PDA

View Full Version : Unfit for the Crown!

Tichrondrius
2009-01-23, 05:20 AM
STAR WARS

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

UNFIT FOR THE CROWN

The Galactic Republic is in the grip of terror. A group of idealists claiming to be under the command of the young Senator ZAINE NABROSS have barricaded themselves inside the Congress of the Republic.

ZAINE NABROSS himself has refused to comment so a group of individuals have been sent to his battleship to end this diplomatically, including two JEDI KNIGHTS, the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy.

With the Congress of the Republic hanging in the balance, all hope goes with the group of diplomats. However, unknown to the galaxy, ZAINE NABROSS is only a figurehead to a much more disturbing plot that could CRIPPLE THE GALACTIC REPUBLIC FOREVER...

"Can we really pull that off, Senator?" The Rodian said to Corran Rendar in his native language, looking back and forth nervously.

"Yes, and it'll be easy as ryshcate pie." The Human Senator from Corellia smiled back smugly to his Aide. "As long as those pesky Jedi don't get involved, you know how they meddle..."

Meanwhile, at the Congress of the Republic...

"Those terrorist bastards have held nearly the entity of the Congress in there for hours now! This is a stand off! I'm sending in my security." Gordon Cristo yelled at the impassive Jedi Master Waric Nooram.

"We cannot risk the Congress. The Supreme Chancellor is in there." The human replied smoothly. A Rodian Aide soon approached.

"Excuse me," He said in a Rodian dialect of Basic, "Senator Corran Rendar isn't entrapped and, in the current crisis, that makes him Supreme Chancellor by default."

"Bull-" Gordon began.

"Its true, continue, my friend." Waric Nooram said evenly.

"These terrorists claim to be under the command of Senator Zaine Nabross. Senator Corran Rendar asks merely that we send a diplomatic party to find out if Zaine Nabross is involved and end this diplomatically. Its a better plan then getting the entire Congress killed..." The Rodian continued.

"Do I tell you how to do your-" Gordon yelled back.

"Let me discuss this with Grand Master Visas." Waric cut him off again. After a bit of banter, Waric left Paydon Gemini in charge of the crisis at the Congress and went to speak privately with Visas Culu.

Meanwhile, at the Jedi Temple...

"We know that the Senator is not to be trusted alone with this." Grand Master Visas Culu responded.

"Yes, Master, I know. He intends to try something." Waric replied.

"Corran Render has always hated Zaine Nabross. The young one is too much of an idealist." Meena Hoxz said, musing to herself.

"No Senator is to be trusted in my opinion." Dorn Tok stated.

"There have been attempts on Senator Zaine's life before..." Alema Vida mumbled, perhaps only loud enough for herself to hear.

"Then its decided we will send two of our own." Visas said, "Agreement?"

"Careful, we must be. Not so hasty, our decisions. Dark things. Much turmoil, I sense. More to this, there is." Master Yoda said wisely. The rest agreed.

"Its better to have our own there, just in case, Master Yoda." Visas said with a smile, "Who can we trust, but spare?"

"We can't spare anyone, the order is in drastic decline!" Kiera Lorus said with a little too much passion.

"What about Brea? A highly respected Jedi Knight." Maj-Odo-Seirr hypothesized.

"Yes, yes. A good choice." said Master Oraltor Nadon.

"Recently out of retirement. Wise beyond her years. She recently took on an apprentice- a humble young man. I met him once. She values diplomacy." Maj-Odo-Seirr continued.

"Excellent choice, Master Maj-Odo-Seirr. Summon her at once." The Grand Master said, and adjourned the meeting.

Karbin Osla and Kressk
"You would be perfect for this mission." The Rodian Aide said to Karbin Osla, "The Senator from your planet is in there as well and as one of his personal Aides you have a vested interest in this meeting. I've been observing you and I believe you have great potential, perhaps this is the time to- step up to the plate, so to speak? Yes, no?" The Rodian continued in his thick dialect.

"Make your way to the docks. There is a ship prepared for you. Take Senator Corran Rendars personal bodyguard, Kressk." He continued, allowing a large Transdoshan walk out. "Just to show you how invested my lord is in this mission... now, get acquainted, go, shoo."

You are, of course, free to loaf about his office or chat with your new bodyguard. He might get annoyed.

Ren Sargas
"...and so we're agreed." Senator Corran Render said, sitting behind his desk and eying the scoundrel as he held a sealed bag in his hand- containing a vast sum of money. He laid it down on the table.

"You'll get this once the job is done. Go to the docks, my people are already preparing a crew for you." The powerful Senator smiled.

You are, of course, free to loaf around his office. Although, he might shoot at you. Just for sport.

Jono Basa and HAAL-S34
"Excuse me, sir?" A young Corellian man said to Jono Basa as he approached, a small droid traveling with him. "My master, Corran Render, considers you a most valuable contact and would like you to travel on a diplomatic mission to save the Republic. He sends his regrets that he could not be here himself, but in return he offers you this custom Protocol Droid designated SIP-3 and his thanks." The man said, reciting the message perfectly.

"He goes on to say that there is a ship waiting at the docks. Its of paramount importance, sir." He continues, looking meek.

You are, of course, free to continue your walk or smack him in the face, or chat with your new Protocol Droid. Or the Protocol Droid can drag you to that dock, your choice.

Tallulah Sigh
"We were commissioned for a diplomatic mission." Captain James Daniels spoke in a very commanding tone, sitting in the captains chair on this shiny transport vehicle. You were a part of the crew on the Ambassadors Arms, probably for a little extra cash.

You were already stationed at the dock. "Tallulah, would you kindly prepare the rooms for our guests?" The Captain asked you, leaning over to direct his question to you.

You could loaf about. But those rooms don't prepare themselves. Punch him in the face and leave, but it'd be terrible to spend the adventure in the brig.

Brea and Kelso
"We need you, Brea. This would be a small diplomatic mission, nothing should go wrong. Please, make sure nothing goes wrong. The last thing we need is an intergalatic incident." Master Waric Nooram said, shaking his head.

"Good training for your apprentice, and for you. Some work out in the field. Usually, we wouldn't send just any knight, but Maj-Odo-Seirr recommended you, and you as well as anyone know the current plight of the Jedi..." He trailed off sadly. "Come, follow me. We'll be lucky if Corran Render didn't make them take off without us." He finished, and walked towards the docks.

You don't loaf. You're Jedi.

OOC
Right then. Things your characters should know.

The year is precisely 162 BBY. Look it up on wookiepedia. Its over 100 years before the Phantom Menace.

Senator Zaine Nabross is a idealistic young human Senator from Chandrilla that stirs up a lot of trouble for his talk.

Senator Corran Render is an older and shady Senator from Corellia who is known to be outspoken against Zaine Nabross. Him being Supreme Chancellor would be very, very bad for the universe.

Supreme Chancellor Valiant Valorum is hardly his namesake, first or last. A weak willed, pitiful, and easily bribable man. Currently trapped in the Congress of the Republic.

Terrorists have barricaded in the Congress of the Republic, and have trapped the entire body of the Republic inside with them. If I don't mention a Senator, then they are probably trapped in there.

The Jedi as a whole are also drasticly reduced for some unexplained reason at this time. There have been less and less force sensitive youths being born and the waning power of the Jedi allows them to take the ones that are born less and less.

The current Jedi High Council on Coruscant is comprised of:
Master Yoda - Jedi Master
Master Tarkov - Male Wookiee
Master Alema Vida - Female Twi'lek
Master Kiera Lorus - Female Human
Master Waric Nooram - Male Human
Master Paydon Gemini - Male Human
Master Maj-Odo-Seirr - Male Cerean
Master Oraltor Nadon - Male Ithorian
Master Dorn Tok - Male Kel Dor
Master Meena Hoxz - Female Mon Calamari
Master Visas Culu - Female Miraluka - Grand Master

Ezeze
2009-01-23, 10:57 PM
Tallulah is preparing the rooms, as the captain of the ship requested. Working just hard enough to not get fired, being just respectful enough to not get thrown in the brig. I could describe exactly what she is doing, but really she wont be very interesting 'till stuff starts to happen :smallwink:

Lykainon
2009-01-23, 11:24 PM
Save the Republic, eh? That certainly sounded like an interesting assignment. Percicely that sort of thing that could change a normal, albeit promising, career in diplomacy to a fast-track to politics. It was bothersome that he had received so little information though. It was Jono's firm opinion that whoever had the most intel usually ended up the winner and in this matter he knew almost nothing at all.

"SIP-3, was it?" Jono asked the droid. "I need to make a few calls. Feel free to go ahead to the docks. Tell the others..." What others? Jono realized he didn't even know who else was part of the mission but it seemed unlikely that he would be alone with the droid on what seemed to be a very sensitive matter. "Tell them that I'll a few minutes behind you. This shouldn't take very long."

Without waiting for the droid to response Jono walked away from him, in the opposite direction of the docks, until he was certain that no one was close enough to overhear him contacting everyone he could imagine having even a little bit of information on the matter.

OOC: I realize that Gather Information is supposed to take a while but I figured Jono puts out some "hooks" now and doesn't learn any information until later (if at all). If that's not an acceptable way of using Gather Information, just consider it some nifty role-playing. :smallamused:

Gourtox
2009-01-23, 11:43 PM
Kressk

"I have only been told your name and that I am to protect you, the resst of the memberss in the misssion and to secure my employer'ss intristss. Sso, tell me about yourself Mon Clalamari." He says sitting down in a chair while laying his carbine in his lap.

Did I portrey him well?

Levyathyn
2009-01-23, 11:47 PM
Ren Sargas

With a slight nod, Ren let himself out of the office quietly. The grand hallway of the Palace was becoming a familiar sight to him. He casually strode down the hallway, already lost in numbers and codes. His light frame and pale skin were evidence to his trade, earned through many nights and even more days huddled in the dark over a dim computer screen. His short, black hair was messy and uncared for, as were his well-worn clothes. The pistol by his side was clean and well taken care of, if not especially unique or often used.

