome now;

http://cymru.hoefsmederijbax.nl/battlegriddhow(round4).GIF

Hastuur
2009-01-31, 10:17 AM
Maxxon thr Red

Action 1 (move): Step to G14 for goblin flank

Action 2 (standard): Free action to yell "surrender gobby!" Attack if pervoked to do so.

Gmonkey
2009-01-31, 10:55 AM
[OOC - Isn't Maxxon already flanking with Rai? Unleash the fury man!]

Whipping a dagger from a sheath Vincent feels more comfortable holding two weapons, flashing a glance at Hal he distracts the goblin with a dagger flashing towards his head, his short sword going in for a vicious stab.

+ Sneak Attack Damage [roll2]

Edit - God damn it, I keep forgetting to close my spoilers!

Ezeze
2009-01-31, 11:39 AM
If no one else manages to skewer the last goblin before Halcyone's turn, she will poke it with her spear.

[roll0]
(+1 from Strength, +1 from chant, +2 from flank with Vincent - if Vincent moves, it will be 2 less, unless there is a way that she can flank again with a 5-ft step, in which case she does that.)
[roll1]

If the Goblin is dead before her turn, or if Halcyone gets the final attack in, she will start handing out orders, looking pointedly at each man as she gives them instructions, banking on her own ability to persuade and the others' awareness that there needs to be someone temporarily in charge to prevent chaos as soon as they are without leader or goal.
[roll2]
"Jackson, look for the other goblin, or for a way they could have gotten on board. Max, take Rai back into the Sterncastle - that goblin got a lucky shot off, and I don't want another to do the same. Vincent, can you go below deck and make sure none of them got into the supplies? If anyone finds anything, yell for help before you do anything else, even if you think you can handle it on your own!"
Then she turns her attention to Nedric, and as politely as she can manage, asks "Who are you?" She will go to the Captain's body, assuming it is in one piece, to check for a pulse. If it's not, she will climb down from the Sterncastle and help Jackson.

(OOC: Did this mostly because Hal is the only one who A) Didn't use Charisma as a dump stat and B) Has ranks in Diplomacy. :smallbiggrin: We'll probably be sitting down to decide what to do next once this whole Goblin thing is over.)

Cymru
2009-01-31, 12:19 PM
The goblin drops on his knees, drops his morningstar and shield.. And looks up at the people surrounding him. He mumbles on in Goblin language(Noone speaks Goblin here?).

The captain's head is a bloody mess, he is obviously dead.

ixious
2009-01-31, 12:32 PM
OOC: I speak goblin, am chaotic neutral, and thought I died...so sorry in advance

Putting his spear right at the goblin's neck, Rai speaks in goblin:

for those that speak goblin:

Then why harm us, you have had your revenge, yet you nearly killed me and these other innocent people. Help us navigate the seas and avoid those of you who have less noble intentions, or sadly, you will pay the price for taking your revenge too far

The speartip nicks the goblin and Rai stands motionless waiting.

Ezeze
2009-01-31, 12:41 PM
Hal isn't attacking a foe who has obviously surrendered, and definitely not one who seems to be parlaying with another member of the crew. She'll still ask Jackson to look for the other Goblin, and Vincent to check below deck, but she wont ask Rai to rest in the Sterncastle, since he's doing something.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-31, 01:40 PM
Jackson

Jackson nods in agreement and looks for the other goblin for a moment, before noticing Hal has stopped attacking the surrending goblin. He scans for the last goblin, but takes out his bow and aims it up at the surrendered one. "Kill it anyway." He states.

So sorry for not posting, the forums went down for me everytime I tried to post in this one. ^^

Spot Check for the last Goblin: [roll0]

DJDeMiko
2009-01-31, 01:46 PM
Nedric

Nedric is running around the edges of the ship making sure no more goblins lurk hiding.

Ezeze
2009-01-31, 02:33 PM
Halcyone snaps back at Jackson "Wait! At least hear what he has to say!"

Gmonkey
2009-01-31, 04:15 PM
"Agreed, hold it Jackson. Rai, what's he saying? can you ask it where it's friends are?" He sheathes his weapons as he nods to Hal, "Aye, you two get the story out of this one, we'll check on the ship." before climbing down the ladder he kneels next to the captain to close his eyes, "Rest ye poor lad, sail the final sea till we join you"

Vincent retrieves his dropped sword from earlier, and takes Jackson by the arm, "Come with me lad, leave those two to look after that creature and we'll check below decks. Hal! Can we get one of those lights over above the hatch?"

With that he'll open up the hatch while getting Jackson to cover him.

Cymru
2009-01-31, 04:16 PM
Since it is quite dark, you don't see anything out of the circle of light... So you just see the goblin at the edge of the light coming from the dancing lights.

The goblin replies to Rai, in Goblin;

"You were between us and our boat, you shouldn't have woken..."

Hope you have a source of light. The lower deck is dark. Once Hal has arranged light you notice the lower deck is empty, with only some water and food stuffs in the back. The captain's chest is in the back. And in the front Nedric's wizard work shop.

ixious
2009-01-31, 04:33 PM
In goblin as well, lifting the spear slightly off his throat

so does that mean you will help us, or are these wounds just sopposed to heal with an I'm sorry, hope the next group of goblins don't kill you. Apologize and surrender all you want, but if you are no going to help to us, then you are "between my spear and it's place on the ground"

His tone sounds dark, sarcastic, and again he waits, turning an eye to the rest of the group.

"He and I are negotiating a surrender"

Cymru
2009-01-31, 04:38 PM
The goblin, looking terrified;

"Please, kind sir, I cannot do much, I can fight for you, I can work in the sails for you... But please, help my comrades, they're dying... The captain owed us, big time... We spared his time last time he went past this spot. You are too strong for us.."

ixious
2009-01-31, 04:42 PM
His face loosening, the spear moves away. lowering a hand to the goblin Thank you, your comrads are a good ways away, i think it best to tell them quickly we are allies now.

Looking to the rest of the group
"he has agreed to help us while we are without a captain, but we need to inform his allies of this agreement immediately."

Cymru
2009-01-31, 05:08 PM
The goblins takes your hand... And replies in goblin, "My only comrades are there, in a pool of blood, dying" pointing at the dying goblins. Then he continues; "That fleeing coward is not my comrade"

Those who understand goblin, make a sense motive check

Gmonkey
2009-01-31, 05:09 PM
Relaxing at Rai's words, and the lack of any more enemies in the hold, Vincent returns to the top of the ladder, glares at the goblin a little as another twinge of pain racks his side.

