PDA

View Full Version : Blank Cards in Star Munchkin: what to do?

shadowfox
2009-01-23, 12:02 AM
So, I have 2 "Station" cards and 2 Item cards from Star Munchkins 2: Attack of the Clowns. I originally bought it to augment my then-recent purchase of Star Munchkin ("recent" meaning "ten minutes beforehand"). Looking through all of the cards, I found 2 blank cards for each respective deck, and I knew exactly what they were for.

I've been thinking on-and-off for about a month now (I don't really want to copy an already existing card, as I'm difficult like that), and I've only really come up with one good card idea, going along the lines of this:
Bribe the DM
Play this card whenever a rules argument breaks out (whether it's created on purpose or not doesn't matter). Offer a bribe of 2 cards to the owner of the game or this card, and the owner must accept it, and rule in any way you favor for this one time. The rule does not stand otherwise. Unless given to owner as bribe, discard. The owner automatically agrees with himself if he plays it, he must discard this after using it; place at the bottom of the discard pile.

Well... That's really all I have, and that's a mouthful for one card. Assuming I shorten it down enough to fit the card, would it be a Station or Item card? If I made this card, would it be a worthwhile card at all?

Also, any suggestions for the other blank cards? My mind needs to concentrate on too many things (school, D&D, food, etc.) to think of any other ideas.

Ranis
2009-01-23, 01:22 AM
Well, there's already a card called Bribe the DM that's a go-up-a-level card, so you'll need to find a new name for it. :)

Flame of Anor
2009-01-23, 01:43 AM
"Station" cards? May I suggest...

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i101/augustine1014/station.jpg

Khanderas
2009-01-23, 02:22 AM
Well, there's already a card called Bribe the DM that's a go-up-a-level card, so you'll need to find a new name for it. :)
Call the card
"Rule 0:b DM is always right (when he agrees with me)."
When playing this card, your interpretation of the rules work this time.

Or perhaps
"The Allseeing Eye of seewhatyamean"
Playing this card lets your target agree with (almost) whatever your point is.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-01-23, 02:30 AM
For star munchkins?

Modify the Phase Variance - This card will automatically trump any attack or defense played, until combat is resolved this turn. Discard to bottom of deck after use.

shadowfox
2009-01-23, 07:38 AM
Well, it wasn't in Star Munchkin, so I thought I could get away with it... Then again, it might cause confusion, so you're right.

Call the card
"Rule 0:b DM is always right (when he agrees with me)."
When playing this card, your interpretation of the rules work this time.

Or perhaps
"The Allseeing Eye of seewhatyamean"
Playing this card lets your target agree with (almost) whatever your point is.

Noted. Thank you very much for names and short descriptions. I'm too wordy for those cards...

Modify the Phase Variance - This card will automatically trump any attack or defense played, until combat is resolved this turn. Discard to bottom of deck after use.
Interesting card... But I know that the name is from a game, I just can't remember what...