Ren stepped up to the large magnetic doors. The guards, recognizing him, nodded and let him pass from Senatorial Quarters and headed for the shipdocks.

OOC: ((Assuming that we're in the Imperial Palace and that it's daytime.))

Reverent-One
2009-01-24, 12:22 AM
Karbin

Karbin's right eye stares at Kressk, examining him. He is unimpressed with this bodyguard of Senator Rendar, who wastes time sitting down and having a chat while there are more important matters to attend to. Very important matters indeed. Still, given the nature of this mission, as long as Kressk can shoot well and stand between blaster bolts and himself, he has his uses, "Then you know most of the important information, I am the aide of Senator Toveres, and we have a mission to do. We need to get to the dock and be on our way, in order to solve this crisis. The very survival of the Senate depends upon it!" Once Kressk is up and ready to move, Karbin heads out, down to the docks, with Kressk in tow.

Ascension
2009-01-24, 12:26 AM
Kelso

Kelso follows in silence as Master Nooram leads him and his master to their destination, but behind his stoic facade his thoughts are in turmoil. Worry dominates... He worries about being sent on a mission before his training is complete, he worries about the 'intergalactic incident' alluded to as a potential consequence of the mission, and he worries once more if he might not be cut out for all this Jedi business after all.

He seeks comfort in the Force.

Use the Force (Search Your Feelings): [roll0]

His inability to find the Jedi's constant companion unnerves him further.

"Master," he says, after a moment's hesitation, "I... don't feel anything. I sought guidance through the Force with regard to this mission, just as you've taught me... but I felt... nothing."

Real fear is apparent in his usually calm eyes.

Gamgee
2009-01-24, 01:41 AM
Save the Republic, eh? That certainly sounded like an interesting assignment. Percicely that sort of thing that could change a normal, albeit promising, career in diplomacy to a fast-track to politics. It was bothersome that he had received so little information though. It was Jono's firm opinion that whoever had the most intel usually ended up the winner and in this matter he knew almost nothing at all.

"SIP-3, was it?" Jono asked the droid. "I need to make a few calls. Feel free to go ahead to the docks. Tell the others..." What others? Jono realized he didn't even know who else was part of the mission but it seemed unlikely that he would be alone with the droid on what seemed to be a very sensitive matter. "Tell them that I'll a few minutes behind you. This shouldn't take very long."

Without waiting for the droid to response Jono walked away from him, in the opposite direction of the docks, until he was certain that no one was close enough to overhear him contacting everyone he could imagine having even a little bit of information on the matter.

OOC: I realize that Gather Information is supposed to take a while but I figured Jono puts out some "hooks" now and doesn't learn any information until later (if at all). If that's not an acceptable way of using Gather Information, just consider it some nifty role-playing. :smallamused:
SIP-3
Without saying a word the little silver droid turns around and heads off into the direction of the docks. The droid doesn't bother looking at anything, but just takes the fastest route to the hangar. It takes only a few minutes to get to the hangar where he waits for his new contact to arrive. With patience born of not having any other choice the droid sits and waits for that sentient meatbag to get here as promised. Meatbag would do fine since he received no designation of who he was.

OOC:
Was hosting my own game in real life, that explains where I was. Also it was an underwhelming first post I know, but I am just a little tired of DnD at the moment. We played for most o the day. :P

Tichrondrius
2009-01-24, 03:21 AM
Tallulah
"Tallulah!" Captain James Daniels said, after she returned from her little straightening up job. "You weren't here for the announcement. Apparently, we've been employed by Senator Corran Rendar to transport some diplomats to Senator Zaine Nabross' flagship." James Daniels said, sound impressed for this ship to have been picked for such a mission by Corran Rendar himself.

Karbin Osla, Kressk, Ren Sargas and SIP-3
With no time to waste, all of you jet off towards the docks. You all eventually come acorss the single ship in yard- a clean looking diplomat ship emblazoned the Ambassadors Arms. It looks like it has no weapons. There is aslo a droid beside it, waiting.

Either by waiting here, or you all meet up at around the same time, you eventually gather together.

Jono Basa
Jono Basa only manages to find out general information about the current situation at the Congress, mainly that most Senators are trapped inside and the terrorists claim Zaine Nabross as their leader, but he has refused to comment. Apparently, Corran Render was gathering a group of diplomats to go try to make contact with the Senator. He promises to get back to you when he has more information.

OOC
Don't worry about it. :P

This next part is going to be a little rough, you'll all be together on this small ship. Once you get there i'll split you up more permanently and allow all of you to fade in and out of groups with the other players.

Liliedhe
2009-01-24, 06:57 AM
In reality, Brea has her own apprehension regarding this mission. So many possibilities to go wrong... Though she might be preoccupied a little, the tall Cerean still has an open ear for her Padawan's worries.

"Do not worry, Kelso. The Force is always there, but your ability to connect with it is still growing - do not be afraid. Fear and doubt limit it more than a lack of training. Allow your fear, and let it pass through you. Let go of it, breath deeply, and try again. I know what you are capable of, even if you do not, yet. Experience cannot be forced."

Gourtox
2009-01-24, 08:36 AM
Kressk

Let's see what we got here. A politician, a Republic technician, and a droid. The droid looks like it can hold his own in a fight, but the technician and the politician are gonna need some looking after. "Hello I'm Kressk and I'll be the one helping to make ssure you all don't die on thiss little trip. Now let's get on the sship. Who wantss to go firsst?" He says all this while carefully watching those he is talking to and his surroundings. He knows that even now they could be attacked. He then looks at the ship thinking If that thing has no weapns we're in trouble.

Ezeze
2009-01-24, 05:10 PM
Tallulah smiled uneasily "Senator Corran Rendar, huh? The" mentally she inserted a few less-then polite but very descriptive adjectives "Senator from Corellia?" They'd spent the last few weeks docked at Corellia, giving the crew (and the Captain) time for leave. If one thing can be said for Tallulah it's that she never wastes time. Within a day or so she managed to procure two things. The first was an invitation to a formal state party, and the second was a little black dress with a neckline low enough to cause a scandal. She then proceeded to use both to devastating effect. She'd expected attention and got a good deal of it from Rendar who, all other qualities aside, was a very powerful and dangerous man - and quite worthy, she decided early on, of occupying the whole of her short vacation. He'd asked her to keep quiet about it, since he styled himself defender of a Human Corellia. She'd consented because hypocrisy and lust were vices she's grown accustomed to, and she was happy remaining anonymous. But then she found out about Rendar's wife, Orinda. Not a girlfriend, or a consort, or a concubine, she wouldn't have minded those so much, but a wife who was helping him with his constant campaigning and taking care of their two-year old and four-month old children. Things like that matter, and one trip to his house later Tallulah had a very powerful enemy. Rendar was paying Orinda a tidy sum to keep the whole affair quiet for the sake of his image, and Tallulah was staying silent as a favor to Orinda - whom she felt she'd hurt quite enough. Quickly she reflected; had she told Rendar what she did for a living? Yes, she had. Had she told him where? No, but that wouldn't be too hard to find out. There were thousands of ships on Correlia, this couldn't possibly be a coincidence. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), Captain James Daniels didn't know any of this, so Tallulah just smiled "very nice, sir."

Tichrondrius
2009-01-24, 05:19 PM
Brea and Kelso
"Be mindful of your feelings, young Padawan. In time, you will learn to trust in the Living Force." Waric said, nodding at Brea and giving Kelso a reassuring smile. "There she is- the Ambassadors Arms. A lovely diplomatic ship." Waric said, nodding in approval. You see it in the dock, shiny and ready for take off.

"Good luck to both of you, and may the Force be with you." The Master said, giving them one last look before turning to leave.

It looks like there is a bit of a crowd here already, presumably the other members of the mission.

Liliedhe
2009-01-24, 05:31 PM
Brea

She eyes the crowd with curiosity, trying to get a first impression of them. "And this is just a diplomatic mission? It seems to be a lot of effort for something so benign." A shrewd look passes over her face. "So who did throw his weight around to get us all involved? And what do they really want?"

The Cerean places her hand on her Padawans shoulder. "Well, what do you think, young Kelso?"

Gamgee
2009-01-24, 05:41 PM
SIP-3
Looking out over the ship the small silvery looking droid was slowly making his way across the ship. His light blue eye never wavering. Finally he looked around at all those around him, it took just a second. Finally a diagnostic appeared on his visual scanners. The ship was apparently from here quite unarmed and there were no obvious secret compartments. The crew didn't look like they were ready to handle anything if it got rough. Finally there were a few odd beings around, none of them registered on the threat scale except for the other droid. Droids always registered a one on the threat scale simply because they could easily be concealed weapons.

Curious to know more SIP-3 rolls over to the droid standing beside the ship. Looking at the droid nothing is obviously apparent "What is your designation? I wish to know so that I can work in unison with any other service droids that may be present."

Levyathyn
2009-01-24, 06:01 PM
Ren

Ren noticed the gathering crowd and nervously watched the floor. Experience had put him in with smugglers and criminals, and he had no way to act around diplomats and Jedi. The ship seemed, insofar as he could tell, reliable. He didn't notice any obvious weapons, and he hoped they wouldn't need them on this trip. There was a Trandoshan sitting with a rifle, obviously hired muscle, but he seemed less monstrous than some Ren had met. He almost seemed polite. It gave him a unique quality, and Ren decided to keep his eye on him. He also noticed a small number of droids and unimportant nobles. At least one of the droids was an unfamiliar design to Ren, but he was more used to their inner workings anyway. His palms tingled, and he longed for something to do. He felt exposed here, in the open.

Lykainon
2009-01-24, 07:34 PM
After finishing up what had turned out to be a rather pathetic excuse for intelligence gathering, Jono headed for the docks himself. The information regarding the ship waiting for him had been as sparse as the information regarding everything else tied to this mission but luckily the protocol droid seemed to have found the right ship and was waiting next to group of people one would have to assume was the rest of the group.

