PDA

View Full Version : Grave Robbers 2: Skippy's Revenge Recruitment

LadyMeyers
2009-01-24, 12:09 PM
Grave Robbers From Outer Space: Skippy’s Revenge – The Werewolf Edition

Narrated by: LadyMeyers
Co-Narrated by: Darkcomet

Clara stared at the posters on the wall: The Massacre of the Atomic Three-Headed Space Invaders Part IV; that was a classic. The Rampage of Radioactive Mutants Meets the Sorority of Heathen Cannibals; a little known gem, that was. Oh, awesome, a pre-release promotional poster for The Trail to the Lair of Abyssal Mummies with Peculiar Spacial Powers; what a treat! Only about ten of those were printed, and then production had been cancelled suddenly with no explanation. That had to be worth its weight in gold.

She was in the company of great men. It was actually kind of surprising, the ease with which she’d gotten this internship. She still didn’t know who the director was; as far as she knew, no one had ever seen him. Clara was just too excited to be working with Meyers Production Studios.

Turn back…

Clara shook her head. Was this some game of pick on the newbie? Clara stopped and looked around for a speaker, a microphone, anything to explain the voice. Stop it. It’s not going to work. I’ve worked too hard to get here.

And you’ll regret it… Don’t make the same mistake I made.

I can’t believe I’m having this conversation. What are you talking about?

I got too close to …to … … a doll.

Go away. I’m not listening anymore. You’re just jealous. Without another word, she spun on her heel and walked away.

A quick look around the room told her that no one was here yet.

Miss? I thought I was going to die of boredom waiting for you to arrive. A gleeful cackle of laughter followed the query. After a moment’s confusion, Clara noticed that one of the phone lines seemed to be active. The director must be on the intercom, having noticed her arrival on security cameras or something.

Sorry, sir. I was held up. Won’t happen again.

My dear, relax. My masterpiece needs you!

Clara stared at the phone. She wasn’t going to be reprimanded? This was a first. This really was the non-traditional set it was rumored to be.

Have my special guest stars arrived yet? The director’s excitement was palpable, even through the phone.

Not yet, sir. No one here but me. There was no need to mention the mysterious voice, probably just people playing jokes. What’s so special about them, if you don’t mind my asking?

My girl… What was your name again? Can’t slip anything past you, can I? My stars will take this movie to new heights! They’re … something else, I tell you.

Clara, sir. And what are you talking about? Something was happening here. And she was completely in the dark.

The list, Kiki, the guest list is on the table. Just read it over and let me know when they arrive. I’m not to be disturbed until they arrive. My vision needs to fully form.

She heard a definite click as the phone disconnected. She picked up the single sheet of paper, and her eyes widened in surprise. These were… monsters. Without thinking, she walked over to the closed frosted glass door in the corner, which had to lead to the director’s office. She turned the knob without knocking, spotted the director floating in the corner of the office, and fainted.

Oh bugger, Marco, she’s out cold.

Sir, I told you this wasn’t a good idea. Matthew phased into view, a ghost like the director. He was shaking his head sadly at the unconscious girl on the floor.

Nonsense! She was bound to find out sooner or later. Better that she knows if you ask me.

Whatever, sir.

I can’t wait to see my vision come to life. This time... this time, it'll be perfect. I’m sure things will go off without a hitch.

Matthew just shook his head and sighed. I still wish you’d reconsider using real monsters. You know what happened last time. I mean, you are dead now, you know.

I know, and my vision has never felt so free before. Realism is the ticket!

Welcome to Grave Robbers from Outer Space: Skippy’s Revenge - The Werewolf edition. Prepare for a game full of B-Movie horror goodness (and some of it might actually be funny). Only there’s a catch: this time the monsters are real. Will the actors catch on before it’s too late? Will the creatures eat their way through the cast like an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet? Will the narrator run out of jokes by the end of the third day?

(voice from the audience) Probably!

Hm…excuse me for a moment…

Anyway… as I was saying, welcome. To be a part of this Meyers Family Production, please take a moment to get your affairs in order and your contract will be ready after the 25th. Legal needs that long to prepare all the fine print. And you might want to notify your next of kin for... umm…insurance purposes yeah, that’s the ticket…

Villagers:

Troupe (Masons):
Of all the agencies that you’ve worked through, this one is by far the most comfortable fit. A closer bunch of misfits, you’ve never seen. When your agent called to say that she had a gig for the lot of you, you jumped at the chance to work with your “family.” Scries as Troupe/Mason.