"Is his help going to be worth it? I suggest we restrain him for the moment while we decide what to do. And Rai, for gods sake get down and get someone to have a look at that wound, one of us can stab him as well as you can if he tries anything, get him to shout to his crew and then we'll call you if he starts jabbering." Quieter as he kneels by the captain again, Forgive me cap'n, he'll pat the captain down for the key to his chest, the map and anything that's going to be important to the journey.

Search check: [roll0]

A slight sigh as he pockets the contents of what he finds and nods at Hal, "Let's get the cap'n down, then I think we needs us a meeting"

ixious
2009-01-31, 05:13 PM
Sense Motive:
[roll0]

more to come with what that reveals

Edit: ok that is low enough Rai is going with his gut.....

Looking Vincent "No reason to signal the other goblin...but as for restraining him, I hear sincerity in his words. He knows if he makes one false step i have no fear killing him, keeping him bound in a brig would make our wounds worth nothing, let's make him useful...."

Looking at the goblin, "so first order of buisness is cleaning up the mess your comrads made, I am sorry you must dispose of a friend's body, but think of it as a step to penance."

Walking over to Vincent, whispering

"I trust him no further than i can throw him, but if he can be another set of hands, anything is better than having us aimlessly float."

Ezeze
2009-01-31, 05:40 PM
Hal guides her lights out over the hatch. "I've traveled with stranger companions before. But what did he say to make it better that he attacked us?" She looks Rai over "and almost killed you." She peers out at the retreating boat "I'm worried he'll come back with reinforcements, but I don't think I could capture him alone - not without killing him."

ixious
2009-01-31, 05:46 PM
Well the goblins killed our captain, so we either use this goblin to TRY to avoid any more incidents like this, or kill him and just hope Jackson is a good enough captain to get us where we need to.

*tossing a knife to Jackson*
If you are confident we do not need the Goblin, you be the one to slit his throat. He has surrendered and offered to help, but I am not the leader of this ship, you are now........

The sarcasm dripping off his words borders on spitting, and the knife appears to go straight for his throat before dropping into his hand neatly.

DJDeMiko
2009-01-31, 07:20 PM
Nedric

Nedric finishes his circuit and climbs up the ladder. He rushes to the captains side and grows quiet.

Hastuur
2009-01-31, 07:40 PM
Maxxon the Red

Maxxon seems very impartial during this and nods to Vincent that he will watch over the goblin. Although he's appearant shock is visible when it comes to talk about murduring the goblin captive.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-31, 10:38 PM
Jackson

"Him and his comrades killed the Captain, I don't like goblins, I don't trust goblins, and this one will kill us all in our sleep if we let him stay here." Jackson cast a look and pointed his bow at the fleeing goblin on the boat, and cursed a little before hanging it back on his back.

"Anyway..." He continued, hefting up the knife that Rai gave him and walking over to the goblin. "I think this is justice. The Captains life was worth at least," He counted the corpses, and added the still living goblin to it, "Three of these buggers. Any objections? I think the new Captain should be put to a vote... just like this... I don't know if I'm ready to lead." He muttered, softly, still unsure of his decision no matter his feelings.

Ezeze
2009-02-01, 01:21 AM
Halcyone glares at Jackson "Justice? You can't make blood right by spilling more of it. I don't know why they killed the captain, and I don't know why they attacked us rather then surrendering from the beginning, but the creature you are talking about murdering" she spits the word, dripping with venom "has thrown down his arms and has offered to make peace - make peace despite the fact that we killed his friends!" By this time she is addressing everyone on the ship "How barbaric must you be if you insist on blood where a Goblin is willing to parley?"

ixious
2009-02-01, 02:00 AM
Throwing up his hands, Rai looks to Hal, Good, one person on this ship respects a surrender, but sadly it looks like you and I are the minority, should i at least tell the goblin to get his weapon so it LOOKS like it was a fair fight? Oh, and while we are at it, it may be important to ask, Captain, what are we doing next, with the impending strike of goblins and no information on what they want, how are we getting to our intended goal, how far do i have to swim to get back to where people have sense... Rai continues, mumbling to himself, his fists clenched.

DJDeMiko
2009-02-01, 02:22 AM
Nedric

Nedric stirs from his quiet contemplation over the captain, whose life he swore to defend's, body.

"I think we should hear what it has to say," he says with a sharp edge in his voice. "If he was a member of that group that snuck aboard my ship in the middle of the night and cut down my captain in cold blood, then I see no reason not to kill him where he stands. I will give him the chance to explain himself though, not that I believe he will have anything to say for himself."

"As to the captain of this ship, I am not quite sure who has legal ownership of it now."

ooc - does Nedric know of any relatives or so on who would inherit the ship?

"If no claims exist . . . I propose that we strike an agreement for equal ownership and equal pay . . . "

Hastuur
2009-02-01, 08:45 AM
Maxxon the Red

Maxxon still standing over the goblin gets a wide-eyed panic look at Jackson as he approches with the knife. He eases up when Halcyone talks and even makes a nod in agreeance. When Rai makes his comments Maxxon slightly raises his hand to show that he is part of this "minority", he looks sort of afraid to speak out though.

"The balance was corrected and justice was served. He needs to be punished but not in this way..." He mumbles to himself not caring if anyone hears him, he just says it to right himself.

He then looks over at Nedric and shrugs his shoulders as if is vote would not count. His body language highly suggests he is WAY out of his element.

Gmonkey
2009-02-01, 09:05 AM
"Aye, Maxxon has it right, leave it be lad, there's been enough blood shed this night.

(If the lights are still here)
"Ach, Hal? Can you send one of those lights over where the other one was rowing? I know I'd like te see if there are any more of these creatures around other than the one with his tail between his legs"

(If the light's have gone out)
"Right, let's get a bit of light on deck shall we, and Hal, could you make up another one of those lights? I'd like to see if that coward's going to fetch any friends"

[OOC - Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Rai translated the goblin saying there weren't any others, and if he did. No harm in checking anyway right?]

Ezeze
2009-02-01, 11:04 AM
Hal nods and the lights zoom out over the water at a rate of 100 feet per round , curving slightly so that they don't go more than 110 ft from Halcyone. She mostly explores that side of the ship, not taking the light far enough from the goblin in the boat to cast him into shadow.

(ooc: They last one minute, and she can cast them once more before she sleeps again, after that we'll be working with starlight.)

