PDA

View Full Version : Divine PrCs (Peach, Drafts)

The_Shaman
2006-10-07, 12:03 PM
The following are drafts for PrCs based on those from Faiths and Pantheons, and for several elven deities. While they may be powerful, the requirements are (imo) rather harsh in return. I apologize for the incompelete entries, but these are drafts and I will edit them as they go. I look forward to your opinions and I hope you'll help me make some really good PrCs for your campaigns.

One note: in case of bonus domains for arcane casters, I'd disagree with the CDiv description.
- casters who prepare spells can scribe domain spells at any temple of the deity where there is a priest able to cast those spells, and they pay 1/3 of the cost normally associated with scribing spells
- spontaneous casters automatically learn 1+their int. bonus (if any) spells of this domain; the spells must be of a level they can cast.

Bowmaster of Solonor

Requirements:

Race: Elf or ˝ elf
BAB: 6+
Deity: Solonor
Skills: Spot 4+ Knowledge religion 4+, Knowledge (Nature) 6+
Feats: Weapon focus (L-bow), point blank shot, precise shot, far shot
Spellcasting: can cast 2nd level divine spells spells

HD: d8
Proficiencies: all simple weapons, and bows (maybe include greatbow?)
Skill pts: 4 + int./level
Class skills – sim. To a ranger without animal empathy, heal, knowledge (geography), hide or move silently
BAB: Full
Saves: good fort, ref

Abilities:

- Spellcasting: +1 exc. At levels 1,5, and 9
- imbue arrows - +1 or enhancements at lvl 1,4,7,10
- arrow focus – spells can be cast onto arrows, if they are properly prepared (spell focus)
o at lvl 5+ bonus to DC, defeats SR
- free archery feats at lvl 2,5,8 (psionic shot feats are also acceptable, if the class has a PP reserve)
- bowmaster levels count as fighter levels for purposes of feats rel. to missile weapons
- reduce DR by a number = bowm. Levels
- Lvl. 7 – range increment penalty halved, spot penalty for range halved
- Lvl 10 – perfect sho 3+ cha modifier can activate an ability (swift action) for one round makes their arrows ignore any DR or concealment miss change, and automatically confirm a crit . threat

1. imbue arrows, enchant arrows +1,
2. feat, , spellc,
3. Pierce the mountain – reduce DR by a number = Bowmaster level
4. feat, Imb +2
5. feat
6. Arrow focus +1 – spells through arrows have +1 dc, +1 caster level, +2 to overcome SR if the arrow does damage,
7. Horizon Shot, Imbue +3
8. feat
9. +1 crit. Modifier
10. Perfect shot, Focus +2, Imbue +4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunter of the Black Arrow
BAB 7+
Race: elf or half-elf
Fort save 5+, will save 3+
Skills: 6 ranks in Knowledge (dungeoneering), 2 ranks in knowledge (religion), 6 ranks in move silently, 8 ranks in hide
Deity: Shevarash
Feats: blind-fight, power attack, point-blank shot, precise shot
Ability: Favored enemy: elf / Servant of Lloth; must have low-light vision

HPs - 8
BAB: full
Saves – good fort, will
SPs – 6 – see ranger’s list
Spellcasting = ranger levels = class levels, except or levels 5 and 10

Abilities:

Poison resistance: starts at lvl 1 by giving +1 to fortitude saves against poison. The bonus improves by a further +1 every two levels.

Focused: with enough experience, the Hunter's mind becomes resistant to the trickery often employed by the drow and their allies, whether mundane or magical. He gains a + 2 bonus to his sense motive checks and will save.

Power shot: The trained hunter can sacrifice accuracy for damage, imposing a penalty to his attacks up to -5 for a corresponding bonus on the damage rolls with a bow.

