PDA

View Full Version : Huh. I just noticed...

Razaele
2009-01-24, 03:40 AM
Haley's new look is exactly the same as her imaginary personification of the "Sick of all this emo crap and wants to get back to comedy" part of her brain...

Discuss. :smalltongue:

kpenguin
2009-01-24, 03:49 AM
We already have.... multiple times.

Razaele
2009-01-24, 04:17 AM
Oh. Oops. Sorry, not really a big lurker in the forum. :smallredface:

Optimystik
2009-01-24, 09:51 PM
After she boots Celia in the ass she'll be glad to get back to comedy.

No, I have no qualms about creating another potential Celia hate thread.

amuletts
2009-01-24, 10:36 PM
"Sick of all this emo crap and wants to get back to comedy"

That seems entirely appropriate!

[TS] Shadow
2009-01-24, 10:46 PM
I think you're right. Haley IS sick of all this emo crap and wants to get back to comedy. Haley gets more character development and side plots than any other character; she almost steals the show that way. I think both me and her would be happy with just being able to go back to when she didn't have to deal with personal trauma all the time.

The Extinguisher
2009-01-24, 11:14 PM
Me too. I'd love the characters to go back to being one-dimensional cutouts in a world with nothing but nerdy jokes.

Plot and story, who needs that. :smallamused:

Liwen
2009-01-25, 02:02 AM
The win win situation is to have both nerdy jokes and awesome plots at the same time, which Rich has acomplished over the past , what 3, 4 years?

Draz74
2009-01-25, 02:25 AM
As someone who's been reading for 3 1/2 years, though, I assure you -- plot and comedy have always come in "rounds" or waves. It just doesn't seem like it when you go back and read a bunch of strips at once.

The good news is, right now feels a lot like it did back around here, just after the first visit to the Oracle (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0336.html). Which was then followed by an awesome 70-strip cascade of long, drawn-out, aggravating plot threads getting resolved.

So I guess I'm predicting that Roy will be back and the Order will be back in shape within 70 strips. :smalltongue:

Morgan Wick
2009-01-26, 02:47 PM
As someone who's been reading for 3 1/2 years, though, I assure you -- plot and comedy have always come in "rounds" or waves. It just doesn't seem like it when you go back and read a bunch of strips at once.

The good news is, right now feels a lot like it did back around here, just after the first visit to the Oracle (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0336.html). Which was then followed by an awesome 70-strip cascade of long, drawn-out, aggravating plot threads getting resolved.

So I guess I'm predicting that Roy will be back and the Order will be back in shape within 70 strips. :smalltongue:

Or less. We're about 40 strips from the end of the book.