Tichrondrius
2009-02-01, 10:13 PM
Jackson

"Alright then, out-voted." Jackson said, nodding at Halcyone, with a smile. "But I hope you put this thing down if it manages to kill me or anything else, and remind me to learn some goblin..." He muttered, then turned back to it, "So, Goblin, you are working for us now... your comrades are dead, and we're your only hope of never seeing the bottom of the ocean. Do a good job, mend your ways and try not to be a piss-poor replacement for the Captain." He leaned in close, "And do whatever we say without question, and maybe I won't kill you."

Then he leaned up and gave the dagger back to whoever it belonged to and double checked his own equipment. "So, I think we should let him go and have him clean up the mess his comrades made... then get back to bed. I'll stay up here and keep an eye on him and sound the alarm if we get attacked again." Then he flashed a boyish smile and reverted to the look he had when he came onboard- doe-eyed naivety.

Cymru
2009-02-04, 03:36 AM
The sense motive attempt fails, dramatically

The goblin drops back to it's comrades, hugging their corpses.. Mumbling in goblin; "Kill my friends? My best friends? My allies? Couldn't do".

As Hal sends her light after the fleeing goblin, it reveals a horrifying sight;

about 20 boats; all boats filled with goblins, angry goblins, goblins looking for a kill. This all at a distance of 110 feet

As you look upon this horrifying sight, the goblin kneeling at his dead comrades grabs a morningstar and shield, rises and smiles. He looks at Rai and speaks in common; "You should have killed me. And that coward should not have fled".

As he points at the fleeing goblin, it's rowing boat is hit by several fireballs coming from the mass of goblin army, and burns to a cinder.

Hope this will solve the internal leadership and alignment squables. As for Nedric; you don't know any of the captain's relatives, come to think of it, you cannot even remember him ever telling his name. You do remember he guards has the key to his chest on the lower deck, and guarded it very closely

Ezeze
2009-02-04, 08:12 AM
The color from Halcyone's face drains. She steps back, away from the newly armed goblin, forgetting him a moment as she summons another quartet of wisp-like lights and sweeps them in the opposite direction - looking for a way out.

Cymru
2009-02-04, 08:22 AM
With the goblins between you and the coastline, the only way out is the opposite direction, south, onto the open ocean.

(time for some knowledge geography check)

Hastuur
2009-02-04, 08:28 AM
Maxxon the Red

He is taken back momentarily at the sight and then sees the gobling arm himself. "Forfit it is creature". me mutters to himself.

Action (full round): Put foot into face of goblin that has not accepted our terms of surrender

Initiative Roll [roll0]

Unarmed Attack [roll1] Damage [roll2]

WHOOT!! big wiff over his head. Maybe the wind will knock him down--:smallsmile:

Cymru
2009-02-04, 01:26 PM
no need for initiative, we'll free flow through this battle... Just post actions as we go... Unless you want to attack the advancing goblin horde...

DJDeMiko
2009-02-04, 02:40 PM
Nedric

"Oh &%$^," Nedric says. "Do any of you good fellows know how to sail a vessel this large?"

ixious
2009-02-04, 02:43 PM
(ooc: 4 power points to burn then it's nap time......this is going to be spectacular, or I will be rolling a new character in a few minutes >.>
)

Shaking with rage, Rai stabs his spear into the ground,

"You made a fool of me, I will not make that mistake again"

Holding up one hand a thin line of lightning strikes the goblin's shield

Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Holding up the other hand, another beam of electricity shoots out

Attack:
[roll2]

Damage:
[roll3]

The air around Rai shakes, the shines (inertial armor, for the effect) as the boards below the goblin creak. The dead goblin is lifted (assuming he is under 100 pounds) and thrown at the goblin.

Attack:
[roll4]

Damage:
[roll5]
and knock him down if hits

Just as it hits him, Rai collapses in a pool of his own blood.

Helpless, unconscious, 0hp, whatever you want to call "not getting up for a good long while"

NOTE: All Hits, this character may live through this encounter.....

Cymru
2009-02-04, 04:47 PM
Rai, draining his lasts powers hits the goblin twice, stagerring he then throws a goblin body at the last standing goblin. As both bodies connect they hit the deck hard, splattering goblin brain goo..

not unconcious yet, 0hp, doing anything more than just moving around will cause you to drop to -1 and be dying...

As for sailing the vessel, with Rai dropping out for now, the "captain" (basically someone with ranks in profession sailor) needs to make a DC 5 skill check to steer the boat... If Rai would be helping, no skill checks are needed

Gmonkey
2009-02-05, 04:24 AM
Thinking maybe he spoke to quickly about goblin pirates not being a problem a trail of curses follows Vincent as he scrambles up the ladder and runs for the rudder. "Damn and blast it, quick lads, we need every bit of canvas we can get on if we're going to outrun these..." another string of expletives as he takes an indepth look at the goblins' sexual preference, lineage and the questioning of their mother's race.

Sailor roll: [roll0]

Cymru
2009-02-05, 04:33 AM
nice...

Driven by an undescribable urge to get away from the gobbies the party raises the canvas as if they're true sea veterans.

The ship start moving in a slow pace, picking up speed as it goes... The goblins come closer, bolts and arrow sink into the wood and deck, exploding fireballs all around the ship, one partially taking away a section of hull.

But.. You lot make it, as the ship picks up speed, the goblin grow smaller the arrows, bolts and fireballs grow lesser. After sailing for a few hours, the party is tired, drops anchor, and must now finish their night's rest.

As for treasure, on the goblins you find 4 leather armors, 4 morningstars, and 4 shields, all for small creatures. On your captain you find; a (magic) ring, a spyglass, the map, and the key to the captain's chest.

As for XP, check the OOC thread. In the morning, as you set out, you need 2 geography checks, one to find out where you are and one to plot your course to wherever you go.

Gmonkey
2009-02-05, 04:51 AM
Heaving a weary sigh, Vincent makes it down from the sterncastle. "Right, looks like we've lost them. You lot turn in for the night, try and get a few hours in before dawn. Not expectin' any more trouble tonight but I canna sleep now anyway, may as well take watch. First thing in the mornin' I'll look at the maps, get a bearing on where we are, then we can work out what we're doing." Vincent will offer to give Rai a hand towards bed, he's probably not looking so hot right about now

And those geography checks for the morning:
Roll the first:1d20+4
Roll the second1d20+4

Gmonkey
2009-02-05, 04:58 AM
[OOC - Apologies for double post]

And those geography checks for the morning:
Roll the first: [roll0]
Roll the second [roll1]

Cymru
2009-02-05, 05:29 AM
During Gmonkey's shift, the wind picks up a bit of speed. The rain continues to drizzle down relentlessly.