Arrows become keen – bane ag. Favored enemy: By Shevarash's grave, the Hunter can enchant up to one quiver of arrows (up to 20 arrows) as a full-round action a number of times per day equal to 5+any charisma bonus s/he may have. These qualities do not stack with any other enhancements upon the arrows, except for those that deal only with attack and damage improvement (+1, +2, etc). They do stack, however, with any enhancements that the bow can impose ((I think that's how it works for all magical arrows, though...Correct me if I'm wrong.))

Sneak attack: at levels 4 and 8, treat it as a rogue's sneak attack. At levels 2,6, and 10, the hunter gains bonus dice for their sneak attack ability, but they can be used only against elves. For example: a ranger 10/Hunter 4 who attacks a flat-footed dark elf within a 30-feet range adds 2d6 sneak attack damage; if he were to attack an orc in the same conditions, he would add 1d6 damage.

Death shot: The most capable and proven hunters can invoke the Dark Archer's wrath through their attacks, possibly killing their foes with a single attack. A hunter of lvl 10 or above can designate an attack as a death shot a number of times per day equal to three plus any charisma bonus the character can have. Consider the attack as if the Hunter has fired an arrow of slaying for the type the favored enemy is.

1. Darkvision (or +30 feet), favored enemy+2 , poison res.
2. sneak attack +1d6 – elves only; arrows keen (fav. Enemy)
3. Unc. Dodge, Quick reach
4. Sneak attack +1d6, imp. Critical (fav. Enemy)
5. darkvision +30, favored enemy +2
6. Sneak attack +1d6 – elves only, arrows – bane (fav. Enemy) (move action to enchant up to one quiver, lasts 5+cha rounds, can be done a number of times equal to class level)
7. (Power shot), Focused,
8. sneak attack +1d6, imp. Critical (fav. Enemy)
9. imp. unc. Dodge, darkvision +30
10. Favored enemy, sneak attack +1d6/ elves only, arrows – slaying (fav. Enemy) 3+cha/day (move action to enchant), DC 20+ int.

Favored enemy must be elf, servant of Lloth, outsider (evil), outsider (chaotic), aberration (whatever drider counts as) , dwarf (duergar), vermin, magical beast. If the ranger chooses the servants of Lloth (from Races of the Wild elven ranger substitution levels) s/he gets a +3 bonus to all related rolls.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sylvan Prankster
Req:
- elf or ˝ elf
- chaotic, non-evil
- saves: Reflex 3+, will 3+
- must be able to cast 2+ divine spells, domain trickery / 3nd level arcane spells
- evasion feature
- skills: bluff 6+ ranks, sleight of hand 2+, hide 6+, move silently 6+, 4 ranks in perform or tumble
- deity - Erevan
- feats – goad, weapon focus (shortsword), weapon finesse

HP – d6
BAB – partial
Save – good reflex, will
Spellcasting - all levels exc. 1 and 5
SPs – 8
Skills – like rogue

- Lvl 1 – skill mastery (3+int number of skills among bluff, hide, ms, sl. Of hand, perform, tumble, balance, climb, swim, jump, disable device, open lock),

- Lvl 1 - Magic of the mist: each level the sylvan trickster chooses one spell that s/he knows from the schools of divination, enchantment or illusion, which becomes permanently silent or stilled. This does not increase casting time or effective spell level. A single spell can be chosen twice, becoming both silent and stilled.

- sneak attack at lvl 2, 5,8

- domains luck at 10, trickery at 5 – double bonuses if they have them, learns spells for free if arcanist (cast as divine though) may be removed
- Slippery mind at lvl 4
- Lvl 6 – feint as free action number of times equal to cha bonus per encounter
- Improved evasion at lvl 7
- At lvl 9, any spell enhanced with the magic of the mists feature gains a bonus equal to half the trickster's class levels (rounded down) has its range increased by 50%. Spells with a range of "self" are unaffected, but those with a range of touch can be cast up to 15 feet away with a successful touch attack.
- At lvl 10 every enchantment spell that targets you rebounds back at caster, frees hims. As a standard action from any pin/binding, becomes a chaotic outsider but can be raised and can't be banished from the Material Plane.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prophet of Sehanine

