PDA

View Full Version : Europe in the Playground!

afroakuma
2009-01-24, 06:39 PM
I got requests on this one, so here we go!

Now, I couldn't find a map of Europe by province, so if anyone has one please let me know. In the meantime, we'll have to go by nation.

The Map of Europe

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq194/afroakuma/euro3.png

Ashtar
2009-01-24, 08:33 PM
For Switzerland, you can find a canton map here: http://www.allpark.ch/img/carte/carteSuisse.gif

I'm in the canton of Zurich marked ZH on the map.

TheBST
2009-01-24, 08:36 PM
Northwest of England.

So, does Russia count as Europe for the purpose of this thread?

afroakuma
2009-01-24, 08:37 PM
I'm not qualified to answer that, being Canadian. I'll leave that to the discretion of the actual Europeans as well as any Russians who wander by.

TheBST
2009-01-24, 08:47 PM
Might as well since it's on the map and the western part is the most populated. I doubt we have any Siberian forum goers.

Jimp
2009-01-24, 10:07 PM
Republic of Ireland.
There are a few Russian forum users, but I don't know if they are living in Russia or not.

VistaniMistress
2009-01-24, 11:11 PM
According to Jules Verne, Russia is the European part, Siberia is the Asian part, and Alaska is the American part.

I've heard Alaska is no longer Russian territory, But the Russia/Siberia divide should still be a part of it, right?

skywalker
2009-01-24, 11:59 PM
I'm not qualified to answer that, being Canadian. I'll leave that to the discretion of the actual Europeans as well as any Russians who wander by.

Your words seem to indicate that you don't think Russia is part of Europe, since apparently, you don't classify Russians as Europeans.

afroakuma
2009-01-25, 12:31 AM
Your words seem to indicate that you don't think Russia is part of Europe, since apparently, you don't classify Russians as Europeans.

Wasn't intended to come off that way; more as: As a Canadian, I don't feel that it should be my place to decide for the Europeans of the board where they consider their boundaries to lie, thereby I ask their opinion. For those people from the county of Russia, I ask whether they consider themselves to be a part of Europe. I myself make no judgments either way.

Checkmate
2009-01-25, 02:15 AM
Purely geographical I would think that it would look nicer, more symmetrical and all of that, if Russia didn't belong to Europe, it is just too big and all maps that would be made would have to include Russia as a whole which would make it almost impossible to make a full clear map of Europe in which all the small countries can still be portrayed nicely. However, the question isn't really answerable only geographically because there are politics involved and if the Russians want to be a part of Europe, why not let them.

I'm from the Western parts of the Netherlands by the way.:smallamused:

UnChosenOne
2009-01-25, 03:26 AM
I'm from a Northern Ostrobothnia in a Kekoslovakia Finland.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-25, 03:30 AM
Purely geographical I would think that it would look nicer, more symmetrical and all of that, if Russia didn't belong to Europe, it is just too big and all maps that would be made would have to include Russia as a whole which would make it almost impossible to make a full clear map of Europe in which all the small countries can still be portrayed nicely. However, the question isn't really answerable only geographically because there are politics involved and if the Russians want to be a part of Europe, why not let them.

Gooo to the next meet-up! You know you want to.
And I'm from Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands.(I'm just a bit south-east of Rotterdam)

Innis Cabal
2009-01-25, 03:52 AM
I've heard Alaska is no longer Russian territory, But the Russia/Siberia divide should still be a part of it, right?

Not sure where your from, but its been part of of America since January 3, 1959, 50 years and 22 days.

Dihan
2009-01-25, 04:21 AM
I'm from North Eastern Wales.

Spiryt
2009-01-25, 04:47 AM
This is outrrrageous!

Canada and USA gets their own threads, but whole continent gets only one thread?

Yes, without Russia theritories, it's smaller than USA, why?:smallbiggrin:

But anyway: Poland, around 49°40'N 21°40E

Phaedra
2009-01-25, 06:03 AM
English Midlands for me.