The troupe will be given one of the following roles. The roles mean nothing; they just sound cool. A few of the group just might call in sick.:
Good-looking Handyman
Cowardly Dude
Call Girl
Big Dumb Jock
Nymphomaniac Cheerleader
Prom Queen
Baby Sitter
Parapsychologist
Park Ranger
Store Clerk

Medical Student (Baner):
When your supervisor at the hospital told you that you’d be acting as set doctor for a movie for the next few months, it seemed like the perfect way to spend your medical internship. All the credit for very little work. A hang-nail here, a stubbed toe there. I mean, how much damage could really happen on a controlled movie set? Each night you nominate a player to protect from night kill. Scries as Medical Student/Baner.

Reporter (Seer):
This is too perfect. When you’d first been given this undercover assignment, you’d thought that you were being punished. What kind of story could possibly be found on a movie set? You’re not some paparazzi or sleazy story-chaser. But then you heard about the fiasco that the production studio buried… known only as The Trail to the Lair of Abyssal Mummies with Peculiar Spacial Powers. But no one seems to know what happened to the film… Maybe this wasn’t such a terrible assignment after all. Once per night, your investigation provides you with a single scry action. Scries as Reporter/Seer.

Spoiled Little Rich Girl (Fool):
You know everything there is to know about everyone… After all, everything worth knowing is in the tabloids and on TV. Truth be told, though, you really couldn’t care less about the film itself. So long as you get your fifteen minutes of fame, you’re golden. And you love sharing all the juicy gossip with anyone who’ll listen. Each night, she may make a single scry action with a random result. Scrying the same player multiple times will result in the same result each time. The Seer will always scry as the Fool. Scries as Spoiled Little Rich Girl/Fool.

Survivalist (Sniper):
You own every single possible gun known to man, and then a few that aren’t. When you hand someone cannon fuse and they ask what you could possibly use that for, you reply quite simply, “for my cannon.” You love explosives, and everything associated with them. More than a few people are uncomfortable around you because they think you’re completely crazy. You, on the other hand, insist that you’re just prepared. You bet they’re glad for your arsenal now, huh? Every third night phase, you get a night kill. Scries as Survivalist/Sniper.

Extras (Villagers): Cool! A walk-on part for a real movie! This’ll be great! Hey…is that guy supposed to be gnawing on his own arm?… Each day you point at whom you wish to lynch. Scries as Extra/Villager.

Neutral:

Mortician (Thief):
No set is complete without their very own… mortician? There’s got to be a first time for everything. And hey, look, free stuff! It’s not your fault that all these personal effects are left … lying around… with no one to claim them. But really, you just like … collecting things, and rules of ownership don’t really count with you, unless you are the owner. Once per night you can either attempt to steal an item from a player, or scry any player to see if they are holding an item. Scries as Mortician/Thief

Well-Intentioned Scientist (Voider):
Your job is simple. You create the big bangs, the sinister mist, and the explosive lightning storms for the film. Unfortunately, your special effects tend to use way too much energy. You’ve already caused numerous brown-outs, which inevitably results in actors tripping over their own feet and knocking themselves unconscious. Each night, you get to void the ability of a single player. You will not be told what, if any, ability you voided. Scries as Scientist/Voider.

Hunchback Assistant (Randomizer):
You made this … thing in your sleep last night. And you really don’t want to know what you were dreaming about and what led to its creation. But in the light of day, you study your small little invention. You put a button on it… a shiny glowing blue button. You really want to push it, but you don’t really know what will happen if you do. Once a night, you push the button to a random effect (Seer Scry, Fool Scry, Bane, Kill at 50%, or Void). You are never sure how effective your device is. Scries as Hunchback/Randomizer.

Creatures:

Skippy the Undead Wonder Dog (Alpha):
After the disaster of Skippy’s last film, he went into rehab, like every good celebrity does after a burnout. Months later, Skippy emerged a changed dog. Instead of saving Billy from the evil monster, Skippy was just as likely to decide to eat Billy instead. In fact, Billy looked like he’d taste pretty darn good with hot sauce. Skippy scries as an Extra and gets to choose his team. Woof!

Grave Robber from Outer Space (Devil):
Stupid Earthlings! See how they bury their dead instead of harvesting their parts for science… and soup! It’s time for snacks, and here you’ve found a veritable buffet. But for all your … eccentric tastes in food, you are still a picky eater. You most definitely want to know what you’re eating. After all, who really wants to take a big juicy bite of a roach, or a slug? Once per night, the Grave Robber can make a single scry action. Scries as Grave Robber/Devil.

Cthulhu Cultists (Beast):
Their cultists, and worse, they’re Cthulhu Cultists. They’re fanatical, they’re trying to unmake the world, but for some reason, everyone just wants to be a Cultist. They just can’t seem to help themselves; it’s just so… compelling. If the Cthulhu Cultists are lynched, then the last person to point at them will die alongside them. Scries as Cthulhu Cultists/Beast

Creatures (Wolves): The creatures, the monsters, everything from Dracula to the demonic toys. We’ve got it all, and this time they’re real. Scries as Creatures/Wolves.