OOC;

my rolls for weather (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1926647/)

Maybe it's a good time to discuss where you are going?

ixious
2009-02-05, 07:12 AM
/is unconscious wherever someone put him...........

Roll for dreams
[roll0]

Tossing and turning, Rai seems haunted by unseen spectres. Every once and a while a pained moan escapes him with clenched fist. The next morning he awakes, looking down at his wounds, then his hands.

What did I do........

Hastuur
2009-02-05, 08:02 AM
Maxxon the Red

He takes Rai over to a low hammok and keeps watch over him as much as possible. He seems even more quiet as he thinks over the experience from the past days. Maxxon follows direction and tries to learn as much as he can.

On the morning after the chase he will scrounge around for items and try to put together a decent meal of seasoned fish.

Here's to hoping I dont make everyone sick........
Profession ( Cook ) Roll [roll0]

Gmonkey
2009-02-05, 11:35 AM
Once everyone's awake, and has something to munch on, Vincent will get everyone together for a bit of a meeting, either on deck if Rai is feeling up to it, or inside the sterncastle cabin if not.

"Right lads, we need to work out a few things. Right now we're down a captain, there's a fleet of goblins that may or may not be chasing us, Rai would probably fall over if you breathed on him too hard and the fine lady could do with a couple of repairs.

"Though on the plus side, the ship's still seaworthy enough, we still have the map, the hold's full of food, water and the captain's chest and as long as we keep an eye out we can probably still outrun those dirty goblin beggars.

"So right now, we've got a few things to decide, we need to vote in a captain, at least till port, and we need to decide where to plot a course to. I've a mind to go after that treasure, though after this I wouldn't look down on anyone who'd want to head back to land. If need be I figure we could make it to port and back again within a week, skirting those pirates."

A moments pause, then turning to Nedric

"Ah, I'd be Vincent, The tall one's Maxxon, this lad here is Jackson, the half dead mage is Rai and the lady there is Hal. I take it you're the mage who was with the cap'n for his last voyage?"

ixious
2009-02-05, 12:07 PM
Leaning heavily on his spear, Rai speaks up "We have come all this way, if we have lost the goblins I say we go for the treasure. My wounds will mend quickly, though I am confused why you call me a mage. I hardly think a mage would make his living catching fish! Which reminds me, Maxxon..errr...good job, and thanks for taking care of me last night" He blushes near crimson, before regaining composure. Thank you all, you trusted me even when I failed you, and since we are all alive, obviously can care for yourselves quite well. I will attempt to be more careful in the future, but I owe each of you my life, and gratitude." Making a huge fake grin "BUT NONE OF MY SHARE OF THAT HUGE TREASURE! Let's see that map again!"

OOC: He doesn't remember how he killed the goblin, just that he did, he knows he has SOME strange quirks, but not a full-blown psion/mage. Next fight that will become evident. He is not going to refer to the captain's chest, as he does not know about it and if he did honestly would not want to take the captain's goods when there is plenty of booty to take on the dwarven ship.

DJDeMiko
2009-02-05, 02:44 PM
Nedric

Nedric bows his head politely to each person as they are Introduced.

"You guessed right," he says in a quiet polite voice. All can hear that he is still dismayed over the captain's death. "My name is Nedric and I am of the Shipsunder clan. Not a creative name I know, but my family's trade doesn't require a lot of creativity. I am . . . was . . . the ships mage."

He pauses for a moment thinking "As far as I know the captain has no family. I would like to suggest that until we reach safety we act as a team."

He looks at everyone and continues "We are all stuck on this ship, for good or ill. I say that we try to reach a port safely, find if this ship has a legal owner and split whatever loot we find on the way. In the mean time though," Nedric picks the captains key off the table, "I think we should see if the captains chest holds any information."

ixious
2009-02-05, 03:15 PM
Raising an eyebrow "The man gave his life on a quest to find this treasure, and you wish to turn sail, head for the closest port, and grieve? I did not know the captain well, but I am sure his memory would be better served fulfilling this journey than heading to dock!"

Only read if you suspect Rai is not telling the truth and rolled a Sense Motive of 3 or higher Rai is a Horrible Horrible liar

Bluff: [roll0]
He is desperate to get the treasure, he is saying whatever it takes to get some degree of unity on the issue that we need to go get the treasure, period.

Hastuur
2009-02-05, 03:17 PM
Maxxon the Red

Maxxon nods thankfully at Rai at the comment. He turns to Vincent to get his attention "I have some carpentry skills. I know dat not be the same as building a ship but I know wood."

ixious
2009-02-05, 03:18 PM
Rai blushes slightly and gives a sheepish grin.

Ezeze
2009-02-05, 03:36 PM
Hal looks Rai over appraisingly, then moves to stand next to him. She whispers "hold still a moment" and touches his torso gently near where the goblin skewered him. She casts Cure Light Wounds, muttering "Don't exert yourself too hard, I can't do this very often." Rai regains [roll0]hp

"If any of us has a right to act as leader of this ship, it's Nedric, since he is the only one among us who hasn't only just joined up. Rather than take charge though, he has suggested we work as a team, and I rather like the idea, especially as I don't know any of you well enough to trust you in leading all of us just yet. For now, we'll let everyone be responsible for our selves, and deal with any problems that might crop up together."

She looks around seriously "We were hired to do a job, and I think we should do that job. But I also think that, if we find the treasure, we should portion off a part of it as the Captain's share and deliver it to any heir he might have along with the ship its self. As payment for the map and use of the ship, you understand. Even dead he's still holding up his end of the deal."

(ooc:
Halcyone casts Know Direction for a +10 to Knowledge (Geography)
Bardic Knowledge (for bonus to Geography): [roll1]
Geography (add +5 if Bardic Knowledge was above 10) [roll2]
Spellcraft (an attempt to identify the school of magic in the magic ring) [roll3] )

DJDeMiko
2009-02-05, 05:14 PM
Nedric

Nedric considers Rai's words as the others talk.

"I had not thought of it that way. I am not sure if the captain's death was necessarily linked to the treasure, but you are right that he hired us to find it. My concern is that we might be sailing off with a ship that the captain would want to go to family. Let me propose this. We find the treasure, but reserve one share of the gold to go to the captain's heir. Assuming one can be found. It is only fair. however, I think perhaps we should check his chest now. some of our questions may be answered within."

Nedric stands up, wait for anyone who chooses to join him and then heads to the chest with the key and tries to open it.