Might as well include Russia, since I presume we're going by geography and not inclusion in the European Union. It fits as well in Europe as anywhere else.

Edge
2009-01-25, 06:13 AM
North West England for me, not far from Manchester.

As for Russia, include it. It counts for Eurovision (but then again, so does Israel... which still mystifies me).

Lord Herman
2009-01-25, 06:27 AM
I'm from Overijssel, the Netherlands.

Narmoth
2009-01-25, 06:52 AM
Northwest of England.

So, does Russia count as Europe for the purpose of this thread?

Russia has an European and Asian part.
Historically, Russia has closer ties to Europe than Asia, both politically (with the exception of being conquered by the Mongolian empire in the 13th century), ethnically, being of Slavic descent like the inhabitants of the rest of east Europe (Poland, Serbia, Czech Republic, Slovakia and so on), and religiously, being historically mainly Christian (Orthodox, like Greece and Serbia)

According to Jules Verne, Russia is the European part, Siberia is the Asian part, and Alaska is the American part.

Alaska was sold to US in 1867.
Siberia is a geographical area in Asia
Russia, or the Federation Republic of Russia, is a political entity consisting of an Asian and an European part. The capitol, Moscow, and most of the population live in the European part

You know, they divided up Africa with drawing nice lines thinking how things would look nice on the map. We know all how well that went.
Purely geographically, you have the continent Eurasia, which consist of most of Europe and most of Asia, and the parts of the world, Europe and Asia, with the division line being the Ural mountains in Russia

North West England for me, not far from Manchester.

As for Russia, include it. It counts for Eurovision (but then again, so does Israel... which still mystifies me).

Because of European heritage, and the fact that there aren't any middle eastern version of Eurovision

Checkmate
2009-01-25, 07:04 AM
You know, they divided up Africa with drawing nice lines thinking how things would look nice on the map. We know all how well that went.
Purely geographically, you have the continent Eurasia, which consist of most of Europe and most of Asia, and the parts of the world, Europe and Asia, with the division line being the Ural mountains in Russia

I knowl, that is why I said "purely geographically", because I know you can't just draw lines between pieces of lands without large political and social effects. My comment was just one of esthetics.

Fredthefighter
2009-01-25, 08:05 AM
I live roughly 30mins from Birmingham, England.

VistaniMistress
2009-01-25, 08:10 AM
I live within a hundred miles of Oberhausen myself.

Mx.Silver
2009-01-25, 09:02 AM
Chalk one more up for Great Britain.

I'm from North Eastern Wales.

Which town specifically? I lived in North Wales for about 9 years so I might know it (and that's not common, as I've found out).

As for my location, for most of year I'm in Nottingham, else I kind of hover around Chester.

Om
2009-01-25, 09:34 AM
Ireland

I knowl, that is why I said "purely geographically", because I know you can't just draw lines between pieces of lands without large political and social effects. My comment was just one of esthetics.Geographically =/= aesthetically pleasing

You might not think Russia looks great on the map (although I wonder what Russians think of that!) but in terms of geography Europe, ie the western peninsula of the Eurasian continent, is traditionally bordered by the Urals in the east

Historically, Russia has closer ties to Europe than Asia...Actually there's an interesting discussion right there. Historically Russia's geopolitical orientation has varied considerably throughout the centuries depending on who was ruling (or invading!) her at the time. Which has led in part to crude and derogatory Western stereotypes, unfortunately some of which continue to persist, as to Russia's "Asiatic character"

But, yes. Today by all reasonable measures, geographic or otherwise, Russia is a European nation

Adumbration
2009-01-25, 09:39 AM
Toss me in somewhere near the southern coast of Finland.

Narmoth
2009-01-25, 12:01 PM
You might not think Russia looks great on the map (although I wonder what Russians think of that!)

We think it looks awesome. It's so big....