Certainly a diverse collection by the looks of them. Some of them were no doubt military back-up in case something went wrong. That was the good part. Some of them seemed to be Jedi. That was the bad part.

Jono realized that the Jedi were theoretically on his side, especially in a crisis the required 'saving the Republic'. But that didn't mean he had to like them. They were extremely competent most of the time, no doubt about that, the only previous time Jono had met a Jedi up close was when he saw one defending himself from robbers at Nar Shaddaa. It had been short and brutal. But from studying reports and through rumors, Jono had came to the conclusion that a Jedi was like a warship with a conscience. Extremely useful when triggered but not pragmatic enough to be of use most of the time.

"Ladies and gentlemen" Jono greeted everyone with a nod and a smile that people who didn't know better would have taken for a real one. "My name is Jono Basa, diplomat of the Republic. It is my sincere pleasure to meet all of you."

Ascension
2009-01-24, 08:30 PM
Kelso

"I think we can't possibly be too cautious in this situation," Kelso admits to Brea. After Jono greets the group he adds, in a low voice, "...and I think the bigger the mouth, the more trouble it can bring."

Tichrondrius
2009-01-24, 09:16 PM
Captain James Daniels walked out from his ship to greet the assembled masses. "Greetings, diplomats!" He said cheerfully, "It is my sworn duty to get all of you there and back safely, and I will not defer on my responsibilities. If you need anything on the voyage, please refer to Ensign Tallulah." The Captain continued, gesturing both for all of you to enter the lush ship and toward the young Twi'Lek.

"And I'll be joining you, and briefing you along the way." A shrill voice said from behind, as Senator Corran Render's oblivious Rodian Aide walked out. "Well, chop chop, we don't want to be late for somewhere we weren't invited, yes, no?" He chirped out and entered the ship.

The droid beeped back at SIP-3, but you understood it as, "T7-D7, Astromech and Utility Droid. Pleased to make your acquaintance." Before rolling past you and up the ramp into the ship.

Levyathyn
2009-01-24, 10:21 PM
Ren

Ren stepped onto the ship, his eyes lingering on the female Twi'lek. He made sure to step to the side quickly, so no one would have to touch him to walk by. He looked around at the ship he would be staying on and wondered if he had his own room or if he would be sharing with someone. Mentally, as he did every time someone introduced themselves, he checked his memory for Daniels' name. Ren had sliced some incriminating files on a number of Coruscant's populace, but he remembered nothing on the Captain. Either he was clean or Ren hadn't run the files personally.

Reverent-One
2009-01-25, 05:22 PM
Arriving at the docks, Karbin takes account of the other beings who seem to be here for the same reason as himself. From the lightsaber at the belt of one them, it would seem that Jedi have been assigned to this mission as well, which comes as no real surprise to Karbin. Jedi may not be as knowledgeable in politics as true diplomats or senators, but they had their own ways of making people see their point of view, or so he had heard, as he has never worked with one before. As for the rest of them, there was a official of some sort and a protocol droid, as well as some human of more questionable purpose. Having grown up on Mon Calamari and seen far more elegant and grand modes of transportation, Karbin was not impressed with the ship itself, but this model should serve it's purpose.

After Jono introduced himself, Karbin extended him a webbed hand, "Karbin Osla, aide to Senator Toveres, hopefully we will be able to bring this crisis to a peaceful end." Anything further was cut off when the Captain walked out and made his welcome. Karbin then entered the ship after the Rodian.

Gourtox
2009-01-25, 08:43 PM
Kressk

He studied the ship hoping that it at least had some secret weapons before he notices that there are some people at the docks with lightsabers hanging from their belts. Jedi, I had expected for a few of them to come with us and I bet they will be able to hold their own in a fight. After the captains announcement his eye is drawn to the young Twi'Lek called Tallulah. As he looks he asesses her for possible combat skills. She might be able to hold her own in a fight. He then folllows Karbin into the ship.

Gamgee
2009-01-25, 09:11 PM
SIP-3
The organics had all gathered into a convenient zone for him to watch over. This was making the job easy, but first he had to do one last thing. He had to scout out the interior of the ship and memorize the basic layout. He could search in detail later, but for now a layout was needed. Taking one last glance at the group to make sure they were all doing the meatbag thing SIP-3 entered the ship and began to explore its interior. He was doing a basic sweep of the ship and all of its floors, anything he didn't have access to he would skip and get back to later.

OOC: If you could PM me a floor plan of the ship and anything I am able to access/not access it would be great.

Ezeze
2009-01-25, 09:41 PM
Tallulah inclines her head slightly as Captain Daniels indicates her. These were Important People - worthy of the capital letters. There were even Jedi! She'd heard of them, but never met any. She held her tongue as the others handled introductions, but listened. The others knew her name, but she couldn't say the same for any of them just yet.

Ascension
2009-01-25, 11:55 PM
Kelso

Kelso shoots a sideways glance at Brea, expecting a response from her, but when she does not respond... who knows, maybe both her brains are elsewhere... he takes a timid step forward.

"On behalf of my master and myself I'd like to say we thank you for allowing us the use of your ship."

Liliedhe
2009-01-26, 10:20 AM
Brea

Brea's lips twitch a little as her Padawan makes his statement. "Yes, thank you for your aid, Captain. I am Brea and this is my Padawan, Kelso."

Ascension
2009-01-26, 10:39 AM
Kelso

"At your service," Kelso adds reflexively, half-bowing.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-26, 04:05 PM
Captain Daniels greets everyone graciously and informs them of their rooms, but suggests that it won't be a very long trip. The ship isn't very large and seems like it was made for a smaller party of diplomats. There isn't a large crew either, with the Captain, Tallulah, the droid and only two other crew members stationed aboard. It looks pretty luxurious though, and it seems like you'll be traveling in style.

Once all of you are aboard, the Captain informs all of you to buckle up and takes off in the wild black yonder. Once out in space, Captain Daniels smiles and says that you are now free to move about the cabin.

"Now, now, quiet down, quiet." Rodian Aide Navik says to those seated, "Senator Zaine Nabross is an idealist." He begins, briefing you. "He believes that power is too great to be held by the Council, that one day someone will get too powerful. He doesn't voice these opinions often and works just fine- but its what he believes. Which is why it wasn't such a big stretch that these terrorist might be working for him, as they said." The Rodian Aide cleared his throat, "He also values beauty most of all. His ship will be very lavish. Unfortunately, hes been... bitter about... an accident." The Rodian said, rubbing his eyes. "Zaine Nabross used to be very attractive, by most peoples admission. A model before a Senator. But he was recently scarred in an accident... whatever you do, do not mention the scar, do not look at the scar, don't even think about the scar." The Rodian cautioned.

Levyathyn
2009-01-26, 06:02 PM
Ren

Ren speaks for the first time. His low, quiet voice is nonetheless well spoken and clean of any inflection or accent. It carries surprisingly well in the silence after the Rodian speaks. "How did he get the scar?"

Gourtox
2009-01-26, 06:30 PM
Kressk

He looks at the republic technician quitly talking. Unused to speaking quietly speaking in his usual volume he bluntly says, "Yess, what happened to him? What ssort of accident wass it? Wass it an accident of deadly kind or whatt?" Could there be more enemies than I thought? He thinks, trying to remember any enemies of the senator.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-26, 07:58 PM
"Calm, calm." The Rodian continues, "It was a terrible speeder 'accident', though I doubt anyone believes that anymore." The Aide said, shaking his head. "He became reclusive afterward, only making appearences in the Senate and refusing diplomats, reporters and speches... which is why we're uninvited." He chirped.

"Now, now, his ship is a very large restored warship, most of the weapons removed. It was very expensive. We'll be docking on the right side and, hopefully..." He looked grave, "They won't shoot at us. No, no, he wouldn't do that to diplomats of the Republic.. no, no." He looked uncertain.

Captain Daniels spoke up, "Me and the pilot will alternate driving this puppy, feel free to move about, get some food, or sleep. We should be there by the time you wake up. There are only four rooms for passengers, so most of you will have to double up. The only places that are off limits except to my crew are the cockpit, the storage room, and the two crew chambers." He finished, ducking into the cockpit room.

Levyathyn
2009-01-26, 08:07 PM
Ren

Ren sighed. It looked like it would be another long trip without computer access. The comment disparaging the accident as a possible attempt on Nabross' life gave Ren pause, though. Maybe Zaine would hve his men fire on the diplomatic ship. If the accident was an attempt on Zaine's life, or even if he thought it was, he could endanger the whole rew of this ship, as well as the diplomatic party. As for the bunks, Ren just decided to wait and take whatever was left. He didn't want to make a scene, and he had to hope someone wouldn't mind sharing with him.

Gamgee
2009-01-27, 01:31 PM
SIP-3
A quick stroll around the ship revealed that it was a very mundane ship. There had been nothing even registering as a level one threat on his scanners. What a boring job this was turning about to be. So without wasting any more time the droid rolled into the room where the conference was being held. He quickly strolled over to his master Jono. As low as he could get his audio to go he spoke up as to not disturb anything that might be going on "Are zere any orders zat I am to receive master? Anything important zat I should be aware of that I may have missed while assisting zhe other droids on board zis ship?"

Regardless of what his master told him SIP-3 was planning on searching the audio records for exact details of what transpired. He could never be too sure after all.

Lykainon
2009-01-27, 01:52 PM
Jono had been trying to evaluate the situation when the droid distrubed his concentration. "Oh, I don't think so." He answered. "Not at the moment anyway."

Noticing that he still had way to little data to make a proper evaluation, Jono walked over to the two Jedi, politely bowing his head toward each of them before speaking.

"I see the Jedi Council has an interest in this as well." He said with a smile. "I'm sure your special skills will come in handy during the operation."

Liliedhe
2009-01-27, 02:05 PM
Brea

The Cerean nods in acknowledgement. "We hope to be of service. It is a singular situation and the consequences could be most dire."

