Sacred Heifer
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 3d10+12 (28 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (-1 size, +5 natural), touch 9, flatfooted 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+9
Attack: Gore +5 melee (1d6+2)
Full Attack: Gore +5 melee (1d6+2) and 2 Hooves +0 melee (1d4+1)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: –
Special Qualities: Consecrated udder, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +3
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 3, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +5, Spot +5
Feats: Toughness, Improved Initiative
Environment: Temperate Plains
Organization: Solitary or Herd (2-6)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral Good
Advancement: 4-8 HD (Large), 8-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: +2 (cohort)

Sacred Heifers are the creations of benevolent gods of healing and protection, divine cattle imbued with the healing grace of the deities. The gods do not create very many of the beasts, as they fear they may fall into the wrong hands, and those heifers that do exist are inevitably entrusted to churches and monasteries. However, a rare few bond to a single person of exceptional piety, and follow him as a companion. The milk of Sacred Heifers is of the highest quality, often compared to honey or ambrosia, and is a potent force of healing. Sacred Heifers, though wise, are not vested with terribly much intelligence. They do not speak, though they can understand Common and Celestial. A Sacred Heifer appears to be a perfect, unblemished cow, often pure white, with long horns of brilliant gold.

Consecrated Udder (Su)
As long as the Sacred Heifer is willing or helpless, a creature may milk it. Doing so requires one minute, and produces about a single bottle’s worth of milk. A bottle of milk given by a Sacred Heifer is imbued with divine power, and functions as a potion, with a caster level of 3rd. The milk must be drunk within 1 hour of being milked, or it loses its divine properties. A Sacred Heifer can give only 1d3 such bottles of divine milk each day. Any further milk, while excellent, has no magical abilities. To determine what spell the heifer’s milk emulates, roll 1d10 and consult the following table.

{table]
RollSpell
1Cure Minor Wounds
2Guidance
3Cure Light Wounds
4Endure Elements
5Protection from Evil
6Remove Fear
7Shield of Faith
8Aid
9Cure Moderate Wounds
10Owl’s Wisdom
[/table]

Eighth_Seraph
2006-10-08, 06:44 PM
This would be a good spice of flavor for an Oriental campaign setting, though the one thing that seems wierd is that you have to roll for the spell emulated. The cow is more intelligent than the average animal, though only barely so, so maybe it should be able to choose what spell its milk gives, so long as the milking is of its own free will; if the the cow is held helpless and milked, then rolling would be appropriate in my opinion.

This seems to be a good plothook, I can see a group of adventurers being hired to guard a Heifer in a convoy to a chapel in another town while bandits are trying to steal the cow along the road so they can collect and sell its milk. Good stuff.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-10-09, 09:17 PM
great idea. I really like it. What happened if you refrigerate the milk? Does it still "expire"?

Evil_Pacifist
2006-10-10, 07:11 PM
Everyone knows that cheese is the most powerful element known to mankind, now what happens if you make cheese out of that guys milk?

And me likey. I like cows. They make way better pets then cats and dogs.

The Demented One
2006-10-10, 07:50 PM
great idea. I really like it. What happened if you refrigerate the milk? Does it still "expire"?
Yep.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-10-10, 08:43 PM
Yeah, no overpowered infinete loops! Great monster.