PDA

View Full Version : Iron kingdoms - Gun mage

toddex
2009-01-24, 06:50 PM
Why are they so terrible? Cool concept but I would be better off taking a few levels of this then going into that sorc variant with 3/4 BA and martial weapon prof. The DM wont let me switch up the spell list to include those awesome orb conjuration spells im at a loss what to do with this guy other then the sorc levels.

Ravens_cry
2009-01-24, 07:58 PM
Three words.

Fantasy.

Gun.

Control. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FantasyGunControl)

toddex
2009-01-24, 08:23 PM
I 100% disagree with that, but thats just me. The idea of playing a dual pistol paladin kicking ass for his deity is pretty bad ass.

Starbuck_II
2009-01-24, 08:59 PM
I 100% disagree with that, but thats just me. The idea of playing a dual pistol paladin kicking ass for his deity is pretty bad ass.

Yeah, but they already made an anime about that guy. Vash the Stampede. :smallbiggrin:

Asbestos
2009-01-24, 09:01 PM
Three words.

Fantasy.

Gun.

Control. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FantasyGunControl)

Fantasy Gun Control? In a setting where anyone can have a gun, that you can take the Pistoleer or Rifleman PrC in, and that has giant steam powered golems armed with shoulder rockets, arm cannons, and buzz saws?

I'm not sure that trope applies to the Iron Kingdoms. I think the problem with Sorc's is that you get hosed in the IK because of the limits on magic in the setting.

toddex
2009-01-25, 07:01 AM
Yeah, but they already made an anime about that guy. Vash the Stampede. :smallbiggrin:

Bleh, I hate anime. You have sullied my vision!

Leon
2009-01-25, 08:08 AM
Why are they so terrible? .

Are they?
Ive not had any issue with them and other people that Ive played with who have played one haven't

If your going to go with the Battle Sorcerer why not just take all the levels in it and take a EWP: Small Arms feat (which gives you both Pistols and Rifles over the Gun mage's Pistol only)

Ive a Player in my Game atm who is playing a Greylord Gunmage with his sights set on Rifleman (a Arcane Widowmaker in effect)