Cymru
2009-02-06, 05:13 AM
In the chest are 3 items;

A magical orb
Ownership papers for the ship
A scroll, rolled closed, signed with the captain's name and "Only to be opened after my death"

If you open the scroll, it read;

LS,

If anyone reads this letter, it probably means I have died on sea and in action. I hope you have taken the trouble to revenge my death, and let those responsible pay for it.

I have no heirs I know of, I probably have many kids, and a lot of woman claiming to be my true love. But none know my name, noone shall proudly tell I was his father or lover.

Therefor, now that I'm dead, my properties belong to this ship and it's crew. And the ship belongs to the crew aboard. Don't try pulling it to pieces and share it between you. Man it as you are, and make your fortune. Be shure your name will be remembered on Oceanium.

As for the items I leave behind; In this chest is a magical orb, when used properly it can heal most wounds[ooc; orb of cure light wounds, 50 charges]. On my person you will find a golden ring, the person wearing it can go without food or water, and a lot less sleep[ooc; ring of sustainance]. This comes in handy when being chased by blood crazed goblins...

These items I have gathered in my life, I worked hard to gather, and hope it will bring you as much joy as me.

Now, at the end of this letter, I give you one final order. Don't grieve for me, don't dig a deep grave. Return my body to the nameless and big unknown grave. Dispose of my body in the sea, say a prayer, and continue on the journey we where on. Don't return, finish what you've started.

Finish what you start, that is my lesson to you,

The captain,

Leo McMartinian

Hastuur
2009-02-06, 07:45 AM
Maxxon the Red

Maxxon listens to whomever reads the scroll out loud and nods approving Leo's wishes. He bows his head and folds his hands behind his back.

"Nothing better than returning your body back to nature, he was a good man it seems and should go with all the good blessings."

He turns around, grabs a piece of fish and starts working to patch the damage pausing mid-day to fix lunch.

Profession ( Carpentry ) Roll [roll0]
Profession ( Cook ) Roll [roll1]

Cymru
2009-02-06, 08:14 AM
After a minute work on the hull damage, you realise trying to repair it is going to take a lot of time. You estimate it would take you 20 very succesfull minutes. Or, if you take it slow, 5 hours of work.

You are however reasonable sure the gobbies did not follow you, since war canoes are not made for the open ocean.

OOC; mechanics of repairing hull section

A craft carpenter check requires a DC 19 check to repair 1 point of hp damage(plus 1 hp per every point by which you exceed 19). This takes one minute. With 20 damage overall(2 sections, 10 hp per section), this would take you 20 DC19 checks, thus 20 succesfull minutes.

If you take 20, you have a total of 22, which means you repair 4 hp damage in an hour. Taking 5 hours would mean you've repaired all.

Ezeze
2009-02-06, 10:42 AM
Having followed Nedric to the chest and read the scroll out loud, Halcyone looks at the ring she had been unsuccessfully trying to identify (ooc: attempted a spellcraft check in an earlier post. Sort of figured she'd still have it, unless someone took it from her?). "So that is how he kept watch like he did. I've heard about rings like this - they work gradually at first, have to attune themselves to the body of the person wearing it. It usually takes about a week... I suppose it should be worn by someone willing to stand watch. Someone we can sort of trust but who doesn't have to rest or prepare spells." She smiles at no one in particular "I think Maxxon should wear it, at least for now." If no one objects, she holds the ring out to Maxxon.

She nods towards the orb "That, on the other hand. If that is what I think it is, it should probably be carried by someone who can do healing magic already, since that makes it easier to use, right Nedric?" she pauses for an answer from the mage, getting confirmation of her statement more for the others present than for herself, then continues "Can you do any healing? Or you, Rai? I can do a little, as I said, so it might just make sense for me to carry it if no one else can." She seems to be stepping very delicately around the issue; it does make sense that she carry it, but she doesn't want to appear to be collecting treasure for herself.

ixious
2009-02-06, 12:06 PM
Looking down at his hands "I am not sure, I do not study like a mage, and half the time I have no idea what I am doing. I just so angry, it felt...natural. Normally the best I can do is making things move. I think I can heal too considering that stab" *running his hand over where he was wounded* "should have killed me, but since I have no conscious control over it, I think you should carry it. You patched me up pretty well."

DJDeMiko
2009-02-06, 02:04 PM
Nedric

"Ah, I guess that answers most of our questions. I agree with you on the ring. Whoever wheres it must accept the responsibility of the look out, which means many lonely nights watching the seas as the rest of us sleep."

ooc - are orbs like wands? or can anyone use them?

"I think we should send the captain to the sea as he wished and then try to find this treasure he spoke of."

Ezeze
2009-02-06, 06:53 PM
(ooc:

ooc - are orbs like wands? or can anyone use them?

Asked and answered in OOC thread.)

Hastuur
2009-02-08, 09:18 AM
Maxxon the Red

While Maxxon is working on the ship he comes up on the ceck and hears Halcyone talk about the ring. He continues on stopping in surprise. 'Wait...what? I...I...don't know, I mean I can but i'm sure someone else is more deserving than meself."

While he is staring at the ring he looks up at Nedric. "Not lonely at all if you know how to listen to nature. It's actually peaceful meditating and practicing unter natures sky." He quiets up suddenly and looks around like he feels that nobody wants to hear his opinion.

He will lean over to Halcyone and whisper...."Do the magic keep me from eating at all? I kinda like eating...........a lot" he grins a bit.

ixious
2009-02-08, 10:37 AM
Rai chuckles a bit, putting an arm on Maxxon, "Oh, far from it, you just require less to feel full. Plenty of captains I have met had rings like this, and could shut down a pub! Plus if you ever need company, I am a bit of a night owlbear, and best I know, whatever I do doesn't require sleep."

Quickly Rai realizes how has his arm around Maxxon, blushes pulling it back, and attempting to pay close attention to the hull of the ship. "Looking good!"

Gmonkey
2009-02-08, 11:57 AM
"Aye, Hal, that sounds best, Maxxon's a good fit for the ring, and I know I wouldn't have the first clue about the crystal ball.

Now I think Nedric has a point, the captain needs a burial. Give me a moment. Nedric, you know anything about the cap'n's gods?"

Vincent hurries off below deck to look for some sailcloth, and a needle and thread for wrapping the captain.

OOC-Question is moer at Cymru than Nedric ;)

Cymru
2009-02-09, 03:49 AM
*The captain was a follower(as most captain's on Oceanium) of Valkur, god of sea and travel. Info about this deity can be found in stormwrack or "faiths and panteons"*

DJDeMiko
2009-02-09, 12:16 PM
Nedric

"Valkur," Nedric says. "I think we should just have a simple ceremony for his. He wouldn't want to many frills."