Gourtox
2009-01-27, 06:20 PM
Kressk

Noticeing the diplomat and the jedi talking he decides to introduce himself. "Hello my name iss Kressk. I ssee you are Jedi." he says observing their lightsabers as he walks over toward them. "I've heard that the jedi are good fighterss iss thiss true?

Liliedhe
2009-01-27, 06:27 PM
Brea

"We are trained to defend ourselves and others, yes. But violence is an outcome to be avoided", explains Brea with a slight note of disdain in her voice.

Gourtox
2009-01-27, 07:07 PM
Kressk

"My people view violence very differently. However I had guessed you jedi would have different viewss. I'm glad that you do know how to defend yoursselfss, for thiss thing may turn violent." Kressk says with a smile on his scaly lips as the last words leave his mouth.

Reverent-One
2009-01-27, 07:42 PM
Karbin shook his head sadly as he heard the briefing, beings such as this Senator Nabross had no place in a Senate position and were unable to fulfill their obligations to the state. If he were wise, he would step aside and let someone more quailified take over. Of course, if he were wise, there would not be this issue in the first place.

After the briefing was finished, he approached the group that was rapidly forming, and responded to his bodyguard's comment, "But of course, we should hope it will not reach that point, both for our sakes, and for those trapped in the Senate. Though we are going to meet a narcissist with anarchic sympathies who may be violently indisposed towards guests such as ourselves. The waves of this storm seem to be getting rougher, do they not?"

Ezeze
2009-01-27, 11:22 PM
Tallulah swallows nervously, but keeps her eyes forward and her expression calm. Was that the reason Jedi were on this trip? She had realized it would be dangerous, but the way the bodyguard was talking, the mission was beginning to sound like suicide. She tried to take solace that Navik probably wouldn't be here if they thought it'd get them dead, but that only made her consider - perhaps he had done something to anger Rendar as well?

Tichrondrius
2009-01-28, 08:08 PM
Navik did look nervous. Maybe he was unsure about that too. But still, he chirped approvingly at the discussion. "Yes, yes, no conflict." He reminded.

With a jolt you felt the ship burst into hyper speed. If there's nothing more interesting to do on the ship, you'll probably be there by my next post. Now, that's speed. There was a holo chessboard, you could take a nap, or keep chatting nervously. It seems what Navik is primed for.

Ascension
2009-01-29, 05:23 PM
"Chess is a gentlewoman's game," Kelso remarks to his Master in a soft tone, though not quite a whisper, "I'm surprised to find a board here."

Liliedhe
2009-01-29, 05:34 PM
Brea

Gentlewomen aren't the only beings who might enjoy to test their wit against others. Not everyone values the complexities of Dejarik."

Brea smiles at her Padawan, before taking a seat behind the gameboard. "Would you give me a chance?"

Levyathyn
2009-01-29, 05:52 PM
Ren

Nervously, Ren watched the well-spoken nobles. The Jedi, while troublesome in the manner of all peacekeepers, were nonetheless good. They seemed to have the best interests of everyone in mind, whereas the nobles Ren had known always seemed to consider themselves first. And most of them stopped there. He didn't distrust them, but he would keep an eye on them. The Tandoshan seemed alright. Ren could appreciate the soldier before the battle, as well as after. And, knowing nothing of Wookies or slavers, he could find no ill thoughts for the being. A slick, custom droid slowly trolled through the ship's main area, scanning, or so it appeared, the entire craft. While innocent enough, the droid was nonetheless a custom work. Ren decided it was probably a security measure, and wondered who brought it aboard. After another minute of detailed examination, Ren decided to make for one of the ship's bunks and get some rest. He doubted sleep would come easy; It never had all the years before.

Gamgee
2009-01-29, 08:41 PM
SIP-3
A quick replay of the conversation revealed all that he had missed wandering around the ship. As the video on the cameras in the meeting room came to an end of anything interesting SIP-3 disconnected the feed. Looking to the left he seen one of the organic meat bags looking at him. Just a split second to long he lingered on him. His basic programming and understanding of psychology told him that the meat bag might actually be intimidated. Finally SIP-3 turned on his treads and rolled over to see this oh so cautious and possibly quite fearful being. Either or both combinations led to a small update under meatbag designated Ren, a green level one threat tag was stuck beside his name now.

"Good day sir! Is zere any vay zat I can serve you today? You seemed to be trying to catch my attention, although I must say a simple zhing like beckoning me vould have allowed me to serve you faster sir."

Reverent-One
2009-01-29, 08:56 PM
Karbin smiled as he tried to reassure Navik. "Calm friend. I'm sure between all of us we can bring this to a peaceful conclusion." When the leader of the mission is nervous, that nervousness has a habit of spreading, better to try to end it now.

Persuasion check to try to reassure him, I guess? if you want a different roll, just let me know.
[roll0]
EDIT: *sigh* I get so many 3's.

Levyathyn
2009-01-29, 08:57 PM
"Good day sir! Is zere any vay zat I can serve you today? You seemed to be trying to catch my attention, although I must say a simple zhing like beckoning me vould have allowed me to serve you faster sir."

Ren

Ren studied the droid for another second or two. He imagined the droid had some kind of psychology analyzer, at least, if it was the custom job he believed. "Just noticing your after-market modifications." He said, quietly. "You brought here for a specific purpose?" ren sked, before leaning back in the chair. "Or did you just decide yourself?"

Ascension
2009-01-30, 12:32 AM
Kelso

Kelso takes the seat across the board from Brea.

"Is this a test, Master?" he asks.

Liliedhe
2009-01-30, 02:51 AM
Brea

"Life is a test. This is merely a way to pass the time."

She smiles reassuringly at the young man, a faint spark of her rare humor glowing in her eyes. "If you would rather do something else, just say it."

Lykainon
2009-01-30, 03:08 AM
Not knowing exactly what to do Jono walked over to the chessboard to observe the Jedi Knights' game. He had found that studying how people played such game sometimes could reveal insights into how they played life itself. Jono himself for example, rarely hesitated to sacrifice a few pawns in order to win.

"Do you mind if I watch?" He asked the older of the two.

Ascension
2009-01-30, 11:56 AM
"Oh, no, this is fine."

Kelso activates the board.

"My mistress always said I was good at this..."

Liliedhe
2009-01-30, 12:17 PM
Brea

After checking whether Kelso is ok with this (and narrowing her eyes a little at the mention of his 'mistress'), she nods in approval to Jono. "Of course."

She then seems to sink back in her seat, her eyes focussing on the game board. It's like she goes away, while remaining physically here...

Gourtox
2009-01-30, 04:17 PM
Kressk

He walked over to the chessboard. Jedi playing chess. This should be interesting. "May I watch your match? I've alwayss wondered how jedi play chessss."

Liliedhe
2009-01-30, 04:57 PM
Brea

Seemingly coming to from a long way away, the Cerean lifts her head and fixes her calm blue eyes on Kressk. "In the exact same way as everybody else. Select a piece, calculate the possibilities, move it an appropriate amount of squares. Maybe, if we are intent on doing it with a bit more effort, calculate several moves in advance."

A quirky smile plays around her full lips that might have been sensuous on a different woman.

"But of course I will not keep someone intent on furthering his education from doing so. Watch, please."

Levyathyn
2009-01-30, 05:26 PM
Ren

Ren quickly bores of the chess. He believed there were far better methods of finding out about a person's methodology. He stood and began to look around the cabin. He notices the lounge, and decides to step inside. The room is void of many amenities of the palace, but it has a small, workable kitchen, HoloNet transciever, a drink machine, and a small codex of datapad books. Ren piks one up and sits in the quiet, casually perusing the volume.

Is that all good, Tich?

Ascension
2009-01-30, 11:50 PM
As the game proceeds Kelso asks, "Would I be correct in assuming that you are watching us under the assumption that we will be less willing to sacrifice our pieces? Less willing to manipulate pawns for our personal gain?"

Keslo moves a piece forward in a daringly aggressive move.

"I cannot speak for my master, but I draw a distinction between actual life and the life of a chessman."

Liliedhe
2009-01-31, 04:41 AM
Brea

Still with that quirky amusement on her face, Brea shakes her head. "No, I suppose he would expect us to move the pieces without touching them, or reading the opponents mind for his strategy."

She refuses to be intimidated by Kelso's move, and keeps analyzing the situation calmly. Then she moves a threatened piece out of the way, falling back...

Gourtox
2009-01-31, 09:47 AM
Kressk

He laughs which sounds like a mix between a hiss and an actual laugh. "Really I just expected a more interessting game." he says looking at the Cerean jedi. Chuckling again his eyes return to the game board.

Ascension
2009-01-31, 09:52 AM
Kelso

"Ah, but that would reveal a complete lack of understanding of Jedi teaching, wouldn't it? Practically the first thing we're taught is not to use the Force for frivolity," Kelso says to Brea before Kressk's explanation.

After Kressk speaks he adds, "So now you see that being a Jedi makes no difference while you're seated at the chessboard. Now if there were still any Sith around, they could give you the 'interesting' game you expect... for some value of 'interesting,' anyway. Unfortunately for you, though, 'interesting' would probably involve your death..."

Ezeze
2009-01-31, 11:08 AM
Tallulah had been standing near the door, out of the way, but upon hearing the Jedi's comment, her curiosity gets the best of her. "The Sith? But they were defeated, weren't they?"

Liliedhe
2009-01-31, 11:18 AM
Brea

"Yes. They were. The last Sith died a long time ago."

There's a certain finalty to Brea's words and an accompanying gaze like a warning shot towards her Padawan.

Gourtox
2009-01-31, 11:25 AM
Kressk

When Kelso speaks the last sentence Kressk's eyes turn cold and he stops chuckleling. His head turns to face the jedi almost seething with anger. "Mosst jedi are careful with their wordss, you apparently aren't. That iss ssomething you sshould learn for jedi or no if you offend the wrong persson you will die. I am not ssomeone woh takess kindly to offenssess either, esspecialy about my battle sskilss. Conssider your wordss carefully before you sspeak them, jedi." His eyes return to the chessboard, but his eyes stay cold and his mood stays dark. That was before Tallulah and Brea spoke. After Brea speaks he simply says "The Ssith sshal alwayss come back, they have time and time before." without his eyes ever leaving the chessboard.

