PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Fear and Concealment in Los Vagas

Keld Denar
2009-01-22, 01:30 PM
Yea...cool thread title. I made it up myself. I hope it doesn't get confused with any pop culture movie titles. That would be a shame. I totally didn't rip anything off. Nope, totally origional work here. Move along.

Anyway, onto the meat n potatoes.

Fear, the 4th level necromancy. I must have it. Anyone kind enough to copy/paste it from the SRD? The problem with living where you work is that the webguard software kills ya even when you aren't on duty.

And second question. If a PC has concealment, and fear is cast, affecting several nearby PCs, would the concealed PC be affected? Concealment doesn't block the ability to target someone, right?

Thanks in advance, sorry for being a stupid dependant...:smallfrown:

Jasdoif
2009-01-22, 02:13 PM
Fear, the 4th level necromancy. I must have it. Anyone kind enough to copy/paste it from the SRD?

Fear
Necromancy [Fear, Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 3, Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 30 ft.
Area: Cone-shaped burst
Duration: 1 round/level or 1 round; see text
Saving Throw: Will partial
Spell Resistance: Yes

An invisible cone of terror causes each living creature in the area to become panicked unless it succeeds on a Will save. If cornered, a panicked creature begins cowering. If the Will save succeeds, the creature is shaken for 1 round.
Material Component

Either the heart of a hen or a white feather.

The problem with living where you work is that the webguard software kills ya even when you aren't on duty.Does it block Google's page caches, too? You might be able to read pages off of d20srd.org that way.

And second question. If a PC has concealment, and fear is cast, affecting several nearby PCs, would the concealed PC be affected? Concealment doesn't block the ability to target someone, right?Right. That PC would need something that blocks line of effect to be protected from the spell, and concealment alone doesn't do that.

Keld Denar
2009-01-22, 02:27 PM
Thanks man. I was pretty sure about the LoE/Concealment part.

and I found a work around for the websense thing, so I shouldn't have an issue anymore. Thanks though!