Special Effects Cards:

Special Effects Cards work just like items. Every night, a single card will be dealt out and given to a player. These cards can be given to another player but in order for the transfer to be counted, you must send a PM to me.

Each player may only hold one card in their hand at a time. All cards are one time use only. The card effects are:

Poetic license: Change the point of the player of your choice to match yours.

Take Two: Cancels out any special effect card played during the same phase

Canister of Mysterious Goo: 75% night kill

Didn’t See That Coming: Banes a player, and has a 50% chance of killing one of the attacking creatures at random.

It Was Only a Dream: Bane a player during either a day or night phase, but not both.

Death Ray: 100% night kill

Book of the Dead: Scry a player

Editing Room Floor: Voids the special ability of one of the players.

Special Rules:

Days are 48 hours long; nights 24.

Helgraf's scry interference rule is in effect

Autolynch after 2 consecutive missed days

25% majority required for lynch to occur. If the majority is not reached by end of day phase, no lynch takes place.

Player List (31)

{table="head"]Player|Killed On|Role
Aemoh
androgial
banjo1985
dallas-dakota
deathslayer7
Demonking
Dirk Kris
Doseki
dragonprime
Dragoon
Fin
Griever
happyturtle
Helgraf
iceddragons
Jontom Xire
Mordokai
Murska
Mustiado
PhantomFox
Philistine
Selrahc
Shadowcaller
Shishnarfne
SweetLikeLemons
TwoBitWriter
Uncle Festy
Vampiric
Wolfbane
Zaragon
Zar Peter
[/table]

Game will start on February 9th.

If interested in co-narrating, PM me.

Mordokai
2009-01-25, 09:40 AM
Huh. Didn't even notice this one...

I guess I'll join again.

Selrahc
2009-01-25, 09:43 AM
I'll join up.

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-25, 09:59 AM
Sign me up.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-25, 10:25 AM
In with Fin!

Fin
2009-01-25, 11:09 AM
Ooh, I was pre-empted this time! Anyways, you know that I am in...

Yeah I'm bringing it!

Hyozo
2009-01-25, 12:48 PM
I think I'll join this one.

Uncle Festy
2009-01-25, 01:05 PM
In like a mason!

Griever
2009-01-25, 01:06 PM
I'll help radikalskippy with his revenge, sure.

Doseki
2009-01-25, 01:27 PM
IN for this!!

Deathslayer7
2009-01-25, 01:33 PM
down with the TV Tropes!

in.

SweetLikeLemons
2009-01-25, 02:01 PM
It's that time already? Eeeeeeeee! In! So in! I can't wait...

UncleWolf
2009-01-25, 07:27 PM
I'm back from home, and I'm definitely in.

Shadowcaller
2009-01-25, 07:31 PM
Ah, what the heck, I'm in.

Vampiric
2009-01-25, 07:36 PM
In, with Fin's cake! :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-01-25, 09:27 PM
In. Regardless of Fin's absence or presence.

Aemoh
2009-01-26, 12:19 AM
In again, says I :smallcool:

I thoroughly enjoyed the last one :smallbiggrin:

Zar Peter
2009-01-26, 03:52 AM
I'll play!

Helgraf
2009-01-26, 04:42 PM
You know I'm in for this. Night actions on this set are fun!

Shishnarfne
2009-01-26, 05:18 PM
Why not? Hopefully, we don't get wiped out as badly this time...

PhantomFox
2009-01-26, 05:30 PM
I might give this a shot.

Fin
2009-01-26, 06:02 PM
I'm back from home, and I'm definitely in.

Oh No!

*headdesk*

I'm doomed!

happyturtle
2009-01-26, 07:22 PM
In. Because apparently I can't stick to my self-imposed ww limits. >.>

Darkcomet
2009-01-26, 07:32 PM
Such limits are often impossible to keep, really. I find that I die far too quickly in some games to impose a concrete limit.

In as well.

happyturtle
2009-01-26, 07:52 PM
I have yet to survive a werewolf game.

But my theory was that I'd limit myself to four games, and as soon as one game ended, or I died gruesomely, I could join a new one. But this brings me up to five. So I guess my new limit is five.

Tries to resist urge to sign up for UKIII

Darkcomet
2009-01-26, 07:59 PM
Well, my opinion on limits is mostly because coincidences have been cruel to me in the past. I think I died around the same time in Fears 2 (REINHOLDT!) and Animaniacs...

happyturtle
2009-01-26, 08:09 PM
Yeah, but under my system, dying in two games at once just means two slots open up for new games. It's really an elegant system. Except for the part where I can't stick to it.

Uncle Festy
2009-01-26, 08:26 PM
Tries to resist urge to sign up for UKIII

:smallfrown:
But - but - but…

LadyMeyers
2009-01-28, 05:05 PM
The position of co-narrator is still available. PM me if interested.