Ascension
2009-01-31, 11:30 AM
Kelso

"What did I say?" Kelso asks, genuinely confused, "All I'm saying is if you want ostentatious Force displays, the Jedi aren't the people you should expect them from."

Lykainon
2009-01-31, 11:50 AM
"That is reasonable." Jono said. "Even without knowing about the... philosophical reasons behind it, I do know that showing potential opponents what one is capable of is rather unwise."

Ascension
2009-01-31, 12:06 PM
Kelso

Kelso raises a questioning eyebrow.

"You don't understand the Force at all, do you? It's not something one is 'capable of.'"

Ezeze
2009-01-31, 12:16 PM
Ouch! A ship full of over-inflated egos, stress and blasters; and someone decides to start being condescending. Tallulah flashes Kelso a smile then rests her hand gently on Jono's arm, hoping that he wont feel overly compelled to rise to the challenge. "Would anyone like a drink?"

Gourtox
2009-01-31, 12:19 PM
Kressk

"Yess and I'll help you get the drinkss." Finally a way to get away from all these diplomats and jedi although the cerean isn't so bad. He will follow Tallulah when she leaves to get the drinks.

Tichrondrius
2009-01-31, 12:30 PM
Fate, seemingly enjoying your witty banter and chess match, seemed to linger to watch the match. But, all good things must come to an end, and a voice comes over the PA. "We're on our final approach." The Captains Voice says, "Surprisingly little interruption... there were a lot of people who didn't want this mission happening." His voice continues warily.

"Well, their pitiful might pales in comparison to their fear of Corran, yes, yes." Navik says, rubbing his hands together.

There is a very tense moment where you feel as if Zaine's ship will actually shoot you out of the sky... but a moment later the ship lurches as it initiates docking procedure with the large battleship. You feel it touch down inside the battleship's hanger, and lock into place. The nearby airlock open up, and the ramp extends. A person in regal looking clothes appears, poking his head in, surrounded by armed guards.

"Diplomatic envoy, eh? Senator Nabross will not be pleased, not at all. He asked not to be disturbed... well, it can't be helped. Come on diplomats- bring your bodyguards if you want. You won't need... Jedi?" The diplomat says, catching a lump in his throat. "Well, come on."

"One of our crew should go check things out and report back. Tallulah?" The Captain asks, inclining his head at her.

"I'll be staying on the ship, I was just here to brief you, yes, yes. Senator Nabross..." Navik trailed off, and went further back in the ship.

Lykainon
2009-01-31, 03:02 PM
"No?" Jono asked Kelso, looking mildly surprised himself. "But if we cut out the philosophy surronding it for a moment, you are capable of things I am not, thanks to the Force."

Levyathyn
2009-01-31, 03:17 PM
Ren

Ren emerges from the rear of the ship casually. His hands are empty but he appears calm, as if the time alone has left him relaxed. He approahes the official and nods, showing willingness to follow.

Gourtox
2009-02-01, 10:27 AM
Kressk

"Well I guess we won't need to bother with thosse drinkss. He walks over the official and waits for the rest to come.

Ezeze
2009-02-01, 11:23 AM
Tallulah looks questioningly at the Captain. An odd request, asking her to follow the group when Navik stays on board. But if he was in with the Senator, would he have told her who was employing them? Either way she doesn't make a fuss, just follows at the rear of the group.

Reverent-One
2009-02-01, 11:43 AM
Karbin walks gracefully down the ramp, mind whirling with all the new information on this crisis. Nabross's dislike of being disturbed was expected, but the jedi being an additional agitator? And Navik staying behind? More unknowns in a already bad situation. When he reaches Kressk, he mutters quietly, "Do try to remember your duty and stay by my side."

Liliedhe
2009-02-01, 11:51 AM
Brea

With a frown, Brea memorizes the game, and then takes her bag and moves to leave the ship, following the others.

Gourtox
2009-02-01, 12:02 PM
Kressk

"Of coursse Karbin. I won't forget what I'm paid for. He whispers back.

Ascension
2009-02-01, 05:14 PM
Kelso

"I... we'll discuss this at some other time."

Kelso's entire demeanor changes as the mission proper begins. His face becomes an unyielding picture of stoicism and he falls into place behind his master, completely the obedient servant.

Tichrondrius
2009-02-02, 02:01 AM
"Don't any of you dare to look at the Master's face." The person leading you to Zaine Nabross warned.

When all of you arrived there, a large chair in the center was turned, but it slowly circled to face you. "So many to see me?" A strong melodic voice rang out from the person in the chair, covered in a shadow with a hood down over the right side of his face. "You can leave your goons by the door. Those of you here to discuss diplomacy, please have a seat. I think that's four of you- including the noble Jedi, of course." He said, his voice dripping with venom.

"Now... lets get this over with..."

Liliedhe
2009-02-02, 02:51 AM
Brea

Unfazed by his sarcasm, Brea gracefully steps forward and bows curtly. "Greetings, Senator. We hope to be of assistance." Her eyes do not evade the man's face, but she doesn't pry.

Lykainon
2009-02-02, 03:21 AM
"Precisely." Jono agrees and bows as well. "Although I certainly hope we'll get some additional information, so far we've been kept rather in the dark outside the most basic."

Gamgee
2009-02-04, 03:15 PM
SIP-3
Leaving with the group they entered the throne room, SIP-3 took a quick look around but decided he didn't want to look suspicious by moving all over the place and investigating even the faintest movement could spell disaster. Finally as the guard were ordered to stand by the door SIP-3 slowly rolled along beside the diplomats who were walking over to the seats indicated. SIP-3 was barely interested in the conglomeration at hand he had his audio sensors on overtime looking for traces of even minute sounds that might be the assassin or troop of guards ready to kill them. Threat indicator was flashing yellow in his internal monitor. Level three a moderate threat or good chance of it.

[roll0] Perception Check. I'm using listening at the moment and not scanning the room so as to not give myself away. If that imposes a penalty just factor it in when you let me know the results.

Ascension
2009-02-04, 08:34 PM
Kelso

Kelso pays his respects with a stiff bow but refrains from speaking. His face remains an expressionless mask. As requested, he avoids lingering on the senator's visage.

Reverent-One
2009-02-04, 08:42 PM
Before he sits down, Karbin bows before the Senator, hands spread. "Thank you for seeing us, Senator, especially on such short notice. It is a pleasure to meet you. We apologize for the sudden arrival, but there are vital matters we must discuss."

Tichrondrius
2009-02-05, 01:17 AM
"Vital matters?" Senator Nabross begins, blowing on his fingers. "You are here because some certain parties, your employer the esteemed Corran Render, believe I have something to do with the current state of the situation at the Senate. Unfortunately, I do not." He said, shuffling a bit. "Now, I have... indulged your curiosity. Leave."

Levyathyn
2009-02-05, 03:22 AM
Ren

Ren stands his ground at the door, watching the Senator calmly. He decided not to interfere, but something told him things would not go well. At least I might be able to do my job. I hope I have the opportunity. To come all this way for nothing...to be useless...I would despise that.

Liliedhe
2009-02-05, 04:38 AM
Brea

"If you are innocent of misdeeds, Senator, this stance is of no help."

The Jedi's cool blue eyes linger on the shadowed face, as she feels for his reaction in the Force. "If you are guilty, it has little influence on the outcome of the situation, of course."

[roll0]
Force Perception, to read the good Senator.

Ascension
2009-02-05, 11:15 AM
Kelso

Kelso thinks his Master's words a bit... harsh... and dealing with nobles certainly falls within his area of expertise, so he ventures to speak, trying to keep his words gentle to avoid provoking the Senator's wrath.

"We would certainly like to believe in your innocence," Kelso says, diplomatically, "and I, personally, am certain your intentions are good regardless of your actions. But we are required to seek proof of your lack of involvement in recent events. Please, help us. It's for your own good."

Persuasion: [roll0]

Tichrondrius
2009-02-05, 09:59 PM
As you focus the Force on Zaine Nabross you feel suddenly a little sick, and the force feels clouded.

"Very well... let us discuss these matters..." Zaine says, the console next to him suddenly beeping loudly indicating an incoming holo-call. "I would very much like to get this over with quickly and move on..." He says, attempting to cover up the loudly buzzing incoming call.

Liliedhe
2009-02-06, 04:32 AM
Brea

"Please do take your call, Senator. Maybe it will shed light on the situation..."

Brea smiles at the Senator, hiding her nauseous feelings. Something is very much not well here.

Gourtox
2009-02-06, 06:52 AM
Kressk

He followed closely behind the group before hearing the Senators words. He then stands at the door searching for possible attackers.

[roll0] Perception check[/spoiler]

Ezeze
2009-02-06, 07:20 PM
Spared from the attention of others for the moment and without need to be inconspicuous, Tallulah indulges her curiosity - looking about at anything that catches her interest. Despite or perhaps even because of Naviks warning, she steals a second glance at Zaine's scar.

[roll0]

Tichrondrius
2009-02-07, 03:34 PM
"No, no, quite alright..." The Senator insists, as the call ends. "Now, onto business..."

There are several guards, some milling about the room, and two on either side of the Senator himself.

The only notable things about the room are the large window to open space behind the Senator. You notice his scar, which exposes breifly when he turns his head, it seems to run down the length of his face over his eye. He seems to stare right at you with his yellow eyes when you look at it.

"Or shall we just sit here all the while, mm?" He asks, looking back at Brea.

Liliedhe
2009-02-07, 03:53 PM
Brea

The Jedi smiles a pleasant smile.

"By all means, Senator, let us deal with the business at hand. And that would be your potential involvement in the plot against the Republic... which you deny. But I feel you are not quite truthful with us."

Her blue eyes are still fixed on the Senator, undaunted.