Cymru
2009-02-10, 06:05 PM
The captains is buried in a true seafarer style... Feeded to the fishies.... It is now halfway through the day on the first day after meeting the goblins.. The ship has been repaired.. And if you look at the sky, you judge you can still do 3 to 4 hours of sailing before the light fails you...

[ooc; Summary on what you know about the treasure; It was a dwarven ironclad, transporting a highly valuable cargo. It sank on the location marked on the map. The map is a pretty detailed picture of the continent and it's surrounding waters]

Ezeze
2009-02-10, 09:58 PM
(OOC: Rolled a 24 for Knowledge (Geography), can we find our way? It's up there with the light blue wall of text.)

DJDeMiko
2009-02-11, 12:35 AM
Nedric

"I must admit I know little of sailing or navigation, my skills are more usefull in destroying ships . . . . but if we can find our way to that spot . . ."

Cymru
2009-02-11, 04:14 AM
You have an idea of which course to set to get there... And with Vincent pilot check, you have a good idea where you are.... So yes, you could find the ship.. It is a trip of 3 or 4 more days...

Ezeze
2009-02-11, 07:39 AM
"Well, that way is North" Halcyone points Northward with absolute certianty ('cause, you know, she cast the spell...) "So..." She studies the map "Wouldn't we want to go that way?" She points again.

Cymru
2009-02-11, 05:23 PM
As all characters have agreed to hunt the treasure, you move in the direction Halcyon and Vincent point out. After about 6 days of fair winds, drizzling rain, and good sailing, you reach the point where the map indicates the treasure should be...

The ocean is empty for miles in all direction, no land, no ships... According to the map, the ship sank right where you are now...

Time to go diving...

Ezeze
2009-02-11, 08:30 PM
(ooc: I'm assuming that in the 6 days they've been on the ship, Halcyone has had cause to discover that Jackson is amphibious. Please tell me if thats not the case.)

Halcyone bounds out onto the deck with an enthusiastic "Finaly!" She digs into her bag to draw out a 50 foot length of rope. She tosses one end over the side, and secures the other firmly to a banister in a good position to climb back up when they are done (ooc: DC 10 to tie a firm knot, I'm assuming I can take a ten) "We don't know what exactly is down there, and it's not a smart idea to leave the ship unmanned besides. I'm thinking Jackson and I should scout a little before we commit with a larger force." She tucks the Orb of Healing into her bag, and then puts it in the Sterncastle next to the hammock she has been using - right along with her bow and arrows, and her shield. She is, as always, wearing her light armor. She picks up her spear before she rejoins the others on the deck, planning on taking that with her. "What do you think, everyone? Jackson? Anyone have a better idea?"

If no one objects to the plan, Halcyone continues "I can hold my breath for about ten minutes, a little more, before I start to get uncomfortable, so thats probably about as long as we'll be down there unless there is trouble or we find something quickly, in which case we'll be up sooner." That is to the crew in general, but she is speaking directly to Jackson when she says "I can't speak underwater, so we'll want to work out a basic hand gesture system for communication. I'm thinking a few simple, general"
Wait - Hold up palm, face outwards
Look - points to the eyes, point to what you want looked at
Good/Yes/Okay - thumbs up
Bad/No - thumbs down
Danger - a quick up-and-down motion with a fist
Help - Hand held at throat
Hide - a quick back-and-fourth motion with an open hand
Run - an open hand waved over the head
Lets head back - a closed fist held above the head
"Do you think we're missing anything?"

ixious
2009-02-12, 12:59 PM
chuckling slightly "How about the fact I believe you are the only one here capable of surviving that long, the rest of us will likely be waiting in case you find air. I tend to be a bit partial to breathing air over water, so even if you find something, if it is too deep.........."

DJDeMiko
2009-02-12, 01:13 PM
Nedric

'He's right, I can only stay under for a short time . . . my magic has not progressed far enough to change that."

Hastuur
2009-02-13, 11:00 AM
Maxxon

Over the past few days Maxxon has been trying to get used to the ring. Old habits are hard to break and he still finds that snacking a lot is more out of habit than hunger. During the night he meditates and practices his martial arts, trying not to wake anyone.

A few rolls to make the crew happy and to apply trade

Profession ( Cook ) Roll [roll0]
Profession ( Cook ) Roll [roll1]
Profession ( Cook ) Roll [roll2]

Tichrondrius
2009-02-13, 07:07 PM
Jackson

Jackson hadn't been talking much. Maybe he was embarrassed after the way he behaved with the goblin, maybe he was still mad about it, maybe he was just naturally shy, but he had been keeping out of the limelight mostly just answering yes or no to questions or nodding in acknowledgment. But at the mention of diving...

"I can breath underwear as well." He spoke up, probably surprising everyone (except probably Hal who, being similar, he might have confided in). "I figure we'll both go down and check it out..." Jackson muttered sheepishly, seeming a little embarrassed about not talking for so long. "I'll keep an eye down there if you need to come up..." He suggested, thinking it was the least he could do.

Jackson stared longingly at the water. He hadn't taken a dip since he stepped on the ship, and he longed for its pleasures again. He took a questioning glance at Hal, then looked back at water.

Ezeze
2009-02-13, 07:27 PM
"I'll keep an eye out for anything that might let you guys help, but if we end up having to bring up the treasure piecemeal, well, we'll still have a treasure. We have plenty of rope, right? If we find it, you guys can probably set up some sort of pulley system and Jackson and I can just cart ropes back and fourth. But before we get too far into the planning, lets find the damn thing." Without further adieu, Halcyone runs to the edge of the ship and executes a graceful swan dive into the water.

Swim check to avoid falling damage - [roll0]

Tichrondrius
2009-02-13, 08:13 PM
Jackson

"Good idea." Jackson said, smiling to the crew before stepping off the ship himself and splashing into the water below.

Swim check:

[roll0]

Gmonkey
2009-02-14, 06:49 AM
[OOC - Sorry guys, work's been all hectic and am having to borrow an internet connection for this post]

Smiling at Jackson's ability to suprise, "Well, water's calm, no ships in sight, that sounds like a damn good time to get some chores done, though let's make sure there's always someone on watch, no point letting our guard down."

A pause as Vincent looks thoughtful...

"Blast it! I knew something was bothering me, just what are we meant to do to get their attention if something happens while they're down there?!"

Cymru
2009-02-16, 10:04 AM
Jackson and Hal;

About 150 feet down in the water, you notice a dwarven Ironclad, floating underwater..