Elf or ˝ elf
Alignment – CG/CN/NG
Patron deity: Sehanine Moonbow
Must be able to cast 3rd lvl spells, incl. At least 2 divination and 2 illusion spells
Feats: spell focus (Illusion) or spell focus (divination), strong soul, spell penetration
Skills: 10 ranks in knowledge (arcana), 8 ranks in knowledge (religion),10 ranks in spellcraft, 4 ranks in profession (astrologist]

D6, sp 4+int, attack poor, will save good, full spellcasting (arcane or divine)

Bonuses:
- turn undead – lvl 1, stacks with cleric levels (if any). If the turning check is done at night and in the open, receives a bonus to both rolls equal to class level
- low-light vision improves – lvl 4 - triple human distance
- Blessing of the moonlight (+2 to saves vs spells /+2 caster level, +1 dc) – at levels 2, 5 and 8 if in the open and the moon is visible (can also be during the day, although I'm not sure about Toril's astronomy). This ability also applies against any evil undead, regardless of when and where they are encountered . The effects stack: if fighting an evil lich in the open and the moon is visible, the propher will receive +4 bonus to his saves vs. spells cast by the lich, +4 to his caster level, and +2 to his spells DC.
- Travel, illusion, or moon domain – lvl 5
- At lvl 7, can cause moonlight to become strong (and potent) as daylight in a circle with a radius of 15 feet, at a distance of up to 10 feet/class level. This can be done a number of times per day equal to the prophet's charisma modifier, minimum of one.
- Lvl 3/6/9 –bonus feats (spell focus/gsp, sp. Penetration, metamagic feats, or divine feats; sp/gsp can only be taken in the schools of illusion, divination, or necromancy)
- Sehanine’s tears – 1/week at lvl 10 – mass heal, larger in open, fort partial, evil creatures are exhausted, good receive benefit of emotion (hope), evil undead make a fort save or are destroyed (if collected, can be used to cast true restoration), caster is exhausted after that (if fatigued or exhausted, must make a DC 30 caster level check or lose spellcasting ability for 1 day)

1. Sehanine’s grace
2. Blessing of the moonlight (defense bonus)
3. Bonus feat
4. Starshine
5. Bonus domain, Blessing of the moonlight (caster level)
6. Bonus feat
7. Moonbeam
8. Blessing of the moonlight (DC)
9. Bonus feat
10. Sehanine’s tears

knightsaline
2006-10-08, 05:14 AM
how does a non divine class have a diety? i thought that most non-divine classes attitude on gods is "i worship any god that provides my healing"

you have posted everything twice, remedy that

giving a class proficency in greatbows (an exotic weapon) does not seem right. make it so that at a later level, they gain proficency with greatbows.

The_Shaman
2006-10-08, 07:01 AM
Er, actually the greatbow idea was just something that I toyed with. Now that I think of it, the favourite weapon of the church is a longbow, so there'd probably be no need for that. Anyway, on the issue of having a deity: these PrCs represent societies or simply individuals that are affiliated with the church and blessed by the deity. Even if they are not members of the clergy, their exploits and talents make them natural champions of the faith, and they have often benefitted it in no small ways. Check out some of the Faerun setting classes, the arcane devotee, divine champion and divine seeker. None of them need to have any divine abilities, but they are all affiliated with a particular deity. Also, several Faiths and Pantheons prestige classes - the heartwarden, iirc, and maybe others - could be entered without divine spellcasting levels.

I'd disagree with non-divine classes not being devout worshipers of any power. Think of it this way: on our world almost anyone worships a deity, more or less devoutly, with little definite proof of divine intervention. If there were a world where people are sure that gods exist, and have often benefitted or suffered from their attention, it's likely that there will be people no less devout than anything you meet on this. Not everyone will be formally affiliated with a church, however - some may simply be very religious and dedicated people, working in other areas of society.

The_Shaman
2006-10-11, 03:57 PM
Er, BUMP! Is it too long for people to read, or is there some other problem?