Reverent-One
2009-02-07, 04:30 PM
Letting the Jedi act tough towards the Senator, Karbin takes a softer approach. "Senator, even if you have nothing to do with the terrorists holding the Senate hostage, perhaps you might know something more about them, since you both seem to be adherents to the same philosophy, the terrorists merely having more of an extremist bent."

Tichrondrius
2009-02-07, 05:40 PM
"Certainly, they are extremist. But, whose to say this wouldn't be good for the galaxy? We don't want any loss of life..." Senator Nabross said, smiling, "But the destruction of the Senate would force power away from a centralized goverment and give more power to the smaller outlying systems... a Confederacy of Systems." The Senator continued with passion. "But, I contest I had nothing to do with these attacks... and I am personally offended Senator Render would insult me by sending an armed force..." He said, his eyes drifting over the more combat worthy members of your group, "..to 'discuss' with me. When every second is precious, when even now people could be dying..."

Liliedhe
2009-02-07, 05:51 PM
Brea

"If you are opposed to endangering lives then maybe you are willing to help us. If these people follow your ideals, they might listen to you. Would you be willing to try persuading them to end this before it has gone to far?"

Levyathyn
2009-02-07, 07:18 PM
Ren

Ren notices the shelves in either corner of the room, decorated with small statues and art. He moves in closer to the one on the right, noticing a curious one he believes to be Ithorian. He picks it up gently as the conversation winds around behind him.

Gourtox
2009-02-07, 07:28 PM
Kressk

Noticing the guards he walks back over to the group. He arrives next to Karbin in time to hear the Senator's latest words. He whispers to Karbin very quietly "There are sseveral guardss. They could posse a threat if thiss doessn't go well." He then looks at the Senator searching for a concealed weapon.

[roll0]

Ascension
2009-02-07, 07:57 PM
Kelso

"A peaceful solution is always our aim," Kelso adds.

Tichrondrius
2009-02-08, 11:49 PM
"Perhaps I could have a chat with them but, er, not just now." Senator Nabross said, stroking his chin. "But, yes- excuse me, could you unhand that?" He shot at Ren with a stern glare, and then glared back at Kressk. "See something? I do not like to be stared at." He growled, but you did manage to notice what looked to be a blade hilt and several blasters.

"Yes, yes, peaceful solution... bugger." He cursed under his breath as his phone calls beeped again, "I am a very busy man." The Senator added, shooting a dirty look at the assembled group. "Could you, perhaps, go into the next room while I take this?" He smiled politely. "My aide will show you the way." He continued, gesturing to a nearby human who motioned for them to follow.

Ascension
2009-02-09, 02:22 AM
"Is there something you don't want us to hear, Senator?" Kelso asks. His tone remains polite, but his question has something of an edge to it.

Reverent-One
2009-02-09, 02:02 PM
Karbin looks incredulously at the Senator, "You have more important business than the crisis at the Senate? The stability of our government and the lives of your colleges are at risk, a risk you yourself would have been facing had you been there."

Gourtox
2009-02-09, 03:34 PM
Kressk

He stops looking at the Senator when he starts getting glared at, but not before he notices what appears to be a blade hilt and several blasters. Once again whispering quietly in to Karbin he says, "He iss armed. A blade of ssome ssort and ssome blassterss." His attention is then focused on the attendant.

Tichrondrius
2009-02-09, 10:08 PM
"More important? Surely not... just, leave me be for a moment. I have business to attend to that does not concern any of you." The Senator said with a stern glare, and gestured towards the door once more. "I could have you removed from the ship, you know." He adds.

Liliedhe
2009-02-10, 02:18 AM
Brea

"You certainly could. Although it would of course send a very questionable message about not only your intention but also your involvement in this affair."

Brea once again reaches out for the Senator in the Force, trying to make sense of her feelings from before...

[roll0]

Levyathyn
2009-02-10, 03:27 AM
Ren

Ren is more than happy to accomodate to the sentor's wishes. He stes the small piece of statury down and briskly leaves the room. He waits in the hallway, impatient to see this matter come to a close. Too long spent out from behind a computer has made him fail to see the importance of this man if, as he claims, he is uninvolved.

Ascension
2009-02-10, 03:39 AM
Kelso activates his audio recorder and drops it on the floor beneath his seat as subtly as possible.

Stealth: [roll0]

"Well, I suppose we have little choice..." he rises to leave.

Ezeze
2009-02-10, 02:32 PM
Tallulah terries slightly behind the others, hoping perhaps that the senator will begin his call when all the "important" people are out of the room. Mentally, she notes the way out, judging whether or not it would be possible to sneak back into the room on her own.

Levyathyn
2009-02-10, 06:37 PM
Ren

Ren, trying to avoid the guards notice, attempts to slip off from the group. One of the guards does indeed notice him, and approaches. "What are you doing? Where do you think you're going?" He asks, readying his weapon. Ren shrugs and tries to look casual. "I ws just attempting to find the bathroom without offending the Senator. I don't play a part in these negotiations, and I didn't want my sudden absence to weaken the already fragile talks in there. Excuse my impertinence."

[roll0]

Liliedhe
2009-02-10, 06:42 PM
Brea

The Cerean doesn't seem inclined to leave, and carefully guards her expression when she realizes her Padawan's little attempt at subterfuge. Still, she refrains from chastising him - this is neither the time nor the place. Instead she gets up.

"If you insist. Of course, we will well remember how very helpful you have been, Senator."

And with that and a perfunctory bow she strides out of the room...

Tichrondrius
2009-02-10, 07:00 PM
With a lurch, you feel a brief presence of the dark side but the actions of your Padawan distract you before you can dig too deeply.

Senator Nabross smiles at you all as his Aide attempts to usher you out. He rubs his eyes and makes sure each and every one of you are out of the room before hitting the button to begin his call.

"I don't know if we can allow that, but okay, sir... its right over there." A guard says, duped by Ren's bluff.

Liliedhe
2009-02-10, 07:07 PM
Brea

Outside of the room, a little smile flits over her face, before she closes her eyes and reaches out again...

[roll0]
[roll1]

She is trying to listen to the Senators call, using the Force to blend out the distractions and the 'cover' of the door. If you think it can't work, then it won't :smallwink: Just trying.

Levyathyn
2009-02-10, 07:15 PM
Ren

With a bow, Ren accepts the aid. "Thank you, sir. I'll only be a moment." He says before stepping into the bathroom and locking it.

Ascension
2009-02-10, 07:32 PM
Kelso

Kelso bides his time, simply waiting for his chance to retrieve his audio recorder.

Reverent-One
2009-02-10, 08:20 PM
Noticing the young jedi's attempt at subterfuge, Karbin would have raised an eyebrow if he had one, slightly amused at the idea of the "honorable jedi" using underhanded tactics of espionage. He leaves the room as well, hoping that the jedi obtains some useful information.

With +12 perception, I figured Karbin would notice.

Tichrondrius
2009-02-11, 02:54 AM
All of you (with the exception of Ren) are funneled into a large side waiting room to wait for Senator Nabross to finish his important call.

When Brea attempts to pierce the door with the force she gets a splitting headache and begins to have visions- all of them bad. She sees a grinning decrepit face, Jedi being slaughtered over and over, a flash of a red lightsaber, and through it all she hears a sinister laugh. You awake from it a moment later.

Ren successfully manages... to get to the bathroom.

Liliedhe
2009-02-11, 04:00 AM
Brea

Her face suddenly pale, Brea gratefully takes a seat. She is breathing heavily. Closing her eyes, she tries to calm herself, and to make sense of the vision she had...

Ezeze
2009-02-11, 04:16 PM
Tallulah tries to sneak back into the room to see what the senator is talking about.

[roll0]

Gourtox
2009-02-12, 06:31 PM
Kressk

He follows Karbin into the room. He is about to try to hear what the senator is saying when he sees the Jedi that he liked pale faced. Walking over to her he asks "Are you all right, Jedi? You look like you're in ssome pain."

Tichrondrius
2009-02-12, 11:17 PM
As Tallulah sneaks about down the corridors past those guards, the guard in front of the door to the Senator's conference room takes a quick look around. "Hm, someone there?" He doesn't seem to notice you, but you'll have to roll again to sneak by him as hes right in front of the door.

Gamgee
2009-02-12, 11:26 PM
SIP-3
SIP-3 just rolls along quietly after the others, stealth wasn't his forte. He started having his programs work on subroutines for future stealth missions. The additional programming would take quite awhile to form, but leave him more versatile in the end. So proud at his efficiency he actually let something slip once he was out of the room rather than keeping it an internal dialogue.

In a low tone that would be the equivalent of a mumble SIP-3 murmured "Thank the maker for Heuristic Processors..."

Finally he could take a good look around the room that they were waiting in. He didn't trust this senator at all. It was clear he was plotting to kill them all, but how to warn the meatbags without giving his facade away. Sadly programming dictated he needed "proof" however flimsy it might be so he took a good look around the room as they were all entering it, but made sure not to stray from the group.

[roll0] Hopefully a decent perception check.

Liliedhe
2009-02-13, 04:35 AM
Brea

She looks up at Kressk and smiles a little at his concern. "I am all right, thank you. But it seems we have to be a lot more careful around the Senator - he has far bigger secrets than we thought."

Which is also the reason why she chooses not to chide Kelso for his play with the recorder.

Ezeze
2009-02-13, 09:30 AM
Tallulah feels her heart beating in her throat, so nervous that she wonders why the sound doesn't give her position away. She holds her breath as she daringly tries to slip past the guard into the Senators room, even submitting to the child's adage that nothing you can't see can see you for the half second she is directly behind the guard and closing her eyes. She realizes too late that no one from the group she came with knows where she went, and hopes against hope that if they notice her missing they are smart enough not to ask where she has gone...

[roll0]

In the event that she gets in and the Senator is saying anything interesting, Tallulah takes the video recorder off of her belt and starts taping best she can without giving herself away.

Gourtox
2009-02-13, 08:10 PM
Kressk

"Yess, he sseemss to be hiding ssomething."He looks at the door they came through before continuing in a whisper. "If thiss comess to a fight and I have a feeling it will you sshould know that the Ssenator is armed." Then raising his voice back to normal he says, "It'ss good to know your okay." He walks back to Karbin's side.

