PDA

View Full Version : [Please Delete/Ignore]

Lappy9000
2009-01-24, 06:04 PM
Blah man, blah. :smallsigh:

UserClone
2009-01-24, 06:09 PM
Meh. Waste of a thread. Reads like a cheap copy of Kurald Galain, who at least has the decency to be funny.

Starbuck_II
2009-01-24, 06:23 PM
I liked it if it was Satire.
If it was serious may Thri-keens have mercy on you.

Alleine
2009-01-24, 06:26 PM
Meh. Waste of a thread. Reads like a cheap copy of Kurald Galain, who at least has the decency to be funny.

Harsh much?

Very cheesy sounding, what with the DM's going 'NOOOOO!'
It made me smile :smallsmile:

MCerberus
2009-01-24, 06:28 PM
I found it an interesting satire on some awful feats, and the part about using "deadly poison" in a 3.5 setting made me chuckle.

Although to defend dodge it is one of the two feats that start a fairly decent chain.

Curmudgeon
2009-01-24, 06:53 PM
Although to defend dodge it is one of the two feats that start a fairly decent chain. The best defense of Dodge is that there are several alternative choices that satisfy those feat chain requirements as well. :smallamused:

MisterSaturnine
2009-01-24, 06:57 PM
My god. I could use Toughness and Dodge to make a Wizard into a tank, and Weapon Focus to make up for the low BAB.

Wizards on par with Fighters. Finally.

Siosilvar
2009-01-24, 06:58 PM
The best defense of Dodge is that there are several alternative choices that satisfy those feat chain requirements as well. :smallamused:

Dodge already gives you a +1 to your first line of defense.

Flickerdart
2009-01-24, 07:03 PM
Tut tut, OP. For all your claimed mastery of feats that are ridiculously overpowered, you have neglected the most powerful of them all, the dreaded Endurance! I demand you rectify this immediately, or the unwashed masses shall persist in their ignorance!

Magnor Criol
2009-01-24, 07:04 PM
You win again, my good man, you win again.

I'll have to show this to our group's regular DM, he'll laugh his head off. Weapon Focus actually DID let our fighter get that one extra point of attack bonus needed to hit the arc's villain, landing the killing blow - when the mini-arc wasn't supposed to end for another session or two. =p

MCerberus
2009-01-24, 07:11 PM
Tut tut, OP. For all your claimed mastery of feats that are ridiculously overpowered, you have neglected the most powerful of them all, the dreaded Endurance! I demand you rectify this immediately, or the unwashed masses shall persist in their ignorance!

Shh they'll figure out just how GAME BREAKING the +2 skill boosting feats are for all classes.

Siosilvar
2009-01-24, 07:42 PM
Shh they'll figure out just how GAME BREAKING the +2 skill boosting feats are for all classes.

Or how completely amazing Run is. After all, nothing could be better than moving 25% faster in a straight line.

DM: No....NOOOOO!!! My plan to trap you has failed!

Oh, OP, Documentary has an "a".

Prometheus
2009-01-24, 08:15 PM
"Broken Feats: A Documentary of Chilling Proportions"
I thought for certain it was going to be about frost-bite in the foot!

MammonAzrael
2009-01-24, 08:18 PM
I...I had no idea. :smalleek:

Thank the gods for you, sir. Never again shall caught unawares by these infernal designs.

May your expeditions into this most dangerous territory not leave you a scarred and bitter husk as you attempt to enlighten the world or these dangers hiding in our midst.

Llama231
2009-01-24, 08:20 PM
Is this...sarcastic?:smallconfused:
There seems to be a blatant lack of Power Attack here.

Uncle Festy
2009-01-24, 09:29 PM
Thank you, kind sir. The fog has cleared from my eyes. At last, I see the truth. And it is…*beautiful. Truly beautiful. Oh how I wish you all could see what I see now!

Paul H
2009-01-24, 09:44 PM
Hi

Feats - Hah! (Tongue in cheek.........)

It's spells you want to be wary of........

Protection from Evil - [+2 AC, +2 Saves, Immunity to mind controlling effects] vs Evil creatures. 1st Level spell!

LOL

Cheers
Paul H
(I play spellcasters)

Flickerdart
2009-01-24, 09:47 PM
Hi

Feats - Hah! (Tongue in cheek.........)

It's spells you want to be wary of........

Protection from Evil - [+2 AC, +2 Saves, Immunity to mind controlling effects] vs Evil creatures. 1st Level spell!

LOL

Cheers
Paul H
(I play spellcasters)
Except the protection from mind-affecting is blanket, only +2 AC and Saves is from Evil. So it's an incredible spell.

Tengu_temp
2009-01-24, 10:11 PM
Quite amusing, but it'd be better if it was less obvious this is a parody.

Animefunkmaster
2009-01-24, 10:59 PM
I was a little worried until I read the following regarding toughness.

said wizard could become as powerful as any fully-optimized monk!

Then I lol'ed a mighty lol.

Nohwl
2009-01-24, 11:06 PM
i think the wizard would be more powerful than the monk.

Juhn
2009-01-24, 11:13 PM
i think the wizard would be more powerful than the monk.

Yes, I believe that was the joke.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-01-24, 11:23 PM
And lo, came the wisdom of ages to the newest generation of innocents subjected to such as were presented here...

Don't Feed The Trolls

Seriously man, epic phail. Humor was over the top, forced, trite, and not funny. References to heated topics (wiz vs monk) was not only too blatantly obvious, but just begging someone with a less functioning Scarcasm Detector to bring up Old Baggage.

On a scale of 1 to 5, this rates a -7

The Glyphstone
2009-01-24, 11:27 PM
Worth a laugh or two, but too short to get more than that. Maybe a sequel hunting out all the most borken feats not just in Core, but other official sources as well?

aje8
2009-01-24, 11:40 PM
Epic Win.

Great Satire, a little short, but still very good.

+1 on the sequel.

kamikasei
2009-01-24, 11:44 PM
Tone is too overwrought.

Inyssius Tor
2009-01-25, 02:19 AM
Can you put it back for a second so I can save a copy? I liked it. No idea why everyone else is being such utter *****.