Actually there's an interesting discussion right there. Historically Russia's geopolitical orientation has varied considerably throughout the centuries depending on who was ruling (or invading!) her at the time. Which has led in part to crude and derogatory Western stereotypes, unfortunately some of which continue to persist, as to Russia's "Asiatic character"

I have to disagree with you:

A quick (and therefore definitely incorrect) history of Russia:

7th century - the Slavic key territories are settled. Most of the people are farmers, living in villages, but some cities start to emerge on the rivers, including Kiev and Novgorod
860 - Rurek, a swedish viking chieftain is elected kniaz (warlord) of Novgorod. After his death, his next in command, Oleg (Helge in norse) conquers Kiev and the land between Novgorod and Kiev in the name of Rureks son Igor (Ingvar in norse), making him kniaz (king) of Kiev and the conquered realm, and getting him elected as kniaz (warlord) in Novgorod. Oleg conquers Constantinople (todays Istanbul, and then capitol of the eastern roman empire)
9th century - the descendants of Igor conquers the territories corresponding more or less to todays Belarus, Ukraine and western Russia (central Russia being also in Europe), founding Kievan Rus, with themselves bearing the title Great Kniaz of the whole Rus
10th century - the grandson of Igor, Vladimir the Great, christens Kievan Rus, following the christian tradition practiced in Constantinople. He is followed by his son Yaroslav the Wise, whos daughters married kings in western Europe (amongst them the king of Spain)
11th century - the Kievan Rus is constantly harassed by invading nomads from the east, and the many descendants of the Great Kniaz, all themselves being kniaz in their own town or fief, are unable to unite and defend Kievan Rus until being united by Vladimir Monomah, who later becomes Great Kniaz.
Many monasteries are build, being the centres of culture in Kievan Rus. A lot of the commoners are able to read and write.
The great schism, the divition between Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity, is brought about because of leadership dispute between the pope in Rome and the eucumenial patriarch in Constantinople (their place in their respective church are equal), separated Kievan Rus from western Europe, leaving only the Balkan and Caucasian kingdoms in the same faith.
13th century - Kievan Rus is invaded by the mongols in a series of invasions which lead to the plundering of Kiev and many other cities. The kniazes all swear fealty to the invading khans, paying tribute to him and being obliged to get his approval to inherit their fief.
Many kniazes marry daughters of mongolian warlords, but they require their wives to convert to christianity and marry them in orthodox church. This is the dark age of Kievan Rus / Russia
14th century - power is assembled in the small fief of Moscow, which start expanding
1380 - the kniaz of Moscow, Dmitrij of Don, leads the forces of several allied kniazes in the battle fo Kulikovo and defeats the Mongols. This puts the fief of Moscow in the lead to inherit the capitor position lost by Kiev
1547 - Ivan the 4th, more commonly known as Ivan the Terrible, pronounce himself as tzar of Russia, because kniaz was translated as prince in Europe, but Tzar would be translated as emperor, thereby increasing the prestige of the Russian throne. Ivan, being a paranoid and cruel man killed anyone that he suspected would try to become tzar in stead of the tzar, and thus died without anyone to take his place, ending the royal line of Rurek.
In the end of the 16th century, russian explorers had crossed the Ural-mountains, and there were several Russian settlements i Asia
The end of the 16th and start of the 17th century was a time of political instability in Russia, with invasions by Polish troops, claim to the throne by several frauds and loss of territory.
1682 - Peter the Great becomes Tzar. He wages wars to reclaim the territories once held by Kievan Russia or later by the Moscowian Rus (and then conquers a bit of Karelia from Finland as well). He desides Russia needs a makeover to make it more up to date with western Europe and enforces change, making imperial Russia and the upper class life to conform to western Europe. The lower classes still live more after medieval traditions, and the peasants are still bondsmen. The army is modernized to the latest of western military ideas.
1825 - December Revolt to free the peasants from serfdom is incited by Russian high nobility (including several kniazes, the highest title of Russian nobility) and officers. It fails miserably
1861 - Serfdom abolished in Russia. Now Russia politically resembles any other western European country.
1918 - Russian Revolution

(damn, it's quite long)

Eldan
2009-01-25, 12:11 PM
Switzerland here. Technically canton of St. Gallen, but I pretty much spend my entire time in Zurich, studying, work and all.

