PDA

View Full Version : [vestige]We're not gonna take it...

Winged One
2006-10-07, 04:36 AM
Kud'seya, the Heretic's Vengence
Vestige level 4th, Binding DC 25
Made of a thousand hateful souls, Kud'seya grants binders the power to weather divine power and strike with great skill, as well as howl blasphemies.
Legend: It is said(sometimes even by the vestige itself) that Kud'seya formed itself out of the souls of those who have died with their blood on the hands of the Order of Seropaenes, a curse on their lips, and hate for all gods in their heart. What is undeniably true is that it's name, sign, seal, and powers are a recent discovery that has brought out a few of the more retributive elements in some pact magic practicing organizations.
Special Requirements: Kud'seya, paradoxically, requires that a binder have studied the gods and understand what it means to fight them. It's seal can only be drawn by somebody with 5 ranks or more in Knowledge(religion).
Manifestation: a thousand white wisps with faces come out of the seal, moaning. They settle into one large red-eyed humanoid figure, which is rather eloquent in it's speach.
Sign: Your irises become a deep crimson. If suppressed, this sign can be unsuppressed as an immediate action.
Influence: Kud'seya's binders become cynical and paranoid about all religious matters and quite a few non-religious matters. They must also attempt a saving throw against divine spells when possible.
Granted Powers: Kud'seya grants defenses and attacks against the gods' servants.
Hostile Soul: You gain spell resistance equal to 10+your effective binder level. This resistance is only effective against divine spells. Lowering this resistance is considered going against Kud'seya's influence. If a spell fails to penetrate your spell resistance, you may for the caster to make a will save or take 1d6 per effective binder level damage. You may also make an opposed Charisma check against the caster; if you win you destroy their divine focus and gain a +2 circumstance bonus to Intimidate checks against them until they get a new divine focus. This ability is only functional while you are showing Kud'seya's sign.
Frightening Gaze: You gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Intimidate checks. This bonus improves to +8 if you show Kud'seya's sign.
Sacreligious Power: Your base attack bonus may be equal to your effective binder level for one round. After using this ability, you must wait 5 rounds before using it again.
Right and Wrong, Not Good and Evil: You become immune to effects that ignore a particular alignment(such as unholy blight or dictum), as well as to Vile damage and divine damage(such as the nonfire damage from flame strike).
True Blasphemy: As a standard action, you may deal 1d6 sonic damage per 2 effective binder levels to all divine casters within 5 feet per effective binder level who do not have a divine focus with them. This is a language-dependant effect.

Lucid_Archon
2006-10-07, 01:44 PM
Right and Wrong, Not Good and Evil: You become immune to damage that does not affect a particular alignment, as well as to Vile damage and divine damage(such as the nonfire damage from flame strike).
I could be wrong, but I think you meant immunity to damage that does affect a particular alignment. Other wise, this would make you immune to nearly every form of damage....

Edit: Oops... Looks like I messed up on that one. Sorry 'bout that.

Jack_Simth
2006-10-08, 12:14 AM
I could be wrong, but I think you meant immunity to damage that does affect a particular alignment. Other wise, this would make you immune to nearly every form of damage....
Methinks you have that backwards. Things that don't affect particular alignments (e.g., Blasphemy and Evil, or Dictum and Lawful) are negated by this ability (you're effectively pretending to be the alignment specified in the spell as safe as far as the spell is concerned). A Fireball affects every alignment, and so isn't negated by the ability. That's as curently written.

Winged One
2006-10-08, 03:24 PM
Mr. Smith has it right. Edited it to clear that up. Is this balanced as a 4th-level vestige?

LordOfNarf
2006-10-08, 05:30 PM
Ummm, looks balanced to me, but on the Right and wrong thingamadealie, it might be better to say on damage that ignores a certain alignment, rather than damage that does not affect, its less abmiguaous that way.

Winged One
2006-10-08, 06:49 PM
Fixed.