Tichrondrius
2009-02-13, 08:29 PM
"Of course I'm keeping them occupied, I thought that fool Render would send a more impressive force, however. Like the one camped outside the Senate." Tallulah hears the Senator say. "No, they have no idea of my involvement. Do you think me foolish? You work for me, understand?" You heard a long pause, presumably the other side talking. You can't hear the other party.

"Yes, wait till they give into your demands, and then kill the Grand Chancellor."

Ezeze
2009-02-13, 09:14 PM
Tallulah turns off her video recorder, then tries to get back to the others without attracting attention.

(ooc: *holds her breath*)
[roll0]

Tichrondrius
2009-02-16, 01:27 PM
Tallulah gets back to the others just fine.

Ezeze
2009-02-16, 03:13 PM
As soon as she is free of the guards watchful eyes, Tallulah sprints back to the others. She arrives slightly out of breath and slightly panicky. She approaches Brea, figuring the elder and calmer jedi to be the most self possessed of the group, and whispers "can I speak with you a moment?"

If she consents, Tallulah leads her slightly away from the others - but more deliberately away from any staff. After a quick glance around to assure herself no one is eavesdropping [roll0] and a pointed glare at anyone who is, she whispers "The Senator is planning to kill the Grand Chancellor. He's.." She hesitates a second, worried about saying the wrong thing. "Just look" She playbacks the video recording for Brea.

Liliedhe
2009-02-16, 03:43 PM
Brea

The Cerean is slightly surprised, but follows immediately. Her eyes widen as she watches the vid. "I am not surprised."

Gourtox
2009-02-16, 06:06 PM
Kressk

He does one of his usual sweeps to find potential enemies and spots Tallulah and Brea together looking at a video recording. On a whim he decides to walk over there. "What were you watching?" he asks as he arives.
This is after Brea talked

Liliedhe
2009-02-16, 06:28 PM
Brea

"A problem." She motions her Padawan over and asks Tallulah to replay the recording again. "Please no panic - but we have to decide on a course of action quickly."

Ascension
2009-02-16, 06:43 PM
Kelso

Kelso is disturbed by the recording.

"Indeed we must. What would you suggest, Master?"

Liliedhe
2009-02-16, 06:46 PM
Brea

"This proves the Senator is in control of the terrorists - we must convince him to have them stand down. This would be of the highest priority..."

Her voice trails off a little, while she is thinking hard. "He must not regain the initiative in our little game of Dejarik here - or he will turn the tables on us."

Ezeze
2009-02-16, 06:54 PM
Tallulah nods and replays the recording for Kressk and Kelso like Brea asks. Since this is her third time seeing the short video, she spends the time looking over their heads at the others. She breathes deeply as the senator can be heard to say "then kill the Grand Chancellor." She looks from face to face trying to gauge reaction. "Can we arrest him? I could take the others" she nods towards the diplomats "and get on the ship, and get ready to take off, then you could disable his guards and get him on board and..." She trails off.

Tichrondrius
2009-02-16, 08:00 PM
A guard looks in suddenly, "That friend of yours has been gone a long time, maybe one of you should go find him?" Before moving on.

Gamgee
2009-02-17, 08:00 AM
SIP-3

Slowly rolling over to where the others are HAAL-S34 gets a good at the recording. He jumps up a few threat levels to red. While this organic meatbag was proving adept at sneaking and getting useful information there was a good chance that the greater time spent here would result in a higher chance of discovery. They had to act fast if they wanted to have any hope of capturing the senator. When a guard stepped into the room the alert went to the highest level a deep crimson and a small crosshair was put directly in between his eyes. Hall remained silent, but was prepared to draw his weapon if the slightest inclination of combat was given. He would let the meatbags continue this game of deception, although no side was truly deceiving the other.

Ezeze
2009-02-17, 08:27 AM
Tallulah looks around the room, worried now. "Mr Ren still isn't back?" She hands the recorder to Kelso. "I'll go find him. It could be nothing..." She starts towards the door the guard left from, pauses for anyone who wishes to come with her, then sets off down the hall with the guards permission to look for Ren. She tries the bathroom first, knocking gently on the door and saying "Mr Ren?" just loudly enough to be heard inside.

Tichrondrius
2009-02-18, 04:08 PM
There is no immediate response from the bathroom, except for perhaps a slight groan of pain.

Liliedhe
2009-02-19, 06:22 AM
Brea

That the woman just runs off like that makes Brea frown a little, but she doesn't get a chance to say something about it. Right now their situation is very, very dangerous and they have to act quickly... She asks the group to get close to her and speaks in a quiet, unassuming tone, that belies the urgency of her words.

"Listen. The Senator is in control of the terrorists and it will only be moments before he reacts to us knowing. Our duty is to the Senate, so we have to try and use this to our advantage - but I have no right to endanger any of you. So, those who do not want to get involved in further complications should leave now."

Reverent-One
2009-02-19, 12:06 PM
His resolve hardening, Karbin makes his decision. "I will not be leaving. Our mission is to save the Senate, if we do so by dealing with the master of the terrorists himself, so be it. We need to convince him to have them stand down, whether by words or by force." Failure is not an option now, but success will bring great rewards.

Ezeze
2009-02-19, 01:30 PM
"Mr Ren?" Tallulah says again, in a slightly more urgent tone. "You have the others worried, if you don't say anything I'm coming in." Assuming the silence continues, Tallulah pushes the door open slightly to look inside.

Gourtox
2009-02-19, 04:16 PM
Kressk

"I'm sstaying with Karbin. That'ss what I've been paid to do and that'ss what I will do." He smiles and says, "Anyways it's been awhile since my last fight."

Gamgee
2009-02-19, 06:58 PM
SIP-3

The droid comes closer as to listen to what is being said, and he liked what was being said. "Ahhh zis iz a most excellent situvation. I can now begin to dispense ze maximum diplomacy level. Vell, not until I recieve ze comand to proceed of course. Ve do vant zis senator taken down quickly. Who knows maybe ze little senator vill wise up? Either vay I am ready for anything and will remain here. I have to serve my master first and foremost. Default protocol says zat protection is primary."

Ascension
2009-02-19, 08:53 PM
Kelso

"No. We will not solve this situation with violence," Kelso says, glaring at Kressk, "We can't afford to."

Reverent-One
2009-02-19, 11:19 PM
Karbin

"Then we have our work cut out for us. Nabross is willing to kill the Supreme Chancellor to fulfill his goals. That resolve will not make him easy to convince."

Tichrondrius
2009-02-20, 12:00 AM
Tallulah finds Ren in a stall, beaten and a little bloody with no explanation of what has happened to him. It looks like he has been stunned, his weapon lays nearby. He appears to still be on very vestiges of consciousness.

Liliedhe
2009-02-20, 04:41 AM
Brea

"I would prefer to avoid violence, but I do not think that we will be able to. I am also in doubt about the possibility to 'convince' him. But we have no more time to lose."

Ezeze
2009-02-20, 08:32 AM
Tallulah yelps and kneels next to Ren (damn, I have no ranks in Treat Injury.) She practically croons "What happened? Do you think you can stand?"

Levyathyn
2009-02-21, 02:49 PM
Ren

Ren groans and tries vainly to open his eyes. "The senator...I've got to...warn you all..." He says, seconds before passing out.

XD

Ezeze
2009-02-21, 04:59 PM
"Okay... Ummm... Stay here..." Tallulah says, shortly before realizing that she is talking to an unconscious person. She has no medical experience and is no where near strong enough to move Ren back to the others, so she goes to get the others instead. When she gets back to the room she approaches the assembled beings again "Guys? Ren is hurt..."

Gamgee
2009-02-22, 01:47 AM
SIP-3][/COLOR]
All of a sudden the light on the little droids head starts to flash rapidly before slowing down to a normal rate. Finally he speaks up in a regular tone slightly oblivious to those around. "Activating emergency response protocols, stand back. I am vell equipped to assess and stabalize ze injured one. Just show me vere he is and I can get him back up quickly. Protocol dictates after zat I have to commence making ze area around ze wounded one safe. I suggest you make a plan fast. Now show me to him immediately."

The little droid spins around and faces Tallulah impatiently and awaits to be lead the way. Despite the fact that the droid had only waited for a split second he took off immediately heading towards the washroom. Spotting the one known as Ren on the ground in pain he pulls out his medpac and begins to administer treatment.

Wish me luck. Yes I'm bored. [roll0] Treat Injury check for first aid. DC 15. Heals HP equal to lvl+1 for every point the dc is beaten.

Ezeze
2009-02-23, 11:09 AM
Tallulah peers over the droids shoulder as he works. She remarks quietly, to herself and anyone else who followed them back "That guard told us to go look for him... I think he knew how we'd find him - I think this is a threat."

Gamgee
2009-02-24, 04:11 PM
SIP-3

"I have done all zat is possible. Zere isn't much I could really do other than give him some anesthetic. It iz very important he gets to a medical bay immediately. I also have to agree vith your assessment of ze situvation. We have to inform ze other immediately. Here help me lift him ve van bring him to ze others."

SIP-3 starts to lift Ren up from the ground, but his short height prevents him from getting him to his feet. He waits for the one known as Tallulah to help him.

Ezeze
2009-02-24, 04:53 PM
Tallulah helps the robot to move Ren back to the others, being as gentle as she can.

Gourtox
2009-02-24, 05:54 PM
Kressk

He had waited when Tallulah had said Ren needed help even though he would have gladly gone with her. "What iss our plan?" Something needs to be done and done quickly.

Liliedhe
2009-02-24, 06:03 PM
Brea

The Cerean Jedi Master draws herself up to her considerable height. "We were sent here to get the Senator's help in solving the current situation. I suggest we do exactly that. Everybody who does not feel competent for that, or isn't at the moment, should return to the ship. Inform the Senate and the Temple of the new information."