Morty
2009-01-25, 12:53 PM
Southeastern Poland here. Voievodeship Podkarpackie, to be precise. And it's Central Europe, not Eastern Eurpoe! *shakes fist*

VistaniMistress
2009-01-25, 01:05 PM
Southeastern Poland here. Voievodeship Podkarpackie, to be precise. And it's Central Europe, not Eastern Eurpoe! *shakes fist*

If the Netherlands, Belgium, and France are central, surely Poland must be the east?

Morty
2009-01-25, 01:13 PM
If the Netherlands, Belgium, and France are central, surely Poland must be the east?

I was mostly joking. But if we were to debate it seriously, it depends on the way you look at it. From the geographic point of view, there are several places claimed to be central points of Europe, only one of which is west from Poland, and others are not far east. So Poland would be Central Europe in such case. In the historical sense though, Poland is Eastern Europe due to being under Soviet influence in 20th century.

VistaniMistress
2009-01-25, 01:25 PM
I was mostly joking. But if we were to debate it seriously, it depends on the way you look at it. From the geographic point of view, there are several places claimed to be central points of Europe, only one of which is west from Poland, and others are not far east. So Poland would be Central Europe in such case. In the historical sense though, Poland is Eastern Europe due to being under Soviet influence in 20th century.

Well, time-wise, even Spain is Central Europe, you know.

Morty
2009-01-25, 01:52 PM
Well, time-wise, even Spain is Central Europe, you know.

What do you mean, time-wise?

Fredthefighter
2009-01-25, 01:55 PM
What do you mean, time-wise?

I think she means GMT time wise, like how England is GMT +0.

Om
2009-01-25, 01:55 PM
I have to disagree with you:

A quick (and therefore definitely incorrect) history of Russia:

7th century - the Slavic key territories are settled. Most of the people are farmers, living in villages, but some cities start to emerge on the rivers, including Kiev and Novgorod
860 - Rurek, a swedish viking chieftain is elected kniaz (warlord) of Novgorod. After his death, his next in command, Oleg (Helge in norse) conquers Kiev and the land between Novgorod and Kiev in the name of Rureks son Igor (Ingvar in norse), making him kniaz (king) of Kiev and the conquered realm, and getting him elected as kniaz (warlord) in Novgorod. Oleg conquers Constantinople (todays Istanbul, and then capitol of the eastern roman empire)
9th century - the descendants of Igor conquers the territories corresponding more or less to todays Belarus, Ukraine and western Russia (central Russia being also in Europe), founding Kievan Rus, with themselves bearing the title Great Kniaz of the whole Rus
10th century - the grandson of Igor, Vladimir the Great, christens Kievan Rus, following the christian tradition practiced in Constantinople. He is followed by his son Yaroslav the Wise, whos daughters married kings in western Europe (amongst them the king of Spain)
11th century - the Kievan Rus is constantly harassed by invading nomads from the east, and the many descendants of the Great Kniaz, all themselves being kniaz in their own town or fief, are unable to unite and defend Kievan Rus until being united by Vladimir Monomah, who later becomes Great Kniaz.
Many monasteries are build, being the centres of culture in Kievan Rus. A lot of the commoners are able to read and write.
The great schism, the divition between Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity, is brought about because of leadership dispute between the pope in Rome and the eucumenial patriarch in Constantinople (their place in their respective church are equal), separated Kievan Rus from western Europe, leaving only the Balkan and Caucasian kingdoms in the same faith.
13th century - Kievan Rus is invaded by the mongols in a series of invasions which lead to the plundering of Kiev and many other cities. The kniazes all swear fealty to the invading khans, paying tribute to him and being obliged to get his approval to inherit their fief.
Many kniazes marry daughters of mongolian warlords, but they require their wives to convert to christianity and marry them in orthodox church. This is the dark age of Kievan Rus / Russia
14th century - power is assembled in the small fief of Moscow, which start expanding
1380 - the kniaz of Moscow, Dmitrij of Don, leads the forces of several allied kniazes in the battle fo Kulikovo and defeats the Mongols. This puts the fief of Moscow in the lead to inherit the capitor position lost by Kiev
1547 - Ivan the 4th, more commonly known as Ivan the Terrible, pronounce himself as tzar of Russia, because kniaz was translated as prince in Europe, but Tzar would be translated as emperor, thereby increasing the prestige of the Russian throne. Ivan, being a paranoid and cruel man killed anyone that he suspected would try to become tzar in stead of the tzar, and thus died without anyone to take his place, ending the royal line of Rurek.
In the end of the 16th century, russian explorers had crossed the Ural-mountains, and there were several Russian settlements i Asia
The end of the 16th and start of the 17th century was a time of political instability in Russia, with invasions by Polish troops, claim to the throne by several frauds and loss of territory.
1682 - Peter the Great becomes Tzar. He wages wars to reclaim the territories once held by Kievan Russia or later by the Moscowian Rus (and then conquers a bit of Karelia from Finland as well). He desides Russia needs a makeover to make it more up to date with western Europe and enforces change, making imperial Russia and the upper class life to conform to western Europe. The lower classes still live more after medieval traditions, and the peasants are still bondsmen. The army is modernized to the latest of western military ideas.
1825 - December Revolt to free the peasants from serfdom is incited by Russian high nobility (including several kniazes, the highest title of Russian nobility) and officers. It fails miserably
1861 - Serfdom abolished in Russia. Now Russia politically resembles any other western European country.
1918 - Russian Revolution

