PDA

View Full Version : (4e) Wealth by level?

koeldflare
2009-01-22, 03:07 PM
I recently joined a campaign that is starting at about level 4, and all of the other pc's have been in it since level 1. The DM said that he would be willing to give me what my wealth per level would be, but neither of us could find a chart that shows what this number should be.

Is there such a chart? If so where is it located?

Tequila Sunrise
2009-01-22, 03:11 PM
There is no WBL in 4e, but the DMG suggests that PCs that start above 1st level should have an item of their level +1, an item of their level, an item of their level -1 and cash equal to the value of an item of their level -1.

TS

koeldflare
2009-01-22, 03:43 PM
Ah, thank you. I hope my DM is all aboard with this idea.

Ceaon
2009-01-22, 04:38 PM
This usually works best above 3rd level, and it means you'll probably have less treasure than the other party members, but more choice in the selection of the items you have than they had.
If your DM gives more or less treasure than the DMG advises, you and the DM would have to wing it a bit.

Lupy
2009-01-22, 04:51 PM
What about the recommended rewards on... Like, page 56 of the DMG?

Mando Knight
2009-01-22, 04:59 PM
What about the recommended rewards on... Like, page 56 of the DMG?

Those are for the entire assumed 5-man party. Since item allocation is uneven, the system instead suggests that the players and DM to assume the given magic item spread when creating higher-level characters.

Tsotha-lanti
2009-01-22, 05:52 PM
Those are for the entire assumed 5-man party. Since item allocation is uneven, the system instead suggests that the players and DM to assume the given magic item spread when creating higher-level characters.

That, and PCs are expected to convert old items into new ones (or improvements for old ones) through rituals. You don't actually need very many items - nowhere near as many as in 3.X.