If the ship would have filled with water for the full 100%, it would have sunk right down to the bottom(>2 km). But if a ship is partially filled with air, it will level out in the water somewhere between the bottom and sea level. And don't forget magical means to gain such an effect.

The ship does not look particularly damaged, apart from the rigging which is missing. On deck are 2 hatches, one 10x10ft, and one 5x5 ft.. The small hatch is open.

Tichrondrius
2009-02-16, 01:28 PM
Jackson

The boy looked down at the ship and back over at Hal, before swimming closer to investigate. Starting with that open hatch.

Ezeze
2009-02-16, 03:38 PM
Hal peers through the hatch, then taps Jackson on the shoulder and shows him her open palm. She swims quickly (ooc: Using the "run" action underwater, since I have a swim speed, will let me go 120 feet a round) to the surface, where she breaks into the air long enough to refill her lungs and cast Dancing Lights. She waves and smiles at the ships, then dives back down under the waves to join Jackson.

Inside the ship they progress slowly - keeping an eye out for pockets of air and anything that might have decided to start living here.

Cymru
2009-02-16, 04:52 PM
Since the ship is essentially a dungeon, I'm going to try and "draw" it for you... We'll take it nice and easy...

Once you dive down the hatch, you come upon a flight of stairs, leading down into a hallway. In this hallway, you have 4 options(check the figure);

Going through an open door into the storage area
Opening the closed door, this door seems to emit a strange blue glow
Going back up the stairs, out of the hatch and ship
Going down the next flight of stairs, down to the next deck

http://cymru.hoefsmederijbax.nl/Ironclad1.GIF

Basically the green bits are the stairs, the thick black lines the outlines of the ship, the blue lines are doors(the door to the storage area is open, the other closed), and the green bits are the stairs, going up and down respectively.

The map will be updated as you explore the ship..

DJDeMiko
2009-02-16, 05:29 PM
Nedric

Still upset over his perception of failing to protect the captain, Nedric is very serious about his keeping watch, constantly circling the ship watching the horizon and looking into the dark waters.

Ezeze
2009-02-16, 07:48 PM
Halcyone slides through the water next to the glowing door and casts Detect Magic on it, trying to distinguish the strength and school the spell on it. [roll0]

Cymru
2009-02-17, 07:03 AM
Once you cast detect magic, you notice the spell was cast on the door frame rather than the door.. It casts a magic aura of faint strength...

Ezeze
2009-02-17, 08:38 AM
Halcyone looks over the seem where the door meets the frame carefully - does it look air tight? The last thing she wants to do is end up on the sea floor inside this thing.

Cymru
2009-02-17, 08:57 AM
The door fits the frame perfectly... Could very well be airtight... Could not be... You're not sure...

Ezeze
2009-02-17, 08:58 AM
With a final glance over her shoulder at the exit - gauging how long it would take for her to get out of this ship - Halcyone's curiosity finally gets the better of her and she wrenches open the glowing door.

Cymru
2009-02-17, 09:10 AM
The door opens outward... The blue glow stays in place, in the doorframe. Behind the door is a room. It contains a desk, several chairs, and several cabinets full of scrolls. It looks like this room used to be a ship's office, or officers mess.

The odd thing is, everything behind the doorframe(and blue glow) seems dry...

In the back of the room, to the left is a small door. On the right side of the room, there is another door. Both are closed.

http://cymru.hoefsmederijbax.nl/Ironclad2.GIF

Ezeze
2009-02-17, 11:42 AM
Hesitantly, Halcyone steps into the office - keeping close by the door for and continuing to hold her breath for a few seconds, wary of god only knows what, before she begins to breathe. She's hardly an alchemist, but if the air at least seems safe she'll enter further into the room and check the two other doors for the blue glow. She will close the door with the glow behind her and Jackson when he comes in, then explore any door without a glow, always closing them securely behind her. In this way she first checks towards the bow, then the stern, looking to see if it's safe enough to bring the others down.

Cymru
2009-02-17, 01:39 PM
Okay, indeed Hal, let's speed things up.

You explore the first deck, the door towards the front opens into what seems to be the captain's cabin. There are several chests here, and a bed. On the bed is a dwarf, sleeping.

I assume you close the door quietly, and eplore the other door, towards the back. It opens into the ships hold; In this hold you see several barrels, filled with gold, food and fresh water. You find another chest in this room, which is locked.

The cabinet in the ship's office is filled with scrolls..

Back towards the stairs is a small storage area, in there you find decomposed ship's sails, and 200 feet of elven rope(in good condition).

As far as you can judge, it would be safe to move the crew down here. Although you're not sure about the dwarf.

Map of the 1st deck, the squares filled with light blue are flooded, and thus need you to hold your breath.

http://cymru.hoefsmederijbax.nl/IroncladDeck1.GIF

Ezeze
2009-02-17, 03:32 PM
"We've been gone too long" Hal gestures towards the blue glowing door. "The others will be worried about us. We should go back and tell them what we found."

A short swim later, Hal (and probably Jackson) climbs the knotted rope back onto the deck of the ship. Halcyone barely even waits for her head to be deck-level before she says excitedly "You wont believe what we found!" That said, she refuses to say anything more until she has swing herself over the banister and everyone has assembled to hear her story. "The ship is about a hundred and forty, maybe a hundred and sixty feet down - there is some magic keeping at least one deck habitable, but we didn't have time to check the others. There are barrels of gold, but that isn't the biggest thing." Hal pauses for dramatic effect "There is still a dwarf on the ship! He didn't see us, I don't think, and we didn't want to approach him alone, but he was there."

Tichrondrius
2009-02-19, 02:19 AM
Jackson

"Yeah, I could have stayed down and attempted to talk to him... but I haven't met many dwarves. And I don't think he'll be too keen on us being there to still his treasure." The boy said, finishing his climb behind Hal, blushing by the time he got back up on the ship.

Gmonkey
2009-02-19, 07:16 AM
Letting out a snort of laughter, "Hahaha, this may complicate things somewhat! Though we're out in the middle of the ocean, he's 20 fathoms under the sea on a sunken ship. Sounds to me like we trade hauling his ass back to port for salvage rights, it's not really a derelict while he's still onboard."

ixious
2009-02-19, 07:18 AM
Relieved to see the two companions back, "Well, the best I know is a little Gnome, which will only offend him, but I do think it safer to have us all there versus just the two of you. He may want us to save him, or he may want to die with the ship, either way I think we all need to be there. Thank you much"

Slipping off his vest and tying his harpoon to his back, Raiyin stretches a few times and approaches the edge, "So everyone ready?"