(damn, it's quite long)As I said, its an interesting discussion. Certainly there has been strong 'Asiatic' influences on Russia - from the various Mongol horses right up to the 19th C expansion into Central Asia - and some rulers - Nicholas II springs to mind - have readily embraced this as an alternative to slavishly copying European fashions. I think you have to place the modernisation/Westernisation campaigns of both Peter the Great and the Bolsheviks in that context. That for every reformer who looked west, there was a reactionary looking east

And looking at things from a purely Western European perspective, there are long periods of time (which can only really be said to end completely in 1815) where Russia just wasn't a factor in European politics/history; or was at least no more than a peripheral actor. Although I'm sure the Poles would disagree with that assessment :smallsmile:

Well, time-wise, even Spain is Central Europe, you know.Time zones aren't the best judge of European regions. If they were then Ireland, Britain, and Portugal are all that comprise 'Western Europe' :smallwink:

Edit: To clarify: not all countries with Central European Time are in Central Europe

Thiel
2009-01-25, 02:53 PM
I'm from Aalborg, Denmark.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2009-01-25, 03:03 PM
East Sussex, England ftw!

Also, whether Russia counts as Europe or not is definitely up for debate. I'd say western Russia was a part of Europe, and the rest of it is Asia, but that's just geographical terms.

afroakuma
2009-01-25, 11:07 PM
Map is lit.

Narmoth
2009-01-26, 02:31 AM
sign me up for Russia then

Cobra_Ikari
2009-01-26, 02:44 AM
...even though your location says Norway? :smallconfused:

And Europe includes Russia west of the Urals, just like it includes half of several of the Caucasus nations and a little bit of Turkey. >.>

Jimp
2009-01-27, 02:29 PM
Hah that glowing map is awesome. A little more uplifting then pins on a map :smallbiggrin:

Narmoth
2009-01-27, 02:42 PM
...even though your location says Norway? :smallconfused:

Born in Russia, living in Norway

vegetalss4
2009-01-27, 02:42 PM
I'm from Denmark, Taastrup rather close to Copenhagen

Thiel
2009-01-27, 03:28 PM
Woot, thats two Danes so far.

Word.Smuggler
2009-01-27, 03:51 PM
Well, the Mediterranean side looks pretty, uh, unlit. How about adding one to Italy? :smallsmile:

Jonesh
2009-01-27, 06:53 PM
Got to represent, Sweden here. At the southern tip known as Scania or Skåne.

afroakuma
2009-01-27, 07:43 PM
Hah that glowing map is awesome. A little more uplifting then pins on a map :smallbiggrin:

Glad you enjoy.