Ascension
2009-02-24, 06:21 PM
Kelso

"And Ren should return to the ship as well. Given the nature of his plans the Senator's men could well become violent. He's suffered enough damage for one day. Right, Master?"

Liliedhe
2009-02-24, 06:30 PM
Brea

She gives her Padawan a slightly strained smile. "I assumed him to be incapable right now, yes."

Tichrondrius
2009-02-24, 07:50 PM
Tallulah and SIP-3 move Ren back to the group safely, and after a bit of discussion, they decide the safest place for him is in the Med Bay of the ship they came on. Tallulah and SIP-3 move Ren in that direction, but are stopped on the way by a guard who notices Ren's condition.

"We should move him to the Med Bay." The Guard tells you, allowing no room for argument. He strong arms you to the Med Bay of the Senator's Ship, and there he leaves a lone doctor to tend to Ren's injuries. Out of the Med Bay, the guard demands, "What happened?" To both Tallulah and SIP-3, looking suspicious.
__________________________________________________ ________

Meanwhile, in the waiting room, remain Jono, Karbin, Kressk, Brea, and Kelso. Jono seems to have gone pale at this newest information and refuses to speak.

Soon after, the Guard Captain enters the waiting room looking very perturbed. He has a small group of guards with him.

"What exactly is this?" He shouts, throwing Kelso's recorder down on the table. "Who sent you? What is your purpose?" He growls.

Ezeze
2009-02-24, 08:09 PM
Tallulah crosses her arms and demands "Why don't you tell us?" She rounds on the guard, shaking her finger in his face "He went to the bathroom, and a while later one of your guards told us to go look for him, and we found him beaten up!" She pushes past him to go into the room with Ren, not trusting any lone doctor furnished by this ship.

Reverent-One
2009-02-26, 01:53 AM
Karbin

Karbin approaches the Guard Captain, staring him down. "What is our purpose? It is what we claimed it was from the beginning, to find out what Senator Nabross knows about the terrorists who have taken hold of the Senate, and to do our best to get to the bottom of this crisis. Which the Senator seems to have little interest in doing, despite what is all at risk." Deciding not to reveal their full knowledge of Nabross's involvment quite yet, Karbin tries uses his considerable force of personality to cow the guard for the present. "Now, our 'purpose' cannot wait any longer, the Senator must answer our questions if he is clear of this business, and you would do well to take us to him now. For if this is not cleared up, you all may be branded as traitors to the Republic, and the Republic's wrath is not something you wish to provoke!"

Intimidation attempt.
[roll0]

Gourtox
2009-02-26, 03:17 PM
Kressk

He follows Karbin over to the Guard Captain and hearing Karbin's words tries to stare down the guard.

Persuasion [roll0] agaisnt a DC of 10 to help Karbin. I'm not sure If he would get a bonus for having an ARMED Trandoshan standing next to him.:smallwink:

Liliedhe
2009-02-27, 03:53 AM
Brea

Somewhat disconcerted at the development of things, Brea slowly moves over, her face carefully expressionless. She picks up the recorder and turns it in her fingers, before looking at the guard.

"We will explain that to the Senator. You will take us to him." Her hand moves in a characteristic way as she fixes the Force on the man's mind, to nudge him in the direction he needs to go.

[roll0]

Tichrondrius
2009-02-27, 04:18 PM
"I have no idea what you mean! My guard was probably just looking out for your crew-mate who got himself beat up somehow. If you are implying it was one of my men who did this-" The guard yelled back, cut off as she went back into the room.

"Don't you walk away from me!" The guard said, following.

"This is a medical bay, keep your voices down!" The Doctor hissed at both of you as you walked in. "I can't work like this." She sighed, checking out Ren.
__________________________________________________ ________

"I, er." The Captain says, obviously a bit unnerved. But his will remains. "No, you listen, Senator Nabross told me to keep you here. He is a decent and honest man and I re... no, you are absolutely right, I will take you to the Senator immediately." The Captain said, making the other guards look more edgy and nervous. One of them might have an itchy trigger finger.

"This way." The Captain spoke, waving his hand for them to follow.

Liliedhe
2009-02-27, 04:35 PM
Brea

She follows regally, but remains wary...

Ezeze
2009-02-27, 07:01 PM
Tallulah adds her glare to the glare of the doctor who told the guard to keep his voice down. With a self satisfied air she slips into a chair close enough to watch Ren - and the doctor.

Gourtox
2009-02-28, 08:06 AM
Kressk

He follows the captain, but keeps aware of his movements.

Reverent-One
2009-02-28, 11:53 PM
Karbin

As it was his intention for them to be led back to the Senator, Karbin follows, trying to banish the worry that this might not end as he hopes.

Tichrondrius
2009-03-01, 01:01 PM
"What is the meaning of this?" Zaine says, with a swcol at the guard. The guard looks apologetic, but Zaine quickly recovers himself and sits back down. "Apologizes for the delay. I trust we can now conclude our business in a timely and orderly manner and get you off my ship..." Senator Nabross says, clearing his throat and glancing at your assembled group. "You're missing two of your group, and a robot?" He mutters, asking really. He knows they won't have had time to watch the video and wishes to remove them before someone gets curious.

Ascension
2009-03-02, 02:30 AM
Kelso

"Master?" Kelso asks, "Would you like to tell the Senator what the meaning of this is?"

Liliedhe
2009-03-02, 05:45 AM
Brea

She steels herself. "Yes, of course, my Padawan."

Her blue eyes fix the Senator. "Senator Zaine Nabross, I hereby arrest you in the Name of the Republic, for treason and aiding and abetting a plot to assassinate the High Chancellor."

All of her senses are alert for the explosion of the bomb she just dropped.

Tichrondrius
2009-03-02, 02:44 PM
And an explosion it is, as you hear the distant sound of one in the back of your mind.

"How dare you-" The Guard Captain begins, but Zaine silences him with a hand.

"Arrest me? Some little mouse has been snooping around without permission... I thought this might happen." Zaine says, standing. "I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request." He informs you, turning to walk to the back of the room. He makes a motion to a few of his guards, which in turn point their weapons at you.

"The Senator writes the checks..." The Guard Captain informs you, and you realize the gathered guards will soon fire on all of you.
__________________________________________________ ____________

"Yeah?" The Guard states near Tallulah, before pointing his gun at her. "Looks like your friends caused a mess. Come with me to the brig."

Roll for Initiative. In the Senator's council room are four normal guards and the guard captain, who isn't attacking. There is also the Senator's retreating form. The combatants are a still shaken Jono Basa, Karbin Osla, Kressk, Brea, and Kelso.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Roll for Initiative. In the Medical Room is the guard and the doctor with Tallulah. HAAL-S34 is still outside. Ren is still on the bed.

[roll2]

Ezeze
2009-03-02, 02:51 PM
Faced with a gun, on a powerful senators ship, in the middle of no where, Tallulah springs into action and heroically screams like a little girl!

[roll0]

Gourtox
2009-03-02, 03:35 PM
Kessk

He isn't shocked that the guards are going to attack him. He had figured there would be a fight.
[roll0]

Liliedhe
2009-03-02, 05:43 PM
Brea

She faces the guards without flinching. "Think about this. You are attacking Republic representatives on behalf of a traitor to the Republic. Proceed with this action and you will share his fate. Do not throw away your careers and your freedom lightly."

Infusing her words with her considerable natural authority, she brings her will and personality to bear on the guards...

Ascension
2009-03-02, 05:49 PM
Kelso

"Jedi will be missed, Senator!" Kelso shouts after the fleeing figure, "You won't get away with this!"

Init: [roll0]

Reverent-One
2009-03-02, 08:41 PM
Karbin

"Listening to the Jedi is the wisest course of action for you all," Karbin advises the armed guards.

Init:
[roll0]

Gamgee
2009-03-03, 11:48 AM
The droid's eye changes from a light calming blue to a deep red. He opens a small frontal hatch and swiftly extracts a carbine and unfolds the stock. He doesn't fire right away though. He waits to see if the meatbags possess any sense in them. Finally he speaks up "My protocol dictates zat I must protect zis crew till my termination. If you do not cease and desist I vill be forced to make you comply."

Initiative [roll0]. He readies an action to fire at the nearest guard to take any hostile actions. Attack [roll1] Damage if it hits [roll2]

Tichrondrius
2009-03-04, 03:24 AM
"Well... here's the thing. If you die here, no one will know." The Guard Captain replied, and they all chuckle a bit.

"Oh... there's always another Jedi Cockroach popping out of the woodwork, Kelso. I'm sure they'll find another one. I should know." Senator Zaine Nabross says, with a last wistful smile, and disappears into a hidden door as it closes behind him.

"Attack!" The Guard Captain shouts, and they all begin to fire. Very slowly. Two of them fire at Brea, trying to take her down first. The other two shoot over at Kressk.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
__________________________________________________ _________

"Yeah, right this way." The Guard says gruffly, pushing Tallulah out into the hall. "Hey, what the hell?" The Guard says, noticing the droid and aims his gun at it, only to get blasted for his trouble. "Ahghh!"

Liliedhe
2009-03-04, 05:50 AM
Brea is hit hard. Her blue eyes blaze. "Fools. Do you really think nobody knows we are here?" Her voice is strangled by pain now.

Extending her hand, she thrusts the Guard Captain back.

[roll0]

Ezeze
2009-03-04, 10:13 PM
If the guard isn't down (hell, who am I kidding? Even if the guard is down) Tallulah will kick him in the shin.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Levyathyn
2009-03-05, 04:35 AM
At the sound of blaster fire, Ren's eyes open and he takes in the trappings of the room. He slips out of bed easily and slides his blaster pistol out. He checks the medical room for anyone who poses a threat and then (depending on whether or not he finds such a threat) keys open the door.

[roll0]

Who's in the damned room with me? :smallconfused: And how many guards need to be mercilessly droid'ed before we can blow this joint?

Ascension
2009-03-06, 01:27 PM
((I'm a bit confused. Could we get a complete initiative order?))