Hastuur
2009-02-19, 07:42 AM
Maxxon

"I will stay on our boat to make sure we don't get attacked. I'm not that good underwater yet." He says with a bit of apprehension.

Tichrondrius
2009-02-19, 07:50 AM
Jackson

"Awe, come on, Maxxon, wheres your sense of adventure?" The youth laughed, rubbing his nose a bit and wiping some wet hair out of his face.

Gmonkey
2009-02-19, 08:02 AM
"Thanks Maxxon, but I don't think we need to worry right now, it's clear ocean as far as we can see, if Hal or Jackson's okay to come check if we're down there too long don't see why we all can't go down.

"Looks like it's bath time!"

Vincent strips off his armour and shirt, putting them in his footlocker with his hat and daggers. Returning to deck with his trousers rolled up and a strip of leather tying his shortswords firmly in their sheathes, a smile on his face as he jumps up onto the railing.

"Shall we?"

Edit - Once everyone's ready, Vincent will ask Hal to lead the way then dive in after her

DJDeMiko
2009-02-19, 09:57 AM
Nedric

Nedric sighs and nods "Ok I will go"

Hastuur
2009-02-19, 12:42 PM
Maxxon

"OK, but I will need help". He takes everything off down to loose shorts and follows.

ixious
2009-02-19, 12:45 PM
blushing near fuchsia, Raiyen studders "I..errr..we..ehh..it isn't THAT far down...but..ehh..we will be fine...Now can we get going?"

Ezeze
2009-02-19, 01:14 PM
"Wait, just a moment." Hal makes a point of running back for her bag - the Orb of Cure Light Wounds inside of it - before setting off with plans to confront the Dwarf. Back on deck she briefly checks to make sure the rope they used is still securely tied before jumping back into the water. She waits for everyone to assemble on the waters surface again, realizing that not everyone will want to jump like she did, then leads the party down to the ship by the shortest possible route, occasionally circling back to help stragglers (ooc: Hal is using Aid to give everyone +2 to swim, if I can. Just trying to ensure that no one drowns o the way down.) She leads them around to the hatch and opens the blue glowing door to let everyone file in.

Cymru
2009-02-19, 01:32 PM
As you enter the door to the ship's office; you notice the door to the captain's cabin has been opened.

Shortly after you enter; you hear someone call out "Aah, finally you're here! I was afraid I'd killed the crew for nothing. Let's loot this bugger. The captain confessed there is a scroll about the cargohold in the filing cabinet. I couldn't find it though." Now, the dwarf enters through the door, wearing his armor and weapons(; "Hey, I wasn't expecting you. They hired you to help us loot this ship?"

Ezeze
2009-02-19, 01:37 PM
Before anyone else can say anything, Hal interjects "Yes."
[roll0]
"But why didn't you expect us? You thought they'd have you swim to shore?"

Gmonkey
2009-02-19, 05:03 PM
Doing his best to keep up with Hal now, "What she said, you're a bit far out to swim, especially with all this gold" a grin as Vincent swaggers forward.

"Now, I take it you've searched the Captain's office? Without waiting for an answer, "No matter, I'll have a look as well. You get anything else that might be important?

Cymru
2009-02-19, 07:44 PM
The dwarf seems startled... "I expected .." he then suddenly stops "Aah, bugger, you know who I was expecting, don't you?" He raises his eyebrows, and continues; "I only hoped they'd had taken time to come themselves.. Hope you're up to it, it's quite a gruesome sight, getting past the slavedeck to the secure hold" He laughs; "And then you'll need to open it, while holding your breath"

Ezeze
2009-02-19, 08:20 PM
"You held slaves on this ship?" Hal feels another surge of anger, but fights it down knowing it wouldn't be characteristic of someone who would do damage with these mysterious 'them's. "You'd think for something so important they would come themselves, wouldn't they? What do you think they're doing that could take time away from this?"

(ooc: C'mon Cy, you know you wanna drop some hints on who "they" are :smallwink:)

Tichrondrius
2009-02-19, 11:18 PM
Jackson

"No... er... I've never met them directly, can you tell us who they are?" Jackson asks. If there was one thing he hated more then goblins it was slavers. Maybe he was just developing a vendetta against short people.

"Why, is it filled with water?" He asked, wondering if his talents could come in handy again.

DJDeMiko
2009-02-20, 12:53 AM
Nedric

Nedric is keeping his mouth shut.

Cymru
2009-02-20, 05:31 AM
"The dwarves held slaves here. Used them for rowing, all 90 of them. Didn't take the time to kill them, they drowned right after we went "keel up". That's how we sank; I killed the crew, some poison, noone left to control the boat."

The dwarves smiles an evil grin; "Exactly as Louis the Salesman requested. Now, shall we get to business? We need to go get that artifact from the secure hold, and bring it to him, back in Rach"

[ooc; contribute that extra info to the natural 20 on the bluff check]

Ezeze
2009-02-20, 08:34 AM
(ooc: Why thank you. Now, surprise round? :smallbiggrin:)
Halcyone goes pale with this extra information and screams "You evil bastard!" She attacks him with her short spear
[roll0]
[roll1]

Hastuur
2009-02-20, 09:07 AM
Maxxon

Just hanging out in the back doing the quiet big kid act until Halcyone acts and is completly caught with his mouth dropping.

Gmonkey
2009-02-20, 11:52 AM
Going through the doorway to the captain's office as the dwarf gives his story, Vincent shudders at the mention of slaves though would have continued if not for hearing Hal's scream, spinning on his heel his swords fly into his hands as he readies himself, all pretense at friendliness dropping from his face into a sneer of distaste for the murderer. "You'll pay you stinking sea slug"

[OOC - Flanking for Hal? Also, shall we roll us some initiative?]

Tichrondrius
2009-02-23, 09:10 PM
Jackson

"How dare you." Jackson says, his fists tightened in boyish anger. "Don't kill him... I'll take him outside. Let him suffer as they have suffered. Even if we needed you I'd make sure you got yours." The boy continued, drawing his bow.

"Their blood is on your hands, and the restless dead cry for vengeance."Jackson said almost in a whisper, firing an arrow at the dwarf. He'll make sure he can't fight back- and then take him to meet his watery fate.

[roll0]
[roll1]

ixious
2009-02-23, 10:16 PM
Rai, remaining silent attempts to hide a smirk. Slowly he finally speaks, "Lady Avandra has a sense of humour, that is for sure. So once we get done avenging the dead, when do we get to robbing their corpses?" The last part said with a sarcastic tone.