I'll be updating it shortly.

idemies
2009-01-30, 07:08 AM
Espoo, Finland reporting for duty SIR!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-30, 07:11 AM
I'm Da Rogue still lives in Athens, Greece, as far as I know.

banjo1985
2009-01-30, 07:43 AM
Put myself and Mrs Banjo down for the UK Midlands, which are actually a bit more south and west than the name would suggest. :smalltongue:

Zar Peter
2009-01-30, 07:55 AM
Vienna, Austria.

Winterwind
2009-01-30, 08:38 AM
Are we going by place of birth, or place of residence?

If the former, it's Poland for me, Wroclaw to be precise.

If the latter, it's Germany, more precisely Gilching (small town in Bavaria, some 20 km western of Munich)

afroakuma
2009-01-30, 08:44 AM
Place of residence.

Map to be updated shortly.

charl
2009-01-30, 09:23 AM
Uppsala, the best city in all of Sweden!

Originally from Stockholm though, but the two cities are really, really close by Swedish standards, so it wasn't much of a move. In fact it seems half this city is made up of Stockholmian expatriates.

In fact, I'm surprised there aren't more Swedes here. I know there are a few, but the Swedish roleplaying community is proportionally huge for such a small nation. The amount of domestic games available, and their popularity, is quite astounding really.

Incidentally, any Swedes up for a PBP Mutant Undergångens Arvtagare game, or perhaps some Neotech or Drakar och Demoner Trudvang? :smallbiggrin:

Joey/Flake
2009-01-30, 09:43 AM
Kent, UK Here.

'The Garden of England' Or the gate way..I live so close to France it's just not funny. Dover if you want to be really on the dot, and there are lots of us here.

I love Dant's some of the best Gamers I've meet have Been Dant's.

Lissou
2009-01-30, 10:29 AM
You can sign me up for France (Paris).

I don't think you'll find a map of Europe that has all... sections, let's say, for every country. Every county has it's type of section, regions, districts and so on that have different names depending on the country, and they're usually shown only on maps of that one country.

However, most European countries... Scratch that, ALL European countries are smaller than your average state/province. (If you only include the part of Russia that's in Europe. Yes, I realise Russia is the biggest country in the world).

Anyway, what I mean is, that map should serve its purpose.
Ragabash is my husband and lives in the same place, if the number of forumites in a country matters.

Thiel
2009-01-30, 06:52 PM
However, most European countries... Scratch that, ALL European countries are smaller than your average state/province. (If you only include the part of Russia that's in Europe. Yes, I realise Russia is the biggest country in the world).

And yet we manage to squeeze in about three times as many people.

VistaniMistress
2009-01-30, 07:09 PM

The USA has more land area than the entirety of Europe as well.

Even if some large-ish countries that have been proposed in the past/are currently proposed would happen (Like a unified empire of all Deutsche lands, which would theoretically cover most of Europe, or the USE some people would like.)

charl
2009-01-30, 07:15 PM
And yet we manage to squeeze in about three times as many people.

Well, in areas anyway. You have to admit that Scandinavia is very scarcely populated in average (Sweden for example is about the same size as California but has less people total than the Los Angeles metropolitan area). On the other hand we have places like the Netherlands with a huge amount of people per square mile.

But then again, Europe has had literally two thousand years more time to get heavily populated compared to the USA. So... you know, whatever. Europe rocks!

afroakuma
2009-01-30, 11:45 PM
Map's lit up to Lissou.

Egiam
2009-01-31, 12:08 AM
Not sure where your from, but its been part of of America since January 3, 1959, 50 years and 22 days.

Ugh. I live in AK. You have no idea how accurate The Simpsons Movie was. Its painful. I can't complain though; the scenery, skiing (yes, that is how it is spelled) and Moosey's counterbalance.

Also, there has been a lot of huge (alaska scale) banquets, political meetings, and festivals regarding the 50th anniversary. :smallsmile:

Zaggab
2009-01-31, 10:22 AM
Another Swede here, this one from Umeå in Northern Sweden.

