PDA

View Full Version : Monkey Grip + Gigantic Weapon?

Roythebattousai
2009-01-22, 06:59 PM
Is it possible to stack both feats and be able to wield a Huge weapon with -4 to attack rolls?

Deathslayer7
2009-01-22, 07:01 PM
monkey grip alone being large sized would allow you to use a melee weapon of huge size with only a -2 penalty. :smallsmile:

saves you a feat, and gives you a btter attack bonus.

pingcode20
2009-01-22, 07:11 PM
That, and there's a specific exception against stacking weapon size increasers in the wording.

It's a real pity - although you might be able to swing it with your DM if you point out how piddly the bonus would be for the tradeoffs you're doing. Just make it clear you're not making Cloud.

AslanCross
2009-01-24, 03:49 AM
If you really want a big weapon, just take Exotic Weapon Prof (Fullblade). It's basically a bastard sword sized for an ogre, but EWP at least allows you to wield it without the problems that Monkey Grip gives.

You could then take Monkey Grip and wield a Large Fullblade (Bastard sword sized for a huge creature.) That's a 3d8-damage weapon. I think that's the only real way you can get a huge weapon. You also only get a -2 penalty to boot.

Seffbasilisk
2009-01-24, 03:54 AM
'Balanced' is a +2 enhancement I believe. Lets you weild the weapon as if it were one sized smaller.

Ravens_cry
2009-01-24, 04:22 AM
If you really want a big weapon, just take Exotic Weapon Prof (Fullblade). It's basically a bastard sword sized for an ogre, but EWP at least allows you to wield it without the problems that Monkey Grip gives.

You could then take Monkey Grip and wield a Large Fullblade (Bastard sword sized for a huge creature.) That's a 3d8-damage weapon. I think that's the only real way you can get a huge weapon. You also only get a -2 penalty to boot.
THEN get the party wizard or rogue with wands to enlarge you (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/EnlargePerson.htm).
Fun times.:smallbiggrin:

Belobog
2009-01-24, 05:11 AM
You could add Half-Giant (or any race with the Powerful Build feature, which lets you wield a weapon one size larger than you) to all that and, while enlarged and using Monkey Grip, be fighting with a Gargantuan Full Blade. That's damage dice that most weapons can't deal when they crit.

At epic levels, assuming the game goes that far, you only have to take one feat (Wield Oversized Weapon, from Complete Warrior, which has Monkey Grip as a pre-requisite) before you can take people down with a Colossal Full Blade. Any one know if Colossal + is an acceptable size for weapons? :smallwink:

Regardless, have fun burying people under a sword the size of a large hill.

EDIT: Sorry, just reread the title. Don't know what that combination would get you, as I've never seen the Gigantic Weapon feat. However, the above combination should work, as Powerful Build lets you wield a weapon a size larger than your size, and Monkey Grip allows you to wield a weapon a size larger than you can wield (with a penalty).