TwoBitWriter
2009-01-29, 09:13 AM
Count me in! I'm dead in all my other games, except Rockstar.

banjo1985
2009-01-29, 09:18 AM
I'm sure I'll be dead in one game by the time this starts, so I'm in. I had a lot of fun last time with the Cloner. :smalltongue:

Dirk Kris
2009-01-29, 10:11 AM
Lady Meyers, I'd love to play, if you'd have me.
In.

androgial
2009-01-30, 06:09 AM
you know I'm in i had lots of fun on my day 1 lynch last time around

Jontom Xire
2009-01-30, 06:50 AM
Umm, ok.

I suspect I may get overloaded with simultaneous games soon, but anyway...

Cristo Meyers
2009-01-30, 08:44 AM
Because she's not going to remember to do it:

Player List-27

Mordokai
Selrahc
Emperor Demonking
Dallas-Dakota
Fin
Iceddragons
Uncle Festy
Griever
Doseki
deathslayer7
SweetLikeLemons
Wolfbane
Shadowcaller
Vampiric
Murska
Aemoh
Zar Peter
Helgraf
Shishnarfne
PhantomFox
happyturtle
Darkcomet
TwoBitWriter
banjo1985
Dirk Kris
androgial
Jontom Xire

TwoBitWriter
2009-01-30, 08:49 AM
Because she's not going to remember to do it:

Careful, buddy. :smalltongue:

Mustiado
2009-01-30, 01:35 PM
Hey! Maybe I'll sign up to be co-narrator! What do you think, Cristo?! *crazy eyes*

Anyway. I'll play, if we're still recruiting.

LadyMeyers
2009-01-30, 04:57 PM
He always assumes that I forgot, not that the board wasn't cooperating with editing the first post.

Anyway, the player list is now up (take that, Cris! :smalltongue:)

Cristo Meyers
2009-01-30, 05:06 PM
He always assumes that I forgot, not that the board wasn't cooperating with editing the first post.

Anyway, the player list is now up (take that, Cris! :smalltongue:)

...of course, dear...

nevermind that it only came up almost a week after the first post :smalltongue:

LadyMeyers
2009-01-30, 05:30 PM
...of course, dear...

nevermind that it only came up almost a week after the first post :smalltongue:

And how much of that time has seen you in front of the computer planning armies? Or with RL stuff to handle first? :smalltongue:

Anyway, back to my auditions... before the Director has a fit.

LadyMeyers
2009-01-30, 10:04 PM
Added via IM: Zaragon

Dragoon
2009-01-31, 03:19 AM
Well since I had such a fun time last time killing everyone, I hope if I'm on the villagers side that we do better, so definitely in.

DraPrime
2009-01-31, 09:07 AM
Hey, sign me up.

happyturtle
2009-01-31, 09:13 AM
Dragonprime!

*glomps*

Omnomnom!

DraPrime
2009-01-31, 09:29 AM
I'm sure there's a good and funny response to that, but I can't think of it so I'll just say hi.

Hi.

Uncle Festy
2009-01-31, 06:39 PM
Hey, sign me up.

DP! You're back in Structured! Yay! =D

LadyMeyers
2009-02-01, 08:42 PM
The position of co-narrator will be filled by Darkcomet.

Darkcomet
2009-02-01, 08:43 PM
Yes, me. :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2009-02-01, 08:47 PM
Awesome! :biggrin:

Deathslayer7
2009-02-01, 08:52 PM
Please don't revenge kill me! I'm sorry! :smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2009-02-01, 08:55 PM
*checks*

Nope, you're not on the death list.

Deathslayer7
2009-02-01, 08:57 PM
*checks*

Nope, you're not on the death list.

i bet is because you already killed me off in animaniacs night 1. That is it isnt it! :smallmad:

v: drat. foiled again. :smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2009-02-01, 08:58 PM
Night 1?

I was a toon.

Philistine
2009-02-04, 07:19 AM
Is recruiting still open? Because I'd play this game.

Darkcomet
2009-02-04, 07:23 AM
*checks*

Game starts on the 9th. So you're in.

LadyMeyers
2009-02-05, 05:28 PM
Barring any further board shutdowns, recruitment will end on February 7th around noon (GMT-5).

The alpha will be contacted around that time to pick their team, and roll PMs will be sent out on February 8th.

Game starts on February 9th.

Darkcomet
2009-02-05, 06:20 PM
The co-narrator is nervous. He's never done this before. [/thirdperson]

happyturtle
2009-02-05, 07:23 PM
<<
>>

*points at Darkcomet*

*flees*

LadyMeyers
2009-02-07, 05:45 PM
Recruitment is closed. Roll PMs will be going out to players tomorrow. Check your PM box.

LadyMeyers
2009-02-08, 04:45 PM
Roll PMs have been sent. If you did not receive one, PM me.