Narkis
2009-01-31, 02:38 PM
I'm living in Ioannina, in Northwestern Greece.

afroakuma
2009-01-31, 03:32 PM
Excellent! The north is still winning, though. C'mon, folks! I know you're out there!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-31, 03:35 PM
I'm living in Ioannina, in Northwestern Greece.
Awesome, the second Greek around here!

Whut? No I'm not Greek. To be one would be pretty awesome, not to mention the greek/geek thingy...Probably overused though...
I'm dutch...

Bayar
2009-01-31, 03:48 PM
Romania, SE, near the Black Sea.

Castaras
2009-01-31, 04:40 PM
Cambridge. East Anglia. Britannia.

Astrella
2009-01-31, 04:44 PM
I'm from Belgium, Vlaams-Brabant, a small village called Kortenaken, but I study in Leuven.

VistaniMistress
2009-01-31, 05:23 PM
Noviomagus, Gallia Belgica

Winterwind
2009-01-31, 06:02 PM
Is it deliberate that Corsica does not light up as part of France, nor Sardinia and Sicily as parts of Italy?

afroakuma
2009-01-31, 06:09 PM
Tsk. No, it is not. Cyprus is deliberate.

charl
2009-01-31, 06:20 PM
Tsk. No, it is not. Cyprus is deliberate.

Cyprus isn't on the map. I think you may be referring to Crete, in which case it should light up with Greece.

EDIT: Actually, there are some more oddities. Northern Island doesn't light up with the rest of the UK, neither does the Shetlands, and Bornholm doesn't light up with Denmark.

faerwain
2009-01-31, 06:35 PM
State of Vatican.

What?? It looks so lonely and unlit. Okay, it's South Germany, not very far from Stuttgart. Still, Roleplaying Archbishops would be awesome.

charl
2009-01-31, 06:39 PM
State of Vatican.

What?? It looks so lonely and unlit. Okay, it's South Germany, not very far from Stuttgart. Still, Roleplaying Archbishops would be awesome.

"I wanna play the cleric!" :smallbiggrin:

afroakuma
2009-01-31, 06:41 PM
Cyprus isn't on the map. I think you may be referring to Crete, in which case it should light up with Greece.

N'hhhhhhh. Shall fix.

EDIT: Actually, there are some more oddities. Northern Island doesn't light up with the rest of the UK

Ah. Fixed.

neither does the Shetlands

Secretive little islands. Found and fixed.

and Bornholm doesn't light up with Denmark.

I'll go hunting.

EDIT: Fixed. Will repost.

Milanius
2009-01-31, 07:45 PM
screw it, no one can find us

Seonor
2009-02-01, 03:01 AM
Germany, part time Stuttgart, part time Freiburg.

amuletts
2009-02-01, 08:43 AM
Oxford, UK.

faerwain
2009-02-01, 08:58 AM
Germany, part time Stuttgart, part time Freiburg.

And if your name is Nico, I will fall from my chair, laughing helplessly.

Seonor
2009-02-01, 11:37 AM
And if your name is Nico, I will fall from my chair, laughing helplessly.

No. Not even close.

Edit: Do you know if there is a good shop for DnD or DsA in Stuttgart? I'm kinda new in town.

Amiria
2009-02-01, 11:44 AM
Germany, Hamburg more or less.

afroakuma
2009-02-01, 04:40 PM
The map's beginning to look brighter!

Maybe now the light won't be concentrated only in the UK.

Atelm
2009-02-04, 11:04 AM
Finland, the same place as Adumbration, the name of said municipality being Nurmijärvi; some odd 40 km from the capital.

Om
2009-02-04, 12:32 PM
The map's beginning to look brighter!

Maybe now the light won't be concentrated only in the UK.The lights are going on all over Europe ;)

afroakuma
2009-02-04, 07:20 PM
Yep, the map's definitely getting brighter. Most pleased.

I'll repost after a few more folks show up.